FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Interesting conundrum

Interesting conundrum

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ackal1 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

So one of the sticking points on the deal is fishing.

The argument is that we are offered more of the grounds/quota than we have now and in fact more fish than we can catch.

There is a risk that we will lose 100k jobs in car manufacturing and financial services without a deal.

Is it worth digging our heels in for fishing quotas we can’t catch and risk those jobs?

This isn’t about your beliefs it’s about what important today to safeguard jobs.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"So one of the sticking points on the deal is fishing.

The argument is that we are offered more of the grounds/quota than we have now and in fact more fish than we can catch.

There is a risk that we will lose 100k jobs in car manufacturing and financial services without a deal.

Is it worth digging our heels in for fishing quotas we can’t catch and risk those jobs?

This isn’t about your beliefs it’s about what important today to safeguard jobs. "

But but but, in the minds of some Brexit voters it is because ‘the French won’t let us have what we want so we won’t let them have what they want’

By *ssexbloke72Man  over a year ago

Poplar

This isn’t about your beliefs it’s about what important today to safeguard jobs. "

Are you talking about British territorial waters?

If so why would the UK ask for more quota in their own waters?

Manchester

This isn’t about your beliefs it’s about what important today to safeguard jobs.

Are you talking about British territorial waters?

If so why would the UK ask for more quota in their own waters?"

The quotas were sold years ago in good faith but we want them back even though we can’t catch the fish with the size of fleet we have. Btw the middle water fleet we are talking about had never been bigger it’s always been a small fleet so no job losses threatened in the industry. .

The question is , is it worth risking the car and city jobs for non existent fish?

I don’t care about any indignant rule Britannia rubbish these are real jobs and real families losing everything I’m talking about.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

I think you are missing the point the uk does not want to take these quotas back they want the right to set the quotas not the eu,s common fishing policy.As these are uk territorial waters and as an independent country its only right.The uk intends to reduce the amount that foreign registered ships can catch over several years.Norway sets a quota ever year for what fish can be caught and how much in their waters but it seems this agreement they have with Norway is not good enough to have with the uk.

"I think you are missing the point the uk does not want to take these quotas back they want the right to set the quotas not the eu,s common fishing policy.As these are uk territorial waters and as an independent country its only right.The uk intends to reduce the amount that foreign registered ships can catch over several years.Norway sets a quota ever year for what fish can be caught and how much in their waters but it seems this agreement they have with Norway is not good enough to have with the uk. "

I am sure there will be a compromise, after all, we ‘hold all the cards ‘

near ipswich

"I think you are missing the point the uk does not want to take these quotas back they want the right to set the quotas not the eu,s common fishing policy.As these are uk territorial waters and as an independent country its only right.The uk intends to reduce the amount that foreign registered ships can catch over several years.Norway sets a quota ever year for what fish can be caught and how much in their waters but it seems this agreement they have with Norway is not good enough to have with the uk.

I am sure there will be a compromise, after all, we ‘hold all the cards ‘ "

Im sure there will be too glad to see you are keeping the faith.

"I think you are missing the point the uk does not want to take these quotas back they want the right to set the quotas not the eu,s common fishing policy.As these are uk territorial waters and as an independent country its only right.The uk intends to reduce the amount that foreign registered ships can catch over several years.Norway sets a quota ever year for what fish can be caught and how much in their waters but it seems this agreement they have with Norway is not good enough to have with the uk.

I am sure there will be a compromise, after all, we ‘hold all the cards ‘ Im sure there will be too glad to see you are keeping the faith. "

Exactly, we all hold all the cards and it will be the easiest deal in history, what could possibly go wrong

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

That's what happens when you let princess nut nut run the country

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

That's what happens when you let princess nut nut run the country

"

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

I am sure there will be a compromise, after all, we ‘hold all the cards ‘ Im sure there will be too glad to see you are keeping the faith.

Exactly, we all hold all the cards and it will be the easiest deal in history, what could possibly go wrong "

I think there will be a deal in the next two weeks

I am sure there will be a compromise, after all, we ‘hold all the cards ‘ Im sure there will be too glad to see you are keeping the faith.

Exactly, we all hold all the cards and it will be the easiest deal in history, what could possibly go wrong I think there will be a deal in the next two weeks "

Probably, will it be as good or better than the one we had though?

Manchester

"I think you are missing the point the uk does not want to take these quotas back they want the right to set the quotas not the eu,s common fishing policy.As these are uk territorial waters and as an independent country its only right.The uk intends to reduce the amount that foreign registered ships can catch over several years.Norway sets a quota ever year for what fish can be caught and how much in their waters but it seems this agreement they have with Norway is not good enough to have with the uk. "

So your view is yes it’s worth risking those jobs to control waters although we won’t catch anymore fish?

The quota system was a mess from

The beginning as it doesn’t conserve stocks efficiently anyway. The fish not allowed and caught are put back usually dead or sneaked away so a bit pointless .

However a business deal was done with those quotas sold in perpetually and your saying because we have Brexit those privacy contracts are void?

Would you advocate compensation to the EU fishermen?

thornaby

Exactly, we all hold all the cards and it will be the easiest deal in history, what could possibly go wrong I think there will be a deal in the next two weeks

Probably, will it be as good or better than the one we had though? "

probably not as good I’d of thought but we will finally be out and we can all get in with life start to heal the divide don’t you think it’s about time we do this then ?

Exactly, we all hold all the cards and it will be the easiest deal in history, what could possibly go wrong I think there will be a deal in the next two weeks

Probably, will it be as good or better than the one we had though? probably not as good I’d of thought but we will finally be out and we can all get in with life start to heal the divide don’t you think it’s about time we do this then ?"

Definitely, I do think it is important to keep a close eye on the people at the ‘top’ who supported Brexit though , especially if things don’t go according to plan

Manchester

Probably, will it be as good or better than the one we had though? probably not as good I’d of thought but we will finally be out and we can all get in with life start to heal the divide don’t you think it’s about time we do this then ?"

Tell the guys who will be at the job centre how good it will feel to come together. Sorry to be so negative but I’m starting to see the reality first hand. It’s shit!

We don’t have real democracy in this country and the powers that be didn’t want to lose their control to Brussels as they wouldn’t be quite so rich and quite so influential.

I know people will say we have but isn’t a local MP supposed to represent his community and their needs over a national policy of that party labour or Conservative.

Why is it we allow both party’s to parachute candidates into our local elections?

They are there so central government/ party can keep control it’s that simple.

It’s not a democracy in any way shape or form. The powers in the party’s (Both) control what we do and control the media to give us the narrative .

Anyone who is pro Brexit or in fact anti Brexit read the trade newspapers or websites

Insurance Journal

Freight transport Association

Food importers association

Building weekly or something like that

Banking times if there is such a thing .

Etc

They will not feed you an agenda like our papers do they tell you how it’s affecting their industry and the nightmare it’s creating for business.

That will give you reality on the spin we are all being fed.

Gove said we are to prepare and he’s lining up to blame business .

6 weeks to go and we can’t get answers out of HMRC .

Business needs years to change not weeks. How do we fix our IT to conform in 6 weeks?

That’s an example of the spin not even closely matching the reality.

We aren’t building the truck parks because business isn’t ready it’s because the government isn’t ready and business can’t plan to be ready.

I hope I’m wrong and hope the U.K. does well overall. The evidence is starting to overwhelming say this is not a good move. It’s emotion over reality and we will be on the losing end of the emotion directed back at us.

There is talk of Scottish shellfish boats moving their registrations to NI to get around tariffs if there is a no deal brexit as NI will still be trading on EU terms.

I was listening to a brexit party candidate on the radio yesterday who comes from a long line of fishing related family and it was interesting to hear that basically she didnt give a damn about losses of manufacturing and aerospace jobs as long as the seaside towns were better off. Depressing and self-centred but then thats what the referendum did - split the country up into marginalised groups battling amongst themselves I guess. Rule Britannia....my arse!

By *ssexbloke72Man  over a year ago

Poplar

Interesting, as we have one post saying Central government doesn't work and doesn't look after your local area.

Then another post saying local area doesn't give a shit about elsewhere as long as they get what is best for them.

Im guessing there is no good answer at the end of the day.!

"Interesting, as we have one post saying Central government doesn't work and doesn't look after your local area.

Then another post saying local area doesn't give a shit about elsewhere as long as they get what is best for them.

Im guessing there is no good answer at the end of the day.!"

I though Brexit was the ‘answer’?

Manchester

"Interesting, as we have one post saying Central government doesn't work and doesn't look after your local area.

Im guessing there is no good answer at the end of the day.!"

Local fisherman bleating on is self interest not politics sadly. They won’t lose their jobs.

Regarding real democracy.

I have an idea given to me by an old guy so don’t claim as my own.

I’ve said this before so apologies if you’ve already read this.

Any candidate for a constituency should have lived in that constituency for at least 5 years prior to be able to stand. Regardless of party this will ensure they have their own community at heart and also know their community’s issues . My local MP was parachuted into a safe seat and visits once a fortnight to hold a surgery .

Obviously total commitment to local residents.

Central party all the way. .

liverpool

"There is talk of Scottish shellfish boats moving their registrations to NI to get around tariffs if there is a no deal brexit as NI will still be trading on EU terms.

I was listening to a brexit party candidate on the radio yesterday who comes from a long line of fishing related family and it was interesting to hear that basically she didnt give a damn about losses of manufacturing and aerospace jobs as long as the seaside towns were better off. Depressing and self-centred but then thats what the referendum did - split the country up into marginalised groups battling amongst themselves I guess. Rule Britannia....my arse! "

Why are the Brexit party still a thing?

thornaby

Probably, will it be as good or better than the one we had though? probably not as good I’d of thought but we will finally be out and we can all get in with life start to heal the divide don’t you think it’s about time we do this then ?

Tell the guys who will be at the job centre how good it will feel to come together. Sorry to be so negative but I’m starting to see the reality first hand. It’s shit!

We don’t have real democracy in this country and the powers that be didn’t want to lose their control to Brussels as they wouldn’t be quite so rich and quite so influential.

I know people will say we have but isn’t a local MP supposed to represent his community and their needs over a national policy of that party labour or Conservative.

Why is it we allow both party’s to parachute candidates into our local elections?

It’s not a democracy in any way shape or form. The powers in the party’s (Both) control what we do and control the media to give us the narrative .

Anyone who is pro Brexit or in fact anti Brexit read the trade newspapers or websites

Insurance Journal

Etc

They will not feed you an agenda like our papers do they tell you how it’s affecting their industry and the nightmare it’s creating for business.

Business needs years to change not weeks. How do we fix our IT to conform in 6 weeks?

We aren’t building the truck parks because business isn’t ready it’s because the government isn’t ready and business can’t plan to be ready.

I hope I’m wrong and hope the U.K. does well overall. The evidence is starting to overwhelming say this is not a good move. It’s emotion over reality and we will be on the losing end of the emotion directed back at us.

"

given that 17.4 million votes leave I’d guess a lot of them at the job centre will of voted leave bud

the wetlands

Who's going to crew the fishing boats when the cheap foreign labour is gone ?

Will there be a queue to get cold and wet in rough seas for days on end for minimum wage ?

thornaby

"Who's going to crew the fishing boats when the cheap foreign labour is gone ?

Will there be a queue to get cold and wet in rough seas for days on end for minimum wage ?"

I’m sure they will cope they managed before lol

Manchester

Probably, will it be as good or better than the one we had though? probably not as good I’d of thought but we will finally be out and we can all get in with life start to heal the divide don’t you think it’s about time we do this then ?

Insurance Journal

Etc

given that 17.4 million votes leave I’d guess a lot of them at the job centre will of voted leave bud "

Sad but very true. I suspect not many would have though does this effect my job? Cornwall area and some in South Wales are in for a nasty surprise when those subsidies stop.

thornaby

Insurance Journal

Etc

given that 17.4 million votes leave I’d guess a lot of them at the job centre will of voted leave bud

Sad but very true. I suspect not many would have though does this effect my job? Cornwall area and some in South Wales are in for a nasty surprise when those subsidies stop.

"

how many jobs do you think the U.K. will lose due to brexit bud ?

Manchester

Will there be a queue to get cold and wet in rough seas for days on end for minimum wage ? I’m sure they will cope they managed before lol"

Interestingly the fisherman seem to come from Africa and the Far East as well as Europe but now we have a skills test and points system I suspect they will now struggle to get foreign workers on their boats .

Our little Millenials aren’t keen on getting cold or being away from their computers for too long.

Interestingly the land side processing is likely to move some work to the EU to avoid any tariffs and restrictions at the borders. . A huge amount of the fish imported into the U.K. from Iceland to be processed is for onward shipment to the EU.

Manchester

Insurance Journal

Etc

how many jobs do you think the U.K. will lose due to brexit bud ?"

I have no clue. Ask an economist and try not to believe The Mail. You also have no clue as to any benefits from Brexit apart from no free movement and blue passports.

What I can tell you is a sad fact that we are making redundancies over the next few months because the roles will no longer exist in the U.K.

We are having to move their jobs to the EU. Not a lot of skilled workers involved as the roles are simple so relocation for them isn’t an option.

Some of our clients have insisted despite our best efforts to persuade them otherwise that we supply from within the EU. It’s nothing to do with price or quality. They don’t have to deal with Brexit so choosing not to. It’s just in time stuff so they don’t want the hassle .

Boris didn’t account for the people of Europe not being interested in Brexit in his plan did he!

So yes feel free to get close to our ex employees at the job centre I’m sure they will be fucking delighted Brexit is done.

Will there be a queue to get cold and wet in rough seas for days on end for minimum wage ? I’m sure they will cope they managed before lol

Interestingly the fisherman seem to come from Africa and the Far East as well as Europe but now we have a skills test and points system I suspect they will now struggle to get foreign workers on their boats .

Our little Millenials aren’t keen on getting cold or being away from their computers for too long.

Interestingly the land side processing is likely to move some work to the EU to avoid any tariffs and restrictions at the borders. . A huge amount of the fish imported into the U.K. from Iceland to be processed is for onward shipment to the EU.

"

The brexit party member I mentioned runs a fish processing plant in Grimsby and I just wonder if the logic of supply and demand (at the right price) makes less sense than her emotional attachment to being from a seafaring family. Brexit is a romantic notion that appeals to a small world view and makes no sense to me but then neither does Trumps Make America Grotesque again.

thornaby

Insurance Journal

Etc

I have no clue. Ask an economist and try not to believe The Mail. You also have no clue as to any benefits from Brexit apart from no free movement and blue passports.

What I can tell you is a sad fact that we are making redundancies over the next few months because the roles will no longer exist in the U.K.

We are having to move their jobs to the EU. Not a lot of skilled workers involved as the roles are simple so relocation for them isn’t an option.

Some of our clients have insisted despite our best efforts to persuade them otherwise that we supply from within the EU. It’s nothing to do with price or quality. They don’t have to deal with Brexit so choosing not to. It’s just in time stuff so they don’t want the hassle .

Boris didn’t account for the people of Europe not being interested in Brexit in his plan did he!

So yes feel free to get close to our ex employees at the job centre I’m sure they will be fucking delighted Brexit is done.

"

sorry I don’t read the mail mate I just asked a question like you say I or you can’t say how many jobs will go due to brexit the government will no doubt blame them on COVID it be interesting to see in a yrs time if employment is down or up tho

Manchester

Insurance Journal

Etc

sorry I don’t read the mail mate I just asked a question like you say I or you can’t say how many jobs will go due to brexit the government will no doubt blame them on COVID it be interesting to see in a yrs time if employment is down or up tho "

Sorry to be sharp it’s just getting me down as I’m at the sharp end of this Brexit bollocks. This is not just starting to cost it’s starting to hurt real people now and the reality stings when it’s not just theoretical statistics.

thornaby

Insurance Journal

Etc

sorry I don’t read the mail mate I just asked a question like you say I or you can’t say how many jobs will go due to brexit the government will no doubt blame them on COVID it be interesting to see in a yrs time if employment is down or up tho

Sorry to be sharp it’s just getting me down as I’m at the sharp end of this Brexit bollocks. This is not just starting to cost it’s starting to hurt real people now and the reality stings when it’s not just theoretical statistics. "

I know mate but like I said earlier a lot of these ppl would of voted leave ppl on here seem to think only ppl they don’t know voted leave but everyone as family work mates Friends who voted for it so no point blaming ppl now we don’t even know if or what deal we may get yet only few weeks to go and Atleast them we will have a clue

Manchester

Insurance Journal

Etc

Sorry to be sharp it’s just getting me down as I’m at the sharp end of this Brexit bollocks. This is not just starting to cost it’s starting to hurt real people now and the reality stings when it’s not just theoretical statistics. I know mate but like I said earlier a lot of these ppl would of voted leave ppl on here seem to think only ppl they don’t know voted leave but everyone as family work mates Friends who voted for it so no point blaming ppl now we don’t even know if or what deal we may get yet only few weeks to go and Atleast them we will have a clue "

Even with a deal we will have extra costs and processes. I’m in a few trade groups and I’m not alone in noticing jobs are a leap easy moving.

I hope Boris can create jobs to replace them but Judging by his performance so far on anything other than get Brexit done I’m not holding my breath.

He’s not good enough for our country. The Tories must have someone better surely to god.

In 2019 the fisheries industry accounted for 0.12% of UK GDP, just over a tenth of one percent and we are risking economic ruin because of it.

This coountry needs to fucking grow up.

Manchester

Insurance Journal

Etc

Sorry to be sharp it’s just getting me down as I’m at the sharp end of this Brexit bollocks. This is not just starting to cost it’s starting to hurt real people now and the reality stings when it’s not just theoretical statistics. I know mate but like I said earlier a lot of these ppl would of voted leave ppl on here seem to think only ppl they don’t know voted leave but everyone as family work mates Friends who voted for it so no point blaming ppl now we don’t even know if or what deal we may get yet only few weeks to go and Atleast them we will have a clue

Even with a deal we will have extra costs and processes. I’m in a few trade groups and I’m not alone in noticing jobs are a leap easy moving.

I hope Boris can create jobs to replace them but Judging by his performance so far on anything other than get Brexit done I’m not holding my breath.

He’s not good enough for our country. The Tories must have someone better surely to god. "

Sorry

Notice jobs are slowly moving . Leap easy ???

thornaby

Insurance Journal

Etc

Sorry to be sharp it’s just getting me down as I’m at the sharp end of this Brexit bollocks. This is not just starting to cost it’s starting to hurt real people now and the reality stings when it’s not just theoretical statistics. I know mate but like I said earlier a lot of these ppl would of voted leave ppl on here seem to think only ppl they don’t know voted leave but everyone as family work mates Friends who voted for it so no point blaming ppl now we don’t even know if or what deal we may get yet only few weeks to go and Atleast them we will have a clue

He’s not good enough for our country. The Tories must have someone better surely to god.

Sorry

Notice jobs are slowly moving . Leap easy ??? "

haha atleast ya didn’t delete it and start again bud lol I agree with you blowjob can’t be the best we have I voted for him just to get it done I hold my hands up fingers crossed he is out soon after I’m not holding my breath tho

Manchester

Insurance Journal

Etc

Sorry

Notice jobs are slowly moving . Leap easy ??? haha atleast ya didn’t delete it and start again bud lol I agree with you blowjob can’t be the best we have I voted for him just to get it done I hold my hands up fingers crossed he is out soon after I’m not holding my breath tho "

If it ends up a mess or just makes us worse off will you blame him?

thornaby

Insurance Journal

Etc

Sorry

Notice jobs are slowly moving . Leap easy ??? haha atleast ya didn’t delete it and start again bud lol I agree with you blowjob can’t be the best we have I voted for him just to get it done I hold my hands up fingers crossed he is out soon after I’m not holding my breath tho

If it ends up a mess or just makes us worse off will you blame him? "

well if it’s a mess then he as to be blamed he’s the leader the buck stips with him

liverpool

Insurance Journal

Etc

Sorry

Notice jobs are slowly moving . Leap easy ??? haha atleast ya didn’t delete it and start again bud lol I agree with you blowjob can’t be the best we have I voted for him just to get it done I hold my hands up fingers crossed he is out soon after I’m not holding my breath tho

If it ends up a mess or just makes us worse off will you blame him? well if it’s a mess then he as to be blamed he’s the leader the buck stips with him "

Sorry I just fell of my chair laughing.

The day boris takes responsibility..the devil will Ice skate to work

thornaby

Insurance Journal

Etc

Sorry

If it ends up a mess or just makes us worse off will you blame him? well if it’s a mess then he as to be blamed he’s the leader the buck stips with him

"

haha I was asked would I blame him not would he take the blame ffslionel it’s Tuesday night I’m not pissed asif he would take the blame lol

liverpool

Insurance Journal

Etc

Sorry

If it ends up a mess or just makes us worse off will you blame him? well if it’s a mess then he as to be blamed he’s the leader the buck stips with him

haha I was asked would I blame him not would he take the blame ffslionel it’s Tuesday night I’m not pissed asif he would take the blame lol"

I stand corrected

It's been a cunt of a day

Manchester

Insurance Journal

Etc

Sorry

haha I was asked would I blame him not would he take the blame ffslionel it’s Tuesday night I’m not pissed asif he would take the blame lol

I stand corrected

It's been a cunt of a day "

Grab a drink Lionel

I am as I’ve been a bit snappy today.

We’re all on fab so most of us must be alrightish!

thornaby

Insurance Journal

Etc

Sorry

I stand corrected

It's been a cunt of a day "

it’s been a cunt of a year mate lol

the wetlands

I don't think it's about fishing I think it's how big Boris thinks his cock is

I've a feeling that he'll come bursting out of the doors on Friday after isolating welcoming the end of lockdown and announce his fantastic deal that was hard won but actually his cock is tiny and Mays deal was superior.

Manchester

I've a feeling that he'll come bursting out of the doors on Friday after isolating welcoming the end of lockdown and announce his fantastic deal that was hard won but actually his cock is tiny and Mays deal was superior.

"

Not sure about his cock and definitely don’t want to find out but suspect May had the better deal . Not sure how Northern Ireland is going to pan out though. If we get a deal will Boris drop his Bill?

near ipswich

So your view is yes it’s worth risking those jobs to control waters although we won’t catch anymore fish?

The beginning as it doesn’t conserve stocks efficiently anyway. The fish not allowed and caught are put back usually dead or sneaked away so a bit pointless .

However a business deal was done with those quotas sold in perpetually and your saying because we have Brexit those privacy contracts are void?

"

yes ive heard the risk jobs argument somewhere before let me think oh yeah we were going to lose 1/2 million jobs if we voted to leave funny enough unemployment went down after the result.Those scare tactics dont work any more the boy who cried wolf springs to mind.

Not sure about his cock and definitely don’t want to find out but suspect May had the better deal . Not sure how Northern Ireland is going to pan out though. If we get a deal will Boris drop his Bill? "

Boris’s Brexit ‘strategy ’ has changed since Trump lost the US election. There is no longer the option of a no deal and that is one of the reasons Cummings left. His ‘deal’ will be lauded by the Brexit fanatics but in reality it will be as bad or worse than Mays deal

yes ive heard the risk jobs argument somewhere before let me think oh yeah we were going to lose 1/2 million jobs if we voted to leave funny enough unemployment went down after the result.Those scare tactics dont work any more the boy who cried wolf springs to mind."

Who said we would lose 1/2 million jobs ?

near ipswich

yes ive heard the risk jobs argument somewhere before let me think oh yeah we were going to lose 1/2 million jobs if we voted to leave funny enough unemployment went down after the result.Those scare tactics dont work any more the boy who cried wolf springs to mind.

Who said we would lose 1/2 million jobs ? "

blimey mate you have a short memory.

Who said we would lose 1/2 million jobs ? blimey mate you have a short memory. "

I have, can you remind me who said it?

near ipswich

Who said we would lose 1/2 million jobs ? blimey mate you have a short memory.

I have, can you remind me who said it? "

sure the treasury said 500,000 and G Osborne went even further and said 820,000 all part of the remain scare tactics.

I have, can you remind me who said it? sure the treasury said 500,000 and G Osborne went even further and said 820,000 all part of the remain scare tactics."

A Tory chancellor? No wonder I didn’t believe him

near ipswich

I have, can you remind me who said it? sure the treasury said 500,000 and G Osborne went even further and said 820,000 all part of the remain scare tactics.

A Tory chancellor? No wonder I didn’t believe him "

well neither did i because it was total bullshit but all part of the remain campaign

I have, can you remind me who said it? sure the treasury said 500,000 and G Osborne went even further and said 820,000 all part of the remain scare tactics.

A Tory chancellor? No wonder I didn’t believe him well neither did i because it was total bullshit but all part of the remain campaign "

I bet you voted for him and Cameron though? Did he say the job loses would be immediate or over a period of time?

near ipswich

Maybe you believed the guardian then seems like your kind of newspaper they predicted 1 million job loses .

"Maybe you believed the guardian then seems like your kind of newspaper they predicted 1 million job loses . "

Nah, I don’t read the guardian, did you vote for Cameron ?

near ipswich

A Tory chancellor? No wonder I didn’t believe him well neither did i because it was total bullshit but all part of the remain campaign

I bet you voted for him and Cameron though? Did he say the job loses would be immediate or over a period of time? "

He said over a period of 2 years in fact employment rose from Q2 2016 31.7 million employed to Q2 2019 32.8 million a rise of 1.1 million a big difference from 820,000 lost.So dont ask me to believe anything about job loses i didnt fall for it the 1st time and wont this time either.

near ipswich

"Maybe you believed the guardian then seems like your kind of newspaper they predicted 1 million job loses .

Nah, I don’t read the guardian, did you vote for Cameron ? "

i would have but was sailing around the Caribbean the run up to the election and was mid atlantic polling day.

A Tory chancellor? No wonder I didn’t believe him well neither did i because it was total bullshit but all part of the remain campaign

I bet you voted for him and Cameron though? Did he say the job loses would be immediate or over a period of time? He said over a period of 2 years in fact employment rose from Q2 2016 31.7 million employed to Q2 2019 32.8 million a rise of 1.1 million a big difference from 820,000 lost.So dont ask me to believe anything about job loses i didnt fall for it the 1st time and wont this time either. "

You voted for him and Cameron? Maybe Osbourne lied about the need for austerity as well? When did we officially leave the EU?

"Maybe you believed the guardian then seems like your kind of newspaper they predicted 1 million job loses .

Nah, I don’t read the guardian, did you vote for Cameron ? i would have but was sailing around the Caribbean the run up to the election and was mid atlantic polling day. "

Very nice, you dodge a bullet there, i don’t think anyone would admit to voting for someone they knew was a liar

near ipswich

I bet you voted for him and Cameron though? Did he say the job loses would be immediate or over a period of time? He said over a period of 2 years in fact employment rose from Q2 2016 31.7 million employed to Q2 2019 32.8 million a rise of 1.1 million a big difference from 820,000 lost.So dont ask me to believe anything about job loses i didnt fall for it the 1st time and wont this time either.

You voted for him and Cameron? Maybe Osbourne lied about the need for austerity as well? When did we officially leave the EU? "

you dont seem to know a lot about brexit look it up im not a teacher.

near ipswich

Nah, I don’t read the guardian, did you vote for Cameron ? i would have but was sailing around the Caribbean the run up to the election and was mid atlantic polling day.

Very nice, you dodge a bullet there, i don’t think anyone would admit to voting for someone they knew was a liar "

I said i would have just wasnt possible.You seem to be mistaken yet again Cameron was elected in 2010 way before any brexit talks.

I bet you voted for him and Cameron though? Did he say the job loses would be immediate or over a period of time? He said over a period of 2 years in fact employment rose from Q2 2016 31.7 million employed to Q2 2019 32.8 million a rise of 1.1 million a big difference from 820,000 lost.So dont ask me to believe anything about job loses i didnt fall for it the 1st time and wont this time either.

You voted for him and Cameron? Maybe Osbourne lied about the need for austerity as well? When did we officially leave the EU? you dont seem to know a lot about brexit look it up im not a teacher."

I know, it gets confusing, you voted for it so I thought you would know the answer. We left at the start of the year? Why are you using employment stats from 2016-2017?

Nah, I don’t read the guardian, did you vote for Cameron ? i would have but was sailing around the Caribbean the run up to the election and was mid atlantic polling day.

Very nice, you dodge a bullet there, i don’t think anyone would admit to voting for someone they knew was a liar I said i would have just wasnt possible.You seem to be mistaken yet again Cameron was elected in 2010 way before any brexit talks. "

And again in 2015? I guess he and Osbourne thought their lies would work on their Tory voters

near ipswich

You voted for him and Cameron? Maybe Osbourne lied about the need for austerity as well? When did we officially leave the EU? you dont seem to know a lot about brexit look it up im not a teacher.

I know, it gets confusing, you voted for it so I thought you would know the answer. We left at the start of the year? Why are you using employment stats from 2016-2017? "

Its like banging my head against a wall with you i used the to demonstrate that we were told the job loses would occur if we voted to leave not when we left but i think you really understand that and just need someone to talk to.

You voted for him and Cameron? Maybe Osbourne lied about the need for austerity as well? When did we officially leave the EU? you dont seem to know a lot about brexit look it up im not a teacher.

I know, it gets confusing, you voted for it so I thought you would know the answer. We left at the start of the year? Why are you using employment stats from 2016-2017? Its like banging my head against a wall with you i used the to demonstrate that we were told the job loses would occur if we voted to leave not when we left but i think you really understand that and just need someone to talk to."

Is that what Osbourne said? He is obviously even more stupid than I originally thought, imagine having him as our chancellor, embarrassing

near ipswich

I know, it gets confusing, you voted for it so I thought you would know the answer. We left at the start of the year? Why are you using employment stats from 2016-2017? Its like banging my head against a wall with you i used the to demonstrate that we were told the job loses would occur if we voted to leave not when we left but i think you really understand that and just need someone to talk to.

Is that what Osbourne said? He is obviously even more stupid than I originally thought, imagine having him as our chancellor, embarrassing "

Good job we have rishi now and he is saying dont do a deal if its not right for the uk my kind of guy.

I know, it gets confusing, you voted for it so I thought you would know the answer. We left at the start of the year? Why are you using employment stats from 2016-2017? Its like banging my head against a wall with you i used the to demonstrate that we were told the job loses would occur if we voted to leave not when we left but i think you really understand that and just need someone to talk to.

Is that what Osbourne said? He is obviously even more stupid than I originally thought, imagine having him as our chancellor, embarrassing Good job we have rishi now and he is saying dont do a deal if its not right for the uk my kind of guy."

Ah yeah, He is obviously better than the idiots Osbourne & Cameron, now they were stupid , imagine voting for those 2

Is that what Osbourne said? He is obviously even more stupid than I originally thought, imagine having him as our chancellor, embarrassing Good job we have rishi now and he is saying dont do a deal if its not right for the uk my kind of guy."

Yep you have got the ‘dream team’ in charge of Brexir now, it won’t be long until we get this ‘great deal’ , no excuses, no one to blame now

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

Who “owns” fish anyway?

Is it where they spawn?

Where they migrate to?

Where they breed?

Where they mature?

Fish travel thousands of miles.

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

"Who “owns” fish anyway?

Is it where they spawn?

Where they migrate to?

Where they breed?

Where they mature?

Fish travel thousands of miles."

Who ever owns the waters they are caught in

North West

"Who “owns” fish anyway?

Is it where they spawn?

Where they migrate to?

Where they breed?

Where they mature?

Who ever owns the waters they are caught in"

I reckon that could open to legal interpretation and equates to river water ownership.

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

"Who “owns” fish anyway?

Is it where they spawn?

Where they migrate to?

Where they breed?

Where they mature?

I reckon that could open to legal interpretation and equates to river water ownership."

My bad I assumed you was talking about sea fish

the wetlands

"Who “owns” fish anyway?

Is it where they spawn?

Where they migrate to?

Where they breed?

Where they mature?

I reckon that could open to legal interpretation and equates to river water ownership."

The crown estate owns the seabed from 12 miles offshore to the high waterline they dont own the water.

Even if a river flows through your garden you dont own it or the water in it as I found out when I wanted to install a water turbine in "ours"

Totally irrelevant to the topic though.

North West

"Who “owns” fish anyway?

Is it where they spawn?

Where they migrate to?

Where they breed?

Where they mature?

I reckon that could open to legal interpretation and equates to river water ownership.

The crown estate owns the seabed from 12 miles offshore to the high waterline they dont own the water.

Even if a river flows through your garden you dont own it or the water in it as I found out when I wanted to install a water turbine in "ours"

Totally irrelevant to the topic though."

Not at all irrelevant from a legal argument.

If a salmon is spawned in an Irish riverbed, is its birthplace Ireland? If it travels as a young salmon to the west coast of Norway to mate is its spawn Norweigan? What about the female salmon heading back to Ireland but which get caught of the west coast of Scotland - is it Scottish?

The argument about river water as analogies.

Water emerges from a spring in the mountains of central Africa. It passes through six countries before spilling into the Indian ocean. Who owns that water? Who had the right to irrigate it, damn it and/or drink it?

By *couseratMan  over a year ago

Eastbourne

I would like to think all the talk of Nissan and the other car manufacturers not closing UK plants, but I still have the feeling they will close them down.

Why pay the UK going rate of wages, when they can go elsewhere and pay staff half of our wages.

» Add a new message to this topic