FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Myanmar protests

Myanmar protests

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *bernath OP   Couple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

I cannot help but see the irony in Myanmar at the moment.

They want their democracy back, what about the rohyinga’s who lost their land and homes and “Saint Ang” supported the genocide?

Smacks of hyprocrisy.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Washington DC looks a lot like Myanmar

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

"I cannot help but see the irony in Myanmar at the moment.

They want their democracy back, what about the rohyinga’s who lost their land and homes and “Saint Ang” supported the genocide?

Smacks of hyprocrisy.

"

it's very easy to look at it like that but life is seldom black and white. I know a few Burmese people. Lovely people but ultra nationalist. It's important to remember there is no history of democracy there. AASK was not the beacon of democracy the world thought she was. In some ways Burma is a like a time capsule that was dug up.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"I cannot help but see the irony in Myanmar at the moment.

Smacks of hyprocrisy.

"

Very true she is a smiling racist assasin very sad they think that is democracy

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

I may be wrong here and I also admit when I saw the genocide I just thought fucking bitch!

Now reading a bit more even though she was elected she was playing the game as the army were still in control. They decided to start the genocide and yes she supported it publicly ( or lied to the public if you prefer) but was she in control?

The latest elections removed certain generals from some of the more powerful government offices and so they decided to nail her back in a box and not even pretend it’s a democracy.

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

"I may be wrong here and I also admit when I saw the genocide I just thought fucking bitch!

Now reading a bit more even though she was elected she was playing the game as the army were still in control. They decided to start the genocide and yes she supported it publicly ( or lied to the public if you prefer) but was she in control?

The latest elections removed certain generals from some of the more powerful government offices and so they decided to nail her back in a box and not even pretend it’s a democracy.

"

It's not black and white and she certainly deserves some criticism. The Burmese Army is a standalone entity. As part of the deal negotiated with the NLD, the army had 25% of parliament reserved for it and the Minstries of Defence, Home Office and Border Affairs. The military don't like her but she's a bit grey in that area. Her father is regarded as the father of the Burmese Army and has near saint like status.

I think she made a huge mistake thinking they could coexist. She really should have gave them immunity and told them to GTFO.

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

"I may be wrong here and I also admit when I saw the genocide I just thought fucking bitch!

It's not black and white and she certainly deserves some criticism. The Burmese Army is a standalone entity. As part of the deal negotiated with the NLD, the army had 25% of parliament reserved for it and the Minstries of Defence, Home Office and Border Affairs. The military don't like her but she's a bit grey in that area. Her father is regarded as the father of the Burmese Army and has near saint like status.

I think she made a huge mistake thinking they could coexist. She really should have gave them immunity and told them to GTFO. "

Good point well made .

By *bernath OP   Couple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Now there is a bloodbath in Myanmar for people who want democracy? What about the Rohyngas? Where was their civil rights when they were forcibly removed from their own homelands and these so called democrats did nothing at all, where were they?

» Add a new message to this topic