FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Brexit bonus time again

Brexit bonus time again

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *or Fox Sake OP   Couple  over a year ago

Thornaby

micchael Gove, has attempted to downplay the effects of Brexit on UK trade, a survey last week by the Food and Drink Federation of its members that send goods to the EU found a 45% drop in exports since 1 January.

Yeah, stick that up your Junker, our self imposed trade restrictions will power us on to a new British empire.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"micchael Gove, has attempted to downplay the effects of Brexit on UK trade, a survey last week by the Food and Drink Federation of its members that send goods to the EU found a 45% drop in exports since 1 January.

Yeah, stick that up your Junker, our self imposed trade restrictions will power us on to a new British empire.

"

Yes I fear we will be ruled by an empire of idiots.

Thornaby

"micchael Gove, has attempted to downplay the effects of Brexit on UK trade, a survey last week by the Food and Drink Federation of its members that send goods to the EU found a 45% drop in exports since 1 January.

Yes I fear we will be ruled by an empire of idiots. "

Too late

With this lot we've got a leadership that looks more like a crime family than a government that cares

By *uliaChrisCouple  over a year ago

westerham

My export business to the EU has never been better. Riddle me that.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"My export business to the EU has never been better. Riddle me that. "

So you say,

By *LLY69Man  over a year ago

Gorey

Maybe you have a niche market.

Thornaby

You keep saying that, yet somehow not many believe you, wonder why that is

westerham

Amusing how some remainers have deluded themselves into believing that making all traders here and abroad pay the right amount of tax and meet welfare legislation etc. is a ‘trade restriction’

No, it’s basic humanity.

Thornaby

"Amusing how some remainers have deluded themselves into believing that making all traders here and abroad pay the right amount of tax and meet welfare legislation etc. is a ‘trade restriction’

No, it’s basic humanity. "

Nothing at all to do with the subject matter.

Diversionary tactics, again.

By *L RogueMan  over a year ago

London

"My export business to the EU has never been better. Riddle me that.

Maybe you have a niche market."

I'm curious to know too.

westerham

"Amusing how some remainers have deluded themselves into believing that making all traders here and abroad pay the right amount of tax and meet welfare legislation etc. is a ‘trade restriction’

No, it’s basic humanity.

Diversionary tactics, again."

Uh? In your mind, what’s the subject matter then?

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

My friends business is the same

Thornaby

No, it’s basic humanity.

"

Read the first post.

upton wirral

So you say, "

Why do you hate good positive news so much?

Thornaby

"My export business to the EU has never been better. Riddle me that. My friends business is the same"

Congratulations, that makes 2 unvalidated examples.

By *loughing the landMan  over a year ago

Cambridge

If the impact was as bad as stated you would expect manufacturers and retailers to be issuing profit warnings and experiencing cash flow difficulties. If we were to assume that temhe drop is as high as stated, where have the substitute goods been obtained from . ? Do hauliers have lots of vehicles lying idle due to the loss of these exports or have any shipping lines issued profit warnings due to a loss of trade. ?

It would be interesting to have a detailed breakdown of the drop in trade broken down by product type. Is the drop seasonally or do manufacturers expect it to pick up.

The reality probably is that manufacturers and retailers have adopted to any teething problems and are simply carrying on their business as normal.

Companies simply adopt to changing circumstances.

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

Yes, and it seems that those UK companies trading globally had no real problems then dealing with shipments to the EU. Those companies that traded solely with EU did.

EU companies were caught out, they were just not ready, now the profiteers gave gone, they are getting upto speed.

What is causing upset us that EU citizens are complaining that they pay more VAT than their mate 500m across the border - that is not a UK Brexit problem but the EU's.

As above, the company I work for has no problems shipping to the EU. All the problems are solely the EU's and some countries are worse than others.

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

Sorry guys but with respect I’m guessing you don’t export much!

It’s not in the news but there’s still a lot of chaos at the ports.

Hamish please feel free to tell me the different vat rules between Spain and Portugal for our exports? How do we account for the logistics VAT?

Also do we need fiscal representation in Austria to claim vat back or do we have to trade over certain thresholds to be even able to register?

Two short sea container companies have stopped operating ships on certain routes from the U.K. due to delays and congestion. This is fact as we are diverting cargos to trailers at extra cost.

We have four vehicles waiting for inspections at 2 borders right now costing us thousands in demurrage. Our guys in The Netherlands have been told by customs this may take up to six weeks. The paperwork and load are fine it’s just random checks. Oh and we know what we’re doing as we export globally. This is a sign of the future for business exporting and importing from the U.K.

One of the biggest freight ferry operators still won’t take on new lanes from smaller clients. Also there will be a 15-20% increase in new clients freight rates when they do. (Told to me by their commercial Director). Parking charges in terminals now €250 per day for trailers to try to slow the increasing congestion.

CMA just announced Brexit recovery charge €39 per TEU on top of admin annual increase and customs charges.

The delays to full process being implemented on imports to the U.K. are due to the government not being ready. Hence no import checks . Three loads being imported from Poland last week sailed through without any checks whatsoever.

So much for controlling our borders!!

With no real prospects of smooth trade in the near future we’re moving more business to the continent. We don’t have a choice as it’s costing us too much money and the uncertainty is making contracts difficult to quote from the U.K.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"Sorry guys but with respect I’m guessing you don’t export much!

Hamish please feel free to tell me the different vat rules between Spain and Portugal for our exports? How do we account for the logistics VAT?

Also do we need fiscal representation in Austria to claim vat back or do we have to trade over certain thresholds to be even able to register?

Two short sea container companies have stopped operating ships on certain routes from the U.K. due to delays and congestion. This is fact as we are diverting cargos to trailers at extra cost.

We have four vehicles waiting for inspections at 2 borders right now costing us thousands in demurrage. Our guys in The Netherlands have been told by customs this may take up to six weeks. The paperwork and load are fine it’s just random checks. Oh and we know what we’re doing as we export globally. This is a sign of the future for business exporting and importing from the U.K.

One of the biggest freight ferry operators still won’t take on new lanes from smaller clients. Also there will be a 15-20% increase in new clients freight rates when they do. (Told to me by their commercial Director). Parking charges in terminals now €250 per day for trailers to try to slow the increasing congestion.

CMA just announced Brexit recovery charge €39 per TEU on top of admin annual increase and customs charges.

The delays to full process being implemented on imports to the U.K. are due to the government not being ready. Hence no import checks . Three loads being imported from Poland last week sailed through without any checks whatsoever.

With no real prospects of smooth trade in the near future we’re moving more business to the continent. We don’t have a choice as it’s costing us too much money and the uncertainty is making contracts difficult to quote from the U.K.

"

What are you exporting ?

So you say, Why do you hate good positive news so much?"

Because it is made up, just like the story about your ‘friend ‘

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Maybe the uk is a bit more pragmatic than the eu by not implementing boarder controls immediately and understand that there will be problems at 1st . I'm pleased that they are acting in a reasonable manner so the eu can still trade with us after all they are not the enemy just trading partners.

If your trucks are stuck for 6 weeks for random inspections it just proves to me that the eu are either deliberately being obstructive because they are bitter about the uk leaving or as i suspect (and another reason i voted leave) that the institution of brussels is so big that there is no common sense anymore is too rigid and too slow.A good example of their inability apply any common sense is, overnight mud on tyres from the British mainland to NI had somehow become contaminated you really couldn't make it up.

near ipswich

So you say, Why do you hate good positive news so much?

Because it is made up, just like the story about your ‘friend ‘ "

thats very judgemental do you also think jackel is making it up or do you just take what he says as fact because it fits your beliefs?

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Questioning a story=judgemental

Calling people cunts=non judgemental

Because it is made up, just like the story about your ‘friend ‘ thats very judgemental do you also think jackel is making it up or do you just take what he says as fact because it fits your beliefs?"

Jackal provides very detailed knowledge and obviously knows what he is talking about, he is credible .

here

Because it is made up, just like the story about your ‘friend ‘ thats very judgemental do you also think jackel is making it up or do you just take what he says as fact because it fits your beliefs?

Jackal provides very detailed knowledge and obviously knows what he is talking about, he is credible . "

Have you pmd him to sort your ch**r issue? Just a thought?

Because it is made up, just like the story about your ‘friend ‘ thats very judgemental do you also think jackel is making it up or do you just take what he says as fact because it fits your beliefs?

Jackal provides very detailed knowledge and obviously knows what he is talking about, he is credible .

Have you pmd him to sort your ch**r issue? Just a thought? "

The chair issue has been resolved, but I would take his and your advice anytime, that can’t be said for certain posters on here

here

The chair issue has been resolved, but I would take his and your advice anytime, that can’t be said for certain posters on here "

Good to hear the chair issue is resolved I'm sure they are worth the wait... Enjoy

The chair issue has been resolved, but I would take his and your advice anytime, that can’t be said for certain posters on here

Good to hear the chair issue is resolved I'm sure they are worth the wait... Enjoy "

Thanks

Manchester

"Maybe the uk is a bit more pragmatic than the eu by not implementing boarder controls immediately and understand that there will be problems at 1st . I'm pleased that they are acting in a reasonable manner so the eu can still trade with us after all they are not the enemy just trading partners.

If your trucks are stuck for 6 weeks for random inspections it just proves to me that the eu are either deliberately being obstructive because they are bitter about the uk leaving or as i suspect (and another reason i voted leave) that the institution of brussels is so big that there is no common sense anymore is too rigid and too slow.A good example of their inability apply any common sense is, overnight mud on tyres from the British mainland to NI had somehow become contaminated you really couldn't make it up.

"

So given Brexit has happened how does that reality help me as a business?

I’m not being held up by Brussels I’m being held up by customs in individual countries.

The issue with the U.K. and all the countries of Europe is the deal was last min so no staff to implement . There should have been a delay as was requested by the CBI but Boris said no.

We caused this mess . We will be doing the same checks to imports when they start or are we not going to control our borders?

Be interesting to see how many illegal immigrants are coming in right now without any checks as the staff are busy with exports.

near ipswich

Jackal provides very detailed knowledge and obviously knows what he is talking about, he is credible . "

Right personally i take everybody in this forum with a pinch of salt, its made harder to believe anyone when certain posters come back time after time with new profiles pretending to be someone else.Saying that even if i do believe them to be bullshitting i would not call them out as it would be near on impossible on here to prove you are telling the truth.

Jackal provides very detailed knowledge and obviously knows what he is talking about, he is credible . Right personally i take everybody in this forum with a pinch of salt, its made harder to believe anyone when certain posters come back time after time with new profiles pretending to be someone else.Saying that even if i do believe them to be bullshitting i would not call them out as it would be near on impossible on here to prove you are telling the truth. "

Fair enough. There are a few leave voters on here who I believe and their are others who provide nothing to substantiate their claims and have no credibility.

near ipswich

"Maybe the uk is a bit more pragmatic than the eu by not implementing boarder controls immediately and understand that there will be problems at 1st . I'm pleased that they are acting in a reasonable manner so the eu can still trade with us after all they are not the enemy just trading partners.

I’m not being held up by Brussels I’m being held up by customs in individual countries.

The issue with the U.K. and all the countries of Europe is the deal was last min so no staff to implement . There should have been a delay as was requested by the CBI but Boris said no.

We caused this mess . We will be doing the same checks to imports when they start or are we not going to control our borders?

Be interesting to see how many illegal immigrants are coming in right now without any checks as the staff are busy with exports. "

Exactly the last minute nature of the deal is the problem and a delay would have incurred extra payments to the eu so dont blame him there (we could have been dragged into the new 7 year eu budget).

I dont agree with your argument that its not brussels fault these individual customs are following eu rules and the eu is not flexible enough to recognize a problem and act fast enough for the good of their citizens as the uk has done.

westerham

No, it’s basic humanity.

"

Ok I’ve re read it.

In addition to all my other salient points, I point out that the head of the Food and Drink Federation actually said:

“That may be partly because lots and lots of businesses have stockpiled three or four months of goods on the other side of the Channel, and they may bounce back”

It’s a poor show to keep on exaggerating and talking the country down in my book.

Thornaby

No, it’s basic humanity.

Ok I’ve re read it.

In addition to all my other salient points, I point out that the head of the Food and Drink Federation actually said:

“That may be partly because lots and lots of businesses have stockpiled three or four months of goods on the other side of the Channel, and they may bounce back”

It’s a poor show to keep on exaggerating and talking the country down in my book. "

Stick to making stuff up, fantasy boards second on the left.

Cambridge

"

If three loads sailed through from Poland without any checks whatsoever, surely that is a good thing and indicates that the UK is taking a pragmatic approach ( the voice of reason ) . I would have though that that it is much better ( and far more efficient ) to have intelligent lead checks . It is a bit pointless checking companies that you can trust . VOSA use a traffic light system , there is no reason why HMRC cannot use the same ( or for that matter the EU )

Manchester

Be interesting to see how many illegal immigrants are coming in right now without any checks as the staff are busy with exports. Exactly the last minute nature of the deal is the problem and a delay would have incurred extra payments to the eu so dont blame him there (we could have been dragged into the new 7 year eu budget).

I dont agree with your argument that its not brussels fault these individual customs are following eu rules and the eu is not flexible enough to recognize a problem and act fast enough for the good of their citizens as the uk has done."

No they follow individual rules on customs not EU

Tariffs are EU but each country impose their own customs and VAT rules .

Manchester

If three loads sailed through from Poland without any checks whatsoever, surely that is a good thing and indicates that the UK is taking a pragmatic approach ( the voice of reason ) . I would have though that that it is much better ( and far more efficient ) to have intelligent lead checks . It is a bit pointless checking companies that you can trust . VOSA use a traffic light system , there is no reason why HMRC cannot use the same ( or for that matter the EU ) "

It’s not pragmatic choice . They don’t have the staff

westerham

No, it’s basic humanity.

Ok I’ve re read it.

It’s a poor show to keep on exaggerating and talking the country down in my book.

Stick to making stuff up, fantasy boards second on the left. "

Inconvenient facts? Your arguments wobbling?

Manchester

Hi gents

I don’t mind if you believe me or not. I have tried to show you our first hand experiences and info from companies I deal with.

Some trades are sailing through just fine as we’ve got it nailed down with local customs along with being quieter routes. Germans and Swedish very efficient. But our customs agents are also very good. The loads sadly still cost a lot more to export.

Some big volume low margin routes we are moving out of the U.K. simply due to the hike in haulage costs and erratic customs issues. Those ones held up could cost in excess of €10k. It’s madness and we’ve virtually stopped exports to France due to lack of haulage.

This is just a fun swingers site so I’m not going try and persuade anyone I’m just giving an honest insight.

Feel free to dismiss me I am very thick skinned. I complain fiercely through trade groups not FAB.

We won’t go bust as we’re a strong varied business but we know some single product guys who are really struggling.

I can tell you we are investing on some big projects in the U.K. over the next 18months which are domestic only, but most of our international trading focus is now on the EU for investment.

westerham

"Hi gents

I don’t mind if you believe me or not. I have tried to show you our first hand experiences and info from companies I deal with.

Some trades are sailing through just fine as we’ve got it nailed down with local customs along with being quieter routes. Germans and Swedish very efficient. But our customs agents are also very good. The loads sadly still cost a lot more to export.

Some big volume low margin routes we are moving out of the U.K. simply due to the hike in haulage costs and erratic customs issues. Those ones held up could cost in excess of €10k. It’s madness and we’ve virtually stopped exports to France due to lack of haulage.

This is just a fun swingers site so I’m not going try and persuade anyone I’m just giving an honest insight.

Feel free to dismiss me I am very thick skinned. I complain fiercely through trade groups not FAB.

We won’t go bust as we’re a strong varied business but we know some single product guys who are really struggling.

I can tell you we are investing on some big projects in the U.K. over the next 18months which are domestic only, but most of our international trading focus is now on the EU for investment.

"

So your problem is with the French. Got there in the end.

upton wirral

So your calling me a lier then you remoaners get more discusting ask the time apologise please

Manchester

"Hi gents

So your problem is with the French. Got there in the end. "

No it’s with hauliers avoiding France . Will you concentrate !!

It’s a self drive route so the domain of Eastern European drivers going home. They are refusing to come to the U.K. . 51% rejection rate at the moment .

westerham

"Hi gents

It’s a self drive route so the domain of Eastern European drivers going home. They are refusing to come to the U.K. . 51% rejection rate at the moment .

"

More work for British drivers and less cheap diesel being brought over in large tanks then. Good stuff.

Because it is made up, just like the story about your ‘friend ‘ So your calling me a lier then you remoaners get more discusting ask the time apologise please"

I have 3 friends who export to the EU and are now struggling and are close to going out of business because of Brexit, do you believe me?

Manchester

"Hi gents

More work for British drivers and less cheap diesel being brought over in large tanks then. Good stuff. "

Sadly no as economics dictate we import more than we export so that doesn’t work either.

Supply and demand

By *ebbie69Couple  over a year ago

milton keynes

Because it is made up, just like the story about your ‘friend ‘ So your calling me a lier then you remoaners get more discusting ask the time apologise please

I have 3 friends who export to the EU and are now struggling and are close to going out of business because of Brexit, do you believe me? "

Lots of diversity on fab and our respective jobs and experiences. To say someone's making things up is disrespectful especially as they can no more prove their stories than others. I often read Jackels posts as he appears to know his stuff but of course it could all be made up. However I won't say he makes things up. His experiences differ to where I work which is very busy and apart from the first few stressful days has not had problems. Can I prove this? Am I going to take you on a guided tour or say where I work? No of course not given the site we are all on.

Because it is made up, just like the story about your ‘friend ‘ So your calling me a lier then you remoaners get more discusting ask the time apologise please

I have 3 friends who export to the EU and are now struggling and are close to going out of business because of Brexit, do you believe me?

Lots of diversity on fab and our respective jobs and experiences. To say someone's making things up is disrespectful especially as they can no more prove their stories than others. I often read Jackels posts as he appears to know his stuff but of course it could all be made up. However I won't say he makes things up. His experiences differ to where I work which is very busy and apart from the first few stressful days has not had problems. Can I prove this? Am I going to take you on a guided tour or say where I work? No of course not given the site we are all on. "

I make my decisions based on information and credibility . Anyway, i have 4 friends who are going out of business due to Brexit.

westerham

"Hi gents

More work for British drivers and less cheap diesel being brought over in large tanks then. Good stuff.

Sadly no as economics dictate we import more than we export so that doesn’t work either.

Supply and demand "

Trouble is, I know my onions about this, as most things.

1) UK haulage has complained for years about cheap diesel fuelled East European hauliers coming over to the UK for the whole working week, nothing to do with import export.

2) Trade imbalance is the old figures based on us being under the dead hand of Brussels. Watch our Empire exports grow now we have our freedom.

By *ebbie69Couple  over a year ago

milton keynes

Lots of diversity on fab and our respective jobs and experiences. To say someone's making things up is disrespectful especially as they can no more prove their stories than others. I often read Jackels posts as he appears to know his stuff but of course it could all be made up. However I won't say he makes things up. His experiences differ to where I work which is very busy and apart from the first few stressful days has not had problems. Can I prove this? Am I going to take you on a guided tour or say where I work? No of course not given the site we are all on.

I make my decisions based on information and credibility . Anyway, i have 4 friends who are going out of business due to Brexit. "

Me too and can no more prove my experiences than you can about your friends but I will not claim you are making it up

I make my decisions based on information and credibility . Anyway, i have 4 friends who are going out of business due to Brexit.

Me too and can no more prove my experiences than you can about your friends but I will not claim you are making it up"

5 friends now

Manchester

"Hi gents

Supply and demand

1) UK haulage has complained for years about cheap diesel fuelled East European hauliers coming over to the UK for the whole working week, nothing to do with import export.

2) Trade imbalance is the old figures based on us being under the dead hand of Brussels. Watch our Empire exports grow now we have our freedom.

"

Yes we’ll import from China and USA instead and that won’t help either.

But back to today’s problems . If we use U.K. hauliers the price doubles or triples . So we don’t get the sale .

We rely on imbalances to keep our exports alive as a country.

Most European countries have similar fuel taxes to us now apart from Luxembourg where fuel is cheap but not cheap enough to justify the saving.

Its imports as we don't export enough. Remember we’re a service economy. That doesn’t need trucks . Next biggest export high tech which doesn’t need lots of trucks either.

westerham

"Hi gents

Supply and demand

But back to today’s problems . If we use U.K. hauliers the price doubles or triples . So we don’t get the sale .

Most European countries have similar fuel taxes to us now apart from Luxembourg where fuel is cheap but not cheap enough to justify the saving.

Its imports as we don't export enough. Remember we’re a service economy. That doesn’t need trucks . Next biggest export high tech which doesn’t need lots of trucks either.

"

You’re talking to a manufacturing expert here remember. I’ve listed our biggest exports before to help clarify things for you, which are oil, aerospace, and automotive. So yes trucks required.

However, where trucks are not required, they are not adding value, so your argument becomes circular, ie I work in trucks, therefore we need trucks.

Manchester

"Hi gents

Supply and demand

You’re talking to a manufacturing expert here remember. I’ve listed our biggest exports before to help clarify things for you, which are oil, aerospace, and automotive. So yes trucks required.

However, where trucks are not required, they are not adding value, so your argument becomes circular, ie I work in trucks, therefore we need trucks.

"

Please tell me how many imports to exports we have?

Oil - ships

Cars - drive themselves onto ships

Aerospace hmmm

A £10 million Rolls Royce engine requires one truck . £10Million pounds worth of tires from Romania need a few more trucks .

You see high value less trucks low value more trucks .

Economics not your strongest area is it.

near ipswich

I make my decisions based on information and credibility . Anyway, i have 4 friends who are going out of business due to Brexit. "

Personally you lost all credibility when you said you had 4 friends .

westerham

"Hi gents

Supply and demand

Oil - ships

Aerospace hmmm

A £10 million Rolls Royce engine requires one truck . £10Million pounds worth of tires from Romania need a few more trucks .

Economics not your strongest area is it. "

I must have imagined those 600 odd car transporter lorries running from Bristol for example then.

As I say, you’re just making circular arguments now, we’ve discussed your solidness many times.

I make my decisions based on information and credibility . Anyway, i have 4 friends who are going out of business due to Brexit. Personally you lost all credibility when you said you had 4 friends . "

Ouch, that hurts, how many friends do you have? I bet I have at least one more

Manchester

"Hi gents

Supply and demand

Oil - ships

Aerospace hmmm

I must have imagined those 600 odd car transporter lorries running from Bristol for example then.

As I say, you’re just making circular arguments now, we’ve discussed your solidness many times. "

Where were they going Chris??

near ipswich

I make my decisions based on information and credibility . Anyway, i have 4 friends who are going out of business due to Brexit. Personally you lost all credibility when you said you had 4 friends .

Ouch, that hurts, how many friends do you have? I bet I have at least one more "

I always say you can count your true friends on one hand.

I make my decisions based on information and credibility . Anyway, i have 4 friends who are going out of business due to Brexit. Personally you lost all credibility when you said you had 4 friends .

Ouch, that hurts, how many friends do you have? I bet I have at least one more I always say you can count your true friends on one hand. "

True,

Manchester

Ouch, that hurts, how many friends do you have? I bet I have at least one more I always say you can count your true friends on one hand. "

This

westerham

"Hi gents

Supply and demand

Oil - ships

Aerospace hmmm

As I say, you’re just making circular arguments now, we’ve discussed your solidness many times.

Where were they going Chris?? "

Up and down the country, strange question.

Sounds increasingly like you’re trying to justify non jobs.

Manchester

"Hi gents

Supply and demand

Oil - ships

Aerospace hmmm

Sounds increasingly like you’re trying to justify non jobs. "

So they’re not going abroad then ? So how do we use them to export??

The debate is about exports not delivering cars that arrived on ships.

A fellow fabber has just told me the trucks you mention are delivering Kia cars imported through Avonmouth.

Anyway I’m really curious to know how we secure pallets to the transporters and then persuade the drivers to deliver our loads to Bulgaria ??

Come on your the expert at this economic malarkey and know all the answers .

You are just waffling again stating circular arguments as you don’t actually understand the issue do you. Maybe you should have tried to understand the economic impact of Brexit before you voted.

Have a good evening .

Thornaby

"Hi gents

Supply and demand

Oil - ships

Aerospace hmmm

A fellow fabber has just told me the trucks you mention are delivering Kia cars imported through Avonmouth.

Anyway I’m really curious to know how we secure pallets to the transporters and then persuade the drivers to deliver our loads to Bulgaria ??

You are just waffling again stating circular arguments as you don’t actually understand the issue do you. Maybe you should have tried to understand the economic impact of Brexit before you voted.

Have a good evening .

"

Thought Chris was a history specialist, sitting down to discuss history with all those non woke history professors

westerham

"Hi gents

Supply and demand

Oil - ships

Aerospace hmmm

Have a good evening .

"

Honestly you’re talking a bit silly.

We exported 81% of our car production last year, 900,000 vehicles. On car transporters to the ships. I’m sure you know this.

Manchester

"Hi gents

Supply and demand

Oil - ships

Aerospace hmmm

Have a good evening .

Honestly you’re talking a bit silly.

We exported 81% of our car production last year, 900,000 vehicles. On car transporters to the ships. I’m sure you know this."

We were taking about lack of trucks to export Chris, cars driving into ships doesn’t help at all even you can understand that. Maybe we can fill the cars with boxes!!

You have no idea or argument so let’s leave it . We’re not talking about ships taking cars were talking about trucks taking loads to the EU . You mentioned cheap diesel remember.

Shame I thought you had a hidden gem of an answer . I should know better..

Your colourful rhetoric is a joy to behold but you don’t do actual detail or any factual reality.

I won’t waste my time on your nonsense .

westerham

The OP is nothing to do with lack of trucks. You’re the only one droning on about a lack of trucks.

Thornaby

"The OP is nothing to do with lack of trucks. You’re the only one droning on about a lack of trucks. "

As the OP I can confirm it's about trade, which you are being challenged on , and coming up very very short.

By *LLY69Man  over a year ago

Gorey

Jackal1 one of the few making any sense on this forum.

upton wirral

I have 3 friends who export to the EU and are now struggling and are close to going out of business because of Brexit, do you believe me? "

Yes why should I not it is happening combined with covid not helping.

However not all companies are failing fact please apologise.

Copanies suceed and fail all the time for many reasons there will be casualties because of Brexit but there will be successes as in life

Thornaby

I have 3 friends who export to the EU and are now struggling and are close to going out of business because of Brexit, do you believe me? Yes why should I not it is happening combined with covid not helping.

Copanies suceed and fail all the time for many reasons there will be casualties because of Brexit but there will be successes as in life"

If they are down to brexit, they are avoidable.

Manchester

[Removed by poster at 07/03/21 19:28:38]

Manchester

"The OP is nothing to do with lack of trucks. You’re the only one droning on about a lack of trucks.

As the OP I can confirm it's about trade, which you are being challenged on , and coming up very very short."

Think you’ll find you answered my post and said it was the fault of the French.

So if you don’t have anything relevant to the loss of trade why did you post ?

You obviously have no clue.

So I will drone on about you lack on anything factual or constructive if you prefer?

Feel free to tell me how the trucks importing Korean made cars through Bristol help our food exports to the EU or are in any way the fault of the French.

Manchester

I have 3 friends who export to the EU and are now struggling and are close to going out of business because of Brexit, do you believe me? Yes why should I not it is happening combined with covid not helping.

Copanies suceed and fail all the time for many reasons there will be casualties because of Brexit but there will be successes as in life"

Not all in the EU are scum either so please apologise as I have relatives there too so personally find your post offensive!

westerham

"The OP is nothing to do with lack of trucks. You’re the only one droning on about a lack of trucks.

As the OP I can confirm it's about trade, which you are being challenged on , and coming up very very short.

So I will drone on about you lack on anything factual or constructive if you prefer?

Feel free to tell me how the trucks importing Korean made cars through Bristol help our food exports to the EU or are in any way the fault of the French.

"

You’re just randomly swinging around from subject to subject like Michel Barnier looking for the next whisky cabinet. We’re onto food exports now are we?

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Jackal1 one of the few making any sense on this forum."

Many of the more rabid pro brexiteers wont even engage him as he knows what he is talking about.

Manchester

You’re just randomly swinging around from subject to subject like Michel Barnier looking for the next whisky cabinet. We’re onto food exports now are we? "

Did you read the original post or just mine? I’m flattered.

Cambridge

"Hi gents

Supply and demand

"

If as you say the price of using a UK based haulier is double or treble that of a Continental one , it would indicate that the rates which you were paying previously were simply back load rates just to fill a truck for the return journey and were unsustainable in the long term . Have you attempted to break down the quotes from UK hauliers and identify why the rates are so much higher . ? Is it due to fuel , shipping , wage or vehicle costs. It is possible that a one off quote for a particular load may be twice or three times the price , but I am sure that if any company establishes a long term relationship with a UK haulier they will obtain competitive rates. It is an industry where margins are wafer thin and costs are comparatively easy to estimate. Ignoring overheads such as office rent you know fuel costs per mile , depreciation or lease costs per week , drivers wage costs , insurance and road tax plus repair costs. With this information it should be possible to identify the reasons for the difference in costs between a UK based and Continental haulier . As a percentage, what percentage does the value transport costs represent against the total value of the product that you sell.

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

VAT rates and rules vary in each EU state. Sweden now has replacement part VAT rate which is cheaper than its standard rate, other states are thinking along these lines also. Even when we where in the EU, Norway and Denmark had agreed with the EU to collect their own VAT, their citizens never paid UK VAT when purchasing from the UK. Sweden has just decided to do this also. How this will affect them later this year who knows, as I am not sure they can opt out of EOSS.

Just shows how daft it is on the continent, a consignment sent to a customer in Germany was tracked to Leipzig and the customer charged German VAT pretty quickly as the paperwork was perfect and the customer paid it. The German courier failed to deliver the consignment, when the failed delivery was reported and they could not find it, they said take it up with the supplier, what a bloody cheek.

We import from China, Taiwan, Australia, USA and the EU, most cases we use our global courier and don't have problems, we retail to over 38 countries, mainly outside the UK and EU, without issue. Country of origin is not an issue either as for sometime now some parts we retail are subject to trade embargoes that apply to those items.

upton wirral

Copanies suceed and fail all the time for many reasons there will be casualties because of Brexit but there will be successes as in life

If they are down to brexit, they are avoidable."

Pathetic

upton wirral

Not all in the EU are scum either so please apologise as I have relatives there too so personally find your post offensive!

"

Returning the mud thats all you hate it when you cannot bully pathtic

By *L RogueMan  over a year ago

London

Returning the mud thats all you hate it when you cannot bully pathtic"

Wow...

Manchester

"Hi gents

Supply and demand

If as you say the price of using a UK based haulier is double or treble that of a Continental one , it would indicate that the rates which you were paying previously were simply back load rates just to fill a truck for the return journey and were unsustainable in the long term . Have you attempted to break down the quotes from UK hauliers and identify why the rates are so much higher . ? Is it due to fuel , shipping , wage or vehicle costs. It is possible that a one off quote for a particular load may be twice or three times the price , but I am sure that if any company establishes a long term relationship with a UK haulier they will obtain competitive rates. It is an industry where margins are wafer thin and costs are comparatively easy to estimate. Ignoring overheads such as office rent you know fuel costs per mile , depreciation or lease costs per week , drivers wage costs , insurance and road tax plus repair costs. With this information it should be possible to identify the reasons for the difference in costs between a UK based and Continental haulier . As a percentage, what percentage does the value transport costs represent against the total value of the product that you sell. "

It’s because we import more than we export so the primary journeys start in the EU. That is the driving factor.

Most trailer operators calculate from the EU to the U.K. then all costs back to at least the EU ports of entry on return.

If they have no export from the U.K. they can secure cargo from the continental docks or industrial producers to contribute to their journey home. Many times this will pay better than a U.K. export.

I’ve been involved in large scale logistics for over 35 years so your suggestion on calculations is futile I assure you. Those unsustainable rates you mention have been there for those 35 years. Ferry companies charge more for imports than exports based on the imbalance. .

I have very good relations with U.K. hauliers as we have domestic business . They cannot entertain even getting close to our export rates. We can’t even use our own trucks as it’s too costly in comparison.

Brexit is affecting the market rates which is why we are moving the high volume business lanes out of the U.K.

The majors such as Unilever will be watching transport rates closely on their tender platforms.

If it gets too costly production will move.

Manchester

"VAT rates and rules vary in each EU state. Sweden now has replacement part VAT rate which is cheaper than its standard rate, other states are thinking along these lines also. Even when we where in the EU, Norway and Denmark had agreed with the EU to collect their own VAT, their citizens never paid UK VAT when purchasing from the UK. Sweden has just decided to do this also. How this will affect them later this year who knows, as I am not sure they can opt out of EOSS.

Just shows how daft it is on the continent, a consignment sent to a customer in Germany was tracked to Leipzig and the customer charged German VAT pretty quickly as the paperwork was perfect and the customer paid it. The German courier failed to deliver the consignment, when the failed delivery was reported and they could not find it, they said take it up with the supplier, what a bloody cheek.

We import from China, Taiwan, Australia, USA and the EU, most cases we use our global courier and don't have problems, we retail to over 38 countries, mainly outside the UK and EU, without issue. Country of origin is not an issue either as for sometime now some parts we retail are subject to trade embargoes that apply to those items. "

That’s all very interesting on how you send parcels .

Now please feel free to answer my questions on VAT rules on B2B business on our exports to each of the countries I’ve mentioned.

You making it seem life is rosy in the garden and as you mention using OST you are retailing.

Big business as you know doesn’t retail it’s full loads so you’re chirpy “it’s all rosy” doesn’t apply to my question.

Although your customer as you pointed out did pay more whether they received it or not is another issue.

Are your retail customers able to claim the vat back or do they have to suck it up? (I know the answer). Your customers are paying more either way aren’t they unless you pick up the tab which isn’t good for your margin.

Retail online is growing and I think the U.K. exported globally £16 B in 2018 (£8B to the EU) but it’s a fraction of the hundreds of billions of B2B exports to the EU which is where the big problems are.

Fiscal status rules and Logistics vat rules vary from country to country.

Years ago we had to start our fiscal experience with Norway which is very complicated and restrictive so then we had a good grounding for our expansion over the years. The EU was so much easier to trade with . Just sell and invoice. Simple .

Brexit is costing huge sums of money to business.

Btw I can give you a lot of examples of how “daft” HMRC are in the U.K. with their procedures. It’s a shambles . Each port we use has a different procedure to follow.. it’s embarrassing to witness.

By *uietbloke67Man  over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

Hey ...as long as our masters off shore tax havens are safe, we just have to enjoy the shit show.

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

"My export business to the EU has never been better. Riddle me that. My friends business is the same"

& I know several people who’s European business has tanked

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Yeah hot air seems to be a wonderful export these days.....

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

Things you can say on an anonymous forum even if it is complete nonsense.

» Add a new message to this topic