FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > eu put a boarder down ireland

eu put a boarder down ireland

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ostafun OP   Man  over a year ago

near ipswich

Well it didn't take long they have invoked article 16 and now there is a boarder on the mainland of Ireland.I wonder what sleepy joe will make of that?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

Yes will be interesting and funny how our eu obsessives havent mentioned it, bet they would if boris did it.

near ipswich

"Yes will be interesting and funny how our eu obsessives havent mentioned it, bet they would if boris did it.

"

You cannot defend the in defendable .I see the Taoiseach is not happy either so much for a united eu.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Well it didn't take long they have invoked article 16 and now there is a boarder on the mainland of Ireland.I wonder what sleepy joe will make of that? "

It is a mistake by the EU but it won’t effect the GFA, it is a ‘single issue and the rest of the protocol is protected’ . We aren’t in the EU club anymore and they are protecting their members

bournemouth

"Well it didn't take long they have invoked article 16 and now there is a boarder on the mainland of Ireland.I wonder what sleepy joe will make of that?

It is a mistake by the EU but it won’t effect the GFA, it is a ‘single issue and the rest of the protocol is protected’ . We aren’t in the EU club anymore and they are protecting their members "

What you mean like boris threatened to do and was heavily criticised for. There is now a border in Ireland

"Well it didn't take long they have invoked article 16 and now there is a boarder on the mainland of Ireland.I wonder what sleepy joe will make of that? "

Why have they done this?

near ipswich

it sure is a mistake all through the brexit process they insisted that there could be no boarder on the island of ireland 29 days in they have decided there can be if they say so.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

The virus forum yesterday was full of people saying 'fuck europe its every man for himself'

Now they are they are saying 'typical eu looking after themselves '

Nothing like a bit of consistency.

Did the EU vote for Brexit?

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

The EU have managed to unite the usually opposite parties in one act. For years they insisted on no border now they introduce it themselves.

"Well it didn't take long they have invoked article 16 and now there is a boarder on the mainland of Ireland.I wonder what sleepy joe will make of that?

It is a mistake by the EU but it won’t effect the GFA, it is a ‘single issue and the rest of the protocol is protected’ . We aren’t in the EU club anymore and they are protecting their members

What you mean like boris threatened to do and was heavily criticised for. There is now a border in Ireland "

Did you criticise Boris ? Yes there is a border on’a single issues ‘ it looks like an overreaction by the EU , I am sure all the details and reasons will become available soon

near ipswich

"Did the EU vote for Brexit? "
What has that got to do with it? Did the eu insist on no boarder on ireland?

Have after 29 days the eu created a boarder on ireland ?

two simple questions to answer as nothing else really needed in this thread .

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS  over a year ago

Notts

There's alot of hypocrisy going on....

"There's alot of hypocrisy going on...."

Where? It looks like the EU have over reacted, we aren’t in the club anymore, you don’t give a shit about the EU , they don’t give a shit about the UK, sounds fair ??

milton keynes

"Did the EU vote for Brexit? What has that got to do with it? Did the eu insist on no boarder on ireland?

Have after 29 days the eu created a boarder on ireland ?

two simple questions to answer as nothing else really needed in this thread ."

Yes they insisted on no border. Yes they then introduced a border.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"There's alot of hypocrisy going on....

Where? It looks like the EU have over reacted, we aren’t in the club anymore, you don’t give a shit about the EU , they don’t give a shit about the UK, sounds fair ??"

EU has no respect for Ireland .

They took this action, mistake or otherwise, without contacting and discussing with Dublin.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Why have they done this?"

The EU are worried that vaccines exported to NI, will end up in England, through the back door so to say.

milton keynes

Where? It looks like the EU have over reacted, we aren’t in the club anymore, you don’t give a shit about the EU , they don’t give a shit about the UK, sounds fair ??"

They want to divert vaccine intended for the UK to the EU so I would say it does have something to do with us

near ipswich

No this is about the integrity of the N Ireland protocol something the eu were keen to maintain well for a month anyway.

Why have they done this?

The EU are worried that vaccines exported to NI, will end up in England, through the back door so to say.

"

So a customs border?

Blimey. Can't see how they can implement this. There's 100 back roads over the border.

liverpool

They are certainly not happy

milton keynes

Why have they done this?

So a customs border?

Blimey. Can't see how they can implement this. There's 100 back roads over the border."

That's there problem

near ipswich

[Removed by poster at 29/01/21 21:26:19]

Where? It looks like the EU have over reacted, we aren’t in the club anymore, you don’t give a shit about the EU , they don’t give a shit about the UK, sounds fair ??

They are certainly not happy "

We don’t know the reasons as yet? We aren’t trade allies anymore though , I know one thing for certain though, thins wouldn’t have happened if we hadn’t have left (this will trigger a few on here )

milton keynes

Where? It looks like the EU have over reacted, we aren’t in the club anymore, you don’t give a shit about the EU , they don’t give a shit about the UK, sounds fair ??No this is about the integrity of the N Ireland protocol something the eu were keen to maintain well for a month anyway."

I stand to be corrected but think NI have a vote on the current deal regarding the border position in a few years time. Doubt this treatment will be forgotten

We don’t know the reasons as yet? We aren’t trade allies anymore though , I know one thing for certain though, thins wouldn’t have happened if we hadn’t have left (this will trigger a few on here ) "

It’s hard for some to understand that without Brexit none of this would happen.

We don’t know the reasons as yet? We aren’t trade allies anymore though , I know one thing for certain though, thins wouldn’t have happened if we hadn’t have left (this will trigger a few on here )

It’s hard for some to understand that without Brexit none of this would happen. "

Shhh, let them have their moment , incoming rage predicted

here

It’s hard for some to understand that without Brexit none of this would happen. "

... and no doubt waiting for the vaccines to be ordered, approved, allocated.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

EU have dropped the ball on this one can’t help think it’s a thinly veiled deflection from being slow to the vaccine table.

Make it look like someone else is to blame straight from the Uk politics playbook.

"... they don’t give a shit about the UK"

Except they clearly do. The Commission has made a complete pigs ear of the vaccination programme by being slow, inept and overly bureaucratic and we are making them look bad, so we have to be punished.

"EU have dropped the ball on this one can’t help think it’s a thinly veiled deflection from being slow to the vaccine table.

Make it look like someone else is to blame straight from the Uk politics playbook.

"

I agree with the last part of your comment.

North Bucks

"EU have dropped the ball on this one can’t help think it’s a thinly veiled deflection from being slow to the vaccine table.

I agree with the last part of your comment. "

What you don’t think they fucked up vaccinations?

Grantham

"

UvdL coming under huge pressure from member states and the press. Macron now praising the USA and the way that its gone about vaccines, and saying EU far too slow.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

All this proves even more we are right to have left the EU they are a bunch of two faced lying bastards.

We have kept the rules they break them load of dirty scumbags.

bournemouth

UvdL coming under huge pressure from member states and the press. Macron now praising the USA and the way that its gone about vaccines, and saying EU far too slow. "

Perhaps somebody needs to remind the plonked which country insisted on wanting the french vaccine to be the favoured one. Is he really now praising trump or has joe down it all in a week.

milton keynes

[Removed by poster at 29/01/21 21:45:26]

liverpool

We don’t know the reasons as yet? We aren’t trade allies anymore though , I know one thing for certain though, thins wouldn’t have happened if we hadn’t have left (this will trigger a few on here ) "

Was reading something where they think pfeizer have fucked them over..apparently isreal have had no problems.

Certainly looks like an over reaction though.

liverpool

"All this proves even more we are right to have left the EU they are a bunch of two faced lying bastards.

"

What you don’t think they fucked up vaccinations? "

Difficult to tell. The Brexiteers will blame the bureaucrats, the red tape etc..

I think they were more careful approving vaccines for a start. Even Fauci said the same at the time.

They have ordered more than 2 billion doses though I think.

milton keynes

What you don’t think they fucked up vaccinations? "

Even the WHO are critical of them. Wonder what Biden thinks of how they have treated Ireland

Even the WHO are critical of them. Wonder what Biden thinks of how they have treated Ireland"

The WHO have been critical of a lot of countries including the U.K.

North Bucks

Difficult to tell. The Brexiteers will blame the bureaucrats, the red tape etc..

I think they were more careful approving vaccines for a start. Even Fauci said the same at the time.

They have ordered more than 2 billion doses though I think. "

I don’t see Brexiteers come into to be honest certainly their blame is irrelevant.

They ordered late and backed the wrong horse. They need a scapegoat.

And I’m pro European.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I don’t think will find any of the old remainers defending this... and to be honest it’s a move that can backfire big time....

If the EU stop Pfizer vaccines coming into the uk, the UK could basically do the same thing since the Oxford vaccine and the new Novamax vaccines are being made in the UK... to the point the uk could have a vaccine surplus

Also because the Pfizer vaccine cost 10 times the production costs of the Oxford vaccine... it could cost them a lot more to get the entire continent vaccinated

North Bucks

What’s surprised me about this is how limited vaccine manufacture is in terms of number of sites and infrastructure.

here

"I don’t think will find any of the old remainers defending this... and to be honest it’s a move that can backfire big time....

If the EU stop Pfizer vaccines coming into the uk, the UK could basically do the same thing since the Oxford vaccine and the new Novamax vaccines are being made in the UK... to the point the uk could have a vaccine surplus

Also because the Pfizer vaccine cost 10 times the production costs of the Oxford vaccine... it could cost them a lot more to get the entire continent vaccinated "

Interesting situation for POTUS?

EU interfering in American companies commercial contracts, not to mention the Irish border situation...

"All this proves even more we are right to have left the EU they are a bunch of two faced lying bastards.

"

Why would they give a shit what a leave voter thinks, in fact , why would they give a shit about what anyone in the UK thinks, we have left, get over it

I don’t see Brexiteers come into to be honest certainly their blame is irrelevant.

And I’m pro European. "

Yes backing the back horse has also got to do with it. Sanofi has clearly been a bad choice. I understand Sanofi going to produce the Pfizer vaccine now.

As for the way the EU are reacting there’s no question than 4 years of wrangling with the U.K. on Brexit combined to the populist buffoon we have as PM is not helping.

Grantham

"I don’t think will find any of the old remainers defending this... and to be honest it’s a move that can backfire big time....

Also because the Pfizer vaccine cost 10 times the production costs of the Oxford vaccine... it could cost them a lot more to get the entire continent vaccinated "

Many member states have not taken up their full allocation of the Pfizer vaccine, mainly due to cost. Whilst the EU places the orders and allocates vaccine shares, its upto member countries to pay. The AZ vaccine is a fifth of the cost of Pfzier.

Basically, they all want the AZ vaccine.

upton wirral

And I’m pro European.

Yes backing the back horse has also got to do with it. Sanofi has clearly been a bad choice. I understand Sanofi going to produce the Pfizer vaccine now.

As for the way the EU are reacting there’s no question than 4 years of wrangling with the U.K. on Brexit combined to the populist buffoon we have as PM is not helping.

"

Your view is crazy and is a discrace even by remoaner standards

Why would they give a shit what a leave voter thinks, in fact , why would they give a shit about what anyone in the UK thinks, we have left, get over it "

Exactly, the U.K. has now become a third country. They don’t give a toss what our brexiters think. They defend their interests, full stop.

It might be worth reminding a few people here that a few weeks ago, Bojo the saint threatened to use the Navy to deal with European fishermen. This will have not fallen on death ears on the other side of the Channel.

Only one month since we completely left the EU and there are very serious tensions. It’s not as if people hadn’t been told before the referendum that one of the good things about the EU was to maintain peace and reasonable and fairly good relationships in Europe. Well, it didn’t take long for the people who were fearful to be proved right.

And I’m pro European.

Your view is crazy and is a discrace even by remoaner standards"

I’d be worried if you agreed with me to be honest. It’s a badge of honour.

milton keynes

Also because the Pfizer vaccine cost 10 times the production costs of the Oxford vaccine... it could cost them a lot more to get the entire continent vaccinated

Many member states have not taken up their full allocation of the Pfizer vaccine, mainly due to cost. Whilst the EU places the orders and allocates vaccine shares, its upto member countries to pay. The AZ vaccine is a fifth of the cost of Pfzier.

Basically, they all want the AZ vaccine. "

They would be better fixing the production problems in the EU rather than trying to take vaccines from the UK while at the same time denying anyone else. The news of the French company offering to produce phizer was a good sign I thought. Maybe they need more of that spirit

liverpool

There was a spokesman on the news before trying to calm things down

There was a spokesman on the news before trying to calm things down "

There are also plenty of drugs coming from the EU which are not produced in the U.K. There were a lot of people in this country before Brexit who were dreading not getting life saving drugs. Nobody has got anything to gain from this.

liverpool

Looks like they are backtracking

near ipswich

I doubt the uk would do that we are not that petty.

By *ust some cock suckerMan  over a year ago

Preston

I've hardly seen any news about this but after reading an article it does look like the EU took far too long to decide if they want a certain vaccine but Boris said months ago we'll have millions of them but the EU now want vaccines we ordered ages ago to go to them in a queue jump job.

The EU acted slowly

Boris "I can't believe I'm going to say this" took the lead and gambled and acted very quickly and it's worked out well for us.

Well done Boris "on this issue" at least

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Looks like they are backtracking "

Decision reversed..... right move

Also because the Pfizer vaccine cost 10 times the production costs of the Oxford vaccine... it could cost them a lot more to get the entire continent vaccinated I doubt the uk would do that we are not that petty."

Of course we wouldn’t. We’re such nation full of Saints.

Amazing how some people think that this country is beyond everybody morally. You only have to look at the morality of the guy in Downing Street to get the idea...

near ipswich

"Looks like they are backtracking

Decision reversed..... right move "

What the have done a U turn ? good decision.

Decision reversed..... right move What the have done a U turn ? good decision. "

Petty you said?

upton wirral

Decision reversed..... right move What the have done a U turn ? good decision.

Petty you said? "

If they have they have been reading the forums lol

By *urham 3 riversMan  over a year ago

Co. Durham

"... they don’t give a shit about the UK

Except they clearly do. The Commission has made a complete pigs ear of the vaccination programme by being slow, inept and overly bureaucratic and we are making them look bad, so we have to be punished.

"

fully agree with you

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

Also because the Pfizer vaccine cost 10 times the production costs of the Oxford vaccine... it could cost them a lot more to get the entire continent vaccinated I doubt the uk would do that we are not that petty.

Amazing how some people think that this country is beyond everybody morally. You only have to look at the morality of the guy in Downing Street to get the idea... "

We are in many ways a nation of children. A huge number of British people are absolutely devoted to the idea that Britain is always right 100% of the time, and that we are naturally superior at all times to silly foreigners.

It's embarrassing.

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

Even the WHO are critical of them. Wonder what Biden thinks of how they have treated Ireland"

Truly astonishing with the WHO being critical, Sleepy Joe can't really disagree with them now he has signed back in with them. Or was he only against the UK putting a border across his beloved Ireland.

In all my years, I would have never thought the political parties of Ireland North and South would be united by an act of true incompetence of the the EU. Lorries and supplies are tracked and batches are coded, clearly they don't trust AZ either. clearly they don't like the UK. Sour grapes, and it seems to hurt them more than the UK.

Having read the APA that the EU released today, where they claimed that the AZ production plant in the UK was considered inside the EU, seriously now needs a rethink after putting a hard border across Ireland.

Clearly they have serious shortcomings in understanding Irelands politics.

"... they don’t give a shit about the UK

fully agree with you "

What’s this idea of constantly being punished by the EU??!! What’s this victimisation mode?

I mean wake up everyone, the world is large. Other countries live and make decisions without giving a toss about the U.K. I know that some Brexiteers think that the U.K. is the centre of the universe but it’s not the case.

Our neighbours are defending their own interests and those of their citizens. The U.K. is the least of their worries.

And I’m pro European.

Your view is crazy and is a discrace even by remoaner standards

I’d be worried if you agreed with me to be honest. It’s a badge of honour. "

I can second that,

Notts

If the eu started bombing us I think you'd argue it was all part of the game, but if Boris farts hes a pollution hazard breaking global rules on methane pollution lol your opinions are starting to lose credibility

liverpool

Also because the Pfizer vaccine cost 10 times the production costs of the Oxford vaccine... it could cost them a lot more to get the entire continent vaccinated I doubt the uk would do that we are not that petty.

Amazing how some people think that this country is beyond everybody morally. You only have to look at the morality of the guy in Downing Street to get the idea...

We are in many ways a nation of children. A huge number of British people are absolutely devoted to the idea that Britain is always right 100% of the time, and that we are naturally superior at all times to silly foreigners.

It's embarrassing. "

Brexiteers are literally creaming their pants with i told you so's

Nice to see them not making political capital out of a virus.

Certainly a big fuck up by the EU though.

Decision reversed..... right move "

Yep, the angry Brexit supporters can calm down now, nothing wrong with a U turn ??

It's embarrassing.

Certainly a big fuck up by the EU though. "

A huge mistake but it was worth it to see the likes of Farage and his followers nearly explode with rage

If the eu started bombing us I think you'd argue it was all part of the game, but if Boris farts hes a pollution hazard breaking global rules on methane pollution lol your opinions are starting to lose credibility "

Pot, kettle, black

It's embarrassing.

A huge mistake but it was worth it to see the likes of Farage and his followers nearly explode with rage "

If you know anything about Irish politics you wouldn't say this was worth it.

This is a very serious issue. No one actually gives a fuck about Farage.

near ipswich

Well its nice to see for a change everyone agreeing that the eu fucked up big time and their U turn was the right thing to do.Will anyone carry the can for this or will it be brushed under the carpet?

[Removed by poster at 29/01/21 22:48:28]

"Well its nice to see for a change everyone agreeing that the eu fucked up big time and their U turn was the right thing to do.Will anyone carry the can for this or will it be brushed under the carpet?"

Well, just relax a bit will you. I’ve just had a look at German, French and Danish newspapers, there’s not even a line on all this. They all talk about the Astrazaneca vaccine approved by the EU today and the difficulties with supplies as well as a row with Astrazaneca but it’s not WW3...

Remember the U.K. and what happens at our borders doesn’t really interest the average continental person. It’s fair to say that people there don’t even have a clue about the sensitivity of the Irish border and probably do t give a toss.

Van der Leyen’s head is not going roll because the Brexiteers and the DUP have got their gussets all wet for 20 minutes.

Notts

If the eu started bombing us I think you'd argue it was all part of the game, but if Boris farts hes a pollution hazard breaking global rules on methane pollution lol your opinions are starting to lose credibility

Pot, kettle, black "

Not really and you know it

It's embarrassing.

A huge mistake but it was worth it to see the likes of Farage and his followers nearly explode with rage

If you know anything about Irish politics you wouldn't say this was worth it.

This is a very serious issue. No one actually gives a fuck about Farage."

The idiots who voted for him do. The EU eventually made the right decision, a u turn Boris would be proud off, watching some of the Brexit voters lose their shit before anything was confirmed was a joy to behold

milton keynes

Decision reversed..... right move What the have done a U turn ? good decision. "

Yep looking like it. Woman on sky reported that NI leaders phoned Ursula to remind d her that NI still exists and she was about to impose the very thing she argue against. Also mentioned was that forcing companies to change due to the contract would be virtually impossible in law and banning exports could mean the EU having to pay compensation. Hopefully they Will wake up in a better mood tomorrow

Eastleigh

And the whole world watches as the EU spits its dummy out. Doesn't do them any favours. Clearly they ordered late, approved late and now want everyone else's supply to make up for their incompetence.

Worryingly, they can decide that if a factory in the UK makes something they need then they can claim it is part of the EU. If AZ had a factory in the USA would they also claim that as being in the EU and thus should supply them.

Out of all this, even Barnier has seen the light and error of the EU, now that I didn't see coming from him.

"And the whole world watches as the EU spits its dummy out. Doesn't do them any favours. Clearly they ordered late, approved late and now want everyone else's supply to make up for their incompetence.

Worryingly, they can decide that if a factory in the UK makes something they need then they can claim it is part of the EU. If AZ had a factory in the USA would they also claim that as being in the EU and thus should supply them.

Out of all this, even Barnier has seen the light and error of the EU, now that I didn't see coming from him. "

So much aggravation... That’s what decades of rags like the Daily Express does to a country, as well as giving people an overblown sense of superior morality that comes across as sheer arrogance as soon as you live these shores and talk to foreigners.

"And the whole world watches as the EU spits its dummy out. Doesn't do them any favours. Clearly they ordered late, approved late and now want everyone else's supply to make up for their incompetence.

Out of all this, even Barnier has seen the light and error of the EU, now that I didn't see coming from him. "

Just to clarify, what have the EU done?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Not sure if it's been said but Newsnight just reported a statement that they have backed down from the article 16..

Tbh I think they are in a bit of a flap probably entirely of their own making and are not looking like they know what to do..

Out of all this, even Barnier has seen the light and error of the EU, now that I didn't see coming from him.

Just to clarify, what have the EU done? "

If you're about to argue 'they didn't actually do anything' I wouldn't bother

If you're about to argue 'they didn't actually do anything' I wouldn't bother "

I will ask again, what have the EU done?

I will ask again, what have the EU done? "

They’ve pull a brexiteers’s tight g string from the back.

They’ve pull a brexiteers’s tight g string from the back. "

And then twisted it for an hour

liverpool

"Not sure if it's been said but Newsnight just reported a statement that they have backed down from the article 16..

Tbh I think they are in a bit of a flap probably entirely of their own making and are not looking like they know what to do..

"

Yep they have backed down now

All a bit of a mess really.

Still finally brexiteers have got something to celebrate

"Not sure if it's been said but Newsnight just reported a statement that they have backed down from the article 16..

Still finally brexiteers have got something to celebrate "

Sort off, I doubt the Boris fanboys on here can criticise a U turn

liverpool

Sort off, I doubt the Boris fanboys on here can criticise a U turn "

There was one on five live before saying The eu is killing people and we are saving lives...

There was one on five live before saying The eu is killing people and we are saving lives..."

Was it Farage? Seriously though, it would have been a Brexiters wet dream if they had gone ahead with it, secretly they are gutted they did a U turn

here

"

Spanish minister playing down article 16 as simply a mistake and has now been repaired.

Not sure it's going to be that easy for it to be brushed under the carpet...

And of course the Eu 27 still have a huge issue with a woeful lack of vaccine doses

Spanish minister playing down article 16 as simply a mistake and has now been repaired.

And of course the Eu 27 still have a huge issue with a woeful lack of vaccine doses "

Actually, if I'm honest I think the Irish are gonna have more of an issue with this than anybody else.

And of course the Eu 27 still have a huge issue with a woeful lack of vaccine doses "

Yes, it’s a mess, not sure what the situation is with Astra Zeneca, I have read they were expecting 300 million doses of them

liverpool

There was one on five live before saying The eu is killing people and we are saving lives...

Was it Farage? Seriously though, it would have been a Brexiters wet dream if they had gone ahead with it, secretly they are gutted they did a U turn "

Nah some tory mp..I though he was going to have an aneurysm at one point..this is why we came out of the eu(they have obviously developed time travel abilities )

Still gives them something to cling onto.

They will probably be having street parties tomorrow.

Well, if they’ve admitted their mistake, that’s a good thing.

It’s another thing to the list of frictions between the U.K. and its neighbours though.

-The French closing their border to lorries before Christmas

-The threat to send the navy to sort out fishermen.

-And now this.

No doubt that Brexit has made our country safer and everything is going very smoothly between countries who five years were strong allies.

Putin is laughing his head off probably.

Was it Farage? Seriously though, it would have been a Brexiters wet dream if they had gone ahead with it, secretly they are gutted they did a U turn

Nah some tory mp..I though he was going to have an aneurysm at one point..this is why we came out of the eu(they have obviously developed time travel abilities )

Still gives them something to cling onto.

They will probably be having street parties tomorrow. "

So close to a ‘victory ‘ ,

here

And of course the Eu 27 still have a huge issue with a woeful lack of vaccine doses

Yes, it’s a mess, not sure what the situation is with Astra Zeneca, I have read they were expecting 300 million doses of them "

Expecting 100million in first quarter, however this may be as low as 40million due to the production issues at the Belgian site.

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh.

So. Looking like we were right to leave the EU then.

Eastleigh

If you're about to argue 'they didn't actually do anything' I wouldn't bother "

Incorrect, they accused the UK of 'diverting' vaccine components to the UK AZ plant that the EU believe was destined for them. And thus the delay to the Belgium plant.

Eastleigh

Stupidly, even if the UK bends over and takes it up the arse, do the EU honestly think that the doses contributed from the UK would make a dent in their big whole they have dug. Even 5 million doses a week for the next 6 weeks would not even touch the sides of the EU population, what the UK AZ factory could produce for them until the Belgen plant comes on line would not bail them out the mess they have created.

Maybe it is dawning on them just what a mess they have created and they are in, and even with full blown help from the UK it would make little difference.

Instead of fully understanding the problem they had in the first instance, they just accused the UK and AZ of wrong doing. How pathetic.

So England dont want us and now the EU dont want us lol

Heaven forbid theres nothing like feeling like a cheap hooker thats been used as a bargaining chip in the brexit deal.

EU hypocrisy exposed AGAIN no surprise fuck em all TAL

in Lancashire

Actually, if I'm honest I think the Irish are gonna have more of an issue with this than anybody else."

Yes, particularly the unionists but Biden and the Irish Taesoch will be equally not pleased..

in Lancashire

"So England dont want us and now the EU dont want us lol

Heaven forbid theres nothing like feeling like a cheap hooker thats been used as a bargaining chip in the brexit deal.

EU hypocrisy exposed AGAIN no surprise fuck em all TAL "

Not England mate, just the swivel eyed loons in the tory party for whom anyone is collateral..

Your not really alone in that group either..

It's telling that individual EU countries had to wade in and tell the Commission that they were wrong. Maybe this will focus a few minds and they will ask themselves, what really is the point of it?

near ipswich

They’ve pull a brexiteers’s tight g string from the back. "

You obviously do not understand the importance of the GFA to the whole of Ireland .

liverpool

Incorrect, they accused the UK of 'diverting' vaccine components to the UK AZ plant that the EU believe was destined for them. And thus the delay to the Belgium plant. "

Link?

liverpool

"It's telling that individual EU countries had to wade in and tell the Commission that they were wrong. Maybe this will focus a few minds and they will ask themselves, what really is the point of it? "

Because of 1 mess up, they will question the while institution?

Somehow I doubt it.

There have been a load of cock ups, from the Euro and its roll out, to austerity, to the migrant crisis and Schengen, to Cameron and Brexit, to the Ukraine, to trade deals, or the lack of... etc etc, that's off the top of my head, the list goes on

in Lancashire

"There have been a load of cock ups, from the Euro and its roll out, to austerity, to the migrant crisis and Schengen, to Cameron and Brexit, to the Ukraine, to trade deals, or the lack of... etc etc, that's off the top of my head, the list goes on "

Meanwhile in the perfect nirvana of ? No mistakes are ever made..

If we're going to point the finger of look at them fucking up that is like some gross hypocrites..

Surely in this sceptered isle we would be less so one would think..

"There have been a load of cock ups, from the Euro and its roll out, to austerity, to the migrant crisis and Schengen, to Cameron and Brexit, to the Ukraine, to trade deals, or the lack of... etc etc, that's off the top of my head, the list goes on "

Same old, same old.

As said before, some people are very perceptive when it comes to see mistakes made by the EU but they are completely oblivious about the mess ups we have had here. Top of my head I could mention at least 50 things the U.K. has got wrong in the past year.

People see what they want to see.

No cock up with Cameron by the way. after 40 years of having to make exceptions for the U.K., they decided that enough was enough so they told him to get lost. And rightly so. You are either part of the EU or you’re not. In that respect I’m pleased we are out. Why should the U.K. be given special treatment?

The euro can also be seen as a success in many ways.

liverpool

Brexit,The migrant crises and austerity are the fault of the eu?

near ipswich

I see Hungary have got fed up waiting for the eu and approved the Chinese vaccine.

"There have been a load of cock ups, from the Euro and its roll out, to austerity, to the migrant crisis and Schengen, to Cameron and Brexit, to the Ukraine, to trade deals, or the lack of... etc etc, that's off the top of my head, the list goes on

Brexit,The migrant crises and austerity are the fault of the eu?"

Licking Trump’s back side, shutting Parliament illegally, chumocracy, waiting times for operations in the NHS being so bad so we scrapped targets, also the EU. Took me 20 seconds for those.

"I see Hungary have got fed up waiting for the eu and approved the Chinese vaccine."

Nice to see that you’re keeping up with the news. Any news about Spain’s position on Scotland rejoining the EU?

near ipswich

"I see Hungary have got fed up waiting for the eu and approved the Chinese vaccine.

Nice to see that you’re keeping up with the news. Any news about Spain’s position on Scotland rejoining the EU? "

yes i replied to that keep up bob

"I see Hungary have got fed up waiting for the eu and approved the Chinese vaccine.

Nice to see that you’re keeping up with the news. Any news about Spain’s position on Scotland rejoining the EU? yes i replied to that keep up bob

"

Ah yes. Took you a day to try to wriggle out of a silly statement saying that Spain would never let the Scots join. We’ve gone from Spain will never let the Scots join to ‘they never said they wouldn’t’. It was worth taking a day to answer.

"There have been a load of cock ups, from the Euro and its roll out, to austerity, to the migrant crisis and Schengen, to Cameron and Brexit, to the Ukraine, to trade deals, or the lack of... etc etc, that's off the top of my head, the list goes on

Licking Trump’s back side, shutting Parliament illegally, chumocracy, waiting times for operations in the NHS being so bad so we scrapped targets, also the EU. Took me 20 seconds for those. "

You're banging on about the UKs wrongs but Silver never said the UK didn't do wrong. Your mate over there in the corner said the EU made '1 fuck up', which isn't true.

It's the same old shit with any EU fan. As soon as a Leave voter says anything the answer is 'well we've done bad too'.

Yeah, we know. No one said the UK haven't

near ipswich

Nice to see that you’re keeping up with the news. Any news about Spain’s position on Scotland rejoining the EU? yes i replied to that keep up bob

Ah yes. Took you a day to try to wriggle out of a silly statement saying that Spain would never let the Scots join. We’ve gone from Spain will never let the Scots join to ‘they never said they wouldn’t’. It was worth taking a day to answer. "

Im not like you mate i have other things to do and what with the recent enforced holidays im receiving lately for no reason its not always possible, but it dos give me pleasure knowing people want to shut you down as they have no counter argument.Happy days.

Licking Trump’s back side, shutting Parliament illegally, chumocracy, waiting times for operations in the NHS being so bad so we scrapped targets, also the EU. Took me 20 seconds for those.

You're banging on about the UKs wrongs but Silver never said the UK didn't do wrong. Your mate over there in the corner said the EU made '1 fuck up', which isn't true.

It's the same old shit with any EU fan. As soon as a Leave voter says anything the answer is 'well we've done bad too'.

Yeah, we know. No one said the UK haven't "

Thanks

I can't be arsed to reply to them any more

Yeah, we know. No one said the UK haven't "

Interesting view. Personally when I teach other people lessons and tell them they’re crap, I make sure I’m credible and that I look at my own backyard first.

I never said the EU was perfect personally but considering the clowns we’ve had for ten years and the countless shocking decisions they’ve made, I think it is worth reminding the leavers that things are not rosey here.

Interesting view. Personally when I teach other people lessons and tell them they’re crap, I make sure I’m credible and that I look at my own backyard first.

I never said the EU was perfect personally but considering the clowns we’ve had for ten years and the countless shocking decisions they’ve made, I think it is worth reminding the leavers that things are not rosey here. "

As I said WE KNOW. I'm pretty sure I've never seen a leave voter in here say that the UK have never made mistakes.

As I said, every single time without fail that the EU are criticised the go to comeback is 'UK aren't perfect'

It's petulance at it's finest

Ah yes. Took you a day to try to wriggle out of a silly statement saying that Spain would never let the Scots join. We’ve gone from Spain will never let the Scots join to ‘they never said they wouldn’t’. It was worth taking a day to answer. Im not like you mate i have other things to do and what with the recent enforced holidays im receiving lately for no reason its not always possible, but it dos give me pleasure knowing people want to shut you down as they have no counter argument.Happy days. "

We have missed you. Glad to see you’re busy and that the painful waiting is over.

I never said the EU was perfect personally but considering the clowns we’ve had for ten years and the countless shocking decisions they’ve made, I think it is worth reminding the leavers that things are not rosey here.

As I said WE KNOW. I'm pretty sure I've never seen a leave voter in here say that the UK have never made mistakes.

As I said, every single time without fail that the EU are criticised the go to comeback is 'UK aren't perfect'

It's petulance at it's finest"

It might be the case for you. but not the person I was responding to. Never has he admitted any mistakes made by his beloved tories. Shall we try to ask him what he thinks the tories have done wrong in the past ten years?

near ipswich

Ah yes. Took you a day to try to wriggle out of a silly statement saying that Spain would never let the Scots join. We’ve gone from Spain will never let the Scots join to ‘they never said they wouldn’t’. It was worth taking a day to answer. Im not like you mate i have other things to do and what with the recent enforced holidays im receiving lately for no reason its not always possible, but it dos give me pleasure knowing people want to shut you down as they have no counter argument.Happy days.

We have missed you. Glad to see you’re busy and that the painful waiting is over. "

Painful you must have a very sad life if this forum is all you have.As i have said every time it happens i know i have won the argument bob.

It's petulance at it's finest

It might be the case for you. but not the person I was responding to. Never has he admitted any mistakes made by his beloved tories. Shall we try to ask him what he thinks the tories have done wrong in the past ten years? "

What difference does it make that the Tories have made mistakes? Just as every single political party around the world has.

The point stands anyway, I'm out

liverpool

Still waiting on how the worldwide banking crises was caused by the eu.

Or the migrant crises in the middle east.

Or austerity.

Or Brexit

liverpool

Quote of the day..no one has said uk hasn't made mistakes..

Think I'll get that framed.

By *uninlondon69Man  over a year ago

Lewisham

In PMQs a fortnight ago Johnson threatened to invoke Article 16 himself in relation to the supermarket supply problems caused by brexit.

Is it OK when we do it but not when the EU do it?

liverpool

"In PMQs a fortnight ago Johnson threatened to invoke Article 16 himself in relation to the supermarket supply problems caused by brexit.

Is it OK when we do it but not when the EU do it? "

Ssshhhh

You are ruining their moment of glory.

milton keynes

It's petulance at it's finest"

By *uliaChrisCouple  over a year ago

westerham

Brexit,The migrant crises and austerity are the fault of the eu?"

Yes, yes, partly.

liverpool

It's almost like the vaccine is being used to divert attention away from the utter car crash, that has preceded it.

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Yup. It certainly shows their true colours. First to break the deal.

After all the arguing about hard borders.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-eu-withdraws-plan-to-control-coronavirus-vaccine-exports-to-northern-ireland-12202835

"It's almost like the vaccine is being used to divert attention away from the utter car crash, that has preceded it."

Dead right there:

"However, the dispute is viewed by some critics as an attempt by Brussels to distract attention from its sluggish vaccination rollout as the UK races ahead".

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

seems there is a new emerging migrant crisis from hong kong.

here

"It's almost like the vaccine is being used to divert attention away from the utter car crash, that has preceded it.

Dead right there:

"However, the dispute is viewed by some critics as an attempt by Brussels to distract attention from its sluggish vaccination rollout as the UK races ahead"."

"I see Hungary have got fed up waiting for the eu and approved the Chinese vaccine."

Which they are allowed to do ??

milton keynes

"It's almost like the vaccine is being used to divert attention away from the utter car crash, that has preceded it.

Dead right there:

"However, the dispute is viewed by some critics as an attempt by Brussels to distract attention from its sluggish vaccination rollout as the UK races ahead"."

its not a good look for them to see the UK doing so well on this. They know they have to push the blame elsewhere.

near ipswich

Dead right there:

"However, the dispute is viewed by some critics as an attempt by Brussels to distract attention from its sluggish vaccination rollout as the UK races ahead".

its not a good look for them to see the UK doing so well on this. They know they have to push the blame elsewhere. "

The people of the eu and various governments are not stupid they can see its a deflection from how the commission has dealt with being so slow.More ammunition for the likes of le penn and other anti eu politicians.

liverpool

Dead right there:

its not a good look for them to see the UK doing so well on this. They know they have to push the blame elsewhere. "

I doubt that's even crossed their mind.

Dead right there:

its not a good look for them to see the UK doing so well on this. They know they have to push the blame elsewhere.

I doubt that's even crossed their mind."

Oh, yes it is . . .

"Ms von der Leyen tweeted late on Friday that she'd held "constructive talks" with Mr Johnson".

By *untwolancashireCouple  over a year ago

Preston/Lancaster

Dead right there:

I doubt that's even crossed their mind."

It would of been one of the first things the EU thought to blame it on (the UK), but unlike yourself & others on here not all the people of Europe will fall for it Lionel x

The EU can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time, but the EU cannot fool all the people all the time. x

liverpool

Dead right there:

Oh, yes it is . . .

"Ms von der Leyen tweeted late on Friday that she'd held "constructive talks" with Mr Johnson".

"

That hardly means they are blaming the uk

Their ire is directed towards Pfizer.

near ipswich

Dead right there:

Oh, yes it is . . .

"

Maybe she was just asking his advice on how to draw up proper contracts.

liverpool

Dead right there:

It would of been one of the first things the EU thought to blame it on (the UK), but unlike yourself & others on here not all the people of Europe will fall for it Lionel x

The EU can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time, but the EU cannot fool all the people all the time. x"

I think what has been quite noticeable that everyone has acknowledged the eu has fucked up.

A far cry from when boris does

Dead right there:

I think your putting to much emphasis on ‘how well the UK are doing ‘ the vaccine rollout is a marathon not a sprint. It is amazing how some of the anti EU posters are quick to compare the vaccine with the EU but totally ignore the number of deaths .

liverpool

Dead right there:

I think your putting to much emphasis on ‘how well the UK are doing ‘ the vaccine rollout is a marathon not a sprint. It is amazing how some of the anti EU posters are quick to compare the vaccine with the EU but totally ignore the number of deaths . "

It's almost like they are trying to get people to forget about that minor inconvenience.

Dead right there:

I think your putting to much emphasis on ‘how well the UK are doing ‘ the vaccine rollout is a marathon not a sprint. It is amazing how some of the anti EU posters are quick to compare the vaccine with the EU but totally ignore the number of deaths .

It's almost like they are trying to get people to forget about that minor inconvenience. "

Indeed, there is no excuse for what the EU tried to do last night and I think we can agree that revoking article 16 is a bad idea (something that Boris said he would have ‘no hesitation’ in doing, 2 weeks ago in parliament .

By *eanoCoolMan  over a year ago

wisbech

Dead right there:

I think your putting to much emphasis on ‘how well the UK are doing ‘ the vaccine rollout is a marathon not a sprint. It is amazing how some of the anti EU posters are quick to compare the vaccine with the EU but totally ignore the number of deaths . "

Would help if the number of death figures were reliable for each country but they are far from it, our own figure is based on if they had a positive test in the last 28 days, so not all those deaths will be from covid in that 28 days but they are all counted as such. No idea how other countries are recording there figures but I would assume there's are also not 100% correct either. It will be a few years before any country can truly know how many died from this horrendous disease.

[Removed by poster at 30/01/21 13:39:58]

Dead right there:

Oh, yes it is . . .

Maybe she was just asking his advice on how to draw up proper contracts. "

lol - Could do with the practice.

Dead right there:

Would help if the number of death figures were reliable for each country but they are far from it, our own figure is based on if they had a positive test in the last 28 days, so not all those deaths will be from covid in that 28 days but they are all counted as such. No idea how other countries are recording there figures but I would assume there's are also not 100% correct either. It will be a few years before any country can truly know how many died from this horrendous disease."

It is a global pandemic and they are global vaccines, once every person in the world is vaccinated then we can start to relax, until then the comparisons between countries is pointless

milton keynes

Dead right there:

Oh, yes it is . . .

"

I think the UK doing well has been a catalyst for their actions. If the UK was in the same state or worse it would not be so much of a problem for them but to see the UK doing well is a red rag to a bull. I don't understand the argument that because the UK made mistakes it means others mistakes can't be pointed out. If that were true no one could ever discuss mistakes again

liverpool

Dead right there:

Oh, yes it is . . .

I think the UK doing well has been a catalyst for their actions. If the UK was in the same state or worse it would not be so much of a problem for them but to see the UK doing well is a red rag to a bull. I don't understand the argument that because the UK made mistakes it means others mistakes can't be pointed out. If that were true no one could ever discuss mistakes again"

Where has the eu criticised the uk?

liverpool

The pm who hides in fridges to avoid answering questions and didnt know Wigan was in Lancashire is now a byword for attention to detail and organisation.

Dead right there:

Oh, yes it is . . .

I think the UK doing well has been a catalyst for their actions. If the UK was in the same state or worse it would not be so much of a problem for them but to see the UK doing well is a red rag to a bull. I don't understand the argument that because the UK made mistakes it means others mistakes can't be pointed out. If that were true no one could ever discuss mistakes again

Where has the eu criticised the uk?"

Read it for yourself:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55865539

milton keynes

Dead right there:

Oh, yes it is . . .

Where has the eu criticised the uk?"

When did I say they had?

liverpool

Dead right there:

Oh, yes it is . . .

Read it for yourself:

"

Are they still going ahead with that?

liverpool

Dead right there:

Oh, yes it is . . .

When did I say they had?"

You said they had to push the blame somewhere else?

Dead right there:

Oh, yes it is . . .

I think the UK doing well has been a catalyst for their actions. If the UK was in the same state or worse it would not be so much of a problem for them but to see the UK doing well is a red rag to a bull. I don't understand the argument that because the UK made mistakes it means others mistakes can't be pointed out. If that were true no one could ever discuss mistakes again"

Ah. See mistakes are only to be pointed out when it's someone else making them. Doing well is never to be pointed out if your politics doesn't suit that frame of reference.

"The pm who hides in fridges to avoid answering questions and didnt know Wigan was in Lancashire is now a byword for attention to detail and organisation.

"

And the man who has made at least 11 U turns in the last 12 months

Dead right there:

Oh, yes it is . . .

Read it for yourself:

Are they still going ahead with that?"

Oh Okay then it's a non story - everybody back to bed.

milton keynes

Dead right there:

Oh, yes it is . . .

When did I say they had?

You said they had to push the blame somewhere else?"

Did I say the UK

westerham

Dead right there:

It's almost like they are trying to get people to forget about that minor inconvenience.

Indeed, there is no excuse for what the EU tried to do last night and I think we can agree that revoking article 16 is a bad idea (something that Boris said he would have ‘no hesitation’ in doing, 2 weeks ago in parliament . "

Again, this would be an appropriate time for remainers to make a rather fuller apology to the country than they’ve managed so far.

Dead right there:

Oh, yes it is . . .

Read it for yourself:

Oh Okay then it's a non story - everybody back to bed. "

It was a serious mistake and an immediate U turn, at least it wasn’t prolonged for a while . I am sure the Tory and Boris supporters can sympathise with what happened??

Dead right there:

Indeed, there is no excuse for what the EU tried to do last night and I think we can agree that revoking article 16 is a bad idea (something that Boris said he would have ‘no hesitation’ in doing, 2 weeks ago in parliament .

Again, this would be an appropriate time for remainers to make a rather fuller apology to the country than they’ve managed so far. "

What are they apologising for and who are they apologising to?

westerham

Dead right there:

Again, this would be an appropriate time for remainers to make a rather fuller apology to the country than they’ve managed so far.

What are they apologising for and who are they apologising to? "

For continuing to support the obvious corruption and waste of Brussels despite all the evidence.

Dead right there:

For continuing to support the obvious corruption and waste of Brussels despite all the evidence."

What evidence? Have you apologised for the obvious corruption and waste of the current government in Westminster?

liverpool

Dead right there:

Oh, yes it is . . .

When did I say they had?

Did I say the UK"

Who then..the company?

liverpool

Dead right there:

Oh, yes it is . . .

Read it for yourself:

Oh Okay then it's a non story - everybody back to bed. "

Of course it's a story

They have made a mistake and acknowledged it.

The tories do it every other day

liverpool

Have non eu countries and countries who have ordered more paid extra?

By *eanoCoolMan  over a year ago

wisbech

"Have non eu countries and countries who have ordered more paid extra?"

Yes they have in some cases but surely what matters more is that the most vulnerable and highest risk in there populations are being vaccinated, saving lives an putting less pressure on there health systems and the rest of the population. The EU getting the price down is part of the reason they are so far behind many other countries, personally I think peoples lives are more important than saving a pound, euro or a dollar on a dose.

"

For continuing to support the obvious corruption and waste of Brussels despite all the evidence.

What evidence? Have you apologised for the obvious corruption and waste of the current government in Westminster? "

This . . .

"The extent of corruption in Europe is "breathtaking" and it costs the EU economy at least 120bn euros (£99bn) annually, the European Commission says."

And it's their own Commission that are saying it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26014387

Too . . .

https://www.ft.com/content/78ba92ed-94ef-47ce-9157-658e068cd814

[Removed by poster at 30/01/21 14:41:21]

"

What evidence? Have you apologised for the obvious corruption and waste of the current government in Westminster?

This . . .

"The extent of corruption in Europe is "breathtaking" and it costs the EU economy at least 120bn euros (£99bn) annually, the European Commission says."

And it's their own Commission that are saying it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26014387

"

How does that compared to the corruption / cronyism that has been happening in the past twelve months on the U.K. with Boris and Dom’s mates cashing in contracts awarded without tendering?

milton keynes

Dead right there:

Oh, yes it is . . .

When did I say they had?

Did I say the UK

Who then..the company?"

They are getting the brunt of it. As I say the UK success is just highlighting their mistakes. They can't admit they messed up so have to shift the blame. Many reporters from all sides and around the world are saying the same thing I including from member States. The last thing the EU wants to see is an individual country out performing it especially one that's just left