Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ionelhutz OP   Man  over a year ago

liverpool

Boris has asked former daily mail editor paul dacre to run ofcom

Standard

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

And Lord Charles Moore to chair the BBC...fucking stinks

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-09-27/ex-mail-editor-paul-dacre-tipped-to-lead-ofcom

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

Neither of them has been appointed yet. Even if they are, they'll be hard to take seriously if they try to curtail free speech, or soft pedal on propaganda.

I think the BBC and other independent news sources have seen off right-wingers who want to limit their powers to scrutinise them before; they'll likely do it again.

If they don't, Fox News and The Daily Mail will be all there is to look forward to.

Nobody who isn't a (choose your expletive) wants that.

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

"Neither of them has been appointed yet. Even if they are, they'll be hard to take seriously if they try to curtail free speech, or soft pedal on propaganda.

I think the BBC and other independent news sources have seen off right-wingers who want to limit their powers to scrutinise them before; they'll likely do it again.

If they don't, Fox News and The Daily Mail will be all there is to look forward to.

Nobody who isn't a (choose your expletive) wants that."

and not forgeting Andrew Neils new alt news channel to put theyre slant on things

liverpool

"Neither of them has been appointed yet. Even if they are, they'll be hard to take seriously if they try to curtail free speech, or soft pedal on propaganda.

Nobody who isn't a (choose your expletive) wants that."

The bbc are under extreme pressure from the gmnt.

It's not just this.. look ar what they are doing with the judiciary, human rights,workers rights.

I'm no tin hat wearer but there is some proper devious shit going on here.

By *exy7Man  over a year ago

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 27/09/20 17:23:06]

Bristol

They’ve already convinced the simple minded to stop paying the high amount of £3 a week for the licence. Their next move will be to kill the bbc properly. Poor tories, life’s tough for them. It’s really hard to only have 80% of the media on their side. It’d be so much better to have the bbc and channel 4 news dead and buried so that they can run this country like proper communist country with all the media at their feet.

By *othin 2 proveCouple  over a year ago

Blackpool

"They’ve already convinced the simple minded to stop paying the high amount of £3 a week for the licence. Their next move will be to kill the bbc properly. Poor tories, life’s tough for them. It’s really hard to only have 80% of the media on their side. It’d be so much better to have the bbc and channel 4 news dead and buried so that they can run this country like proper communist country with all the media at their feet."
.....I think things like giving Zoe ball a £900000 pay rise when she has lost 9000000 listeners in the last year, a pound for every listener lost. Only the BBC has that kind of bonus and reward scheme .

Bristol

"They’ve already convinced the simple minded to stop paying the high amount of £3 a week for the licence. Their next move will be to kill the bbc properly. Poor tories, life’s tough for them. It’s really hard to only have 80% of the media on their side. It’d be so much better to have the bbc and channel 4 news dead and buried so that they can run this country like proper communist country with all the media at their feet......I think things like giving Zoe ball a £900000 pay rise when she has lost 9000000 listeners in the last year, a pound for every listener lost. Only the BBC has that kind of bonus and reward scheme . "

There is a market for TV and radio presenters. It’s all nice to focus on the salaries of the BBC presenters. It would be more honest to look at what people earn on Sky, ITV etc... and see how they compare. The BBC had to follow the trend but the BBC bashers would find anything to kill it off.

liverpool

"They’ve already convinced the simple minded to stop paying the high amount of £3 a week for the licence. Their next move will be to kill the bbc properly. Poor tories, life’s tough for them. It’s really hard to only have 80% of the media on their side. It’d be so much better to have the bbc and channel 4 news dead and buried so that they can run this country like proper communist country with all the media at their feet......I think things like giving Zoe ball a £900000 pay rise when she has lost 9000000 listeners in the last year, a pound for every listener lost. Only the BBC has that kind of bonus and reward scheme . "

I'm sure the bbc is the only organisation in the world which occasionally over pays people

Blackpool

"They’ve already convinced the simple minded to stop paying the high amount of £3 a week for the licence. Their next move will be to kill the bbc properly. Poor tories, life’s tough for them. It’s really hard to only have 80% of the media on their side. It’d be so much better to have the bbc and channel 4 news dead and buried so that they can run this country like proper communist country with all the media at their feet......I think things like giving Zoe ball a £900000 pay rise when she has lost 9000000 listeners in the last year, a pound for every listener lost. Only the BBC has that kind of bonus and reward scheme .

There is a market for TV and radio presenters. It’s all nice to focus on the salaries of the BBC presenters. It would be more honest to look at what people earn on Sky, ITV etc... and see how they compare. The BBC had to follow the trend but the BBC bashers would find anything to kill it off. "

.................But we have freedom of choice if we subscribe to sky or anything else the BBC on the other hand is a tax pure and simple ending in a frightening letter threatening prison so I see a big difference with the comparisons you are trying to make. And if you think anyone else other than the bbc would pay Zoe ball the money she gets you would be well wide of the mark.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"They’ve already convinced the simple minded to stop paying the high amount of £3 a week for the licence. Their next move will be to kill the bbc properly. Poor tories, life’s tough for them. It’s really hard to only have 80% of the media on their side. It’d be so much better to have the bbc and channel 4 news dead and buried so that they can run this country like proper communist country with all the media at their feet......I think things like giving Zoe ball a £900000 pay rise when she has lost 9000000 listeners in the last year, a pound for every listener lost. Only the BBC has that kind of bonus and reward scheme .

There is a market for TV and radio presenters. It’s all nice to focus on the salaries of the BBC presenters. It would be more honest to look at what people earn on Sky, ITV etc... and see how they compare. The BBC had to follow the trend but the BBC bashers would find anything to kill it off. "

The difference is we have a choice to pay for sky or any paid for channel, we have no choice but to pay for the bbc.

Can anyone justify paying a presenter £900000, surely that makes her a very fat cat and to be hated by the left

There is a market for TV and radio presenters. It’s all nice to focus on the salaries of the BBC presenters. It would be more honest to look at what people earn on Sky, ITV etc... and see how they compare. The BBC had to follow the trend but the BBC bashers would find anything to kill it off.

The difference is we have a choice to pay for sky or any paid for channel, we have no choice but to pay for the bbc.

Can anyone justify paying a presenter £900000, surely that makes her a very fat cat and to be hated by the left"

The left isn’t about hating huge wages. The left is about everyone being paid fairly for a fair days pay, helping others and not exploiting the work of others to further your own end.

TV/Radio Presenters ain’t the problem. Jacob Rees-Mogg’s are.

liverpool

Can anyone justify paying a presenter £900000, surely that makes her a very fat cat and to be hated by the left"

How much is sky?

Bristol

There is a market for TV and radio presenters. It’s all nice to focus on the salaries of the BBC presenters. It would be more honest to look at what people earn on Sky, ITV etc... and see how they compare. The BBC had to follow the trend but the BBC bashers would find anything to kill it off. .................But we have freedom of choice if we subscribe to sky or anything else the BBC on the other hand is a tax pure and simple ending in a frightening letter threatening prison so I see a big difference with the comparisons you are trying to make. And if you think anyone else other than the bbc would pay Zoe ball the money she gets you would be well wide of the mark. "

No you can do as you wish. The tories let you not pay for the TV licence anymore. You should contribute to killing it so that the fantastic Murdoch and its mates will have a monopoly.

The BBC was forced to address the gap between male and female presenters.,

Whatever the BBC does it doesn’t, there will be the same people finding something to criticise about it.

£3 a week. What a scandal! Let’s kill it.

I wish people were as fussy with the Daily Heil Sky etc... as they are with the BBC. I pay about £40 a month for Sky Sport and these crooks also have the cheek to bombard me with adverts. But because, it is private channel, it’s fair enough.

Seriously, enjoy the BBC whilst it lasts. And if really rattled you, stop paying your tv licence and join the hords of tories who only seem to have a sense of ethics when it involves public channels.

Blackpool

[quThey’ve already convinced the simple minded to stop paying the high amount of £3 a week for the licence. Their next move will be to kill the bbc properly. Poor tories, life’s tough for them. It’s really hard to only have 80% of the media on their side. It’d be so much better to have the bbc and channel 4 news dead and buried so that they can run this country like proper communist country with all the media at their feet......I think things like giving Zoe ball a £900000 pay rise when she has lost 9000000 listeners in the last year, a pound for every listener lost. Only the BBC has that kind of bonus and reward scheme .

There is a market for TV and radio presenters. It’s all nice to focus on the salaries of the BBC presenters. It would be more honest to look at what people earn on Sky, ITV etc... and see how they compare. The BBC had to follow the trend but the BBC bashers would find anything to kill it off. .................But we have freedom of choice if we subscribe to sky or anything else the BBC on the other hand is a tax pure and simple ending in a frightening letter threatening prison so I see a big difference with the comparisons you are trying to make. And if you think anyone else other than the bbc would pay Zoe ball the money she gets you would be well wide of the mark.

No you can do as you wish. The tories let you not pay for the TV licence anymore. You should contribute to killing it so that the fantastic Murdoch and its mates will have a monopoly.

Whatever the BBC does it doesn’t, there will be the same people finding something to criticise about it.

I wish people were as fussy with the Daily Heil Sky etc... as they are with the BBC. I pay about £40 a month for Sky Sport and these crooks also have the cheek to bombard me with adverts. But because, it is private channel, it’s fair enough.

Seriously, enjoy the BBC whilst it lasts. And if really rattled you, stop paying your tv licence and join the hords of tories who only seem to have a sense of ethics when it involves public channels.

[/quote...You are obviously well catered for with the bbc but I on the other hand am not. I never listen to bbc radio (planet rock,lbc or talk radio) Sport that's a joke unless you love womens football? The comedy! well that's a joke to! Not. Unless you like your comedians singing from the same hymn sheet. I know this is something the bbc are trying to address but won't hold my breath. All these things I get else. I think the last thing I watched was The Germans a much repeated episode of Fawlty towers.

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 27/09/20 19:14:38]

Bristol

"[quThey’ve already convinced the simple minded to stop paying the high amount of £3 a week for the licence. Their next move will be to kill the bbc properly. Poor tories, life’s tough for them. It’s really hard to only have 80% of the media on their side. It’d be so much better to have the bbc and channel 4 news dead and buried so that they can run this country like proper communist country with all the media at their feet......I think things like giving Zoe ball a £900000 pay rise when she has lost 9000000 listeners in the last year, a pound for every listener lost. Only the BBC has that kind of bonus and reward scheme .

There is a market for TV and radio presenters. It’s all nice to focus on the salaries of the BBC presenters. It would be more honest to look at what people earn on Sky, ITV etc... and see how they compare. The BBC had to follow the trend but the BBC bashers would find anything to kill it off. .................But we have freedom of choice if we subscribe to sky or anything else the BBC on the other hand is a tax pure and simple ending in a frightening letter threatening prison so I see a big difference with the comparisons you are trying to make. And if you think anyone else other than the bbc would pay Zoe ball the money she gets you would be well wide of the mark.

[/quote...You are obviously well catered for with the bbc but I on the other hand am not. I never listen to bbc radio (planet rock,lbc or talk radio) Sport that's a joke unless you love womens football? The comedy! well that's a joke to! Not. Unless you like your comedians singing from the same hymn sheet. I know this is something the bbc are trying to address but won't hold my breath. All these things I get else. I think the last thing I watched was The Germans a much repeated episode of Fawlty towers."

How can the bbc show you anything else than women’s football? I assume that if it paid the fortune Sky are paying to get the tv rights, you’d be up in arms.

We can’t compare the bbc that offers so many channels, regional news, regional radio stations etc.. with companies like Sky or Spotify that have a limited offer and who do not offer a ‘public service’.

liverpool

"[quThey’ve already convinced the simple minded to stop paying the high amount of £3 a week for the licence. Their next move will be to kill the bbc properly. Poor tories, life’s tough for them. It’s really hard to only have 80% of the media on their side. It’d be so much better to have the bbc and channel 4 news dead and buried so that they can run this country like proper communist country with all the media at their feet......I think things like giving Zoe ball a £900000 pay rise when she has lost 9000000 listeners in the last year, a pound for every listener lost. Only the BBC has that kind of bonus and reward scheme .

[/quote...You are obviously well catered for with the bbc but I on the other hand am not. I never listen to bbc radio (planet rock,lbc or talk radio) Sport that's a joke unless you love womens football? The comedy! well that's a joke to! Not. Unless you like your comedians singing from the same hymn sheet. I know this is something the bbc are trying to address but won't hold my breath. All these things I get else. I think the last thing I watched was The Germans a much repeated episode of Fawlty towers."

Never watched motd?

Blackpool

[/quote...You are obviously well catered for with the bbc but I on the other hand am not. I never listen to bbc radio (planet rock,lbc or talk radio) Sport that's a joke unless you love womens football? The comedy! well that's a joke to! Not. Unless you like your comedians singing from the same hymn sheet. I know this is something the bbc are trying to address but won't hold my breath. All these things I get else. I think the last thing I watched was The Germans a much repeated episode of Fawlty towers.

How can the bbc show you anything else than women’s football? I assume that if it paid the fortune Sky are paying to get the tv rights, you’d be up in arms.

We can’t compare the bbc that offers so many channels, regional news, regional radio stations etc.. with companies like Sky or Spotify that have a limited offer and who do not offer a ‘public service’.

"

.....My example of womens football is about the standard of sport the bbc provides and they only have that because their competitors didn't want it. Then the bbc give themselves a big pat on the back and try and promote it like they only purchased it because they were trying to put womans football on the map and promote it. When in truth they wouldn't pay the big money for the popular stuff and got what the others didn't and tried to dress it up as something else .

.....My example of womens football is about the standard of sport the bbc provides and they only have that because their competitors didn't want it. Then the bbc give themselves a big pat on the back and try and promote it like they only purchased it because they were trying to put womans football on the map and promote it. When in truth they wouldn't pay the big money for the popular stuff and got what the others didn't and tried to dress it up as something else . "

If the BBC paid Sky-level money for premier league they’d be lambasted, as well as not being able to afford to produce anything else

Bristol

.....My example of womens football is about the standard of sport the bbc provides and they only have that because their competitors didn't want it. Then the bbc give themselves a big pat on the back and try and promote it like they only purchased it because they were trying to put womans football on the map and promote it. When in truth they wouldn't pay the big money for the popular stuff and got what the others didn't and tried to dress it up as something else . "

Well...what you are saying proves my point.

So, do you want them to match Sky or BT Sports’ offers when tv rights are up for sale?

When they match the Sky salaries like they did for Zoe Ball, you don’t like it but if they don’t match Bt Sports’ or Sky’s bids and end up with very little sport to show you don’t like it either. Damned if they, dammed if they don’t.

As for the BBC telling us they’re promoting women’s football. I can’t see what’s wrong with that. Effectively they are. Sky will show its face when there’s money to be made which is pretty pathetic. Sky has been cheesing us for years by telling us 200 times a week that the Premier League or the Rugby Premiership are the best leagues in the world when this is more than debatable.

liverpool

So you complain when They spend money and you complain when they dont?

Blackpool

.....My example of womens football is about the standard of sport the bbc provides and they only have that because their competitors didn't want it. Then the bbc give themselves a big pat on the back and try and promote it like they only purchased it because they were trying to put womans football on the map and promote it. When in truth they wouldn't pay the big money for the popular stuff and got what the others didn't and tried to dress it up as something else .

If the BBC paid Sky-level money for premier league they’d be lambasted, as well as not being able to afford to produce anything else "

..........How ironic! We will skinflint on buying sport but we will out pay everyone else for presenting a highlights show. Totally logical and makes perfect sense.

If the BBC paid Sky-level money for premier league they’d be lambasted, as well as not being able to afford to produce anything else ..........How ironic! We will skinflint on buying sport but we will out pay everyone else for presenting a highlights show. Totally logical and makes perfect sense. "

Compare lineker’s annual wage (1.3mil) to what sky paid for premier league (1,193mil) and see if you can spot the problem.

Bristol

If the BBC paid Sky-level money for premier league they’d be lambasted, as well as not being able to afford to produce anything else ..........How ironic! We will skinflint on buying sport but we will out pay everyone else for presenting a highlights show. Totally logical and makes perfect sense. "

Except that Lineker’s salary is miles away from what Sky and BT sport spend on the premier league.... Millions of miles away.

You clearly have it for the bbc. You’re not the only one. The tories are making it the national sport and a lot of people are falling for it. They’re making people like you do the dirty work whilst they’re laughing their heads off waiting to deliver the final blow.

Blackpool

If the BBC paid Sky-level money for premier league they’d be lambasted, as well as not being able to afford to produce anything else ..........How ironic! We will skinflint on buying sport but we will out pay everyone else for presenting a highlights show. Totally logical and makes perfect sense.

Compare lineker’s annual wage (1.3mil) to what sky paid for premier league (1,193mil) and see if you can spot the problem."

...........Ridiculous comparison! You get a nasty letter and the threat of prison for not contributing to Gary lineker's pay packet,I don't think that happens with Sky no matter what they charge!

If the BBC paid Sky-level money for premier league they’d be lambasted, as well as not being able to afford to produce anything else ..........How ironic! We will skinflint on buying sport but we will out pay everyone else for presenting a highlights show. Totally logical and makes perfect sense.

Compare lineker’s annual wage (1.3mil) to what sky paid for premier league (1,193mil) and see if you can spot the problem............Ridiculous comparison! You get a nasty letter and the threat of prison for not contributing to Gary lineker's pay packet,I don't think that happens with Sky no matter what they charge! "

You’re the one bemoaning the BBC not bidding for premier league football. I’m explain why they don’t.

Blackpool

Compare lineker’s annual wage (1.3mil) to what sky paid for premier league (1,193mil) and see if you can spot the problem............Ridiculous comparison! You get a nasty letter and the threat of prison for not contributing to Gary lineker's pay packet,I don't think that happens with Sky no matter what they charge!

You’re the one bemoaning the BBC not bidding for premier league football. I’m explain why they don’t."

............Just want freedom of choice! It seems strange in times of such diversity and supposedly freedom of choice and everything that some people want us to keep paying the bbc tax. It is usually the left that would be against this sort of taxation but we can see why you're not, with so many great comedians and panel shows to watch and relate to.

liverpool

Compare lineker’s annual wage (1.3mil) to what sky paid for premier league (1,193mil) and see if you can spot the problem............Ridiculous comparison! You get a nasty letter and the threat of prison for not contributing to Gary lineker's pay packet,I don't think that happens with Sky no matter what they charge!

You’re the one bemoaning the BBC not bidding for premier league football. I’m explain why they don’t.............Just want freedom of choice! It seems strange in times of such diversity and supposedly freedom of choice and everything that some people want us to keep paying the bbc tax. It is usually the left that would be against this sort of taxation but we can see why you're not, with so many great comedians and panel shows to watch and relate to. "

It takes some doing to complain about a channel which has made some of the greatest tv ever.

And paying a few quid a week for the privilege.

Blackpool

You’re the one bemoaning the BBC not bidding for premier league football. I’m explain why they don’t.............Just want freedom of choice! It seems strange in times of such diversity and supposedly freedom of choice and everything that some people want us to keep paying the bbc tax. It is usually the left that would be against this sort of taxation but we can see why you're not, with so many great comedians and panel shows to watch and relate to.

It takes some doing to complain about a channel which has made some of the greatest tv ever.

And paying a few quid a week for the privilege. "

......A choice is all we ask! Then you can pay and I won't, but you are against us having that choice? Democracy at work is something you obviously have a problem with ?

liverpool

You’re the one bemoaning the BBC not bidding for premier league football. I’m explain why they don’t.............Just want freedom of choice! It seems strange in times of such diversity and supposedly freedom of choice and everything that some people want us to keep paying the bbc tax. It is usually the left that would be against this sort of taxation but we can see why you're not, with so many great comedians and panel shows to watch and relate to.

And paying a few quid a week for the privilege. ......A choice is all we ask! Then you can pay and I won't, but you are against us having that choice? Democracy at work is something you obviously have a problem with ?"

You do have a choice.

You choose to pay £80 a month or whatever it is for sky thats your choice.

Blackpool

And paying a few quid a week for the privilege. ......A choice is all we ask! Then you can pay and I won't, but you are against us having that choice? Democracy at work is something you obviously have a problem with ?

You do have a choice.

You choose to pay £80 a month or whatever it is for sky thats your choice."

...................Which I do! But that doesn't stop the threatening letters if I don't pay for my license. Not to mention my 82 year old mum having to purchase one to so she doesn't get threatening letters.

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

"I think things like giving Zoe ball a £900000 pay rise ..."

They never paid her dad that kind of money - and he was actually worth it.

» Add a new message to this topic