FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Deal

Deal

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So it now looks likely we will be getting a deal with the EU for Xmas. What type of deal are we hoping for and will it be better , worse or the same as the be one we used to have ?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

how many times have you reposted this question, do you keep count or dont you know you are doing it?

"how many times have you reposted this question, do you keep count or dont you know you are doing it? "

This is the first time, my previous thread was about a deal or a no deal. Anyway, it looks like a deal is imminent, what are you hoping for ?

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"how many times have you reposted this question, do you keep count or dont you know you are doing it?

This is the first time, my previous thread was about a deal or a no deal. Anyway, it looks like a deal is imminent, what are you hoping for ? "

any deal for me then we can crack on doing deals across the world would t you want that bud ?

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Habent we made significant concessions?

Yep I'm sure we held all the cards

Maybe they finally saw the utter shitstorm a no deal would bring

Even if we get a deal there will be a huge backlash.. the brexiteers will be fuming and most sane people will ask why he took us to the brink of disaster.

He will be toast in months.

"how many times have you reposted this question, do you keep count or dont you know you are doing it?

This is the first time, my previous thread was about a deal or a no deal. Anyway, it looks like a deal is imminent, what are you hoping for ? any deal for me then we can crack on doing deals across the world would t you want that bud ?"

I agree, any deal is better then a no deal, I am just glad and relieved that it looks like they have managed to agree on something.

near ipswich

This is the first time, my previous thread was about a deal or a no deal. Anyway, it looks like a deal is imminent, what are you hoping for ? "

Told you many times before to your same question on many threads i dont care,we are free from the shackles to trade with the world.

"Habent we made significant concessions?

Even if we get a deal there will be a huge backlash.. the brexiteers will be fuming and most sane people will ask why he took us to the brink of disaster.

He will be toast in months."

True, and the worst part of all this is the fact that Farage will probably rename his latest party ‘The Real Brexit Party’ and we will have you listen to his shit for a few more years .

This is the first time, my previous thread was about a deal or a no deal. Anyway, it looks like a deal is imminent, what are you hoping for ? Told you many times before to your same question on many threads i dont care,we are free from the shackles to trade with the world. "

So you don’t care what deal we get? I thought that would be quite important to a leave voter?

liverpool

True, and the worst part of all this is the fact that Farage will probably rename his latest party ‘The Real Brexit Party’ and we will have you listen to his shit for a few more years . "

Hopefully he will bring the cunts down

near ipswich

This is the first time, my previous thread was about a deal or a no deal. Anyway, it looks like a deal is imminent, what are you hoping for ? Told you many times before to your same question on many threads i dont care,we are free from the shackles to trade with the world.

So you don’t care what deal we get? I thought that would be quite important to a leave voter? "

you know my feeling mate we have spent hours back and forth over this question. I know you like talking to me but just go back over your posts you will see my answers.

This is the first time, my previous thread was about a deal or a no deal. Anyway, it looks like a deal is imminent, what are you hoping for ? Told you many times before to your same question on many threads i dont care,we are free from the shackles to trade with the world.

So you don’t care what deal we get? I thought that would be quite important to a leave voter? you know my feeling mate we have spent hours back and forth over this question. I know you like talking to me but just go back over your posts you will see my answers. "

The only answer you give is that ‘you don’t care what deal we get’? Didn’t you think we would get a ‘Canada type ‘ deal?

True, and the worst part of all this is the fact that Farage will probably rename his latest party ‘The Real Brexit Party’ and we will have you listen to his shit for a few more years .

Hopefully he will bring the cunts down"

If there is a deal there is no way he will accept it, it is also unlikely that the ERG will be happy either.

liverpool

If there is a deal there is no way he will accept it, it is also unlikely that the ERG will be happy either. "

Nope..Farage was bleating about how great a new deal was only yesterday

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

The money markets think something is happening

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If there is a deal there is no way he will accept it, it is also unlikely that the ERG will be happy either. "

Unless the deal has a clause making it legal for ERG types to hunt poor people on council estate safari's. Then they won't be happy.

thornaby

True, and the worst part of all this is the fact that Farage will probably rename his latest party ‘The Real Brexit Party’ and we will have you listen to his shit for a few more years . "

garage will be irrelevant once we get this deal the only time people will hear about him is if they look for news about him can’t ever remember the last time I seen him on the news or tv he’s just a ghost story remainers like to tell there kids about now lol

True, and the worst part of all this is the fact that Farage will probably rename his latest party ‘The Real Brexit Party’ and we will have you listen to his shit for a few more years . garage will be irrelevant once we get this deal the only time people will hear about him is if they look for news about him can’t ever remember the last time I seen him on the news or tv he’s just a ghost story remainers like to tell there kids about now lol"

Farage will be back deal or No-Deal, don't kid yourself he won't be. He's the classic guy that never gets real power so can always say he'd have done it another way. Even if in reality there was never a good way some clowns will still be all ears.

near ipswich

It seems its only remainers who keep going on about him.

By *9alMan  over a year ago

Bridgend

why has it taken 4 years to get a bad deal?

"It seems its only remainers who keep going on about him. "

Foxy did but but Garage that may have confused you.

Are you saying he's not going to be back?

"why has it taken 4 years to get a bad deal? "

Why do you think?

thornaby

"It seems its only remainers who keep going on about him.

Are you saying he's not going to be back?"

I think you will find if you read all the posts buddy I was replying to someone else who mentioned him he’s history not relevant let him go lol

"why has it taken 4 years to get a bad deal? "

Have you read it?

liverpool

Are you saying he's not going to be back?I think you will find if you read all the posts buddy I was replying to someone else who mentioned him he’s history not relevant let him go lol"

He had a column in the telegraph yday.

thornaby

Are you saying he's not going to be back?I think you will find if you read all the posts buddy I was replying to someone else who mentioned him he’s history not relevant let him go lol

He had a column in the telegraph yday."

who doesn’t have a column who cares it’s remainders that mention him he’s as relavent as corbyn he’s a hasbeen

thornaby

Remainers lol

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"So it now looks likely we will be getting a deal with the EU for Xmas. What type of deal are we hoping for and will it be better , worse or the same as the be one we used to have ?"
a deal wll be great we can modufy in the future,Boris keeps his word as I thought he would.

Now lets beat the virus more important

liverpool

Are you saying he's not going to be back?I think you will find if you read all the posts buddy I was replying to someone else who mentioned him he’s history not relevant let him go lol

He had a column in the telegraph yday.who doesn’t have a column who cares it’s remainders that mention him he’s as relavent as corbyn he’s a hasbeen "

We will see

His flirtation with trump fell flat and him and his acolytes wont be happy with a deal

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

He had a column in the telegraph yday.who doesn’t have a column who cares it’s remainders that mention him he’s as relavent as corbyn he’s a hasbeen

We will see

His flirtation with trump fell flat and him and his acolytes wont be happy with a deal"

Still moaning

By *dsindyTV/TS  over a year ago

East Lancashire

"So it now looks likely we will be getting a deal with the EU for Xmas. What type of deal are we hoping for and will it be better , worse or the same as the be one we used to have ?a deal wll be great we can modufy in the future,Boris keeps his word as I thought he would.

Now lets beat the virus more important"

Boris keeps his word? Is that word we shall agree to a deal, but change it if we dont like how it's going? That's what you seem to imply when you say modufy (I am assuming you mean modify)

liverpool

He had a column in the telegraph yday.who doesn’t have a column who cares it’s remainders that mention him he’s as relavent as corbyn he’s a hasbeen

We will see

His flirtation with trump fell flat and him and his acolytes wont be happy with a dealStill moaning"

What are you on about?

Looks like out of the customs Union, the single market and and free of the ECJ but with tariff free access and quotas (and a deal that is better than Canada's by the way), what more do we want

liverpool

Express saying we are getting 25% of fishing rights when we we asked for 35%

Quite a bit of stuff being redacted apparently.

Good luck trying to cut through all the spin..this will be painted as a victory but its amazing how quickly it was done once we saw the damage the blockade did.

The truth will be in the pudding..2,3,4..10 years down the line

By *uliaChrisCouple  over a year ago

westerham

"So it now looks likely we will be getting a deal with the EU for Xmas. What type of deal are we hoping for and will it be better , worse or the same as the be one we used to have ?"

Tell you what OP, why don’t you tell us all what the right answer is first?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

My genuine and sincerest wish is that we as a country will do well after this, I will ignore the clichés and over promised flim flam from Boris that will be all over the media later..

I think it's far too early even for the most blinkered arch brexiteer to be giving it big fuck off hallelujah's but some will..

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

Well it appears tariff free trade is there is that not what all the remainers said we wouldn’t get?

Anyway my logic says that if we have agreed to free movement it may well transpire that we have also agreed to keep the % duty tariffs on non EU goods in lane with the EU or we’d get an advantage in world trade movements.

Fishing looks to be a phased transfer over a number of years.

Europe can now March onward to its more federal dream, just without us.

I still think the EU as it stands will be finished inside ten years. They need to make bigger changes than they are willing to do at present.

S

liverpool

And the spin begins

West Wales

"And the spin begins"

We’ve just got to wait until it’s in black & white so those that want to (like me) can go over it ourselves & not just believe the “Main Course” items which is all we’ll get from the mainstream media.

It’ll still be like watching a Tommy Cooper bottle gag though.

S

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

"Well it appears tariff free trade is there is that not what all the remainers said we wouldn’t get?

Anyway my logic says that if we have agreed to free movement it may well transpire that we have also agreed to keep the % duty tariffs on non EU goods in lane with the EU or we’d get an advantage in world trade movements.

Fishing looks to be a phased transfer over a number of years.

Europe can now March onward to its more federal dream, just without us.

I still think the EU as it stands will be finished inside ten years. They need to make bigger changes than they are willing to do at present.

S"

No, stop spreading nonsense. All remainers didn't think we wouldn't get tariff free trade. A No Deal would have given us that.

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

"Express saying we are getting 25% of fishing rights when we we asked for 35%

Good luck trying to cut through all the spin..this will be painted as a victory but its amazing how quickly it was done once we saw the damage the blockade did.

The truth will be in the pudding..2,3,4..10 years down the line "

Compromise on both sides as is normal. The BBC reporting the Fishing changes are to be phased in over 5 years with the uk ending up with around 2 thirds of the total. I think the 25 percent is just year 1. Also hear the EU have now dropped their insistence for the ECJ to resolve any disputes instead it will be international. Must wait until we know more though as still speculation

Deal done

Nice one Boris

near ipswich

happy xmas nice one boris.

Grantham

3pm press conference

Thank f_ck we haven't got people like Cameron or May or Starmer running the country, they would have caved in months ago. Remainers be grateful

Grantham

UvdL and MB briefing in Brussels at the moment.

liverpool

Let me guess..I'm now going to reveal my shiny new brexit deal.

Which I will get around to reading in a few months..when I'll realise how shite is is..and blame the eu

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Whilst not over the moon about Brexit.

Let’s hope we can move forward a little now it’s nearly all done with.

thornaby

"Let me guess..I'm now going to reveal my shiny new brexit deal.

Which I will get around to reading in a few months..when I'll realise how shite is is..and blame the eu"

not like you to be moaning on Xmas eve Lionel makes no difference what the deal is yr going to moan it’s just in yr DNA buddy

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

It is oven ready, lets hope it doesn’t get burnt tomorrow

West Wales

"Express saying we are getting 25% of fishing rights when we we asked for 35%

The truth will be in the pudding..2,3,4..10 years down the line

Compromise on both sides as is normal. The BBC reporting the Fishing changes are to be phased in over 5 years with the uk ending up with around 2 thirds of the total. I think the 25 percent is just year 1. Also hear the EU have now dropped their insistence for the ECJ to resolve any disputes instead it will be international. Must wait until we know more though as still speculation"

From what I read elsewhere 25% is approx five times our allowance now overnight, but of course it’s a disaster

In which case can I have a disastrous pay rise next year please Santa?

S

liverpool

"Let me guess..I'm now going to reveal my shiny new brexit deal.

Which I will get around to reading in a few months..when I'll realise how shite is is..and blame the eunot like you to be moaning on Xmas eve Lionel makes no difference what the deal is yr going to moan it’s just in yr DNA buddy "

I'm not moaning in the slightest.. I gave 100%faith in boris.

All will be back to a fortnight's holiday a year shortly...

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Devil will be in the details but it's funny how some who were saying over four years ago that it would be a walk in the park as they need us etc are now just glad we didn't fall off the cliff of no deal..

Over promised, failed to deliver and let's see what has been done before the bunting is hung eh..

near ipswich

"Devil will be in the details but it's funny how some who were saying over four years ago that it would be a walk in the park as they need us etc are now just glad we didn't fall off the cliff of no deal..

Over promised, failed to deliver and let's see what has been done before the bunting is hung eh.."

I think it proves that they needed us

liverpool

Trimumphentalsm of the scale when no one has a clue what the future brings.

Hanging on every word of a name who has lied all his life.

Shocked I am.shocked.

And people wonder why Brexit is so decisive.

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

"Devil will be in the details but it's funny how some who were saying over four years ago that it would be a walk in the park as they need us etc are now just glad we didn't fall off the cliff of no deal..

Over promised, failed to deliver and let's see what has been done before the bunting is hung eh..I think it proves that they needed us "

Good to see it finally done. Time to move on

near ipswich

Over promised, failed to deliver and let's see what has been done before the bunting is hung eh..I think it proves that they needed us

Good to see it finally done. Time to move on "

some wont.

westerham

Over promised, failed to deliver and let's see what has been done before the bunting is hung eh..I think it proves that they needed us

Good to see it finally done. Time to move on some wont. "

It’s gone awfully quiet in Manchester

Good to see it finally done. Time to move on "

Are you suggesting that the negative effects of brexit are all behind us?

near ipswich

"

All the ones people have been spouting on here tariffs,no deal etc.Tiss the season to be jolly remainers none of your fears came to pass.

West Wales

All the ones people have been spouting on here tariffs,no deal etc.Tiss the season to be jolly remainers none of your fears came to pass. "

It’s human nature for those losing votes /elections/referendums to then pick holes in the other side.

Let’s be honest if the EU said “Here’s all your money back from the last forty years, you can have free trade & UK fishing rights will extend to 100mtrs off the coast of every European country. But.

There’s a big bucket of shit someone has to dispose of everyday & that someone is the U.K...

You’d complain about the bucket of shit..

S

All the ones people have been spouting on here tariffs,no deal etc.Tiss the season to be jolly remainers none of your fears came to pass. "

So it didn't cost the economy billions this year, we haven't lost the freedom to live and work in the EU, we still have the protections for environmental, food and quality standards, we still have protections for human and workers rights?

Wow.

Although a deal is better than no deal, it's still shit compared to what we had.

westerham

All the ones people have been spouting on here tariffs,no deal etc.Tiss the season to be jolly remainers none of your fears came to pass.

So it didn't cost the economy billions this year, we haven't lost the freedom to live and work in the EU, we still have the protections for environmental, food and quality standards, we still have protections for human and workers rights?

Wow.

Although a deal is better than no deal, it's still shit compared to what we had."

Come on be happy

Wow.

Although a deal is better than no deal, it's still shit compared to what we had.

Come on be happy "

If I voted to make you poorer, and for you to have less rights, then at the last moment you had a minor decrease in the amount you would be poorer. How would you feel?

thornaby

Wow.

Although a deal is better than no deal, it's still shit compared to what we had."

why can’t you live and work in the eu now then ?

Wow.

Although a deal is better than no deal, it's still shit compared to what we had.why can’t you live and work in the eu now then ?"

I don't know if you've seen this Brexit thing?

Part of leaving the EU was to remove the freedom of movement.

Here's some info on what is happening for each of the EU countries in terms of UK residents.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-nationals-living-eu

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

The lack of an agreement on services will hurt our economy badly. And that's just one thing the deal doesn't cover.

thornaby

Wow.

Although a deal is better than no deal, it's still shit compared to what we had.why can’t you live and work in the eu now then ?

Here's some info on what is happening for each of the EU countries in terms of UK residents.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-nationals-living-eu "

to live in the eu now you have to apply through normal channels and if you have the skills you need a work permit so I don’t know if you’ve seen this Brexit thing mate nothing about can’t you just have to go through there process

Wow.

Although a deal is better than no deal, it's still shit compared to what we had.why can’t you live and work in the eu now then ?

https://www.gov.uk/uk-nationals-living-eu to live in the eu now you have to apply through normal channels and if you have the skills you need a work permit so I don’t know if you’ve seen this Brexit thing mate nothing about can’t you just have to go through there process "

Yeah so as I said, we've lost the freedom to live and work in the EU.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

If you have the skills they need you can still do both, long before freedom of movement people moved to and worked in different countries,

West Wales

"If you have the skills they need you can still do both, long before freedom of movement people moved to and worked in different countries, "

Funny that huh? The way some go on you’d think no fucker travelled abroad to live & work before 1970!

S

By *ssexbloke72Man  over a year ago

Poplar

Wow.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-nationals-living-eu to live in the eu now you have to apply through normal channels and if you have the skills you need a work permit so I don’t know if you’ve seen this Brexit thing mate nothing about can’t you just have to go through there process

Yeah so as I said, we've lost the freedom to live and work in the EU. "

I see that as a plus as I vote to leave to stop that.

By *wosmilersCouple  over a year ago

Heathrowish

" Yeah so as I said, we've lost the freedom to live and work in the EU. "

Really?

Explain how the EU has so many non EU citizens working within it's borders.

Explain the large number of Russians, Ukrainians and Canadians living in the South of France.

Not sure whether this was the best argument to object to a Treaty that none of us have read.

" Yeah so as I said, we've lost the freedom to live and work in the EU.

Really?

Explain the large number of Russians, Ukrainians and Canadians living in the South of France.

Not sure whether this was the best argument to object to a Treaty that none of us have read."

It was one of many points.

I don't wish to spend all day answering your random unrelated questions.

Merry Christmas

Wow.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-nationals-living-eu to live in the eu now you have to apply through normal channels and if you have the skills you need a work permit so I don’t know if you’ve seen this Brexit thing mate nothing about can’t you just have to go through there process

I see that as a plus as I vote to leave to stop that. "

At least you're honest about it.

Merry Christmas

westerham

Really?

Not sure whether this was the best argument to object to a Treaty that none of us have read.

Merry Christmas"

You’ve lost a bit of your usual spunk today

Not enough to moan about ?

Really?

Merry Christmas

You’ve lost a bit of your usual spunk today

Not enough to moan about ?"

Always got plenty to moan about! Just mellowed cos of the Guinness and mince pies.

By *oyle desiring dickWoman  over a year ago

a caffeinated bubble

After reviewing the detail.... what a cluster fuck

Brexshit was already the worst idea of the millennium and their "deal" just shows how moronic people are!

Devastated and dismayed

bournemouth

"After reviewing the detail.... what a cluster fuck

Brexshit was already the worst idea of the millennium and their "deal" just shows how moronic people are!

Devastated and dismayed"

Said the independent person, have you read all 2000 pages?

Grantham

Devastated and dismayed

Said the independent person, have you read all 2000 pages? "

No one has. Its not been published yet!

By *ucianpoundCouple  over a year ago

Cap d’Agde, France

Boris, you’re a genius !

Not really ‘cause everybody knew there had to be a deal.

Sadly the best deal the UK could have got would have been to stay in the EU.

Forget the fisheries and level playing field, the wealth of the UK came from banking and services.

Money will follow money though, the City won’t be losing out too much to Paris or Frankfort, the big winners are New York and the Asian stock markets.

westerham

"Boris, you’re a genius !

Not really ‘cause everybody knew there had to be a deal.

Sadly the best deal the UK could have got would have been to stay in the EU.

Forget the fisheries and level playing field, the wealth of the UK came from banking and services.

Money will follow money though, the City won’t be losing out too much to Paris or Frankfort, the big winners are New York and the Asian stock markets."

Not unless they change the time zones they won’t

By *exy couple128Couple  over a year ago

Scarborough

Turkey and beef for dinner tomorrow! Poor Lionel's eating his words about not getting a deal, He'll be crying in his copy of Socialist Worker. Never mind you can always leave the country!!!!

By *oyle desiring dickWoman  over a year ago

a caffeinated bubble

Devastated and dismayed

Said the independent person, have you read all 2000 pages? "

Wow you must have been a leave voter!

I have read what has been announced and the impact it will have on trade and education primarily.

That good enough for you??

liverpool

"Turkey and beef for dinner tomorrow! Poor Lionel's eating his words about not getting a deal, He'll be crying in his copy of Socialist Worker. Never mind you can always leave the country!!!! "

Sorry..and you are?

liverpool

Devastated and dismayed

No one has. Its not been published yet! "

Yet the brexiteers are celebrating already

Which seems strange as they all seemed quite happy with a no deal.

Anyone with half a brain knows we wont know the full impact for a few years down the road.

Poplar

Devastated and dismayed

Anyone with half a brain knows we wont know the full impact for a few years down the road."

Come on Lionel you must be happy at least a little bit. After all this is the UK's 59th trade deal agreed since January.

liverpool

Devastated and dismayed

Anyone with half a brain knows we wont know the full impact for a few years down the road.

Come on Lionel you must be happy at least a little bit. After all this is the UK's 59th trade deal agreed since January. "

I'm glad we havent pushed ourselves into the abyss .which you all seemed quite happy with.

Time will tell if it's a good deal or not yet.

Wow.

Yeah so as I said, we've lost the freedom to live and work in the EU. "

I don't see how you've lost it. That's quite incorrect, more truthful to say there are new rules and more control than there was before. You'll still be allowed to work there, you'll be allowed to live there too but there will be more restrictions and control which I think is a good thing.

For those who said there would be tariffs, well there's a wee surprise, quotas haven't changed much if any too.

It would seem that the EU needed us more than many would have us believe.

I suppose now the debates will shift to how our economy is still going to collapse, how we still won't get investments, how our banks will collapse.

Maybe, just maybe Brexit isn't going to be the 'clusterfuck' so many were predicting.

Merry Christmas everyone.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"For those who said there would be tariffs, well there's a wee surprise, quotas haven't changed much if any too.

I suppose now the debates will shift to how our economy is still going to collapse, how we still won't get investments, how our banks will collapse.

Maybe, just maybe Brexit isn't going to be the 'clusterfuck' so many were predicting.

Merry Christmas everyone. "

Generally, the reason for embarking on trade talks is that both sides want to secure better market access to each others economy’s. This is the first trade deal in history that has been about erecting barriers rather than dismantling them. There will be more red tape, more friction and more non-tariff barriers.

It will prove to be an utterly pointless exercise based on “winning” an independence that we always had, and at a cost that will be felt for no tangible benefit.

"For those who said there would be tariffs, well there's a wee surprise, quotas haven't changed much if any too.

Merry Christmas everyone. "

Havent the EU.said

If The U.K starts.to play about

Tariffs.will come fast & hard

Havent the EU.said

Tariffs.will come fast & hard"

And the UK have said the same

Wow.

I don't see how you've lost it. That's quite incorrect, more truthful to say there are new rules and more control than there was before. You'll still be allowed to work there, you'll be allowed to live there too but there will be more restrictions and control which I think is a good thing."

Most people don't meet the criteria anymore.

It's sad that young people won't have the chances to experience what many British people did.

Grantham

Devastated and dismayed

I have read what has been announced and the impact it will have on trade and education primarily.

That good enough for you?? "

How so on education?

West Wales

Wow.

I don't see how you've lost it. That's quite incorrect, more truthful to say there are new rules and more control than there was before. You'll still be allowed to work there, you'll be allowed to live there too but there will be more restrictions and control which I think is a good thing.

It's sad that young people won't have the chances to experience what many British people did."

“What many British People did”

Really? All I can really see is that the no jobbers, no skills, bums won’t be able to foist themselves on another country? Whether it’s Brits leaving or Europeans coming.

No one is stopping people moving to work & live IF your skill is needed or if you are self supporting in retirement? As I read it you can still have longer holidays, travel, do student working in the summer Etc.

You fill in a piece of paper, Now you may get refused if you offer fck all to that country but is that wrong?

stop making it out to be something it’s not. You sound like you won’t get your two weeks in Spain anymore!

S

West Wales

Devastated and dismayed

How so on education? "

I presume they mean the Erasmus programme.

Wow.

It's sad that young people won't have the chances to experience what many British people did.

Really? All I can really see is that the no jobbers, no skills, bums won’t be able to foist themselves on another country? Whether it’s Brits leaving or Europeans coming.

No one is stopping people moving to work & live IF your skill is needed or if you are self supporting in retirement? As I read it you can still have longer holidays, travel, do student working in the summer Etc.

You fill in a piece of paper, Now you may get refused if you offer fck all to that country but is that wrong?

stop making it out to be something it’s not. You sound like you won’t get your two weeks in Spain anymore!

S "

Okay. You do know that the rules are largely based around your bank account. Another brexit win for the wealthy while the rest of us lose out.

When I finished school I went around the EU freely and worked in different countries. It was great.

No need to get angry that you can envisage this.

westerham

Wow.

S

Okay. You do know that the rules are largely based around your bank account. Another brexit win for the wealthy while the rest of us lose out.

When I finished school I went around the EU freely and worked in different countries. It was great.

"

But you working abroad, or particularly studying under Erasmus, wasn’t free to the rest of us. It cost the UK a fortune as many more European students came here than UK students studied abroad, and you probably took jobs away from hungry Spanish kids in return.

You really need to consider what “free” really is. Some mug always ends up paying for what you think is “free”.

Wow.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-nationals-living-eu to live in the eu now you have to apply through normal channels and if you have the skills you need a work permit so I don’t know if you’ve seen this Brexit thing mate nothing about can’t you just have to go through there process "

I wonder what skills those people who want to retire in the sun possess.

West Wales

Wow.

I wonder what skills those people who want to retire in the sun possess."

No skills, much like anywhere else in the world all it requires is enough money to be self supporting.

S

near ipswich

Devastated and dismayed

How so on education?

I presume they mean the Erasmus programme."

the uk is replacing the Erasmus programme with the Alan Turin scheme which will allow students to study not just in europe but all over the world.

bournemouth

The skill to fund themselves and not expect other countries to pay for a nice lifestyle. Can you explain why that is so awful ?

So the benefits are for the wealthy. Gotcha.

That’ll show the elites.

Wow.

S

But you working abroad, or particularly studying under Erasmus, wasn’t free to the rest of us. It cost the UK a fortune as many more European students came here than UK students studied abroad, and you probably took jobs away from hungry Spanish kids in return.

You really need to consider what “free” really is. Some mug always ends up paying for what you think is “free”."

I didn't study abroad, so I don't know why you're directing this at me.

However taking away opportunities for young people doesn't seem like much of a brexit bonus to me.

Wow.

I wonder what skills those people who want to retire in the sun possess."

The skill to be born into wealth.

West Wales

Wow.

S

"

I took a look at the latest Gov info on this & as usual the rules seem different between EU states. Most say you can stay for 30 days without any extra bits & bobs.

I haven’t found whether that’s per country yet. So if you travelled to one place for a summer job then you’d need a visa, not yet 100% on if you travelled Europe spending a week or two in each you would. This is something I did for three summers in the 80’s

I’d add that a friends daughter in New Zealand has done summer camps all over Europe & the USA for a number of years & never had any travel restrictions.

Why would we now?

S

Wow.

S

I took a look at the latest Gov info on this & as usual the rules seem different between EU states. Most say you can stay for 30 days without any extra bits & bobs.

I haven’t found whether that’s per country yet. So if you travelled to one place for a summer job then you’d need a visa, not yet 100% on if you travelled Europe spending a week or two in each you would. This is something I did for three summers in the 80’s

I’d add that a friends daughter in New Zealand has done summer camps all over Europe & the USA for a number of years & never had any travel restrictions.

Why would we now?

S"

So nothing more than a summer job.

Another brexit bonus.

Wow.

S

"

So you went around working in the black economy? Or did you acquire a NI number in each of the countries? What was the process for that?

Wow.

The skill to be born into wealth."

The skill to have worked hard all their lives more like

Wow.

The skill to have worked hard all their lives more like "

So only those in high paid jobs work hard.

West Wales

Wow.

S

Why would we now?

S

So nothing more than a summer job.

Another brexit bonus."

Do you only read the parts that fit in with your “Wo is me” outlook on life?

Elsewhere I have already said IF you are needed be it a trade, skill, etc you’ll get in as you would in most other parts of the world.

I for instance couldn’t emigrate to New Zealand or Australia as they don’t need my skill set & i’m not self supporting with a fat pension/bank balance etc. However ten years ago I did consider emigrating to Bermuda of all places as they did need my skill set & the move came with funds & assistance to help set up a business. I chose to keep my family in the U.K.

S

near ipswich

Wow.

So only those in high paid jobs work hard."

can you tell me how people retired abroad if they couldn't afford it when we were in the eu whats different now ?

liverpool

Wow.

So only those in high paid jobs work hard."

Standard tory trope.

Wow.

So only those in high paid jobs work hard.can you tell me how people retired abroad if they couldn't afford it when we were in the eu whats different now ?"

I'm guessing two main new costs would be health insurance and pension rights.

West Wales

Wow.

So only those in high paid jobs work hard.can you tell me how people retired abroad if they couldn't afford it when we were in the eu whats different now ?"

My Nan retired to Portugal many years ago. She did it by staying in the same house in London her whole life up till then. A house she paid £30k for sold for £380k.

Most people doing it have money be it £20k+Pensions or large sums of equity to suppliment their pensions till they croak.

All this “But Joe Average can’t do it now” well guess what? Joe Average couldn’t before do it before either!

S

westerham

Wow.

So only those in high paid jobs work hard.can you tell me how people retired abroad if they couldn't afford it when we were in the eu whats different now ?

I'm guessing two main new costs would be health insurance and pension rights."

Health cover in Europe is guaranteed same as before. Pensions can’t see any difference, tell us more?

West Wales

Most of the arguing on here is pretty akin to complaining that the M25 is the shittiest motorway in the U.K...

All from your house in Newcastle where you’ve spent your whole life...

Leave the complaining to those that sit in the traffic.

S

near ipswich

Wow.

So only those in high paid jobs work hard.can you tell me how people retired abroad if they couldn't afford it when we were in the eu whats different now ?

I'm guessing two main new costs would be health insurance and pension rights."

Guessing is the key word,when i sold my place in september the people who i knew and had retired said that they had to change all their tax affairs to spain,change their driving licence to spanish,register as a domicile in spain their pension had to be paid into a spanish bank nothing more.

Grantham

Devastated and dismayed

How so on education?

I presume they mean the Erasmus programme."

The Erasmus project is to be replaced with the Turing Project. This will fund student placements across the world, and not just the EU. A greater choice for students, at less cost to the Exchequer.

near ipswich

Devastated and dismayed

How so on education?

The Erasmus project is to be replaced with the Turing Project. This will fund student placements across the world, and not just the EU. A greater choice for students, at less cost to the Exchequer. "

Wasting your time mate already posted something similar they dont want to acknowledge good news.

liverpool

Devastated and dismayed

How so on education?

The Erasmus project is to be replaced with the Turing Project. This will fund student placements across the world, and not just the EU. A greater choice for students, at less cost to the Exchequer. Wasting your time mate already posted something similar they dont want to acknowledge good news. "

Do you think the gmnt generally support people who want to better themselves.?

near ipswich

Devastated and dismayed

How so on education?

The Erasmus project is to be replaced with the Turing Project. This will fund student placements across the world, and not just the EU. A greater choice for students, at less cost to the Exchequer. Wasting your time mate already posted something similar they dont want to acknowledge good news.

Do you think the gmnt generally support people who want to better themselves.?"

Of course

liverpool

Devastated and dismayed

How so on education?

The Erasmus project is to be replaced with the Turing Project. This will fund student placements across the world, and not just the EU. A greater choice for students, at less cost to the Exchequer. Wasting your time mate already posted something similar they dont want to acknowledge good news.

Do you think the gmnt generally support people who want to better themselves.?Of course"

So if people want to do better in life, they will back them?

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Health cover in Europe is guaranteed same as before. Pensions can’t see any difference, tell us more?"

Actually.... neither of these things are true.... E111 healthcare provisions no longer are covered for uk citizens.... and as for state pension reciprocal arrangements, they will only remain in place till March 2023 (I should know... it’s the government department I work for )

North West

"

The Erasmus project is to be replaced with the Turing Project. This will fund student placements across the world, and not just the EU. A greater choice for students, at less cost to the Exchequer. Wasting your time mate already posted something similar they dont want to acknowledge good news. "

Really?

What sort of people can afford £20 Ryanair flights to Brussels and have inclusive healthcare on their EHIC cards.

And what sort of people can afford £1,000 flights to Melbourne and pay for full time overseas health insurance?

It is astonishing that ordinary people are being socially immobilised by other ordinary people on the say so of extraordinarily wealthy people.

Nicola Sturgeon was quite correct when she described the wilful refusal of the Erasmus programme as cultural vandalism. This was Johnson’s kick back at the younger generation who never wanted Brexit.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"why can’t you live and work in the eu now then ?"

The answer is you could.... if you go through all the hoopla... but it’s just become a lot lot harder to do so

Let me give you a few scenarios...

For example, let’s say you reaching retirement and wanted to retire to Spain or Portugal .....

Up until December 31.. you could just up and leave and go.... now you will have to apply for residency, so at the mercy of any government to say no...

Let’s say you wanted to go work in those countries.......

Again up until December 31 you could just up sticks and go.....

Now.... 1) you will need work visas to work, and you will need to meet that countries visa criteria and 2) the EU will no longer automatically recognise UK work or educational qualifications.....

Let’s say you wanted to study in the EU....

Again.... you could

Now... the UK will no longer be part of the ERASMUS programme..... which means that you will need to apply for student visas

westerham

"

Really?

What sort of people can afford £20 Ryanair flights to Brussels and have inclusive healthcare on their EHIC cards.

And what sort of people can afford £1,000 flights to Melbourne and pay for full time overseas health insurance?

It is astonishing that ordinary people are being socially immobilised by other ordinary people on the say so of extraordinarily wealthy people.

Nicola Sturgeon was quite correct when she described the wilful refusal of the Erasmus programme as cultural vandalism. This was Johnson’s kick back at the younger generation who never wanted Brexit. "

Again, Erasmus led to many more foreign students coming here than UK students went over there, and the rest of us tax paying mugs had to pay for it.

Grantham

"

Really?

Nicola Sturgeon was quite correct when she described the wilful refusal of the Erasmus programme as cultural vandalism. This was Johnson’s kick back at the younger generation who never wanted Brexit. "

Then you'll have to direct those criticisms to the EU, who were unwilling to move on costing Erasmus.

westerham

"why can’t you live and work in the eu now then ?

The answer is you could.... if you go through all the hoopla... but it’s just become a lot lot harder to do so

For example, let’s say you reaching retirement and wanted to retire to Spain or Portugal .....

Up until December 31.. you could just up and leave and go.... now you will have to apply for residency, so at the mercy of any government to say no...

Now.... 1) you will need work visas to work, and you will need to meet that countries visa criteria and 2) the EU will no longer automatically recognise UK work or educational qualifications.....

Again.... you could

Now... the UK will no longer be part of the ERASMUS programme..... which means that you will need to apply for student visas "

That doesn’t qualify as “a lot harder”. That is normal adult behaviour that the rest of the world happily does to fill in a couple of forms.

And if (no evidence this will happen) a European country says no, don’t want you here..... maybe ponder why that is? Is it because that person might be undesirable, unteachable , unemployable etc ?

That they only want useful people? Much like us? Not a free for all, that, as I keep saying, is anything BUT free for the taxpayer who is supporting whatever crossborder nitwittery happy clappy Brussels scheme is flavour of the month?

Poplar

"why can’t you live and work in the eu now then ?

Again.... you could

Now... the UK will no longer be part of the ERASMUS programme..... which means that you will need to apply for student visas

That doesn’t qualify as “a lot harder”. That is normal adult behaviour that the rest of the world happily does to fill in a couple of forms.

And if (no evidence this will happen) a European country says no, don’t want you here..... maybe ponder why that is? Is it because that person might be undesirable, unteachable , unemployable etc ?

That they only want useful people? Much like us? Not a free for all, that, as I keep saying, is anything BUT free for the taxpayer who is supporting whatever crossborder nitwittery happy clappy Brussels scheme is flavour of the month?"

Does that now mean more UK students will have the chance to get their 1st choice university place?

If so I say that is a win for the UK and a win for UK students.

"

Health cover in Europe is guaranteed same as before. Pensions can’t see any difference, tell us more?

Actually.... neither of these things are true.... E111 healthcare provisions no longer are covered for uk citizens.... and as for state pension reciprocal arrangements, they will only remain in place till March 2023 (I should know... it’s the government department I work for )"

E111 no but bi-lateral agreements will be put in place, Spain for example has them with plenty of other countries

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

That they only want useful people? Much like us? Not a free for all, that, as I keep saying, is anything BUT free for the taxpayer who is supporting whatever crossborder nitwittery happy clappy Brussels scheme is flavour of the month?"

Okay... so I am not being accused of bias, let me take 4 “English” speaking countries.......... Canada, the USA, Australia and New Zealand....

Did you know that all 4 of those countries can and do deny people residency based on for example, Age and Health status

So bearing in mind what you said above about them only wanting in your words “useful people” .... why would a European country not apply the same standards

Out of interest since we mention ex pats a lot..... what percentage of those do you think those European countries would send back now if they could....

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Does that now mean more UK students will have the chance to get their 1st choice university place?

If so I say that is a win for the UK and a win for UK students."

Nope..... most UK universities make their money by charging non-eu students shed loads to attend......

You could actually say they help rather than hinder....

westerham

"

That they only want useful people? Much like us? Not a free for all, that, as I keep saying, is anything BUT free for the taxpayer who is supporting whatever crossborder nitwittery happy clappy Brussels scheme is flavour of the month?

Okay... so I am not being accused of bias, let me take 4 “English” speaking countries.......... Canada, the USA, Australia and New Zealand....

Did you know that all 4 of those countries can and do deny people residency based on for example, Age and Health status

So bearing in mind what you said above about them only wanting in your words “useful people” .... why would a European country not apply the same standards

Out of interest since we mention ex pats a lot..... what percentage of those do you think those European countries would send back now if they could...."

I have not the slightest idea who would be considered useful or worthwhile in each country.

For a start we have quite a lot of home gown British Herberts I would happily boot out to the moon for example.

But if you’re referring to expats in Spain, I suspect you are, then by and large, if they’re not drug dealers, then they are paying taxes, rent, living costs etc directly into the Spanish economy. Spain probably wants a lot of them to stay.

"

If so I say that is a win for the UK and a win for UK students.

Nope..... most UK universities make their money by charging non-eu students shed loads to attend......

You could actually say they help rather than hinder...."

Really? How much in fees is still outstanding?

"

Out of interest since we mention ex pats a lot..... what percentage of those do you think those European countries would send back now if they could...."

None

Wow.

The skill to have worked hard all their lives more like "

So you're suggesting that young people wait until the end of their life before then can move abroad.

More brexit bonuses.

Wow.

I'm guessing two main new costs would be health insurance and pension rights.

Health cover in Europe is guaranteed same as before. Pensions can’t see any difference, tell us more?"

Actually I just heard on the news that health care was still covered

Wow.

So you're suggesting that young people wait until the end of their life before then can move abroad.

More brexit bonuses."

What’s stopping young people? They can still work the black economy like you did for a couple of months eh? Or maybe not, because Spain for example is now a lot stricter

westerham

Wow.

More brexit bonuses."

Yes, because before Brexit, you could travel to Spain, spend all day every day on a beach, and in the evening the authorities would collect you in a taxi give you food and a beer before tucking you in in a nice apartment for the night.

Let me just check on that...

Oh, no, no you couldn’t. Apparently you had to pay for all that before Brexit, and you’ll have to pay for it now as well.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

More brexit bonuses.

Yes, because before Brexit, you could travel to Spain, spend all day every day on a beach, and in the evening the authorities would collect you in a taxi give you food and a beer before tucking you in in a nice apartment for the night.

Let me just check on that...

Oh, no, no you couldn’t. Apparently you had to pay for all that before Brexit, and you’ll have to pay for it now as well."

So you are talking about a holiday... when people are explicitly talking about retirement.... or working in that country

Way to side step

North West

"

Really?

Nicola Sturgeon was quite correct when she described the wilful refusal of the Erasmus programme as cultural vandalism. This was Johnson’s kick back at the younger generation who never wanted Brexit.

Again, Erasmus led to many more foreign students coming here than UK students went over there, and the rest of us tax paying mugs had to pay for it. "

So because there was a cost attached to the U.K. students that did benefit, the idea now is to only make the programme available for the wealthiest of students and fuck everyone else?

You know that policies like this make ideological Tories cream their knickers. Making sure that the ordinary folk do not have the same opportunities as the wealthy.

Grantham

"

Really?

Again, Erasmus led to many more foreign students coming here than UK students went over there, and the rest of us tax paying mugs had to pay for it.

So because there was a cost attached to the U.K. students that did benefit, the idea now is to only make the programme available for the wealthiest of students and fuck everyone else?

You know that policies like this make ideological Tories cream their knickers. Making sure that the ordinary folk do not have the same opportunities as the wealthy."

The details of the new scheme have yet to be announced but under the old scheme, the UK taxpayer waa paying for some 16000 EU students to be educated in our universities.

Havent the EU.said

Tariffs.will come fast & hard"

Like most comments here it's half the story told to make a point and so falls short yet again.

It works both ways. It pays not to misquote.

Think what this has shown is unlike what many would have us believe, the EU needs our trade, arguably maybe even more now as our markets have suddenly broaden.

Wow.

More brexit bonuses.

What’s stopping young people? They can still work the black economy like you did for a couple of months eh? Or maybe not, because Spain for example is now a lot stricter "

WTF are you talking about "black economy"

You need to cut back the conspiracy websites.

Wow.

More brexit bonuses.

What’s stopping young people? They can still work the black economy like you did for a couple of months eh? Or maybe not, because Spain for example is now a lot stricter

You need to cut back the conspiracy websites."

the black economy is getting paid cash in hand. So when you were working around Europe did you work cash in hand or did you apply for and receive a National Insurance number in each country? And what was the process for that?

Wow.

More brexit bonuses.

the black economy is getting paid cash in hand. So when you were working around Europe did you work cash in hand or did you apply for and receive a National Insurance number in each country? And what was the process for that? "

It was piss easy, filled in a form. I spent 15 years living in other EU countries and paid tax in each.

You made the weirdest assumptions about someone you know nothing about.

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

"Turkey and beef for dinner tomorrow! Poor Lionel's eating his words about not getting a deal, He'll be crying in his copy of Socialist Worker. Never mind you can always leave the country!!!! "

Wow.

More brexit bonuses.

the black economy is getting paid cash in hand. So when you were working around Europe did you work cash in hand or did you apply for and receive a National Insurance number in each country? And what was the process for that?

It was piss easy, filled in a form. I spent 15 years living in other EU countries and paid tax in each.

You made the weirdest assumptions about someone you know nothing about. "

Piss easy, filled in a form - I might know nothing about you but I know bullshit when I read it

By *armandwet50Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

This is the first time, my previous thread was about a deal or a no deal. Anyway, it looks like a deal is imminent, what are you hoping for ? any deal for me then we can crack on doing deals across the world would t you want that bud ?"

No deal, will we get, ya think?

By *ess n BenCouple  over a year ago

Didcot

Wow.

More brexit bonuses.

Piss easy, filled in a form - I might know nothing about you but I know bullshit when I read it "

It really was. Just one form to register to pay tax in the country. Open a bank account. Off you go.

"Turkey and beef for dinner tomorrow! Poor Lionel's eating his words about not getting a deal, He'll be crying in his copy of Socialist Worker. Never mind you can always leave the country!!!!

"

This seems to be the preferred solution for many leavers. That any remainers who want to speak out, should fuck off out of this country.

Aside from the obvious irony that leavers voted to remove the freedom of movement.

Are you all genuinely saying that you want to live in a country populated only by leavers. You don't want anyone who questions authority or the establishment. You just want compliant people here who do as they're told by our lord's and masters in government?

westerham

"Turkey and beef for dinner tomorrow! Poor Lionel's eating his words about not getting a deal, He'll be crying in his copy of Socialist Worker. Never mind you can always leave the country!!!!

This seems to be the preferred solution for many leavers. That any remainers who want to speak out, should fuck off out of this country.

Aside from the obvious irony that leavers voted to remove the freedom of movement.

Are you all genuinely saying that you want to live in a country populated only by leavers. You don't want anyone who questions authority or the establishment. You just want compliant people here who do as they're told by our lord's and masters in government?

"

Well the debate has finished really, comprehensive leave victory.

You can keep us updated on how the campaign to rejoin is going if you like, might be amusing.

Wow.

More brexit bonuses.

Piss easy, filled in a form - I might know nothing about you but I know bullshit when I read it

It really was. Just one form to register to pay tax in the country. Open a bank account. Off you go.

"

No it isn't. I've been there and done it and you obviously don't know what you're talking about

You can keep us updated on how the campaign to rejoin is going if you like, might be amusing."

Huh?

So you do want people who speak out to fuck off, or not?

westerham

You can keep us updated on how the campaign to rejoin is going if you like, might be amusing.

Huh?

So you do want people who speak out to fuck off, or not?"

No I never said that.

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Howling at the moon and moaning about stuff that hasn’t happened and isn’t going to happen is tedious.

"So it now looks likely we will be getting a deal with the EU for Xmas. What type of deal are we hoping for and will it be better , worse or the same as the be one we used to have ?

Tell you what OP, why don’t you tell us all what the right answer is first?"

The right answer? Depends entirely on what you voted for , I am very pleased and relieved we have got a deal, Boris seems to be happy, the EU are happy , all leave voters got what they wanted. I guess that Brexit is now ‘done’ ? No more negotiations with the EU? We have all the fish we wanted? We are no longer tied to any EU laws? Is that the ‘right answer ‘ ?

westerham

"So it now looks likely we will be getting a deal with the EU for Xmas. What type of deal are we hoping for and will it be better , worse or the same as the be one we used to have ?

The right answer? Depends entirely on what you voted for , I am very pleased and relieved we have got a deal, Boris seems to be happy, the EU are happy , all leave voters got what they wanted. I guess that Brexit is now ‘done’ ? No more negotiations with the EU? We have all the fish we wanted? We are no longer tied to any EU laws? Is that the ‘right answer ‘ ? "

Yep, right answer, good to see you’ve changed your mind, it’s a sign of intelligence

The right answer? Depends entirely on what you voted for , I am very pleased and relieved we have got a deal, Boris seems to be happy, the EU are happy , all leave voters got what they wanted. I guess that Brexit is now ‘done’ ? No more negotiations with the EU? We have all the fish we wanted? We are no longer tied to any EU laws? Is that the ‘right answer ‘ ?

Yep, right answer, good to see you’ve changed your mind, it’s a sign of intelligence "

I haven’t changed my mind, have another read. I am glad and relieved we have got a deal, it is better than having a no deal and both Boris and the EU are happy. I will change my mind on leaving when I start to see the UK get better trade deals than the one we had .

westerham

Yep, right answer, good to see you’ve changed your mind, it’s a sign of intelligence

I haven’t changed my mind, have another read. I am glad and relieved we have got a deal, it is better than having a no deal and both Boris and the EU are happy. I will change my mind on leaving when I start to see the UK get better trade deals than the one we had . "

Ah right, so now it’s got to be better deals. You used to ask for the same deals, now they’ve got to be better obviously lol.

Don’t worry we will keep you updated on how the economy progresses. BTW Britain has just overtaken India this morning to be the fifth biggest economy in the world again.

I haven’t changed my mind, have another read. I am glad and relieved we have got a deal, it is better than having a no deal and both Boris and the EU are happy. I will change my mind on leaving when I start to see the UK get better trade deals than the one we had .

Ah right, so now it’s got to be better deals. You used to ask for the same deals, now they’ve got to be better obviously lol.

Don’t worry we will keep you updated on how the economy progresses. BTW Britain has just overtaken India this morning to be the fifth biggest economy in the world again. "

That is amazing news, 5th biggest economy? , it won’t be long until we are 4th now we have left the EU. Tbh I thought we left to get better deals not the same ? I am just relieved it is all over, no more negotiations with the EU? No more EU laws? All the fish that we wanted? Is that correct?

westerham

Don’t worry we will keep you updated on how the economy progresses. BTW Britain has just overtaken India this morning to be the fifth biggest economy in the world again.

That is amazing news, 5th biggest economy? , it won’t be long until we are 4th now we have left the EU. Tbh I thought we left to get better deals not the same ? I am just relieved it is all over, no more negotiations with the EU? No more EU laws? All the fish that we wanted? Is that correct? "

Main priority was to stop paying in 9 billion a year so that Barnier and the others could eat lobster and champagne on private jets.

Fish result is not great but was predicted. In practice makes no difference, we won’t have the boats to use bigger quotas for years anyway.

In five years time however we will have more fishing boats and more gunboats to patrol our waters.

That is amazing news, 5th biggest economy? , it won’t be long until we are 4th now we have left the EU. Tbh I thought we left to get better deals not the same ? I am just relieved it is all over, no more negotiations with the EU? No more EU laws? All the fish that we wanted? Is that correct?

Main priority was to stop paying in 9 billion a year so that Barnier and the others could eat lobster and champagne on private jets.

Fish result is not great but was predicted. In practice makes no difference, we won’t have the boats to use bigger quotas for years anyway.

In five years time however we will have more fishing boats and more gunboats to patrol our waters. "

5 years? Fish result ‘not great’ but was predicted? Really? I thought we held all the cards? Just out of interest , now we are the 5 th biggest economy who is in 4th place?

By *rystal DreamtimeTV/TS  over a year ago

horsham

Don’t worry we will keep you updated on how the economy progresses. BTW Britain has just overtaken India this morning to be the fifth biggest economy in the world again. "

How !! I’ve only just got out of bed , put the spanners away Thursday and don’t intend to get them out again till the New Year . I know the Halfords sale starts today so they must be confident of moving some shit to take the economy up a notch .. The world is such an amazing place ..it’s almost at times just too good to be true

West Wales

In five years time however we will have more fishing boats and more gunboats to patrol our waters. "

I make it simple,

We earn the same but by using cheaper banking we keep more.

Ergo we are better off.

With the fishing it is just as likely that for a few years the extra U.K. quota certificates will be sold to EU fishermen.

But that doesn’t actually matter short term as it’s still income the country wasn’t getting before & it’ll help pay for the new ships needed to go get it ourselves if any want too, thing here is we will now have choice. The 25% is only for year one.

At my age years seem to last about a month!

Do you know it’s twenty years since Kirsty MacColl’s death. Where the fuck did that go??

S

By *armandwet50Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

That is amazing news, 5th biggest economy? , it won’t be long until we are 4th now we have left the EU. Tbh I thought we left to get better deals not the same ? I am just relieved it is all over, no more negotiations with the EU? No more EU laws? All the fish that we wanted? Is that correct? "

Why is it not a better deal for UK? Same quotas, same tariffs, a little inconvenience at the border, till business gets used to the new paperwork, what's not to be happy about?

thornaby

In five years time however we will have more fishing boats and more gunboats to patrol our waters.

5 years? Fish result ‘not great’ but was predicted? Really? I thought we held all the cards? Just out of interest , now we are the 5 th biggest economy who is in 4th place? "

ffs mate really we got the deal you said any deal be better than no deal now yr moaning a couple of days ago you said you where laughing at leavers sit back then enjoy fgs

thornaby

"

back at ya mate do you just want to live in a country populated by remainers and ppl who think the same as you ?

"

You're full of bs again.

Most leavers have never said the remoaners should f*ck off out of this country at all. I think you'll find that the rhetoric of the leavers had been for the remoaners to stop moaning about a decision that was made by majority and start thinking about how to make it work to the best of our ability now that we got the opportunity.

The whole time this has been going on you've constantly pulling the rug out of any negotiations that were being made in simply being critical and constantly negative.

There's no irony at all except again in your negativity. No freedom has been removed except in your narrow view that it's about moving about without control. However more control on movements doesn't necessarily mean less freedom. More security can equate to more freedom.

The irony might be that the leavers were not the compliant ones as you say. We were the ones who voted for change not the status quo. So Remind me again who were the real complaint ones?

back at ya mate do you just want to live in a country populated by remainers and ppl who think the same as you ?"

No.

But then again no one seems to be suggesting that leavers should move away from the UK.

I am responding to the many people who want remainers or anyone who speaks out, to fuck off out of the country.

You're full of bs again.

Most leavers have never said the remoaners should f*ck off out of this country at all. I think you'll find that the rhetoric of the leavers had been for the remoaners to stop moaning about a decision that was made by majority and start thinking about how to make it work to the best of our ability now that we got the opportunity.

The whole time this has been going on you've constantly pulling the rug out of any negotiations that were being made in simply being critical and constantly negative.

There's no irony at all except again in your negativity. No freedom has been removed except in your narrow view that it's about moving about without control. However more control on movements doesn't necessarily mean less freedom. More security can equate to more freedom.

The irony might be that the leavers were not the compliant ones as you say. We were the ones who voted for change not the status quo. So Remind me again who were the real complaint ones?"

Standard.

So it's the problems are all remainers fault? The people who voted against this. Did you forget that Boris and the Tories voted down their deal?

You voted to shift more power and wealth from the people to the establishment.

And of course, if you're rich, you can still move to anywhere you want. The reality is, for most people, this is not an option.

5 years? Fish result ‘not great’ but was predicted? Really? I thought we held all the cards? Just out of interest , now we are the 5 th biggest economy who is in 4th place? ffs mate really we got the deal you said any deal be better than no deal now yr moaning a couple of days ago you said you where laughing at leavers sit back then enjoy fgs"

Chill , I am happy we got a deal, and you are correct, any deal is better than a no deal. We are the 5 th biggest economy and we should be aiming to overtake Germany who are 4th. This should be easier now that we are out of the EU and Germany are in the EU?

thornaby

back at ya mate do you just want to live in a country populated by remainers and ppl who think the same as you ?

No.

But then again no one seems to be suggesting that leavers should move away from the UK.

I am responding to the many people who want remainers or anyone who speaks out, to fuck off out of the country."

mo your not yr responding to the few I think iv read that twice on here mate

Why is it not a better deal for UK? Same quotas, same tariffs, a little inconvenience at the border, till business gets used to the new paperwork, what's not to be happy about?"

I am happy, any deal is better than a no deal and it is a huge relief, both sides should be congratulated because the alternative would have been catastrophic. How much will this ‘little inconvenience at the border’ cost? I just hope they manage to sort out a deal for our service sector, after all it accounts for 80 % of our economy.