FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Sbs

Sbs

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like the scrambling of the sbs to retake the tanker was a publicity stunt? It seems extremely unlikely that a small group of nigerians armed with a few iron bars and faeces were quite the danger they were made out to be especially considering that it took less than ten minutes for them to capitulate.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Is it just me or does anyone else feel like the scrambling of the sbs to retake the tanker was a publicity stunt? It seems extremely unlikely that a small group of nigerians armed with a few iron bars and faeces were quite the danger they were made out to be especially considering that it took less than ten minutes for them to capitulate. "

Nope, this is absolutely standard practice to piracy in UK territorial waters. They were absolutely no match for the SBS but did represent a real danger to the unarmed crew. Even if they had more substantial weapons, they still wouldn't be a match for SBS, they'd just be more dead.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Is it just me or does anyone else feel like the scrambling of the sbs to retake the tanker was a publicity stunt? It seems extremely unlikely that a small group of nigerians armed with a few iron bars and faeces were quite the danger they were made out to be especially considering that it took less than ten minutes for them to capitulate. "

Nope, a fully laden oil tanker on top of the risk to the crew is a potential environmental hazard and action was required..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Whilst a lot of us in the UK are cynics of this government, I don't think it's right to delve into the world of conspiracy theories, guided only by distrust.

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

That tanker was a disaster waiting to happen if the stowaways had got control.

Just crashing it into one of the oil terminal jetties would have been carnage. Apart from an explosion risk the resulting pollution would have been horrendous.

So the SBS doing their thing was totally the right move in my opinion.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

The whole operation lasted 9 minutes.

We are lucky to have such well trained forces at our disposal. The next threat could be a whole lot worse.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

I bet the stowaways literally shat themselves when the SBS showed up

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"I bet the stowaways literally shat themselves when the SBS showed up "
I bet they did, i have been oil rigs in the 70,s and 80,s when they used to train for terrorist attacks and i can tell you you dont get in their way.A few guys got whacked thinking they wouldnt touch them if they got in the way because it was an exercise.Wrong.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Fair play to you all....it’s just interesting for me to see whether any of the fruitloops were going to come on board with this. Personally I agree that it was handled quickly and decisively with the minimum amount of risk and was a very good result. The stowaways must have been incredibly naive to think that they were not going to get their arses kicked over this.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Trying to kick off on an Oil tanker while literally in the SBS’s back yard. Poor lads.

By *wosmilersCouple  over a year ago

Heathrowish

And the alternative was what exactly?

Creating a long drawn out siege?

A potential environmental hazard if the valves had been opened?

The death of crew members?

The incident was over in 9 minutes with no injuries.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

"And the alternative was what exactly?

Creating a long drawn out siege?

A potential environmental hazard if the valves had been opened?

The death of crew members?

The incident was over in 9 minutes with no injuries. "

And they'll enjoy many years here at our cost.

By *couseratMan  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Of course it was.

The crew were spineless and locked themselves away in a strong room, just because a few stow a ways said boo to them.

» Add a new message to this topic