FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Eat Out Accelerated the Pandemic?

Eat Out Accelerated the Pandemic?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"The University of Warwick research suggests that the government scheme may be responsible for eight to 17 per cent of newly detected Covid-19 clusters in August and early September."

What do you all think of this?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Social interaction caused it the eat out scheme didn't help but people don't catch it from food.

By *exy7Man  over a year ago

Bristol

""The University of Warwick research suggests that the government scheme may be responsible for eight to 17 per cent of newly detected Covid-19 clusters in August and early September."

What do you all think of this?"

I don’t know but what is sure is that the first wave never really ended. I understand why we tried to get these businesses going during the summer. People needed this too but how much did it contribute to what’s happening now, only god knows. Other countries didn’t have the same scheme but they are also experiencing a second wave.

""The University of Warwick research suggests that the government scheme may be responsible for eight to 17 per cent of newly detected Covid-19 clusters in August and early September."

What do you all think of this?

I don’t know but what is sure is that the first wave never really ended. I understand why we tried to get these businesses going during the summer. People needed this too but how much did it contribute to what’s happening now, only god knows. Other countries didn’t have the same scheme but they are also experiencing a second wave.

"

You miss read the thread intent its another blame game one.

But your point is valid the UK scheme didn't cause the explosion of infections in France.

I'm not surprised Eat Out seems to have accelerated the pandemic. But it was gonna happen anyway. And businesses were really hurting, too. So I'm torn on this one.

"I'm not surprised Eat Out seems to have accelerated the pandemic. But it was gonna happen anyway. And businesses were really hurting, too. So I'm torn on this one."

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease no you are not you were hoping you could use it as another Blame it on Boris thread.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

The FT article on the Spanish variation in summer and that it's now 80% of UK cases who have that one will also be part of the picture..

"I'm not surprised Eat Out seems to have accelerated the pandemic. But it was gonna happen anyway. And businesses were really hurting, too. So I'm torn on this one.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease no you are not you were hoping you could use it as another Blame it on Boris thread. "

Eh? Then why did I literally just say I was torn on this one?

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

In Europe they are saying the lifting of travel restrictions for the summer holidays caused it and a lot can be traced back to Spain. But nothing unusual that different researchers come up with different conclusions.

in Lancashire

"I'm not surprised Eat Out seems to have accelerated the pandemic. But it was gonna happen anyway. And businesses were really hurting, too. So I'm torn on this one.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease no you are not you were hoping you could use it as another Blame it on Boris thread. "

Who takes the accolades if things go well?

Yes the leader, so it's absolutely natural that in the case of fuck ups he's the man in the frame..

in Lancashire

"In Europe they are saying the lifting of travel restrictions for the summer holidays caused it and a lot can be traced back to Spain. But nothing unusual that different researchers come up with different conclusions. "

This..

Same variant from Spain is high in other European countries, poor social distance etc..

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease no you are not you were hoping you could use it as another Blame it on Boris thread.

Yes the leader, so it's absolutely natural that in the case of fuck ups he's the man in the frame..

"

Is that the same For Corbyn the Racist then?

Eh? Then why did I literally just say I was torn on this one? "

Because it hasn't gone in the direction you wanted it to.

Because it hasn't gone in the direction you wanted it to. "

I literally started this thread with a question. But don't let facts bother you.

near ipswich

well nice to know we dont have the monopoly on idiots, everyone fleeing the paris lockdown and spreading the virus far and wide.You would have thought they had learnt a lesson from Italy when it happened there at the start of the year.

Bristol

People wanted a holiday. There would have been a massive outcry. At the time nobody knew what would happen and if there would be a second wave. Now we know. However, I do think that this gvt hasn’t done enough and hadn’t maximised they fact that we live on an island. Controls at the borders in March were non existent and they tried to convince us that these tests at airports would have been useless. I’m not convinced.

They are happy to send boats across the channel for a few dinghies every week but testing people at airports, not really.

I literally started this thread with a question. But don't let facts bother you."

Well they don't stop you no you area member of the blame game tribe not the solution and support others group.

You know and I know and everyone knows the rise is down to people having a blasé attitude when with other people be it in public or private homes not where people eat.

near ipswich

"People wanted a holiday. There would have been a massive outcry. At the time nobody knew what would happen and if there would be a second wave. Now we know. However, I do think that this gvt hasn’t done enough and hadn’t maximised they fact that we live on an island. Controls at the borders in March were non existent and they tried to convince us that these tests at airports would have been useless. I’m not convinced.

They are happy to send boats across the channel for a few dinghies every week but testing people at airports, not really. "

yeah normal for you our government haven't done enough because we are an island,correct me if im wrong but didnt eu countries close their borders to other eu countries in the 1st wave? worked out well for them.

I literally started this thread with a question. But don't let facts bother you.

Well they don't stop you no you area member of the blame game tribe not the solution and support others group.

You know and I know and everyone knows the rise is down to people having a blasé attitude when with other people be it in public or private homes not where people eat. "

I started this thred with a question to hopefully get a discussion. You don't seem interested in any of that, though.

I'll stop responding to you on this thread as you only seem to want a fight. Have a wonderful day, my friend.

near ipswich

To answer you original post no i dont think it increased the spread of the virus. The places i went to were all covid secure,book before you go hand sanitizer,tables well spaced and the staff were excellent.

in Lancashire

Is that the same For Corbyn the Racist then? "

Try staying on topic, your all over the place..

Why would it not apply?

Rather a strange question..

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

[Removed by poster at 30/10/20 14:13:40]

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 30/10/20 14:15:58]

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Holiday destinations such as Cornwall and Norfolk, haven't had a huge rise in infections.

Many restaurants in those areas were fully booked out during the EOTHO period.

Why would it not apply?

Rather a strange question.."

Well if you had actually followed your own advice and stuck on topic it wouldn't have been asked. Oh the irony or the embarrassment.

Bristol

"People wanted a holiday. There would have been a massive outcry. At the time nobody knew what would happen and if there would be a second wave. Now we know. However, I do think that this gvt hasn’t done enough and hadn’t maximised they fact that we live on an island. Controls at the borders in March were non existent and they tried to convince us that these tests at airports would have been useless. I’m not convinced.

They are happy to send boats across the channel for a few dinghies every week but testing people at airports, not really. yeah normal for you our government haven't done enough because we are an island,correct me if im wrong but didnt eu countries close their borders to other eu countries in the 1st wave? worked out well for them. "

Why have we asked people to quarantine when coming from abroad then if there’s no point checking on people coming from abroad?

My responses in this topic are measured and honest. I haven’t criticised the gvt much on this thread apart from saying that they should have been more stringent at airports but obviously Boris’s labradors are on guard and wouldn’t accept that being an island in this situation should be an advantage as you can control where people enter the country.

I think we need a page 3 in the Sun for the Boris brigade so they can offload on their hero everyday.

"To answer you original post no i dont think it increased the spread of the virus. The places i went to were all covid secure,book before you go hand sanitizer,tables well spaced and the staff were excellent. "

Of course Eat out to Help Out accelerated the spread, impossible not to.

I'm not against the idea at all of Rishies Dishes but any form of increased interaction of the general public will assist the spread of the virus.

Covid securing is only a set of measures to reduce the possibilities of transmition but the virus still has the overwhelming probability of spreading, just reduced a bit unfortunately.

near ipswich

"To answer you original post no i dont think it increased the spread of the virus. The places i went to were all covid secure,book before you go hand sanitizer,tables well spaced and the staff were excellent.

I'm not against the idea at all of Rishies Dishes but any form of increased interaction of the general public will assist the spread of the virus.

Covid securing is only a set of measures to reduce the possibilities of transmition but the virus still has the overwhelming probability of spreading, just reduced a bit unfortunately. "

Of course increased interaction will assist the spread thats a given but if eating places do all they can and the public do all they can the transmition is greatly reduced.Nothing is 100%

near ipswich

They are happy to send boats across the channel for a few dinghies every week but testing people at airports, not really. yeah normal for you our government haven't done enough because we are an island,correct me if im wrong but didnt eu countries close their borders to other eu countries in the 1st wave? worked out well for them.

Why have we asked people to quarantine when coming from abroad then if there’s no point checking on people coming from abroad?

My responses in this topic are measured and honest. I haven’t criticised the gvt much on this thread apart from saying that they should have been more stringent at airports but obviously Boris’s labradors are on guard and wouldn’t accept that being an island in this situation should be an advantage as you can control where people enter the country.

I think we need a page 3 in the Sun for the Boris brigade so they can offload on their hero everyday.

"

So no comment then on the spread in Europe despite shutting boarders? seems your argument doesnt really hold up. You cannot isolate a country forever, at some point you have to open and the whole of europe is seeing the result.

in Lancashire

Why would it not apply?

Rather a strange question..

Well if you had actually followed your own advice and stuck on topic it wouldn't have been asked. Oh the irony or the embarrassment. "

I responded to your including Boris into the debate which is how these things go yet your ducking it and coming out with this nonsense..

If you deem that embarrassment is relevant then perhaps a re-evaluation of perspective is in order..

Words on a screen young man, words on a screen..

"To answer you original post no i dont think it increased the spread of the virus. The places i went to were all covid secure,book before you go hand sanitizer,tables well spaced and the staff were excellent.

Covid securing is only a set of measures to reduce the possibilities of transmition but the virus still has the overwhelming probability of spreading, just reduced a bit unfortunately.

Of course increased interaction will assist the spread thats a given but if eating places do all they can and the public do all they can the transmition is greatly reduced.Nothing is 100%"

That's exactly the point, Covid Secure measures can only reduce the risk but how that reduction of risk is calculated is totally subjective on the individual assessing the risk, the location, use, capacity, ventilation, layout, compliance and so on and so on.

near ipswich

Of course increased interaction will assist the spread thats a given but if eating places do all they can and the public do all they can the transmition is greatly reduced.Nothing is 100%

That's exactly the point, Covid Secure measures can only reduce the risk but how that reduction of risk is calculated is totally subjective on the individual assessing the risk, the location, use, capacity, ventilation, layout, compliance and so on and so on. "

exactly why i said earlier that different researchers will come up with different results.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

That's exactly the point, Covid Secure measures can only reduce the risk but how that reduction of risk is calculated is totally subjective on the individual assessing the risk, the location, use, capacity, ventilation, layout, compliance and so on and so on. "

exactly we can only reduce the risk until there’s a vaccine that is 100% it will never really go this isn’t the second wave we never got rid of the first wave we just have to live with it best we can do we live in a total lockdown or get on with our lives that’s the question ?

That's exactly the point, Covid Secure measures can only reduce the risk but how that reduction of risk is calculated is totally subjective on the individual assessing the risk, the location, use, capacity, ventilation, layout, compliance and so on and so on.

exactly why i said earlier that different researchers will come up with different results."

That's exactly why I personally don't take much notice of any study or report unless it's by a major / majority unbiased player of that field or there's a general agreement from a majority broad spectrum of players.

» Add a new message to this topic