FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Pound going up get ready to party

Pound going up get ready to party

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uliaChris OP   Couple  over a year ago

westerham

Already nearly upto 1.14 against the Euro. Won't be long before we get to at least 1.35 or 1.40 and as soon as travel is back on we can use our new British Empire purchasing power to enjoy French lobster and Italian wine overlooking the med. Exciting times ahead.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

I wouldn't be making any plans just that. The markets aren't as nearly as optimistic as you!

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

If I might just bend the subject a little too, I have ordered a lot of stuff directly from the EU over this last week and a bit, and to a one I have had no excess duty or VAT that I wouldn't have paid before brexit.

I had to speak to one company by phone about laser service parts and asked them how they were managing with import into the UK.

"Additional cost has been slight. We would rather pay/absorb those than lose the volume of business to a very valuable UK Market."

westerham

"If I might just bend the subject a little too, I have ordered a lot of stuff directly from the EU over this last week and a bit, and to a one I have had no excess duty or VAT that I wouldn't have paid before brexit.

I had to speak to one company by phone about laser service parts and asked them how they were managing with import into the UK.

"Additional cost has been slight. We would rather pay/absorb those than lose the volume of business to a very valuable UK Market."

"

Great stuff and no surprise. We do a lot of import export and no issues here either.

Buy pounds, sell Euros = profit

By *ild_oatsMan  over a year ago

the land of saints & sinners

I certainly would not bet your house on it..

Inflows in to UK assets might not be as supportive to GBP as you imagine if equity exposure is hedged. Also the build up in external liabilities creates outflows.

A big problem for Sterling is if the debt issued by the UK is unable to get large investments flows.

I think the market is going to be sluggish for at least the next 6 months especially if the Bank of England thinks about cutting interest rates to 0% or below.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Already nearly upto 1.14 against the Euro. Won't be long before we get to at least 1.35 or 1.40 and as soon as travel is back on we can use our new British Empire purchasing power to enjoy French lobster and Italian wine overlooking the med. Exciting times ahead. "

It’s gone down to 1.13 now,

"Already nearly upto 1.14 against the Euro. Won't be long before we get to at least 1.35 or 1.40 and as soon as travel is back on we can use our new British Empire purchasing power to enjoy French lobster and Italian wine overlooking the med. Exciting times ahead.

It’s gone down to 1.13 now, "

In fairness to the OP. 1.13 is "nearly 1.14".

westerham

"Already nearly upto 1.14 against the Euro. Won't be long before we get to at least 1.35 or 1.40 and as soon as travel is back on we can use our new British Empire purchasing power to enjoy French lobster and Italian wine overlooking the med. Exciting times ahead.

In fairness to the OP. 1.13 is "nearly 1.14"."

It’s ticking up this morning.

I do think we owe it to our European friends to holiday and spend abroad to keep their employment, particularly youth employment, going to some extent. They are going to find life very tough post Brexit.

It’s ticking up this morning.

I do think we owe it to our European friends to holiday and spend abroad to keep their employment, particularly youth employment, going to some extent. They are going to find life very tough post Brexit."

It’s 1.13 , I know your trolling but this is comedy gold again

In fairness to the OP. 1.13 is "nearly 1.14"."

True, it’s also nearly 1.12,

True, it’s also nearly 1.12, "

This day last week. It was both, nearly up to 1.14 and nearly down to 1.12.

What’s all the fuss about the pound going up?

The Brexiteers didn’t seem to have a problem when it crashed by 20% on the day of the referendum. Are the telling us that it was a bad thing that it bad news then when it collapsed? I thought it wasn’t an issue!

I don’t get it with these weather vanes. When it crashes, it’s good for our exports. And when it goes up a tiny bit they’re all excited.

Probably another win win fantasy of the unicorn fetishists. The dreamland lovers keep giving.

This day last year the pound was both nearly upto 1.19 to the euro. And also nearly as low as 1.17.

This day five years ago the pound was both nearly upto 1.32 to the euro. And also nearly as low as 1.30.

Some people will never see the good in any news. Well except the sky has fallen further.

Then there are those who just add a rant of nonsense name-calling at the end of every post that adds nothing meaningful except for hatred and distaste.

westerham

Of course if remoaners hadn’t held things up for so long, we could have achieved these rates 5 years ago and been reaping the benefits ever since.

Remoaners have a lot to answer for.

"Some people will never see the good in any news. Well except the sky has fallen further.

Then there are those who just add a rant of nonsense name-calling at the end of every post that adds nothing meaningful except for hatred and distaste."

I don’t agree to be honest. Five years ago we were told that the pound falling down wasn’t a good thing and that it was great for exports. Now the same ones are raving about the pound going slightly up. Which one is it?

I don’t know if some people can never see any positive news but you’ll have to admit that it if five to have the pound plunging at the time, it doesn’t make sense to celebrate it going up?

So which it?

"Of course if remoaners hadn’t held things up for so long, we could have achieved these rates 5 years ago and been reaping the benefits ever since.

Remoaners have a lot to answer for."

Five years ago the rate was 1.31.

Are you blaming "remoaners" for the rate not being as low as today's 1.13?

[Removed by poster at 27/01/21 13:07:16]

"Some people will never see the good in any news. Well except the sky has fallen further.

Then there are those who just add a rant of nonsense name-calling at the end of every post that adds nothing meaningful except for hatred and distaste.

I don’t agree to be honest. Five years ago we were told that the pound falling down wasn’t a good thing and that it was great for exports. Now the same ones are raving about the pound going slightly up. Which one is it?

I don’t know if some people can never see any positive news but you’ll have to admit that it if five to have the pound plunging at the time, it doesn’t make sense to celebrate it going up?

So which it? "

While mostly you add a raft of name- calling to the end of each of your posts I'm not really that inclined to debate with you one way or the other.

"Of course if remoaners hadn’t held things up for so long, we could have achieved these rates 5 years ago and been reaping the benefits ever since.

Remoaners have a lot to answer for."

So when the pound collapsed by 20% overnight on the day of the referendum it was because of the remoaners?

Are you on tour soon so that I can book tickets for your next show. Which part of the empire are you touring first?

westerham

So when the pound collapsed by 20% overnight on the day of the referendum it was because of the remoaners?

Are you on tour soon so that I can book tickets for your next show. Which part of the empire are you touring first?"

Yes, it went down because of hysterical shrieking remoaners preaching the end of the world with no evidence. Ridiculous borderline criminal behaviour.

[Removed by poster at 27/01/21 13:15:34]

Are you on tour soon so that I can book tickets for your next show. Which part of the empire are you touring first?

Yes, it went down because of hysterical shrieking remoaners preaching the end of the world with no evidence. Ridiculous borderline criminal behaviour."

Just so we're clear.

But people who question brexit are displaying "borderline criminal behaviour"?

Meanwhile Leave.EU who broke the law. Are cool?

So which it?

While mostly you add a raft of name- calling to the end of each of your posts I'm not really that inclined to debate with you one way or the other.

"

Name calling? Oh dear! Where exactly? Some people like posting controversial topics and almost troll and then get all emotional when they get one or two strong replies.

"Already nearly upto 1.14 against the Euro. Won't be long before we get to at least 1.35 or 1.40 and as soon as travel is back on we can use our new British Empire purchasing power to enjoy French lobster and Italian wine overlooking the med. Exciting times ahead. "

A golden future in comedy awaits you.

Yes, it went down because of hysterical shrieking remoaners preaching the end of the world with no evidence. Ridiculous borderline criminal behaviour."

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

If you believe this... I have a Nigeria Prince with a lot of money wanting to put it in your account..... all I need are your bank details!

Are you on tour soon so that I can book tickets for your next show. Which part of the empire are you touring first?"

My vote is for a tour of the South Shetland Islands......

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS  over a year ago

Notts

that was easy fishing lol

westerham

If you believe this... I have a Nigeria Prince with a lot of money wanting to put it in your account..... all I need are your bank details! "

I bet you ten Nigerian Nairas that it comes true by June

The pound is still at 1.13 this afternoon. How's the currency party going?

westerham

"The pound is still at 1.13 this afternoon. How's the currency party going?"

And what’s the shape of the graph? It’s trending up isn’t it, go on, admit it.

[Removed by poster at 27/01/21 16:53:47]

"The pound is still at 1.13 this afternoon. How's the currency party going?

And what’s the shape of the graph? It’s trending up isn’t it, go on, admit it. "

If you lookat the last six hours it's dropping.

If you look at the last 12 hours its an inverted V.

If you look at the last five years since the referendum it's a long downward slope with drops sharply at the point of the referendum, when we left the EU and again when the transition phase ended.

So what timescale do you want me to look at to "admit" the graph is trending up.

Between 2pm and 3pm today. It trended up for 1 hour. And move 0.2p up. How's that?

"The pound is still at 1.13 this afternoon. How's the currency party going?

And what’s the shape of the graph? It’s trending up isn’t it, go on, admit it. "

All depends on the time scale of the graph

Over the last 5 day it’s remained between 1.12 and 1.13

Over the last month again the same.

As in my previous post due to reasons outlined the Sterling is going to be sluggish over the next 6 months or greater.

Though feel free to bet your house on a wild swing to 1.31 and above.

Newcastle and Gateshead

If you believe this... I have a Nigeria Prince with a lot of money wanting to put it in your account..... all I need are your bank details!

I bet you ten Nigerian Nairas that it comes true by June "

Which June is it that you speak of?

Dropped 0.3p from the high earlier today. Still at 1.13 though.

Hope this doesn't effect the partying over at your place.

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

Even if we remained the pound would have dropped, the Eurocrats always complained that sterling was not achieving parity, which the EU have used to persuade the UK to move to the euro.

Still at 1.13 today.

How was the all night party at your gaff?

"Still at 1.13 today.

How was the all night party at your gaff?"

Update. Still at 1.13

How's the party raging?

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

With the thread title I got momentarily excited thinking ooo 1.25? Because I remember when the pound actually did

westerham

It's trending up don't worry gonna be a fantastic summer eating lobster

"It's trending up don't worry gonna be a fantastic summer eating lobster "

Aren't you going to be eating happy British lobster?

If so, the exchange rate against the Euro should be a factor.

Still at 1.13

Still at 1.13 today!

How's the lobster party going?

You must be hitting it hard. The pound has been at 1.13 to the Euro all week.

westerham

"Still at 1.13 today!

You must be hitting it hard. The pound has been at 1.13 to the Euro all week."

Upto 1.14 this morning the only way is up isn't it fantastic news?

"Still at 1.13 today!

Upto 1.14 this morning the only way is up isn't it fantastic news? "

Don't quaff too much lobster. Be in it for the long haul!

"Still at 1.13 today!

Upto 1.14 this morning the only way is up isn't it fantastic news? "

Still only at 1.13 this afternoon....

Your party must be rocking with all these wild currency fluctuations

Might just want to go easy on the lobster.....

westerham

Be nice if people talked the country up a bit tbh

[Removed by poster at 01/02/21 13:40:35]

"Be nice if people talked the country up a bit tbh "

Is boasting about eating lobster while the currency remains relatively flat and low against the euro, talking the country up?

I'll be 100% honest. Minor fluctuations in the value of the pound against the Euro is unrelated to my weekly lobster consumption rate.

"Be nice if people talked the country up a bit tbh

Is boasting about eating lobster while the currency remains relatively flat and low against the euro, talking the country up?

I'll be 100% honest. Minor fluctuations in the value of the pound against the Euro is unrelated to my weekly lobster consumption rate."

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

aw there’s some ppl that could never talk there country up it’s not in there nature they live for the negatives lol

I'll be 100% honest. Minor fluctuations in the value of the pound against the Euro is unrelated to my weekly lobster consumption rate."

I have had to take my party hat off and remove all the Union Jack bunting again , when can we start this party

"Be nice if people talked the country up a bit tbh aw there’s some ppl that could never talk there country up it’s not in there nature they live for the negatives lol"

Do you celebrate like the OP every time we get a minor increase in the pounds value to the euro ?

Notts

"Be nice if people talked the country up a bit tbh aw there’s some ppl that could never talk there country up it’s not in there nature they live for the negatives lol"

its much harder to be constructive than destructive..... any idiot can knock things over and pick at them, making them in the first place actually takes thought... hence lots of tyre kickers lol

"Be nice if people talked the country up a bit tbh aw there’s some ppl that could never talk there country up it’s not in there nature they live for the negatives lol

its much harder to be constructive than destructive..... any idiot can knock things over and pick at them, making them in the first place actually takes thought... hence lots of tyre kickers lol "

Or, it's much easier to accept the situation, do as you're told without asking any questions than it is to speak out, want to promote positive change.

I'll be 100% honest. Minor fluctuations in the value of the pound against the Euro is unrelated to my weekly lobster consumption rate.

I have had to take my party hat off and remove all the Union Jack bunting again , when can we start this party "

Keep the party streamers close by. The pound will go up a little again at some point in the next day or so.

Did the ‘talking up’ people talk the country down when the pound crashed?

I won’t talk up the pound until it’s back where it was the day before the referendum.

Carry on talking up!

westerham

"Be nice if people talked the country up a bit tbh aw there’s some ppl that could never talk there country up it’s not in there nature they live for the negatives lol

its much harder to be constructive than destructive..... any idiot can knock things over and pick at them, making them in the first place actually takes thought... hence lots of tyre kickers lol

Or, it's much easier to accept the situation, do as you're told without asking any questions than it is to speak out, want to promote positive change."

Go on then, what positive change are you promoting?

Or, it's much easier to accept the situation, do as you're told without asking any questions than it is to speak out, want to promote positive change.

Go on then, what positive change are you promoting? "

In this thread. Nothing, I'm just encouraging you to eat your celebration lobster responsibly.

And just asking if your lobster party based on the low valuation of the pound Vs the euro was an example of talking up the country.

I have had to take my party hat off and remove all the Union Jack bunting again , when can we start this party

Keep the party streamers close by. The pound will go up a little again at some point in the next day or so."

This is exhausting, my lobster will never get cooked at this rate ,

Keep the party streamers close by. The pound will go up a little again at some point in the next day or so.

This is exhausting, my lobster will never get cooked at this rate , "

Shhhh. Don't tell the OP, but I've never eaten a lobster.

This is exhausting, my lobster will never get cooked at this rate ,

Shhhh. Don't tell the OP, but I've never eaten a lobster."

Really? your missing out . ‘Pound to the Euro increase celebratory lobster’ is supposed to be the best though, I just don’t know when to eat it

For some reasons I don’t think that even 2% of brexiters have had lobster once in their life.

westerham

"For some reasons I don’t think that even 2% of brexiters have had lobster once in their life. "

Oh its perfectly true that Brussels is the epicentre of lobster and champagne binging using taxpayer money.

But now we get to have some of what they're having. Great innit

thornaby

Do you celebrate like the OP every time we get a minor increase in the pounds value to the euro ? "

proves my point lol

"Did the ‘talking up’ people talk the country down when the pound crashed?

I won’t talk up the pound until it’s back where it was the day before the referendum.

Carry on talking up! "

1.23 isn't exactly earth shattering either.

Granted it's better than where it is now but in 2000 in reached the dizzy heights of 1.72

Do you celebrate like the OP every time we get a minor increase in the pounds value to the euro ? proves my point lol"

So we should talk up the country when the pound is very low against the euro?

"For some reasons I don’t think that even 2% of brexiters have had lobster once in their life.

Oh its perfectly true that Brussels is the epicentre of lobster and champagne binging using taxpayer money.

But now we get to have some of what they're having. Great innit "

I hear that Boris is eating deep fried mars bars with candy floss at the canteen of the Commons. He gets a 5% discount with his Morrisons card.

thornaby

Do you celebrate like the OP every time we get a minor increase in the pounds value to the euro ? proves my point lol

So we should talk up the country when the pound is very low against the euro?"

no you talk how you want mate

Do you celebrate like the OP every time we get a minor increase in the pounds value to the euro ? proves my point lol

So we should talk up the country when the pound is very low against the euro?no you talk how you want mate "

Optimal.

Then I choose to talk up the good things about the country and be critical of the bad.

Minor fluctuations in the value of the pound are unrelated to my opinion of the UK.

By *renzMan  over a year ago

Between Chichester and Havant

Or, it's much easier to accept the situation, do as you're told without asking any questions than it is to speak out, want to promote positive change."

I agree with you wholeheartedly!

Which is why the majority voted to leave!

Much better than just accepting the situation as was!

westerham

Brexiteers generally approve of free speech

thornaby

So we should talk up the country when the pound is very low against the euro?no you talk how you want mate

Optimal.

Then I choose to talk up the good things about the country and be critical of the bad.

Minor fluctuations in the value of the pound are unrelated to my opinion of the UK. "

so what is your opinion of the U.K. then ???

"Brexiteers generally approve of free speech "

Free speech was not always welcome in some parts of the Empire especially the ones where we ran some forms of concentration camps.

"Brexiteers generally approve of free speech "

That is a vague statement, can you back up this claim?

So we should talk up the country when the pound is very low against the euro?no you talk how you want mate

Optimal.

Minor fluctuations in the value of the pound are unrelated to my opinion of the UK. so what is your opinion of the U.K. then ???"

Great country with a lot of problems.

Much better than just accepting the situation as was!"

I said "positive change".

thornaby

Optimal.

Minor fluctuations in the value of the pound are unrelated to my opinion of the UK. so what is your opinion of the U.K. then ???

Great country with a lot of problems."

so like most of the rest of the world then lol

[Removed by poster at 01/02/21 15:06:57]

Optimal.

Minor fluctuations in the value of the pound are unrelated to my opinion of the UK. so what is your opinion of the U.K. then ???

Great country with a lot of problems. so like most of the rest of the world then lol"

Well exactly.

But it's part of the establishment agenda to paint anyone who doesn't just blindly accept the problems as a "moaner", someone "who hates their own country" or someone who "should get behind the country".

It's sad.

westerham

"Brexiteers generally approve of free speech

That is a vague statement, can you back up this claim? "

Sounds like you're trying to limit my free speech

thornaby

Optimal.

Great country with a lot of problems. so like most of the rest of the world then lol

Well exactly.

But it's part of the establishment agenda to paint anyone who doesn't just blindly accept the problems as a "moaner", someone "who hates their own country" or someone who "should get behind the country".

It's sad."

I know you don’t accept the problems judging by your posts but are u actually doing anything about them or just letting ppl on here lnow ? It’s a genuin question because ppl come on here constantly saying they don’t accept this and that but when you ask what are they doing about it they fade away

By *renzMan  over a year ago

Between Chichester and Havant

Much better than just accepting the situation as was!

I said "positive change"."

You did. It is.

Sounds like you're trying to limit my free speech "

They actually asked you to say more things.

Optimal.

Great country with a lot of problems. so like most of the rest of the world then lol

Well exactly.

It's sad.I know you don’t accept the problems judging by your posts but are u actually doing anything about them or just letting ppl on here lnow ? It’s a genuin question because ppl come on here constantly saying they don’t accept this and that but when you ask what are they doing about it they fade away "

Yeah of course I do.

I'm well aware that talking on here is pointless in terms of changing anyone's opinion. If someone believes that brexit is a good idea, or that the virus is a hoax etc. An internet argument won't make a jot of difference.

Personally I'm interested in the effect that all forms of media has on public perception and public opinion. Also it's fun to make fun of the more bizarre stuff that pops up here from time to time. Sure I get bogged down in rediculous arguments. But I try not to.

thornaby

Optimal.

Well exactly.

It's sad.I know you don’t accept the problems judging by your posts but are u actually doing anything about them or just letting ppl on here lnow ? It’s a genuin question because ppl come on here constantly saying they don’t accept this and that but when you ask what are they doing about it they fade away

Yeah of course I do.

I'm well aware that talking on here is pointless in terms of changing anyone's opinion. If someone believes that brexit is a good idea, or that the virus is a hoax etc. An internet argument won't make a jot of difference.

Personally I'm interested in the effect that all forms of media has on public perception and public opinion. Also it's fun to make fun of the more bizarre stuff that pops up here from time to time. Sure I get bogged down in rediculous arguments. But I try not to.

"

try not to pmsl it’s bastard impossible mate I know what you mean tho it’s mainly a bit of craic and don’t try change ppls opinions it’s great that we are allowed to have them some ppl are not as lucky as us

Optimal.

Well exactly.

It's sad.I know you don’t accept the problems judging by your posts but are u actually doing anything about them or just letting ppl on here lnow ? It’s a genuin question because ppl come on here constantly saying they don’t accept this and that but when you ask what are they doing about it they fade away

Yeah of course I do.

try not to pmsl it’s bastard impossible mate I know what you mean tho it’s mainly a bit of craic and don’t try change ppls opinions it’s great that we are allowed to have them some ppl are not as lucky as us "

I'll drink to that.

westerham

They actually asked you to say more things. "

No, they asked me to say more of the "correct" things according to their view of the world. That's not free speech.

No, they asked me to say more of the "correct" things according to their view of the world. That's not free speech. "

NO.... wrong inference... just your projection.They only asked to back up your claim at no point did the questioner ask you to post “correct” claims.

If you need help with your reading and comprehension I’m fairly certain there are some teachers that could an online lesson or two for you.

No, they asked me to say more of the "correct" things according to their view of the world. That's not free speech. "

No they didn't. You made that up and quoted a word they didn't use.

westerham

No, they asked me to say more of the "correct" things according to their view of the world. That's not free speech.

No they didn't. You made that up and quoted a word they didn't use. "

No it was clearly a pejorative reply

No it was clearly a pejorative reply "

In what way is asking for more information pejorative or restricting to your free speech?

westerham

In what way is asking for more information pejorative or restricting to your free speech?"

Saying my reply was 'vague' is pejorative and brooks no further contribution.

[Removed by poster at 01/02/21 17:14:43]

In what way is asking for more information pejorative or restricting to your free speech?

Saying my reply was 'vague' is pejorative and brooks no further contribution. "

I asked you to back up your spurious claim

because Brexiteers , generally , do not understand the meaning of free speech

because Brexiteers , generally , do not understand the meaning of free speech"

Conveniently demonstrated by this pro brexit forum member not understanding free speech in this and in other threads.

because Brexiteers , generally , do not understand the meaning of free speech

Conveniently demonstrated by this pro brexit forum member not understanding free speech in this and in other threads. "

Perfectly illustrated

Notts

have some people on here got computer programmes that just reel out the same propaganda? because often its the same words in a different order lol

"have some people on here got computer programmes that just reel out the same propaganda? because often its the same words in a different order lol "

Hah maybe.

The OP seems the only one advocating bringing back the British empire. Or having lobster parties to celebrate the value of the pound

Newcastle and Gateshead

You went a bit “North Korean state media” though....

You are like Pravda but without the good bits

By *L RogueMan  over a year ago

London

"have some people on here got computer programmes that just reel out the same propaganda? because often its the same words in a different order lol "

There's a lot of propaganda. Some labelled "scaremongering" or "moaning." Some labelled as "lies" or "speculation"

Only time will tell..

thornaby

"have some people on here got computer programmes that just reel out the same propaganda? because often its the same words in a different order lol

There's a lot of propaganda. Some labelled "scaremongering" or "moaning." Some labelled as "lies" or "speculation"

Only time will tell.."

some on here just won’t give it time tho

"have some people on here got computer programmes that just reel out the same propaganda? because often its the same words in a different order lol

Only time will tell.. some on here just won’t give it time tho "

How long do we need to wait before we see some news about any benefits that will offset the costs to the economy, jobs lost, businesses closing and extra red tape that's been introduced?

thornaby

Only time will tell.. some on here just won’t give it time tho

How long do we need to wait before we see some news about any benefits that will offset the costs to the economy, jobs lost, businesses closing and extra red tape that's been introduced?"

I rest my case lol

How long do we need to wait before we see some news about any benefits that will offset the costs to the economy, jobs lost, businesses closing and extra red tape that's been introduced? I rest my case lol"

Indeed. But it's bad news after bad news with no sign of an improvement.

Whenever we ask about it we're told either.

A. You must have mental health problems.

B. You should stop moaning.

C. You should leave the UK.

But never any indication of any news when to expect this brexit bonanza.

thornaby

How long do we need to wait before we see some news about any benefits that will offset the costs to the economy, jobs lost, businesses closing and extra red tape that's been introduced? I rest my case lol

But never any indication of any news when to expect this brexit bonanza. "

when there was good news about Nissan on here I noticed a few hardened remainers on here didn’t have much to say there’s a shock

How long do we need to wait before we see some news about any benefits that will offset the costs to the economy, jobs lost, businesses closing and extra red tape that's been introduced? I rest my case lol

But never any indication of any news when to expect this brexit bonanza. when there was good news about Nissan on here I noticed a few hardened remainers on here didn’t have much to say there’s a shock "

I saw that. Great, but a small drop in the ocean of bad news.

I know it won't be resolved here. But it would be great to know where brexiteers get their optimism from.

But never any indication of any news when to expect this brexit bonanza. when there was good news about Nissan on here I noticed a few hardened remainers on here didn’t have much to say there’s a shock

I know it won't be resolved here. But it would be great to know where brexiteers get their optimism from."

Maybe leave voters are just more 'glass half full' people than remain voters.

I'm yet to see any bad news that isn't short term or scaremongering apart from what 'red tape' which isn't even red tape if you've ever done business outside of the EU

thornaby

But never any indication of any news when to expect this brexit bonanza. when there was good news about Nissan on here I noticed a few hardened remainers on here didn’t have much to say there’s a shock

I know it won't be resolved here. But it would be great to know where brexiteers get their optimism from."

you say that bud but we won’t know if jobs are lost or created due to brecit for a while as we have a little problem called covid to deal with like the rest of the world maybe brexiteers are a glad half full ppl we just prefer to look up not down mate I just couldn’t live my life like some on here this isn’t aimed at you mate but I do wonder how many remainers on here have a happy life away from fab

I know it won't be resolved here. But it would be great to know where brexiteers get their optimism from.you say that bud but we won’t know if jobs are lost or created due to brecit for a while as we have a little problem called covid to deal with like the rest of the world maybe brexiteers are a glad half full ppl we just prefer to look up not down mate I just couldn’t live my life like some on here this isn’t aimed at you mate but I do wonder how many remainers on here have a happy life away from fab "

Right but you can see the effect it's having on business. And all the companies the shut up shop before the deadline and relocated.

And optimism is good. But I mean specifically towards brexit. Otherwise you could be glass half full about remaining.

thornaby

can I ask you a question and answer honestly if you could have only one night in a swingers club and one was full of leeavers the other remainers and you just wanted to party and have a laugh a bit of craic and some fun which one would you choose and be honest I’ll go forst the leave one lol

I know it won't be resolved here. But it would be great to know where brexiteers get their optimism from.can I ask you a question and answer honestly if you could have only one night in a swingers club and one was full of leeavers the other remainers and you just wanted to party and have a laugh a bit of craic and some fun which one would you choose and be honest I’ll go forst the leave one lol"

That's a good question. I imagine most people on either side are just nice normal people.

But if pushed, obviously I'm going to say remainers.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

I know it won't be resolved here. But it would be great to know where brexiteers get their optimism from.can I ask you a question and answer honestly if you could have only one night in a swingers club and one was full of leeavers the other remainers and you just wanted to party and have a laugh a bit of craic and some fun which one would you choose and be honest I’ll go forst the leave one lol

That's a good question. I imagine most people on either side are just nice normal people.

But if pushed, obviously I'm going to say remainers. "

They all seem uptight

thornaby

I know it won't be resolved here. But it would be great to know where brexiteers get their optimism from.can I ask you a question and answer honestly if you could have only one night in a swingers club and one was full of leeavers the other remainers and you just wanted to party and have a laugh a bit of craic and some fun which one would you choose and be honest I’ll go forst the leave one lol

noooo aw I’m not having that you’d go to the leave one because you know it be a better vibe everyone smiling chatting no little clicks in the corner judging ppl no one wpuld bore ya with Brexit either lol ffs wish the bsstard clubs where open now lol I’m just having a bit of banter before ppl go beserk with me lol

But if pushed, obviously I'm going to say remainers. They all seem uptight "

You can party with Foxy on the brexit night.

westerham

I’m gonna say leavers

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Farage,Paul nuttall and Ann widdecombe

Boom

But if pushed, obviously I'm going to say remainers. noooo aw I’m not having that you’d go to the leave one because you know it be a better vibe everyone smiling chatting no little clicks in the corner judging ppl no one wpuld bore ya with Brexit either lol ffs wish the bsstard clubs where open now lol I’m just having a bit of banter before ppl go beserk with me lol"

Banter is easier in real life when you can actually have a joke about it and a drink.

thornaby

But if pushed, obviously I'm going to say remainers. They all seem uptight

You can party with Foxy on the brexit night. "

costa be more than welcome he’d be great banter and I told you bugger lugs there’d be no talk of Brexit thems the rules if we didn’t have rules where would we be ? Lol

thornaby

"Farage,Paul nuttall and Ann widdecombe

Boom

"

are they on fab like ?

near ipswich

You can party with Foxy on the brexit night. costa be more than welcome he’d be great banter and I told you bugger lugs there’d be no talk of Brexit thems the rules if we didn’t have rules where would we be ? Lol"

cheers mate you know the rules no religion, politics or brexit just a good laugh.fuck im missing it.

liverpool

Boom

are they on fab like ?"

I think ann widdecombe is..she is insatiable apparently

thornaby

Boom

are they on fab like ?

I think ann widdecombe is..she is insatiable apparently "

trist you to spoil it only scouser with no banter ffs lol

thornaby

You can party with Foxy on the brexit night. costa be more than welcome he’d be great banter and I told you bugger lugs there’d be no talk of Brexit thems the rules if we didn’t have rules where would we be ? Lolcheers mate you know the rules no religion, politics or brexit just a good laugh.fuck im missing it. "

I know iv got meself wound up now thinking of opening me own up now there’s a brexit bonanza for ya lol

near ipswich

You can party with Foxy on the brexit night. costa be more than welcome he’d be great banter and I told you bugger lugs there’d be no talk of Brexit thems the rules if we didn’t have rules where would we be ? Lolcheers mate you know the rules no religion, politics or brexit just a good laugh.fuck im missing it. I know iv got meself wound up now thinking of opening me own up now there’s a brexit bonanza for ya lol "

Just have a bit of patience boris will have everyone vaccinated in no time.

liverpool

Boom

are they on fab like ?

I think ann widdecombe is..she is insatiable apparently trist you to spoil it only scouser with no banter ffs lol"

If ann widdecombe at a sex party isnt epic bantz I dint know what is.

thornaby

Boom

are they on fab like ?

I think ann widdecombe is..she is insatiable apparently trist you to spoil it only scouser with no banter ffs lol

If ann widdecombe at a sex party isnt epic bantz I dint know what is."

lionel ya know it’s not it’s to far it made me bork last thing I need is that in me head lol

Notts

Only time will tell.. some on here just won’t give it time tho "

thats what i think, its a long haul thing, 5 to 10 years before we really know

westerham

1.14 guys, going to the moon

"1.14 guys, going to the moon "

Now down to 1.13 hope you were able to party hard this morning and scoff all that lobster....

With that 1 cent gain I expect you are feeling as rich as Croesus.....

Grantham

If the UK continues with rapid vaccination, we may hit 1.16 in the next couple of weeks.

Should that fail, or the EU geys really going on vaccination, then it might fall back a point or two.

"1.14 guys, going to the moon

Now down to 1.13 hope you were able to party hard this morning and scoff all that lobster....

With that 1 cent gain I expect you are feeling as rich as Croesus....."

Still at 1.13.

What's the lobster party update OP?

"If the UK continues with rapid vaccination, we may hit 1.16 in the next couple of weeks.

Should that fail, or the EU geys really going on vaccination, then it might fall back a point or two.

"

Riches beyond my wildest dreams....

"1.14 guys, going to the moon "

I have got my lobster in the pot again, when can I eat it? What is the number when we can celebrate?

Why are you not going to Torquay

Or Devon or Cornwall & spending your wealth here to support British Buisness & British people ?

Or Devon or Cornwall & spending your wealth here to support British Buisness & British people ?"

That is a very good point,

thornaby

This thread is embarrassing now

"This thread is embarrassing now "

It is hilarious, the OP has provided some comedy gold

"This thread is embarrassing now "

"Now"?

Was it not embarrassing from the first post?

westerham

Or Devon or Cornwall & spending your wealth here to support British Buisness & British people ?"

Cos I'm pro all the wonderful countries of Europe

With all this new found wealth from currency speculation and the on going lobster party. Time for you to put your money where your mouth is and use it to single handedly to revive the UK shellfishing industry.....

Just saying....

What's the update OP. How many lobsters have you chomped on today?

near ipswich

"1.13

What's the update OP. How many lobsters have you chomped on today?"

your being ripped off its 1.14

"1.13

What's the update OP. How many lobsters have you chomped on today?your being ripped off its 1.14 "

XE says 1.13.

Thankfully though, I don't need to change any money today in order to buy EU lobsters. So I'm all good.

"1.13

What's the update OP. How many lobsters have you chomped on today?your being ripped off its 1.14 "

Woohoo, I will get the lobster back in the pot

westerham

Tell you what I won't bore you with every 1 cent rise, I will wait a short while until we're at 1.40 then we can revisit the subject

"Tell you what I won't bore you with every 1 cent rise, I will wait a short while until we're at 1.40 then we can revisit the subject "

That could take years.

It's more fun reminding you of the low value against the euro every couple of days.

"Tell you what I won't bore you with every 1 cent rise, I will wait a short while until we're at 1.40 then we can revisit the subject "

Short while, That is disconcertingly vague, can you give us a more accurate prediction?

By *L RogueMan  over a year ago

London

Or Devon or Cornwall & spending your wealth here to support British Buisness & British people ?

Cos I'm pro all the wonderful countries of Europe "

Sorry, what?

westerham

Well we're back at 1.14 now so based on the gains since Jan 1st I would estimate May 5th for 1.40

Who knows, if remainers get on board and stop talking us down maybe mid April is possible

Grantham

"Well we're back at 1.14 now so based on the gains since Jan 1st I would estimate May 5th for 1.40

Who knows, if remainers get on board and stop talking us down maybe mid April is possible "

You are deluded. The pound may well reach eu1.40 but that won't be for several years yet.

You are setting yourself up for a big fall.

"Well we're back at 1.14 now so based on the gains since Jan 1st I would estimate May 5th for 1.40

Who knows, if remainers get on board and stop talking us down maybe mid April is possible "

Ok, May 5th it is, 1.40 to the euro?

So today we've had people suggesting remainers should be shot. And now you're suggesting that people who didn't want to brexit and devalue the pound, are responsible for the pound not rising in a random dramatic fashion that you're imagining.

Are the fab brexiteers in a competition to see who can say the most ridiculous things?

Who knows, if remainers get on board and stop talking us down maybe mid April is possible

Ok, May 5th it is, 1.40 to the euro? "

Noted. Let's revisit.

Noted. Let's revisit."

Indeed, and if it doesn’t happen then Chris can do the honourable thing and make an apology

Noted. Let's revisit.

Indeed, and if it doesn’t happen then Chris can do the honourable thing and make an apology "

And put a pause on the lobster gluttony.

There is no way on this earth that we are getting to 1.40 by May. I'll apologise if I'm wrong but I won't be

There is no way on this earth that we are getting to 1.40 by May. I'll apologise if I'm wrong but I won't be "

You must have mental health problems/should leave the UK/be shot.

We just need to sit in a circle, hold hands and use the power of positive thought to will the pound up in value.

There is no way on this earth that we are getting to 1.40 by May. I'll apologise if I'm wrong but I won't be

You must have mental health problems/should leave the UK/be shot.

We just need to sit in a circle, hold hands and use the power of positive thought to will the pound up in value. "

Shoot me then because I don't have any mental health issues and I definitely won't be leaving the UK.

westerham

So today we've had people suggesting remainers should be shot. And now you're suggesting that people who didn't want to brexit and devalue the pound, are responsible for the pound not rising in a random dramatic fashion that you're imagining.

Are the fab brexiteers in a competition to see who can say the most ridiculous things?"

The Empire is rising

Are the fab brexiteers in a competition to see who can say the most ridiculous things?

The Empire is rising "

Today's winner.

The Empire is rising "

There is no Empire , Chris,

thornaby

Are the fab brexiteers in a competition to see who can say the most ridiculous things?"

it will be a remainer bud lol

Are the fab brexiteers in a competition to see who can say the most ridiculous things?it will be a remainer bud lol"

Chris has already won the prize,

thornaby

Are the fab brexiteers in a competition to see who can say the most ridiculous things?it will be a remainer bud lol

Chris has already won the prize, "

noooo I’m waiting for you or the other one to mention the big red only bus in London apparantly lol

Are the fab brexiteers in a competition to see who can say the most ridiculous things?it will be a remainer bud lol

Chris has already won the prize, noooo I’m waiting for you or the other one to mention the big red only bus in London apparantly lol"

Why?

thornaby

Chris has already won the prize, noooo I’m waiting for you or the other one to mention the big red only bus in London apparantly lol

Why? "

why pmsl or ok why

Chris has already won the prize, noooo I’m waiting for you or the other one to mention the big red only bus in London apparantly lol

Why? why pmsl or ok why "

, I think your now in second place

Chris has already won the prize, "

He’s certainly got the prize for being culturally and racially insensitive by the repeated use of a new “British Empire”

Nothing like harking back to a bit of colonial oppression.

He’s certainly got the prize for being culturally and racially insensitive by the repeated use of a new “British Empire”

"

You take first place now. It's not like left leaning voters to bring racism into an argument

You take first place now. It's not like left leaning voters to bring racism into an argument "

Do you know why Chris keeps referring to the British Empire?

thornaby

"

if it was down to repeated use there’s a few on here would make the podium with the big red bus standing on the edge of a cliff and me favourite little englanders

if it was down to repeated use there’s a few on here would make the podium with the big red bus standing on the edge of a cliff and me favourite little englanders "

Come on mate, your obsessed with that red bus

British Empire is stretching things a little bit.

You take first place now. It's not like left leaning voters to bring racism into an argument

Do you know why Chris keeps referring to the British Empire? "

Is he racist?

My guess is he does it to wind you lot up. He knows it gets to you