FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Maybe free trade in the EU doesn’t work

Maybe free trade in the EU doesn’t work

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uliaChris OP   Couple  over a year ago

westerham

“EU leaders have arranged an urgent meeting with AstraZeneca executives after the company unexpectedly slashed its supply of vaccines to the bloc. The vaccine makers have blamed the EU's supply chain for their failure to deliver the promised 80million vaccines by the end of March as part of a £300million deal. AstraZeneca, which developed its shot with Oxford University, said on Friday they could only offer 31million vaccines in the first quarter, a cut of 60 per cent. Furious EU officials said they will investigate their claims and have questioned why Britain is not suffering from similar delays in the rollout.“

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"“EU leaders have arranged an urgent meeting with AstraZeneca executives after the company unexpectedly slashed its supply of vaccines to the bloc. The vaccine makers have blamed the EU's supply chain for their failure to deliver the promised 80million vaccines by the end of March as part of a £300million deal. AstraZeneca, which developed its shot with Oxford University, said on Friday they could only offer 31million vaccines in the first quarter, a cut of 60 per cent. Furious EU officials said they will investigate their claims and have questioned why Britain is not suffering from similar delays in the rollout.“"

Lovely bit of copying and pasting , do you have a source to go with it

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"“EU leaders have arranged an urgent meeting with AstraZeneca executives after the company unexpectedly slashed its supply of vaccines to the bloc. The vaccine makers have blamed the EU's supply chain for their failure to deliver the promised 80million vaccines by the end of March as part of a £300million deal. AstraZeneca, which developed its shot with Oxford University, said on Friday they could only offer 31million vaccines in the first quarter, a cut of 60 per cent. Furious EU officials said they will investigate their claims and have questioned why Britain is not suffering from similar delays in the rollout.“

Lovely bit of copying and pasting , do you have a source to go with it "

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9184203/amp/AstraZeneca-say-meet-EUs-Covid-19-vaccine-demands-blocs-supply-chain-problems.html

Not obsessed obvs

They were blaming Merkel for brext yday

westerham

"“EU leaders have arranged an urgent meeting with AstraZeneca executives after the company unexpectedly slashed its supply of vaccines to the bloc. The vaccine makers have blamed the EU's supply chain for their failure to deliver the promised 80million vaccines by the end of March as part of a £300million deal. AstraZeneca, which developed its shot with Oxford University, said on Friday they could only offer 31million vaccines in the first quarter, a cut of 60 per cent. Furious EU officials said they will investigate their claims and have questioned why Britain is not suffering from similar delays in the rollout.“

Lovely bit of copying and pasting , do you have a source to go with it "

The EU commission have said it directly:

https://www.politico.eu/article/eu-commission-astrazeneca-answers-coronavirus-vaccine-supply-cuts/

Although LBH the commissioners have probably had the vaccine already, certainly many senior Spanish figures have done.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9184203/amp/AstraZeneca-say-meet-EUs-Covid-19-vaccine-demands-blocs-supply-chain-problems.html

Not obsessed obvs

They were blaming Merkel for brext yday"

I saw that, why were they ‘ blaming ‘ her instead of thanking her? They are indicating that Brexit isn’t such a good thing

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Maybe because the uk put a lot more money into developing the vaccine and got the orders in months in advance of the eu mostly due to macron wanting them to buy the french vaccine they gambled and lost.

liverpool

Not obsessed obvs

I saw that, why were they ‘ blaming ‘ her instead of thanking her? They are indicating that Brexit isn’t such a good thing "

I know..seems a bit weird to.be blaming someone for a Glorious Success

Not obsessed obvs

I saw that, why were they ‘ blaming ‘ her instead of thanking her? They are indicating that Brexit isn’t such a good thing

I know..seems a bit weird to.be blaming someone for a Glorious Success"

Exactly, very strange,

"Maybe because the uk put a lot more money into developing the vaccine and got the orders in months in advance of the eu mostly due to macron wanting them to buy the french vaccine they gambled and lost.

"

Did they do this during the transition period??

westerham

“Peter Liese, an EU lawmaker from the same party as Angela Merkel, said: 'The flimsy justification that there are difficulties in the EU supply chain but not elsewhere does not hold water, as it is of course no problem to get the vaccine from the UK to the continent.“

That comment alone blows all remainer arguments out of the window. Would be hilarious if citizens of Europe weren’t going to pay with their lives for this.

near ipswich

"Maybe because the uk put a lot more money into developing the vaccine and got the orders in months in advance of the eu mostly due to macron wanting them to buy the french vaccine they gambled and lost.

Did they do this during the transition period?? "

What do you think?

Did they do this during the transition period?? What do you think?"

Yes it was,

near ipswich

Did they do this during the transition period?? What do you think?

Yes it was, "

and your point is exactly or you just making white noise again?

Yes it was, and your point is exactly or you just making white noise again?"

I just made my point, the UK made the right decision regarding the vaccine but this could have been made when we were in the EU .

But if we had joined the EU vaccination program we would be so much further ahead than were we are now??

"But if we had joined the EU vaccination program we would be so much further ahead than were we are now??"

But we didn’t, and we made what looks like the right decision. Did we have to join the EU vaccination program ??

"But if we had joined the EU vaccination program we would be so much further ahead than were we are now??

But we didn’t, and we made what looks like the right decision. Did we have to join the EU vaccination program ?? "

I think maybe you don't understand sarcasm

near ipswich

Yes it was, and your point is exactly or you just making white noise again?

I just made my point, the UK made the right decision regarding the vaccine but this could have been made when we were in the EU . "

Yes i know that i still dont see your point.

the fact is the uk and usa funded the development of the vaccine on the understanding that their citizens would get priority.if the french one had been approved first im sure it would have been a different story but it wasnt the eu backed the wrong horse and should have invested more money into the development.

"But if we had joined the EU vaccination program we would be so much further ahead than were we are now??

But we didn’t, and we made what looks like the right decision. Did we have to join the EU vaccination program ??

I think maybe you don't understand sarcasm "

Ah, you were being sarcastic? Sorry it’s hard to tell , I keep forgetting to not take what you say on here seriously

I just made my point, the UK made the right decision regarding the vaccine but this could have been made when we were in the EU . Yes i know that i still dont see your point.

the fact is the uk and usa funded the development of the vaccine on the understanding that their citizens would get priority.if the french one had been approved first im sure it would have been a different story but it wasnt the eu backed the wrong horse and should have invested more money into the development."

Hold on, I was laughed at when I suggested that we would have priority when ordering the Astra Zeneca vaccine? I thought that wasn’t allowed and the vaccine was available to all on an equal basis!?

Ah, you were being sarcastic? Sorry it’s hard to tell , I keep forgetting to not take what you say on here seriously "

I seem to remember a whole host of remainers up in arms when we didn't join the EU program. Maybe not yourself, I can't remember who it was

Ah, you were being sarcastic? Sorry it’s hard to tell , I keep forgetting to not take what you say on here seriously

I seem to remember a whole host of remainers up in arms when we didn't join the EU program. Maybe not yourself, I can't remember who it was "

Are you being sarcastic again?

near ipswich

I just made my point, the UK made the right decision regarding the vaccine but this could have been made when we were in the EU . Yes i know that i still dont see your point.

the fact is the uk and usa funded the development of the vaccine on the understanding that their citizens would get priority.if the french one had been approved first im sure it would have been a different story but it wasnt the eu backed the wrong horse and should have invested more money into the development.

Hold on, I was laughed at when I suggested that we would have priority when ordering the Astra Zeneca vaccine? I thought that wasn’t allowed and the vaccine was available to all on an equal basis!? "

Not by me its only common sense if you finance the development you reap the benifits first.

westerham

Brussels won’t even approve the AstraZeneca vaccine until later this week and the much reduced rollout won’t happen until 15th February.

Gobsmacking arrogance that will cost lives. We dodged a bullet for sure.

near ipswich

I seem to remember a whole host of remainers up in arms when we didn't join the EU program. Maybe not yourself, I can't remember who it was "

Yes i remember that too.

Hold on, I was laughed at when I suggested that we would have priority when ordering the Astra Zeneca vaccine? I thought that wasn’t allowed and the vaccine was available to all on an equal basis!? Not by me its only common sense if you finance the development you reap the benifits first."

Really? I honestly thought the same but was rebuked on here for saying it, I thought the vaccines were financed and manufactured by private companies?

"Brussels won’t even approve the AstraZeneca vaccine until later this week and the much reduced rollout won’t happen until 15th February.

Gobsmacking arrogance that will cost lives. We dodged a bullet for sure."

Yes we did, and we managed to do all this whilst being in the EU.

near ipswich

"Brussels won’t even approve the AstraZeneca vaccine until later this week and the much reduced rollout won’t happen until 15th February.

Yes we did, and we managed to do all this whilst being in the EU. "

Get your facts right in the transition we had already left but we were invited to take part and refused.

Yes we did, and we managed to do all this whilst being in the EU. Get your facts right in the transition we had already left but we were invited to take part and refused."

Come one, you know full well we were still bound by EU law, hence why we didn’t make any improved trade deals? We could have done this whilst in the EU

near ipswich

Yes we did, and we managed to do all this whilst being in the EU. Get your facts right in the transition we had already left but we were invited to take part and refused.

Come one, you know full well we were still bound by EU law, hence why we didn’t make any improved trade deals? We could have done this whilst in the EU"

we left the eu mate we were only a member of the single market and customs union.Use your nut if we were in the eu we would have had mep,s in the eu parliment.

Yes we did, and we managed to do all this whilst being in the EU. Get your facts right in the transition we had already left but we were invited to take part and refused.

Come one, you know full well we were still bound by EU law, hence why we didn’t make any improved trade deals? We could have done this whilst in the EUwe left the eu mate we were only a member of the single market and customs union.Use your nut if we were in the eu we would have had mep,s in the eu parliment."

So why didn’t we get any improved trade deals last year??

near ipswich

Come one, you know full well we were still bound by EU law, hence why we didn’t make any improved trade deals? We could have done this whilst in the EUwe left the eu mate we were only a member of the single market and customs union.Use your nut if we were in the eu we would have had mep,s in the eu parliment.

So why didn’t we get any improved trade deals last year?? "

You seem to be getting confused mate.

Come one, you know full well we were still bound by EU law, hence why we didn’t make any improved trade deals? We could have done this whilst in the EUwe left the eu mate we were only a member of the single market and customs union.Use your nut if we were in the eu we would have had mep,s in the eu parliment.

So why didn’t we get any improved trade deals last year?? You seem to be getting confused mate. "

I must be, just to clarify something. The decisions the UK made regarding the vaccines couldn’t have happened whilst we were in the EU?

Why are we talking about trade deals?

His is a thread about the vaccine but as per you wanna drag up anything to do with Brexit.

EU:-'stick with us and we'll sort things for you, we have the expertise and buying power'

Ye right

"Why are we talking about trade deals?

His is a thread about the vaccine but as per you wanna drag up anything to do with Brexit."

The thread is about the EU and the vaccine, I do hope the UK do get the vaccine roll out better that anyone else , after all we have the worst death rate in the World

liverpool

Having the worst death rate in the world is obviously something to crow about

"Having the worst death rate in the world is obviously something to crow about "

Why is it? Why are you crowing about it?

"Having the worst death rate in the world is obviously something to crow about "

Apparently you shouldn’t compare our death rate with the EU but you are allowed to compare our vaccination stats

Just be grateful we are out of the EU

liverpool

"Having the worst death rate in the world is obviously something to crow about

Apparently you shouldn’t compare our death rate with the EU but you are allowed to compare our vaccination stats "

Makes sense

We have just paid another £50,000 to the EU in the last 10 minutes

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

Yes we did, and we managed to do all this whilst being in the EU. "

Except we left the EU before the virus was here. We were in the transition period.

Yes we did, and we managed to do all this whilst being in the EU.

Except we left the EU before the virus was here. We were in the transition period."

O dear,

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

His is a thread about the vaccine but as per you wanna drag up anything to do with Brexit.

The thread is about the EU and the vaccine, I do hope the UK do get the vaccine roll out better that anyone else , after all we have the worst death rate in the World "

I thought we had got the vaccine roll out better than anyone haven’t we ?

The thread is about the EU and the vaccine, I do hope the UK do get the vaccine roll out better that anyone else , after all we have the worst death rate in the World I thought we had got the vaccine roll out better than anyone haven’t we ?"

No, Israel have been the best, the vaccine roll out has been very very good but this has nothing to do with Brexit or the EU so it’s is irrelevant to compare what we’re are doing with what the EU are doing??

Yes we did, and we managed to do all this whilst being in the EU. Get your facts right in the transition we had already left but we were invited to take part and refused."

Mate, the Legal team for the British Medical Association deliberately countered Rees-Moggs line that we approved the vaccine fast because we were out of the EU/leaving.

They stated that there is nothing stopping nation states' own medical associations - British or otherwise, from approving the vaccine independently.

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

Mate, the Legal team for the British Medical Association deliberately countered Rees-Moggs line that we approved the vaccine fast because we were out of the EU/leaving.

They stated that there is nothing stopping nation states' own medical associations - British or otherwise, from approving the vaccine independently."

This is true guys and we have been here before . In cases of emergency or national safety all countries are allowed to approve medicines they see fit without recourse to the EU. Denmark did as we did they were just a bit slower .

thornaby

The thread is about the EU and the vaccine, I do hope the UK do get the vaccine roll out better that anyone else , after all we have the worst death rate in the World I thought we had got the vaccine roll out better than anyone haven’t we ?

No, Israel have been the best, the vaccine roll out has been very very good but this has nothing to do with Brexit or the EU so it’s is irrelevant to compare what we’re are doing with what the EU are doing?? "

nitemare only second best lol

The thread is about the EU and the vaccine, I do hope the UK do get the vaccine roll out better that anyone else , after all we have the worst death rate in the World I thought we had got the vaccine roll out better than anyone haven’t we ?

No, Israel have been the best, the vaccine roll out has been very very good but this has nothing to do with Brexit or the EU so it’s is irrelevant to compare what we’re are doing with what the EU are doing?? nitemare only second best lol"

Unfortunately we have the highest death rate in the world, nightmare

liverpool

No, Israel have been the best, the vaccine roll out has been very very good but this has nothing to do with Brexit or the EU so it’s is irrelevant to compare what we’re are doing with what the EU are doing?? nitemare only second best lol

Unfortunately we have the highest death rate in the world, nightmare "

World beating

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

No, Israel have been the best, the vaccine roll out has been very very good but this has nothing to do with Brexit or the EU so it’s is irrelevant to compare what we’re are doing with what the EU are doing?? nitemare only second best lol

Belguim and Slovenia are higher than the UK.

liverpool

Belguim and Slovenia are higher than the UK. "

Fist pump

thornaby

well I’m proud of how the roll out as gone over 6 and half million now

Grantham

They stated that there is nothing stopping nation states' own medical associations - British or otherwise, from approving the vaccine independently.

This is true guys and we have been here before . In cases of emergency or national safety all countries are allowed to approve medicines they see fit without recourse to the EU. Denmark did as we did they were just a bit slower .

"

How do you stand on Hungary using Chinese and Russian vaccines?

Neither have been approved by the EMA.

Its no coincindence that Orban's goverments eyes have turned East, and are also accepting massive inward investment from both countries.

Unfortunately we have the highest death rate in the world, nightmare well I’m proud of how the roll out as gone over 6 and half million now "

Very impressive, are you concerned about the horrific death rate?

Belguim and Slovenia are higher than the UK. "

My apologies, third highest after Belgium and Slovenia .

My apologies, third highest after Belgium and Slovenia . "

5th highest actually. Still woeful but that's the fact

Grantham

You could also chuck in San Marino and Gibralter, to be really pedantic.

My apologies, third highest after Belgium and Slovenia .

You could also chuck in San Marino and Gibralter, to be really pedantic. "

Yeah, let’s do that, I know San Marino has had 65 deaths in total,

thornaby

Unfortunately we have the highest death rate in the world, nightmare well I’m proud of how the roll out as gone over 6 and half million now

Very impressive, are you concerned about the horrific death rate? "

of corse I am what a stupid question

Unfortunately we have the highest death rate in the world, nightmare well I’m proud of how the roll out as gone over 6 and half million now

Very impressive, are you concerned about the horrific death rate? of corse I am what a stupid question "

Glad to hear, the vaccine roll out is great positive news, the death rate and totals are horrific, it’s mixed emotions

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

Very impressive, are you concerned about the horrific death rate? of corse I am what a stupid question

Glad to hear, the vaccine roll out is great positive news, the death rate and totals are horrific, it’s mixed emotions "

Indeed

thornaby

Very impressive, are you concerned about the horrific death rate? of corse I am what a stupid question

Glad to hear, the vaccine roll out is great positive news, the death rate and totals are horrific, it’s mixed emotions "

I think you call that a pandemic mate know one alive as seen the likes

bournemouth

[Removed by poster at 25/01/21 20:08:48]

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

Its no coincindence that Orban's goverments eyes have turned East, and are also accepting massive inward investment from both countries. "

The EU are not pleased what Hungary have done. I'm not sure how good the Russian and Chinese vaccine is but can't blame them for trying. Apparently it's not good for solidarity

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"“EU leaders have arranged an urgent meeting with AstraZeneca executives after the company unexpectedly slashed its supply of vaccines to the bloc. The vaccine makers have blamed the EU's supply chain for their failure to deliver the promised 80million vaccines by the end of March as part of a £300million deal. AstraZeneca, which developed its shot with Oxford University, said on Friday they could only offer 31million vaccines in the first quarter, a cut of 60 per cent. Furious EU officials said they will investigate their claims and have questioned why Britain is not suffering from similar delays in the rollout.“"
The Eu is jealous it is so bad at doing things compared to Britain we are free we are better.Proof we are better off without them

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

"“EU leaders have arranged an urgent meeting with AstraZeneca executives after the company unexpectedly slashed its supply of vaccines to the bloc. The vaccine makers have blamed the EU's supply chain for their failure to deliver the promised 80million vaccines by the end of March as part of a £300million deal. AstraZeneca, which developed its shot with Oxford University, said on Friday they could only offer 31million vaccines in the first quarter, a cut of 60 per cent. Furious EU officials said they will investigate their claims and have questioned why Britain is not suffering from similar delays in the rollout.“The Eu is jealous it is so bad at doing things compared to Britain we are free we are better.Proof we are better off without them"

Yes and they must be green with envy they haven’t had nearly 100000 deaths! Their funeral companies must be just spitting!

What a ridiculous thing to say. You do come out with some total crap!

"“EU leaders have arranged an urgent meeting with AstraZeneca executives after the company unexpectedly slashed its supply of vaccines to the bloc. The vaccine makers have blamed the EU's supply chain for their failure to deliver the promised 80million vaccines by the end of March as part of a £300million deal. AstraZeneca, which developed its shot with Oxford University, said on Friday they could only offer 31million vaccines in the first quarter, a cut of 60 per cent. Furious EU officials said they will investigate their claims and have questioned why Britain is not suffering from similar delays in the rollout.“The Eu is jealous it is so bad at doing things compared to Britain we are free we are better.Proof we are better off without them"

Hilarious

here

"“EU leaders have arranged an urgent meeting with AstraZeneca executives after the company unexpectedly slashed its supply of vaccines to the bloc. The vaccine makers have blamed the EU's supply chain for their failure to deliver the promised 80million vaccines by the end of March as part of a £300million deal. AstraZeneca, which developed its shot with Oxford University, said on Friday they could only offer 31million vaccines in the first quarter, a cut of 60 per cent. Furious EU officials said they will investigate their claims and have questioned why Britain is not suffering from similar delays in the rollout.“The Eu is jealous it is so bad at doing things compared to Britain we are free we are better.Proof we are better off without them

Hilarious "

Mildly - kind of strange though the Eu health commissioner spends the day threatening AZ on the delivery of a vaccine they haven’t even approved yet, and then earlier this evening an anonymous Eu official starts rubbishing the efficacy of the very same “U.K. vaccine” they want to block for export.

The politics of the Eu vaccine situation is laid open like a warm-reekin, rich haggis on Burns Night ...

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Its no coincindence that Orban's goverments eyes have turned East, and are also accepting massive inward investment from both countries. "

Problem is that the Russian and Chinese vaccines have not been pier reviewed by certified western bodies.. so you are taking the chance of the vaccines based on Russian and Chinese claims....

The one thing that got the uk ahead in this is that NICE reviewed the evidence from the trials from the evidence the manufactures were providing in real time as they were happening ... rather than the EMA in the EU, and the FDA in the US, waiting until everything in the trials were completed before they started making their analysis and pier reviewed .. that is the reason they authorised first

Scientists will tell you it was a risky approach... I don’t know if all medical trials in future will be conducted like this, but it seemed to work on this occasion

Also it seems that the uk have gambled on getting in early and ordering vaccines that has succeeded....

Remember when we had the hydroxi claims at the beginning of the pandemic... the us jumped all over it and outbid everyone on any supplies coming out of countries that made it...

They ended up spending about 50 million on supplies of a drug that was eventually found not to help!

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Are we though? Yeah the EU hasn’t got it’s vaccination program out, but even our response has been pretty pathetic. The endless U Turns the highest death rate in Europe , our hospitals brought to their knees. Endless money being wasted on crap systems, and we only get 1st dose then wait 12 weeks till the next one. Wow we are sooo better off!

A quick vaccination approval is still not going to bring back the over 100,000 victims of this national tragedy.

Brexit gave “freedom” but it also gave the UK more accountability for its own failures.

Which has been patently clear with the poor response we’ve had in dealing with this major crisis.

Grantham

Its no coincindence that Orban's goverments eyes have turned East, and are also accepting massive inward investment from both countries.

Problem is that the Russian and Chinese vaccines have not been pier reviewed by certified western bodies.. so you are taking the chance of the vaccines based on Russian and Chinese claims....

The one thing that got the uk ahead in this is that NICE reviewed the evidence from the trials from the evidence the manufactures were providing in real time as they were happening ... rather than the EMA in the EU, and the FDA in the US, waiting until everything in the trials were completed before they started making their analysis and pier reviewed .. that is the reason they authorised first

Scientists will tell you it was a risky approach... I don’t know if all medical trials in future will be conducted like this, but it seemed to work on this occasion

Also it seems that the uk have gambled on getting in early and ordering vaccines that has succeeded....

Remember when we had the hydroxi claims at the beginning of the pandemic... the us jumped all over it and outbid everyone on any supplies coming out of countries that made it...

They ended up spending about 50 million on supplies of a drug that was eventually found not to help!

"

The Russians submitted some data to the EMA last Wednesday, in the hope that their vaccine would be approved. It may take many weeks for the process to go through.

By *armandwet50Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

But the UK don't have do they? You could point to many countries over the last few months and say "hey look that blip makes you the worst today" Taking the average over the last few months per 1Mil of population UK doesn't even top the Europe table never mind the world table.

Stop with the amateur dramatics and stick with relevant facts

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

"

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

But the UK don't have do they? You could point to many countries over the last few months and say "hey look that blip makes you the worst today" Taking the average over the last few months per 1Mil of population UK doesn't even top the Europe table never mind the world table.

Stop with the amateur dramatics and stick with relevant facts"

By *ljamMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

What has this got to do with free trade in the EU? Not sure the OP has a clue what that actually means...

near ipswich

Why do you find that funny? i cant understand some peoples mentality on here, unbelievable.

Unfortunately we have the highest death rate in the world, nightmare Why do you find that funny? i cant understand some peoples mentality on here, unbelievable."

Tbh I don’t, I clicked the wrong emoji, the is next to the

near ipswich

Thats something at least.

liverpool

Stop with the amateur dramatics and stick with relevant facts"

Whichever way you dress it up we have one of the worse death rates in the world.

Manchester

Whichever way you dress it up we have one of the worse death rates in the world."

Ok, but lets balance that with one of the best vaccine rollouts, number of tests carried out, action is being taken.

near ipswich

Whichever way you dress it up we have one of the worse death rates in the world."

That is true lionel why do you think it is? then i will tell you why i think it is.

Manchester

Portugal is top per Mil of population this last 7 days

liverpool

Whichever way you dress it up we have one of the worse death rates in the world.

Ok, but lets balance that with one of the best vaccine rollouts, number of tests carried out, action is being taken."

The vaccine roll out has been excellent so far

However that doesnt mean what's happened before is forgotten.

liverpool

Whichever way you dress it up we have one of the worse death rates in the world.That is true lionel why do you think it is? then i will tell you why i think it is."

Probally a variety of reasons

near ipswich

Whichever way you dress it up we have one of the worse death rates in the world.That is true lionel why do you think it is? then i will tell you why i think it is.

Probally a variety of reasons "

Glad we agree then so trying to compare numbers is stupid.

So how do we all feel about the EU deciding they're gonna make it harder for vaccine manufacturers to export now?

Seems to me like they don't get their own way so now wanna make it harder for everyone

here

"So how do we all feel about the EU deciding they're gonna make it harder for vaccine manufacturers to export now?

Seems to me like they don't get their own way so now wanna make it harder for everyone "

It’s not everyone - just the U.K.

And Humanitarian shipments unaffected

near ipswich

"So how do we all feel about the EU deciding they're gonna make it harder for vaccine manufacturers to export now?

Seems to me like they don't get their own way so now wanna make it harder for everyone "

Make you laugh dont they already moaning they they wont get the amount of a vaccine that they haven't even approved yet and are saying their quota has been sent to other countries.The sheer arrogance expecting their quota to be saved and other countries to go without while they make up their mind to approve it.

Seems to me like they don't get their own way so now wanna make it harder for everyone

It’s not everyone - just the U.K.

And Humanitarian shipments unaffected

"

They wouldn't possibly just make it harder for the UK would they?

Surely that would just be pretty

Manchester

Seems to me like they don't get their own way so now wanna make it harder for everyone Make you laugh dont they already moaning they they wont get the amount of a vaccine that they haven't even approved yet and are saying their quota has been sent to other countries.The sheer arrogance expecting their quota to be saved and other countries to go without while they make up their mind to approve it."

this !

Manchester

Ok, but lets balance that with one of the best vaccine rollouts, number of tests carried out, action is being taken.

The vaccine roll out has been excellent so far

However that doesnt mean what's happened before is forgotten.

"

I don't think anybody is advocating to forget, it should be a harsh lesson for all.

westerham

What has this got to do with free trade in the EU? Not sure the OP has a clue what that actually means..."

To be specific, we keep getting told how seamless trade within the EU is, same for every country, no customs checks yawn yawn

And yet, when it really, really, matters, Brussels has degenerated into a total shambles, taking legal action to prevent individual countries organising their own vaccination programme. Threatening to blockade Belgium to prevent vaccines being exported.

I reckon there will be a few European citizens who want a bit less free trade and a bit more action with some heads knocked together.

near ipswich

What has this got to do with free trade in the EU? Not sure the OP has a clue what that actually means...

To be specific, we keep getting told how seamless trade within the EU is, same for every country, no customs checks yawn yawn

And yet, when it really, really, matters, Brussels has degenerated into a total shambles, taking legal action to prevent individual countries organising their own vaccination programme. Threatening to blockade Belgium to prevent vaccines being exported.

I reckon there will be a few European citizens who want a bit less free trade and a bit more action with some heads knocked together. "

lucky for the uk it has its own production too in Wrexham.

Manchester

"

If it's a war they want?

By *ljamMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I reckon there will be a few European citizens who want a bit less free trade and a bit more action with some heads knocked together. "

But that's got nothing to do with free trade within the EU between member states.

liverpool

Nothing like a good old persecution complex

thornaby

"“EU leaders have arranged an urgent meeting with AstraZeneca executives after the company unexpectedly slashed its supply of vaccines to the bloc. The vaccine makers have blamed the EU's supply chain for their failure to deliver the promised 80million vaccines by the end of March as part of a £300million deal. AstraZeneca, which developed its shot with Oxford University, said on Friday they could only offer 31million vaccines in the first quarter, a cut of 60 per cent. Furious EU officials said they will investigate their claims and have questioned why Britain is not suffering from similar delays in the rollout.“The Eu is jealous it is so bad at doing things compared to Britain we are free we are better.Proof we are better off without them

Yes and they must be green with envy they haven’t had nearly 100000 deaths! Their funeral companies must be just spitting!

What a ridiculous thing to say. You do come out with some total crap! "

mate you know fine well other countries are counting the deaths differently to the U.K. waot for a yr or two and numbers are crunched hardly anyone is dying of anything else right now I don’t believe it will be anything like the numbers we see or read

This is actually a severe concern for the UK, EEA member states, and US.

Since the 1400's the Balkans and caparthian mountains have been quite cut off from Western and Central Europe, pushing them into the geopolitical realm of the Eastern powers far more.

Apparently China has eyes on building a canal from the black sea, parallel to the Danube.

This would put the Eastern EU states firmly in the economic sphere of China, and to a lesser extent Russia and Turkey.

Regardless of anyone's stance on the EU, if you value the values of the 'West', seeing this geopolitical positioning, symbolised by China's and Russia's vaccine, should raise some security concerns.

What a ridiculous thing to say. You do come out with some total crap! mate you know fine well other countries are counting the deaths differently to the U.K. waot for a yr or two and numbers are crunched hardly anyone is dying of anything else right now I don’t believe it will be anything like the numbers we see or read "

Can you elaborate on how differently deaths are counted in other countries? How do they do in similar countries to us?

bournemouth

We count anyone who has had a positive test within 28 days as dying OF it, when in fact they might just die with it, very different others are counting deaths only when actually dying of it IE the major cause not just a contributing cause.

"We count anyone who has had a positive test within 28 days as dying OF it, when in fact they might just die with it, very different others are counting deaths only when actually dying of it IE the major cause not just a contributing cause.

"

Thanks for the answer. Which countries though? That’s still a bit vague in a way because if people use this argument to defend the government we need to know which countries do this. We have always removed about 6000 deaths from the total if I remember well. Otherwise it’s a bit like them telling us that we have the best app in the world when it’s completely crap.

bournemouth

"We count anyone who has had a positive test within 28 days as dying OF it, when in fact they might just die with it, very different others are counting deaths only when actually dying of it IE the major cause not just a contributing cause.

Thanks for the answer. Which countries though? That’s still a bit vague in a way because if people use this argument to defend the government we need to know which countries do this. We have always removed about 6000 deaths from the total if I remember well. Otherwise it’s a bit like them telling us that we have the best app in the world when it’s completely crap. "

From a skiing friend who lives in Germany he says that's what they do, assume he is right. China must be another one last time I saw something I think they say 4000 died, that is frankly nonsense.

I dont think we will ever know the exact stats because it's very hard to know the exact cause of death without a PM.

I think the more useful stat is the variation between different groups within this country, it will help us target treatments and preventions for the future.

Thanks for the answer. Which countries though? That’s still a bit vague in a way because if people use this argument to defend the government we need to know which countries do this. We have always removed about 6000 deaths from the total if I remember well. Otherwise it’s a bit like them telling us that we have the best app in the world when it’s completely crap.

From a skiing friend who lives in Germany he says that's what they do, assume he is right. China must be another one last time I saw something I think they say 4000 died, that is frankly nonsense.

I dont think we will ever know the exact stats because it's very hard to know the exact cause of death without a PM.

I think the more useful stat is the variation between different groups within this country, it will help us target treatments and preventions for the future."

Thanks for the answer. Ok, so we can’t be adamant that other countries are doing as badly as this as another person was pointing out above.

I agree about your point about excess deaths but it’ll probably the least worse tool to make comparisons in the long term.

Manchester

Thanks for the answer. Which countries though? That’s still a bit vague in a way because if people use this argument to defend the government we need to know which countries do this. We have always removed about 6000 deaths from the total if I remember well. Otherwise it’s a bit like them telling us that we have the best app in the world when it’s completely crap. "

I am currently in Bulgaria and have been for most of this pandemic. Here they list as few people as possible dying with covid. Putin has already admitted his figures are probably only 30% of actual.

Nothing to defend any government for all are doing the best in a bad situation.

The only Government that should be taken to task is China, watch the BBC program 54 days and you decide if they could have limited this virus or not?

liverpool

I am currently in Bulgaria and have been for most of this pandemic. Here they list as few people as possible dying with covid. Putin has already admitted his figures are probably only 30% of actual.

Nothing to defend any government for all are doing the best in a bad situation.

The only Government that should be taken to task is China, watch the BBC program 54 days and you decide if they could have limited this virus or not?"

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

I believe France has stopped publishing year on year death figures since last May, I wonder why, their infection rate and hospital admissions suggest that their death due to covid might not be that accurate, or the NHS are not so good at treating our admissions.

» Add a new message to this topic