FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Sanctions against criminals

Sanctions against criminals

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

As the Tory party has made the BBC a political football, it is the right place to discuss the tv licence on the forum. As even the Tory party seems to believe that not paying the tv licence is a criminal act, do you think that the criminals who stopped paying for the tv licence come back to legality by doing the right thing?

What sanctions should these criminals be given if they carry on behaving unlawfully?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Wrong - The (conservative) government is to consider whether failure to pay the TV licence fee should cease to be a criminal offence, a Treasury minister has said.

It has been delayed till 2022

"Wrong - The (conservative) government is to consider whether failure to pay the TV licence fee should cease to be a criminal offence, a Treasury minister has said.

It has been delayed till 2022"

So as I said not paying the licence is still a criminal act. I wonder if the hordes of right wingers who have stopped paying for their license in the past two or three years will come back to legality. I have always been law abiding. I’m sure you are too.

By *adetMan  over a year ago

Ipswich

"As the Tory party has made the BBC a political football, it is the right place to discuss the tv licence on the forum. As even the Tory party seems to believe that not paying the tv licence is a criminal act, do you think that the criminals who stopped paying for the tv licence come back to legality by doing the right thing?

What sanctions should these criminals be given if they carry on behaving unlawfully?

"

Although its only a criminal act if you continue to watch live TV. I stopped watching the BBC and the others months ago for numerous reasons and so decided to cancel my licence. I get by very well with Netflix and YouTube now and at half the cost

Just to add. Nobody is a criminal until that accusation is presented, tested, and decided upon at Law.

"Just to add. Nobody is a criminal until that accusation is presented, tested, and decided upon at Law."

For some reason I think there will be fewer people boasting about not paying their licence anymore. Back on their box.

"As the Tory party has made the BBC a political football, it is the right place to discuss the tv licence on the forum. As even the Tory party seems to believe that not paying the tv licence is a criminal act, do you think that the criminals who stopped paying for the tv licence come back to legality by doing the right thing?

Although its only a criminal act if you continue to watch live TV. I stopped watching the BBC and the others months ago for numerous reasons and so decided to cancel my licence. I get by very well with Netflix and YouTube now and at half the cost"

Makes sense and I respect people who do things by the books. I only have an issue with people who keep ranting about the Beeb but keep on using it. And there are a lot of them.

Ipswich

"Just to add. Nobody is a criminal until that accusation is presented, tested, and decided upon at Law.

For some reason I think there will be fewer people boasting about not paying their licence anymore. Back on their box. "

Are you under the impression that its illegal to not have a TV licence? If you don't watch live TV then it's perfectly ok not to have one. I just received a letter saying that they'll write to me again in 2 years to check that I still dont need one

Ipswich

Although its only a criminal act if you continue to watch live TV. I stopped watching the BBC and the others months ago for numerous reasons and so decided to cancel my licence. I get by very well with Netflix and YouTube now and at half the cost

Makes sense and I respect people who do things by the books. I only have an issue with people who keep ranting about the Beeb but keep on using it. And there are a lot of them. "

Well I agree with that. I didn't like the BBCs programming amongst other things so got rid. Was really easy

"Just to add. Nobody is a criminal until that accusation is presented, tested, and decided upon at Law.

For some reason I think there will be fewer people boasting about not paying their licence anymore. Back on their box.

Are you under the impression that its illegal to not have a TV licence? If you don't watch live TV then it's perfectly ok not to have one. I just received a letter saying that they'll write to me again in 2 years to check that I still dont need one"

No that’s my understanding too. I know that not having a licence is legal provided that you don’t use the services you should pay for which is the case for a lot of people I reckon.

Maybe a more pertinent question should be:

Should it be a criminal offence to be caught viewing (under the rules the BBC set) without one.

I, for one, feel that it should be a civil matter between the BBC and the Individual concerned.

Turning people into criminals for non-payment of what actually is just a household bill, is my view, criminal itself.

The conservative party felt this way too, which is why they proposed the change.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's no surprise that people are refusing to fund the corrupt, controlled, pedo protecting BBC.

The BBC are still proudly displaying their disgusting sculpture by pedophile Gill at their HQ.

"It's no surprise that people are refusing to fund the corrupt, controlled, pedo protecting BBC.

The BBC are still proudly displaying their disgusting sculpture by pedophile Gill at their HQ."

Have they finished paying out all the compensation to Jimi Saville's victims yet? How many licence fees did that cost?

[Removed by poster at 27/01/21 14:24:41]

"Maybe a more pertinent question should be:

Should it be a criminal offence to be caught viewing (under the rules the BBC set) without one.

I, for one, feel that it should be a civil matter between the BBC and the Individual concerned.

Turning people into criminals for non-payment of what actually is just a household bill, is my view, criminal itself.

The conservative party felt this way too, which is why they proposed the change."

The question is pertinent to me.

How naive to think that the intention of the Tory party is what you describe. Anybody a bit less naive about the current gvt knows that the purpose of the gvt is to weaken the BBC and the daily Mail, ,mtelegraph, Sun and Express are trying to discredit the BBC to incite more and more people to stop paying for it.

And once the beast is weakened, you can finish it off.

I’m glad to hear that not paying my electricity bill, gas bill, credit card bill should not be a criminal offence. The world of the libertarians is so enchanting!

"It's no surprise that people are refusing to fund the corrupt, controlled, pedo protecting BBC.

The BBC are still proudly displaying their disgusting sculpture by pedophile Gill at their HQ."

Oh dear. Controlled by whom? Let me guess, the communist party.

The pedophile business is off topic I assume that the beeb is not the only company with this type of stories. Anyway it’s got nothing to do with the topic.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

The same Jimmy saville who was knighted?

The BBC are still proudly displaying their disgusting sculpture by pedophile Gill at their HQ.

The same Jimmy saville who was knighted?"

By Corbyn I bet?

liverpool

By Corbyn I bet? "

"

How naive to think that the intention of the Tory party is what you describe. Anybody a bit less naive about the current gvt knows that the purpose of the gvt is to weaken the BBC and the daily Mail, ,mtelegraph, Sun and Express are trying to discredit the BBC to incite more and more people to stop paying for it.

"

Oh Please. Don't even try to explain this to me! But I am just so shocked I didn't know this!

The same Jimmy saville who was knighted?"

He was knighted by the Queen.

"

Oh Please. Don't even try to explain this to me! But I am just so shocked I didn't know this!

"

More sarcasm, I see. You’re learning quickly.

liverpool

He was knighted by the Queen."

So not just the bbc then?

So not just the bbc then?"

Ah, the BBC knighted him? Must have been watching C4 at the time lol.

So not just the bbc then?"

Same punishment. Let’s stop funding the Queen!

liverpool

Same punishment. Let’s stop funding the Queen! "

It's funny people complain about fundomg one of the most famous channels in the world, but are happy to support an hereditary monarchy live a life of untold wealth and privilege.

It's funny people complain about fundomg one of the most famous channels in the world, but are happy to support an hereditary monarchy live a life of untold wealth and privilege.

"

Which people are they Lionel?

liverpool

Which people are they Lionel?"

The ones who complain?

Many more thousands will continue to stop funding the disgraced BBC.

"Many more thousands will continue to stop funding the disgraced BBC."

Any arguments or do you just let your bike speak?

liverpool

"Many more thousands will continue to stop funding the disgraced BBC."

Not me..they can happily have my few quid a month

The ones who complain?"

Are you saying that the people who complain about funding the BBC are the ones who don't mind funding the Queen et-al?

"Many more thousands will continue to stop funding the disgraced BBC.

Any arguments or do you just let your bike speak? "

No argument, I'm not suprised at the large amount of public refusing to pay the license.

And my bike can't talk, it doesn't have a mouth.

The current thoughts from the people:

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/media/trackers/how-should-the-bbc-be-funded

liverpool

The ones who complain?

Are you saying that the people who complain about funding the BBC are the ones who don't mind funding the Queen et-al?"

Well I've seen several threads complaining about the licence fee..not maybe about the monarchy

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"

we don’t pay for a license and I’d happily see the monarchy go

[Removed by poster at 27/01/21 15:21:46]

"The current thoughts from the people:

"

It tells you that the daily attacks against the BBC from the rags in their columns are working. That’s all it tells you to be honest. I’m always amazed to see the number of articles on the BBC in the Torygraph. As if it was this country’s number one priority.

I’m not really convinced by these surveys If you were to ask people if they’d like a 20% discount at the supermarket, 99% of the voters would say yes.

If you asked if the death penalty should be reinstated, I’m sure people would say yes.

Anyway, next on BBC 2, a documentary on the turtles of the Galapagos is offered to you by Mc Donald’s. Part 2 will start after the Tampax advert.

We have enough privately owned and influenced media in this country without having to sell the BBC to advertisers.

thornaby

It tells you that the daily attacks against the BBC from the rags in their columns are working. That’s all it tells you to be honest. I’m always amazed to see the number of articles on the BBC in the Torygraph. As if it was this country’s number one priority.

I’m not really convinced by these surveys If you were to ask people if they’d like a 20% discount at the supermarket, 99% of the voters would say yes.

If you asked if the death penalty should be reinstated, I’m sure people would say yes.

Anyway, next on BBC 2, a documentary on the turtles of the Galapagos is offered to you by Mc Donald’s. Part 2 will start after the Tampax advert.

We have enough privately owned and influenced media in this country without having to sell the BBC to advertisers.

"

well you pay your license and enjoy lol

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"

Would that be vat free tampax?

Would that be vat free tampax? "

Always! ??

The ones who complain?

Are you saying that the people who complain about funding the BBC are the ones who don't mind funding the Queen et-al?

Well I've seen several threads complaining about the licence fee..not maybe about the monarchy "

So you are expecting people to say 'hey the BBC should go pay, oh and BTW the Queen is okay to continue to be taxpayer funded"?

Not quite real that is it?

liverpool

The ones who complain?

Well I've seen several threads complaining about the licence fee..not maybe about the monarchy

So you are expecting people to say 'hey the BBC should go pay, oh and BTW the Queen is okay to continue to be taxpayer funded"?

Not quite real that is it?

"

I don't understand

"

"

More simply then.

You don't think that that statement is a sweeping statement.

You are saying the people who want to have the BBC go pay are the same ones that still want to fund the Monarchy.

I'm asking you where you get that from?

liverpool

"

More simply then.

You are saying the people who want to have the BBC go pay are the same ones that still want to fund the Monarchy.

"

Nope.

What I am saying is there seems to be a lot of resentment around paying for a licence fee and having no say in the matter.

Yet I dont tend to see olla lot resentment around paying for the upkeep of the royal family,when the concept is exactly the same.

Indeed some people get quite uppity if you voice any criticism of them.

Simply comparing the 2 situations.that is all.

"

More simply then.

Nope.

What I am saying is there seems to be a lot of resentment around paying for a licence fee and having no say in the matter.

Yet I dont tend to see olla lot resentment around paying for the upkeep of the royal family,when the concept is exactly the same.

Simply comparing the 2 situations.that is all."

Do you know how much revenue the Royal Family generate every year?

thornaby

"

More simply then.

Nope.

Do you know how much revenue the Royal Family generate every year?"

how do they do this pls explain what do they actually do apart from exist ?

"

More simply then.

Nope.

Do you know how much revenue the Royal Family generate every year?how do they do this pls explain what do they actually do apart from exist ?"

Tourism for one, having an actual surviving monochy with the rich history that goes with it is quite a draw for Asian and American tourists

"

More simply then.

Nope.

Do you know how much revenue the Royal Family generate every year?how do they do this pls explain what do they actually do apart from exist ?"

Mainly tourism and the Duchy of Lancaster

"

More simply then.

Nope.

Do you know how much revenue the Royal Family generate every year?"

The old chestnut! You’ll find all sorts of stats on this. Some will tell you they cost us a fortune, others will tell you the opposite.

And even if they did generate revenue, does that make it more legitimate.

It’s incredible how we are so obsessed with mo et in this country that some of the most unfair and controversial things are accepted just because they supposedly generate dosh!

So much for human values, ethics and principles!

liverpool

"

More simply then.

Nope.

Apparently tourists dont visit countries who dont have a monarchy.

thornaby

"

More simply then.

Nope.

Do you know how much revenue the Royal Family generate every year?how do they do this pls explain what do they actually do apart from exist ?

Mainly tourism and the Duchy of Lancaster"

yeo the tourism bullshit I duno how places like newyork Madrid paris amstedam dozens of other cities manage woth out a monarchy I’m sure all these tourists see her on every trip there so lucky lol

"

More simply then.

Nope.

Simply comparing the 2 situations.that is all."

Because people don't get there news from the Queen...

The situations are a completely different discussion from each other and you know it

liverpool

"

More simply then.

Nope.

The situations are a completely different discussion from each other and you know it"

Yep.

At least the bbc are worth the money.

"

More simply then.

Nope.

The old chestnut! You’ll find all sorts of stats on this. Some will tell you they cost us a fortune, others will tell you the opposite.

It’s incredible how we are so obsessed with mo et in this country that some of the most unfair and controversial things are accepted just because they supposedly generate dosh!

So much for human values, ethics and principles! "

Oh so they should be stripped of all land and titles?

Maybe we should redistubute that wealth and land yeah?

They pretty much have no power and are just really used for ceremony

Tbh it just makes you sound bitter and jealous

"

More simply then.

Nope.

The situations are a completely different discussion from each other and you know it

Yep.

At least the bbc are worth the money."

Thats highly subjective and is your opinion

For me its close to worthless. Doesn't mean i want it sccrapped as an instituion

"

More simply then.

Nope.

Do you know how much revenue the Royal Family generate every year?how do they do this pls explain what do they actually do apart from exist ?

Mainly tourism and the Duchy of Lancasteryeo the tourism bullshit I duno how places like newyork Madrid paris amstedam dozens of other cities manage woth out a monarchy I’m sure all these tourists see her on every trip there so lucky lol"

Relax a little, you'll burst a blood vessel. You asked how the generate revenue, I was simply providing some information

"

More simply then.

Nope.

Mainly tourism and the Duchy of Lancasteryeo the tourism bullshit I duno how places like newyork Madrid paris amstedam dozens of other cities manage woth out a monarchy I’m sure all these tourists see her on every trip there so lucky lol"

Holland has a monarchy, they also tourism built upon sex and drugs in Amsterdam, been there about 6 times

Spain also has a monarchy

I did not say it was the only reason, but to not think there is a certain allure to having a monarchy is a bit dumb

liverpool

"

More simply then.

Nope.

Yep.

For me its close to worthless. Doesn't mean i want it sccrapped as an instituion "

Made some of the best television shows ever made but like you said its subjective.

It's not perfect but I'd rather have that an American type of Media where there isnt even an attempt at impartiality.

Though at least over there, they hold the politicians to account.

liverpool

"

More simply then.

Nope.

Mainly tourism and the Duchy of Lancasteryeo the tourism bullshit I duno how places like newyork Madrid paris amstedam dozens of other cities manage woth out a monarchy I’m sure all these tourists see her on every trip there so lucky lol

Holland has a monarchy, they also tourism built upon sex and drugs in Amsterdam, been there about 6 times

Spain also has a monarchy

I did not say it was the only reason, but to not think there is a certain allure to having a monarchy is a bit dumb

"

It's a bit of a red herring.

They come over here for the pageantry and has been mentioned other countries seem to fare quite will.

Anyway I'm fully aware I've derailed the thread so I apologise.

"

More simply then.

Nope.

Tbh it just makes you sound bitter and jealous"

Jealous? Not really.

I do have principles and beliefs though. And the idea that people are top of the bunch by birth doesn’t float my boat.

The idea that the Queen didn’t pay any tax until the 1990s didn’t sound right to me too. She had to be made to pay tax and it happened when the monarchy wentvthrough a really sticky patch during the 90s.

Anyway, I don’t want to deprive you of your princes and princesses. They seem to mean so much to you.

This thread is about the criminals who use the BBC but don’t pay for it.

"

More simply then.

Nope.

Yep.

For me its close to worthless. Doesn't mean i want it sccrapped as an instituion

Made some of the best television shows ever made but like you said its subjective.

It's not perfect but I'd rather have that an American type of Media where there isnt even an attempt at impartiality.

Though at least over there, they hold the politicians to account."

'Made' being the key word in what you just said

They have not made anything of worth for a while now imo, from what i have heard several shows like Dr Who have actually been ruined by the use of idendity politics which the normal person couldn't care less about.

"

More simply then.

Nope.

Yep.

They have not made anything of worth for a while now imo, from what i have heard several shows like Dr Who have actually been ruined by the use of idendity politics which the normal person couldn't care less about.

"

Ah ok, now you’re talking. You’re another one who thinks that’s it’s too left wing...

that’s one more in the Boris tally.

"

More simply then.

Nope.

Jealous? Not really.

I do have principles and beliefs though. And the idea that people are top of the bunch by birth doesn’t float my boat.

The idea that the Queen didn’t pay any tax until the 1990s didn’t sound right to me too. She had to be made to pay tax and it happened when the monarchy wentvthrough a really sticky patch during the 90s.

Anyway, I don’t want to deprive you of your princes and princesses. They seem to mean so much to you.

This thread is about the criminals who use the BBC but don’t pay for it. "

Criminals hahahahhahahaha.

Do you think people should be locked away for not paying there heating bill aswell?

They dont actually mean anything to me, i couldnt care less

Doesnt matter you can try and make people as equal as you like, life will always be unequal due to peoples right to self-determination, there IQ or physical attributes. Getting annoyed because some one fell out the right vagina just gets in the way of your own progress

liverpool

"

More simply then.

Nope.

Yep.

"

Peaky blinders,line of duty,this country, decetorists,killing eve.

They still make good shows.

liverpool

"

More simply then.

Nope.

Jealous? Not really.

This thread is about the criminals who use the BBC but don’t pay for it. "

Gawd bless her.

"

More simply then.

Nope.

Yep.

Ah ok, now you’re talking. You’re another one who thinks that’s it’s too left wing...

that’s one more in the Boris tally. "

HAHAHAHA

you are aware you can be left wing without liking idenity politics right?

I have never voted Tory in my life

Funny how you think you know people but you dont actually have a clue

Just sit on here trying to make stupid points and tiny wins on something that is ultimatley pointless.

Whatever makes you feel good i guess

"

More simply then.

Nope.

Jealous? Not really.

Do you think people should be locked away for not paying there heating bill aswell?

Doesnt matter you can try and make people as equal as you like, life will always be unequal due to peoples right to self-determination, there IQ or physical attributes. Getting annoyed because some one fell out the right vagina just gets in the way of your own progress"

Someone who doesn’t abide the law is a criminal. What’s wrong with saying this?

We all know that inequalities will always exist. We don’t need to reinforce them or making them starker by accepting the monarchy.

I don’t wish themill but we could do without them easily.

"

More simply then.

Nope.

Jealous? Not really.

Doesnt matter you can try and make people as equal as you like, life will always be unequal due to peoples right to self-determination, there IQ or physical attributes. Getting annoyed because some one fell out the right vagina just gets in the way of your own progress

We all know that inequalities will always exist. We don’t need to reinforce them or making them starker by accepting the monarchy.

I don’t wish themill but we could do without them easily.

"

Ok should not paying my heating bill become a criminal matter also then?

What about if i stop paying my car finance while still using the car, should i possibly be sent to prison?

"

"

Wrong - Someone who has been convicted of being a criminal is a criminal. Nothing more. Nothing less.

"

Wrong - Someone who has been convicted of being a criminal is a criminal. Nothing more. Nothing less.

"

The libertarian has spoken. A bit edgy I see.

[Removed by poster at 27/01/21 17:06:31]

"

The libertarian has spoken. A bit edgy I see. "

Wrong - Libertarians seek to maximize autonomy and political freedom, emphasizing free association, freedom of choice, individualism and voluntary association. Libertarians share a skepticism of authority and state power, but some of them diverge on the scope of their opposition to existing economic and political systems.

"

Wrong - Libertarians seek to maximize autonomy and political freedom, emphasizing free association, freedom of choice, individualism and voluntary association. Libertarians share a skepticism of authority and state power, but some of them diverge on the scope of their opposition to existing economic and political systems.

"

I don’t know but I can sense a bit of insecurity here. Breathe on, breathe out.... Nice to see that you haven’t given up on all the topics. Thanks for the copy and paste. Just send me the link next time. I have found another definition of libertarian which fits my view of it perfectly.

Wrong - Look wherever you like it still means what it means.

"Wrong - Look wherever you like it still means what it means."

Wrong - my definition is the right one.

"Wrong - Look wherever you like it still means what it means.

Wrong - my definition is the right one. "

"

I don’t know but I can sense a bit of insecurity here. Breathe on, breathe out.... Nice to see that you haven’t given up on all the topics. Thanks for the copy and paste. Just send me the link next time. I have found another definition of libertarian which fits my view of it perfectly. "

'Definition that fits my view'

ahhahahahahahahahahhaha

That tells me everything i need to know

thornaby

"

More simply then.

Nope.

Yep.

Peaky blinders,line of duty,this country, decetorists,killing eve.

They still make good shows."

all great shows amd all would of been made somewere ales if there was no bbc Lionel lol

By *ankie303Woman  over a year ago

Weirdsville South Coast Dorset

Although its only a criminal act if you continue to watch live TV. I stopped watching the BBC and the others months ago for numerous reasons and so decided to cancel my licence. I get by very well with Netflix and YouTube now and at half the cost"

Same, I haven't watched the BBC for years, I pay subscriptions for things I do watch and thats not the bbc. I had a TV license officer come round a few years ago and agree I don't meet the license criteria but now the good old letters of nonsense have started again

Ipswich

Same, I haven't watched the BBC for years, I pay subscriptions for things I do watch and thats not the bbc. I had a TV license officer come round a few years ago and agree I don't meet the license criteria but now the good old letters of nonsense have started again "

Really? I haven't received anything. There's a few videos on YouTube of how you can handle their letters. Worth a look. The BBC also spends millions on private collection agencies but if they come knocking just tell them that you dont need a licence and close the door

By *renzMan  over a year ago

Between Chichester and Havant

The ones who complain?

Well I've seen several threads complaining about the licence fee..not maybe about the monarchy "

It was rumoured the queen was pro-brexit!

Same, I haven't watched the BBC for years, I pay subscriptions for things I do watch and thats not the bbc. I had a TV license officer come round a few years ago and agree I don't meet the license criteria but now the good old letters of nonsense have started again

Really? I haven't received anything. There's a few videos on YouTube of how you can handle their letters. Worth a look. The BBC also spends millions on private collection agencies but if they come knocking just tell them that you dont need a licence and close the door "

I've probably had 500+ letters from them over the years.

Just ignore them, they have zero powers.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I actually feel like the criminal in this thread for paying my licence fee!

Some of there content over the years has been bloody good.

The ones who complain?

It was rumoured the queen was pro-brexit! "

She told me the opposite last time I went for a kebab with her. She hates the guts of the kwitters.

liverpool

Really? I haven't received anything. There's a few videos on YouTube of how you can handle their letters. Worth a look. The BBC also spends millions on private collection agencies but if they come knocking just tell them that you dont need a licence and close the door

Just ignore them, they have zero powers."

And you still watch it?

By *renzMan  over a year ago

Between Chichester and Havant

The ones who complain?

She told me the opposite last time I went for a kebab with her. She hates the guts of the kwitters. "

You were wrong when you were right. You're still wrong!

The ones who complain?

She told me the opposite last time I went for a kebab with her. She hates the guts of the kwitters.

You were wrong when you were right. You're still wrong! "

Or the opposite.

near ipswich

The ones who complain?

And you still watch it?"

Do you think Priti Patel would like us to denounce the members who watch the BBC and don!t pay their licence Lionel?

The ones who complain?

liverpool

And you still watch it?

Do you think Priti Patel would like us to denounce the members who watch the BBC and don!t pay their licence Lionel? "

Dont give her ideas

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

And you still watch it?

Do you think Priti Patel would like us to denounce the members who watch the BBC and don!t pay their licence Lionel? "

Lionel is a lot of thing but he’s no grass.

thornaby

And you still watch it?

Do you think Priti Patel would like us to denounce the members who watch the BBC and don!t pay their licence Lionel?

Lionel is a lot of thing but he’s no grass. "

hes scouse he wouldn’t know how to not in there dna

And you still watch it?

Lionel is a lot of thing but he’s no grass. hes scouse he wouldn’t know how to not in there dna"

I always read the name as lionelbutthurtz

near ipswich

"

More simply then.

Nope.

Yep.

that’s one more in the Boris tally. "

If the bbc is impartial its about time they got rid of Katya Adler, first she found of breaking impartiality rules last september and now has shown her true colours with a tweet about boris BERATING the eu so is at it again.Lets see what the bbc does this time maybe a pay rise?

liverpool

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9197341/amp/BBC-impartiality-row-Katya-Adler-says-Boris-Johnson-berated-EU.html

Can someone pick me up?

A feather has just knocked me over.

Serious question Lionel? You keep saying things like 'did you find that in the daily mail' or 'Can you believe the daily mail!'

So why are you posting links to the daily mail?

"Serious question Lionel? You keep saying things like 'did you find that in the daily mail' or 'Can you believe the daily mail!'

So why are you posting links to the daily mail?"

Because he's happy to point you there when it suits him

"Serious question Lionel? You keep saying things like 'did you find that in the daily mail' or 'Can you believe the daily mail!'

I believe thats checkmate

"Overall, we rate Daily Mail Right Biased and Questionable due to numerous failed fact checks and poor sourcing of information".

MediaBias Fact Check.

Rates Low. And only slightly below far right.

Not that we didn't know this anyways.

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh.

Got Netflix and Amazon prime. Television dosnt seem worth paying for. I mean what kind of pudding would pay a £100 a year to watch dancing on ice and east Enders. If you paid me £1000 a year to watch it I would not.

near ipswich

""Overall, we rate Daily Mail Right Biased and Questionable due to numerous failed fact checks and poor sourcing of information".

MediaBias Fact Check.

"

I think the point is people use the daily mail on here as some kind of putdown ,the same story can be published in every newspaper in the land but if certain posters dont like what they are hearing they will put it down to you reading it in the daily mail.That is their get out to avoid defending the un defendable it has almost become a habit now.

""Overall, we rate Daily Mail Right Biased and Questionable due to numerous failed fact checks and poor sourcing of information".

MediaBias Fact Check.

I think the point is people use the daily mail on here as some kind of putdown ,the same story can be published in every newspaper in the land but if certain posters dont like what they are hearing they will put it down to you reading it in the daily mail.That is their get out to avoid defending the un defendable it has almost become a habit now."

Entirely agree.

MediaBias Fact Check.

I think the point is people use the daily mail on here as some kind of putdown ,the same story can be published in every newspaper in the land but if certain posters dont like what they are hearing they will put it down to you reading it in the daily mail.That is their get out to avoid defending the un defendable it has almost become a habit now."

Agreed. It's not just here though, it's Left leaning voters on any and all platforms

near ipswich

MediaBias Fact Check.

I think the point is people use the daily mail on here as some kind of putdown ,the same story can be published in every newspaper in the land but if certain posters dont like what they are hearing they will put it down to you reading it in the daily mail.That is their get out to avoid defending the un defendable it has almost become a habit now.

Agreed. It's not just here though, it's Left leaning voters on any and all platforms"

Its almost as if they can justify dismissing facts by saying it was in the daily mail so it doesnt count.

liverpool

Because it was a story criticising both the eu and the bbc.

Do you ever stop and think..why is this story not appearing in every single media outlet?

I didnt even have to look too see where that story originated from.

Just google eu and daily mail and see how many hits.

Then do the same with the bbc.

liverpool

MediaBias Fact Check.

Entirely agree. "

The fact is the story doesn't appear in every media outlet so the argument is invalidated

Do you ever stop and think..why is this story not appearing in every single media outlet?

Then do the same with the bbc."

Maybe because those media outlets also have there own bias and have an interest in not reporting the story...

liverpool

MediaBias Fact Check.

"

Haven't you just contradicted yourself?

liverpool

Maybe because those media outlets also have there own bias and have an interest in not reporting the story..."

Right.so the only 2 right leaning newspapers are the mail and the express?

The 2 hits it brings up.

"

Entirely agree.

The fact is the story doesn't appear in every media outlet so the argument is invalidated

"

Quick search finds it in

Daily Mail

Express

Spectator

Twnews

Twitter

liverpool

Why Is her salary relevant?

liverpool

"

Entirely agree.

Quick search finds it in

Daily Mail

Express

Spectator

Twnews

Twitter

"

Twitter

liverpool

I dont even know what tnews is?

MediaBias Fact Check.

Haven't you just contradicted yourself?"

How so?

liverpool

MediaBias Fact Check.

How so?

"

Unless I've read it wrong..you said the daily mail had been right biased and questionable..with poor sourcing of information?

"

Entirely agree.

Quick search finds it in

Daily Mail

Express

Spectator

Twnews

Twitter

Twitter

"

According to forbes 1 in 7 people get their news from Twitter. Laugh all you like but it's a sad fact of life.

MediaBias Fact Check.

How so?

Unless I've read it wrong..you said the daily mail had been right biased and questionable..with poor sourcing of information?"

And I asked how have I contradicted myself?

Maybe because those media outlets also have there own bias and have an interest in not reporting the story...

The 2 hits it brings up."

Being anti EU or BBC is not necessarily a right wing posistion, you are aware right?

Probably because you putting daily mail in your search form lol

liverpool

"

Entirely agree.

Quick search finds it in

Daily Mail

Express

Spectator

Twnews

Twitter

Twitter

According to forbes 1 in 7 people get their news from Twitter. Laugh all you like but it's a sad fact of life."

And where does Twitter gets its news from?

"

Entirely agree.

Quick search finds it in

Daily Mail

Express

Spectator

Twnews

Twitter

Twitter

According to forbes 1 in 7 people get their news from Twitter. Laugh all you like but it's a sad fact of life."

Even news outlets themselves use Twitter as a source

liverpool

The 2 hits it brings up.

Being anti EU or BBC is not necessarily a right wing posistion, you are aware right?

"

No I put the journalists name.

Why is her salary important?

Anti eu and bbc does tend to.be a tight wing stance.

liverpool

The 2 hits it brings up.

Anti eu and bbc does tend to.be a tight wing stance."

Right even.

"

Entirely agree.

Quick search finds it in

Daily Mail

Express

Spectator

Twnews

Twitter

Twitter

According to forbes 1 in 7 people get their news from Twitter. Laugh all you like but it's a sad fact of life.

And where does Twitter gets its news from?"

from people reading a half story on Facebook, and karen, and donald duck and whomever else it suits their politics.

liverpool

"

Entirely agree.

Quick search finds it in

Daily Mail

Express

Spectator

Twnews

Twitter

Twitter

Even news outlets themselves use Twitter as a source"

But Twitter is not a news outlet?

But the question was

Why are you posting stories from the daily mail when all you normally do is berate them as a newspaper?

liverpool

MediaBias Fact Check.

How so?

Unless I've read it wrong..you said the daily mail had been right biased and questionable..with poor sourcing of information?

And I asked how have I contradicted myself?"

Because you disagreed with me questioning the impartiality of the daily mail and then confirmed the paper was unreliable.?

"

Entirely agree.

Quick search finds it in

Daily Mail

Express

Spectator

Twnews

Twitter

Twitter

But Twitter is not a news outlet?"

Oh stop going around in circles and answer the question!

"

Entirely agree.

Quick search finds it in

Daily Mail

Express

Spectator

Twnews

Twitter

Twitter

But Twitter is not a news outlet?"

Twitter is a platform that is used by media outlets

Journalists use Twitter as a source

liverpool

"But the question was

Why are you posting stories from the daily mail when all you normally do is berate them as a newspaper?"

I was making a point.

If you asked me if there was a story which was both anti EU and anti bbc..I could take a wild srab in the dark and guess correct.

So I googled her name and hey Presto

MediaBias Fact Check.

How so?

Because you disagreed with me questioning the impartiality of the daily mail and then confirmed the paper was unreliable.?"

No. I didn't. Read it again.

liverpool

"

Entirely agree.

Quick search finds it in

Daily Mail

Express

Spectator

Twnews

Twitter

Twitter

Oh stop going around in circles and answer the question!"

What question?

near ipswich

"

Entirely agree.

Quick search finds it in

Daily Mail

Express

Spectator

Twnews

Twitter

Twitter

Oh stop going around in circles and answer the question!"

You can now see why i have decided not to engage him in debate anymore i used to end up dizzy.

The 2 hits it brings up.

Right even."

What because the Gaurdian told you it is?

"

Entirely agree.

Quick search finds it in

Daily Mail

Express

Spectator

Twnews

Twitter

Twitter

What question? "

So typically you Lionel. Make a statement - get challenged to discuss i - change the subject halfway through and then blame the other person for their answer!!!

liverpool

MediaBias Fact Check.

How so?

Because you disagreed with me questioning the impartiality of the daily mail and then confirmed the paper was unreliable.?

No. I didn't. Read it again.

"

Look at the post you said..I agree too.

liverpool

"

Entirely agree.

Quick search finds it in

Daily Mail

Express

Spectator

Twnews

Twitter

Twitter

What question?

So typically you Lionel. Make a statement - get challenged to discuss i - change the subject halfway through and then blame the other person for their answer!!!"

What are you on about?

What question?

Ask me a question and I'll answer

liverpool

The 2 hits it brings up.

Right even.

What because the Gaurdian told you it is?

"

Yeah obviously

Serious question Lionel? You keep saying things like 'did you find that in the daily mail' or 'Can you believe the daily mail!'

the question then evolved to include. . .

Why are you posting stories from the daily mail when all you normally do is berate them as a newspaper?

liverpool

Why are you posting stories from the daily mail when all you normally do is berate them as a newspaper?"

I've answered that.

There was a dig about the bbc being left wing (which you couldnt make if you try) and the eu.

I posted the link from the daily mail because that the mail ,even now is still going on about the eu,and has a bee in its bonnet about the bbc therefore it was bound to run the story.

The fact that they could also take great indignation because someone had a pop are boris probally made their day.

The additinal fact that they sought to get a soundbite from a former Brexit party member was the icing on the take.

Is that comprehensive enough?

I've answered that.

There was a dig about the bbc being left wing (which you couldnt make if you try) and the eu.

I posted the link from the daily mail because that the mail ,even now is still going on about the eu,and has a bee in its bonnet about the bbc therefore it was bound to run the story.

The fact that they could also take great indignation because someone had a pop are boris probally made their day.

The additinal fact that they sought to get a soundbite from a former Brexit party member was the icing on the take.

Is that comprehensive enough?"

#

It is now. But you could have led with that

Perhaps preface your feelings/thoughts when you post? Most others do.

liverpool

I've answered that.

#

Perhaps preface your feelings/thoughts when you post? Most others do."

I'm not typing a big epic every time.

Short and sweet.

I've answered that.

#

Perhaps preface your feelings/thoughts when you post? Most others do.

I'm not typing a big epic every time.

Short and sweet."

Might just be all we need.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

If you break a law even if it is a bad law or one you do not agree with then it is a crime at that time

» Add a new message to this topic