FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Now Germany wants to join us

Now Germany wants to join us

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uliaChris OP   Couple  over a year ago

westerham

First Portugal, now Germany. I reckon one more country falls and we'd be in charge of a Euro block that finishes Brussels for good

"We envy Britain! Germany's biggest newspaper Bild praises UK's incredible vaccine success and contrasts Boris Johnson's optimistic lockdown exit plans with Merkel's doom and gloom"

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"First Portugal, now Germany. I reckon one more country falls and we'd be in charge of a Euro block that finishes Brussels for good

"We envy Britain! Germany's biggest newspaper Bild praises UK's incredible vaccine success and contrasts Boris Johnson's optimistic lockdown exit plans with Merkel's doom and gloom" "

On a roll today

By *leyxxxMan  over a year ago

Southampton/London/Bristol

"First Portugal, now Germany. I reckon one more country falls and we'd be in charge of a Euro block that finishes Brussels for good

"We envy Britain! Germany's biggest newspaper Bild praises UK's incredible vaccine success and contrasts Boris Johnson's optimistic lockdown exit plans with Merkel's doom and gloom"

On a roll today "

Yea, Germany wants to be part of this Non existent Empire now. ??

Do they have to demolish their economy first, so they not bigger than UK?

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

On a roll every day - shame some can't se it.

westerham

On a roll today

Yea, Germany wants to be part of this Non existent Empire now. ??

Do they have to demolish their economy first, so they not bigger than UK? "

Brussels Covid "strategy" is achieving that, do keep up

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"We envy Britain! Germany's biggest newspaper Bild praises UK's incredible vaccine success and contrasts Boris Johnson's optimistic lockdown exit plans with Merkel's doom and gloom" "

Merkel has give up now and taking it easy until she finishes in September.its a shame she will probably be remembered for the total fuck up of the eu vaccine rollout and false messages put out about the oxford vaccine, which the Germans are refusing to have in large numbers now even though they are trying to reverse the message.

" and false messages put out about the oxford vaccine, which the Germans are refusing to have in large numbers now even though they are trying to reverse the message."

This will have long-borne implications on the trust German Citizens will have on the uptake of the Vaccine. It's very very sad that Brinksmanship was used at all by a Statesman of her calibre.

liverpool

As an outsider you cant help but admire Merkel

What's this now..her 3rd term?

Resolute,competent,she has oversaw the economic powerhouse in europe and the way she stood upto trump was more than impressive.

She will rightly go down as one of the modern era great politicians.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"As an outsider you cant help but admire Merkel

Resolute,competent,she has oversaw the economic powerhouse in europe and the way she stood upto trump was more than impressive.

"

didn’t Blair have 3 terms lol

liverpool

didn’t Blair have 3 terms lol"

He did foxy

near ipswich

" and false messages put out about the oxford vaccine, which the Germans are refusing to have in large numbers now even though they are trying to reverse the message.

This will have long-borne implications on the trust German Citizens will have on the uptake of the Vaccine. It's very very sad that Brinksmanship was used at all by a Statesman of her calibre."

To be fair it was macron who started it acting like a spoilt kid then her and the EMA backed him only to be made looking pretty foolish with the latest data.

thornaby

He did foxy"

isn’t he remembered more for his failings isn’t that how all politians are remembered ?

Like ALL politicians she has done some things very well and some things very badly.

She has as many of her own controversies as any other.

If she were the Head of a Third Party in this country she would probably be a major and credible force to deal with.

liverpool

He did foxyisn’t he remembered more for his failings isn’t that how all politians are remembered ?"

It depends who by

He was one of the most successful labour PMS ever but isnt particularly fondly remembered.

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

"We envy Britain! Germany's biggest newspaper Bild praises UK's incredible vaccine success and contrasts Boris Johnson's optimistic lockdown exit plans with Merkel's doom and gloom" Merkel has give up now and taking it easy until she finishes in September.its a shame she will probably be remembered for the total fuck up of the eu vaccine rollout and false messages put out about the oxford vaccine, which the Germans are refusing to have in large numbers now even though they are trying to reverse the message."

liverpool

To do what she has done on a still largely male dominated environment is more than impressive.

Hopefully she will have inspired a new generation of women politicians.

near ipswich

He did foxyisn’t he remembered more for his failings isn’t that how all politians are remembered ?"

Exactly why i said i feel sorry for Merkel

thornaby

He did foxyisn’t he remembered more for his failings isn’t that how all politians are remembered ?

It depends who by

He was one of the most successful labour PMS ever but isnt particularly fondly remembered. "

how do you remember him considering your feeling on the itaq war ?

liverpool

He did foxyisn’t he remembered more for his failings isn’t that how all politians are remembered ?

It depends who by

He was one of the most successful labour PMS ever but isnt particularly fondly remembered. how do you remember him considering your feeling on the itaq war ?"

He has a lot to answer for over Iraq and he dragged labour over from the left.

Even so any labour leader would be preferable to the alternative.

westerham

The topic is Germany turning to us, as Portugal, in their hour of need.

Let's treat this topic with the seriousness it deserves

By *isandhers691127Couple  over a year ago

Bournemouth

Lobsters

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Obsessed

"

Obsessed "

Did I just read this . ? . never mind.

"

Obsessed

Did I just read this . ? . never mind."

Yes you did, are we taking lobster Chris’s threads seriously now, I thought they were a wind up

We will need to talk to Germany on a few employment points however as apparently they have one of the highest pay gaps in Europe.

On Average 20% difference in female to male Salaries.

"We will need to talk to Germany on a few employment points however as apparently they have one of the highest pay gaps in Europe.

"

I doubt Germany care what we think about their employment points, surely we don’t care what they think

Well actually we do. Actually they do.

Workers will too because they are also considering publishing employee pay gap to assist in getting employers to lift the bar. Something we have been doing for about 4 years. Germany are looking at our Model of Publication (as are the other 26 through the EU Commission)

westerham

"We will need to talk to Germany on a few employment points however as apparently they have one of the highest pay gaps in Europe.

I doubt Germany care what we think about their employment points, surely we don’t care what they think"

We care because they are turning to us for guidance

I doubt Germany care what we think about their employment points, surely we don’t care what they think

We care because they are turning to us for guidance "

And we are HAPPY to give it.

We care because they are turning to us for guidance "

Are they Chris? I hate to be sceptical but your credibility is low on here, you have previous for making things up .

thornaby

Are they Chris? I hate to be sceptical but your credibility is low on here, you have previous for making things up . "

pmsl you hate to be sceptical howling here

westerham

Are they Chris? I hate to be sceptical but your credibility is low on here, you have previous for making things up . "

Tell you what, you lot start a thread about what macroeconomic indicators would constitute good news and we shall advise you as and when they are hit

Are they Chris? I hate to be sceptical but your credibility is low on here, you have previous for making things up . pmsl you hate to be sceptical howling here "

There are 2 type of people , sceptics and idiots

Are they Chris? I hate to be sceptical but your credibility is low on here, you have previous for making things up .

Tell you what, you lot start a thread about what macroeconomic indicators would constitute good news and we shall advise you as and when they are hit "

No need, it isn’t necessary, if your are using the strength of the pound to the euro to indicate success or failure why did it drop after the referendum? Why is it still below pre referendum levels? Give me this years yearly average

thornaby

And the sceptical idiot lol

Are they Chris? I hate to be sceptical but your credibility is low on here, you have previous for making things up . pmsl you hate to be sceptical howling here

There are 2 type of people , sceptics and idiots "

"The topic is Germany turning to us, as Portugal, in their hour of need.

Let's treat this topic with the seriousness it deserves "

You really do believe in that, are you ? Awesome ??

Tell you what, you lot start a thread about what macroeconomic indicators would constitute good news and we shall advise you as and when they are hit

No need, it isn’t necessary, if your are using the strength of the pound to the euro to indicate success or failure why did it drop after the referendum? Why is it still below pre referendum levels? Give me this years yearly average "

Chris also used rising prices of beef and lamb, as indicator of success.You couldn't make it up

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Nice of them. The rollout is a concern out in Germany .

Speaking to my friend in Düsseldorf (lovely beer) they are quite envious with our approach to the end of lockdown.

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

Given that they have had less than half the deaths we have, with a much bigger population, maybe we could trade with them how they achieved that?

"Given that they have had less than half the deaths we have, with a much bigger population, maybe we could trade with them how they achieved that?"

This has been discussed on numerous occasions.

Being that most of the UK deaths are actually English deaths I'm using England and not the UK. The population density of England is nearly twice that of Germany. Along with other things such as social aspects and obedience.

liverpool

"Given that they have had less than half the deaths we have, with a much bigger population, maybe we could trade with them how they achieved that?

This has been discussed on numerous occasions.

Being that most of the UK deaths are actually English deaths I'm using England and not the UK. The population density of England is nearly twice that of Germany. Along with other things such as social aspects and obedience."

liverpool

We should do a Competiton for the best excuse why are rate is so bad

Population density (as obviously no where else on the planet has densely populated areas)

Every other country has an obedient population

Our climate

We are the only country to count deaths 'fairly'

Other countries are used to emergency type situations

"We should do a Competiton for the best excuse why are rate is so bad

Population density (as obviously no where else on the planet has densely populated areas)

Our climate

Other countries are used to emergency type situations "

Here a few more

Deaths are bad but would have been worse under Corbyn

The EU

Illegal immigrants

The homeless

and people who are claiming UC

liverpool

Our climate

Here a few more

The EU

Illegal immigrants

The homeless

"

The climate one Is my favourite.

How unlucky are we though to have this totally unique set of circumstances?

Our climate

Here a few more

The EU

Illegal immigrants

The homeless

How unlucky are we though to have this totally unique set of circumstances?"

You boys are funny

Are you telling me that our PD isn't almost twice the size of Germany? Or that we aren't less obedient as a nation?

liverpool

Our climate

Here a few more

The EU

Illegal immigrants

The homeless

You boys are funny

Are you telling me that our PD isn't almost twice the size of Germany? Or that we aren't less obedient as a nation?"

How do you measure obedience exactly?

Our climate

Here a few more

The EU

Illegal immigrants

The homeless

You boys are funny

Are you telling me that our PD isn't almost twice the size of Germany? Or that we aren't less obedient as a nation?"

Tokyo Is very densely populated , 38 million people , 1250 deaths

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Proud to be British

Our climate

Here a few more

The EU

Illegal immigrants

The homeless

You boys are funny

Are you telling me that our PD isn't almost twice the size of Germany? Or that we aren't less obedient as a nation?

Tokyo Is very densely populated , 38 million people , 1250 deaths "

We were compared to Germany. Not Japan.

liverpool

Our climate

Here a few more

The EU

Illegal immigrants

The homeless

You boys are funny

We were compared to Germany. Not Japan."

But whenever we are compared to other countries, populations density is a recurring factor.

Our climate

Here a few more

The EU

Illegal immigrants

The homeless

You boys are funny

How do you measure obedience exactly?"

Go to your local high street during lockdown and you'll see.

You know you agree with my statement. You're just being your usual self

Our climate

Here a few more

The EU

Illegal immigrants

The homeless

You boys are funny

But whenever we are compared to other countries, populations density is a recurring factor."

It is a factor. Along with other things like I said

Our climate

Here a few more

The EU

Illegal immigrants

The homeless

You boys are funny

We were compared to Germany. Not Japan."

You were comparing population density

liverpool

Our climate

Here a few more

The EU

Illegal immigrants

The homeless

You boys are funny

You know you agree with my statement. You're just being your usual self "

My local high street was dead before.

Ergo we have an obedient population.

You cant argue with science.

liverpool

Our climate

Here a few more

The EU

Illegal immigrants

The homeless

You boys are funny

But whenever we are compared to other countries, populations density is a recurring factor.

It is a factor. Along with other things like I said "

Yes and all others meaning we are spectacularly unlucky.

Come on ,you know its bollocks.

We probally have a few negative factors but we also had plenty of positives ,which should have meant we were in a strong position to deal with it.

Our climate

Here a few more

The EU

Illegal immigrants

The homeless

You boys are funny

You know you agree with my statement. You're just being your usual self "

Are people stupid where you live?

Our climate

Here a few more

The EU

Illegal immigrants

The homeless

You boys are funny

You were comparing population density "

With Germany because the poster before said we should ask Germany

Our climate

Here a few more

The EU

Illegal immigrants

The homeless

You boys are funny

We probally have a few negative factors but we also had plenty of positives ,which should have meant we were in a strong position to deal with it."

Along with other factors. Are you really that thick?

Do I need to spell them all out for you?

Our climate

Here a few more

The EU

Illegal immigrants

The homeless

You boys are funny

Are people stupid where you live? "

Why would you ask that?

Our climate

Here a few more

The EU

Illegal immigrants

The homeless

You boys are funny

With Germany because the poster before said we should ask Germany"

Ah, so population density isn’t a factor unless it’s England or Germany?

Our climate

Here a few more

The EU

Illegal immigrants

The homeless

You boys are funny

Why would you ask that?"

What type of places are open on your local high street?

liverpool

Our climate

Here a few more

The EU

Illegal immigrants

The homeless

You boys are funny

We probally have a few negative factors but we also had plenty of positives ,which should have meant we were in a strong position to deal with it.

Do I need to spell them all out for you?"

Please do

I'm all ears

Our climate

Here a few more

The EU

Illegal immigrants

The homeless

You boys are funny

Ah, so population density isn’t a factor unless it’s England or Germany? "

Of course it's a factor. But bringing other countries into when this is about Germany

Our climate

Here a few more

The EU

Illegal immigrants

The homeless

You boys are funny

Why would you ask that?

What type of places are open on your local high street? "

Half of my local high street is open

Our climate

Here a few more

The EU

Illegal immigrants

The homeless

You boys are funny

Do I need to spell them all out for you?

Please do

I'm all ears"

PD, half lockdowns, not closing borders, lockdown disobedience, PPE issues, ventilator issues, not enough professionals etc etc. I'm sure there's many more but those come to mind instantly

Our climate

Here a few more

The EU

Illegal immigrants

The homeless

You boys are funny

Of course it's a factor. But bringing other countries into when this is about Germany "

I see, so population density is a factor but not relevant in other countries .

Our climate

Here a few more

The EU

Illegal immigrants

The homeless

You boys are funny

Why would you ask that?

What type of places are open on your local high street?

Half of my local high street is open"

That’s why it busy then,

Our climate

Here a few more

The EU

Illegal immigrants

The homeless

You boys are funny

Of course it's a factor. But bringing other countries into when this is about Germany

I see, so population density is a factor but not relevant in other countries . "

How many times. This thread and the reply in question is specifically about Germany. And anyway, Japans PD is lower than Englands

Our climate

Here a few more

The EU

Illegal immigrants

The homeless

You boys are funny

How many times. This thread and the reply in question is specifically about Germany. And anyway, Japans PD is lower than Englands "

Tokyo’s isn’t

Chudleigh

Our climate

Here a few more

The EU

Illegal immigrants

The homeless

You boys are funny

Of course it's a factor. But bringing other countries into when this is about Germany "

As it was me who picked Germany as a broadly comparable society, who would you say that we should look at?

Chudleigh

Our climate

Here a few more

The EU

Illegal immigrants

The homeless

You boys are funny

How many times. This thread and the reply in question is specifically about Germany. And anyway, Japans PD is lower than Englands "

It isn’t though - England 275 per square kilometre, Japan 340 per square kilometre. Facts are important, more so than throw away comments.

Germany's top-selling newspaper has hailed the UK's COVID vaccine rollout success and its plans to lift lockdown, announcing on its front page: "Dear British, we envy you."

My husbands Niece is at school in Germany. She doesn't really care about population density, she just feels that we are doing a much better job at getting the vaccinations done and that information is very toxic on vaccine uptake in Germany right now.

My Husbands Niece is just 16.

Chudleigh

"Germany's top-selling newspaper has hailed the UK's COVID vaccine rollout success and its plans to lift lockdown, announcing on its front page: "Dear British, we envy you."

My husbands Niece is at school in Germany. She doesn't really care about population density, she just feels that we are doing a much better job at getting the vaccinations done and that information is very toxic on vaccine uptake in Germany right now.

My Husbands Niece is just 16. "

Totally agree we have done the vaccines better. Its just the bit before where Boris policies directly led to 90,000 more deaths than we would have had if we’d done it the German way - 90,000 deaths on Boris hands (as he has no conscience!)

westerham

Our climate

Here a few more

The EU

Illegal immigrants

The homeless

You boys are funny

As it was me who picked Germany as a broadly comparable society, who would you say that we should look at? "

Nowhere compares to This Land of King, This Realm, This England.

near ipswich

"Germany's top-selling newspaper has hailed the UK's COVID vaccine rollout success and its plans to lift lockdown, announcing on its front page: "Dear British, we envy you."

Totally agree we have done the vaccines better. Its just the bit before where Boris policies directly led to 90,000 more deaths than we would have had if we’d done it the German way - 90,000 deaths on Boris hands (as he has no conscience!)"

How do you actually work that out? im very interested to know and im sure the government would be too.

liverpool

Totally agree we have done the vaccines better. Its just the bit before where Boris policies directly led to 90,000 more deaths than we would have had if we’d done it the German way - 90,000 deaths on Boris hands (as he has no conscience!)"

Come now.

Surely you have learnt how this place works now?

By *renzMan  over a year ago

Between Chichester and Havant

Totally agree we have done the vaccines better. Its just the bit before where Boris policies directly led to 90,000 more deaths than we would have had if we’d done it the German way - 90,000 deaths on Boris hands (as he has no conscience!)

Come now.

Surely you have learnt how this place works now?"

Yesterday, Lionel you were saying it was down to science and the scientists.

liverpool

Come now.

Surely you have learnt how this place works now?

Yesterday, Lionel you were saying it was down to science and the scientists."

What was?

Our climate

Here a few more

The EU

Illegal immigrants

The homeless

You boys are funny

As it was me who picked Germany as a broadly comparable society, who would you say that we should look at?

Nowhere compares to This Land of King, This Realm, This England. "

Awww I got to recite this at Senior High . . .

“This royal throne of kings, this sceptered isle, This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars, This other Eden, demi-paradise, This fortress built by Nature for herself Against infection and the hand of war, This happy breed of men, this little world, This precious stone set in the silver sea, Which serves it in the office of a wall Or as a moat defensive to a house, Against the envy of less happier lands,--This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.”

Makes me proud. (and I'm half -French lol)

Chudleigh

Totally agree we have done the vaccines better. Its just the bit before where Boris policies directly led to 90,000 more deaths than we would have had if we’d done it the German way - 90,000 deaths on Boris hands (as he has no conscience!)How do you actually work that out? im very interested to know and im sure the government would be too."

From my other post, I’m sure you’ve read it

Germany has 67,000 deaths in a population of 83m, we have 143,000 with 66m. So ifwe had been like Germany, then we would have had 53,000 deaths. So the ‘price’ is an extra 90,000 deaths. Is that the right price for ‘health & freedom’?

Boris and the Tory’s cocked up on everything other than getting the vaccines early. People died needlessly as a direct consequence.

near ipswich

Totally agree we have done the vaccines better. Its just the bit before where Boris policies directly led to 90,000 more deaths than we would have had if we’d done it the German way - 90,000 deaths on Boris hands (as he has no conscience!)How do you actually work that out? im very interested to know and im sure the government would be too.

Germany has 67,000 deaths in a population of 83m, we have 143,000 with 66m. So ifwe had been like Germany, then we would have had 53,000 deaths. So the ‘price’ is an extra 90,000 deaths. Is that the right price for ‘health & freedom’?

Boris and the Tory’s cocked up on everything other than getting the vaccines early. People died needlessly as a direct consequence."

Have you taken into the equation the population density,the bame population? as its said they are 4 times more likely to die from covid,how does the over 80,s compare ?.You also seem to be using figures for the whole of the uk when we know Scotland,wales and N ireland have done their own thing as regards covid.You seem also to disregard the fact that a new variant developed in the uk which the uk discovered and immediately informed the rest of the world which resulted in them banning flights from the uk.

Now you blame boris for these deaths you still haven't told me what he actually did to cause these.

By *eanoCoolMan  over a year ago

wisbech

That 143k figure is incorrect too, no idea where you got that from. I do wish people would stop using figures showing deaths that are not correct, nobody truly knows how many have died from covid in this country yet due to the way its recorded. Until you start to only record a death from covid when someone has certainly died from it the figures will be shit. Died with a positive test in the last 28 days is not died of. Sorry for that rant but I have just been through this with my uncle passing and covid being put on his certificate even though he was only tested positive 2 days before his death. The system is wrong, the death figures are wrong.

westerham

Our climate

Here a few more

The EU

Illegal immigrants

The homeless

You boys are funny

Nowhere compares to This Land of King, This Realm, This England.

Awww I got to recite this at Senior High . . .

“This royal throne of kings, this sceptered isle, This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars, This other Eden, demi-paradise, This fortress built by Nature for herself Against infection and the hand of war, This happy breed of men, this little world, This precious stone set in the silver sea, Which serves it in the office of a wall Or as a moat defensive to a house, Against the envy of less happier lands,--This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.”

Makes me proud. (and I'm half -French lol)"

Ooh I got spine tingles reading that. I'm sure everyone on this thread, including our friends the Welsh and the Scots, did as well

By *ssexbloke72Man  over a year ago

Poplar

Totally agree we have done the vaccines better. Its just the bit before where Boris policies directly led to 90,000 more deaths than we would have had if we’d done it the German way - 90,000 deaths on Boris hands (as he has no conscience!)How do you actually work that out? im very interested to know and im sure the government would be too.

Boris and the Tory’s cocked up on everything other than getting the vaccines early. People died needlessly as a direct consequence."

Just like to point out as certain poster are comparing the UK to Germany plus the fact the UK locked down to late.

1st lockdown UK 23rd March

1st lockdown Germany 22nd March.

One day in it so not much of an argument imo.

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

Boris and the Tory’s cocked up on everything other than getting the vaccines early. People died needlessly as a direct consequence.Have you taken into the equation the population density,the bame population? as its said they are 4 times more likely to die from covid,how does the over 80,s compare ?.You also seem to be using figures for the whole of the uk when we know Scotland,wales and N ireland have done their own thing as regards covid.You seem also to disregard the fact that a new variant developed in the uk which the uk discovered and immediately informed the rest of the world which resulted in them banning flights from the uk.

Now you blame boris for these deaths you still haven't told me what he actually did to cause these. "

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"

Far FAR from it.

Merkel was very well liked in Germany in her early years but these days she is almost universally hated here.

Look closely at the "3 terms" and, for example, it was nothing like Blair.

The current German government is what is known as the "Jamaica coalition" (from the colours of the Jamaican flag)

Merkels CDU/CSU alliance (Black) was the largest party but when you take away the CSU (separate but allied to Merkel) votes in Bavaria (which have been almost a given for years) Merkel herself only got just over a quarter of the total.

Which left Merkel scratching to form a government. Her grand coalition, which she had to form with SPD (Red) when she couldn't win the previous election, had collapsed so she had to do a deal with FDP (yellow, think Lib Dems) and the Greens to form a government.

This was in 2017. Since then Merkel and her CDU party have lost popularity, only CSU in Bavaria has stood still (as it pretty much always has) Most opinion polls have Merkel dropping another 2 or 3% from what was an all time low last time.

Come September (whatever the details of the result) it will be another horse trading exercise to form a government here.

Merkel has only "won" one election. The last two "wins" were cobbled together in the corridors of power.

liverpool

Far FAR from it.

Merkel was very well liked in Germany in her early years but these days she is almost universally hated here.

The current German government is what is known as the "Jamaica coalition" (from the colours of the Jamaican flag)

Merkels CDU/CSU alliance (Black) was the largest party but when you take away the CSU (separate but allied to Merkel) votes in Bavaria (which have been almost a given for years) Merkel herself only got just over a quarter of the total.

Which left Merkel scratching to form a government. Her grand coalition, which she had to form with SPD (Red) when she couldn't win the previous election, had collapsed so she had to do a deal with FDP (yellow, think Lib Dems) and the Greens to form a government.

This was in 2017. Since then Merkel and her CDU party have lost popularity, only CSU in Bavaria has stood still (as it pretty much always has) Most opinion polls have Merkel dropping another 2 or 3% from what was an all time low last time.

Come September (whatever the details of the result) it will be another horse trading exercise to form a government here.

Merkel has only "won" one election. The last two "wins" were cobbled together in the corridors of power."

Even so..more widely in europe ,you dont serve 3 terms in the most powerful country in europe and are seen as a political failure.

Whatever you think of her personally, she will go down in history as a formidable politician in a mans world.

near ipswich

Just like maggie thatcher.

Chudleigh

Boris and the Tory’s cocked up on everything other than getting the vaccines early. People died needlessly as a direct consequence.

Just like to point out as certain poster are comparing the UK to Germany plus the fact the UK locked down to late.

One day in it so not much of an argument imo."

It seems to have saved an awful lot of lives - but then again they didn’t have Cheltenham Festival, Cummings or Boris

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

One day in it so not much of an argument imo."

If only it was that simple.

Germany - closed borders 16th March

U.K. - partially closed borders beginning of June

Enough said .

westerham

Let's be realistic and acknowledge the odd cultural difference between Germany and the UK eh?

Manchester

It will be interesting to see if the governments claim of 70% of PPE production include gloves as last October they removed these from the count.

Gloves account for over 50% of PPE numbers so the real U.K. supply ( note supply, not manufacture ) could be as low as 25-30%

Again the government spins and lies.

Manchester

"Just like maggie thatcher. "

Love or loathe she was a force !

By *hybloke67Man  over a year ago

ROMFORD

Enough said . "

Ok lets go further.

Germany lockdown on 22nd March did not tell the public to stay at home.

UK lockdown on 23rd March told the public to stay at home.

So the UK lockdown was far stricter than the Germany lockdown.

westerham

Enough said .

Ok lets go further.

So the UK lockdown was far stricter than the Germany lockdown. "

Ironic then that the UK public went out and the Germans stayed at home.

Our climate

Here a few more

The EU

Illegal immigrants

The homeless

You boys are funny

How many times. This thread and the reply in question is specifically about Germany. And anyway, Japans PD is lower than Englands

It isn’t though - England 275 per square kilometre, Japan 340 per square kilometre. Facts are important, more so than throw away comments."

You are correct. Facts are very very important. That's why you should know that England's PD is actually 432 per sqkm.

And England's recorded Covid-19 deaths is 107k.

If you're gonna try call me out on facts please make sure you have the correct figures

Enough said .

Ok lets go further.

Ironic then that the UK public went out and the Germans stayed at home. "

This is what I was saying about population obedience. But apparently I talk nonsense

westerham

Enough said .

Ok lets go further.

Ironic then that the UK public went out and the Germans stayed at home.

This is what I was saying about population obedience. But apparently I talk nonsense "

Not by anyone with credibility

Manchester

Enough said .

Ok lets go further.

So the UK lockdown was far stricter than the Germany lockdown. "

Rubbish they didn’t need to lockdown as hard as their outbreak wasn’t as bad and they had far better testing facilities set up from day one so knew where the virus was.

Also they didn’t need to be as strict as the people followed the rules ( they love rules ) and when you have the likes of Cummings setting an example it’s easy to see why we didn’t follow rules.

The Germans had compulsory wearing of masks months before we even thought it might be a good idea.

However the main failing of the U.K. government was the disease was travelling between countries due to flights so stopping planes rapidly slowed down the importing and spread of the virus. That’s fact and looking at New Zealand as island example it could have been so much better here.

We let the world keep coming in for months. We have introduced quarantine 12 months later . Brilliant.

Remember the first flight from China when they locked up the passengers. Why was that not extended for all arrivals ?

My own in law arrived in Heathrow from Madrid at the height of their outbreak and deaths. He didn’t get stopped checked tested or anything. Sailed through.

liverpool

"Just like maggie thatcher.

Love or loathe she was a force ! "

Thats one word for her.

liverpool

Enough said .

Ok lets go further.

Rubbish they didn’t need to lockdown as hard as their outbreak wasn’t as bad and they had far better testing facilities set up from day one so knew where the virus was.

Also they didn’t need to be as strict as the people followed the rules ( they love rules ) and when you have the likes of Cummings setting an example it’s easy to see why we didn’t follow rules.

The Germans had compulsory wearing of masks months before we even thought it might be a good idea.

However the main failing of the U.K. government was the disease was travelling between countries due to flights so stopping planes rapidly slowed down the importing and spread of the virus. That’s fact and looking at New Zealand as island example it could have been so much better here.

We let the world keep coming in for months. We have introduced quarantine 12 months later . Brilliant.

Remember the first flight from China when they locked up the passengers. Why was that not extended for all arrivals ?

My own in law arrived in Heathrow from Madrid at the height of their outbreak and deaths. He didn’t get stopped checked tested or anything. Sailed through. "

Nah it's ok cos every other country in the world has populations who do as their told.

Whilst we are the only country to have a nation of maverick who break all the rules.

Obvs.

westerham

Enough said .

Ok lets go further.

My own in law arrived in Heathrow from Madrid at the height of their outbreak and deaths. He didn’t get stopped checked tested or anything. Sailed through. "

And yet the Germans' biggest newspaper literally says they envy us.

Manchester

Enough said .

Ok lets go further.

My own in law arrived in Heathrow from Madrid at the height of their outbreak and deaths. He didn’t get stopped checked tested or anything. Sailed through.

And yet the Germans' biggest newspaper literally says they envy us. "

And yet only on one thing out of thousands !

You’re grasping again!!

I bet they don’t envy our indebtedness and our lack of wealth or in fact our death rate from Covid.

We are nearly world leaders at having lots of pricks. There’s a cupboard or or do I mean cabinet of truth in that statement somewhere!!

liverpool

Enough said .

Ok lets go further.

And yet the Germans' biggest newspaper literally says they envy us. "

They are envying our roll out.

westerham

Enough said .

Ok lets go further.

"

Well in a life or death situation, the roll out is kind of the only thing that matters right now, don't you agree?

liverpool

Enough said .

Ok lets go further.

Well in a life or death situation, the roll out is kind of the only thing that matters right now, don't you agree? "

Personally I'd say having one of the worst death rates in europe would also have to be taken into consideration.

Just because the roll out has been a success,doesn't negative the previous 12 months car crash.

westerham

Enough said .

Ok lets go further.

Well in a life or death situation, the roll out is kind of the only thing that matters right now, don't you agree?

Personally I'd say having one of the worst death rates in europe would also have to be taken into consideration.

Just because the roll out has been a success,doesn't negative the previous 12 months car crash."

I've said many times the government has performed shockingly badly.

But here, now, today, what matters is the vaccine rollout.

Chudleigh

Our climate

Here a few more

The EU

Illegal immigrants

The homeless

You boys are funny

It isn’t though - England 275 per square kilometre, Japan 340 per square kilometre. Facts are important, more so than throw away comments.

You are correct. Facts are very very important. That's why you should know that England's PD is actually 432 per sqkm.

If you're gonna try call me out on facts please make sure you have the correct figures "

You are right on England, I picked up the UK figure. Should we removed some of the Japanese islands which are less populated as well? In terms of the number of excess deaths, you are under reporting

Our climate

Here a few more

The EU

Illegal immigrants

The homeless

You boys are funny

If you're gonna try call me out on facts please make sure you have the correct figures

You are right on England, I picked up the UK figure. Should we removed some of the Japanese islands which are less populated as well? In terms of the number of excess deaths, you are under reporting "

I haven't reported any figures in terms of excess deaths. Are you saying the excess is higher than 107k?

Chudleigh

Our climate

Here a few more

The EU

Illegal immigrants

The homeless

You boys are funny

You are right on England, I picked up the UK figure. Should we removed some of the Japanese islands which are less populated as well? In terms of the number of excess deaths, you are under reporting

I haven't reported any figures in terms of excess deaths. Are you saying the excess is higher than 107k?"

Just checked Japan, Honshu Island the main Island has a population of 109m and an area of 228,000 sq km, so a pd of 456 peopleper sq km. so more than England even. I believe they also have a much, much lower excess desth rate.

It is time to face facts, Britain under Boris screwed this up royally. We are not noticeably different to other countries in anything other than our leadership.

For a year (on this subject alone), the Leadership has been abysmal and its actions and inaction have cost the lives of 10’s of thousands of people, as well as hurting their families and many others who suffer with Long Covid.

There is no need to argue about a few thousand here or their in numbers, or to say we have unique circumstances. We just don’t - every suggestion has been debunked. We aren’t overcrowded, we don’t have a unique lack of following rules, we don’t have the ‘wrong’ population mix. What we do have is criminally culpable Leadership.

Our climate

Here a few more

The EU

Illegal immigrants

The homeless

You boys are funny

I haven't reported any figures in terms of excess deaths. Are you saying the excess is higher than 107k?

Just checked Japan, Honshu Island the main Island has a population of 109m and an area of 228,000 sq km, so a pd of 456 peopleper sq km. so more than England even. I believe they also have a much, much lower excess desth rate.

It is time to face facts, Britain under Boris screwed this up royally. We are not noticeably different to other countries in anything other than our leadership.

For a year (on this subject alone), the Leadership has been abysmal and its actions and inaction have cost the lives of 10’s of thousands of people, as well as hurting their families and many others who suffer with Long Covid.

There is no need to argue about a few thousand here or their in numbers, or to say we have unique circumstances. We just don’t - every suggestion has been debunked. We aren’t overcrowded, we don’t have a unique lack of following rules, we don’t have the ‘wrong’ population mix. What we do have is criminally culpable Leadership."

I don't dispute that the government have made some huge mistakes. I have also never said we have unique circumstances.

You're the one who wanted to compare us to other countries. Namely Germany. Now you wanna throw Japan in because they've performed even better

Chudleigh

Our climate

Here a few more

The EU

Illegal immigrants

The homeless

You boys are funny

There is no need to argue about a few thousand here or their in numbers, or to say we have unique circumstances. We just don’t - every suggestion has been debunked. We aren’t overcrowded, we don’t have a unique lack of following rules, we don’t have the ‘wrong’ population mix. What we do have is criminally culpable Leadership.

I don't dispute that the government have made some huge mistakes. I have also never said we have unique circumstances.

You're the one who wanted to compare us to other countries. Namely Germany. Now you wanna throw Japan in because they've performed even better

"

For clarity, some Covid Deniers on here used examples of why Britain is different or unique - I was debunking that hypothesis. The Govt has badically cocked up and people, some very close to us have died. This should not be accepted. Other countries did way better on keeping deaths lower. This Govt only got one thing right, ordering the vaccines early. But for our friends this was too late and for many others this was too late.

Our climate

Here a few more

The EU

Illegal immigrants

The homeless

You boys are funny

For clarity, some Covid Deniers on here used examples of why Britain is different or unique - I was debunking that hypothesis. The Govt has badically cocked up and people, some very close to us have died. This should not be accepted. Other countries did way better on keeping deaths lower. This Govt only got one thing right, ordering the vaccines early. But for our friends this was too late and for many others this was too late."

That's a bit of a tangent there but I don't disagree with it.

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

Covid in Germany must be bad, today one a big global courier refused to ship parcels to Germany now and the foresable future. Not the EU, just Germany. Likewise, a previous shipment tracked to Germany they admitted they had it in their customs holding centre at Leipzig, charged the VAT to the customer and then lost it. Our customer paints a different picture, they are struggling at the moment. They do efficency well, but when they can't it's a mess.

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

Far FAR from it.

Merkel has only "won" one election. The last two "wins" were cobbled together in the corridors of power.

Even so..more widely in europe ,you dont serve 3 terms in the most powerful country in europe and are seen as a political failure.

Whatever you think of her personally, she will go down in history as a formidable politician in a mans world."

Or the one who put the last nail into the CDU coffin.

» Add a new message to this topic