FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Boris to quit

Boris to quit

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *he-Hosiery-Gent OP   Man  over a year ago

Everywhere

... in the Spring after he sorts Brexit.

Just a hunch.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *orenzoVonMatterhornMan  over a year ago

Lincoln

Get a bet on then.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

No. He enjoys being PM too much.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"No. He enjoys being PM too much."

He loved the idea of being PM, but he hates actually being PM. He never guessed he'd actually be expected to do some work for the 1st time in his life. Or that he'd be paid less than he got before on the gravy train. He'll be eager to return to that gravy train as soon as he can.

"sorts brexit"

By *ensuallover1000Man  over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

Matt Hancock for Prime Minister!

Oh Jesus!!!!!

By *ranfondoMan  over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

He won't last until Spring...

By *iger-NWMan  over a year ago

Preston

He couldn't sort a piss up in a brewery

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

Just a hunch. "

Was your hunch influenced by yesterday's front page story in Metro and the New European ?

"He couldn't sort a piss up in a brewery"

He couldn't sort a pregnancy in a maternity ward either.

Wait... that one he could do.

By *imon_hydeMan  over a year ago

Bredbury, Stockport

This rumour has been going around for a few days, it's to do with the salary, he's only on 150k, with a free house, country estate and full board. The poor mite, he has an unknown number of children to provide for!

By *ush12345Woman  over a year ago

Northwich

With or without him, the virus isn't going anywhere. Its staying!.. We still have the flu, don't we!. There is more than one mutations of this virus, already. I have had the virus before lockdown, now people are getting it for the 2nd time... People just need to stop stressing over things they can't control and chill

Everywhere

"

Just a hunch.

Was your hunch influenced by yesterday's front page story in Metro and the New European ?"

Genuinely not. Not familiar with the Metro. At all.

I’m a northerner

By *uvhandle20Man  over a year ago

SE London

"... in the Spring after he sorts Brexit.

Just a hunch. "

He will quit in spring or earlier for "health reasons", just before the lack of planning and preparation becomes too obvious. Boris is not known for liking detailed work ( or liking work at all), he prefers to be in the centre of a party cracking jokes and being jolly. Unfortunately this isn't the job description for a prime minister

By *orenzoVonMatterhornMan  over a year ago

Lincoln

*Googles how to remove oneself from a thread*

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Sorts brexit?

"Sorts brexit?"

He couldn't sort breakfast.

Everywhere

"Sorts brexit?"

Figure of speech.

Over & done with Brexit.

By *ountry Boy FreshMan  over a year ago

Huddersfield

Just a hunch. "

I wouldn't blame him it can't be easy with all that is going on and being ill with covid too.

"Sorts brexit?

He couldn't sort breakfast."

I just hope the useless cretin takes Cummings and Gove with him.

"I just hope the useless cretin takes Cummings and Gove with him. "

Doubt it. If Johnson goes, I bet Gove will weasel his way into the top job. He's wanted it for years. And Cummings worked with Gove before he worked with Johnson. So I'd bet Cummings would stick around no. 10.

"I just hope the useless cretin takes Cummings and Gove with him.

Doubt it. If Johnson goes, I bet Gove will weasel his way into the top job. He's wanted it for years. And Cummings worked with Gove before he worked with Johnson. So I'd bet Cummings would stick around no. 10."

Gove won't get the job. He didn't finish in the top two last time and he hadn't got Sunak to contend with then. He's also inextricably linked with the present Brexit farce.

The next PM will either be Sunak or Jeremy Hunt, because they are the only two capable candidates the Tories have left.

Doubt it. If Johnson goes, I bet Gove will weasel his way into the top job. He's wanted it for years. And Cummings worked with Gove before he worked with Johnson. So I'd bet Cummings would stick around no. 10.

Gove won't get the job. He didn't finish in the top two last time and he hadn't got Sunak to contend with then. He's also inextricably linked with the present Brexit farce.

The next PM will either be Sunak or Jeremy Hunt, because they are the only two capable candidates the Tories have left. "

It's nothing to do with capable. It never was. We wouldn't have got Johnson if capability was an issue.

Sunak's too new. Some people have been singing his praises simply because he ended up being the man who had to give out loads of money. It's easy to be popular when handing out money. People forget he entered his job as a yes man for Cummings and Johnson after Javid quit when they tried to muscle him into doing exactly what they wanted.

Hunt will likely try again, though. He's the sort who always hangs around, smiling creepily.

I still bet it'll be Gove. And I hope I'm wrong.

By *ountry Boy FreshMan  over a year ago

Huddersfield

Gove would be fantastic he really would he would piss so many people off it would be well worth putting up with him.

The next PM will either be Sunak or Jeremy Hunt, because they are the only two capable candidates the Tories have left.

It's nothing to do with capable. It never was. We wouldn't have got Johnson if capability was an issue.

Sunak's too new. Some people have been singing his praises simply because he ended up being the man who had to give out loads of money. It's easy to be popular when handing out money. People forget he entered his job as a yes man for Cummings and Johnson after Javid quit when they tried to muscle him into doing exactly what they wanted.

Hunt will likely try again, though. He's the sort who always hangs around, smiling creepily.

I still bet it'll be Gove. And I hope I'm wrong."

That's because Johnson was chosen to do a specific job. The Tories knew he was a feckless idiot, but that didn't really matter because he appealed to the gullible Brexit supporters.

If Johnson goes, the Tories will want a steady hand at the tiller to prevent them slipping any further in the polls and Gove is not a steady hand. He's far too divisive a character and he's also linked to the upcoming Brexit fiasco.

Sunak may be new to the job, but he's impressed people so far and is currently riding at the top of the cabinet ratings. If he doesn't blot his copy book in the next couple of months he stands a good chance of becoming PM should Johnson decide he's had enough.

Hunt is also in with a shout, because he's not tainted by either Covid or Brexit and he polled second to Johnson in last years leadership contest. These are the only two candidates with the credibility or ability to do the job.

I've no doubt that Gove will make an attempt to replace Johnson, but in my opinion he won't get the backing to succeed.

"Gove would be fantastic he really would he would piss so many people off it would be well worth putting up with him. "

He wouldn't need his human suit then. He could revert to his lizard form as soon as he is promoted to supreme leader!

I jest of course. But if there ever was an argument for being ruled over by a race of lizard overlords. Gove is that argument.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

That's because Johnson was chosen to do a specific job. The Tories knew he was a feckless idiot, but that didn't really matter because he appealed to the gullible Brexit supporters.

If Johnson goes, the Tories will want a steady hand at the tiller to prevent them slipping any further in the polls and Gove is not a steady hand. He's far too divisive a character and he's also linked to the upcoming Brexit fiasco.

Sunak may be new to the job, but he's impressed people so far and is currently riding at the top of the cabinet ratings. If he doesn't blot his copy book in the next couple of months he stands a good chance of becoming PM should Johnson decide he's had enough.

Hunt is also in with a shout, because he's not tainted by either Covid or Brexit and he polled second to Johnson in last years leadership contest. These are the only two candidates with the credibility or ability to do the job.

I've no doubt that Gove will make an attempt to replace Johnson, but in my opinion he won't get the backing to succeed."

Funny how if boris is so useless and unpopular the Tories are still in the lead in the polls

I've no doubt that Gove will make an attempt to replace Johnson, but in my opinion he won't get the backing to succeed.

Funny how if boris is so useless and unpopular the Tories are still in the lead in the polls "

Yes they are, just, and it's the just that they'll be worried about because in December last year they had a huge lead, if you recall.

Johnson is unpopular. That cannot be denied. His approval rating has fallen both within the Conservative party and with the electorate, and this discussion is about who may replace him if he decides to go voluntarily, not how popular the Tories are.

Funny how if boris is so useless and unpopular the Tories are still in the lead in the polls "

The power of right wing media, and the Tory propaganda machine combined with a malleable electorate.

It's a sight to behold.

By *exy7Man  over a year ago

Bristol

I’m not sure that funny is the word I would use.

It’s incredible that after 10 years of austerity that have decimated our schools, hospitals, police forces etc... that this lot are still in charge. I wouldn’t say it’s funny though.

But hey, if people think that toffs like Johnson, Rees-Mogg etc... are the best choice to defend their interests, there’s not much to be done. There have always been some turkeys voting for Christmas. It will never change.

liverpool

Quite amusing when you think about it, considering the question , list boris's strengths/attributes has been asked about a million times on here ,and we are still waiting for an answer.

Funny how if boris is so useless and unpopular the Tories are still in the lead in the polls

Quite amusing when you think about it, considering the question , list boris's strengths/attributes has been asked about a million times on here ,and we are still waiting for an answer."

His only strengths are his access to the Tory party propaganda machine and his support from Rupert Murdoch.

liverpool

Quite amusing when you think about it, considering the question , list boris's strengths/attributes has been asked about a million times on here ,and we are still waiting for an answer.

His only strengths are his access to the Tory party propaganda machine and his support from Rupert Murdoch."

I'm sure his fan club will prove me wrong with a big fuck off list of his strengths and achievements

. It is good to see that he is still in the lead , though that is only to be expected as the voices that matter are those of the silent majority , not those who shout loudest but fail to realise that their views are those of a vocal minority .

The only result that matters is the one returned on the day of the election. The public made their opinions of Boris Johnson very clear last December. You would have thought that that might be a wake up call for those whose choose to constantly criticise him.

Bristol

Funny how if boris is so useless and unpopular the Tories are still in the lead in the polls . It is good to see that he is still in the lead , though that is only to be expected as the voices that matter are those of the silent majority , not those who shout loudest but fail to realise that their views are those of a vocal minority .

The only result that matters is the one returned on the day of the election. The public made their opinions of Boris Johnson very clear last December. You would have thought that that might be a wake up call for those whose choose to constantly criticise him."

liverpool

Funny how if boris is so useless and unpopular the Tories are still in the lead in the polls . It is good to see that he is still in the lead , though that is only to be expected as the voices that matter are those of the silent majority , not those who shout loudest but fail to realise that their views are those of a vocal minority .

The only result that matters is the one returned on the day of the election. The public made their opinions of Boris Johnson very clear last December. You would have thought that that might be a wake up call for those whose choose to constantly criticise him."

I may have got him all wrong.

Tell me all his strengths and achievements and I'll happily change my mind.

Yesterday's papers, yesterday's news.

By *L RogueMan  over a year ago

London

Winning an election doesn't make you a good PM, it just means you're good at winning elections.

BIG difference!

liverpool

Taps fingers..

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

The only result that matters is the one returned on the day of the election. The public made their opinions of Boris Johnson very clear last December. You would have thought that that might be a wake up call for those whose choose to constantly criticise him.

Winning an election doesn't make you a good PM, it just means you're good at winning elections.

BIG difference!"

you can’t really become a good PM if you never win an election tho

BIG difference!you can’t really become a good PM if you never win an election tho "

Winning an election clearly doesn't bear any relation to being a good PM.

Exhibit A: Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson.

Case closed your honour.

liverpool

BIG difference!you can’t really become a good PM if you never win an election tho "

Winston Churchill?

By *L RogueMan  over a year ago

London

Wow...

So you're saying we have to wait for him to get his shit together while kids starve, deal negotiations stall and the R rises?

Ummm...ok...

By *ssexbloke72Man  over a year ago

Poplar

All these posts on the forum always end up the same way.

It's like having a bunch of 5 year olds screaming because the adults didn't let them get their own way.!

liverpool

"All these posts on the forum always end up the same way.

It's like having a bunch of 5 year olds screaming because the adults didn't let them get their own way.!"

So just like politics then?

By *exy couple128Couple  over a year ago

Scarborough

Boris kicked Andy Burhams arse tonight. He was offered 60 million, wanted 65 million, ended up with 22 million. What a wanker. All the people in Manchester who have got covid in the last 10 days can blame this dickhead. Plays politics when we should be working together, typical labour knob.

liverpool

"Boris kicked Andy Burhams arse tonight. He was offered 60 million, wanted 65 million, ended up with 22 million. What a wanker. All the people in Manchester who have got covid in the last 10 days can blame this dickhead. Plays politics when we should be working together, typical labour knob."

Are you aware of the concept of irony?

By *exy couple128Couple  over a year ago

Scarborough

More chance of you getting a meet than Andy Burnham getting 65 million

"More chance of you getting a meet than Andy Burnham getting 65 million "

Are you using Boris fucking over the people of Manchester as an example of him being a good PM?

"More chance of you getting a meet than Andy Burnham getting 65 million

Are you using Boris fucking over the people of Manchester as an example of him being a good PM?"

Looks like they are, doesn't it? Wow.

liverpool

I'll take that as a no.

By *otSoNewAnymoreMan  over a year ago

North East

brilliant!!

liverpool

"More chance of you getting a meet than Andy Burnham getting 65 million

brilliant!! "

Double lols

Bristol

"Boris kicked Andy Burhams arse tonight. He was offered 60 million, wanted 65 million, ended up with 22 million. What a wanker. All the people in Manchester who have got covid in the last 10 days can blame this dickhead. Plays politics when we should be working together, typical labour knob."

Except that the 60 million have now been awarded so he’s done a pretty good job for Manchester.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"Boris kicked Andy Burhams arse tonight. He was offered 60 million, wanted 65 million, ended up with 22 million. What a wanker. All the people in Manchester who have got covid in the last 10 days can blame this dickhead. Plays politics when we should be working together, typical labour knob.

Except that the 60 million have now been awarded so he’s done a pretty good job for Manchester. "

if only he was labour leader I’d see a huge chance of them kicking torries out next GE

By *or Fox SakeCouple  over a year ago

Thornaby

Just a hunch. "

When you say "sorts" do you mean completely failing to deliver the oven ready deal or trashing the economy?

Just a hunch.

When you say "sorts" do you mean completely failing to deliver the oven ready deal or trashing the economy?"

Info.. today's Betting odds,next Conservative leader.

Sunak 2/1

Gove 6/1

Hunt 10/1

Raab. 10/1

Bookies do get it wrong...but not often

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"Boris kicked Andy Burhams arse tonight. He was offered 60 million, wanted 65 million, ended up with 22 million. What a wanker. All the people in Manchester who have got covid in the last 10 days can blame this dickhead. Plays politics when we should be working together, typical labour knob.

Except that the 60 million have now been awarded so he’s done a pretty good job for Manchester. "

What you mean he got the exact amount he was offered in the first place,

"Info.. today's Betting odds,next Conservative leader.

Sunak 2/1

Gove 6/1

Hunt 10/1

Raab. 10/1

Bookies do get it wrong...but not often"

A choice between the four horsemen. Grim as fuck.

Except that the 60 million have now been awarded so he’s done a pretty good job for Manchester.

What you mean he got the exact amount he was offered in the first place, "

But he forced Boris into making the decision to put Manchester in tier 3 and made public the fact he wouldn’t pay the extra 5 million. Boris has no one to shift the bland onto now

What you mean he got the exact amount he was offered in the first place,

But he forced Boris into making the decision to put Manchester in tier 3 and made public the fact he wouldn’t pay the extra 5 million. Boris has no

one to shift the bland onto now "

Blame

Except that manchester would have got the 60m even if frank sidebottom was the mayor. Burnham is a gobshite that is using the situation to make a name for himself and further his political career.

Its all a big charade just like pretending to find out about the lockdown from twitter. He was told hours earlier by the government. He also knew that the 22m was for track and trace on top of the 60m but was happy to make out Manchester was only getting 22m.

As usual though, the left will believe anything they could use against the gov. Doesn't matter if its bullshit.

Just a hunch. "

He will resign as soon as brexit is done . He will blame his health for his decision "long covid " not because he is a incompetent buffoon

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Except that manchester would have got the 60m even if frank sidebottom was the mayor. Burnham is a gobshite that is using the situation to make a name for himself and further his political career.

Its all a big charade just like pretending to find out about the lockdown from twitter. He was told hours earlier by the government. He also knew that the 22m was for track and trace on top of the 60m but was happy to make out Manchester was only getting 22m.

As usual though, the left will believe anything they could use against the gov. Doesn't matter if its bullshit."

Have to agree with you there mate and all the time he was dicking around the virus was spreading.

Moggy for PM

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"Moggy for PM "

No room for sarcasm mate

By *uietbloke67Man  over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

Just a hunch. "

Sorts brexit....that is funny

By *ardiffCoupleNJCouple  over a year ago

Pontypridd/Rhyfelin

Just a hunch.

Sorts brexit....that is funny "

Beat us to it!

Gonna say define "sorts"!!

liverpool

"Moggy for PM

No room for sarcasm mate"

Kids sent down chimneys again

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai / Nottingham

The next PM will either be Sunak or Jeremy Hunt, because they are the only two capable candidates the Tories have left. "

Hunt could do it , but his fight with the NHS might affect his chances. Sunak is potential , the electorate seem to like him depends if the party will let him, they may prefer Gove. Hancock isn’t mature enough

Hunt could do it , but his fight with the NHS might affect his chances. Sunak is potential , the electorate seem to like him depends if the party will let him, they may prefer Gove. Hancock isn’t mature enough"

What has "capable" got to do with it?

liverpool

Hunt could do it , but his fight with the NHS might affect his chances. Sunak is potential , the electorate seem to like him depends if the party will let him, they may prefer Gove. Hancock isn’t mature enough"

Mature?

Hunt could do it , but his fight with the NHS might affect his chances. Sunak is potential , the electorate seem to like him depends if the party will let him, they may prefer Gove. Hancock isn’t mature enough

What has "capable" got to do with it?"

After the utter fiasco Johnson and his chums have made of running the country, you'd expect the Tories to want someone with at least a veneer of capability to take over when Boris goes.

Both Sunak and Hunt at least appear to have some gravitas, so in my opinion they are the front runners to replace Johnson when the time comes for him to go.

It's speculation on my part though, and I could very well be wrong.

After the utter fiasco Johnson and his chums have made of running the country, you'd expect the Tories to want someone with at least a veneer of capability to take over when Boris goes.

Both Sunak and Hunt at least appear to have some gravitas, so in my opinion they are the front runners to replace Johnson when the time comes for him to go.

It's speculation on my part though, and I could very well be wrong."

Why would they bother with someone who has "at least a veneer of respectability"?

Johnson got elected, and is giving hundreds of millions of pounds to people to donate to the Conservative party.

They're not even arsed anymore about pretending to care.

Why would they bother with someone who has "at least a veneer of respectability"?

Johnson got elected, and is giving hundreds of millions of pounds to people to donate to the Conservative party.

They're not even arsed anymore about pretending to care."

I'm simply stating my opinion as to who might eventually take over from Johnson, and my reasons are in my my previous posts. I'm not interested in debating the point any further tbh.

I'm simply stating my opinion as to who might eventually take over from Johnson, and my reasons are in my my previous posts. I'm not interested in debating the point any further tbh.

"

Fair enough.

I'm not saying you're wrong.

Just that things like "respectability" comes into it when they choose a new leader.

By *othin 2 proveCouple  over a year ago

Blackpool

Fair enough.

I'm not saying you're wrong.

Just that things like "respectability" comes into it when they choose a new leader."

................................................. Respectability! That's never stopped labour or the Lib dems.

By *ervent_fervourMan  over a year ago

Halifax

He's going to give us Christmas off from restrictions first apparently.

And who says the tories never give anything away for free.

By *orthern PowerhouseMan  over a year ago

Chesterfield

"He's going to give us Christmas off from restrictions first apparently.

And who says the tories never give anything away for free. "

I wouldn't be so sure he will its in the peoples hands as I see it if we are sensible keep our distance the infection numbers will drop but if we don't then the rules will stay.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

That’s a great idea a super spreading event that will give us a third wave that will hit in the New Year.

What a timeline.

By *orthern PowerhouseMan  over a year ago

Chesterfield

That’s a great idea a super spreading event that will give us a third wave that will hit in the New Year.

What a timeline. "

I fear you may well be right hugs from the family then to the in-laws for boxing day then the new years party at the big house down the street or even worse if the pubs are open for new years eve.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

I assume that you heard that from Karen on facebook?

They're not even arsed anymore about pretending to care."

. What a bizarre statement. You may need to look at the accounts of the Conservative party. They are not exactly awash with cash. Unlike the Labout party they so have have guaranteed income from trade unions .

How could any pm give money to people to donate to the Consercstive party. ?

They're not even arsed anymore about pretending to care. . What a bizarre statement. You may need to look at the accounts of the Conservative party. They are not exactly awash with cash. Unlike the Labout party they so have have guaranteed income from trade unions .

How could any pm give money to people to donate to the Consercstive party. ? "

Oh sorry for the confusion. It's not their own money. It's public money they're giving to their friends.

Over £1 billion in total.

As a single example.

https://bylinetimes.com/2020/09/16/company-conservative-donations-government-ppe-procurement-deal/

Halifax

I assume that you heard that from Karen on facebook? "

Source is someone who is a personal advisor who specialises in science.

Halifax

Don't think he's called Karen.

It's a moot point anyway. Can't see how it can happen anyway.

Plus the info is more than a week old, and things are changing with the virus pretty rapidly since the n.

Plus we all know he just continues to make knee jerk decisions not grounded in any particular kind of forethought or logic.

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

They're not even arsed anymore about pretending to care. . What a bizarre statement. You may need to look at the accounts of the Conservative party. They are not exactly awash with cash. Unlike the Labout party they so have have guaranteed income from trade unions .

Oh sorry for the confusion. It's not their own money. It's public money they're giving to their friends.

As a single example.

https://bylinetimes.com/2020/09/16/company-conservative-donations-government-ppe-procurement-deal/

"

Horrific reading and why are we accepting such blatantly corrupt deals.

Halifax

Yep.

Public cash.

And they're not revealing how they chose them.

Transparent as a black fucking hole.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"Leading UK PPE firm, Globus Group, is creating hundreds of new jobs thanks to a multi-million-pound contract to make high-performance FFP3 face masks for frontline NHS staff. The company has already begun recruiting for posts at a new 72,000 sq. ft. manufacturing facility at Stone Cross Park, Warrington, which will be operational by the end of the month."

British manufactured and creating new British jobs.... "Globus's 25-year heritage in PPE, its commitment to UK manufacturing and the high quality, performance and wearer acceptance levels of its products." ...what's not to like about this.

""Leading UK PPE firm, Globus Group, is creating hundreds of new jobs thanks to a multi-million-pound contract to make high-performance FFP3 face masks for frontline NHS staff. The company has already begun recruiting for posts at a new 72,000 sq. ft. manufacturing facility at Stone Cross Park, Warrington, which will be operational by the end of the month."

British manufactured and creating new British jobs.... "Globus's 25-year heritage in PPE, its commitment to UK manufacturing and the high quality, performance and wearer acceptance levels of its products." ...what's not to like about this.

"

Good news, they have a factory in Manchester as well, glad to see that ‘NHS Scotland ‘ helping to create jobs throughout the UK

As a single example.

Horrific reading and why are we accepting such blatantly corrupt deals.

"

Don't worry about it. Look over there at a couple of people in a small boat. Those people are the ones really causing the problems.

Halifax

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jul/15/coronavirus-contracts-government-transparency-pandemic

"https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jul/15/coronavirus-contracts-government-transparency-pandemic"

It's probably a coincidence that the government and right wing media are ramping up the anti immigrant propaganda at the moment.

here

""Leading UK PPE firm, Globus Group, is creating hundreds of new jobs thanks to a multi-million-pound contract to make high-performance FFP3 face masks for frontline NHS staff. The company has already begun recruiting for posts at a new 72,000 sq. ft. manufacturing facility at Stone Cross Park, Warrington, which will be operational by the end of the month."

Good news, they have a factory in Manchester as well, glad to see that ‘NHS Scotland ‘ helping to create jobs throughout the UK "

Are you suggesting Globus may have also donated to the SNP?

Good news, they have a factory in Manchester as well, glad to see that ‘NHS Scotland ‘ helping to create jobs throughout the UK

Are you suggesting Globus may have also donated to the SNP? "

No, I am suggesting that NHS Scotland don’t give out contracts to friends and relatives of political parties, unless you can prove otherwise

here

No, I am suggesting that NHS Scotland don’t give out contracts to friends and relatives of political parties, unless you can prove otherwise "

Then we agree that Globus is an excellent choice to award PPE contracts to, irrespective of any party donations they have previously made.

No, I am suggesting that NHS Scotland don’t give out contracts to friends and relatives of political parties, unless you can prove otherwise

Then we agree that Globus is an excellent choice to award PPE contracts to, irrespective of any party donations they have previously made. "

Yes, like I said earlier, NHS Scotland have chosen well,

here

Then we agree that Globus is an excellent choice to award PPE contracts to, irrespective of any party donations they have previously made.

Yes, like I said earlier, NHS Scotland have chosen well, "

... and as hundreds of new jobs created as a result of the DHSC contract, the DHSC have also chosen well

Yes, like I said earlier, NHS Scotland have chosen well,

... and as hundreds of new jobs created as a result of the DHSC contract, the DHSC have also chosen well"

Yes indeed, but ‘even a broken clock is right twice a day’

Manchester

"

Indeed and the £400k donation is of no relevance of course. Good that they are creating jobs here I agree.

However in no sane person‘s mind can any due diligence be claimed whatsoever giving a £122m contract to a company 44 days old or a £42m contract to a dormant company,

Those are blatantly not proven or able suppliers. They have been given fee range to exploit some other manufacturers on the back of being friendly with the Government ministers.

That is wrong in anyone’s book.

It’s just theft from the taxpayer!

here

Indeed and the £400k donation is of no relevance of course. Good that they are creating jobs here I agree.

However in no sane person‘s mind can any due diligence be claimed whatsoever giving a £122m contract to a company 44 days old or a £42m contract to a dormant company,

Those are blatantly not proven or able suppliers. They have been given fee range to exploit some other manufacturers on the back of being friendly with the Government ministers.

It’s just theft from the taxpayer! "

Agreed the Globus contract is not the best example to make your point.

Manchester

"

Globus has donated £400k and been awarded a contract by the government. If a civil servant accepts a box of chocolates they have to declare it. If that same civil servant was given the £400k for his political views then awarded the contract to Globus would you agree that’s good practice?

I was agreeing with you that it’s better to have jobs here and you make a shallow comment! Feel free to answer on the other two contracts as I’m interested in your point to justify them?

here

Globus has donated £400k and been awarded a contract by the government. If a civil servant accepts a box of chocolates they have to declare it. If that same civil servant was given the £400k for his political views then awarded the contract to Globus would you agree that’s good practice?

I was agreeing with you that it’s better to have jobs here and you make a shallow comment! Feel free to answer on the other two contracts as I’m interested in your point to justify them? "

I was disagreeing with you that some of the contract decisions are puzzling - I merely pointed out that there are better examples to make the point - nothing shallow about that.

The fact the Scottish government awarded a contract to Globus suggests it is not solely the fact the company has donated over a number of years (I don't believe the donation of £400k was a one off immediately at the time of the tender being posted) to the conservative party that ensured they were awarded the DHSC contract.

I wouldn't be so sure he will its in the peoples hands as I see it if we are sensible keep our distance the infection numbers will drop but if we don't then the rules will stay. "

Impossible to police , if restrictions stay in place over christmas then millions of people will ignore and there will be civil unrest. So our great leader johnson the incompetent clown will lift restrictions for 10 days and he will expect us all to be forever grateful. The blokes a t##t

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

I wouldn't be so sure he will its in the peoples hands as I see it if we are sensible keep our distance the infection numbers will drop but if we don't then the rules will stay. .

Impossible to police , if restrictions stay in place over christmas then millions of people will ignore and there will be civil unrest. So our great leader johnson the incompetent clown will lift restrictions for 10 days and he will expect us all to be forever grateful. The blokes a t##t "

The selfish, arrogant bastards will do as they wish at Christmas regardless of what the rules are.

The majority will follow the guidance to slow the infection rate.

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

"

Just a hunch.

Was your hunch influenced by yesterday's front page story in Metro and the New European ?

Genuinely not. Not familiar with the Metro. At all.

I’m a northerner "

I'm a northerner and don't know anything about the metro either but the story about Boris resigning in the spring somehow popped up on my news thread lol

doncaster

The article also said his reasons for wanting to resign is that he can't live on the PMs salary and the fact he wants to send Wilfred to Eton at £42000 a year fees ! He was earning £23.000 a month writing for a newspaper column , how much of this is true ,I don't have a clue lol

liverpool

"The article also said his reasons for wanting to resign is that he can't live on the PMs salary and the fact he wants to send Wilfred to Eton at £42000 a year fees ! He was earning £23.000 a month writing for a newspaper column , how much of this is true ,I don't have a clue lol "

As if he is just living off that salary

doncaster

"The article also said his reasons for wanting to resign is that he can't live on the PMs salary and the fact he wants to send Wilfred to Eton at £42000 a year fees ! He was earning £23.000 a month writing for a newspaper column , how much of this is true ,I don't have a clue lol

As if he is just living off that salary"

not my words , merely quoting what the article in the metro was saying

liverpool

"The article also said his reasons for wanting to resign is that he can't live on the PMs salary and the fact he wants to send Wilfred to Eton at £42000 a year fees ! He was earning £23.000 a month writing for a newspaper column , how much of this is true ,I don't have a clue lol

As if he is just living off that salarynot my words , merely quoting what the article in the metro was saying "

Wifred

doncaster

[Removed by poster at 06/11/20 15:31:32]

It’s just theft from the taxpayer! "

I can see no reasons as to why these contracts should not be given to either newly established or dormant companies .

In the circumstances mentioned, it is likely that due diligence was more extensive than that carried out on more established companies. If someone has an extensive background in an industry or a long record of successes in various companies there no is reason why these skills may not be transferred to a newly established company. It is quite possible that the newly established company gives better value than established companies and is more open minded. Providing companies are only paid when a service / goods are delivered, the risk to the tax payer is minimal or nil .

Your description of theft is slightly odd . With all the various contact approval procedures in place , unless you are suggesting that various civil servants are failing to undertake their duties correctly, we can be satisfied that contracts are awarded to those best suited to provide value for money.

Any organisation is at liberty to make a donation to a political party. These are simply donations and would have no impact on contracts being awarded.

liverpool

It’s just theft from the taxpayer! I can see no reasons as to why these contracts should not be given to either newly established or dormant companies .

In the circumstances mentioned, it is likely that due diligence was more extensive than that carried out on more established companies. If someone has an extensive background in an industry or a long record of successes in various companies there no is reason why these skills may not be transferred to a newly established company. It is quite possible that the newly established company gives better value than established companies and is more open minded. Providing companies are only paid when a service / goods are delivered, the risk to the tax payer is minimal or nil .

Your description of theft is slightly odd . With all the various contact approval procedures in place , unless you are suggesting that various civil servants are failing to undertake their duties correctly, we can be satisfied that contracts are awarded to those best suited to provide value for money.

Any organisation is at liberty to make a donation to a political party. These are simply donations and would have no impact on contracts being awarded. "

That last paragraph is utterly priceless.

By *onghMan  over a year ago

cardiff

"I can see no reasons as to why these contracts should not be given..." runs it a close second.

Manchester

It’s just theft from the taxpayer! I can see no reasons as to why these contracts should not be given to either newly established or dormant companies .

Any organisation is at liberty to make a donation to a political party. These are simply donations and would have no impact on contracts being awarded. "

You don’t sign contracts with someone’s reputation you sign with a company of financial standing and proven record or who do you chase when things go wrong. Certainly not a worthless company.

No due diligence was possible so it could not be carried out that is fact.

If these individuals were so amazingly good why do they not exist and work in the current crop of suppliers? They would surely be leader of their industry with such valuable knowledge and experience.

What could possibly be the reason for setting up a new company if they are so immersed in the industry? Oh yes a nice tidy profit!

There is certainly no blame at the feet of civil servants on my part it is purely an override situation by the government. It happens and it’s wrong on such a scale,

Don’t embarrass yourself saying that political donations make no difference. Whichever side of the fence you sit money talks as we all know.

"Matt Hancock for Prime Minister!

Oh Jesus!!!!! "

Quite sure it'll be Gove

Manchester

"Matt Hancock for Prime Minister!

Oh Jesus!!!!!

Quite sure it'll be Gove "

Scary as fuck! Every side hates Gove!