FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > US Election thread... part 2 of...

US Election thread... part 2 of...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *abio OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

okay... starting a new one cause the old one is about to run out...

so i'll ask the same question as i did last week... Anyone watching debate 2 this week.. the VP debate?

I think "this" could be the most interesting of the cycle because VP debates tend to be policy driven, and they also have to defend their bosses whilst attacking the other and tying them to their leaders....

also... bunch of state polls coming out today... not good for trump at all...

Michigan... biden up 11

Wisconsin... Biden up 12

Florida... Biden up 11

Pennsylvania... Biden up 13

Arizona.... Biden up 8

Iowa.... Biden up 5

Georgia.... even

Texas.... Trump up 1

North Carolina... Biden up 5

Nevada... Biden up 6

Ohio..... Biden up 1

basically biden wins any 3 of them....

or florida/ohio and one other....

or texas on its own...

trump would be done!!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *dsindyTV/TS  over a year ago

East Lancashire

Veracity of the polls?

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

The Pence of Darkness used to be an attorney so will be a good debate up against someone who has also been one.

Looking forward to this debate.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Just watched it

Far more controlled this time round.

Both constructed good answers

I may of got distracted by the fly landing on pences head taking a shit

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Maybe we've just seen the first woman President of the USA speaking?

The VP debate was better than the 1st Trump/Biden one. But that's not saying much. Anything would be better than Trump/Biden 1.

My view: the VP debate was a bit shit. Both Harris and Pence flat out avoided addressing certain questions. And they both did their best to sling mud at the other person. Not impressive from either of them.

Pence was worse as he did more mud slinging and was trying to defend more indefensible shit. But I still find Harris deeply unlikeable. Partly because she doesn't even bother trying to defend certain things. And partly because she smiles and smirks her way through her answers. It makes her seem incredibly arrogant, possibly psychotic, too.

These debates need better moderation, too. Both candidates simply ignored the questions they were asked at times. The moderator should have demanded an answer to the actual question at that point. And if the candidates hadn't complied, she should have cut them off.

Newcastle and Gateshead

i know you want my opinions after my reflections on debate 1..... here they go

1) Harris scored where she needed to score.. on Covid, on the economy, on healthcare and on Roe

2) harris also managed to avoid any of the angry "black" women tropes that would have shot around if she had snapped back! (although some of the faces were interesting)

3) Harris showed she could be a competant no.2 or president if needed.. she didn't need KO's tonight, she was a safe pair of hands so mission accomplished, she left punches she could have taken on the table.. but in a sense right decision for the perception she was trying to get over!

4) Pence was as much about a 2024 run as he was about defending trump, did a valiant job of trying to defend the indefensible

5) Pence has a huge Mansplaining problem. and so does trump.... I don't see how the outreach to moderate women voters is going!

6) republicans for the next 3 weeks are going to try and go after dems on "packing SCOTUS" but with barret coming in i don't think the issue helps them, especially since 3/4 of voters say the next president should decided after the scam they pulled in 2016

7) interested to see how many questions they didn't answer.... answer was 5 -2 pence (they both didn't answer the have you had conversations about having to step in for grandpa!)

8) and i didn't mention the fly!!! oh... darn!!!

so.... who do i think won.... harris,it wasn't the knockout but you could see both sides being happy....

will it move the needle..... i don't think so!

Newcastle and Gateshead

oh.. and some other news... debate commission decide debate 2 will be virtual (after all the hoo har with trump)

trump throws rattle out of pram.. says he won't show up and its off!

"oh.. and some other news... debate commission decide debate 2 will be virtual (after all the hoo har with trump)

trump throws rattle out of pram.. says he won't show up and its off!"

Probably because it nobbled Trump's last ditch plan to win. He was gonna run up to Biden and cough all over him.

North Bucks

The Pence-of darkness is never going to live that fly down.

The memes are brutal.

"The Pence-of darkness is never going to live that fly down.

The memes are brutal. "

Pence of darkness.

"i know you want my opinions after my reflections on debate 1..... here they go

1) Harris scored where she needed to score.. on Covid, on the economy, on healthcare and on Roe

2) harris also managed to avoid any of the angry "black" women tropes that would have shot around if she had snapped back! (although some of the faces were interesting)

3) Harris showed she could be a competant no.2 or president if needed.. she didn't need KO's tonight, she was a safe pair of hands so mission accomplished, she left punches she could have taken on the table.. but in a sense right decision for the perception she was trying to get over!

4) Pence was as much about a 2024 run as he was about defending trump, did a valiant job of trying to defend the indefensible

5) Pence has a huge Mansplaining problem. and so does trump.... I don't see how the outreach to moderate women voters is going!

6) republicans for the next 3 weeks are going to try and go after dems on "packing SCOTUS" but with barret coming in i don't think the issue helps them, especially since 3/4 of voters say the next president should decided after the scam they pulled in 2016

7) interested to see how many questions they didn't answer.... answer was 5 -2 pence (they both didn't answer the have you had conversations about having to step in for grandpa!)

so.... who do i think won.... harris,it wasn't the knockout but you could see both sides being happy....

"

Your ear is closer to the ground than mine on this stuff.

Do any of these things make a difference? My perception is that these elections are won on personality over policy.

Will any of this stuff dissuade anyone who voted Trump last time, that they shouldn't this time?

Do any of these things make a difference? My perception is that these elections are won on personality over policy.

Will any of this stuff dissuade anyone who voted Trump last time, that they shouldn't this time?"

The VP stuff, dunno. But after the 1st Trump/Biden debate, Biden's lead seems to have widened.

Will any of this stuff dissuade anyone who voted Trump last time, that they shouldn't this time?

The VP stuff, dunno. But after the 1st Trump/Biden debate, Biden's lead seems to have widened."

As we learned last time. The polls were not accurate.

Plus don't the democrats need millions and millions of extra votes to get Biden in. Something to do with the electoral colleges?

The VP stuff, dunno. But after the 1st Trump/Biden debate, Biden's lead seems to have widened.

As we learned last time. The polls were not accurate.

Plus don't the democrats need millions and millions of extra votes to get Biden in. Something to do with the electoral colleges?"

True enough that the polls weren't accurate last time.

The issue of the electoral college is more that the winner needs votes in specific areas. That's why Clinton lost.

The polls are a joke, in 2016 they gave Killary Clinton 99% chance of winning as she was miles ahead in the polls.

In the last debate, Trump had to debate 3 people....biased moderator Wallace, Biden, and the person on the end of Biden's wire.

And if Biden is so far ahead in the polls, why has crazy Nancy pelosi gone for yet another attempt to remove trump with the 25th ammendment?

Surely there would be no need to remove trump as according to the polls, it will be a landslide for Biden and trump will be gone in November.

Nancy is panicking!!!!

VP debate showed Harris to be an anti vax Karen!!

Republican supporters won't take the rushed vaccine.

Democrat supporters won't take trump's warp speed vaccine.

They are going to struggle to get anyone to take these dodgy covid vaccines.

"And if Biden is so far ahead in the polls, why has crazy Nancy pelosi gone for yet another attempt to remove trump with the 25th ammendment?

Surely there would be no need to remove trump as according to the polls, it will be a landslide for Biden and trump will be gone in November.

Nancy is panicking!!!!

"

Media manipulation in action!

It's interesting to see people repeating the prefixes to the names of politicians from the states.

I didn't think this playground name calling would catch on. But I was wrong. Trump knows how to communicate to his base so well.

Dave, you seem like Fox News in human form.

"Dave, you seem like Fox News in human form."

I have no interest in Fox news, CNN news or any of these corrupt lying mainstream news channels.

I'm left wing and only interested in the truth.

"Dave, you seem like Fox News in human form.

I have no interest in Fox news, CNN news or any of these corrupt lying mainstream news channels.

I'm left wing and only interested in the truth."

Hahahahaha

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Left wing..

My arse mate..

What's adding a derogatory prefix to someone's name got to do with the truth?

Is straight out of the Trump/Fox News book of tactics.

Left wing..

My arse mate.."

I've always been left wing and very anti Tory and corrupt lying Boris Johnson.

I've never voted Tory, can you say the same?

Newcastle and Gateshead

"VP debate showed Harris to be an anti vax Karen!!

They are going to struggle to get anyone to take these dodgy covid vaccines."

no... what Harris ACTUALLY said was "if it was a vaccine promoted by the scientist then she would be first in line to take it, However if it was a Vaccine promoted and rushed thru by trump for political reasons then she would not!

remember trump has been trying to get a vaccine hurried thru as an "october surprise" to help his re-election hopes.. and has been trying to put his thumb on the scales to pressure the CDC and the FDA to get it authorised (he tried to block the FDA strengthening the process of authorisation for covid vaccines)

Will Dave respond sensibly to facts? Let's see...

North Bucks

Meanwhile the Biden campaign has been selling fly swatters.

Who says the left can’t meme

"Meanwhile the Biden campaign has been selling fly swatters.

Who says the left can’t meme "

Hahaha

in Lancashire

Left wing..

My arse mate..

I've never voted Tory, can you say the same?"

Going by your posts on here mate your about as left wing as Nigel Farrage, same nasty undertone ..

Let me think, working class born in Liverpool..

Ex union official when we were trying to hold the lying Johnson to account over cuts to the service..

Only voted for Blair once in 97 then realised he was too Tory lite for my liking..

So no, never have and never will do..

in Lancashire

"Will Dave respond sensibly to facts? Let's see..."

Comrade Dave?

Newcastle and Gateshead

"The polls are a joke, in 2016 they gave Killary Clinton 99% chance of winning as she was miles ahead in the polls.

In the last debate, Trump had to debate 3 people....biased moderator Wallace, Biden, and the person on the end of Biden's wire."

bidens wire... so you either get your info from breibart or the daily caller.. so what alt-right source is it dave??? be honest!!!

oh.. and the polls.... they actually were not that wrong last time.... they said hillary had a lead of roughtly about 4 going into election day nationally... it ended up being 2 nationally

so at the moment the composite of polls at the moment show biden being ahead by 9.. even if the same loss happened that would mean biden by 7

also alot of the state polls have biden close to or up by double digits, and the wiggle room trump has to lose states from last time and still win is slender to say the least....

i think it was you that said he might win nevada, minnesota and new hampshire when i asked which states he would win in 20 that he didn't in 16.... well biden up 10 in minnesota, 8 in nevada and 16 in new hampshire!

trump tried to bully his way thru every biden answer in the debate... he had zero interest in the rules his campaign team agreed to! and his behaviour is what has led to him bleeding voters

North Bucks

Still wondering why If Biden had a wire? Why was it in his wrist area and not his ear?

"VP debate showed Harris to be an anti vax Karen!!

They are going to struggle to get anyone to take these dodgy covid vaccines.

no... what Harris ACTUALLY said was "if it was a vaccine promoted by the scientist then she would be first in line to take it, However if it was a Vaccine promoted and rushed thru by trump for political reasons then she would not!

remember trump has been trying to get a vaccine hurried thru as an "october surprise" to help his re-election hopes.. and has been trying to put his thumb on the scales to pressure the CDC and the FDA to get it authorised (he tried to block the FDA strengthening the process of authorisation for covid vaccines)"

Exactly right, Harris will not take this covid vaccine that's being promoted and rushed through by trump.

Thankfully a lot of people in the USA, democrats and republicans, are going to refuse this warp speed coronavirus vaccine

"Still wondering why If Biden had a wire? Why was it in his wrist area and not his ear?

"

The wire was not in his wrist area, that was the end of a bracelet he wears.

Left wing..

My arse mate..

Going by your posts on here mate your about as left wing as Nigel Farrage, same nasty undertone ..

Ex union official when we were trying to hold the lying Johnson to account over cuts to the service..

Only voted for Blair once in 97 then realised he was too Tory lite for my liking..

So no, never have and never will do.."

In the last election I voted Jeremy Corbyn and Labour.

I never voted for Tory Blair, that time I voted neither for Labour or Tory. I voted Liberal Democrats.

in Lancashire

Left wing..

My arse mate..

I never voted for Tory Blair, that time I voted neither for Labour or Tory. I voted Liberal Democrats."

Going by your posts, who you quote etc and your liking of trump you are deluded if you believe you are of the left..

"Still wondering why If Biden had a wire? Why was it in his wrist area and not his ear?

The wire was not in his wrist area, that was the end of a bracelet he wears."

So where was this mystery wire of Biden's that you mentioned earlier?

Left wing..

My arse mate..

I never voted for Tory Blair, that time I voted neither for Labour or Tory. I voted Liberal Democrats.

Going by your posts, who you quote etc and your liking of trump you are deluded if you believe you are of the left.."

You're deluded if you think you are left voting for Tory Blair.

Anyways.

The US election.

Does any of this matter? Will any of this stuff change the mind of someone who voted for Trump last time?

From afar, it feels like people who like him will vote for him regardless of how bizarre he acts or whatever nonsense he posts on his Twitter.

"Anyways.

The US election.

Does any of this matter? Will any of this stuff change the mind of someone who voted for Trump last time?

From afar, it feels like people who like him will vote for him regardless of how bizarre he acts or whatever nonsense he posts on his Twitter. "

Depends on the type of voter, I think. For a true believer, no facts will change their mind.

But there were many others who voted for him thinking he was the lesser of 2 evils. For those voters, they'll now have seen ample proof he was an awful choice. I'm guessing they'll vote for the other side this time.

in Lancashire

Left wing..

My arse mate..

Going by your posts, who you quote etc and your liking of trump you are deluded if you believe you are of the left..

You're deluded if you think you are left voting for Tory Blair."

Your not good with recalling that the Tories had been in power for a little while in 97 so yes Blair was the obvious choice albeit with reservations..

You wasted a vote by going for the lib Dems..

in Lancashire

"Anyways.

The US election.

From afar, it feels like people who like him will vote for him regardless of how bizarre he acts or whatever nonsense he posts on his Twitter.

Depends on the type of voter, I think. For a true believer, no facts will change their mind.

But there were many others who voted for him thinking he was the lesser of 2 evils. For those voters, they'll now have seen ample proof he was an awful choice. I'm guessing they'll vote for the other side this time."

Similar to this, in 16 he was given the benefit of the doubt by many but after the last four years the mask has slipped even if it was only a pretend mask then..

Left wing..

My arse mate..

Your not good with recalling that the Tories had been in power for a little while in 97 so yes Blair was the obvious choice albeit with reservations..

You wasted a vote by going for the lib Dems.."

I don't care if you think me voting lib dems in 97 was a wasted vote.

I have never and will never ever vote for the tories or Tory Blair.

You can't say the same.

Dave, you never answered about the wire. Do you honestly think Biden was wearing a wire during the debate? Where?

"Will Dave respond sensibly to facts? Let's see...

Comrade Dave? "

I don't care if you call me Comrade Dave, I will always stand by voting for Jeremy Corbyn Labour.

"Dave, you never answered about the wire. Do you honestly think Biden was wearing a wire during the debate? Where?"

Under jacket.

The wire was not in his wrist, that was the end of a bracelet.

"Dave, you never answered about the wire. Do you honestly think Biden was wearing a wire during the debate? Where?

Under jacket.

The wire was not in his wrist, that was the end of a bracelet."

There was no wire under his jacket. It was a shirt crease. you can see that clearly in higher def. You bought into a bonkers conpiracy theory. Here's the proof. Watch the vid. See?

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/09/no-evidence-biden-was-wearing-a-wire-in-debate/

"Anyways.

The US election.

But there were many others who voted for him thinking he was the lesser of 2 evils. For those voters, they'll now have seen ample proof he was an awful choice. I'm guessing they'll vote for the other side this time.

Similar to this, in 16 he was given the benefit of the doubt by many but after the last four years the mask has slipped even if it was only a pretend mask then.."

Interesting. I don't personally see any difference between his rhetoric in 2016, to now.

He basically promised to ruin the environment, give tax breaks to himself and his multimillionaire friends, stir tensions in the middle East, promote misogyny and xenophobia, remove healthcare and support for the most vulnerable people in US society, and waste billions on a border wall with Mexico.

And in fairness to him he's pretty much stuck to his agenda.

in Lancashire

Left wing..

My arse mate..

You can't say the same."

So in 97 you would rather the Tories won?

in Lancashire

"Anyways.

The US election.

Similar to this, in 16 he was given the benefit of the doubt by many but after the last four years the mask has slipped even if it was only a pretend mask then..

Interesting. I don't personally see any difference between his rhetoric in 2016, to now.

He basically promised to ruin the environment, give tax breaks to himself and his multimillionaire friends, stir tensions in the middle East, promote misogyny and xenophobia, remove healthcare and support for the most vulnerable people in US society, and waste billions on a border wall with Mexico.

And in fairness to him he's pretty much stuck to his agenda. "

Agreed but as with the populists he said exactly what the base naively thought he would be the one to look after them..

in Lancashire

Left wing..

My arse mate..

You can't say the same."

And fella how you can claim you voted for Corbyn yet now come across as pure Trump is bizarre..

What is it about him that you think he is closer albeit loosely to Corbyn's thinking than Bidens?

Left wing..

My arse mate..

You can't say the same.

So in 97 you would rather the Tories won?"

No I hate the Tories, they are the last party that I would ever want to win.

I wanted the liberal democrats to win in 97, that's why I voted for them.

Dave, did you look at the link about the wire? Can you see now the story about Biden wearing a wire was a conspiracy theory? I'm curious if you'll acknowledge a fact.

Left wing..

My arse mate..

You can't say the same.

And fella how you can claim you voted for Corbyn yet now come across as pure Trump is bizarre..

What is it about him that you think he is closer albeit loosely to Corbyn's thinking than Bidens?"

One thing about trump and corbyn. Both were relentlessly attacked by the corrupt mainstream media.

The media bias against trump and corbyn when he was campaigning was very evident.

Ignoring the evidence I posted above, Dave? Shame.

But I guess this highlights how the likes of Trump can get away with endless lying.

in Lancashire

Left wing..

My arse mate..

You can't say the same.

What is it about him that you think he is closer albeit loosely to Corbyn's thinking than Bidens?

One thing about trump and corbyn. Both were relentlessly attacked by the corrupt mainstream media.

The media bias against trump and corbyn when he was campaigning was very evident."

Your pro Trump yes?

Left wing..

My arse mate..

You can't say the same.

The media bias against trump and corbyn when he was campaigning was very evident.

Your pro Trump yes?"

Pro trump? There is a big if on this.

If trump can bring justice to all the corruption, arrests, and human trafficking then he would go down as one of the greatest presidents.

However if he fails, he'll go down as one of the worst presidents.

Whereas if Biden became president, he'd just be another puppet in a long line of deep state presidents...Bush Sr, Clinton, Bush jr, Obama.

Dave, I'll try one final time. You bought into a conspiracy theory about Biden wearing a wire in the debate. I showed you proof above that he didn't. Can you admit the conspiracy theory was just that?

Can you see this is why facts are so important?

in Lancashire

Left wing..

My arse mate..

You can't say the same.

Your pro Trump yes?

If trump can bring justice to all the corruption, arrests, and human trafficking then he would go down as one of the greatest presidents.

Whereas if Biden became president, he'd just be another puppet in a long line of deep state presidents...Bush Sr, Clinton, Bush jr, Obama."

You've truly swallowed the pill if for one fraction of a second he has any interests in anything other than his own ego, bank balance and delusional sense of self importance..

There are many wrongs in this world but come on , the bs that has been put out is straight out of the Josef Goerbals playbook..

Look objectively if you still can please at trump's business dealings, how he treated none white workers less equally than their white colleagues, how he constantly fucked over and destroyed suppliers and small businesses..

He's done a proper number on you if you think he is anything other than a pretty vile person..

And ffs mate he is not of the left nor the right he is only of himself..

Left wing..

My arse mate..

You can't say the same.

Your pro Trump yes?

Whereas if Biden became president, he'd just be another puppet in a long line of deep state presidents...Bush Sr, Clinton, Bush jr, Obama."

What's this about Trump tackling corruption, arrests or human trafficking?

Where do you get this from? Trump is 100% corrupt and self serving. Continuously breaks the law while serving his own interests.

Even if he did do this, would this in anyway balance any of the rest of the stuff he's done? Even say, pulling the states out of the Paris Climate agreement.

I've tried to get Dave to acknowledge one clear and simple fact. I even provided proof. He seems to be ignoring all that.

So I doubt he'll listen to anything else that he is convinced of.

This is the problem with Trump/Johnson/Brexit etc. If people ignore facts, nothing can convince them.

"I've tried to get Dave to acknowledge one clear and simple fact. I even provided proof. He seems to be ignoring all that.

This is the problem with Trump/Johnson/Brexit etc. If people ignore facts, nothing can convince them."

I appear to have also been sucked into a debate with a trump supporter.

I'll back out of that because it's ultimately pointless.

I am genuinely interested in what would change a voters mind on Trump between the previous election. And this one.

"I've tried to get Dave to acknowledge one clear and simple fact. I even provided proof. He seems to be ignoring all that.

This is the problem with Trump/Johnson/Brexit etc. If people ignore facts, nothing can convince them.

I am genuinely interested in what would change a voters mind on Trump between the previous election. And this one."

If they're true believers, nothing will change their minds.

Luckily, I think only a core of Trump voters are true believers. There are plenty of others who will vote the other way now. Biden has a way bigger lead over Trump than Clinton ever did.

"Dave, you never answered about the wire. Do you honestly think Biden was wearing a wire during the debate? Where?

Under jacket.

There was no wire under his jacket. It was a shirt crease. you can see that clearly in higher def. You bought into a bonkers conpiracy theory. Here's the proof. Watch the vid. See?

"

Shirt crease? Lol

It's clearly a wire.

Hence why Biden refused a drug test and body search before the debate.

He'd have agreed to it if he had nothing to hide.

Under jacket.

Shirt crease? Lol

It's clearly a wire.

Hence why Biden refused a drug test and body search before the debate.

He'd have agreed to it if he had nothing to hide."

Dave, the video clip in higher def clearly shows it's a shirt crease. You're denying the evidence of your own eyes.

I am genuinely interested in what would change a voters mind on Trump between the previous election. And this one."

The previous election in 2016 I was supporting Hillary Clinton and the democrats party to win. I was very disappointed when she lost to that loud trump.

It wasn't till after the 2016 election that I started to learn about the real Hillary.

Questions like why was previous republican president war criminal Bush jr openly supporting democrat Hillary Clinton and not the candidate from his own Republican Party?

In the same way, why was former Labour prime minister war criminal Tony Blair telling people not to vote for Jeremy Corbyn from his own Labour Party?

And the way the same mainstream media would constantly attack both Corbyn and Trump when they are on opposite sides of the political spectrum.

Why would they want right wing Johnson to win uk election but want left wing Biden to win USA election?

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Anyways.

The US election.

From afar, it feels like people who like him will vote for him regardless of how bizarre he acts or whatever nonsense he posts on his Twitter. "

I think there is something to that.... in that he appeals to his let say... 35-40% base, and then says screw you to everyone else!

the think is that in normal times 40% in a 2 party system doesn't win you an election (such as the mid terms in 2018!)

in 2016 there were enough people outside of his base that a) gave him the benefit of the doubt, and b) enough people who voted for a 3rd party candidiates, and c) enough people that disliked both and stayed home to basically his him the inside straight he needed to win the last election....

i don't think there are enough of those 3 groups this time....... but he still thinks it more likely to be like 16 rather than learning that things have moed on like 18, where there was record turnout for the midterm elections

in Lancashire

Another day, another qanon pile of festering drivel swallowed by the gullible..

"Anyways.

The US election.

I think there is something to that.... in that he appeals to his let say... 35-40% base, and then says screw you to everyone else!

the think is that in normal times 40% in a 2 party system doesn't win you an election (such as the mid terms in 2018!)

in 2016 there were enough people outside of his base that a) gave him the benefit of the doubt, and b) enough people who voted for a 3rd party candidiates, and c) enough people that disliked both and stayed home to basically his him the inside straight he needed to win the last election....

i don't think there are enough of those 3 groups this time....... but he still thinks it more likely to be like 16 rather than learning that things have moed on like 18, where there was record turnout for the midterm elections"

Really interesting. Thank you for the perspective.

I'll be following closely.

"Another day, another qanon pile of festering drivel swallowed by the gullible..

"

It is really odd that even after being confronted with facts, certain people still want to believe the lies they've been fed. You'd think they'd be annoyed at those who lied to them.

"Another day, another qanon pile of festering drivel swallowed by the gullible..

It is really odd that even after being confronted with facts, certain people still want to believe the lies they've been fed. You'd think they'd be annoyed at those who lied to them."

That is very true. You'd think people would be annoyed at those who lied to them, but no, they still keep accepting the lies coming from the mainstream media, the newspapers, the politicians, the Tory government, the BBC news, prime minister Boris Johnson.

Some people still even believe Saddam hussein had weapons of mass destruction because their prime minister Blair told them so.

Look....cut the bullshit.....when is biden going to cure cancer?!.....his earliest promise!

Trump is an arsehole so don't vote for him. But ffs people 'vote for me and we're gonna cure cancer'.... vote biden!!! Never mind covid vax....get the big 'C' sorted and vote biden!

It is really odd that even after being confronted with facts, certain people still want to believe the lies they've been fed. You'd think they'd be annoyed at those who lied to them.

That is very true. You'd think people would be annoyed at those who lied to them, but no, they still keep accepting the lies coming from the mainstream media, the newspapers, the politicians, the Tory government, the BBC news, prime minister Boris Johnson.

Some people still even believe Saddam hussein had weapons of mass destruction because their prime minister Blair told them so.

"

If only you applied the same scepticism to conspiracy theories pushed on social media.

in Lancashire

It is really odd that even after being confronted with facts, certain people still want to believe the lies they've been fed. You'd think they'd be annoyed at those who lied to them."

This..

It's the you lot are sheeples because I believe some state disinformation designed to destabilise..

The type of people who are believers are the same type of people who attacked the Paediatric consultants house when the NOTW ran a campaign..

in Lancashire

"

Your now going to claim you were on the stop the war march..

You old peacenik you..

Newcastle and Gateshead

2 little bit of trump news....

1) his 2000 person trump white house extravaganza.... 400 people showed!

2) trump actually got a 2020 endorsement today!!!.... unfortunately for him, it was from senior Taliban leadership!!!

By *he BronzeMan  over a year ago

Dallas

"2 little bit of trump news....

2) trump actually got a 2020 endorsement today!!!.... unfortunately for him, it was from senior Taliban leadership!!! "

You have it in for Trump don't you or is it just a bit of racism form the UK?

2) trump actually got a 2020 endorsement today!!!.... unfortunately for him, it was from senior Taliban leadership!!!

You have it in for Trump don't you or is it just a bit of racism form the UK? "

And yet it seems he actually got endorsed by the Taliban. Wow.

Newcastle and Gateshead

You have it in for Trump don't you or is it just a bit of racism form the UK? "

erm... i am registered to vote... and i hae done... thank you very much!!!

also... is there any bit in what i had posted there not true.... i'll hang up and listen!

By *ebbie69Couple  over a year ago

milton keynes

It does look like the age of trump is in its final days. I don't really know Biden or what he stands for but guess his biggest appeal is he is not trump. I just hope the victory is overwhelming to hopefully reduce the chance of it being challenged and getting messy at a time when the attention should be on the pandemic

"It does look like the age of trump is in its final days. I don't really know Biden or what he stands for but guess his biggest appeal is he is not trump. I just hope the victory is overwhelming to hopefully reduce the chance of it being challenged and getting messy at a time when the attention should be on the pandemic"

Sadly, Trump isn't dead in the water just yet. The national polls mean nothing as it is the swing states that matter, and the polling is much tighter there. In some areas Biden is polling no better, or even worse, than Hillary was at the same point in 2016, and we all know what happened then.

Newcastle and Gateshead

CNN’s Meanwhile in America newsletter this morning have outlined where the network sees the current state of play with the nine states that will decide November’s election. They have it as:

Michigan. 16 electoral votes. Trump won in 2016, now leans Biden.

Wisconsin. 10 electoral votes. Trump won in 2016, now leans Biden.

Iowa. 6 electoral votes. Trump won in 2016, now a toss-up.

Ohio. 18 electoral votes. Trump won in 2016, now a toss-up.

Pennsylvania. 20 electoral votes. Trump won in 2016, now leans Biden.

North Carolina. 15 electoral votes. Trump won in 2016. Toss-up.

Georgia. 16 electoral votes. Trump won in 2016. Toss-up.

Arizona. 11 electoral votes. Trump won in 2016, now leans Biden.

Florida. 29 electoral votes. Trump won in 2016. Toss-up.

Florida is the big prize on that list. They say “Florida is almost always decided by less than a couple of percentage points. We have no idea who will win the Sunshine State. But we know it will be close.”

Newcastle and Gateshead

oh.. and for the rest of the week biden in going to be doing debate prep.... trump has decided not to do any and decided to do a few of his covid superspreader rallies....

so i am guessing debate 3 on thursday night is going to be as much of a flaming shower of shit as debate 1 (trumps getting his excuses in early again by taking shots at debate 3 the moderator! who happens to be NBC News' Kristen Welker)

oh... and trump got triggered big time by dr.fauci's interview on "60 minutes" last night! and had been going on a rampage.... apparently attacking biden for "listening to scientists!!"

By *ebbie69Couple  over a year ago

milton keynes

"CNN’s Meanwhile in America newsletter this morning have outlined where the network sees the current state of play with the nine states that will decide November’s election. They have it as:

Florida is the big prize on that list. They say “Florida is almost always decided by less than a couple of percentage points. We have no idea who will win the Sunshine State. But we know it will be close.”"

Looking like a done deal ( hopefully). How big does the win need to be to stop or deter trump contesting the result

Newcastle and Gateshead

"CNN’s Meanwhile in America newsletter this morning have outlined where the network sees the current state of play with the nine states that will decide November’s election. They have it as:

Florida is the big prize on that list. They say “Florida is almost always decided by less than a couple of percentage points. We have no idea who will win the Sunshine State. But we know it will be close.”

Looking like a done deal ( hopefully). How big does the win need to be to stop or deter trump contesting the result"

i think the one thing the biden camp are fighting against is people getting complacent! keep then energise by voting early!

the answer is "it depends"..... I am going to put up a "cheat sheet" on election day... just so that people know what to look for

Newcastle and Gateshead

biden is ouraising trump money wise so much... that the biden team can afford to put up ads during game 1 of the world series last night....

cost: way too much.....

ad.... well.... what do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2Xufahbaq4

Newcastle and Gateshead

So.... debate 3 tonight..... predictions?

I think trump will moan a lot and try to bully both Biden and the moderator.......

Because the moderator is a woman tonight, I don’t think it plays very well!

[Removed by poster at 22/10/20 22:30:35]

"So.... debate 3 tonight..... predictions?

I think trump will moan a lot and try to bully both Biden and the moderator.......

Because the moderator is a woman tonight, I don’t think it plays very well! "

They're enforcing a muted mic at the start during the opponent's intro, aren't they? Trump won't like that.

The big guy will win it tonight

Newcastle and Gateshead

They're enforcing a muted mic at the start during the opponent's intro, aren't they? Trump won't like that. "

Only covers the first 4 minutes of each 15 minute section.... I think trump will get really nasty tonight

"The big guy will win it tonight "

He was rubbish in the past debates, so he'll likely be rubbish in this one, too.

In the minds of his supporters, I'm sure he'll win, though.

They're enforcing a muted mic at the start during the opponent's intro, aren't they? Trump won't like that.

Only covers the first 4 minutes of each 15 minute section.... I think trump will get really nasty tonight "

Why change the habit of a lifetime, eh?

I dunno, though. He must have people in his camp who have desperately been telling him he needs to come off as more likeable this time.

"The big guy will win it tonight

He was rubbish in the past debates, so he'll likely be rubbish in this one, too.

In the minds of his supporters, I'm sure he'll win, though."

That's true but he'll get some more wire help.

He'll probably refuse the body inspection again.

in Lancashire

Because the moderator is a woman tonight, I don’t think it plays very well! "

He will go full on attack, ranting like a bully and ignoring any attempts to actually debate the issues..

He's on rocky ground on so much if his record this past four years so will try and portray a hard man to appeal to his base..

Wonder if Rudy will get a mention?

He'll probably refuse the body inspection again."

Still pushing that disproved conspiracy theory Biden wore a wire in the last debate, eh? You're really not bothered by facts, are you?

in Lancashire

He'll probably refuse the body inspection again."

Dave you've been put right on that so many times now, do you need help accepting the truth?

Still pushing that disproved conspiracy theory Biden wore a wire in the last debate, eh? You're really not bothered by facts, are you?"

The big guy's wire was exposed, he got busted.

Still pushing that disproved conspiracy theory Biden wore a wire in the last debate, eh? You're really not bothered by facts, are you?

The big guy's wire was exposed, he got busted."

Dave, there was no wire. I literally showed you a clip in higher resolution that showed it was a shirt crease. And you totally ignored it.

You don't care about facts. This has been made v clear.

That's why the big guy refused a body inspection before the debate.

He was wearing a wire and an earpiece.

"That's why the big guy refused a body inspection before the debate.

He was wearing a wire and an earpiece."

Dave, Biden wasn't wearing a wire. It's been proved to you. But you wouldn't even trust your own eyes.

This is pointless. Believe whatever you want since nothing will change your mind.

Newcastle and Gateshead

Dave, Biden wasn't wearing a wire. It's been proved to you. But you wouldn't even trust your own eyes.

This is pointless. Believe whatever you want since nothing will change your mind. "

I don’t know why you try...... sometimes you just can’t really help “stupid”..........

This is pointless. Believe whatever you want since nothing will change your mind.

I don’t know why you try...... sometimes you just can’t really help “stupid”.........."

Sometimes I get optimistic that a person might acknowledge actual facts.

in Lancashire

The big guy's wire was exposed, he got busted."

You were directed to where it was clearly not as you have fantasised and funny enough you even failed to acknowledge it, you went all quiet..

The big guy could be in big trouble with Tony being at the debate.

It's going to be a fun debate

in Lancashire

"The big guy could be in big trouble with Tony being at the debate."

Desperation from the ginger one..

The straws are getting smaller for him to grasp..

By *ireman28Man  over a year ago

Derbyshire/ Nottinghamshire

Foreign politics- boring!

"Foreign politics- boring!"

Complaining about how you think foreign politics is boring, is boring.

in Lancashire

"Foreign politics- boring!"

Perhaps but when it's something as relevant to us as the forthcoming election is it's still very real..

No surprise that foreign policy has been dropped from the final debate for the first time ever in a biased attempt to save the big guy.

This is pointless. Believe whatever you want since nothing will change your mind. "

Your 'proof' is a shitty picture that looks more like a wire than a crease. But like you say its pointless as nothing will change your mind..

Your 'proof' is a shitty picture that looks more like a wire than a crease. But like you say its pointless as nothing will change your mind.. "

My proof was a decent definition vid where you could clearly see it was a crease, not a wire. But I doubt you care about facts either. Keep believing the conspiracy theories.

Your 'proof' is a shitty picture that looks more like a wire than a crease. But like you say its pointless as nothing will change your mind.. "

And Biden's strange behaviour during the debate. Half the time he wasn't even listening to what trump was saying. You could see him staring into middle distance concentrating on what was being said through his earpiece.

Your 'proof' is a shitty picture that looks more like a wire than a crease. But like you say its pointless as nothing will change your mind..

My proof was a decent definition vid where you could clearly see it was a crease, not a wire. But I doubt you care about facts either. Keep believing the conspiracy theories."

The link of yours I followed was only a picture

My proof was a decent definition vid where you could clearly see it was a crease, not a wire. But I doubt you care about facts either. Keep believing the conspiracy theories.

The link of yours I followed was only a picture"

Watch the vid in this link, with the def as high as it will go. It's clearly a crease.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/09/no-evidence-biden-was-wearing-a-wire-in-debate/

Watch the vid in this link, with the def as high as it will go. It's clearly a crease.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/09/no-evidence-biden-was-wearing-a-wire-in-debate/"

Watching on my phone its not clearly a crease, its not clearly a wire either but that is not my point. My point is that its not just one side that only sees what they want to.

Watching on my phone its not clearly a crease, its not clearly a wire either but that is not my point. My point is that its not just one side that only sees what they want to. "

If you watch it on a decent screen on the highest def possible, it is clearly a crease. You can even see the fabric moving. It's that simple.

Watching on my phone its not clearly a crease, its not clearly a wire either but that is not my point. My point is that its not just one side that only sees what they want to.

If you watch it on a decent screen on the highest def possible, it is clearly a crease. You can even see the fabric moving. It's that simple."

Ok, lets say that it is a crease, is that proof that he wasnt wearing a wire?

If you watch it on a decent screen on the highest def possible, it is clearly a crease. You can even see the fabric moving. It's that simple.

Ok, lets say that it is a crease, is that proof that he wasnt wearing a wire?"

Hahahahaha

It never ends, does it?

Is there any proof he doesn't have a microchip stuck in his brain? Possibly he's being given secret hints on what to say by a cadre of geniuses locked in a room deep below the Pentagon.

Hahahahaha

It never ends, does it?

Is there any proof he doesn't have a microchip stuck in his brain? Possibly he's being given secret hints on what to say by a cadre of geniuses locked in a room deep below the Pentagon."

I will answer for you since you are being deliberately obtuse.

No, it isnt proof he wasnt wearing a wire, just that he had a crease in his shirt.

You criticise Telford dave for avoiding things that challenge his point of view yet you do exactly the same. You don't acknowledge the question about why he refused a search just like you avoided my last question.

You ridicule anything you disagree with yet expect others to just accept what you say about the things they have disagreed with.

Hahahahaha

It never ends, does it?

Is there any proof he doesn't have a microchip stuck in his brain? Possibly he's being given secret hints on what to say by a cadre of geniuses locked in a room deep below the Pentagon.

No, it isnt proof he wasnt wearing a wire, just that he had a crease in his shirt.

You criticise Telford dave for avoiding things that challenge his point of view yet you do exactly the same. You don't acknowledge the question about why he refused a search just like you avoided my last question.

You ridicule anything you disagree with yet expect others to just accept what you say about the things they have disagreed with. "

You're pushing a ridiculous conspiracy theory. That's the problem. You and Dave also ignored clear evidence on the crease. That's another problem. There was literally no evidence Biden was wearing a wire, yet you're still going on and on about it. This is exactly what people like Trump want.

As for your question, consider the logic. "Is that proof that he wasn't wearing a wire?" Well is it proof he wasn't wearing a vibrating butt plug? Is it proof he wasn't wearing a fabulously jewelled thong?

Do you see how ridiculous this all is?

Hahahahaha

It never ends, does it?

You ridicule anything you disagree with yet expect others to just accept what you say about the things they have disagreed with.

You're pushing a ridiculous conspiracy theory. That's the problem. You and Dave also ignored clear evidence on the crease. That's another problem. There was literally no evidence Biden was wearing a wire, yet you're still going on and on about it. This is exactly what people like Trump want.

As for your question, consider the logic. "Is that proof that he wasn't wearing a wire?" Well is it proof he wasn't wearing a vibrating butt plug? Is it proof he wasn't wearing a fabulously jewelled thong?

"

I see you have avoided the question about why he refused a search... again.

Where have i said he was wearing a wire? I just questioned your proof and your blind loyalty and pointed out that you are as blinkered as any of the trump supporters you ridicule and question at every opportunity.

Hahahahaha

It never ends, does it?

Where have i said he was wearing a wire? I just questioned your proof and your blind loyalty and pointed out that you are as blinkered as any of the trump supporters you ridicule and question at every opportunity. "

A quote from you above, which I already have quoted: "is that proof that he wasn't wearing a wire?" That rather sounds like you're concerned with him wearing a wire.

How am I blinkered if I actually rely on facts? And, yes I ask questions. Unlike those who blindly believe conspiracy theories.

Why did he refuse a search? Maybe because the whole this is ridiculous? Maybe becaus he didn't want Trump's goons putting their hands all over him? Maybe because he didn't want them discovering that he was wearing a vibrating butt plug?

I'm expecting a lot of turning offs mics

"Hey big guy, about your son hu......"

(Sorry for the typos. I blame the vibrating butt plug I'm wearing. It's a big one. Ouch.)

"I'm expecting a lot of turning offs mics

"Hey big guy, about your son hu......""

Oh it's on soon, isn't it?

"I'm expecting a lot of turning offs mics

"Hey big guy, about your son hu......"

Oh it's on soon, isn't it?"

Yeah the BBC are just getting in their usual anti trump bias before it starts. BBC have TDS

Hahahahaha

It never ends, does it?

Where have i said he was wearing a wire? I just questioned your proof and your blind loyalty and pointed out that you are as blinkered as any of the trump supporters you ridicule and question at every opportunity.

A quote from you above, which I already have quoted: "is that proof that he wasn't wearing a wire?" That rather sounds like you're concerned with him wearing a wire.

How am I blinkered if I actually rely on facts? And, yes I ask questions. Unlike those who blindly believe conspiracy theories.

Why did he refuse a search? Maybe because the whole this is ridiculous? Maybe becaus he didn't want Trump's goons putting their hands all over him? Maybe because he didn't want them discovering that he was wearing a vibrating butt plug?"

And is it proof he wasnt wearing a wire? No it isnt however you are touting it as definate proof. Why can you question things but others can't question you? (And I'm not just asking this in relation to whether or not biden wore a wire, infact its not just relating to yourself)

Me questioning your proof is not me saying he was wearing a wire, it is just proving a point.

Do you have proof that "trumps goons" would be doing the search? Sounds like ridiculous misdirection to me. Something you take offence to and claim is ridiculous when it's the other way round.

Its.good to see Biden laughing at Trumps answers

Then saying

Old Abe Lincoln over there after Trumpy claimed

to have done more for black people than any other

president with the possible exception of Lincoln.

Trump just said wind kills the birds while

talking about green energy .

Mr Mellow, I think I'll stop responding to your conspiracy theories on this thread. It's clear it will never end. You will simply believe whatever you believe.

It would be nice to get this thread vaguely back on topic. I'll try that now.

"Its.good to see Biden laughing at Trumps answers

Then saying

Old Abe Lincoln over there after Trumpy claimed

to have done more for black people than any other

president with the possible exception of Lincoln.

Trump just said wind kills the birds while

talking about green energy .

"

I did laugh at the Abe Lincoln bit.

For me, there were a few stand out points.

Biden made an effort to address the voters directly a few times. I don't think Trump ever did.

And Trump definitely did more mudslinging, mainly in 2 areas:

1 The Hunter Biden story he's been pushing for a while. 2 He kept basically trotting out the line "you were in power for years, why didn't you fix things then?"

I think the 2nd of those attacking lines might do Biden more damage. Even if the Hunter dodgy financial story is true - and it's a big if - there's ample evidence Trump is far dodgier when it comes to personal finances. Whereas there is at least some truth to the fact Biden could have done more good when in power. (I think that's always the problem with running a candidate who's already been in power.)

On most facts, as far as I could tell, it was v one-sided. Trump was, as ever, full of sh*t. You know what Trump reminded me of more than anything in this debate? A troll on an internet forum.

Oh and Biden kept trying to push the idea he'd be president of all states, not just blue ones. That was obviously a thing his team wanted to hammer home in the debate.

Trump needed to demolish bidens lead

like he did 4 years ago with Hilary.

He didnt manage it .

48 million americans have already voted

I think it will possibly be the highest election

turn out ever , so theoretically its still up for grabs.

Biden should do enough

But it is America !!

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh.

4 more years

North Bucks

“Who built the cages Joe”

"4 more years"

Who ,

Abe Lincoln ?

"“Who built the cages Joe”

"

The pigeons?

Did the debate change many minds? That's the real question. If it didn't, Biden v likely wins. Trump is - by all accounts - way behind at this point.

Mainstream media have it spot on with their polls, it'll be a landslide victory for Biden.

Just like the Clinton landslide victory in 2016 they got right too.

"Did the debate change many minds? That's the real question. If it didn't, Biden v likely wins. Trump is - by all accounts - way behind at this point."

I thought Trump did much better than the last one. He made a couple of almost relevent points before veering off to tell people about how quickly he recovered from Covid, and nearly made a few coherent sentences.

Biden is slick, knows his shit and can talk.

But none of this seems to matter to vast numbers of US voters.

My vote goes to Biden....shit I dont have one

"Mainstream media have it spot on with their polls, it'll be a landslide victory for Biden.

"

Most of the media I watch are urging caution about a Biden win, Dave. Perhaps you should change your sources?

I do agree with you up to a point though. Trump certainly won't win by a landslide, but I do think he may end up winning a second term. God help us all.

"Mainstream media have it spot on with their polls, it'll be a landslide victory for Biden.

Most of the media I watch are urging caution about a Biden win, Dave. Perhaps you should change your sources?

I do agree with you up to a point though. Trump certainly won't win by a landslide, but I do think he may end up winning a second term. God help us all. "

I don't think Trump will win this time. But imagine if he does!

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Why do you think it’s going to be like 16 again..... when it’s basically looking like a rerun of what happened in the midterms in 18 when the democrats ran on healthcare and the republicans just have no answer to leaving 30 million people without insurance and making it more expensive for those with pre existing conditions....

The republicans are going to lose this because the conversation about Covid can then easily become a conversation about healthcare.... and the republicans can’t give decent answers to either

I do agree with you up to a point though. Trump certainly won't win by a landslide, but I do think he may end up winning a second term. God help us all.

I don't think Trump will win this time. But imagine if he does! "

I'd rather not.

There is a strong possibility that the Democrats will win control of the Senate though, which would mean that even if Trumpty does win he will be hamstrung to an extent.

Why do you think it’s going to be like 16 again..... when it’s basically looking like a rerun of what happened in the midterms in 18 when the democrats ran on healthcare and the republicans just have no answer to leaving 30 million people without insurance and making it more expensive for those with pre existing conditions....

The republicans are going to lose this because the conversation about Covid can then easily become a conversation about healthcare.... and the republicans can’t give decent answers to either "

I really hope you're right, _abio.

Newcastle and Gateshead

I don't think Trump will win this time. But imagine if he does!

I'd rather not.

There is a strong possibility that the Democrats will win control of the Senate though, which would mean that even if Trumpty does win he will be hamstrung to an extent."

If trump wins, then the dems would need a net 4 gain to control the senate, if Biden won it would need a net 3 gain...

Dems will lose the Alabama senate race..... so they are look for 4 wins....

Which races to watch? Dems will almost certainly win Colorado, and Maine, and Arizona! They are up big in those 3 races

So....where else the look... the answer is in some odd places if you are a dem!... North Carolina, South Carolina, Montana, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri, 2 Georgia seats, Alaska and Texas

Newcastle and Gateshead

another breakout of a cluster of people catching Covid in the whitehouse.... this time around VP Mike Pence... so far the number is 5, including some of the people who are closest to pence,

now... guidelines say he should quarentine for 14 days....but they are claiming he is an essential worker, but he is basically campaigning at rallies all over the country and is due to go to the senate for the ACB vote tomorrow...

By *ireman28Man  over a year ago

Derbyshire/ Nottinghamshire

Boring bstds!

By *o Trash in My TrailerMan  over a year ago

Daytona Beach

"Boring bstds! "

Its even more boring over here no idea why you Brits are pissing your pants over it.

By *verysmileMan  over a year ago

CANTERBURY

Does anyone remember the Frankie Goes to Hollywood video for Two Tribes?

"Boring bstds! "

Lovely little contribution.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Does anyone remember the Frankie Goes to Hollywood video for Two Tribes?"

Aye

Reagan and..cant remember the Russian guy..having a barney.

By *o Trash in My TrailerMan  over a year ago

Daytona Beach

"Does anyone remember the Frankie Goes to Hollywood video for Two Tribes?

Aye

Reagan and..cant remember the Russian guy..having a barney."

Boris Yeltsin linus

Aye

Boris Yeltsin linus "

Or even Mikhail Sergeyevich Gorbachev

By *verysmileMan  over a year ago

CANTERBURY

Aye

Boris Yeltsin linus

Or even Mikhail Sergeyevich Gorbachev "

It was actually Konstantin Chernenko....

Sounds like Trump is going to declare victory and push it to the Supreme Court (where he has a 6-3 Conservative majority) for a decision on who won.

North Bucks

What’s badakathcare?

landslide biden

"landslide biden"

The world hopes.

But I don't see it. I predict another win for Trump.

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

"Sounds like Trump is going to declare victory and push it to the Supreme Court (where he has a 6-3 Conservative majority) for a decision on who won."

Trump could try and keep office by using the 12th ammendment. This process would come into play if he can stop Biden getting 270 EC votes. A contingent election in Congress would choose the President. Due to rules of such an election the republican congress representatives could reelect Trump.

» Add a new message to this topic