FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Pound soars to 1.17 Euros

Pound soars to 1.17 Euros

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uliaChris OP   Couple  over a year ago

westerham

Exactly as I’ve predicted, pound still soaring, now at 1.17 Euros, isn’t it great ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I remember getting 1.44 many moons ago

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

It needs to get back to 1.5 before I get excited.

"Exactly as I’ve predicted, pound still soaring, now at 1.17 Euros, isn’t it great ? "

Excellent, stick to this pro brexit, pro lobster eating Alan partridge type comedy.

This is much funnier than your anti-anti-racist rants you've been on of late.

"I remember getting 1.44 many moons ago "

Yes when I bought my house in France I got 1.40.

"Exactly as I’ve predicted, pound still soaring, now at 1.17 Euros, isn’t it great ? "

Up 0.004 since yesterday, lobster time ?

"I remember getting 1.44 many moons ago

Yes when I bought my house in France I got 1.40."

Pre Brexit ? Unfortunately those days are long gone

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 09/03/21 08:25:13]

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

As an exporter to the EU, this must be hitting you hard...

“ The exchange rate has an effect on the trade surplus or deficit, which in turn affects the exchange rate, and so on. In general, however, a weaker domestic currency stimulates exports and makes imports more expensive. Conversely, a strong domestic currency hampers exports and makes imports cheaper.”

westerham

"Exactly as I’ve predicted, pound still soaring, now at 1.17 Euros, isn’t it great ?

“ The exchange rate has an effect on the trade surplus or deficit, which in turn affects the exchange rate, and so on. In general, however, a weaker domestic currency stimulates exports and makes imports more expensive. Conversely, a strong domestic currency hampers exports and makes imports cheaper.”"

I import and export and being quite smart I hedge currency a bit as well. Everything is going great thanks

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"It needs to get back to 1.5 before I get excited.

"

Now your being silly

Now your being silly"

Yeah that is silly. There's no hope of getting back to pre-referendum values for the pound.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Now your being silly

Yeah that is silly. There's no hope of getting back to pre-referendum values for the pound. "

Says?

It’s fantastic for us who live in the EU, but paid by a Uk based company

Now your being silly

Yeah that is silly. There's no hope of getting back to pre-referendum values for the pound.

Says? "

The two people above said.

westerham

Now your being silly

Says?

The two people above said."

If there is no level of the pound that is remotely interesting to remainers then just let me know and I won't trouble you again with updates about how much better we are doing than Europe

Now your being silly

Says?

If there is no level of the pound that is remotely interesting to remainers then just let me know and I won't trouble you again with updates about how much better we are doing than Europe "

Come back when it is at 1.40 ,

Now your being silly

Says?

If there is no level of the pound that is remotely interesting to remainers then just let me know and I won't trouble you again with updates about how much better we are doing than Europe "

Pre brexit referendum level values would be interesting.

Temporary micro fluctuations are not interesting.

westerham

Now your being silly

Says?

If there is no level of the pound that is remotely interesting to remainers then just let me know and I won't trouble you again with updates about how much better we are doing than Europe

Temporary micro fluctuations are not interesting."

In fact if there is no brexit good news that you are interested in at all, again, let me know, and I won't trouble you with that either

Now your being silly

Says?

In fact if there is no brexit good news that you are interested in at all, again, let me know, and I won't trouble you with that either "

Is at 1.40 ?

Now your being silly

Says?

In fact if there is no brexit good news that you are interested in at all, again, let me know, and I won't trouble you with that either "

All open for some brexit good news.

So far you've hit us with the UK to ban foir gras, which we could have done as a member of the EU anyway.

And micro currency fluctuations, with the value of the pound way way down from pre brexit referendum levels.

So far you're not doing very well. But we're all rooting for you.

Maldon

Now your being silly"

Not at all. That’s where it was a while back. If it dropped under that then the Magnum ice creams became expensive when on holiday and I had to ration them to the kids.

Maldon

"Exactly as I’ve predicted, pound still soaring, now at 1.17 Euros, isn’t it great ?

“ The exchange rate has an effect on the trade surplus or deficit, which in turn affects the exchange rate, and so on. In general, however, a weaker domestic currency stimulates exports and makes imports more expensive. Conversely, a strong domestic currency hampers exports and makes imports cheaper.”

I import and export and being quite smart I hedge currency a bit as well. Everything is going great thanks "

Import and export usually provides a ‘natural hedge’.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Now your being silly

Says?

In fact if there is no brexit good news that you are interested in at all, again, let me know, and I won't trouble you with that either

So far you've hit us with the UK to ban foir gras, which we could have done as a member of the EU anyway.

And micro currency fluctuations, with the value of the pound way way down from pre brexit referendum levels.

So far you're not doing very well. But we're all rooting for you. "

You still refuse to believe that we could not ban the import of foir gras from the eu as a member even though it has been pointed out that we couldnt? if you are going to debate dont lie.

Now your being silly

Says?

So far you're not doing very well. But we're all rooting for you. You still refuse to believe that we could not ban the import of foir gras from the eu as a member even though it has been pointed out that we couldnt? if you are going to debate dont lie. "

I don't know who pointed what out. Or what you're talking about.

Still, if this is the best pro brexit argument on the go right now. Then things are looking bleak.

Chudleigh

I import and export and being quite smart I hedge currency a bit as well. Everything is going great thanks "

So the exchange rate is irrelevant to you then? Why are you so fixated on it?

westerham

I import and export and being quite smart I hedge currency a bit as well. Everything is going great thanks

So the exchange rate is irrelevant to you then? Why are you so fixated on it?"

I've explained how I'm planning on eating lobster overlooking the Aegean in the summer

I've explained how I'm planning on eating lobster overlooking the Aegean in the summer "

Are you unable to enjoy lobster on holiday without temporary micro currency fluctuations?

Chudleigh

I've explained how I'm planning on eating lobster overlooking the Aegean in the summer "

Cold water Lobster is way better, try going to the Outer Hebrides instead - holiday in the Uk!

By *losguygl3Man  over a year ago

Gloucester

Soars!?!? Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Your ludicrous nonsense gets funnier every day

I've explained how I'm planning on eating lobster overlooking the Aegean in the summer

Cold water Lobster is way better, try going to the Outer Hebrides instead - holiday in the Uk!"

Nah he couldnt be happy in a Place that wanted to be seperate from its bigger neighbour .

You know what the Little Englandshires are like .

Waving there Union Flags whislt talking about Harry the dragon & St George !

westerham

Cold water Lobster is way better, try going to the Outer Hebrides instead - holiday in the Uk!"

In fact I'll be around Dornoch in the summer so on your recommendation I shall try some crustaceans there. Better be good.

By *rench letterCouple  over a year ago

Chorley,

It was a lot better before June 2016. So Brexit has no benefit at all.

near ipswich

It was a lot better before June 2016. So Brexit has no benefit at all. "

It depends how you look at it .

It was a lot better before June 2016. So Brexit has no benefit at all. It depends how you look at it . "

Absolutely, if you own an investment company. Let's call them "Comerset Sapital". And you short the pound, then campaign for brexit, tank the value of the pound. Then it's fucking great. You make millions.

Chudleigh

Cold water Lobster is way better, try going to the Outer Hebrides instead - holiday in the Uk!

In fact I'll be around Dornoch in the summer so on your recommendation I shall try some crustaceans there. Better be good. "

Of course any holiday abroad is bad for the balance of payments & it will deflate the value of the £. If I was you I’d avoid going abroad at all, encourage Tourists to come here and get them to buy £. I feel you are being a bit half hearted in your love of £ if you are prepared to devalue it with a holiday in the Aegean

westerham

In fact I'll be around Dornoch in the summer so on your recommendation I shall try some crustaceans there. Better be good.

Of course any holiday abroad is bad for the balance of payments & it will deflate the value of the £. If I was you I’d avoid going abroad at all, encourage Tourists to come here and get them to buy £. I feel you are being a bit half hearted in your love of £ if you are prepared to devalue it with a holiday in the Aegean "

I've also previously explained that I feel an obligation to our European cousins to spend some of my Brexit profits supporting their faltering economies.

We don't want Europe to decline any further, they have more rough waters ahead with a now missing 9 billion quid.

Chudleigh

Of course any holiday abroad is bad for the balance of payments & it will deflate the value of the £. If I was you I’d avoid going abroad at all, encourage Tourists to come here and get them to buy £. I feel you are being a bit half hearted in your love of £ if you are prepared to devalue it with a holiday in the Aegean

I've also previously explained that I feel an obligation to our European cousins to spend some of my Brexit profits supporting their faltering economies.

We don't want Europe to decline any further, they have more rough waters ahead with a now missing 9 billion quid. "

As you well know, we are still paying for a few years, so they aren’t missing out just yet. Best leave holidays abroad for a few years and support the UK

We don't want Europe to decline any further, they have more rough waters ahead with a now missing 9 billion quid. "

Where do you get the £9 billion from?

Great now crawfish for dinner

"Great now crawfish for dinner "

Don't confuse the OP.

westerham

We don't want Europe to decline any further, they have more rough waters ahead with a now missing 9 billion quid.

Where do you get the £9 billion from? "

Were not gonna have the primary school lesson about gross and net again are we?

"Great now crawfish for dinner

Don't confuse the OP.

"

Lol craving them sorry

Were not gonna have the primary school lesson about gross and net again are we? "

I enjoyed your Alan Partridge style explainations where you confuse and contradict yourself.

Can we have some more?

Were not gonna have the primary school lesson about gross and net again are we? "

We are still paying, £340,000 an hour the last time I checked, your lack of attention to detail is destroying what is left of your credibility

We are still paying, £340,000 an hour the last time I checked, your lack of attention to detail is destroying what is left of your credibility "

He Had Credability ?

I must have missed that ?

We are still paying, £340,000 an hour the last time I checked, your lack of attention to detail is destroying what is left of your credibility

He Had Credability ?

I must have missed that ?"

Yes, it was for 5 minutes last Weds at 16.00,

near ipswich

I wouldn't bank on going abroad this year to help them out what with the slow rollout of vaccines and the rising number of cases week on week in europe .They may say its ok to come but think the uk government will have something to say unless they get the numbers down to uk levels.

"I wouldn't bank on going abroad this year to help them out what with the slow rollout of vaccines and the rising number of cases week on week in europe .They may say its ok to come but think the uk government will have something to say unless they get the numbers down to uk levels. "

I went to Italy last year, why would this year be less likely?

near ipswich

"I wouldn't bank on going abroad this year to help them out what with the slow rollout of vaccines and the rising number of cases week on week in europe .They may say its ok to come but think the uk government will have something to say unless they get the numbers down to uk levels.

I went to Italy last year, why would this year be less likely? "

You must have missed the covid ban on travel.

"I wouldn't bank on going abroad this year to help them out what with the slow rollout of vaccines and the rising number of cases week on week in europe .They may say its ok to come but think the uk government will have something to say unless they get the numbers down to uk levels.

I went to Italy last year, why would this year be less likely? You must have missed the covid ban on travel. "

I didn’t miss it, there was a ban last year as well . We are more likely to get a holiday abroad this year rather than last year .

near ipswich

I went to Italy last year, why would this year be less likely? You must have missed the covid ban on travel.

I didn’t miss it, there was a ban last year as well . We are more likely to get a holiday abroad this year rather than last year . "

It is illegal to travel abroad from the uk without good reason holidays do not count. Now unless other countries get their infection rates down i cannot see the government lifting the ban and dont blame them.

I went to Italy last year, why would this year be less likely? You must have missed the covid ban on travel.

I didn’t miss it, there was a ban last year as well . We are more likely to get a holiday abroad this year rather than last year . It is illegal to travel abroad from the uk without good reason holidays do not count. Now unless other countries get their infection rates down i cannot see the government lifting the ban and dont blame them."

I agree with that but there was a ban on countries last year and we are in a far better position this year .

near ipswich

I didn’t miss it, there was a ban last year as well . We are more likely to get a holiday abroad this year rather than last year . It is illegal to travel abroad from the uk without good reason holidays do not count. Now unless other countries get their infection rates down i cannot see the government lifting the ban and dont blame them.

I agree with that but there was a ban on countries last year and we are in a far better position this year . "

we are they are not.

I didn’t miss it, there was a ban last year as well . We are more likely to get a holiday abroad this year rather than last year . It is illegal to travel abroad from the uk without good reason holidays do not count. Now unless other countries get their infection rates down i cannot see the government lifting the ban and dont blame them.

I agree with that but there was a ban on countries last year and we are in a far better position this year . we are they are not."

Some are, some aren’t, last summer the daily cases and deaths in Italy were extremely low, I doubt it will be any different this summer .

near ipswich

I agree with that but there was a ban on countries last year and we are in a far better position this year . we are they are not.

Some are, some aren’t, last summer the daily cases and deaths in Italy were extremely low, I doubt it will be any different this summer . "

I hope you are right im just saying i cant see the gov letting people go away if numbers are a lot higher than the uk.I shall be doing my bit for the uk and staying put this year unless things change dramatically.

I agree with that but there was a ban on countries last year and we are in a far better position this year . we are they are not.

Some are, some aren’t, last summer the daily cases and deaths in Italy were extremely low, I doubt it will be any different this summer . I hope you are right im just saying i cant see the gov letting people go away if numbers are a lot higher than the uk.I shall be doing my bit for the uk and staying put this year unless things change dramatically."

Italy averaged about 10 deaths a day from mid June till mid October, if that is the same this year i will feel safe to travel

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

Some are, some aren’t, last summer the daily cases and deaths in Italy were extremely low, I doubt it will be any different this summer . I hope you are right im just saying i cant see the gov letting people go away if numbers are a lot higher than the uk.I shall be doing my bit for the uk and staying put this year unless things change dramatically."

just moved our hol to sept so fingers crossed

Some are, some aren’t, last summer the daily cases and deaths in Italy were extremely low, I doubt it will be any different this summer . I hope you are right im just saying i cant see the gov letting people go away if numbers are a lot higher than the uk.I shall be doing my bit for the uk and staying put this year unless things change dramatically.just moved our hol to sept so fingers crossed "

Where are you going?

westerham

Some are, some aren’t, last summer the daily cases and deaths in Italy were extremely low, I doubt it will be any different this summer . I hope you are right im just saying i cant see the gov letting people go away if numbers are a lot higher than the uk.I shall be doing my bit for the uk and staying put this year unless things change dramatically.

Italy averaged about 10 deaths a day from mid June till mid October, if that is the same this year i will feel safe to travel "

Currently at 200 a day thanks to Brussels bureaucracy

Some are, some aren’t, last summer the daily cases and deaths in Italy were extremely low, I doubt it will be any different this summer . I hope you are right im just saying i cant see the gov letting people go away if numbers are a lot higher than the uk.I shall be doing my bit for the uk and staying put this year unless things change dramatically.

Italy averaged about 10 deaths a day from mid June till mid October, if that is the same this year i will feel safe to travel

Currently at 200 a day thanks to Brussels bureaucracy "

We are in March, not mid June till October, try and keep up Chris

near ipswich

We are in March, not mid June till October, try and keep up Chris "

so you are banking on the same thing happening without the same lockdown measures in place this time?

We are in March, not mid June till October, try and keep up Chris so you are banking on the same thing happening without the same lockdown measures in place this time?"

I hope so, I think everyone is better prepared and in a better situation than last year, tile will tell though

We are in March, not mid June till October, try and keep up Chris so you are banking on the same thing happening without the same lockdown measures in place this time?

I hope so, I think everyone is better prepared and in a better situation than last year, tile will tell though "

Time

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"In fact if there is no brexit good news that you are interested in at all, again, let me know, and I won't trouble you with that either "

I think the country is craving for good and sustainable news that delivers an unequivocal message.

Unfortunately the GBP/EUR rate fluctuating as it has around 1.1 since the referendum is not an unequivocal message.

Also if you are even half as smart as you claim to be, you would know that exchange rates fluctuate because of the economic health forecast of both sides. A rising £ against one currency may have more to do with the other currency than the £ - and vice versa.

Most people on here can remember a sustained GBP/EUR rate of 1.4 and that is good for outbound tourists an purchases of EU products. The rate has remained in the doldrums for the last five years because investors saw a less healthy U.K. forecast than an EU forecast. Now unfortunately, the U.K. forecast could improve, but if the EU forecast also improves, we still retain a low rate.

The U.K. needs good, long term sustainable news. For example, Companies and investors vocally queueing at the borders to put their faith in Brexit Britain would be great - and would help. But they are not, even vocal Brexiters are investing elsewhere.

Brexit cannot be a success based on it not being as crap as it could have been. It needs to deliver meaningful success to ordinary people, many who voted for it on the belief of a better future. For now, Brexit is just looking like what many Remainers said it would be... An elitist opportunity to keep ordinary folk where they belong and transfer even more wealth upwards. I mean, I could be wrong, but nothing is easier for anyone (and will get more difficult in April). Travel will have more hassle associated with it and GBP is still depressed. Turin has replaced Erasmus and is now good for wealthy students, crap for ordinary students. Nothing is any cheaper.... I could go on.

Meanwhile some random bloke on an anonymous swingers site says that his import/export business with the EU is booming BECAUSE it is now more complicated with non-tariff friction.

Uhm....

OK

westerham

"In fact if there is no brexit good news that you are interested in at all, again, let me know, and I won't trouble you with that either

I think the country is craving for good and sustainable news that delivers an unequivocal message.

Unfortunately the GBP/EUR rate fluctuating as it has around 1.1 since the referendum is not an unequivocal message.

Also if you are even half as smart as you claim to be, you would know that exchange rates fluctuate because of the economic health forecast of both sides. A rising £ against one currency may have more to do with the other currency than the £ - and vice versa.

Most people on here can remember a sustained GBP/EUR rate of 1.4 and that is good for outbound tourists an purchases of EU products. The rate has remained in the doldrums for the last five years because investors saw a less healthy U.K. forecast than an EU forecast. Now unfortunately, the U.K. forecast could improve, but if the EU forecast also improves, we still retain a low rate.

The U.K. needs good, long term sustainable news. For example, Companies and investors vocally queueing at the borders to put their faith in Brexit Britain would be great - and would help. But they are not, even vocal Brexiters are investing elsewhere.

Brexit cannot be a success based on it not being as crap as it could have been. It needs to deliver meaningful success to ordinary people, many who voted for it on the belief of a better future. For now, Brexit is just looking like what many Remainers said it would be... An elitist opportunity to keep ordinary folk where they belong and transfer even more wealth upwards. I mean, I could be wrong, but nothing is easier for anyone (and will get more difficult in April). Travel will have more hassle associated with it and GBP is still depressed. Turin has replaced Erasmus and is now good for wealthy students, crap for ordinary students. Nothing is any cheaper.... I could go on.

Meanwhile some random bloke on an anonymous swingers site says that his import/export business with the EU is booming BECAUSE it is now more complicated with non-tariff friction.

Uhm....

OK"

I’ve noticed as your posts get longer they have less and less content. Try and edit them down a little so we can stand a chance of making out the odd salient point.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"In fact if there is no brexit good news that you are interested in at all, again, let me know, and I won't trouble you with that either

Uhm....

OK

I’ve noticed as your posts get longer they have less and less content. Try and edit them down a little so we can stand a chance of making out the odd salient point."

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

Uhm....

OK

I’ve noticed as your posts get longer they have less and less content. Try and edit them down a little so we can stand a chance of making out the odd salient point."

Sorry mate - I forgot.

Small words, short sentences and slogans are for your ilk.

“You can’t polish the Brexit turd.”

I agree with that but there was a ban on countries last year and we are in a far better position this year . "

we are in a far better position that opening the border puts at risk , last year we didn’t have a vaccine roll out well underway that a foreign strain could put back to square 1

i really really hope we get abroad this year but i dont think we can safely say it is more likely than last year

By *asualandFeistyCouple  over a year ago

Uxbridge

I'd suggest the exchange rate has very little impact on most working class peoples lives.

Give me a heads up when the minimum wage becomes livable, public services are running smoothly, and there are no homeless people.

Brexit was nothing more than a cash grab by those with money already in the bank.

Pre Brexit ? Unfortunately those days are long gone "

Yes of course - about 6 years ago. I am considering selling it now if I don’t go back full time and if so would like the exchange rate to be low - win/win situation.

near ipswich

Yes of course - about 6 years ago. I am considering selling it now if I don’t go back full time and if so would like the exchange rate to be low - win/win situation. "

I did the same with mine in spain bought at 1.50 sold at 1.10 happy days.

Yes of course - about 6 years ago. I am considering selling it now if I don’t go back full time and if so would like the exchange rate to be low - win/win situation. I did the same with mine in spain bought at 1.50 sold at 1.10 happy days. "

Now I know why you voted for Brexit

near ipswich

Yes of course - about 6 years ago. I am considering selling it now if I don’t go back full time and if so would like the exchange rate to be low - win/win situation. I did the same with mine in spain bought at 1.50 sold at 1.10 happy days.

Now I know why you voted for Brexit "

I told you why, to get rid of all the freeloaders in brussels we need less rule makers not more.

Yes of course - about 6 years ago. I am considering selling it now if I don’t go back full time and if so would like the exchange rate to be low - win/win situation. I did the same with mine in spain bought at 1.50 sold at 1.10 happy days.

Now I know why you voted for Brexit I told you why, to get rid of all the freeloaders in brussels we need less rule makers not more."

I bet you made a nice little earner on the pound tanking

Yes of course - about 6 years ago. I am considering selling it now if I don’t go back full time and if so would like the exchange rate to be low - win/win situation. I did the same with mine in spain bought at 1.50 sold at 1.10 happy days. "

Now imagine you owned an investment company. And imagine you were an MP, and you campaigned hard for brexit, for years, promoting misinformation. And the pound took a massive hit.

Let's imagine you called it Pumerset Capital. Imagine the billions you could have made.

Now imagine you owned an investment company. And imagine you were an MP, and you campaigned hard for brexit, for years, promoting misinformation. And the pound took a massive hit.

Let's imagine you called it Pumerset Capital. Imagine the billions you could have made."

I have heard of Pumerset Capital, is it owned by an odious cunt called Racob Jees Bogg

Chudleigh

Now I know why you voted for Brexit I told you why, to get rid of all the freeloaders in brussels we need less rule makers not more."

We need our own freeloaders as they are a damn site more effective at screwing the Country & because they are our freeloaders we don’t care!?

Yes it’s often the only way to make a profit

Completely agree - my French neighbours want Frexit and a return to a decent lifestyle.

By *aulupforitMan  over a year ago

Tynemouth

I got my last lot at £1.54 when the going was good so I had enough for my hols for a few years to come and next hol will be the last on £1.54

near ipswich

"I got my last lot at £1.54 when the going was good so I had enough for my hols for a few years to come and next hol will be the last on £1.54 "
Do you mean 1.54 e to the pound ? you must have bought them a long time ago its not been that rate since between 2004 and 2007 your money would have depreciated a lot in that time.

Tynemouth

Yep that is what I meant,Can hardly depreciate when I have 1-54 compared to today’s rate and think it was 2006 when I got them.

Will have to cash in my bit coins soon anyway after this as market has gone silly now.

Still have my stocks and shares and also my pro betting system running in the background even when computer is switched off as runs in the background.

By *ioloCouple  over a year ago

Basingstoke

Not really sure what the OP is trying to prove with the exchange rate. 6-7 years ago the pound was 1.4 euros, happy days etc. Now pound is way less. On top of that wages went up nearly everywhere in Europe, prices as well but wages quite stagnant in UK. At the moment minimum wages are pretty much the same in UK, France and Germany. However France has a shorter week, more holidays etc. , not sure about Germany. Plus there are more people close to the minimum wage in Uk than in other countries. Like it or not ,this country imports a lot, irrelevant where from. At the moment looks like every British is about 20-30% poorer than few years ago.

near ipswich

"Yep that is what I meant,Can hardly depreciate when I have 1-54 compared to today’s rate and think it was 2006 when I got them.

Will have to cash in my bit coins soon anyway after this as market has gone silly now.

Still have my stocks and shares and also my pro betting system running in the background even when computer is switched off as runs in the background. "

Well it can the purchasing power of £100 pounds back then is equivalent to £136 today .

westerham

"Yep that is what I meant,Can hardly depreciate when I have 1-54 compared to today’s rate and think it was 2006 when I got them.

Still have my stocks and shares and also my pro betting system running in the background even when computer is switched off as runs in the background. Well it can the purchasing power of £100 pounds back then is equivalent to £136 today . "

Indeed, he has not made money by holding onto cash for 15 years.

westerham

"Not really sure what the OP is trying to prove with the exchange rate. 6-7 years ago the pound was 1.4 euros, happy days etc. Now pound is way less. On top of that wages went up nearly everywhere in Europe, prices as well but wages quite stagnant in UK. At the moment minimum wages are pretty much the same in UK, France and Germany. However France has a shorter week, more holidays etc. , not sure about Germany. Plus there are more people close to the minimum wage in Uk than in other countries. Like it or not ,this country imports a lot, irrelevant where from. At the moment looks like every British is about 20-30% poorer than few years ago. "

The point? You've just made the point very eloquently yourself. We've been in Europe 44 years and look what it's done to our economy. Completely fucked over the lowest paid with wage compression due to the free movement of labour.

Brexit starts to redress that balance and stop the race to the bottom we've seen.

By *or Fox SakeCouple  over a year ago

Thornaby

"Not really sure what the OP is trying to prove with the exchange rate. 6-7 years ago the pound was 1.4 euros, happy days etc. Now pound is way less. On top of that wages went up nearly everywhere in Europe, prices as well but wages quite stagnant in UK. At the moment minimum wages are pretty much the same in UK, France and Germany. However France has a shorter week, more holidays etc. , not sure about Germany. Plus there are more people close to the minimum wage in Uk than in other countries. Like it or not ,this country imports a lot, irrelevant where from. At the moment looks like every British is about 20-30% poorer than few years ago.

The point? You've just made the point very eloquently yourself. We've been in Europe 44 years and look what it's done to our economy. Completely fucked over the lowest paid with wage compression due to the free movement of labour.

Brexit starts to redress that balance and stop the race to the bottom we've seen. "

Your statement is inaccurate.

westerham

"Not really sure what the OP is trying to prove with the exchange rate. 6-7 years ago the pound was 1.4 euros, happy days etc. Now pound is way less. On top of that wages went up nearly everywhere in Europe, prices as well but wages quite stagnant in UK. At the moment minimum wages are pretty much the same in UK, France and Germany. However France has a shorter week, more holidays etc. , not sure about Germany. Plus there are more people close to the minimum wage in Uk than in other countries. Like it or not ,this country imports a lot, irrelevant where from. At the moment looks like every British is about 20-30% poorer than few years ago.

Brexit starts to redress that balance and stop the race to the bottom we've seen.

"

Think you'll find I'm know for my accuracy. I talk with top Professors about this sort of stuff.

Think you'll find I'm know for my accuracy. I talk with top Professors about this sort of stuff. "

What do these "top professors" have to say about your bizarre, non-fact based beliefs and opinions?

Thornaby

Think you'll find I'm know for my accuracy. I talk with top Professors about this sort of stuff. "

is your labrador a top professor?

westerham

Think you'll find I'm know for my accuracy. I talk with top Professors about this sort of stuff.

is your labrador a top professor?"

From the lack of content in your answers I can see you agree with me. Take the loss, move on

[Removed by poster at 11/03/21 10:07:44]

From the lack of content in your answers I can see you agree with me. Take the loss, move on "

So these top professors agree with you when you say that the pound at £1.17 is valued higher than when it was at £1.32 prior to the referendum?

Do they agree with your opinion that the pound dropped from £1.32 to £1.16 the day after the referendum result was announced, not because of the referendum result, but because of a man outside parliament with a megaphone?

Because if they do agree with you. I'm going to throw it out there, that this person isn't a proper professor, and is bullshitting you.

Chudleigh

Brexit starts to redress that balance and stop the race to the bottom we've seen. "

How does Brexit redress the balance? In many ways it accelerates the race to the bottom as it has tanked the economy. Only the rich are doing well and the poor are getting poorer. It gives our ‘trusted’ Govt the opportunity to ride a coach & horses through labour legislation, whilst protecting offshore tax havens.

Which ‘Professors’ are you actually listening to?

westerham

How does Brexit redress the balance? In many ways it accelerates the race to the bottom as it has tanked the economy. Only the rich are doing well and the poor are getting poorer. It gives our ‘trusted’ Govt the opportunity to ride a coach & horses through labour legislation, whilst protecting offshore tax havens.

"

Simple, just vote for whoever you think has got your best interests at heart re Labour legislation etc.

Your vote actually means something now, how about that for democracy?

Great isn't it

Thornaby

Simple, just vote for whoever you think has got your best interests at heart re Labour legislation etc.

Great isn't it "

you have not provided an answer to the question posed

Great isn't it "

So all this talking to professors stuff, is in fact, bollocks?

westerham

Great isn't it

you have not provided an answer to the question posed"

The question of how does Brexit redress the balance? Are you going to pay attention to the answer? (I know the answer sadly)

Brexit gives government the levers to control the movement and use of labour to this countries best advantage.

I will vote for whoever credibly offers the best standard of living to the largest quantity of people. We currently have millions of workers with little or no disposable income, which is miserable for them, and kills economic growth.

When Henry Ford setup his first car factory, he paid assembly workers double the normal rate.

Those workers could suddenly afford his cars, and they also put money back into the local economy to the munificent benefit of all.

Get it?

Great isn't it

The question of how does Brexit redress the balance? Are you going to pay attention to the answer? (I know the answer sadly)

Brexit gives government the levers to control the movement and use of labour to this countries best advantage.

I will vote for whoever credibly offers the best standard of living to the largest quantity of people. We currently have millions of workers with little or no disposable income, which is miserable for them, and kills economic growth.

When Henry Ford setup his first car factory, he paid assembly workers double the normal rate.

Those workers could suddenly afford his cars, and they also put money back into the local economy to the munificent benefit of all.

Get it?

"

Do you have any real life reasons, or is it all made up rhubarb like that, which ignores all the problems that brexit has caused?

Thornaby

Great isn't it

Get it?

"

a) government already had those powers

b) your use of the example of Ford is not appropriate, it applies to an economy with few leakages and no international integration

westerham

Great isn't it

Get it?

a) government already had those powers

b) your use of the example of Ford is not appropriate, it applies to an economy with few leakages and no international integration"

You'll find its often best to take a pause and reflect when someone has made a thoughtful post that challenges your prejudices.

Just take some time to have a little think about the Ford example, maybe compare it to the plight of 80,000 Amazon delivery drivers.

Tynemouth

Yep but it is still money at the end of the day,I took a chance when the rate was good and every holiday I have had has been paid for.I diid not need euros as already had them to buy stuff apart from paying for the holiday as always go self catering.

I bought a villa in Bulgaria 25 years ago when holiday firms hardly went to Bulgaria and paid 38000 in English money once transfer rate was done back then and now 4 times that price..

Land for sale in the uk is best bet now if you do not need cash flow.

By *amelhunterMan  over a year ago

newcastle

wow, really not something to get excited over.

newcastle

From the lack of content in your answers I can see you agree with me. Take the loss, move on "

so wrong, i think its more a northerners polite way of taking the piss out of you.

wow, really not something to get excited over. "

This thread is just a prank by the OP.

By *eparrain1Man  over a year ago

Stone

By *eparrain1Man  over a year ago

Stone

I can see a head swelling!

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

1.15"

Someone poke me when the £ gets to €1.51 until then I can't even pretend to get excited.

1.15"

Someone poke me when the £ gets to €1.51 until then I can't even pretend to get excited.

"

they gotta open the borders to let us go over and spend it too

1.15 today.

"1.15 today.

"

Not much ‘soaring ‘ then?

westerham

It's happening

"It's happening "

What's happening? Aside from the pound being consistently low against the Euro.

"It's happening

What's happening? Aside from the pound being consistently low against the Euro."

Maybe this is all part of the plan?

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"It's happening

"

I know some seem to struggle with Math but . . . GBP being consistently higher than the Euro. Even .1 is higher than the Euro so .15 is even higher than the Euro.

Doesn't matter how many ways you say it - until it's -.1 against the Euro it's MORE than the Euro.

Now your being silly

Says?

So far you're not doing very well. But we're all rooting for you. You still refuse to believe that we could not ban the import of foir gras from the eu as a member even though it has been pointed out that we couldnt? if you are going to debate dont lie. "

Totally goosed? Lol

[Removed by poster at 24/04/21 11:59:05]

"It's happening

I know some seem to struggle with Math but . . . GBP being consistently higher than the Euro. Even .1 is higher than the Euro so .15 is even higher than the Euro.

Doesn't matter how many ways you say it - until it's -.1 against the Euro it's MORE than the Euro. "

Right, so the fact it has dropped significantly since the referendum is irrelevant because it’s still above 1? Hilarious

[Removed by poster at 24/04/21 12:04:56]

"It's happening

Doesn't matter how many ways you say it - until it's -.1 against the Euro it's MORE than the Euro.

Right, so the fact it has dropped significantly since the referendum is irrelevant because it’s still above 1? Hilarious "

Yet STILL MORE than the Euro even in a World Pandemic and post Brexit !!!! I think that's Mega.

A statement of fact is just that - a statement of fact. But do remember one thing I didn't say 'anything' was irrelevant, But you did.

"It's happening

Right, so the fact it has dropped significantly since the referendum is irrelevant because it’s still above 1? Hilarious

Yet STILL MORE than the Euro even in a World Pandemic and post Brexit !!!! I think that's Mega.

A statement of fact is just that - a statement of fact. But do remember one thing I didn't say 'anything' was irrelevant, But you did."

Hilarious, this has to be the most deluded justification for the pound being weak to the euro I have ever heard.

"It's happening

A statement of fact is just that - a statement of fact. But do remember one thing I didn't say 'anything' was irrelevant, But you did."

They have also had a pandemic and are dealing with Brexit in the EU

"It's happening

A statement of fact is just that - a statement of fact. But do remember one thing I didn't say 'anything' was irrelevant, But you did.

They have also had a pandemic and are dealing with Brexit in the EU "

hahaha - proves my fact that GBP is doing better even in the same circumstances then.

"It's happening

They have also had a pandemic and are dealing with Brexit in the EU

hahaha - proves my fact that GBP is doing better even in the same circumstances then. "

It isn’t though, it has gone down to 1.15 again. Just to recap, are you suggesting that anything above 1 pound to 1 euro is seen as good news

"It's happening

Doesn't matter how many ways you say it - until it's -.1 against the Euro it's MORE than the Euro. "

Currency value is relative. The number "1" is an arbitrary unit.

In any case, brexit crashed the value of the pound. Where it remains relatively low and worth less than it was before the referendum. If that's cause for celebration, then fair play to you.

"It's happening

In any case, brexit crashed the value of the pound. Where it remains relatively low and worth less than it was before the referendum. If that's cause for celebration, then fair play to you. "

Well obviously MORE is worth celebrating than LESS is worth celebrating. Fair play indeed.

"It's happening

In any case, brexit crashed the value of the pound. Where it remains relatively low and worth less than it was before the referendum. If that's cause for celebration, then fair play to you.

Well obviously MORE is worth celebrating than LESS is worth celebrating. Fair play indeed. "

Haha, I can now see why you voted for Brexit

"It's happening

Well obviously MORE is worth celebrating than LESS is worth celebrating. Fair play indeed.

Haha, I can now see why you voted for Brexit "

See. There's the thing. You don't actually know what I voted do you?

"It's happening

Haha, I can now see why you voted for Brexit

See. There's the thing. You don't actually know what I voted do you?"

Judging by your comments on here it is difficult to tell if you know what day it is . Let me guess, you voted to remain but have been swayed and now are glad we have left and are fully supporting Brexit ?

In a world were less is more and more is less comes less world because it means more.

Meanwhile. In a pub where I have changed GBP and Klaus has changed Euro's it seems that Klaus will run short of beer money before I do. Never mind Klaus I'll be there to buy you a pint.

"In a world were less is more and more is less comes less world because it means more.

Meanwhile. In a pub where I have changed GBP and Klaus has changed Euro's it seems that Klaus will run short of beer money before I do. Never mind Klaus I'll be there to buy you a pint. "

That makes no sense

"In a world were less is more and more is less comes less world because it means more.

Meanwhile. In a pub where I have changed GBP and Klaus has changed Euro's it seems that Klaus will run short of beer money before I do. Never mind Klaus I'll be there to buy you a pint. "

Btw, who is Klaus?

Meanwhile. In a pub where I have changed GBP and Klaus has changed Euro's it seems that Klaus will run short of beer money before I do. Never mind Klaus I'll be there to buy you a pint.

That makes no sense "

I know. Poor Old Klaus he likes his beer too.

That makes no sense

I know. Poor Old Klaus he likes his beer too. "

Who is Klaus?

Btw, who is Klaus? "

Does it matter? He has euros and I have GBP to Euros, and I'm having to buy his next pint co's he ran out of money before I did. "ChinChin Klaus!!!"

Btw, who is Klaus?

Does it matter? He has euros and I have GBP to Euros, and I'm having to buy his next pint co's he ran out of money before I did. "ChinChin Klaus!!!""

Is everything ok?

Btw, who is Klaus?

Does it matter? He has euros and I have GBP to Euros, and I'm having to buy his next pint co's he ran out of money before I did. "ChinChin Klaus!!!"

Is everything ok? "

Klaus cried for a bit, thinking that the partyy had ended - but my German is passable, so he understands that the next pint is on me. "Come Klaus. Along with Me . . . Lustig ist das Zigeunerleben Lustig ist das Zigeunerleben,

Faria, fariaho.

Brauchen dem Kaiser kein Zins zu geben,

Faria, fariaho.

Lustig ist's im grünen Wald,

Wo des Zigeuners Aufenthalt.

Faria, faria, faria, faria,

Faria, fariaho."

Btw, who is Klaus?

Is everything ok?

Klaus cried for a bit, thinking that the partyy had ended - but my German is passable, so he understands that the next pint is on me. "Come Klaus. Along with Me . . . Lustig ist das Zigeunerleben Lustig ist das Zigeunerleben,

Faria, fariaho.

Faria, fariaho.

Faria, fariaho.""

O dear,

Btw, who is Klaus?

Is everything ok?

Faria, fariaho.

Faria, fariaho.

Faria, fariaho.""

I'll have one of what you're drinking.

Btw, who is Klaus?

Is everything ok?

Faria, fariaho.

Faria, fariaho.

Faria, fariaho."

"

Well us Brits can afford them after all . . . so I'm happy to buy you one.

Btw, who is Klaus?

Is everything ok?

Faria, fariaho.

Faria, fariaho.

Faria, fariaho."

Well us Brits can afford them after all . . . so I'm happy to buy you one. "

Again, that makes no sense

Btw, who is Klaus?

Is everything ok?

Faria, fariaho.

Faria, fariaho.

Faria, fariaho."

Again, that makes no sense "

It's German . . . It's about living like a Gypsy . . . not quite Nana Mouskouri in its passing of cultural experience and knowledge down the generations . . . but in parts, just as jaunty.

Btw, who is Klaus?

Is everything ok?

Faria, fariaho.

Faria, fariaho.

Faria, fariaho."

It's German . . . It's about living like a Gypsy . . . not quite Nana Mouskouri in its passing of cultural experience and knowledge down the generations . . . but in parts, just as jaunty. "

Right, are you having a Brexit breakdown ?

Btw, who is Klaus?

Is everything ok?

Faria, fariaho.

Faria, fariaho.

Faria, fariaho."

It's German . . . It's about living like a Gypsy . . . not quite Nana Mouskouri in its passing of cultural experience and knowledge down the generations . . . but in parts, just as jaunty.

Right, are you having a Brexit breakdown ? "

So you don't understand or use much German? Well that just seems that even though you supported your membership to the EU you weren't getting much value for money lol.

You are better off out.

Btw, who is Klaus?

Is everything ok?

Faria, fariaho.

Faria, fariaho.

Faria, fariaho."

So you don't understand or use much German? Well that just seems that even though you supported your membership to the EU you weren't getting much value for money lol.

You are better off out. "

That makes even less sense. I still don’t know who Klaus is,

"

You are better off out.

That makes even less sense. I still don’t know who Klaus is, "

Klaus is the guy who has run out of euros . . . keep up.

"

You are better off out.

Klaus is the guy who has run out of euros . . . keep up."

Why has klaus run out of euros ?

"

You are better off out.

Why has klaus run out of euros ? "

Because he didn't get as many as me for my GBP. poor Klaus.

"

You are better off out.

Because he didn't get as many as me for my GBP. poor Klaus."

Where does Klaus live?

"

You are better off out.

Where does Klaus live? "

In a House with his elderly Mom. They are finding it harder to make ends meet since they have to cough up the extra needed to fill the UK Brexit gap in funding.

"

You are better off out.

Where does Klaus live?

In a House with his elderly Mom. They are finding it harder to make ends meet since they have to cough up the extra needed to fill the UK Brexit gap in funding. "

He lives in England? Now it makes sense

"

You are better off out.

Where does Klaus live?

In a House with his elderly Mom. They are finding it harder to make ends meet since they have to cough up the extra needed to fill the UK Brexit gap in funding.

He lives in England? Now it makes sense "

nope he lives in Munchen. Germany.

Actually. Klaus is a real friend, and he is skitting me writing here lol. But at least he agrees that at some point i would have to chip in for another round cos his Euros would run out before mine.

By *L RogueMan  over a year ago

London

Bump!

"Bump! "

Haha, 1.40 by June, happy days

By *rench letterCouple  over a year ago

Chorley,

I would not say it is soaring at 1.15 was much better before the brexit vote. Think you are living in the clouds.

newcastle

nah not really, in fact its shit. as others have already said, it has been up around 1.44 euros to the pound!

"Bump!

Haha, 1.40 by June, happy days "

This thread was hilarious ,

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

What he means is he sends and receives parcels and when he says hedging currency, he means when he nips through one to change some currency at the post office!!

It’s all about interpretation.

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Cookstown

1.18 !!!!

She's gonna blow

By *isandhers691127Couple  over a year ago

Bournemouth

Great, thats the extra fuel, gas and food costs sorted now

» Add a new message to this topic