FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Dido Harding

Dido Harding

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eavenNhell OP   Couple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

so is anybody at all surprised that the person who managed to lose 175,000 peoples data whilst in charge of Talk Talk managed to lose 16,000 covid test results ? can anybody see a pattern here ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

She should have been sacked when she straight faced told the select committee she didn't think schools and universities returning would lead to more resources being needed..

But when the guy who you donated money to for his bid to be PM is also your friend your probably bomb proof..

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"so is anybody at all surprised that the person who managed to lose 175,000 peoples data whilst in charge of Talk Talk managed to lose 16,000 covid test results ? can anybody see a pattern here ? "

Except it wasn't her, rather Michael Brodie at PHE.

I believe that the new agency, NHIP, of which Dido Harding is in charge, doesn't take over until Spring next year.

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

"I believe that the new agency, NHIP, of which Dido Harding is in charge, doesn't take over until Spring next year."

So, there's still time to avert disaster? Thank fuck!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Best nickname I heard for her: "Dido, queen of carnage."

in Lancashire

Well now Hancock and co are calling it the 'NHS track and trace' its not her fault..

It's that bloated public sector and she and her OH are just the people to modernise it..

I suppose NHS track and trace is at least easier for the seemingly confused messengers Boris sends out to say rather than another big hand over of public money badly used by our friends ..

By *uninlondon69Man  over a year ago

Lewisham

It's odd. You'd think if it was such a "world beating" system Serco would be demanding their name to be plastered everywhere for the advertising. It's almost as if they don't want people associating their brand with a monumental fuck-up.

"It's odd. You'd think if it was such a "world beating" system Serco would be demanding their name to be plastered everywhere for the advertising. It's almost as if they don't want people associating their brand with a monumental fuck-up. "

Very strange, eh?

in Lancashire

"It's odd. You'd think if it was such a "world beating" system Serco would be demanding their name to be plastered everywhere for the advertising. It's almost as if they don't want people associating their brand with a monumental fuck-up.

Very strange, eh? "

Yes..

They have previous mind..

"It's odd. You'd think if it was such a "world beating" system Serco would be demanding their name to be plastered everywhere for the advertising. It's almost as if they don't want people associating their brand with a monumental fuck-up.

Very strange, eh?

Yes..

They have previous mind.."

Yup. It's like that old saying about Serco. "If at 1st you don't succeed, fuck up, fuck up and fuck up again".

By *d59michelleTV/TS  over a year ago

walsall

Fast forward 37 weeks she now wants the top NHS job

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Fast forward 37 weeks she now wants the top NHS job "

Fills you with optimism

By *isandhers691127Couple  over a year ago

Bournemouth

"Best nickname I heard for her: "Dido, queen of carnage.""

I liked Typhoid Harding

By *heGateKeeperMan  over a year ago

Stratford

"Fast forward 37 weeks she now wants the top NHS job "

But minus all those pesky foreigners

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"Fast forward 37 weeks she now wants the top NHS job

But minus all those pesky foreigners "

Did she say that ? No. she said less reliant on foreign staff which has to be a good thing, no mention of sending any home, or they weren't appreciated.

Stratford

Did she say that ? No. she said less reliant on foreign staff which has to be a good thing, no mention of sending any home, or they weren't appreciated. "

I never said anything or implied about sending anyone home, or a lack of appreciation. Her comments hint at both of those things IMO but that is merely my interpretation.

bournemouth

Did she say that ? No. she said less reliant on foreign staff which has to be a good thing, no mention of sending any home, or they weren't appreciated.

I never said anything or implied about sending anyone home, or a lack of appreciation. Her comments hint at both of those things IMO but that is merely my interpretation.

"

Just as I didnt say you did say claimed she had, however you implied she did as have others in the previous thread about it.

Do you agree that we should be training more of our own doctors and nurses and be less reliant on other countries staff ? It wont happen over night but has to be a good thing.

Stratford

Just as I didnt say you did say claimed she had, however you implied she did as have others in the previous thread about it.

Do you agree that we should be training more of our own doctors and nurses and be less reliant on other countries staff ? It wont happen over night but has to be a good thing."

What did ‘our own’ even mean? If people work for the NHS, contribute to the economy and the wider society then they are ‘our own’ surely and we should be super proud of their efforts ?

bournemouth

Do you agree that we should be training more of our own doctors and nurses and be less reliant on other countries staff ? It wont happen over night but has to be a good thing.

What did ‘our own’ even mean? If people work for the NHS, contribute to the economy and the wider society then they are ‘our own’ surely and we should be super proud of their efforts ?"

No straight answer then, however I will ignore that and address you're point.

Again no one is saying they dont contribute etc etc, however being reliant on foreign staff has its risks, they might decide to go home if our economy was doing badly compared to their home one or another country, if the exchange rate meant they could do better elsewhere, we also then come to the issue of housing pressure and infrastructure issues, we are an overcrowded island and have the problem of a shortage of housing yet lots dont want new houses near them. Then off course for every person coming into the country for a job means there is one less uk citizen working and paying tax etc.

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

I cross-reference this thread with the "white privilege" one.

This is it with knobs on.

A woman that's failed at most of what she has tried. But is very much installed in the Tory Chumocracy.

No experience, not a great track record, and yet still has the front to think she would be great at taking the NHS forward after one of it's toughest years ever...

liverpool

"

Just because She said she doesn't want foreign workers ,working here,doesn't mean she doesn't want foreign people working here.

Obvs

liverpool

"I cross-reference this thread with the "white privilege" one.

This is it with knobs on.

A woman that's failed at most of what she has tried. But is very much installed in the Tory Chumocracy.

No experience, not a great track record, and yet still has the front to think she would be great at taking the NHS forward after one of it's toughest years ever... "

Proof of what a meritocratic society we live in.

liverpool

What did ‘our own’ even mean? If people work for the NHS, contribute to the economy and the wider society then they are ‘our own’ surely and we should be super proud of their efforts ?"

Imagine someone not born here,who have worked all their lives for the nhs,hearing that.

Makes you proud doesnt it?

bournemouth

Just because She said she doesn't want foreign workers ,working here,doesn't mean she doesn't want foreign people working here.

Obvs "

Go on then put up a link to where she doesnt want foreign workers here, you didnt answer last time we had the same discussion and you wont this time.

How many times in the last week have you been fact checked and found to be wrong,

Ahhh Dido queen of carnage. The lady who launched a thousand fuck ups.

Stratford

What did ‘our own’ even mean? If people work for the NHS, contribute to the economy and the wider society then they are ‘our own’ surely and we should be super proud of their efforts ?

No straight answer then, however I will ignore that and address you're point.

Again no one is saying they dont contribute etc etc, however being reliant on foreign staff has its risks, they might decide to go home if our economy was doing badly compared to their home one or another country, if the exchange rate meant they could do better elsewhere, we also then come to the issue of housing pressure and infrastructure issues, we are an overcrowded island and have the problem of a shortage of housing yet lots dont want new houses near them. Then off course for every person coming into the country for a job means there is one less uk citizen working and paying tax etc.

"

My question was partly an answer. The question of should we train ‘our own’ lead me to ask what our own even meant. I have an interpretation of what I *think* you meant but I was hoping for clarity. The UK with its wealth and resources should be training more doctors, nurses and medical staff than it currently does to serve the world health need. The likelihood is that much of that resource would remain in this country which isn’t a bad thing but it would also benefit other economies.

The challenge and the issue is that the removal of the funding to support education and training, reduction in university places, removal of grants and bursaries, no support for mature students etc make that a pipeline dream.

Then there’s the demonisation of NHS staff not making it an attractive option for many even if they get past the first part (Jr Dr contract dispute, the 1% rise recently etc) but that’s a whole different discussion

liverpool

I remember they did a picture a few months ago where everyone on the ward was from a different country.

Personally I thought that was something to be proud of,instead we should just have 'our own'working there.

What a lovely little country we are.

bournemouth

"I remember they did a picture a few months ago where everyone on the ward was from a different country.

Personally I thought that was something to be proud of,instead we should just have 'our own'working there.

What a lovely little country we are."

I notice you still havent put up the quote where she said she wanted anyone to leave the country or were unappreciated.

Keep on making stuff up, but obviously helps you sleep at night

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

"I remember they did a picture a few months ago where everyone on the ward was from a different country.

What a lovely little country we are.

I notice you still havent put up the quote where she said she wanted anyone to leave the country or were unappreciated.

Keep on making stuff up, but obviously helps you sleep at night"

What did she actually say? I'm guessing it must have been close to saying foreign workers are not welcome or need to go home to trigger the accusations

By *rench letterCouple  over a year ago

Chorley,

Imagine someone not born here,who have worked all their lives for the nhs,hearing that.

Makes you proud doesnt it?"

Very well said.

» Add a new message to this topic