FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Holocaust memorial day

Holocaust memorial day

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ionelhutz OP   Man  over a year ago

liverpool

Dunno if its politics or not but whatever?

Still almost too evil too believe and it happened less than a century ago.

Think there is a few documentaries around but I guess you have to be in the right place to watch them.

Still quite hard to comprehend even until this day.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Interesting stat I learned today if you gave each victims a minutes silence you would be silent for 11 and a half years. (Or so I read)

Staggering inhumanity.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Sadly as obscene an event it was it's denied by some and has been repeated albeit on smaller scales several times..

Have visited Bergen Belsen and the Holocaust 'museum' and it's a truly awful indictment of just how low we can as a species go..

liverpool

I think the denial stuff is just in the fevered imaginations of the odd fuckwit.

I don't think anyone with half a brain gives it any credence.

There was a documentary on netflix a while ago about the trial of a guard who was supposed to be at belsen which was excellent.

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

And still to this day more than a few people deny it ever happened.

I lived in Berlin for quite a while following a cultural exchange from University. You could live 12 months there and still not get a proper feel for the institutional nature of the Nazis and the horrors they committed.

Also look up Oradour-sur-Glane (France) ignore the wikipedia entry it has very little detail. Instead, go to the Oradour-sur-Glane memorial sites.

liverpool

"And still to this day more than a few people deny it ever happened.

I lived in Berlin for quite a while following a cultural exchange from University. You could live 12 months there and still not get a proper feel for the institutional nature of the Nazis and the horrors they committed.

Also look up Oradour-sur-Glane (France) ignore the wikipedia entry it has very little detail. Instead, go to the Oradour-sur-Glane memorial sites.

"

They have that holocaust museum which is quite good and that maze thing.

Most of the camps were in the east away from Berlin.

They have that holocaust museum which is quite good and that maze thing.

Most of the camps were in the east away from Berlin."

My husbands Niece is currently at Uni' in Berlin. His grandfather fought there.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

"

I sat aghast in Anne Franks house where a number of chuckling tourists hijacked an interactive poll where they unanimously voted to say the Holocaust never happene.

I sat aghast in Anne Franks house where a number of chuckling tourists hijacked an interactive poll where they unanimously voted to say the Holocaust never happene. "

You truly can't make it up.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

I sat aghast in Anne Franks house where a number of chuckling tourists hijacked an interactive poll where they unanimously voted to say the Holocaust never happene. "

That's terrible, it was when we went by very quiet and peaceful..

When you look at how she had to live and for how long it gives a reality to what is going on now which is hard for some I agree..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Sadly it seems throughout history we keep performing acts like this and never really learn no matter how much its chronicled.

Unfortunately with the advent of social media we can see how quick others are to

dehumanise their perceived enemy, bit worrying tbh

"Sadly it seems throughout history we keep performing acts like this and never really learn no matter how much its chronicled.

Unfortunately with the advent of social media we can see how quick others are to

"

At least the Queen is safe and sound.

"Sadly it seems throughout history we keep performing acts like this and never really learn no matter how much its chronicled.

At least the Queen is safe and sound. "

I think you must have some sort of thing for the Queen tbh

The lady doth protest too much, methinks comes to mind

liverpool

"

Whilst there have been other atrocities, I'm not sure anything matches upto that.

Many gmnts dehumanise groups..look how we treat ayslum seekers.

Once a group is stigmatised and blamed for everything..its easy.

Whilst there have been other atrocities, I'm not sure anything matches upto that.

Many gmnts dehumanise groups..look how we treat ayslum seekers.

Once a group is stigmatised and blamed for everything..its easy."

I dunno if you far enough back into History its easy to find such things

Ceasers Genocide in Gaul or what the Mongols got up to in the Middle East, Russia and China. Im sure if they had the tech and logistics of the modern age it would of ended in a similar result.

The Japenese did an similar thing to the Chinese in the 20's maybe not to the exact same scale but the acts they committed in themeselves are arguably even more horrific

» Add a new message to this topic