FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Kent Border Patrol

Kent Border Patrol

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

In yet another astonishing act of 'taking back control' we are now going to have what is tantamount to a border separating the rest of the country from Kent.

What will destroy the country first, Brexit or Covid?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"In yet another astonishing act of 'taking back control' we are now going to have what is tantamount to a border separating the rest of the country from Kent.

What will destroy the country first, Brexit or Covid?"

Sounds fun, what has happened there? Doesn’t sound like the Brexit we were promised

"In yet another astonishing act of 'taking back control' we are now going to have what is tantamount to a border separating the rest of the country from Kent.

What will destroy the country first, Brexit or Covid?

Sounds fun, what has happened there? Doesn’t sound like the Brexit we were promised "

Anyone in a commercial vehicle will have to apply for a 'Kent Access Permit' before driving into the county.

I saw the Kent "border" story. Just another Brexit bonus.

By *rench letterCouple  over a year ago

Chorley,

This government seem set on destroying this country.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Just more guessing nobody knows what will happen

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Just more guessing nobody knows what will happen"

No it's not guessing..

The shambles of brexit..

Kent voted overwhelmingly to leave the EU. Little did they know they might end up leaving the UK, too.

(Before the usual suspects cry out, it's a joke. I know they're not really leaving the UK.)

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

Our business is hounding HMRC and guess what. They don’t know. Unfortunately business has to know. It’s a bit more complicated and costly than booking a holiday.

So yes it’s because it’s such an almighty fuck up, no one who desperately needs to know actually does. We use customs procedures daily but to set rules for other countries. Our own government still have no idea what they want regarding procedures,

Another long list of continental hauliers are now saying they don’t want to come to the UK. That means exporting for us will get more expensive.

Permits for U.K. hauliers are limited to two thousand when forty thousand was the required number, so U.K. hauliers can’t take over.

This is an almighty fucking mess.

Not guessing at all, Gove set it out in Parliament today.

If someone jumps off a 200 foot cliff nobody knows for certain what will happen until they hit the ground but they can have a pretty good guess, that's why you don't see many people jumping off 2oo foot cliffs.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Its quite obvious that the Brexit process needs to be paused.

Its just impossible for the many problems to be overcome with Covid in the air.

"Its quite obvious that the Brexit process needs to be paused.

"

Why? Brexit was supposed to be a good thing for the country,lets get Brexit done ASAP and start implementing all the goodies we were promised

Grantham

Why? Brexit was supposed to be a good thing for the country,lets get Brexit done ASAP and start implementing all the goodies we were promised "

Or you could look at it more objectively!

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

What goodies were promised?

Why? Brexit was supposed to be a good thing for the country,lets get Brexit done ASAP and start implementing all the goodies we were promised "

Why? Brexit was supposed to be a good thing for the country,lets get Brexit done ASAP and start implementing all the goodies we were promised

Or you could look at it more objectively! "

I could, but you can’t pause the ‘will of the people’ , they have waited long enough for freedom and the promised land

An amazing trade deal (we hold all the cards), £350 million a week to the NHS, sovereignty , freedom , the list is endless

Manchester

An amazing trade deal (we hold all the cards), £350 million a week to the NHS, sovereignty , freedom , the list is endless "

Interestingly with 200million customs charges per year the possible cost to U.K. business is between 250-350 million per week. I kid you not.

Given we paid a net £150 -180million a week into the EU it’s not looking like anyone has done the maths very well on this.

An amazing trade deal (we hold all the cards), £350 million a week to the NHS, sovereignty , freedom , the list is endless

Interestingly with 200million customs charges per year the possible cost to U.K. business is between 250-350 million per week. I kid you not.

Given we paid a net £150 -180million a week into the EU it’s not looking like anyone has done the maths very well on this.

"

I know, plenty of fools fell for it though

Manchester

"

Before anyone chants up we will be paying into the U.K. forwarders . 70-90% of that cost is levied by the receiving and transit countries. It just gets better. We at least had a say in where that money went before. Now the European governments just get the cash.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Before anyone chants up we will be paying into the U.K. forwarders . 70-90% of that cost is levied by the receiving and transit countries. It just gets better. We at least had a say in where that money went before. Now the European governments just get the cash. "

I wonder what the reaction would be if we were not in the middle of covid?

Manchester

I know, plenty of fools fell for it though "

I don’t blame a lot of people for voting leave as their prospects under consecutive governments on both sides has been shockingly bad.

The rich have genuinely got richer and hidden away the cash while the worker just keeps struggling and is feeling lucky to have a job.

I’m not a left wing Labour, communist or anything but I do think a slow rebalance of wealth is needed.

We’re not a democracy anymore which is sad. A lot of people died for our freedom and we’re letting that freedom slip away by believing the shit we’re fed.

Manchester

Before anyone chants up we will be paying into the U.K. forwarders . 70-90% of that cost is levied by the receiving and transit countries. It just gets better. We at least had a say in where that money went before. Now the European governments just get the cash.

I wonder what the reaction would be if we were not in the middle of covid?"

I think Covid is this governments saviour as Covid will hide their total incompetence. Yes we can see them fucking it up daily but they will get sympathy because of how it’s spun in the media.

Our economy crashing will be blamed totally on Covid no mention of Brexit.

Job losses 100% Covid

Less exports 100% Covid.

Cummings must be grinning in his sleep!

I don’t blame a lot of people for voting leave as their prospects under consecutive governments on both sides has been shockingly bad.

The rich have genuinely got richer and hidden away the cash while the worker just keeps struggling and is feeling lucky to have a job.

I’m not a left wing Labour, communist or anything but I do think a slow rebalance of wealth is needed.

We’re not a democracy anymore which is sad. A lot of people died for our freedom and we’re letting that freedom slip away by believing the shit we’re fed.

"

I agree, the fools comment wasn’t aimed at all leave voters, just those who thought the NHS were going to an extra £350 million a week

liverpool

"

I do.

Lots of people felt left behind by labour so as a protest they voted for someone even more right wing.

I have not one ounce of sympathy for them.

liverpool

I wonder what the reaction would be if we were not in the middle of covid?

I think Covid is this governments saviour as Covid will hide their total incompetence. Yes we can see them fucking it up daily but they will get sympathy because of how it’s spun in the media.

Our economy crashing will be blamed totally on Covid no mention of Brexit.

Job losses 100% Covid

Less exports 100% Covid.

Cummings must be grinning in his sleep! "

I agree.

[Removed by poster at 24/09/20 12:55:18]

Is nobody popping up to defend the Kent super special Brexit bonus? I'm almost disappointed.

Funniest joke I've read on the topic so far:

"Brexit was supposed to turn the UK into an economic superman, but all we have ended up with are more clerks in Kent."

"Funniest joke I've read on the topic so far:

"Brexit was supposed to turn the UK into an economic superman, but all we have ended up with are more clerks in Kent.""

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

"Brexit was supposed to turn the UK into an economic superman, but all we have ended up with are more clerks in Kent.""

Maybe Nigel could get a ‘real’ job now!

Manchester

"Brexit was supposed to turn the UK into an economic superman, but all we have ended up with are more clerks in Kent."

"

It's a good one, isn't it?

Does more clerks mean more bureaucracy?

[Removed by poster at 24/09/20 16:35:07]

"

So Brexit is no longer a great idea?

By *dsindyTV/TS  over a year ago

East Lancashire

Spat my tea out at that....and nearly my teeth as well

By *L RogueMan  over a year ago

London

Covid...which will be conveniently used as the reason leaving the EU didn't work. People will buy it as well.

We're still not seeing any flag-waving Brexiters saying how this Kent development is a good thing. How odd.

Manchester

It's a good one, isn't it? "

Yes I love it and confess I’m stealing it as I write

It's a good one, isn't it?

Yes I love it and confess I’m stealing it as I write "

"We're still not seeing any flag-waving Brexiters saying how this Kent development is a good thing. How odd."

Maybe they are just ashamed of brexit

"We're still not seeing any flag-waving Brexiters saying how this Kent development is a good thing. How odd.

Maybe they are just ashamed of brexit "

Naaaah they love everything about it! That's why it's so strange that they haven't yet said how much they love this whole new Kent situation.

"We're still not seeing any flag-waving Brexiters saying how this Kent development is a good thing. How odd.

Maybe they are just ashamed of brexit

Naaaah they love everything about it! That's why it's so strange that they haven't yet said how much they love this whole new Kent situation."

Yes. You're right. They are pleased that the Republic of Kent is established

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"

The government has been critical of businesses not being prepared - yet the government has not told them the specifics of what is actually going to happen. This Kent permit is 1 example that would require IT systems and business process developments, even though it's just a matter of weeks until live.

If the granularity of detail is not available for everyone, it would be pertinent to have delayed the end of transition. It's unreasonable to assume that IT system changes can be specified a developed for organisations to communicate with each other, with fewer than 3 months until required live.

The stupid imposed 12 months as the transitional time period. And insisted on not extending it, after months of covid19 impacts.

The government has been critical of businesses not being prepared - yet the government has not told them the specifics of what is actually going to happen. This Kent permit is 1 example that would require IT systems and business process developments, even though it's just a matter of weeks until live.

If the granularity of detail is not available for everyone, it would be pertinent to have delayed the end of transition. It's unreasonable to assume that IT system changes can be specified a developed for organisations to communicate with each other, with fewer than 3 months until required live.

The stupid imposed 12 months as the transitional time period. And insisted on not extending it, after months of covid19 impacts. "

We'll all just wave our flags and trust to our bulldog spirit. What could go wrong?

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Perhaps we could Kent in the EU? Bit like a city state.

Has anybody at all argued that the Kent situation is actually a good thing? Could this be the 1st thread ever with no dissension?

"Has anybody at all argued that the Kent situation is actually a good thing? Could this be the 1st thread ever with no dissension?"

I think Kent will benefit from this. 7,000 lorrys may be stuck there. Lorry drivers like prostitutes. Someone will make money from this.

Maybe local brexiters will sell the hotdogs to lorry drivers.

The Republic of Kent has a lot of possibilities.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

As a man of the people’s republic of Essex.... does this turn the Dartford crossing into “checkpoint kev?”

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

I believe the new Kent access passes are to be known as " kermits" as they turn you into a temporary froggy ! any inference of muppetry from those taking back control is Purley accidental

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

i hear they are going to do border checks at ebbsfleet.... they are only going to allow people in with warm flat lager!!!!

Still no Brexiter defenders of the Kent situation? Can't any of them point to the clear benefit we're somehow not seeing?

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Such negativity...

Please look for the positives and the bright side or even a bit of humour...

By *exy7Man  over a year ago

Bristol

"Such negativity...

"

When something is rubbish or people have been lied to, it’s too easy to say ‘look for the positives’. I’m not buying this. This is a cop-out.,

"Such negativity...

"

Humour is needed for sure.

What are the positives of the situation?

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

And therin lies the problem.

The government don't know what will happen and as far as I can see they don't care as long as Boris gets "it" done. Possibly around February or March they will start to wonder what "it" is and could "it" have been handled better a little like Covid in care homes.

How did we ever manage to elect the raving monster looney party anyway ?

the wetlands

"Just more guessing nobody knows what will happen

If someone jumps off a 200 foot cliff nobody knows for certain what will happen until they hit the ground but they can have a pretty good guess, that's why you don't see many people jumping off 2oo foot cliffs. "

So what is the other option if there's a raging inferno driving you towards the cliff....

Bristol

"Just more guessing nobody knows what will happen

If someone jumps off a 200 foot cliff nobody knows for certain what will happen until they hit the ground but they can have a pretty good guess, that's why you don't see many people jumping off 2oo foot cliffs.

So what is the other option if there's a raging inferno driving you towards the cliff...."

If that’s really the situation the U.K is in now I’d like to be allowed to punch every single muppet who voted for this to happen.

Chelmsford

What is clear that both sides used spin and lies

"What is clear that both sides used spin and lies"

You really don't wanna talk about the Kent story, do you?

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

"What is clear that both sides used spin and lies.

"

I would agree that both sides used spin, that is the norm in politics these days (unfortunately).

However, I would argue the lies part.

Just about everything said by the leave team has so far been proven incorrect!

Just about everything thing "project fear" predicted seems to be coming to pass...

(ok I may have spun that a little myself, but not too much)

"What is clear that both sides used spin and lies"

What lies did remain tell?

liverpool

"What is clear that both sides used spin and lies

What lies did remain tell? "

They said the economy would be in trouble if we left..jobs would etc

Scaremongering stuff like that.

Rolls eyes.

What lies did remain tell?

They said the economy would be in trouble if we left..jobs would etc

Scaremongering stuff like that.

Rolls eyes."

They also says it be impossible to get a good trade deal and it would take years to negotiate,

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

What lies did remain tell? "

the half a million jobs lost day after we vote leave ?

What lies did remain tell? the half a million jobs lost day after we vote leave ?"

Source or link?

[Removed by poster at 28/09/20 16:45:34]

What lies did remain tell? the half a million jobs lost day after we vote leave ?"

Who said that ?

Interesting.

Leaving was always going to be phased. We're nearly there though.

Which phase were these job losses due to happen?

Bristol

Where did you get this from?

liverpool

Ironically the issues we are having...problems leaving,possible no deal etc were not mentioned so you could say the leave campaign actually undersold the potential problems.

Chelmsford

Have faith ...

It will be alright on the night

"Have faith ...

It will be alright on the night "

Oh you did say we need a sense of humour. Which I agree with. And we need to look on the bright side. Which I also agree with. But I don't know what the bright side of this issue is.

Can you explain, so we can have a balanced view?

Chelmsford

Life will go on. The sun will rise.. no need for panic

"Life will go on. The sun will rise.. no need for panic"

Yes, but you're not suggesting that the upside of the restrictions on commercial vehicles entering into Kent is that the sun will rise and that life will go on?

Chelmsford

Stop panicking everyone..

Life will go on

"Stop panicking everyone..

Life will go on "

Everything okay?

You appear to be repeating yourself and ignoring the questions.

Chelmsford

Life will go on

Everything okay?

You appear to be repeating yourself and ignoring the questions."

The answers will reveal themselves and life will adapt and move on....

Life will go on

Everything okay?

The answers will reveal themselves and life will adapt and move on...."

It's okay if you don't know.

Optimism is still allowed.

Manchester

Life will go on "

It will

But will it be better ?? Sadly no

Life will go on

Everything okay?

The answers will reveal themselves and life will adapt and move on....

"

You seem to be admitting it's crap, but you know, not that crap.

But it didn't need to be done at all, let alone be crap.

So please, be specific, what benefit has Brexit brought?

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 28/09/20 22:44:05]

Bristol

It’ll be alright.... What a load of crap.

It was alright before we decided to leave with one of the lowest unemployment rate in Europe. Now we’re talking about a lorry park in Kent, a no deal brexit, British people living on the continent not knowing what will happen to them etc... But it’s great, the sun will rise and Eastenders will be in the telly and kettles will still boil. So pathetic...

Who said that? Link, quote, name and date, please.

Grantham

What lies did remain tell? the half a million jobs lost day after we vote leave ?

Who said that? Link, quote, name and date, please. "

It was David Cameron and George Osborne back in 2015 BUT not the day after the vote, rather in the the two years following a leave vote.

the wetlands

Life will go on

Everything okay?

The answers will reveal themselves and life will adapt and move on...."

Indeed, I'm sure we will handle a no deal bexit just as efficiently as we are handling the Covid crisis.

Oh ... Wait ....

Chelmsford

Such negativity on here...

"Such negativity on here...

"

Where are the positives? Johnson, trump, brexit?

"

I'm with you. We should think positively in general.

But I did ask you three or four times what the positives of this situation are. So I can join you in your optimism. But you prefer to keep it to yourself.

Maybe it would help the negative minded people if you shared what you know.

I'm with you. We should think positively in general.

But I did ask you three or four times what the positives of this situation are. So I can join you in your optimism. But you prefer to keep it to yourself.

Maybe it would help the negative minded people if you shared what you know."

thornaby

"It’ll be alright.... What a load of crap.

It was alright before we decided to leave with one of the lowest unemployment rate in Europe. Now we’re talking about a lorry park in Kent, a no deal brexit, British people living on the continent not knowing what will happen to them etc... But it’s great, the sun will rise and Eastenders will be in the telly and kettles will still boil. So pathetic...

"

nothing great about eastenders mate even more gloom on that shite than this thread lol

"It’ll be alright.... What a load of crap.

nothing great about eastenders mate even more gloom on that shite than this thread lol"

I concur with this assessment. The situation in Kent and EastEnders are both depressing.

However, there is positive news, we're just waiting for Tom to let us know what it is.....

Chelmsford

It's about mindset...

"It's about mindset...

"

Nothing tangible then?

Chelmsford

"It's about mindset...

Nothing tangible then?"

Very tangible but I am not here to be your counsellor...

I am not qualified and to fair not interested... But there is help out there if you seek it...

"It's about mindset...

Nothing tangible then?

Very tangible but I am not here to be your counsellor...

I am not qualified and to fair not interested... But there is help out there if you seek it..."

I think you're going off topic. I'm comfortable with the state on my mental health.

I'm on your side here though. We need a positive outlook. I was just asking you for some details of this situation that are making you feel positive about it.

Is this part of a bigger picture of positives, or is there a benefit to the UK to control commercial vehicles entering Kent?

Go!

Chelmsford

One and one only...

Cheaper fruit....

"One and one only...

Cheaper fruit....

"

Oh that's great! Sounds positive.

Is it cheaper fruit for people who live in Kent, or outside of Kent?

Does this impact fruit growers, are they likely to be getting paid less for the produce?

Do you have more info on this so I can read up.

Thank you for sharing.

Chelmsford

"One and one only...

Cheaper fruit....

Does this impact fruit growers, are they likely to be getting paid less for the produce?

Thank you for sharing."

My pleasure..

Now stay positive.. no negative thoughts

"One and one only...

Cheaper fruit....

Thank you for sharing.

My pleasure..

Now stay positive.. no negative thoughts "

Thanks Tom.

I can't find anything relevent on line about "cheaper fruit". Can you give us another clue?

Chelmsford

"One and one only...

Cheaper fruit....

Thank you for sharing.

My pleasure..

Thanks Tom.

I can't find anything relevent on line about "cheaper fruit". Can you give us another clue?"

I am no guru.. seek and you will find...

"One and one only...

Cheaper fruit....

Thank you for sharing.

My pleasure..

Thanks Tom.

I can't find anything relevent on line about "cheaper fruit". Can you give us another clue?

"

Why won't you just tell us?

If this situation leads to cheaper fruit. I'm all open to learn about it.

But unless you share more about the bargain fruit, how are any of us supposed to find it on Google?

thornaby

"One and one only...

Cheaper fruit....

Thank you for sharing.

My pleasure..

Thanks Tom.

But unless you share more about the bargain fruit, how are any of us supposed to find it on Google?"

Aldi amd Lidl’doinf some great offers on fruit at the minute mate

Chelmsford

"One and one only...

Cheaper fruit....

Thank you for sharing.

My pleasure..

Thanks Tom.

But unless you share more about the bargain fruit, how are any of us supposed to find it on Google? Aldi amd Lidl’doinf some great offers on fruit at the minute mate "

Brilliant example of positivity

"One and one only...

Cheaper fruit....

Thank you for sharing.

My pleasure..

Thanks Tom.

But unless you share more about the bargain fruit, how are any of us supposed to find it on Google? Aldi amd Lidl’doinf some great offers on fruit at the minute mate "

As a result of the planned restrictions on commercial vehicles entering Kent?

Do you have a link to this news? Or where can I find out more about it.

"One and one only...

Cheaper fruit....

Thank you for sharing.

My pleasure..

Thanks Tom.

But unless you share more about the bargain fruit, how are any of us supposed to find it on Google? Aldi amd Lidl’doinf some great offers on fruit at the minute mate

Brilliant example of positivity "

Being positive is great. But problematic when it doesn't reflect reality.

I've genuinely tried here. Really hard, to help out with the positive aspect of this issue. You said "cheaper fruit", which needs some context otherwise it's just a meaningless, abstract pair of words.

liverpool

"One and one only...

Cheaper fruit....

Thank you for sharing.

My pleasure..

Thanks Tom.

Couldnt we go there before Brexit?

thornaby

"One and one only...

Cheaper fruit....

Thank you for sharing.

My pleasure..

Thanks Tom.

But unless you share more about the bargain fruit, how are any of us supposed to find it on Google? Aldi amd Lidl’doinf some great offers on fruit at the minute mate

Couldnt we go there before Brexit?"

yes we could and it’s still cheap

"One and one only...

Cheaper fruit....

Thank you for sharing.

My pleasure..

Now stay positive.. no negative thoughts "

stay realistic even better

"One and one only...

Cheaper fruit....

Thank you for sharing.

My pleasure..

Thanks Tom.

Brilliant example of positivity "

Indeed, slightly cheaper fruit is just another Brext bonus to add to the list

thornaby

"One and one only...

Cheaper fruit....

Thank you for sharing.

My pleasure..

Thanks Tom.

Indeed, slightly cheaper fruit is just another Brext bonus to add to the list "

just trying to help a fellow fabber out it’s a positive thing lol

"One and one only...

Cheaper fruit....

Thank you for sharing.

My pleasure..

Thanks Tom.

Indeed, slightly cheaper fruit is just another Brext bonus to add to the list just trying to help a fellow fabber out it’s a positive thing lol"

Well done, why did they have that written on the side of a bus? It might have persuaded me to vote for Brexit

thornaby

"One and one only...

Cheaper fruit....

Thank you for sharing.

My pleasure..

Thanks Tom.

Indeed, slightly cheaper fruit is just another Brext bonus to add to the list just trying to help a fellow fabber out it’s a positive thing lol

Well done, why did they have that written on the side of a bus? It might have persuaded me to vote for Brexit "

if you could be persuaded of slogans of a bus you should complain to the Labour Party London is awash woth big red buses they missed a trick there lol

"One and one only...

Cheaper fruit....

Thank you for sharing.

My pleasure..

Thanks Tom.

Indeed, slightly cheaper fruit is just another Brext bonus to add to the list just trying to help a fellow fabber out it’s a positive thing lol

Well done, why did they have that written on the side of a bus? It might have persuaded me to vote for Brexit if you could be persuaded of slogans of a bus you should complain to the Labour Party London is awash woth big red buses they missed a trick there lol"

Really? Do they still have the £350million to the NHS written on them

thornaby

"One and one only...

Cheaper fruit....

Thank you for sharing.

My pleasure..

Thanks Tom.

Well done, why did they have that written on the side of a bus? It might have persuaded me to vote for Brexit if you could be persuaded of slogans of a bus you should complain to the Labour Party London is awash woth big red buses they missed a trick there lol

Really? Do they still have the £350million to the NHS written on them "

I’m not from London but from memory it was just the one bus I’m sure London as more than just the one red bus tho get ya google out have a look I may be wrong lol

By *hybloke67Man  over a year ago

ROMFORD

"One and one only...

Cheaper fruit....

Thank you for sharing.

My pleasure..

Thanks Tom.

Well done, why did they have that written on the side of a bus? It might have persuaded me to vote for Brexit if you could be persuaded of slogans of a bus you should complain to the Labour Party London is awash woth big red buses they missed a trick there lol

Really? Do they still have the £350million to the NHS written on them I’m not from London but from memory it was just the one bus I’m sure London as more than just the one red bus tho get ya google out have a look I may be wrong lol"

The writing on the bus said.

We send the EU £350 million a week.

Let's fund the NHS instead.

It doesn't say let's spend £350 million a week extra on the NHS.

"One and one only...

Cheaper fruit....

Thank you for sharing.

My pleasure..

Thanks Tom.

Really? Do they still have the £350million to the NHS written on them I’m not from London but from memory it was just the one bus I’m sure London as more than just the one red bus tho get ya google out have a look I may be wrong lol

"

Ah, but we didn’t send the EU £350 million a week though ,

"One and one only...

Cheaper fruit....

Thank you for sharing.

My pleasure..

Thanks Tom.

Really? Do they still have the £350million to the NHS written on them I’m not from London but from memory it was just the one bus I’m sure London as more than just the one red bus tho get ya google out have a look I may be wrong lol

"

...and let's all be honest, we know how it was supposed to be read by the man on the street, however much you nitpick.

Didn't this thread used to be about the ridiculous Kent situation? Strange that certain people were happy to see it drift away from that topic.

Didn't somebody claim it'd result in cheaper fruit for us? Did they ever provide any sort of source whatsoever for that? And what other amazing benefits will the new Kent situation bring us?

"One and one only...

Cheaper fruit....

Thank you for sharing.

My pleasure..

Thanks Tom.

...and let's all be honest, we know how it was supposed to be read by the man on the street, however much you nitpick."

They could of written anything on the side of a bus it would of made little difference,I should imagine those that wanted to leave already had there minds made up, probably long before we even got to the referendum, i know i did, the signing of maastricht treaty did it for me . Leave had it easy as they already had a large proportion of the population wanting out, it was for remain to try and sell the reasons to stay and change peoples minds but they failed to get there piont across, and in my opinion saying that people didn't know what they were voting for, calling people racists and uneducated knuckle dragging thugs did not help there cause trying to change minds, it just made people more resolute.

"One and one only...

Cheaper fruit....

Thank you for sharing.

My pleasure..

Thanks Tom.

...and let's all be honest, we know how it was supposed to be read by the man on the street, however much you nitpick.

They could of written anything on the side of a bus it would of made little difference,I should imagine those that wanted to leave already had there minds made up, probably long before we even got to the referendum, i know i did, the signing of maastricht treaty did it for me . Leave had it easy as they already had a large proportion of the population wanting out, it was for remain to try and sell the reasons to stay and change peoples minds but they failed to get there piont across, and in my opinion saying that people didn't know what they were voting for, calling people racists and uneducated knuckle dragging thugs did not help there cause trying to change minds, it just made people more resolute."

So you're saying you voted for a border around Kent?

"One and one only...

Cheaper fruit....

Thank you for sharing.

My pleasure..

Thanks Tom.

They could of written anything on the side of a bus it would of made little difference,I should imagine those that wanted to leave already had there minds made up, probably long before we even got to the referendum, i know i did, the signing of maastricht treaty did it for me . Leave had it easy as they already had a large proportion of the population wanting out, it was for remain to try and sell the reasons to stay and change peoples minds but they failed to get there piont across, and in my opinion saying that people didn't know what they were voting for, calling people racists and uneducated knuckle dragging thugs did not help there cause trying to change minds, it just made people more resolute."

Why did they put it on the side of the bus then? What deal did you vote for? Or do you admit that the easy great deal promises were also lies??

"One and one only...

Cheaper fruit....

Thank you for sharing.

My pleasure..

Thanks Tom.

The lies on the side of the bus was just a metaphor for the anti-EU bullshit published in the British press for years and years.

Here are some examples printed in popular British news papers. The "Big red bus lie" could easily be any of these.

"EU regulations to ban playgrounds" is one of my favourites.

https://tompride.wordpress.com/2017/12/05/see-20-years-of-fake-news-about-eu-by-uk-press-vote-for-your-favourite-here/

"One and one only...

Cheaper fruit....

Thank you for sharing.

My pleasure..

Thanks Tom.

They could of written anything on the side of a bus it would of made little difference,I should imagine those that wanted to leave already had there minds made up, probably long before we even got to the referendum, i know i did, the signing of maastricht treaty did it for me . Leave had it easy as they already had a large proportion of the population wanting out, it was for remain to try and sell the reasons to stay and change peoples minds but they failed to get there piont across, and in my opinion saying that people didn't know what they were voting for, calling people racists and uneducated knuckle dragging thugs did not help there cause trying to change minds, it just made people more resolute.

Why did they put it on the side of the bus then? What deal did you vote for? Or do you admit that the easy great deal promises were also lies?? "

I know why they put it on the bus, what i said was I dont believe it changed a lot of peoples minds one way or the other, maybe I am wrong, who knows how many changed the minds based on that bus. There was no deal to vote for, the question was to leave or remain, nothing else, so therefore I never voted on any deal no more than anyone else did. Personally I never thought a deal would be easy at all, and I never have believed we would get anything amazing because it would be completely unrealistic to expect the EU to give us a brilliant deal which may have made other nation's think differently about there membership.

"One and one only...

Cheaper fruit....

Thank you for sharing.

My pleasure..

Thanks Tom.

Why did they put it on the side of the bus then? What deal did you vote for? Or do you admit that the easy great deal promises were also lies?? I know why they put it on the bus, what i said was I dont believe it changed a lot of peoples minds one way or the other, maybe I am wrong, who knows how many changed the minds based on that bus. There was no deal to vote for, the question was to leave or remain, nothing else, so therefore I never voted on any deal no more than anyone else did. Personally I never thought a deal would be easy at all, and I never have believed we would get anything amazing because it would be completely unrealistic to expect the EU to give us a brilliant deal which may have made other nation's think differently about there membership."

I see, so you didn’t really believe all the lies and bullshit spouted by the leaders of the Brexit campaign? Do you think that is the case for the majority of leave voters? If we get a a no deal, do you think that is beneficial for the country?

"One and one only...

Cheaper fruit....

Thank you for sharing.

My pleasure..

Thanks Tom.

So you're saying you voted for a border around Kent?"

No I voted for Brexit, the vote was to leave or remain nothing else. Are you sure there is going to be a "border around kent", I think that's a little different to what is being reported, but who knows you may be right.

"One and one only...

Cheaper fruit....

Thank you for sharing.

My pleasure..

Thanks Tom.

No I voted for Brexit, the vote was to leave or remain nothing else. Are you sure there is going to be a "border around kent", I think that's a little different to what is being reported, but who knows you may be right."

And what is your own personal interpretation of Brexit? What benefits of the leaving the EU do you predict and when will they start ?

"One and one only...

Cheaper fruit....

Thank you for sharing.

My pleasure..

Thanks Tom.

Why did they put it on the side of the bus then? What deal did you vote for? Or do you admit that the easy great deal promises were also lies?? I know why they put it on the bus, what i said was I dont believe it changed a lot of peoples minds one way or the other, maybe I am wrong, who knows how many changed the minds based on that bus. There was no deal to vote for, the question was to leave or remain, nothing else, so therefore I never voted on any deal no more than anyone else did. Personally I never thought a deal would be easy at all, and I never have believed we would get anything amazing because it would be completely unrealistic to expect the EU to give us a brilliant deal which may have made other nation's think differently about there membership.

I see, so you didn’t really believe all the lies and bullshit spouted by the leaders of the Brexit campaign? Do you think that is the case for the majority of leave voters? If we get a a no deal, do you think that is beneficial for the country? "

Like I said I knew in 1992 if I ever got a vote, how i would vote so no none of bullshit from the campaigns made no difference to me, as regards for all leave voters, I have no idea although I do think I was not the only one that already knew how they would vote. To answer your last question , no I don't think no deal is beneficial for the country and I do think that in the end a deal of sorts will be done, but it will go to the wire first. Anyway thats it from me I better get back to work lol.

"One and one only...

Cheaper fruit....

Thank you for sharing.

My pleasure..

Thanks Tom.

Why did they put it on the side of the bus then? What deal did you vote for? Or do you admit that the easy great deal promises were also lies?? I know why they put it on the bus, what i said was I dont believe it changed a lot of peoples minds one way or the other, maybe I am wrong, who knows how many changed the minds based on that bus. There was no deal to vote for, the question was to leave or remain, nothing else, so therefore I never voted on any deal no more than anyone else did. Personally I never thought a deal would be easy at all, and I never have believed we would get anything amazing because it would be completely unrealistic to expect the EU to give us a brilliant deal which may have made other nation's think differently about there membership.

I see, so you didn’t really believe all the lies and bullshit spouted by the leaders of the Brexit campaign? Do you think that is the case for the majority of leave voters? If we get a a no deal, do you think that is beneficial for the country?

Like I said I knew in 1992 if I ever got a vote, how i would vote so no none of bullshit from the campaigns made no difference to me, as regards for all leave voters, I have no idea although I do think I was not the only one that already knew how they would vote. To answer your last question , no I don't think no deal is beneficial for the country and I do think that in the end a deal of sorts will be done, but it will go to the wire first. Anyway thats it from me I better get back to work lol."

Fair enough mate, hopefully you will come back with some examples of the benefits of leaving the EU ASAP

"One and one only...

Cheaper fruit....

Thank you for sharing.

My pleasure..

Thanks Tom.

Like I said I knew in 1992 if I ever got a vote, how i would vote so no none of bullshit from the campaigns made no difference to me, as regards for all leave voters, I have no idea although I do think I was not the only one that already knew how they would vote. To answer your last question , no I don't think no deal is beneficial for the country and I do think that in the end a deal of sorts will be done, but it will go to the wire first. Anyway thats it from me I better get back to work lol."

Btw, you were 17 in 1992? I didn’t know what the EU was at that age so fair play to you

"One and one only...

Cheaper fruit....

Thank you for sharing.

My pleasure..

Thanks Tom.

No I voted for Brexit, the vote was to leave or remain nothing else. Are you sure there is going to be a "border around kent", I think that's a little different to what is being reported, but who knows you may be right.

And what is your own personal interpretation of Brexit? What benefits of the leaving the EU do you predict and when will they start ?"

Brexit to me is no longer being part of the European Union and as for benefits, well that depends on how you quantify it doesn't it, you see to me as i didnt want further integration,so I already have my benefit, but a lot of you on here only talk about financial benefits and if that's what you mean well I dont really think there will be a financial one and never have, but as I said my reasoning was not about money, as for others reasons who knows.

"One and one only...

Cheaper fruit....

Thank you for sharing.

My pleasure..

Thanks Tom.

Like I said I knew in 1992 if I ever got a vote, how i would vote so no none of bullshit from the campaigns made no difference to me, as regards for all leave voters, I have no idea although I do think I was not the only one that already knew how they would vote. To answer your last question , no I don't think no deal is beneficial for the country and I do think that in the end a deal of sorts will be done, but it will go to the wire first. Anyway thats it from me I better get back to work lol.

Btw, you were 17 in 1992? I didn’t know what the EU was at that age so fair play to you "

yep 17 and just starting my apprenticeship, wish I were again lol.

"One and one only...

Cheaper fruit....

Thank you for sharing.

My pleasure..

Thanks Tom.

And what is your own personal interpretation of Brexit? What benefits of the leaving the EU do you predict and when will they start ?

Brexit to me is no longer being part of the European Union and as for benefits, well that depends on how you quantify it doesn't it, you see to me as i didnt want further integration,so I already have my benefit, but a lot of you on here only talk about financial benefits and if that's what you mean well I dont really think there will be a financial one and never have, but as I said my reasoning was not about money, as for others reasons who knows. "

Why didn’t you want further integration? I respect the fact you realise that Brexit will make us all worse off, not sure if all Brexit voters will admit that

Chelmsford

"One and one only...

Cheaper fruit....

Thank you for sharing.

My pleasure..

Thanks Tom.

And what is your own personal interpretation of Brexit? What benefits of the leaving the EU do you predict and when will they start ?"

It's about the referendum...

The people's vote..

Was leave..

By *ebbie69Couple  over a year ago

milton keynes

"One and one only...

Cheaper fruit....

Thank you for sharing.

My pleasure..

Thanks Tom.

You waited a long time to vote and stuck to your original conclusion. Was you not swayed at all to change your mind?. As for the bus well it's got to be the most cost effective stunt ever

"One and one only...

Cheaper fruit....

Thank you for sharing.

My pleasure..

Thanks Tom.

The people's vote..

Was leave.. "

Yes, it was. As a leave voter you must know exactly why you voted leave and exactly what benefits we can expect, otherwise you’re going to looking a bit silly

"One and one only...

Cheaper fruit....

Thank you for sharing.

My pleasure..

Thanks Tom.

The people's vote..

Was leave.. "

It's more like it was Murdoch's vote. The people just did as he wanted.

"One and one only...

Cheaper fruit....

Thank you for sharing.

My pleasure..

Thanks Tom.

You waited a long time to vote and stuck to your original conclusion. Was you not swayed at all to change your mind?. As for the bus well it's got to be the most cost effective stunt ever"

Stunt??

Chelmsford

This has descended into us v them.

Just stay happy and stay focussed.

Happiness not hate..

Stay positive guys

"This has descended into us v them.

Just stay happy and stay focussed.

Happiness not hate..

Stay positive guys "

No answer then?

Chelmsford

And while you worry about Brexit over 7000 new cases today..

# perspective

"And while you worry about Brexit over 7000 new cases today..

# perspective"

It is a forum thread about Brexit, what are you doing on here? If you want to chat about the virus there is entire section devoted to it elsewhere

Chelmsford

"One and one only...

Cheaper fruit....

Thank you for sharing.

My pleasure..

Thanks Tom.

The people's vote..

Was leave..

Yes, it was. As a leave voter you must know exactly why you voted leave and exactly what benefits we can expect, otherwise you’re going to looking a bit silly "

Nobody will look silly..

Only the doom mongers are obsessed with this

Chelmsford

"And while you worry about Brexit over 7000 new cases today..

# perspective

It is a forum thread about Brexit, what are you doing on here? If you want to chat about the virus there is entire section devoted to it elsewhere "

Politics room then..

Chelmsford

The anger in here from some is concerning..

"One and one only...

Cheaper fruit....

Thank you for sharing.

My pleasure..

Thanks Tom.

The people's vote..

Was leave..

Yes, it was. As a leave voter you must know exactly why you voted leave and exactly what benefits we can expect, otherwise you’re going to looking a bit silly

Nobody will look silly..

Only the doom mongers are obsessed with this"

Then give me some examples? Must be easy to list at least 5

"The anger in here from some is concerning..

"

No anger here, I like a debate, I suppose I care more about the impact of Brexit than you do.

milton keynes

"One and one only...

Cheaper fruit....

Thank you for sharing.

My pleasure..

Thanks Tom.

You waited a long time to vote and stuck to your original conclusion. Was you not swayed at all to change your mind?. As for the bus well it's got to be the most cost effective stunt ever

Stunt?? "

Stunt, gimmick,slogan got to be the most cost effective ever

"One and one only...

Cheaper fruit....

Thank you for sharing.

My pleasure..

Thanks Tom.

Stunt??

Stunt, gimmick,slogan got to be the most cost effective ever"

True, the people who paid for that sign will certainly gain an enormous amount financially , not sure if the people who read it will

milton keynes

"One and one only...

Cheaper fruit....

Thank you for sharing.

My pleasure..

Thanks Tom.

Stunt??

Stunt, gimmick,slogan got to be the most cost effective ever

True, the people who paid for that sign will certainly gain an enormous amount financially , not sure if the people who read it will "

Yes and doubt the originators never thought in their wildest dreams it would be so effective and still working long after

Chelmsford

No anger here, I like a debate, I suppose I care more about the impact of Brexit than you do. "

There is nothing to fear from Brexit.. live and enjoy your life...

Chelmsford

I wonder if that iconic bus will one day be in a museum along with the ones pulled down by protestors..

No anger here, I like a debate, I suppose I care more about the impact of Brexit than you do.

There is nothing to fear from Brexit.. live and enjoy your life... "

Fear? No.

Have concerns about? Definitely.

thornaby

There is nothing to fear from Brexit.. live and enjoy your life... "

enjoy there life the thing is they just can’t there consumed be Brexit it as become everything to them I fear for some of them it can’t be good for there mental health complaining about something they can’t do anything about 4yrs of it must take its toll

Chelmsford

Some can't let go...

It was just a vote..

Win .. happy days..

Lose .. get over it...

Someone saying they would like to punch people.. ridiculous

"Some can't let go...

It was just a vote..

Win .. happy days..

Lose .. get over it...

Someone saying they would like to punch people.. ridiculous "

Commercial vehicles requiring a licence to get into Kent = cheap fruit....

Chelmsford

"Some can't let go...

It was just a vote..

Win .. happy days..

Lose .. get over it...

Someone saying they would like to punch people.. ridiculous

Commercial vehicles requiring a licence to get into Kent = cheap fruit...."

Or bitter fruit by remainers perhaps ?

liverpool

There is nothing to fear from Brexit.. live and enjoy your life... enjoy there life the thing is they just can’t there consumed be Brexit it as become everything to them I fear for some of them it can’t be good for there mental health complaining about something they can’t do anything about 4yrs of it must take its toll "

Cam I ask you a question?

If Brexit proves to be catastrophic and it effects you personally.. will your opinion be the same?

There is nothing to fear from Brexit.. live and enjoy your life... enjoy there life the thing is they just can’t there consumed be Brexit it as become everything to them I fear for some of them it can’t be good for there mental health complaining about something they can’t do anything about 4yrs of it must take its toll

"

Nigel Farage spent about 30 years complaining about being in the EU. Granted it has turned him into a bitter and twisted man.

I'll continue complaining, and voting, and campaigning. I don't think I'll have to wait 30 years though.

milton keynes

There is nothing to fear from Brexit.. live and enjoy your life... enjoy there life the thing is they just can’t there consumed be Brexit it as become everything to them I fear for some of them it can’t be good for there mental health complaining about something they can’t do anything about 4yrs of it must take its toll

Nigel Farage spent about 30 years complaining about being in the EU. Granted it has turned him into a bitter and twisted man.

I'll continue complaining, and voting, and campaigning. I don't think I'll have to wait 30 years though. "

What is it you don't expect to have to wait 30 years for?

Chelmsford

If Brexit proves to be catastrophic and it effects you personally.. will your opinion be the same?"

To be honest.. let's embrace change and not resist it

thornaby

If Brexit proves to be catastrophic and it effects you personally.. will your opinion be the same?"

I can’t see how it will effect me personally so it’s hard to answer mate can I ask you a question and I’m not taking the piss but has brexit effected yr personality in anyway or is fab a great place to have a blow out and you won’t believe me but I hope it asnt mate

Manchester

"One and one only...

Cheaper fruit....

Thank you for sharing.

My pleasure..

Thanks Tom.

"

It inferred we would be able to increase funding to the NHS by £350m in the way it was written and it also inferred it costs the U.K. £350 m a week to be part of the EU which it didn’t . So two misleading statements in one slogan .

Any business making these claims would dragged before advertising standards but being politicians we let them get away with it.

Regardless of Brexit we should be dragging the lying politicians into court from both sides.

How can we have a fair educated vote if lies are allowed. It’s time we stopped the rotten Parliament.

liverpool

If Brexit proves to be catastrophic and it effects you personally.. will your opinion be the same? I can’t see how it will effect me personally so it’s hard to answer mate can I ask you a question and I’m not taking the piss but has brexit effected yr personality in anyway or is fab a great place to have a blow out and you won’t believe me but I hope it asnt mate "

Eh?

If Brexit proves to be catastrophic and it effects you personally.. will your opinion be the same?

To be honest.. let's embrace change and not resist it"

This only makes sense if the change is positive.

Would you embrace the change to your bank account if someone stole all your money from it?

So far the only benefit to this situation in Kent is "cheaper fruit", but we've been asking you all day for some information on this.

You can see how it looks like you've just made it up?

But if it's not made up. I'd love to see some information about it.

thornaby

If Brexit proves to be catastrophic and it effects you personally.. will your opinion be the same? I can’t see how it will effect me personally so it’s hard to answer mate can I ask you a question and I’m not taking the piss but has brexit effected yr personality in anyway or is fab a great place to have a blow out and you won’t believe me but I hope it asnt mate

Eh?"

aw shit forgot you can’t read unless there’s full stops lol

"Some can't let go...

It was just a vote..

Win .. happy days..

Lose .. get over it...

Someone saying they would like to punch people.. ridiculous "

Who said that? I know a certain leave voter who stated on here that they wanted to ‘spit on remain voters’ though

ROMFORD

"One and one only...

Cheaper fruit....

Thank you for sharing.

My pleasure..

Thanks Tom.

...and let's all be honest, we know how it was supposed to be read by the man on the street, however much you nitpick."

So you would prefer to send tax payers money to the EU rather than it being spent on something that benefits all UK citizens?

Didn't this used to be about the stupid situation in Kent?

ROMFORD

"Didn't this used to be about the stupid situation in Kent?"

Well you were talking about Murdoch a while back.!

"Didn't this used to be about the stupid situation in Kent?

Well you were talking about Murdoch a while back.!"

In response to a thing somebody else said. Yet I also tried to drag things back on to the topic.

So what do you think of the Kent situation?

ROMFORD

"Didn't this used to be about the stupid situation in Kent?

Well you were talking about Murdoch a while back.!

In response to a thing somebody else said. Yet I also tried to drag things back on to the topic.

So what do you think of the Kent situation?"

I think its outrageous that you already have to pay to enter Kent and the money goes to a French company.!

"One and one only...

Cheaper fruit....

Thank you for sharing.

My pleasure..

Thanks Tom.

So you would prefer to send tax payers money to the EU rather than it being spent on something that benefits all UK citizens?

"

That's quite a leap from me calling the words on the bus bollocks.

Paying money into the EU benefitted us much more than spending a fortune replicating services we used to share in a cost effective way with our neighbours.

Or, when this turns to no deal in December, paying tariffs on all the goods we used to get through our free trade agreements with them.

Are Kent's Passports Blue ?