FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Workers rights cont

Workers rights cont

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ionelhutz OP   Man  over a year ago

liverpool

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/british-gas-boss-called-parliament-23396025.amp

Wonder if this is related to the u turn?

They should stop 'whinging'and get in with it.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Ah the workers rights...

So we are told that ours are also world beating. I must admit not being an expert at this and I don’t know how you can rank countries when it comes to workers rights. However the things which are easy to assess for anyone are pretty telling.

-We have some of the most anti unions laws requiring a high percentage of the total membership of a union to vote for a strike for a strike to be legal.

- We didn’t have a mini min wage until the 1990s. Even in America they have had it since 1938. All our European have had it for donkeys years.

- We have the lowest statutory sick pay in Europe.

- We have the lowest pensions in Europe or at least state pensions.

-We are one of the countries with the fewest bank holidays

I know that all the points aren’t necessarily workers rights as such but this gives us a good idea of how our employees are doing compared to the rest of the world.

So the question is: is it another thing we are crap at but for which we have self-proclaimed world beating and managed to convince everyone that it is the case?

Have we lost our Brexiteers cheerleaders?

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"Ah the workers rights...

So we are told that ours are also world beating. I must admit not being an expert at this and I don’t know how you can rank countries when it comes to workers rights. However the things which are easy to assess for anyone are pretty telling.

-We have some of the most anti unions laws requiring a high percentage of the total membership of a union to vote for a strike for a strike to be legal.

- We didn’t have a mini min wage until the 1990s. Even in America they have had it since 1938. All our European have had it for donkeys years.

- We have the lowest statutory sick pay in Europe.

- We have the lowest pensions in Europe or at least state pensions.

-We are one of the countries with the fewest bank holidays

I know that all the points aren’t necessarily workers rights as such but this gives us a good idea of how our employees are doing compared to the rest of the world.

So the question is: is it another thing we are crap at but for which we have self-proclaimed world beating and managed to convince everyone that it is the case?

"

We are near the bottom for sick pay, but then we are far better for maternity benefits, and do a bit of research about the minimum wage there are quite a few who dont have one so you've done a trump on this and lied.

[Removed by poster at 29/01/21 14:02:14]

Is that it? Everything else is correct?

My God we’re not doing well are we?

In my experience the countries that don’t have a minimum wage have much much better unemployment benefits than ours.

Anyway, fewer bank holidays, almost bottom for pensions, bottom for sick pay, some of the most anti unions rules etc...

In other words you need to pregnant every year to fare well.

"Is that it? Everything else is correct?

In my experience the countries that don’t have a minimum wage have much much better unemployment benefits than ours.

Anyway, fewer bank holidays, almost bottom for pensions, bottom for sick pay, some of the most anti unions rules etc...

In other words you need to pregnant every year to fare well. "

So you're against the minimum wage in the hope that your unemployment benefit rises?

So you're against the minimum wage in the hope that your unemployment benefit rises? "

Ah ah. So nice to see you clutching at straws and manipulating the argument. At least these countries that don’t have have minimum wage seem to be fair to people struggling. That was the idea.

As for the minimum I wouldn’t be surprised if Boris got rid of it.

So you're against the minimum wage in the hope that your unemployment benefit rises? "

Ah ah. So nice to see you clutching at straws and manipulating the argument. At least these countries that don’t have have minimum wage seem to be fair to people struggling. That was the idea.

As for the minimum wage I wouldn’t be surprised if Boris got rid of it.

Report report

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

bournemouth

So you're against the minimum wage in the hope that your unemployment benefit rises?

Report report

"

Tell you what I bet you a thousand pounds to any charity you like he doesnt get rid of it.

Report report

Tell you what I bet you a thousand pounds to any charity you like he doesnt get rid of it."

He was against it before it was introduced. A long shot, granted but the tories I’m sure would get rid of it if they could.

bournemouth

Report report

Tell you what I bet you a thousand pounds to any charity you like he doesnt get rid of it.

He was against it before it was introduced. A long shot, granted but the tories I’m sure would get rid of it if they could. "

The tories have had ten years to get rid of it and haven't instead they have increased it every year last time by 6% IIRC. He wasnt even in parliament when it was introduced. So you're too chicken to take my bet then.

[Removed by poster at 29/01/21 18:36:52]

[Removed by poster at 29/01/21 18:41:51]

Sorry for deleted posts. Messed up the quote.

I understand why you want to focus on the minimum wage as you’ve got nothing to respond about the other points. I’ve just said that they probably won’t because they would be scared of the political consequences so we already agree that it won’t happen. I mean the tories would probably like to take us back to the Victorian times if they could but even them have limits at times.

We are still at the bottom when it comes to statutory sick pay. The other two countries below have got another system in place.

Fewest bank holidays.

Almost bottom for pensions.

Anti union laws.

And despite all this we have a lower productivity than France and a lot of other European countries.

So try again. Back to square one. Apart from being pregnant every year, we do Lyn’ t compete. But that’s probs my what you get with your beloved conservatives.

So yes, this is another area where we self proclaimed world beating when we are not. There is a pattern with this populist government.

And yet every year hundreds of thousands came to the UK from the EU to work. And still they will come if required

bournemouth

"Sorry for deleted posts. Messed up the quote.

I understand why you want to focus on the minimum wage as you’ve got nothing to respond about the other points. I’ve just said that they probably won’t because they would be scared of the political consequences so we already agree that it won’t happen. I mean the tories would probably like to take us back to the Victorian times if they could but even them have limits at times.

We are still at the bottom when it comes to statutory sick pay. The other two countries below have got another system in place.

Fewest bank holidays.

Anti union laws.

And despite all this we have a lower productivity than France and a lot of other European countries.

So try again. Back to square one. Apart from being pregnant every year, we do Lyn’ t compete. But that’s probs my what you get with your beloved conservatives.

So yes, this is another area where we self proclaimed world beating when we are not. There is a pattern with this populist government."

Actually according to two sources we are near the top in europe on pensions and on sustainability we are better than most in europe.

Of course most companies pay at least 70 % of pay as sick pay, its little point comparing SSP if you dont compare the rates that companies actually pay, I'm sure there are plenty in the uk that pay 200% and plenty that only pay the minimum.

As for anti unions legislation we needed it in the 70's as the unions were destroying the country, workers need representation but companies need protection from the idiots that run some unions.

By *ionelhutz OP   Man  over a year ago

liverpool

Probally be churlish at this time to point out it was the unions opposition which has resulted in British gas being hauled before ministers.

"I understand why you want to focus on the minimum wage as you’ve got nothing to respond about the other points. I’ve just said that they probably won’t because they would be scared of the political consequences so we already agree that it won’t happen. I mean the tories would probably like to take us back to the Victorian times if they could but even them have limits at times."

Bit hyperbolic tbh

Like me trying to say Labour will get rid of the kulaks and kill people with glasses for being intellectuals

"I understand why you want to focus on the minimum wage as you’ve got nothing to respond about the other points. I’ve just said that they probably won’t because they would be scared of the political consequences so we already agree that it won’t happen. I mean the tories would probably like to take us back to the Victorian times if they could but even them have limits at times.

Bit hyperbolic tbh

Like me trying to say Labour will get rid of the kulaks and kill people with glasses for being intellectuals "

Please add the Queen.,

"I understand why you want to focus on the minimum wage as you’ve got nothing to respond about the other points. I’ve just said that they probably won’t because they would be scared of the political consequences so we already agree that it won’t happen. I mean the tories would probably like to take us back to the Victorian times if they could but even them have limits at times.

Bit hyperbolic tbh

Like me trying to say Labour will get rid of the kulaks and kill people with glasses for being intellectuals

Please add the Queen.,"

Im sure you would love to see the Royal Family killed in a house in Siberia

Fewest bank holidays.

Anti union laws.

So yes, this is another area where we self proclaimed world beating when we are not. There is a pattern with this populist government.

Actually according to two sources we are near the top in europe on pensions and on sustainability we are better than most in europe.

Of course most companies pay at least 70 % of pay as sick pay, its little point comparing SSP if you dont compare the rates that companies actually pay, I'm sure there are plenty in the uk that pay 200% and plenty that only pay the minimum.

As for anti unions legislation we needed it in the 70's as the unions were destroying the country, workers need representation but companies need protection from the idiots that run some unions. "

Please send us your sources.

Bit hyperbolic tbh

Please add the Queen.,

Im sure you would love to see the Royal Family killed in a house in Siberia"

I’m not too demanding about the location.

bournemouth

Fewest bank holidays.

Anti union laws.

As for anti unions legislation we needed it in the 70's as the unions were destroying the country, workers need representation but companies need protection from the idiots that run some unions.

"

Look it up its what's Google's for

Fewest bank holidays.

Anti union laws.

Look it up its what's Google's for"

Well your Google and mine are different then. If you can’t post your sources don’t bother posting your stats.

We have the lowest state pensions in the world for example. So we are world beating there no doubt. We have some of the worst pensions in Europe too. Anybody can check this.

Same for bank holidays. I’ll repeat that we have one of the lowest statutory sick pays in Europe. It has been mentioned countless of times in our national media recently. You trying to fiddle the figures or making up stats won’t change what is a fact.

As for your dig at the unions, I don’t like calling people idiots as you did, although the likes of Rees Mogg, Duncan Smith etc are close to making the list.

bournemouth

Fewest bank holidays.

Anti union laws.

Look it up its what's Google's for

Well your Google and mine are different then. If you can’t post your sources don’t bother posting your stats.

We have the lowest state pensions in the world for example. So we are world beating there no doubt. We have some of the worst pensions in Europe too. Anybody can check this.

Same for bank holidays. I’ll repeat that we have one of the lowest statutory sick pays in Europe. It has been mentioned countless of times in our national media recently. You trying to fiddle the figures or making up stats won’t change what is a fact.

As for your dig at the unions, I don’t like calling people idiots as you did, although the likes of Rees Mogg, Duncan Smith etc are close to making the list. "

Says the man that wants the queen killed.

You just said the UK has the lowest pensions in the world and then said lower than some in europe too. Oh dear

» Add a new message to this topic