FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > CANZUK

CANZUK

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So its on the cards that we could be part of a new trading superpower joining forces with our commonwealth cousins.

I think this is the best thing we have done since brexit.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

The uk signed an agreement with japan the other day who are in the transpacific agreement with oz ,canada, nz and a few other countrires and said they are happy for us to join. Good news all round.

By *ssexbloke72Man  over a year ago

Poplar

Waiting for All the negative comments from we know who.!

near ipswich

me too i wonder who will be 1st.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"So its on the cards that we could be part of a new trading superpower joining forces with our commonwealth cousins.

I think this is the best thing we have done since brexit."

Beginning to look good you could ruin the re_oaners xmas

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"So its on the cards that we could be part of a new trading superpower joining forces with our commonwealth cousins.

I think this is the best thing we have done since brexit.Beginning to look good you could ruin the re_oaners xmas"

Quality

By *exy7Man  over a year ago

Bristol

This is fantastic news. Where are the headlines and the fireworks? Time to celebrate.

liverpool

"This is fantastic news. Where are the headlines and the fireworks? Time to celebrate. "

I'm getting the bunting out

All our problems are over

All those economists and experts.. pffft..what do.they know?

near ipswich

"This is fantastic news. Where are the headlines and the fireworks? Time to celebrate. "
NYE oh no sadiq has cancelled them this year.

By *ebbie69Couple  over a year ago

milton keynes

I think the trans pacific block looks promising. It seems to be a pure trading block and far larger than I originally thought

Bristol

"This is fantastic news. Where are the headlines and the fireworks? Time to celebrate.

All those economists and experts.. pffft..what do.they know?"

The French are going to give us free champagne to celebrate. They’re shitting themsleves. The EU will implode next week,

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 24/10/20 16:37:45]

By *dsindyTV/TS  over a year ago

East Lancashire

The UK-Japan deal is estimated to boost trade by £15 billion.

Critics point out that this is 0.07% of trade that could be lost with the EU in a no deal.

Cant find anything current about a joint UK Australian New Zealand trade deal...but only looked on BBC news website

Bristol

"This is fantastic news. Where are the headlines and the fireworks? Time to celebrate. NYE oh no sadiq has cancelled them this year. "

Don’t worry Boris has told you we’d be back to normal at Christmas. You’ll be able to have a street party and celebrate with world beating bubbly from Lancashire. The party of all parties. We’re about to sit on the top of the world again. I’m emotional.

near ipswich

"This is fantastic news. Where are the headlines and the fireworks? Time to celebrate.

The French are going to give us free champagne to celebrate. They’re shitting themsleves. The EU will implode next week, "

No one wants the eu to implode you seem to want the uk to fail (which it wont) just to make you look right which is not really a good trait to have, I do feel sorry for you wanting doom and gloom on your own country because you lost a vote.

near ipswich

"The UK-Japan deal is estimated to boost trade by £15 billion.

Critics point out that this is 0.07% of trade that could be lost with the EU in a no deal.

Cant find anything current about a joint UK Australian New Zealand trade deal...but only looked on BBC news website "

try gov.uk /trade and investment/free trade.

Bristol

The French are going to give us free champagne to celebrate. They’re shitting themsleves. The EU will implode next week, No one wants the eu to implode you seem to want the uk to fail (which it wont) just to make you look right which is not really a good trait to have, I do feel sorry for you wanting doom and gloom on your own country because you lost a vote. "

Not at all. Why would I want this country to fail? For me brexit has already failed as not being able to travel freely in 27 other countries is what bothers me the most. Seeing our country playing cat and mouse with our neighbours doesn’t really feel me with joy, regardless of the outcome. I don’t need to wait to see who has the biggest cock between the UK and the Eu to be disappointed by bresit.

This is what annoys me the most as well as the rise of racism and the Little England mentality on the rise. No economic success if there is any will make up for what we have lost.

I do not regard us getting closer to the American way as a success. I feel we have much more in common with our European neighbours than this repulsive country that America has become.

As for the economy, we will see but I can’t see how getting out of the biggest economic block can be a success.

In the meantime, don’t celebrate too early.

Bristol

The French are going to give us free champagne to celebrate. They’re shitting themsleves. The EU will implode next week, No one wants the eu to implode you seem to want the uk to fail (which it wont) just to make you look right which is not really a good trait to have, I do feel sorry for you wanting doom and gloom on your own country because you lost a vote.

Not at all. Why would I want this country to fail? For me brexit has already failed as not being able to travel freely in 27 other countries is what bothers me the most. Seeing our country playing cat and mouse with our neighbours doesn’t really feel me with joy, regardless of the outcome. I don’t need to wait to see who has the biggest cock between the UK and the Eu to be disappointed by bresit.

This is what annoys me the most as well as the rise of racism and the Little England mentality on the rise. No economic success if there is any will make up for what we have lost.

I do not regard us getting closer to the American way as a success. I feel we have much more in common with our European neighbours than this repulsive country that America has become.

As for the economy, we will see but I can’t see how getting out of the biggest economic block can be a success.

In the meantime, don’t celebrate too early. "

Noone wants the EU you to implode, Really? This is the ultimate brexiters’ fantasy, They have been telling us that once we’re out, the EU would be dead and buried, bankrupt etc... This seems to give most brexiters a hard on.

near ipswich

The French are going to give us free champagne to celebrate. They’re shitting themsleves. The EU will implode next week, No one wants the eu to implode you seem to want the uk to fail (which it wont) just to make you look right which is not really a good trait to have, I do feel sorry for you wanting doom and gloom on your own country because you lost a vote.

In the meantime, don’t celebrate too early. "

Well thats good to hear because reading your posts over the months it certainly didnt seem that way.Rule Britannia

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Noone wants the EU you to implode, Really? This is the ultimate brexiters’ fantasy, They have been telling us that once we’re out, the EU would be dead and buried, bankrupt etc... This seems to give most brexiters a hard on. "

Many leave voters on here do seem to start masturbating furiously when talking about their envisaged end or demise of the EU

near ipswich

Noone wants the EU you to implode, Really? This is the ultimate brexiters’ fantasy, They have been telling us that once we’re out, the EU would be dead and buried, bankrupt etc... This seems to give most brexiters a hard on.

Many leave voters on here do seem to start masturbating furiously when talking about their envisaged end or demise of the EU "

Not me mate i have made many European friends over the years and certainly would not wish anything bad on them.This seems to be a major misconception that brexiteers are racist,xenophobic and want the eu to fail but i know plenty and none of them are like that.

Bristol

Many leave voters on here do seem to start masturbating furiously when talking about their envisaged end or demise of the EU "

A lot of them wank on a weekly basis about ww2. The idea of stuffing the Germans and the French is what keeps them alive. On the other side of the channel, they either take the piss at us or ignore us completely.

liverpool

The French are going to give us free champagne to celebrate. They’re shitting themsleves. The EU will implode next week, No one wants the eu to implode you seem to want the uk to fail (which it wont) just to make you look right which is not really a good trait to have, I do feel sorry for you wanting doom and gloom on your own country because you lost a vote. "

S'funny

All I've read the last few days on here is how the eu I'd falling apart.

near ipswich

I rest my case

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

I know some may want the EU to fail but I and everyone I know does not.

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

Just read the FT on this and seeing as India will be the prime mover going forward they have barriers in place to stop imports to protect their home market.

Singapore and Nigeria don’t need us and Australia along with New Zealand is just agriculture.

I can’t see Barbados bailing us out anytime soon.

The FT report is interesting as it puts both sides. The positive argument is a lot of daydreaming of a perfect scenario and ignoring the fact the members don’t want us to have a second empire.

We’ve fucked up leaving the EU and nothing is going to repair the financial damage for many years.

So what, Brexit is a good idea now?

liverpool

"Just read the FT on this and seeing as India will be the prime mover going forward they have barriers in place to stop imports to protect their home market.

Singapore and Nigeria don’t need us and Australia along with New Zealand is just agriculture.

The FT report is interesting as it puts both sides. The positive argument is a lot of daydreaming of a perfect scenario and ignoring the fact the members don’t want us to have a second empire.

We’ve fucked up leaving the EU and nothing is going to repair the financial damage for many years.

"

Dont piss on their chips

They are celebrating already

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

Many leave voters on here do seem to start masturbating furiously when talking about their envisaged end or demise of the EU

A lot of them wank on a weekly basis about ww2. The idea of stuffing the Germans and the French is what keeps them alive. On the other side of the channel, they either take the piss at us or ignore us completely. "

pmsl someone’s been knocking back the ale a bit early lol

Manchester

"Just read the FT on this and seeing as India will be the prime mover going forward they have barriers in place to stop imports to protect their home market.

Dont piss on their chips

They are celebrating already "

Maybe we should colonise the USA again? Then again their debt is even bigger than ours so maybe not!

I think they will be asking to join the EU soon lol !!

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"

This has nothing to do with India ?

Clearly some comments from others who just don't know what CANZUK is

Free trade and free movement between Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and the UK

Nothing to do with India, USA, or bloody Europe !

liverpool

Nothing to do with India, USA, or bloody Europe !"

Yeah fuck you Germany and france

We are doing a deal with New Zealand so read it and weep.

This is true. Sadly

Are you ok? You're sober

Poplar

"me too i wonder who will be 1st. "

Didn't take long did it.! Pmsl

Poplar

Makes sense, countries that speak the same language and we have a lot in common with.

near ipswich

"me too i wonder who will be 1st.

Didn't take long did it.! Pmsl "

no, but hope ive predicted the lottery numbers tonight as good.

near ipswich

Makes sense, countries that speak the same language and we have a lot in common with."

Not having to pay to be in the club either or for them to make our laws.

liverpool

Makes sense, countries that speak the same language and we have a lot in common with."

We just trade with people whose 1st language is English?

Brilliant strategy

liverpool

Makes sense, countries that speak the same language and we have a lot in common with.Not having to pay to be in the club either or for them to make our laws. "

What laws are these exactly?

This should be good.

liverpool

Didn't take long did it.! Pmsl "

Maybe you should have your own brexiteer forum section?

Poplar

Makes sense, countries that speak the same language and we have a lot in common with.

Brilliant strategy "

Have Japan changed their language to English now. I must have missed that, have you got a link?

Poplar

Makes sense, countries that speak the same language and we have a lot in common with.Not having to pay to be in the club either or for them to make our laws. "

I bet they are not demanding to send their fishing fleets over either.

liverpool

Brilliant strategy

Have Japan changed their language to English now. I must have missed that, have you got a link?"

Perhaps try reading what you wrote?

near ipswich

Maybe you should have your own brexiteer forum section?"

Now that would take all the fun away i love reading how you and a couple of others on here stereotype leavers it does make me wonder if you stereotype everyone like gays,blacks,jews etc.

Manchester

Yes it’s about free movement between the four countries.

Free movement now there’s an idea. Nah it’ll never catch on, FFS

People are viewing it as a commonwealth thing so I responded to that,

Given the size of the economies involved it has no baring to help the U.K. it’s just a distraction and a friendly club.

The Australians will never agree to millions of brits moving in so don’t wast you time getting excited .

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

I think this is the best thing we have done since brexit.Beginning to look good you could ruin the re_oaners xmas"

How? It's almost like you think people who voted remain did so because they don't like their country or something.

Yes, getting a trade deal with some of these places is great. But still is a drop in the ocean compared to the trading relationship we are hampering with brexit.

-Matt

liverpool

Maybe you should have your own brexiteer forum section?Now that would take all the fun away i love reading how you and a couple of others on here stereotype leavers it does make me wonder if you stereotype everyone like gays,blacks,jews etc. "

Are you going to answer my question?

liverpool

Maybe you should have your own brexiteer forum section?Now that would take all the fun away i love reading how you and a couple of others on here stereotype leavers it does make me wonder if you stereotype everyone like gays,blacks,jews etc. "

I haven't stereotyped anyone

I just feel a bit sorry as you are all so obsessed.

What is it?cos germany beat England at footy all the time?

near ipswich

I think this is the best thing we have done since brexit.Beginning to look good you could ruin the re_oaners xmas

How? It's almost like you think people who voted remain did so because they don't like their country or something.

Yes, getting a trade deal with some of these places is great. But still is a drop in the ocean compared to the trading relationship we are hampering with brexit.

-Matt"

No i dont where have i ever said that? i understand some people dont like change thats not being un patriotic its just their nature,but there are others who can see a big wide world out there who want to trade.You say its a drop in the ocean compared to the eu others disagree.Who is right we will find out in the future.

near ipswich

Maybe you should have your own brexiteer forum section?Now that would take all the fun away i love reading how you and a couple of others on here stereotype leavers it does make me wonder if you stereotype everyone like gays,blacks,jews etc.

What is it?cos germany beat England at footy all the time?"

Im not obsessed i have said many times in this forum my reasons for voting leave and its nothing to do with foreigners or football.

liverpool

Maybe you should have your own brexiteer forum section?Now that would take all the fun away i love reading how you and a couple of others on here stereotype leavers it does make me wonder if you stereotype everyone like gays,blacks,jews etc.

What is it?cos germany beat England at footy all the time?Im not obsessed i have said many times in this forum my reasons for voting leave and its nothing to do with foreigners or football. "

I'll take that as a no..you are not going to answer the question

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

What is it?cos germany beat England at footy all the time?"

yr starting to sound like someone else on here Lionel lol

near ipswich

What is it?cos germany beat England at footy all the time?Im not obsessed i have said many times in this forum my reasons for voting leave and its nothing to do with foreigners or football.

I'll take that as a no..you are not going to answer the question "

What question?

Bristol

It’s true that Westminster hasn’t been able to make and vote its own laws in the past 30 years. Every vote in the lobbies in the Commons was made by people who were controlled by remote controls from Brussels.

near ipswich

Makes sense, countries that speak the same language and we have a lot in common with.Not having to pay to be in the club either or for them to make our laws.

It’s true that Westminster hasn’t been able to make and vote its own laws in the past 30 years. Every vote in the lobbies in the Commons was made by people who were controlled by remote controls from Brussels. "

we certainly couldnt make our own immigration laws thats what started the whole thing off amongst others.

liverpool

What is it?cos germany beat England at footy all the time?Im not obsessed i have said many times in this forum my reasons for voting leave and its nothing to do with foreigners or football.

I'll take that as a no..you are not going to answer the question What question?"

You know what question

liverpool

Makes sense, countries that speak the same language and we have a lot in common with.Not having to pay to be in the club either or for them to make our laws.

It’s true that Westminster hasn’t been able to make and vote its own laws in the past 30 years. Every vote in the lobbies in the Commons was made by people who were controlled by remote controls from Brussels. we certainly couldnt make our own immigration laws thats what started the whole thing off amongst others. "

Europe imposed it's own immigration laws on us and we had no say?

near ipswich

It’s true that Westminster hasn’t been able to make and vote its own laws in the past 30 years. Every vote in the lobbies in the Commons was made by people who were controlled by remote controls from Brussels. we certainly couldnt make our own immigration laws thats what started the whole thing off amongst others.

Europe imposed it's own immigration laws on us and we had no say?"

do you not know about free movement?but it was your beloved labour party that actually highlighted it if blair had not agreed to unfettered access when the 10 eastern european countries joined thinking that only a few thousand would come to the uk.2 million later it gave the brexiteers a great platform to stand on.So you could say it was the labour party that made it all possible.

near ipswich

Nice chatting im off out for a beer.

liverpool

It’s true that Westminster hasn’t been able to make and vote its own laws in the past 30 years. Every vote in the lobbies in the Commons was made by people who were controlled by remote controls from Brussels. we certainly couldnt make our own immigration laws thats what started the whole thing off amongst others.

Europe imposed it's own immigration laws on us and we had no say?do you not know about free movement?but it was your beloved labour party that actually highlighted it if blair had not agreed to unfettered access when the 10 eastern european countries joined thinking that only a few thousand would come to the uk.2 million later it gave the brexiteers a great platform to stand on.So you could say it was the labour party that made it all possible."

I thought..silly me..that laws around immigration were made in this country

Bristol

Europe imposed it's own immigration laws on us and we had no say?do you not know about free movement?but it was your beloved labour party that actually highlighted it if blair had not agreed to unfettered access when the 10 eastern european countries joined thinking that only a few thousand would come to the uk.2 million later it gave the brexiteers a great platform to stand on.So you could say it was the labour party that made it all possible."

Should Spain and France send us back the 2m brits who live there? Our NHS will cope easily. Immigration goes both ways you know. They obviously don’t put pressure at all on the French and Spanish public services.

By *oAnCouple  over a year ago

Wandsworth

It was only a suggestion by a Canadian dude.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"The uk signed an agreement with japan the other day who are in the transpacific agreement with oz ,canada, nz and a few other countrires and said they are happy for us to join. Good news all round."

spin....

we actually signed an agreement with Japan as a replacement to the one with had as part of the Japan-EU trade agreement... which it can't get as good for the UK as the EU deal is by law written in the Japan-EU deal.... and funny enough, they abide by the international agreements they sign up to.... rather then breaching them only 9 months after signing them!

By *ebbie69Couple  over a year ago

milton keynes

"The uk signed an agreement with japan the other day who are in the transpacific agreement with oz ,canada, nz and a few other countrires and said they are happy for us to join. Good news all round.

spin....

we actually signed an agreement with Japan as a replacement to the one with had as part of the Japan-EU trade agreement... which it can't get as good for the UK as the EU deal is by law written in the Japan-EU deal.... and funny enough, they abide by the international agreements they sign up to.... rather then breaching them only 9 months after signing them! "

That slightly missleading. The deal between the EU and Japan has a MFN in it which does not mean the UK cannot get a better deal it means if something is offered to the UK extra it also has to be offered to the EU. The UK has done just that by adding digital trade something they pushed for while still eu members but the eu was not interested

Manchester

Looks like the city is getting agitated as the focus is on fishing but equivalence agreements are not sorted yet and it’s getting close to being too late.

Even with an agreement t on Equivalence the market access is restricted according to the city so they are getting a little pissed off!

"The uk signed an agreement with japan the other day who are in the transpacific agreement with oz ,canada, nz and a few other countrires and said they are happy for us to join. Good news all round.

spin....

we actually signed an agreement with Japan as a replacement to the one with had as part of the Japan-EU trade agreement... which it can't get as good for the UK as the EU deal is by law written in the Japan-EU deal.... and funny enough, they abide by the international agreements they sign up to.... rather then breaching them only 9 months after signing them!

That slightly missleading. The deal between the EU and Japan has a MFN in it which does not mean the UK cannot get a better deal it means if something is offered to the UK extra it also has to be offered to the EU. The UK has done just that by adding digital trade something they pushed for while still eu members but the eu was not interested"

Basically, we have negotiated a better deal for us and the eu that the eu was unable to do themselves. Rule Britannia

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

What are we going to sell them then ?

What are we going to sell them then ?"

Marmite?

Poplar

Fish.

What are we going to sell them then ?

Fish. "

Ha. That's true. 80% of British caught fish is currently sold to the EU.

As of next year, if that market is cut off, or has tariffs added. We will need someone to buy the surplus fish on the cheap.

liverpool

Magic beans

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Nice idea, with one main problem, two of the countries are Liberal, and two are not.

NZ and Canada prefer their status as sane governments. Why would they want to establish a trade bloc with us or Australia?

Besides the biggest fear both NZ and Canada have probably is the undue influence that Newscorp have on the UK and Australia.

They have largely kept them at bay.

Besides why trade one bloc for another, with different rules for?

I though Brexit was about taking back control, not handing it somewhere else?

Also how would affect trade deals with other countries, I am certain that the whole bloc would have to agree who they deal with.

Again, those who suport this are trying to sell a simple solution to a complex problem.

You wanted freedom, have the strength to stick to your principals.

Don’t weasel out of the responsibilty of having a to deliver to pure brexit you wanted.

liverpool

Nice idea, with one main problem, two of the countries are Liberal, and two are not.

NZ and Canada prefer their status as sane governments. Why would they want to establish a trade bloc with us or Australia?

Besides the biggest fear both NZ and Canada have probably is the undue influence that Newscorp have on the UK and Australia.

Also how would affect trade deals with other countries, I am certain that the whole bloc would have to agree who they deal with.

Again, those who suport this are trying to sell a simple solution to a complex problem.

Don’t weasel out of the responsibilty of having a to deliver to pure brexit you wanted."

Yep Murdoch hasn't got a toe hold in either new Zealand or Canada.

Gloucestershire

Don’t weasel out of the responsibilty of having a to deliver to pure brexit you wanted.

Yep Murdoch hasn't got a toe hold in either new Zealand or Canada."

That’s why the bloc is a fantasy, giving false hope.

Get ready UK, we need to get self suffient and fast.

near ipswich

Don’t weasel out of the responsibilty of having a to deliver to pure brexit you wanted."

Nz and canada are already in a trading block with Australia and do not trade because of newscorp you obviously haven't looked into it too deep,its a free trade agreement (Look it up).Did you believe that voting for brexit was voting to never trade with another country ever again? brexit was exactly the opposite it was to trade with the rest of the world without having to pay for the privileg ,having another parliament and no control over boarders.So just to put you straight that is a pure brexit as you like to put it.

Gloucestershire

Don’t weasel out of the responsibilty of having a to deliver to pure brexit you wanted.Nz and canada are already in a trading block with Australia and do not trade because of newscorp you obviously haven't looked into it too deep,its a free trade agreement (Look it up).Did you believe that voting for brexit was voting to never trade with another country ever again? brexit was exactly the opposite it was to trade with the rest of the world without having to pay for the privileg ,having another parliament and no control over boarders.So just to put you straight that is a pure brexit as you like to put it. "

No it wasn’t it was to stop us going into blocs and becoming subserviant to other groups.

This CANZUK, or CANSUCK bloc would be that. We’d have another bunch of unelected officials telling us what to do.

Freedom is what brexit was about, making deals which benefit us, not others!

near ipswich

Don’t weasel out of the responsibilty of having a to deliver to pure brexit you wanted.Nz and canada are already in a trading block with Australia and do not trade because of newscorp you obviously haven't looked into it too deep,its a free trade agreement (Look it up).Did you believe that voting for brexit was voting to never trade with another country ever again? brexit was exactly the opposite it was to trade with the rest of the world without having to pay for the privileg ,having another parliament and no control over boarders.So just to put you straight that is a pure brexit as you like to put it.

No it wasn’t it was to stop us going into blocs and becoming subserviant to other groups.

This CANZUK, or CANSUCK bloc would be that. We’d have another bunch of unelected officials telling us what to do.

"

What a load of rubbish do you understand how free trade agreements work? if we join the trans pacific agreement its about agreeing none tariff goods, we negotiate which ones as the uk and what is good for the uk.

Bristol

Don’t weasel out of the responsibilty of having a to deliver to pure brexit you wanted.Nz and canada are already in a trading block with Australia and do not trade because of newscorp you obviously haven't looked into it too deep,its a free trade agreement (Look it up).Did you believe that voting for brexit was voting to never trade with another country ever again? brexit was exactly the opposite it was to trade with the rest of the world without having to pay for the privileg ,having another parliament and no control over boarders.So just to put you straight that is a pure brexit as you like to put it.

What a load of rubbish do you understand how free trade agreements work? if we join the trans pacific agreement its about agreeing none tariff goods, we negotiate which ones as the uk and what is good for the uk."

So if the yanks want to impose the famous chlorinated chicken to be part of the club, does that count as interfering with making our own decisions?

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 25/10/20 09:03:25]

near ipswich

What a load of rubbish do you understand how free trade agreements work? if we join the trans pacific agreement its about agreeing none tariff goods, we negotiate which ones as the uk and what is good for the uk.

So if the yanks want to impose the famous chlorinated chicken to be part of the club, does that count as interfering with making our own decisions? "

did you know all the veg you buy from the eu is washed in chlorine? and that only 10% of usa chicken is, probably not.But to answer your question thats up to the trade negotiators, me personally if i dont want to eat something i dont buy it and buy all my meat locally anyway.

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 25/10/20 09:13:10]

Bristol

So if the yanks want to impose the famous chlorinated chicken to be part of the club, does that count as interfering with making our own decisions? did you know all the veg you buy from the eu is washed in chlorine? and that only 10% of usa chicken is, probably not.But to answer your question thats up to the trade negotiators, me personally if i dont want to eat something i dont buy it and buy all my meat locally anyway."

No I didn’t know however my point is that as soon as you trade or agree on a trade deal with other countries you have to compromise and decisions are out of your hands which is why your interlocutor was right. And who will be regulating the issues within this canzuk bloc? Will it be British courts or another body?

near ipswich

So if the yanks want to impose the famous chlorinated chicken to be part of the club, does that count as interfering with making our own decisions? did you know all the veg you buy from the eu is washed in chlorine? and that only 10% of usa chicken is, probably not.But to answer your question thats up to the trade negotiators, me personally if i dont want to eat something i dont buy it and buy all my meat locally anyway.

No I didn’t know however my point is that as soon as you trade or agree on a trade deal with other countries you have to compromise and decisions are out of your hands which is why your interlocutor was right. And who will be regulating the issues within this canzuk bloc? Will it be British courts or another body?

"

All deals are a compromise i dont see your point.but the fact is we will be able to make deals that are good for us, when you are trying to make a deal for 28 countries some will benefit but not all.The classic example of this is the macrosur deal 20 years to agree and now France and Ireland will not accept it because it affects their meat production.

Gloucestershire

So if the yanks want to impose the famous chlorinated chicken to be part of the club, does that count as interfering with making our own decisions? did you know all the veg you buy from the eu is washed in chlorine? and that only 10% of usa chicken is, probably not.But to answer your question thats up to the trade negotiators, me personally if i dont want to eat something i dont buy it and buy all my meat locally anyway.

"

This is the point!

Some unelected official or trade body, which would not be in our interests.

People voted to be an indepedent trading entity. Not part of another group.

So stuff CANSUCK up where the sun don’t shine.

Interesting, what’s the source?

By *or Fox SakeCouple  over a year ago

Thornaby

"The UK-Japan deal is estimated to boost trade by £15 billion.

Cant find anything current about a joint UK Australian New Zealand trade deal...but only looked on BBC news website "

The details of the UK Australia and New Zealand deal are to be found alongside the works of Tolkien and Steven King in the fantasy section.

*Cough cough*

A limited selection of our commonwealth cousins. I mean literally our genetic cousins. You know, predominantly white, Anglo/Anglo-Irish descendant cousins.

YES WE ARE SO CONNECTING WITH THE COMMONWEALTH - YOU KNOW, SWEEPING THOSE AFRICAN AND UNDERDEVELOPED ASIAN COUNTRIES UNDER THE CARPET.

The best hope CANZUK has is as a social and geopolitical project.

Social from the perspective of making travel between countries easier, is, visa free travel for passport holders. Though, Australians might not like that domestically.

Geopolitical from the perspective of trying to combat China's neocolonial model of resource exploitation - though again, trying to get Australia and the UK to do more financial foreign investment to prevent China from buying ports off the coast of Africa is likely not to be a politically adored policy with voters.

Ultimately, this would mean to function a CANZUK lobby would be less accountable that the EU.

I mean will we get to elect representatives?

Trade wise it's not going to happen likely for decades.

You have two routes.

A single market between the countries which would be quicker and more efficient but still takes ages to negotiate.

Or multiple bilateral trade bills.

Eg, one on raw minerals, one on raw organic resources, one on agriproducts, one on digital services.

This would be what likely happens, as a single market means committing to international standards, and as a NZ minister pointed out, CANZUK would likely fall flat here due to Australia's low regulations and the UK angling to a similar model.

In short, NZ and CA like a higher regulation product market, Australia does not, and the UK is a big question mark right now.

So you're left with multiple bilateral trade bills. Which wi take decades to resolve, because let's be honest, Australia might want to sell more beef for eg, but due to their use of antibiotics banned in NZ, CA and currently here, in all non-organic cattle rearing, this might be rejected in an agricultural trade bill, at which point Australia has to decide whether they'll drop this or hold up talks over it.

In short, CANZUK is not a replacement in the short term for our loss of ease of access to EU trade. However, from a social project and a geopolitical one regarding intervention and countering authoritarian countries, go for it, that's just something to sell to the voters, work out with the UN and decide policy on between countries.

» Add a new message to this topic