FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Mr Johnson is the first European leader to speak to Mr Biden since his inauguration.

Mr Johnson is the first European leader to speak to Mr Biden since his inauguration.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atEvolution OP   Couple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

https://news.sky.com/story/boris-johnson-speaks-to-president-joe-biden-in-phone-call-with-hopes-of-deepening-longstanding-alliance-with-us-12197042

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

No suprise there then no big deal

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Why is this news?

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"https://news.sky.com/story/boris-johnson-speaks-to-president-joe-biden-in-phone-call-with-hopes-of-deepening-longstanding-alliance-with-us-12197042

"

"Why is this news?"

Why isn't it news?

"Why is this news?"

You are the same poster who said a couple of days ago that Biden would put Germany, France & The EU ahead of The UK.

And now you ask why this is news?

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

I wanted you to win all along joe..really

"The fact the prime minister is the *first* world leader outside of North America to be called by President Biden suggests the so-called special relationship is in better shape than some had feared."

I would say that's important.

"Why is this news?

You are the same poster who said a couple of days ago that Biden would put Germany, France & The EU ahead of The UK.

And now you ask why this is news? "

I think if you read the article, Johnson called Biden.

Now tell me what this proves.

"I wanted you to win all along joe..really"

Then you got what you wanted. You are having a good week Lionel.

"Why is this news?

Now tell me what this proves."

Does it matter who called who? The spoke, about a number of different things I'd imagine.

I'd still say it's 'news' when out PM speaks to any new President.

"Why is this news?

Biden rang Johnson

"Boris Johnson was the first European leader to receive a call from incoming President Joe Biden "

Yup. Joe called his mate Boris first.

""Boris Johnson was the first European leader to receive a call from incoming President Joe Biden "

Yup. Joe called his mate Boris first. "

Now tell me what this proves

liverpool

No wonder they wanna get rid of the bbc

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

If Biden had called macron and / or Merkel first I think that would be classed as news

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"Why is this news?

Yes, he was on the phone at the time with President Andrés Manuel López Obrador of Mexico - one of his staffers said, “hey Joe I've got the U.K. on the other line”, Biden says, “ anyways Andie, nice to talk, want to talk with Boris”

""Boris Johnson was the first European leader to receive a call from incoming President Joe Biden "

Now tell me what this proves "

It Proves Biden called Boris.

It proves that both of them have a phone.

It proves that Biden wants a working relationship with Boris.

It proves that outside of the American Continent he called the UK before any of the other European states.

It proves . . .

It proves that outside of the American Continent he called the UK before any of the other European states.

It proves . . .

"

"No wonder they wanna get rid of the bbc"

Why didn't he call the BBC first do you think?

"Why is this news?

Now tell me what this proves.

Yes, he was on the phone at the time with President Andrés Manuel López Obrador of Mexico - one of his staffers said, “hey Joe I've got the U.K. on the other line”, Biden says, “ anyways Andie, nice to talk, want to talk with Boris”

"

lol

liverpool

"If Biden had called macron and / or Merkel first I think that would be classed as news "

Yes the mail would have had a fit.

One leader calls another is hardly world shattering news.

We all know there is frosty relationship there and its smother example to rewrote the past.

liverpool

"No wonder they wanna get rid of the bbc

Why didn't he call the BBC first do you think?"

I don't know

Laura went be best plesded

I think it proves that Biden considers Boris to be the most important leader in Europe right now (if not the world ) after all the other two planks will be history within the next 18 months

liverpool

"I think it proves that Biden considers Boris to be the most important leader in Europe right now (if not the world ) after all the other two planks will be history within the next 18 months "

Course he does

I'm sure he has totally forgotten about that racist article he wrote about obama.

milton keynes

"If Biden had called macron and / or Merkel first I think that would be classed as news

We all know there is frosty relationship there and its smother example to rewrote the past."

Personally I think it would be in many papers of all types not just the mail. Some would use it to say France and Germany are more important now. It works both ways so either way it's news. Plus of course it was in the news

"If Biden had called macron and / or Merkel first I think that would be classed as news

We all know there is frosty relationship there and its smother example to rewrote the past."

See. But nobody said it was world shattering news did they?

But it is certainly important and welcome news when you bear in mind that a few were saying oh fuck Biden will freeze Boris out.

We all know there is frosty relationship there and its smother example to rewrote the past.

Personally I think it would be in many papers of all types not just the mail. Some would use it to say France and Germany are more important now. It works both ways so either way it's news. Plus of course it was in the news "

Dead right. And if He had called Merkal or Macron first it would have been reported here by some as 'there that proves the UK is fucked after leaving the EU'.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

It’s a positive move. Especially from a PR perspective.

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

It proves . . .

"

As Boris called Biden and not the other way around it proves that Boris is shitting himself since his friend Trump lost the election and he's now trying so badly to make new friends. Boris' smear remarks on Obama 4 years ago might not help the latter.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-55783781

Where does it say that Biden called Johnson?

Be sensible, imagine the conversation.

"Hi Boris, I just called to let you congratulate me on my new role and because I wanted to speak to you before the others in Europe"

I doubt it..

It is news because the press has little to write about that is positive at the moment and so tries to appease anti EU sentiments.

Had it been Macron or Merkel or anyone else, you would never have heard about it.

liverpool

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-twitter-boris-johnson-meeting-make-america-great-again-b416775.html%3famp

milton keynes

It proves . . .

As Boris called Biden and not the other way around it proves that Boris is shitting himself since his friend Trump lost the election and he's now trying so badly to make new friends. Boris' smear remarks on Obama 4 years ago might not help the latter. "

Thanks. Proved my above point perfectly

Whitehouse Briefing Room

Readout of President Joseph R. Biden Call with Prime Minister Boris Johnson of the United Kingdom

January 23, 2021 •

Statements and Releases

President Joseph R. Biden spoke today with Prime Minister Boris Johnson of the United Kingdom. The President conveyed his intention to strengthen the special relationship between our countries and revitalize transatlantic ties, underscoring the critical role of NATO to our collective defense and shared values. President Biden also noted the importance of cooperation, including through multilateral organizations, on shared challenges such as combatting climate change, containing COVID-19, and ensuring global health security. He noted his readiness to work closely with Prime Minister Johnson as the United Kingdom hosts the G-7 and United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP26) this year. The leaders also discussed the need for coordination on shared foreign policy priorities, including China, Iran, and Russia."

Yea. Non of that is important. At all. What are we thinking?

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

a weak and ever more isolated PM attempting to arse lick the leader of 'the free world' is nothing new in all fairness. he is but one in a long line of prime ministerial arse lickers going back well over 100 years.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

"

Whitehouse Briefing Room

Readout of President Joseph R. Biden Call with Prime Minister Boris Johnson of the United Kingdom

January 23, 2021 •

Statements and Releases

President Joseph R. Biden spoke today with Prime Minister Boris Johnson of the United Kingdom. The President conveyed his intention to strengthen the special relationship between our countries and revitalize transatlantic ties, underscoring the critical role of NATO to our collective defense and shared values. President Biden also noted the importance of cooperation, including through multilateral organizations, on shared challenges such as combatting climate change, containing COVID-19, and ensuring global health security. He noted his readiness to work closely with Prime Minister Johnson as the United Kingdom hosts the G-7 and United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP26) this year. The leaders also discussed the need for coordination on shared foreign policy priorities, including China, Iran, and Russia."

"

And what were they going to discuss - the weather?

Okay.. we are all excited.

Britain had done it again and proved to be more important than the EU as Johnson has spoken to Biden before any other leader from the EU.

This therefore must prove to all those people out there who are happy to no longer be part of the EU, that they made the correct decision in voting to leave.

That probably sums up what and how this is being reported.

Nothing more...

It's actually being reported as . . .

"Whitehouse Briefing Room

January 23, 2021 •

Statements and Releases

Nothing more.

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

joe just phoned boris to ask him if it would be ok to put a bust of boris in hes ofice

"joe just phoned boris to ask him if it would be ok to put a bust of boris in hes ofice"

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

""The fact the prime minister is the *first* world leader outside of North America to be called by President Biden suggests the so-called special relationship is in better shape than some had feared."

I would say that's important. "

Yes true but moron remoaners do not want to believe this as they hate truth common sense and good news

""The fact the prime minister is the *first* world leader outside of North America to be called by President Biden suggests the so-called special relationship is in better shape than some had feared."

I would say that's important. Yes true but moron remoaners do not want to believe this as they hate truth common sense and good news"

You just needed to say "Corbyn" and you would have had a full house.

By *rystal DreamtimeTV/TS  over a year ago

horsham

Will you be my friend Joe ? My best friend and not talk to anyone else cause I got here first ?

Yes Boris of course I will be but only if you do exactly as I say , and remember I’m the boss ...

Oh the joys of school playground reminiscing ... time to now feel secure that we have made friends with the big kid . I wonder what will happen next .. ?

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

"https://news.sky.com/story/boris-johnson-speaks-to-president-joe-biden-in-phone-call-with-hopes-of-deepening-longstanding-alliance-with-us-12197042

"

ooooooh does he get a star ?

"Will you be my friend Joe ? My best friend and not talk to anyone else cause I got here first ?

Yes Boris of course I will be but only if you do exactly as I say , and remember I’m the boss ...

Oh the joys of school playground reminiscing ... time to now feel secure that we have made friends with the big kid . I wonder what will happen next .. ? "

This will happen next . . .

January 23, 2021 •

Statements and Releases

horsham

"Will you be my friend Joe ? My best friend and not talk to anyone else cause I got here first ?

Oh the joys of school playground reminiscing ... time to now feel secure that we have made friends with the big kid . I wonder what will happen next .. ?

January 23, 2021 •

Statements and Releases

President Joseph R. Biden spoke today with Prime Minister Boris Johnson of the United Kingdom. The President conveyed his intention to strengthen the special relationship between our countries and revitalize transatlantic ties, underscoring the critical role of NATO to our collective defense and shared values. President Biden also noted the importance of cooperation, including through multilateral organizations, on shared challenges such as combatting climate change, containing COVID-19, and ensuring global health security. He noted his readiness to work closely with Prime Minister Johnson as the United Kingdom hosts the G-7 and United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP26) this year. The leaders also discussed the need for coordination on shared foreign policy priorities, including China, Iran, and Russia.""

Have you spilt coffee on your keyboard and one of the buttons have got stuck .?

January 23, 2021 •

Statements and Releases

Have you spilt coffee on your keyboard and one of the buttons have got stuck .?"

How childish.

i wonder if Johnson appologised to Joe Biden for all of the dispicable, insulting and racist comments he directed at american politicians.

horsham

January 23, 2021 •

Statements and Releases

How childish."

Almost as childish as gloating Boris spoke to Biden first .. but not quite perhaps eh

January 23, 2021 •

Statements and Releases

How childish.

Almost as childish as gloating Boris spoke to Biden first .. but not quite perhaps eh "

Posting a link to a news item actually.

horsham

January 23, 2021 •

Statements and Releases

How childish.

Almost as childish as gloating Boris spoke to Biden first .. but not quite perhaps eh

Posting a link to a news item actually.

"

Of course you were ..

a democrat source is quoted as saying, "They do not think Boris Johnson is an ally. They think Britain is an ally. But there will be no special relationship with Boris Johnson."

The fact that people are talking and not behaving like little cowardly school bullies is the most important thing. Trumps work is being undone every moment

milton keynes

Odd to have several links to news articles for a topic where it was questioned if it's news or not it. Guess it answers the question

"a democrat source is quoted as saying, "They do not think Boris Johnson is an ally. They think Britain is an ally. But there will be no special relationship with Boris Johnson." "

"a democrat source is quoted as saying, "They do not think Boris Johnson is an ally. They think Britain is an ally. But there will be no special relationship with Boris Johnson." "

I don't think it matters.

Biden will carry on looking after the interests of corporate America. Doesn't matter a jot who called who and in what order.

horsham

Britain is indeed an ally of the USA , without doubt as are many other countries .. We were more important to the US as a member of the EU ..

it’s always better to have a “ special relationship “ with someone on the inside than the out ..

What was our one big use to America ? Our influence within Europe that’s what ! A mate of a mate around the negotiating table ..

A while ago Britain was accused by Russia as being “ irrelevant “ on the world stage .. Putin denied the statement was ever made and it’s source was never officially identified . It lead Cameron to concoct one of the most cringe worthy pro Britain speeches

ever made ..

What was apparent though , true or false to the supposed Russian claim , was the deafening silence by our closest and biggest allies the US ..

No one said “ Oh no there not “

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

It’s always been a one sided ‘special relationship’. There is more to unite than divide of course but it’s always America first, as the situation the other year with that lad killed by the air base. We are trading enemies of course.

Where’s Hugh Grant when we need him?

liverpool

"i wonder if Johnson appologised to Joe Biden for all of the dispicable, insulting and racist comments he directed at american politicians."

Ssshhh..that never happened

Boris is more important than anyone in the EU. Get over it guys

"Why is this news?

And now you ask why this is news? "

Biden will put the EU first

[Removed by poster at 24/01/21 15:39:59]

"Why is this news?

Or perhaps not while the UK is his biggest Aircraft Career."

Irrelevant, Biden is Pro EU, was against Brexit has Irish heritage and doesn’t like Boris .

liverpool

It does make a mockery of the whole impartial press thing.

The media decide what is important and what is not.

Apparently according to sky a phone call between 2 politicians is a lot more important than the latest Brexit fuck up.

For the last 4 years this gmnt have been kissing trumps arse.

Now they,along with sky, are clearly in the process of ensuring we forget about that.

It's an almost stalinesque rewriting of history.

liverpool

"Boris is more important than anyone in the EU. Get over it guys "

True

Biden is probally thinking what have you fucked up this time?

"Boris is more important than anyone in the EU. Get over it guys

True

Biden is probally thinking what have you fucked up this time?"

Boris isn’t even the most important person in his own home. Princess Nut Nuts calls the shots

I just don't get what people get out of name-calling all day long. Such a negative and retrograde pastime.

We really do need to stop the spite and learn to help each other.

"I just don't get what people get out of name-calling all day long. Such a negative and retrograde pastime.

"

What name calling?

"I just don't get what people get out of name-calling all day long. Such a negative and retrograde pastime.

What name calling? "

'Princess Nut Nuts calls the shots' I'm guessing she wasn't christened this.

What name calling?

'Princess Nut Nuts calls the shots' I'm guessing she wasn't christened this."

I doubt it , she was given the name by Dominic Cummings and his allies. If you are offended by it I suggest you speak to them

What name calling?

I doubt it , she was given the name by Dominic Cummings and his allies. If you are offended by it I suggest you speak to them "

Why? I read it here where you wrote it.

What name calling?

I doubt it , she was given the name by Dominic Cummings and his allies. If you are offended by it I suggest you speak to them

Why? I read it here where you wrote it."

And I am referring to a term that was used by Cummings and his allies, and to be precise it is Princess Nut Nut

Unless of course he spoke to Boris first because he is planning to bomb somewhere

What name calling?

And I am referring to a term that was used by Cummings and his allies, and to be precise it is Princess Nut Nut "

Oh. I know what you are referring to. And it's still a derogatory term that really to use as adults is retrograde and unkind to repeat. It gives her no recognition as a person or woman in her own right.

What name calling?

And I am referring to a term that was used by Cummings and his allies, and to be precise it is Princess Nut Nut

Oh. I know what you are referring to. And it's still a derogatory term that really to use as adults is retrograde and unkind to repeat. It gives her no recognition as a person or woman in her own right.

"

Indeed, obviously Cummings and his cronies are not very nice people, it sounds like it was rife at number 10

What name calling?

Indeed, obviously Cummings and his cronies are not very nice people, it sounds like it was rife at number 10 "

And right here on this board.

horsham

"Unless of course he spoke to Boris first because he is planning to bomb somewhere "

Whilst he may not have a plan to bomb somewhere just at this moment ..

It’s not a bad idea to keep a Craggy Rock just off mainland Europe as a ammunition dump .. Short range missiles are all the rage these days ..

But dare we upset our Russian and Chinese investors...

What name calling?

Indeed, obviously Cummings and his cronies are not very nice people, it sounds like it was rife at number 10

And right here on this board."

And? Apparently all the ‘vote leave gang’ as they have been dubbed used the term to describe her, they must be hideous people, don’t you agree?

What name calling?

And? Apparently all the ‘vote leave gang’ as they have been dubbed used the term to describe her, they must be hideous people, don’t you agree? "

Unkind just like the comments here. Yes.

What name calling?

And? Apparently all the ‘vote leave gang’ as they have been dubbed used the term to describe her, they must be hideous people, don’t you agree?

Unkind just like the comments here. Yes."

Indeed, you must totally condemn the behaviour of Cummings and his allies, they sound like a bunch of Bullies

it's unkind commentary from anyone.

"it's unkind commentary from anyone. "

Does this make you feel better , I shall edit my original comment

Boris isn’t even the most important person in his own home. ‘Princess Nut Nut’ calls the shots.

Btw, how do you know that their description of her isn’t correct?

liverpool

.the picture of him on the phone with his hands up has been photo shopped

The cable is Completely different

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS  over a year ago

Notts

"

unfortunately people wont, even when the army of the dead are coming they will still try and gain from others misfortune and to correct it you need a big dragon. The world hasn't changed really!

Well it's misogynistic for one.

".the picture of him on the phone with his hands up has been photo shopped

"

Ha, obviously this phone call is new worthy and very significant in some way that we haven’t been told about yet

"Well it's misogynistic for one."

You better get on the phone to Cummings

"Well it's misogynistic for one.

You better get on the phone to Cummings "

Quite the day for childishness.

liverpool

".the picture of him on the phone with his hands up has been photo shopped

Ha, obviously this phone call is new worthy and very significant in some way that we haven’t been told about yet "

You couldnt make it up

Quite the day for childishness. "

Are you now ‘ name calling ‘ after you condemned ‘name calling’ ? Interesting, I guess the people who were running the vote leave campaign are unpleasant people?

Are you now ‘ name calling ‘ after you condemned ‘name calling’ ? Interesting, I guess the people who were running the vote leave campaign are unpleasant people? "

The word childishness describes a behaviour not a derogatory name for person.

Are you now ‘ name calling ‘ after you condemned ‘name calling’ ? Interesting, I guess the people who were running the vote leave campaign are unpleasant people?

The word childishness describes a behaviour not a derogatory name for person."

Much like woke, snowflake etc?? Anyway , as interesting as this is let’s get back to the extremely important news that Biden & Boris have chatted on the phone .

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"Why is this news?

Or perhaps not while the UK is his biggest Aircraft Career.

Irrelevant, Biden is Pro EU, was against Brexit has Irish heritage and doesn’t like Boris . "

pmfslll doesn’t like Boris

"Why is this news?

Irrelevant, Biden is Pro EU, was against Brexit has Irish heritage and doesn’t like Boris . pmfslll doesn’t like Boris "

He doesn’t, he referred to him as a ‘physical and emotional clone ‘ of Trump, I guess that wasn’t a compliment ??

thornaby

"Why is this news?

Irrelevant, Biden is Pro EU, was against Brexit has Irish heritage and doesn’t like Boris . pmfslll doesn’t like Boris

He doesn’t, he referred to him as a ‘physical and emotional clone ‘ of Trump, I guess that wasn’t a compliment ?? "

well he is so what what does that prove that he’s a good judge of character lol

"Why is this news?

Irrelevant, Biden is Pro EU, was against Brexit has Irish heritage and doesn’t like Boris . pmfslll doesn’t like Boris

He doesn’t, he referred to him as a ‘physical and emotional clone ‘ of Trump, I guess that wasn’t a compliment ?? well he is so what what does that prove that he’s a good judge of character lol"

Yes, if he thinks Boris is ‘trump clone ‘ he obviously doesn’t like him much , he also has stated that Brexit was a bad idea and is Pro EU. These are all facts ,

thornaby

"Why is this news?

He doesn’t, he referred to him as a ‘physical and emotional clone ‘ of Trump, I guess that wasn’t a compliment ?? well he is so what what does that prove that he’s a good judge of character lol

Yes, if he thinks Boris is ‘trump clone ‘ he obviously doesn’t like him much , he also has stated that Brexit was a bad idea and is Pro EU. These are all facts , "

yes but unlike the remainers on here he will put Brexit to one side now it’s done it won’t cross his mind again he will deal with the U.K. just as he would of done if we had remained

"Why is this news?

He doesn’t, he referred to him as a ‘physical and emotional clone ‘ of Trump, I guess that wasn’t a compliment ?? well he is so what what does that prove that he’s a good judge of character lol

Yes, if he thinks Boris is ‘trump clone ‘ he obviously doesn’t like him much , he also has stated that Brexit was a bad idea and is Pro EU. These are all facts , yes but unlike the remainers on here he will put Brexit to one side now it’s done it won’t cross his mind again he will deal with the U.K. just as he would of done if we had remained "

He will obviously concentrate on getting a deal with the EU first so it’s completely different to if we had remained .

thornaby

"Why is this news?

Yes, if he thinks Boris is ‘trump clone ‘ he obviously doesn’t like him much , he also has stated that Brexit was a bad idea and is Pro EU. These are all facts , yes but unlike the remainers on here he will put Brexit to one side now it’s done it won’t cross his mind again he will deal with the U.K. just as he would of done if we had remained

He will obviously concentrate on getting a deal with the EU first so it’s completely different to if we had remained . "

you think so well that will be easy won’t it we will see I think the USA U.K. deal will be done first mate

"Why is this news?

Yes, if he thinks Boris is ‘trump clone ‘ he obviously doesn’t like him much , he also has stated that Brexit was a bad idea and is Pro EU. These are all facts , yes but unlike the remainers on here he will put Brexit to one side now it’s done it won’t cross his mind again he will deal with the U.K. just as he would of done if we had remained

He will obviously concentrate on getting a deal with the EU first so it’s completely different to if we had remained . you think so well that will be easy won’t it we will see I think the USA U.K. deal will be done first mate "

Ok, let’s see what happens, I can’t imagine why a pro EU anti Brexit US president would priorities a trade deal with the UK that is about 10 times smaller than the EU , but time will tell

"Why is this news?

He will obviously concentrate on getting a deal with the EU first so it’s completely different to if we had remained . "

US corporations are chomping at the bit for a deal with the UK. We're more malleable than the EU in terms is safety standards, regulations etc.

I don't think they will allow Biden to completely ignore the UK deal.

Much like woke, snowflake etc?? Anyway , as interesting as this is let’s get back to the extremely important news that Biden & Boris have chatted on the phone . "

'Woke' isn't a derogatory term. You need to get woke on that one. 'Snowflake' is a derogatory term usually given by those who really have no proper adult answer to the person they are addressing. And yes. Let's please get back to two Leaders talking about how they can get along with the issues the whole world faces right now. Which is what the original OP is.

"Why is this news?

He will obviously concentrate on getting a deal with the EU first so it’s completely different to if we had remained .

US corporations are chomping at the bit for a deal with the UK. We're more malleable than the EU in terms is safety standards, regulations etc.

I don't think they will allow Biden to completely ignore the UK deal."

That is a fair comment but it’s unlikely that it will be a ‘favourable’ deal? I will be glad to be proved wrong

Much like woke, snowflake etc?? Anyway , as interesting as this is let’s get back to the extremely important news that Biden & Boris have chatted on the phone .

'Woke' isn't a derogatory term. You need to get woke on that one. 'Snowflake' is a derogatory term usually given by those who really have no proper adult answer to the person they are addressing. And yes. Let's please get back to two Leaders talking about how they can get along with the issues the whole world faces right now. Which is what the original OP is.

"

Indeed, so do you think this phone call and it’s timing are significant and indicate anything of any relevance?

By *ebbie69Couple  over a year ago

milton keynes

PM's have to deal with presidents no matter who they are and their beliefs. This is nothing new and regardless of any past comments they both know they need to work together. No one knows if EU will get a trade deal with the U.S. first but as they been at it for decades and several presidents already it would not surprise me that much

Indeed, so do you think this phone call and it’s timing are significant and indicate anything of any relevance? "

Yes of course I do. I posted the Whitehouse Readout higher up. If they can get talking on those issues and find workable solutions, particularly in the post trump era we will all be better off.

johnson is currently weak and increasingly isolated. biden will send a 'B' team of negotiators to seal a quick superficial deal knowing that johnson will take absolutely anything on offer no matter how terrible or underscrutinised it is, because Johnson in turn now knows how easy it is to sell a monumently poor trade deal to his adulators. the america-eu deal will take longer, be more thorough, and sctrutinised more intensely by many more parties before an agreement is reached.

"johnson is currently weak and increasingly isolated. biden will send a 'B' team of negotiators to seal a quick superficial deal knowing that johnson will take absolutely anything on offer no matter how terrible or underscrutinised it is, because Johnson in turn now knows how easy it is to sell a monumently poor trade deal to his adulators. the america-eu deal will take longer, be more thorough, and sctrutinised more intensely by many more parties before an agreement is reached."

when will that be?

thornaby

Amazing another expert on trade deals

Indeed, so do you think this phone call and it’s timing are significant and indicate anything of any relevance?

Yes of course I do. I posted the Whitehouse Readout higher up. If they can get talking on those issues and find workable solutions, particularly in the post trump era we will all be better off."

I agree, but was the timing relevant? Boris being the first leader ?

"johnson is currently weak and increasingly isolated. biden will send a 'B' team of negotiators to seal a quick superficial deal knowing that johnson will take absolutely anything on offer no matter how terrible or underscrutinised it is, because Johnson in turn now knows how easy it is to sell a monumently poor trade deal to his adulators. the america-eu deal will take longer, be more thorough, and sctrutinised more intensely by many more parties before an agreement is reached."

It's quite funny then how the Brexit deal took 4 years to complete then. With both sides signing a trade deal.

is this a bi-monthly event? it was Fiji who spoke to him first last time in november. who will it be in march?

Yes of course I do. I posted the Whitehouse Readout higher up. If they can get talking on those issues and find workable solutions, particularly in the post trump era we will all be better off.

I agree, but was the timing relevant? Boris being the first leader ?"

You would need to ask Biden's camp on that one. The important thing is that they spoke. The significance of 'first' may only be because we are hosting the G7 this time around. Maybe he was just touching base or making sure we give him a good seat.

horsham

The US is desperate to get into Europe and quickly especially now that we are out . There’s a new force knocking on Europe’s door , The UK were the only ones keeping it in check ..

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS  over a year ago

Notts

I would think in trade terms the us are just interested in deals and don't really have personal feelings in the mix!

Can the eu even take us products? Don't most of them fall outside Regs? Like chlorinated chicken.And if the eu won't take us goods they won't buy theirs.

January 23, 2021 •

Statements and Releases

Have you spilt coffee on your keyboard and one of the buttons have got stuck .?"

Lol the usual repeat ad nauseum

"Why is this news?

I don't think they will allow Biden to completely ignore the UK deal.

That is a fair comment but it’s unlikely that it will be a ‘favourable’ deal? I will be glad to be proved wrong "

It's likely to be highly favourable. But not to the UK.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Whitehouse Briefing Room

January 23, 2021 •

Statements and Releases

"

The interesting thing in both sets of read outs is that the Downing Street one mentions talk on a free trade deal, whereas the white house one doesn’t...

The UK are desperate for this free trade deal... but it’s not really on the US scale of importance!

Likelihood is the free trade deal isn’t coming any time soon

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

We have a sizable trade surplus with the states, so I expect they would be keen

By *ichiebigMan  over a year ago

nenagh

With all the talk of international cooperation and mention of nato and Russia China and Iran etc. I suspect that president Biden is planning another foreign war and will require p.m. Johnson to provide some British army cannon fodder

milton keynes

"

Whitehouse Briefing Room

January 23, 2021 •

Statements and Releases

The interesting thing in both sets of read outs is that the Downing Street one mentions talk on a free trade deal, whereas the white house one doesn’t...

The UK are desperate for this free trade deal... but it’s not really on the US scale of importance!

Likelihood is the free trade deal isn’t coming any time soon "

Maybe, maybe not only time will tell. I expect a U.S. EU deal must be any minute now. How long they been at it

By *endulum 20Couple  over a year ago

sandy

bet that made his day lol

Boris waffling and latin phrases would be thrilling

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Whitehouse Briefing Room

January 23, 2021 •

Statements and Releases

Maybe, maybe not only time will tell. I expect a U.S. EU deal must be any minute now. How long they been at it"

The EU deal market wise would be the much bigger deal... so it would likely take priority

milton keynes

"

Whitehouse Briefing Room

January 23, 2021 •

Statements and Releases

Maybe, maybe not only time will tell. I expect a U.S. EU deal must be any minute now. How long they been at it

The EU deal market wise would be the much bigger deal... so it would likely take priority "

It has been for a while and even more so before brexit. So we can expect the years and years of waiting to come to an end soon then? How long has this priority taken so far

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"

I imagine the call went like this.

Boris you fucked up, so you better do as the US says or you’ll never get a trade deal.

Yes Mr president.

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

"

Yep, and he failed to get the Scottish whisky removed from the US / EU trade war tariffs.

Eastleigh

I would say that's important. "

Agreed, because the UK crosses the t's and dots the i's in many places the US can't.

Eastleigh

"Why is this news?"

Because he wanted to speak to the small insignificant island that contributes considerably to NATO unlike, the malingering nations / states / countries (whatever the EU calls them this week) like France and Germany.

Eastleigh

"Why is this news?

Biden will put the EU first"

Really, Biden calls the EU 'Merkel and you Macron, just when are you going to learn I can subsidise Boeing all I like and you and the WTO can go do one'

With the EU just about to hit the US with more tariff increases, I can see why Boris was first in line.

liverpool

"Why is this news?

Because he wanted to speak to the small insignificant island that contributes considerably to NATO unlike, the malingering nations / states / countries (whatever the EU calls them this week) like France and Germany. "

I wonder if Joe mentioned his racist comments?

thornaby

"Why is this news?

Because he wanted to speak to the small insignificant island that contributes considerably to NATO unlike, the malingering nations / states / countries (whatever the EU calls them this week) like France and Germany.

I wonder if Joe mentioned his racist comments?"

I wouldn’t go there Lionel you shot ya knickers on another thread when you were asked several times about racism lol

liverpool

"Why is this news?

I wonder if Joe mentioned his racist comments?I wouldn’t go there Lionel you shot ya knickers on another thread when you were asked several times about racism lol"

Erm no I didnt

thornaby

"Why is this news?

I wonder if Joe mentioned his racist comments?I wouldn’t go there Lionel you shot ya knickers on another thread when you were asked several times about racism lol

Erm no I didnt "

mate you bottled it Boris could learn a lot from that thread we all seen it mate

liverpool

"Why is this news?

I wonder if Joe mentioned his racist comments?I wouldn’t go there Lionel you shot ya knickers on another thread when you were asked several times about racism lol

Erm no I didnt mate you bottled it Boris could learn a lot from that thread we all seen it mate "

Bottled what?

The thread got closed

If you wanna start a separate thread about that by my guest.

thornaby

"Why is this news?

Erm no I didnt mate you bottled it Boris could learn a lot from that thread we all seen it mate

Bottled what?

The thread got closed

If you wanna start a separate thread about that by my guest."

yr last word on the subject was I’m done had nothing to do with the thread been closed Lionel I’m just saying you mentioning anything about racism is a bit of a joke from now on

liverpool

"Why is this news?

Erm no I didnt mate you bottled it Boris could learn a lot from that thread we all seen it mate

Bottled what?

The thread got closed

If you wanna start a separate thread about that by my guest.yr last word on the subject was I’m done had nothing to do with the thread been closed Lionel I’m just saying you mentioning anything about racism is a bit of a joke from now on "

Why is it?

Despite the thread is nothing to do with that

thornaby

"Why is this news?

Bottled what?

The thread got closed

If you wanna start a separate thread about that by my guest.yr last word on the subject was I’m done had nothing to do with the thread been closed Lionel I’m just saying you mentioning anything about racism is a bit of a joke from now on

Why is it?

Despite the thread is nothing to do with that"

you dodged the question because the woman was Labour it was a bit pathetic tbh you complain constantly about Boris dodging then you go amd out do him on a simple question lol

liverpool

"Why is this news?

Bottled what?

The thread got closed

If you wanna start a separate thread about that by my guest.yr last word on the subject was I’m done had nothing to do with the thread been closed Lionel I’m just saying you mentioning anything about racism is a bit of a joke from now on

Why is it?

Despite the thread is nothing to do with thatyou dodged the question because the woman was Labour it was a bit pathetic tbh you complain constantly about Boris dodging then you go amd out do him on a simple question lol"

Why are you bringing that up in.here?

liverpool

And I dodged fuck all

For about the millionth time,try actually reading what I wrote

thornaby

"And I dodged fuck all

For about the millionth time,try actually reading what I wrote "

I did we all did Lionel

liverpool

"And I dodged fuck all

For about the millionth time,try actually reading what I wrote I did we all did Lionel "

Anyway ...

"And I dodged fuck all

For about the millionth time,try actually reading what I wrote I did we all did Lionel

Anyway ..."

Anyway, from now on if anyone makes a racist remark, it's just a silly mistake according to you isn't it?

I'm just here to read

liverpool

"And I dodged fuck all

For about the millionth time,try actually reading what I wrote I did we all did Lionel

Anyway ...

Anyway, from now on if anyone makes a racist remark, it's just a silly mistake according to you isn't it? "

Well boris has made plenty of silly mistakes then

northeast

[Removed by poster at 26/01/21 13:46:05]

northeast

"And I dodged fuck all

Anyway ...

Anyway, from now on if anyone makes a racist remark, it's just a silly mistake according to you isn't it?

Well boris has made plenty of silly mistakes then "

good old boris churchill

By *uliaChrisCouple  over a year ago

westerham

Has he still not called Nicola yet?

» Add a new message to this topic