FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Portugal wants to join the Empire

Portugal wants to join the Empire

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uliaChris OP   Couple  over a year ago

westerham

As I predicted, the New British Empire is the favoured option for the disaffected members of the EU:

“The European Union should create “broad structures of partnership” with the United Kingdom on defence and security policy, Portuguese defence minister João Gomes Cravinho said on Friday (19 February).

Speaking at a high-level conference to discuss the future of EU security and defence, he stressed the need to “partner better and more strategically” by intensifying cooperation“

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *isandhers691127Couple  over a year ago

Bournemouth

Lobsters ?? all round

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 23/02/21 07:55:11]

[Removed by poster at 23/02/21 07:55:08]

"As I predicted, the New British Empire is the favoured option for the disaffected members of the EU:

“The European Union should create “broad structures of partnership” with the United Kingdom on defence and security policy, Portuguese defence minister João Gomes Cravinho said on Friday (19 February).

Speaking at a high-level conference to discuss the future of EU security and defence, he stressed the need to “partner better and more strategically” by intensifying cooperation“"

This is consistently good comedy Chris

Stories and fantasies section?

westerham

"As I predicted, the New British Empire is the favoured option for the disaffected members of the EU:

Speaking at a high-level conference to discuss the future of EU security and defence, he stressed the need to “partner better and more strategically” by intensifying cooperation“

This is consistently good comedy Chris "

Sounds like Portugal are pretty upset with the Brussels cabal to me.

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

the empire strikes back

"the empire strikes back "

Is Boris Johnson the Emperor Palatine or Darth Vader character?

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Reel them in.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Portugal has tbe EU Presidency at the moment, so they are really speaking for the EU.

westerham

I can see renewed French attempts at a European army here, how's their billion pound headquarters coming along, must check on that.

Nato is laughing frankly.

"Reel them in. "

Chris is very entertaining, once you realise he isn’t being serious it is comedy gold

westerham

Apparently EU discussions on closer cooperation between members haven't progressed since 2017, hence some wanting to come under our wing.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Reel them in.

Chris is very entertaining, once you realise he isn’t being serious it is comedy gold "

Rather alarming that certain people camt see it,and are quite partial to a spot of imperialism.

Rule Britannia

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

I want to form an Atlantic Alliance. Ireland are in, Iceland, Spain, Portugal, France, Holland, Norway. Associate members, all Scandic countries. Germany as they make great cars, Italy - obvious reasons, and Northern Italian women are the sexiest on earth.

Who else?

Don’t say America as I’m pissed off with the Septics just now.

westerham

"I want to form an Atlantic Alliance. Ireland are in, Iceland, Spain, Portugal, France, Holland, Norway. Associate members, all Scandic countries. Germany as they make great cars, Italy - obvious reasons, and Northern Italian women are the sexiest on earth.

Who else?

Don’t say America as I’m pissed off with the Septics just now."

I certainly don't see this sort of thing as an alliance, no, that's weak sauce.

These countries need leadership. They need a firm guiding hand to bring the best out of them.

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"the empire strikes back

Is Boris Johnson the Emperor Palatine or Darth Vader character?

"

Don't be silly - he's more powerful than both, he's Yoda.

As in 'Yoda Man'

Maldon

"I want to form an Atlantic Alliance. Ireland are in, Iceland, Spain, Portugal, France, Holland, Norway. Associate members, all Scandic countries. Germany as they make great cars, Italy - obvious reasons, and Northern Italian women are the sexiest on earth.

Who else?

These countries need leadership. They need a firm guiding hand to bring the best out of them. "

We’ll transfer Putin over, he has a firm hand indeed.

By *isandhers691127Couple  over a year ago

Bournemouth

Get the NZ prime minister over, she seemed to do a good job at not killing her citizens

Maldon

"Get the NZ prime minister over, she seemed to do a good job at not killing her citizens "

Great shout - but would she be interested? I think she has Welsh heritage, although at this point I’m not sure if Wales will be part of my plan. Or Scotland now I think of it

near ipswich

Who else?

These countries need leadership. They need a firm guiding hand to bring the best out of them.

We’ll transfer Putin over, he has a firm hand indeed. "

Yeah he will soon have Germany in his pocket too.

westerham

Look guys I don't think you're taking the Portuguese defence secretary seriously enough ITT.

Please be respectful to all European countries who want to change allegiance.

"Look guys I don't think you're taking the Portuguese defence secretary seriously enough ITT.

Please be respectful to all European countries who want to change allegiance. "

So you're suggesting that the European countries get together to work together for the common good?

Interesting idea.....

westerham

"Look guys I don't think you're taking the Portuguese defence secretary seriously enough ITT.

So you're suggesting that the European countries get together to work together for the common good?

Interesting idea.....

"

Let me just check what I wrote...

No, no I didnt say that.

Unless they are part of the Empire.

northeast

Please be respectful to all European countries who want to change allegiance. "

Interesting idea.....

No, no I didnt say that.

Unless they are part of the Empire. "

So would these other countries have a say in things, or would they be subjects?

westerham

Interesting idea.....

No, no I didnt say that.

Unless they are part of the Empire.

So would these other countries have a say in things, or would they be subjects?"

Of course they get a say, the New Empire is a democracy.

Having said that, when countries come to you from a position of weakness under Brussels, we would be foolish to give too much away. And they are looking to us for guidance anyway.

Maldon

Interesting idea.....

"

We could call it ‘ a common market’?

Speaking at a high-level conference to discuss the future of EU security and defence, he stressed the need to “partner better and more strategically” by intensifying cooperation“"

Where does it state that Portugal want to leave the EU and join the British Empire?

westerham

Where does it state that Portugal want to leave the EU and join the British Empire? "

Very important to understand the sub text in International Diplomacy. Its crystal clear what he is saying.

Where does it state that Portugal want to leave the EU and join the British Empire?

Very important to understand the sub text in International Diplomacy. Its crystal clear what he is saying. "

It isn’t, I think your getting a bit confused again Chris, it seems to be a recurring problem you have caused by an obsession with the EU. Are you finding it difficult to accept that the EU have moved on without the UK

westerham

Very important to understand the sub text in International Diplomacy. Its crystal clear what he is saying.

It isn’t, I think your getting a bit confused again Chris, it seems to be a recurring problem you have caused by an obsession with the EU. Are you finding it difficult to accept that the EU have moved on without the UK "

I'm sure you'll keep us all updated with what tremondous strides forward Brussels is making.

Strangely not one thread so far this year about anything that Brussels has achieved, but I'm sure it's coming

* sends Chris Maine lobsters *

It isn’t, I think your getting a bit confused again Chris, it seems to be a recurring problem you have caused by an obsession with the EU. Are you finding it difficult to accept that the EU have moved on without the UK

I'm sure you'll keep us all updated with what tremondous strides forward Brussels is making.

Strangely not one thread so far this year about anything that Brussels has achieved, but I'm sure it's coming "

I couldn’t care less what the EU are doing, why do you ? Looks like your suffering from separation anxiety, does the EU have to suffer for you to be happy?

It's a great idea and should be pursued.

It's a great idea and should be pursued."

It isn’t and it won’t

It isn’t and it won’t "

It would be foolhardy not to. Why wouldn't any close proximity country not want an agreement of protocols for mutual defence?

It isn’t and it won’t

It would be foolhardy not to. Why wouldn't any close proximity country not want an agreement of protocols for mutual defence?"

That isn’t what Chris is suggesting

But it's what the call by the Portuguese minister was suggesting.

"But it's what the call by the Portuguese minister was suggesting. "

And that is a good idea,

Hey they may even put us in charge - after all we are with major American Defence pacts.

"Hey they may even put us in charge - after all we are with major American Defence pacts."

Maybe they will put America in charge

"Hey they may even put us in charge - after all we are with major American Defence pacts.

Maybe they will put America in charge "

We've already got that role.

"Hey they may even put us in charge - after all we are with major American Defence pacts.

We've already got that role."

It is an ‘alliance’ why do we need someone ‘in charge’ ?

By *renzMan  over a year ago

Between Chichester and Havant

Portugal is one of, if not our oldest ally. So why not?

It is an ‘alliance’ why do we need someone ‘in charge’ ? "

Hhahahaa . . . Because that's the Nature of an Army - someone gives the Orders and someone carries them out -this isn't Handforth local Council on Zoom.

"Portugal is one of, if not our oldest ally. So why not? "

Do they have to join the British Empire?

Hhahahaa . . . Because that's the Nature of an Army - someone gives the Orders and someone carries them out -this isn't Handforth local Council on Zoom."

So let’s put Portugal in charge, after all, they have the EU connections

Leave us out of this sillyness.

"Leave us out of this sillyness. "

I agree, it is a European issue, nothing to do with the USA

Hhahahaa . . . Because that's the Nature of an Army - someone gives the Orders and someone carries them out -this isn't Handforth local Council on Zoom.

So let’s put Portugal in charge, after all, they have the EU connections "

If we're speaking about defence. It has to be a collaboration but Germany and UK are best placed to spearhead if you're gonna choose a country

"Leave us out of this sillyness.

I agree, it is a European issue, nothing to do with the USA "

Exactly we will eat our own lobsters.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

do Portugal even have an army lol

So let’s put Portugal in charge, after all, they have the EU connections

If we're speaking about defence. It has to be a collaboration but Germany and UK are best placed to spearhead if you're gonna choose a country"

A collaboration or alliance sounds a better option then it being led by the ‘British empire’ (whatever that is )

So let’s put Portugal in charge, after all, they have the EU connections do Portugal even have an army lol"

Probably not much smaller than Britain’s

thornaby

So let’s put Portugal in charge, after all, they have the EU connections do Portugal even have an army lol

Probably not much smaller than Britain’s "

is it iv never heard of a Portuguese army in any conflicts tbh can’t imagine them been as well trained as the British army tho

So let’s put Portugal in charge, after all, they have the EU connections do Portugal even have an army lol

Probably not much smaller than Britain’s "

About a quarter of the size

Probably not much smaller than Britain’s is it iv never heard of a Portuguese army in any conflicts tbh can’t imagine them been as well trained as the British army tho "

True, they used to have an empire though, so that will impress Chris

About a quarter of the size"

Fair enough, they do have 1/10 of the UKs population

About a quarter of the size

Fair enough, they do have 1/10 of the UKs population"

1/6 th

thornaby

Probably not much smaller than Britain’s is it iv never heard of a Portuguese army in any conflicts tbh can’t imagine them been as well trained as the British army tho

True, they used to have an empire though, so that will impress Chris "

and I bet there empire was perfect they will have nothing to be ashamed iff lol

Probably not much smaller than Britain’s is it iv never heard of a Portuguese army in any conflicts tbh can’t imagine them been as well trained as the British army tho

True, they used to have an empire though, so that will impress Chris and I bet there empire was perfect they will have nothing to be ashamed iff lol"

There were lots of atrocities committed by Portugal during their colonial wars in Africa.

thornaby

True, they used to have an empire though, so that will impress Chris and I bet there empire was perfect they will have nothing to be ashamed iff lol

There were lots of atrocities committed by Portugal during their colonial wars in Africa."

well I’m sure that’s all the Portuguese people talk about then seems to be the fashion these days

By *renzMan  over a year ago

Between Chichester and Havant

"Portugal is one of, if not our oldest ally. So why not?

Do they have to join the British Empire? "

They could be invited to join the commonwealth or a commonwealth.

westerham

Look if other countries want to turn to us to lead them who are we to say no

#

But weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee -have the experience.

"Look if other countries want to turn to us to lead them who are we to say no "

They don’t and they won’t

And we lead the NATO Rapid Reaction Force.

So we got Point too.

"And we lead the NATO Rapid Reaction Force.

So we got Point too."

Yeah, it’s impressive stuff, but unfortunately they can’t join the British Empire because it doesn’t exist

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

"Look if other countries want to turn to us to lead them who are we to say no "

Judging by the European’s view on Boris and his leadership style I’ll leave that sell to you Chris . Just keep saying it’s the new Empire and I’m sure they will quickly stand in line!

Manchester

So we got Point too."

But everyone seems to want a smaller U.K. army so that won’t work for long will it??

Are we providing the food trucks? We’ve got lots of shellfish to give away. Hang on they will have to train in the U.K. to eat that do that won’t work either.

Bloody logistics is a bugger!

So we got Point too.

Yeah, it’s impressive stuff, but unfortunately they can’t join the British Empire because it doesn’t exist "

I never said we had a British Empire however.

So we got Point too.

But everyone seems to want a smaller U.K. army so that won’t work for long will it??

Are we providing the food trucks? We’ve got lots of shellfish to give away. Hang on they will have to train in the U.K. to eat that do that won’t work either.

Bloody logistics is a bugger! "

Actually the US Military think very highly of our role as Rapid Reaction Force Leaders, and they say a lot about how we do that.

thornaby

So we got Point too.

Bloody logistics is a bugger! "

who wants a smaller army ?do you ?

So we got Point too.

Yeah, it’s impressive stuff, but unfortunately they can’t join the British Empire because it doesn’t exist

I never said we had a British Empire however. "

Read the title of the OP

westerham

So we got Point too.

Read the title of the OP "

Portugal clearly long for it

So we got Point too.

Read the title of the OP

Portugal clearly long for it "

They don’t, sorry Chris but Portugal can’t and won’t join something that doesn’t exist , and anyway, they are already part of the EU Empire

True, they used to have an empire though, so that will impress Chris and I bet there empire was perfect they will have nothing to be ashamed iff lol

There were lots of atrocities committed by Portugal during their colonial wars in Africa.well I’m sure that’s all the Portuguese people talk about then seems to be the fashion these days "

If you say so.

I was in Portugal once. Nice place.

True, they used to have an empire though, so that will impress Chris and I bet there empire was perfect they will have nothing to be ashamed iff lol"

Who said it was perfect ?

westerham

Who said it was perfect ? "

It was 500 years ago but let's judge them anyway lol

Manchester

So we got Point too.

Bloody logistics is a bugger!

Actually the US Military think very highly of our role as Rapid Reaction Force Leaders, and they say a lot about how we do that. "

I agree it’s others who want cuts.

Manchester

So we got Point too.

Bloody logistics is a bugger! who wants a smaller army ?do you ?"

Nope not at all. I’m all for an army that can bite.

So we got Point too.

Read the title of the OP

They don’t, sorry Chris but Portugal can’t and won’t join something that doesn’t exist , and anyway, they are already part of the EU Empire "

Funny they are asking for it though. Huh?

Go on answer with 'it will never happen'.

So we got Point too.

Read the title of the OP

They don’t, sorry Chris but Portugal can’t and won’t join something that doesn’t exist , and anyway, they are already part of the EU Empire

"

So Portugal are asking to join the British Empire.

Is there any evidence? Because so far, it would appear to be an inaccurate statement.

So we got Point too.

Read the title of the OP

Is there any evidence? Because so far, it would appear to be an inaccurate statement. "

Except for the video of him asking for it at the meeting lmao.

So we got Point too.

Read the title of the OP

Is there any evidence? Because so far, it would appear to be an inaccurate statement.

Except for the video of him asking for it at the meeting lmao."

He asked to join the British empire? Wowzers.

So we got Point too.

Read the title of the OP

He asked to join the British empire? Wowzers."

Also interesting to see that the defence minister of Portugal represents the whole country of Portugal.

So we got Point too.

Read the title of the OP

He asked to join the British empire? Wowzers."

my bad thought you were refering to another part of the Q

So we got Point too.

Read the title of the OP

Also interesting to see that the defence minister of Portugal represents the whole country of Portugal."

But he does represent the Defence of Portugal.

So we got Point too.

Read the title of the OP

my bad thought you were refering to another part of the Q "

Cool. I'm not disputing the legitimate need to work together with European countries.

Just questioning the claim that Portugal want to become subjects to a British empire.

Who said it was perfect ?

It was 500 years ago but let's judge them anyway lol"

Why?

PUKE Portugal UK Empire.

thornaby

"PUKE Portugal UK Empire. "
pmslll the squad are going to love that PUKE

By *L RogueMan  over a year ago

London

"Leave us out of this sillyness. "

Don't blame you. Getting more bizarre by the minute!

By *ild_oatsMan  over a year ago

the land of saints & sinners

I don’t really understand this obsession with ‘Empire’ it’s hardly progressive politics.

Empire by its nature implies authoritarian regimes with subjection of others by conquest whether that be by force or coercive cultural or economic assimilation and dominance and superiority by an elite

You are not really suggesting that we go back to the days of overlordship of others along with unequal relationships and by that fuel the intolerance and racist supremacy overtones that come with that.

History actually teaches that whilst Empires my rise they also decline and collapse.

As empires are normally ruled over by a distinct group of people or a ruling family.

Should your fantasy ever come true despite your best intentions you could always find yourself on the wrong side of a society division in an empire.

Be careful what wish for......

"I don’t really understand this obsession with ‘Empire’ it’s hardly progressive politics.

Empire by its nature implies authoritarian regimes with subjection of others by conquest whether that be by force or coercive cultural or economic assimilation and dominance and superiority by an elite

You are not really suggesting that we go back to the days of overlordship of others along with unequal relationships and by that fuel the intolerance and racist supremacy overtones that come with that.

History actually teaches that whilst Empires my rise they also decline and collapse.

As empires are normally ruled over by a distinct group of people or a ruling family.

Should your fantasy ever come true despite your best intentions you could always find yourself on the wrong side of a society division in an empire.

"

British empire is a Fallacy no worries. Stay safe and live the dream everyone there wants.

By *L RogueMan  over a year ago

London

"I don’t really understand this obsession with ‘Empire’ it’s hardly progressive politics.

"

The funny thing is we've talked about Empire on another thread. The summary was the perspective those wearing the boot and those under it.

By *ioloCouple  over a year ago

Basingstoke

Even though the OP just wanted to have fun, We must remember that England never controlled European countries. It was a big empire but over just some of the weakest countries at the time.

northeast

"Portugal is one of, if not our oldest ally. So why not?

Do they have to join the British Empire?

They could be invited to join the commonwealth or a commonwealth. "

By *leyxxxMan  over a year ago

Southampton/London/Bristol

Dreams of nationalists are always so childish, that its funny.

westerham

"Even though the OP just wanted to have fun, We must remember that England never controlled European countries. It was a big empire but over just some of the weakest countries at the time."

That's not the case, once we'd thrashed Napolean, the Kaiser and blown the Spanish fleet from the water we went to where the resources were, including taking over the Empires of aforementioned countries.

By *or Fox SakeCouple  over a year ago

Thornaby

"Even though the OP just wanted to have fun, We must remember that England never controlled European countries. It was a big empire but over just some of the weakest countries at the time.

That's not the case, once we'd thrashed Napolean, the Kaiser and blown the Spanish fleet from the water we went to where the resources were, including taking over the Empires of aforementioned countries. "

We didn't thrash Napoleon. An alliance beat him.

We didn't thrash the Kaiser. An alliance beat him.

The Spanish fleet was beaten by the weather.

westerham

"Even though the OP just wanted to have fun, We must remember that England never controlled European countries. It was a big empire but over just some of the weakest countries at the time.

That's not the case, once we'd thrashed Napolean, the Kaiser and blown the Spanish fleet from the water we went to where the resources were, including taking over the Empires of aforementioned countries.

The Spanish fleet was beaten by the weather."

Come on, Waterloo day 18 June, lockdown finishing, come and celebrate with us Patriots, be a riot

near ipswich

Come on, Waterloo day 18 June, lockdown finishing, come and celebrate with us Patriots, be a riot "

I think they should move st George's day for just this year to 21st june.

Thornaby

Come on, Waterloo day 18 June, lockdown finishing, come and celebrate with us Patriots, be a riot "

Patriotism means not telling lies about your country. Jingoism does.

westerham

Come on, Waterloo day 18 June, lockdown finishing, come and celebrate with us Patriots, be a riot

Patriotism means not telling lies about your country. Jingoism does."

I've just checked - Waterloo was definitely 18 June

Thornaby

Patriotism means not telling lies about your country. Jingoism does.

I've just checked - Waterloo was definitely 18 June "

Just checked, it was won by a pan European alliance

westerham

Come on, Waterloo day 18 June, lockdown finishing, come and celebrate with us Patriots, be a riot I think they should move st George's day for just this year to 21st june. "

I agree hopefully all right thinking people will celebrate it

thornaby

The Spanish fleet was beaten by the weather."

is there anything you think the U.K. did that was good or do you just like rubbishing your own country ?

Thornaby

The Spanish fleet was beaten by the weather.is there anything you think the U.K. did that was good or do you just like rubbishing your own country ?"

I think that honesty is the best policy, going down the "my country right or wrong" line usually doesn't end well

thornaby

The Spanish fleet was beaten by the weather.is there anything you think the U.K. did that was good or do you just like rubbishing your own country ?

I think that honesty is the best policy, going down the "my country right or wrong" line usually doesn't end well"

but all you ever say is negative things or don’t you realise that you have an amazing charity in your home town for ex service men and women you should pop in tell them your thoughts about there achievements I’m sure you will go down a storm

By *leyxxxMan  over a year ago

Southampton/London/Bristol

Earlier this month came the news that Amsterdam had overtaken London as Europe's biggest share trading centre, as daily volumes fell sharply in the City and surged in the Dutch capital.

So much for the New Empire.

Thornaby

The Spanish fleet was beaten by the weather.is there anything you think the U.K. did that was good or do you just like rubbishing your own country ?

I think that honesty is the best policy, going down the "my country right or wrong" line usually doesn't end wellbut all you ever say is negative things or don’t you realise that you have an amazing charity in your home town for ex service men and women you should pop in tell them your thoughts about there achievements I’m sure you will go down a storm "

I'm fully aware of thr charity work that goes on, for servicemen and others.

I make a point of trying to get to the memorial up on the old airfield on rememberance day, with my son. But that doesn't detract from the idea of being truthful about our history.

We have achieved some amazing stuff, but the causualty list on all sides, horrendous.

westerham

"Earlier this month came the news that Amsterdam had overtaken London as Europe's biggest share trading centre, as daily volumes fell sharply in the City and surged in the Dutch capital.

So much for the New Empire. "

Completely debunked on this forum 3 weeks ago

I think that honesty is the best policy, going down the "my country right or wrong" line usually doesn't end wellbut all you ever say is negative things or don’t you realise that you have an amazing charity in your home town for ex service men and women you should pop in tell them your thoughts about there achievements I’m sure you will go down a storm "

Whenever people discuss history you tell them they're saying negative things.

You're the only person who says that history is negative.

It's just history, it happened.

near ipswich

I think that honesty is the best policy, going down the "my country right or wrong" line usually doesn't end wellbut all you ever say is negative things or don’t you realise that you have an amazing charity in your home town for ex service men and women you should pop in tell them your thoughts about there achievements I’m sure you will go down a storm

I make a point of trying to get to the memorial up on the old airfield on rememberance day, with my son. But that doesn't detract from the idea of being truthful about our history.

We have achieved some amazing stuff, but the causualty list on all sides, horrendous."

When was the last time Britain started a war for its own gains? im not talking of declaring war to protect others.

westerham

I think that honesty is the best policy, going down the "my country right or wrong" line usually doesn't end wellbut all you ever say is negative things or don’t you realise that you have an amazing charity in your home town for ex service men and women you should pop in tell them your thoughts about there achievements I’m sure you will go down a storm

It's just history, it happened. "

Uh? You're utterly negative track record on literally every subject diminishes your credibility with me tbh.

Thornaby

We have achieved some amazing stuff, but the causualty list on all sides, horrendous.When was the last time Britain started a war for its own gains? im not talking of declaring war to protect others. "

Sudan 1891

Boer War 1889

Arguably the Suez canal 1956

In a similar light Malaya and Kenya - 40's/50's

But we more often than not are part of alliances, and have been since about 1600

liverpool

We only go to war to protect others

The people of iraq and Afghanistan are perpetually grateful.

liverpool

We have achieved some amazing stuff, but the causualty list on all sides, horrendous.When was the last time Britain started a war for its own gains? im not talking of declaring war to protect others.

Sudan 1891

Boer War 1889

But we more often than not are part of alliances, and have been since about 1600"

Ww1

Thornaby

We have achieved some amazing stuff, but the causualty list on all sides, horrendous.When was the last time Britain started a war for its own gains? im not talking of declaring war to protect others.

Sudan 1891

Boer War 1889

But we more often than not are part of alliances, and have been since about 1600

Ww1"

you could argue that we fought ww1 tp protect the Serbs et al then the Belgians, you could also argue that it was a family squabble that got really out of hand

liverpool

Sudan 1891

Boer War 1889

Ww1

you could argue that we fought ww1 tp protect the Serbs et al then the Belgians, you could also argue that it was a family squabble that got really out of hand "

We fought ww1 to protect our empire as Germany was getting too uppity.

The Serbian assassination wa simply the fuse

[Removed by poster at 24/02/21 11:20:22]

Thornaby

Sudan 1891

Boer War 1889

Ww1

you could argue that we fought ww1 tp protect the Serbs et al then the Belgians, you could also argue that it was a family squabble that got really out of hand

The Serbian assassination wa simply the fuse"

get what you are saying, the official reason was that Germany invaded Belgium.

liverpool

Sudan 1891

Boer War 1889

Ww1

The Serbian assassination wa simply the fuse

get what you are saying, the official reason was that Germany invaded Belgium."

There were a load of factors.

I'd struggle to name 1 conflict we fought in to protect ',others'

Ww2 at a push but that was also to protect our own sovereignty.

Sudan 1891

Boer War 1889

But we more often than not are part of alliances, and have been since about 1600"

As 'Declarations' of War every single one of those is wrong.

"

Ww2 at a push but that was also to protect our own sovereignty."

Oh Dear. You'd best get reading then.

liverpool

"

Ww2 at a push but that was also to protect our own sovereignty.

Oh Dear. You'd best get reading then."

Enlighten me

Thornaby

Sudan 1891

Boer War 1889

As 'Declarations' of War every single one of those is wrong."

they were all wars, and all in self interest, thats the important bit

Might I just say that you can't just go inventing a History that doesn't exist just because you want it to fit into an argument. If you are going to have a discourse of fact - the facts actually have to be Facts.

If I or any of my fellow students in High had begun a discourse that included a supposed or invented History, I would have rapidly been hit by a Board Duster flying at 30 meters per second that was launched in my direction by my History Master.

liverpool

"Might I just say that you can't just go inventing a History that doesn't exist just because you want it to fit into an argument. If you are going to have a discourse of fact - the facts actually have to be Facts.

If I or any of my fellow students in High had begun a discourse that included a supposed or invented History, I would have rapidly been hit by a Board Duster flying at 30 meters per second that was launched in my direction by my History Master.

"

No one is inventing history

I'm curious to know what wars we got ourselves involved in with the sole purpose of 'protecting' another country.

liverpool

And are you saying there is just 1 interpretation on history?

It's right or its wrong?

"And are you saying there is just 1 interpretation on history?

It's right or its wrong?"

To say that we declared war on another country is either a fact or it isn't.

"Did you go to the shops today Lionel?"

"No. I didn't".

I'll interpret that as you did then.

liverpool

But there are numerous facts or reasons behind that.

It's very rarely a country will declare war on another for no reason.

Wars are very rarely started for 1 reason alone

liverpool

""Did you go to the shops today Lionel?"

"No. I didn't".

I'll interpret that as you did then. "

Right so the causes of ww1 for example are equivalent to asking if someone went to the shop?

Maybe someone should have told those hundreds of historians who spent decades analysing the various factors?

"No. I didn't".

Right so the causes of ww1 for example are equivalent to asking if someone went to the shop?

Maybe someone should have told those hundreds of historians who spent decades analysing the various factors?"

Or you could quit with the deferring and understand the metaphor. You know exactly what I mean.

liverpool

"No. I didn't".

Maybe someone should have told those hundreds of historians who spent decades analysing the various factors?

Or you could quit with the deferring and understand the metaphor. You know exactly what I mean. "

I dont.

History is complex and very rarely boiled down to 1 'fact'

[Removed by poster at 24/02/21 11:47:30]

"No. I didn't".

Or you could quit with the deferring and understand the metaphor. You know exactly what I mean.

I dont.

History is complex and very rarely boiled down to 1 'fact'"

Yes you do.

Read back. I also said F-A-C-T-S there is an 'S' modifier at the end of the word turning the word FACT into a Plural.

Thornaby

"Might I just say that you can't just go inventing a History that doesn't exist just because you want it to fit into an argument. If you are going to have a discourse of fact - the facts actually have to be Facts.

"

"inventing" WTF???

Oh look, there are Panzers on the tennis court

No has declared war, you are inventing it????

liverpool

"No. I didn't".

I dont.

Yes you do.

Read back. I also said F-A-C-T-S there is an 'S' modifier at the end of the word turning the word FACT into a Plural.

"

Ok..what were all these altruistic wars we fought?

"

"inventing" WTF???

Oh look, there are Panzers on the tennis court

No has declared war, you are inventing it????"

Oh Dear. Go back to your own answer and catch up.

"No. I didn't".

I dont.

Yes you do.

Ok..what were all these altruistic wars we fought?"

But I haven't been arguing altruistic wars have I? Go ask those who did.

It's just history, it happened.

Uh? You're utterly negative track record on literally every subject diminishes your credibility with me tbh. "

I wasn't responding to you. This has nothing to do with the conversation.

However I'm taking diminished credibility in your eyes as a compliment. So thank you.

westerham

"We only go to war to protect others

"

I've no idea why protecting ourselves and our own interests is suddenly a negative thing.

But if you want altruism, defending Kuwait in 1990 was pretty significant. As was the actions of the West Africa Squadron from 1830 to 1870, costing billions in today's money for no direct benefit to Britain.

near ipswich

I've no idea why protecting ourselves and our own interests is suddenly a negative thing.

But if you want altruism, defending Kuwait in 1990 was pretty significant. As was the actions of the West Africa Squadron from 1830 to 1870, costing billions in today's money for no direct benefit to Britain. "

Sometimes just doing the right thing is what matters.

liverpool

But if you want altruism, defending Kuwait in 1990 was pretty significant. As was the actions of the West Africa Squadron from 1830 to 1870, costing billions in today's money for no direct benefit to Britain. "

Who did we fight against in Kuwait?

westerham

But if you want altruism, defending Kuwait in 1990 was pretty significant. As was the actions of the West Africa Squadron from 1830 to 1870, costing billions in today's money for no direct benefit to Britain.

Who did we fight against in Kuwait?"

I can tell there is something behind that question, but I will play along...

Iraq

"

Who did we fight against in Kuwait?"

Google is your friend. Janes Defence and perhaps The IWM Archives. To name just a few.

Stop asking others and go look for yourself. Education is such that when you involve yourself in the process of learning it sticks in your head as recallable information.

liverpool

Iraq "

This the sane iraq we sold arms to in the iran Iraq conflict a few years previously?

The same iraq who gassed the Kurds in Falluja,using chemicals bought from us in 1988 and 89?

near ipswich

and we are off on the merry go round again whooooooooooo

liverpool

Selling arms to a man who gasses his own people=doing type right thing

I genuinly think we must be the most deluded nation on the planet.

liverpool

"

Google is your friend. Janes Defence and perhaps The IWM Archives. To name just a few.

Stop asking others and go look for yourself. Education is such that when you involve yourself in the process of learning it sticks in your head as recallable information.

"

Thought you said we didn't fight any altruistic wars?

"Selling arms to a man who gasses his own people=doing type right thing

I genuinly think we must be the most deluded nation on the planet."

Gotta hate everything we do I guess. I really wonder why you would want to still live in the UK. I can't find anything in everything that you have every written that didn't begin and end with this country is shit.

"

Thought you said we didn't fight any altruistic wars?"

No. You said that. I said that I didn't say that.

westerham

Iraq

This the sane iraq we sold arms to in the iran Iraq conflict a few years previously?

The same iraq who gassed the Kurds in Falluja,using chemicals bought from us in 1988 and 89?"

That's plainly wrong, from Wiki on Falluja:

"The know-how and material for developing chemical weapons were obtained by Saddam's regime from foreign sources.[33] Most precursors for chemical weapons production came from Singapore (4,515 tons), the Netherlands (4,261 tons), Egypt (2,400 tons), India (2,343 tons), and West Germany (1,027 tons)."

Brussels was up to its neck in it then, but not us.

thornaby

It's just history, it happened. "

ffs mate you are one of a few on here who never sat a positive word day in day out for years now read your own posts for god sale I always try to say positive things about the U.K. when the fuck do you howay bud enlighten me prove me wrong when ????

liverpool

Gotta hate everything we do I guess. I really wonder why you would want to still live in the UK. I can't find anything in everything that you have every written that didn't begin and end with this country is shit."

No

The point was made that we only fight altruistic wars.

Which we all know is bullshit(though strangely you let that slide)

Kuwait was given as an example.

The fact that we sold arms to Saddam previously suggests we can hardly claim the moral high ground.

Its nothing to do with "hating'your country.

Its pointing out uncomfortable facts which most onhere are blind too.

Though apparently pointing out actual facts you shouldnt live here.

Nice.

It's just history, it happened. ffs mate you are one of a few on here who never sat a positive word day in day out for years now read your own posts for god sale I always try to say positive things about the U.K. when the fuck do you howay bud enlighten me prove me wrong when ????"

It's in his nature, unfortunately.

Every time I look in this forum, he's spouting his bile, every single day.

I wonder if he actually WORKS for a living, he seems so ubiquitous........

"

The point was made that we only fight altruistic wars."

For the last time - ***That point wasn't made by me***

So STOP saying it WAS !!!

thornaby

Gotta hate everything we do I guess. I really wonder why you would want to still live in the UK. I can't find anything in everything that you have every written that didn't begin and end with this country is shit."

he’s not alone there’s a few on here who talk the U.K. down every day I wonder why aswell

It's just history, it happened. ffs mate you are one of a few on here who never sat a positive word day in day out for years now read your own posts for god sale I always try to say positive things about the U.K. when the fuck do you howay bud enlighten me prove me wrong when ????"

What's that got to do with history?

You're saying that anyone who talks about history is saying negative things.

Now you're saying I only say negative things. Which is fine, I don't really care if you think I'm a prick. But that's nothing to do with the point.

liverpool

Iraq

The same iraq who gassed the Kurds in Falluja,using chemicals bought from us in 1988 and 89?

"The know-how and material for developing chemical weapons were obtained by Saddam's regime from foreign sources.[33] Most precursors for chemical weapons production came from Singapore (4,515 tons), the Netherlands (4,261 tons), Egypt (2,400 tons), India (2,343 tons), and West Germany (1,027 tons)."

Brussels was up to its neck in it then, but not us. "

I'd suggest you Google a company called udhe which was a uk subsidiary of a German firm.

The gmnt paid the company 300k after production was stopped

They also bought goods from bmarc

liverpool

It's just history, it happened. ffs mate you are one of a few on here who never sat a positive word day in day out for years now read your own posts for god sale I always try to say positive things about the U.K. when the fuck do you howay bud enlighten me prove me wrong when ????

Now you're saying I only say negative things. Which is fine, I don't really care if you think I'm a prick. But that's nothing to do with the point. "

Apparently if you point out history now,you shouldn't live here

liverpool

It's just history, it happened. ffs mate you are one of a few on here who never sat a positive word day in day out for years now read your own posts for god sale I always try to say positive things about the U.K. when the fuck do you howay bud enlighten me prove me wrong when ????

It's in his nature, unfortunately.

Every time I look in this forum, he's spouting his bile, every single day.

I wonder if he actually WORKS for a living, he seems so ubiquitous........"

I've told you

Go and stalk someone else

You arent my type

liverpool

Gotta hate everything we do I guess. I really wonder why you would want to still live in the UK. I can't find anything in everything that you have every written that didn't begin and end with this country is shit.he’s not alone there’s a few on here who talk the U.K. down every day I wonder why aswell "

Perhaps go and study history.

liverpool

"

"

So despite the fact that you dont agree with them

You jump on me for disagreeing with them.

Logical.

Now you're saying I only say negative things. Which is fine, I don't really care if you think I'm a prick. But that's nothing to do with the point.

Apparently if you point out history now,you shouldn't live here"

This section of the forum is getting more and more ridiculous.

westerham

Iraq

I'd suggest you Google a company called udhe which was a uk subsidiary of a German firm.

They also bought goods from bmarc"

So Germany then, like I said.

Terrible the sort of thing Brussels turns a blind eye to.

liverpool

Its ridiculous

Point out actual facts and you hate your country and shouldnt live here.

They cant even argue back.

near ipswich

This section of the forum is getting more and more ridiculous."

yeah it has for over a year now mate some dont want discussions just to take you all round the houses because they are sitting at home too much and need someone to talk to even if it is just asking stupid irrelivent questions.

liverpool

Iraq

Terrible the sort of thing Brussels turns a blind eye to. "

Why do I sense you are twisting the argument Christopher?

Very ,very few wars are fought for altruistic reasons.

99% They are for self interests.

And that applies to every country.

By *ax777Man  over a year ago

Not here

This section of the forum is getting more and more ridiculous."

Because there are certain posters who either are unable to read and understand what others have written or more probably as another member wrote in the virus section “ he isn’t misunderstanding at all - he is purposefully extending your comment to come to a conclusion that suits his agenda’

liverpool

A question about iran and the uk..on a topic about a conflict involving iran and the uk.,is now stupid and irrelevant.

Another gem.

"

So despite the fact that you dont agree with them

You jump on me for disagreeing with them.

Logical."

I also didn't say I agreed with them - or disagreed with them either - STOP INVENTING.

I didn't say either of those things!

This is part of the problem in the way you discuss. Someone doesn't say something so you just say they do. Do you not see the problem with that?

westerham

Iraq

Terrible the sort of thing Brussels turns a blind eye to.

Why do I sense you are twisting the argument Christopher?

Very ,very few wars are fought for altruistic reasons.

99% They are for self interests.

And that applies to every country."

As per Catevolution, I also never said they were, although the Empires track record is as good as any in that respect.