FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > finance

finance

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iguy for fun OP   Man  over a year ago

CIRENCESTER

i'll have to be honest that over the years i've voted tory when it comes to general election and then when it comes to come local elections ive voted when it comes to local politics.

i am however sick to the back teeth of labour politicos caning the current govt (not a fan btw) - you got a better ideas? you got some cash we don't know about?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hmmmmm not saying what my political preferences are but I know bad spending when I see it. We might have done better if we hadn't:

Bought worthless useless PPE early days because we were unprepared to believe our country could get Covid!

Spend shit loads on our own test and and trace service only for it not to work!

Pay towards people to eat out!!! WTF when there are children in the country who stil don't always get a hot meal a day.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I don't know what the thread point specifically is but the Opposition should oppose and hold the government to account, it's their role and duty. There have been constant officers of collaborative working across the spectrum and inclusive of devolved governments too but they have been rejected. This isn't the politics forum area though.

We've been mislead on testing and the tracing operations. They're unfit for purpose and we did not use the quieter summer period to plan and resource for the predicted autumn crisis levels that we have. The suppliers of testing reagents etc did not get orders, so their production and supply chains are now inadequate. It's our job to manage our suppliers and we failed, thus leaving the country vulnerable again. Surprises can happen but this is sheer incompetence.

I agree this is more a political thread than virus and should be moved.

The virus is apolitical!

By *uwwwMan  over a year ago

south birmingham

"i'll have to be honest that over the years i've voted tory when it comes to general election and then when it comes to come local elections ive voted when it comes to local politics.

i am however sick to the back teeth of labour politicos caning the current govt (not a fan btw) - you got a better ideas? you got some cash we don't know about?"

theres plenty of cash about, its never been cheaper and more affordable to borrow money, like most other succesful countrys around the world, but that doesnt fit there plan im afraid, its better for them to keep us in our place so they can stay in their place.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"i'll have to be honest that over the years i've voted tory when it comes to general election and then when it comes to come local elections ive voted when it comes to local politics.

i am however sick to the back teeth of labour politicos caning the current govt (not a fan btw) - you got a better ideas? you got some cash we don't know about?"

They arent caning the gmnt

They should be though

i am however sick to the back teeth of labour politicos caning the current govt (not a fan btw) - you got a better ideas? you got some cash we don't know about?

They arent caning the gmnt

They should be though "

The ones who were In Eton might enjoy it. It'd remind 'em of the good old days.

How dare the opposition oppose

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"I don't know what the thread point specifically is but the Opposition should oppose and hold the government to account, it's their role and duty. There have been constant officers of collaborative working across the spectrum and inclusive of devolved governments too but they have been rejected. This isn't the politics forum area though.

We've been mislead on testing and the tracing operations. They're unfit for purpose and we did not use the quieter summer period to plan and resource for the predicted autumn crisis levels that we have. The suppliers of testing reagents etc did not get orders, so their production and supply chains are now inadequate. It's our job to manage our suppliers and we failed, thus leaving the country vulnerable again. Surprises can happen but this is sheer incompetence. "

In a crisis they should support the government as Labour did in the war.It helped Labour to win after the war they won respect.

Just opposing is cheap and nasty and disliked by many

"I don't know what the thread point specifically is but the Opposition should oppose and hold the government to account, it's their role and duty. There have been constant officers of collaborative working across the spectrum and inclusive of devolved governments too but they have been rejected. This isn't the politics forum area though.

We've been mislead on testing and the tracing operations. They're unfit for purpose and we did not use the quieter summer period to plan and resource for the predicted autumn crisis levels that we have. The suppliers of testing reagents etc did not get orders, so their production and supply chains are now inadequate. It's our job to manage our suppliers and we failed, thus leaving the country vulnerable again. Surprises can happen but this is sheer incompetence. In a crisis they should support the government as Labour did in the war.It helped Labour to win after the war they won respect.

Just opposing is cheap and nasty and disliked by many"

Supporting doesn’t just mean agreeing with. If someone says they’re going to jump off a cliff, then telling them it’s a great idea isn’t supporting them.

liverpool

We've been mislead on testing and the tracing operations. They're unfit for purpose and we did not use the quieter summer period to plan and resource for the predicted autumn crisis levels that we have. The suppliers of testing reagents etc did not get orders, so their production and supply chains are now inadequate. It's our job to manage our suppliers and we failed, thus leaving the country vulnerable again. Surprises can happen but this is sheer incompetence. In a crisis they should support the government as Labour did in the war.It helped Labour to win after the war they won respect.

Just like the tories did during the banking collapse.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Whiney.

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

It’s called her majesty’s opposition for a reason.

They are formally charged with opposing the government to keep a balanced view.

They did support the government in the introduction of the lockdown and schemes such as the furlough.

They in all consciousness could never support the corrupt friend‘s contracts on PPE and the lies on sending patients into care homes or the failed world beating track and trace. That isn’t nasty that’s the truth and needs challenging.

"Whiney. "

You don't have to whine if you don't want to.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

"Whiney.

You don't have to whine if you don't want to. "

I never whine.

"Whiney.

You don't have to whine if you don't want to.

I never whine. "

That's the spirit!

liverpool

Sunak getting a bit of criticism over the latest bail out plans

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

"Sunak getting a bit of criticism over the latest bail out plans"

It’s more efficient for firms to employ less full timers than a load of part timers so can’t see it working too well. Happy to be proved wrong and really hope it does help

Dear god, so if the government are making blatant mistakes it’s is the oppositions duty to support them. Even for you that is bonkers

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

"Hmmmmm not saying what my political preferences are but I know bad spending when I see it. We might have done better if we hadn't:

Bought worthless useless PPE early days because we were unprepared to believe our country could get Covid!

Spend shit loads on our own test and and trace service only for it not to work!

Pay towards people to eat out!!! WTF when there are children in the country who stil don't always get a hot meal a day.

"

Best not mention HS2 rail link, how much over budget is that.

The F35 II Lightning that have bern bought from the forces, the price pretty much tripled and they still bought thrm

» Add a new message to this topic