FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Nicola Sturgeon

Nicola Sturgeon

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ercury OP   Man  over a year ago

Grantham

MSPs have found that Nicola Sturgeon misled Parliament over Alex Salmond.

Being a lawyer, an MSP, the First Minister, then do we expect her to resign?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

I thought the ministerial code said that she must?

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS  over a year ago

Notts

Yep, 500,000 pounds of lies... or stay but pay it back,

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

Committee still discussing, with the actual report and confirmed wording to follow in the next few days.

As of this evening though there are details emerging that the committee have voted 5-4 that they believe Sturgeon has lied.

"Committee still discussing, with the actual report and confirmed wording to follow in the next few days.

As of this evening though there are details emerging that the committee have voted 5-4 that they believe Sturgeon has lied.

"

Oh dear! The eye aversion at every searching question did her for me.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

she wont go.

"she wont go. "

Nope.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I thought the ministerial code said that she must?"

The code says 'knowingly'. They have supposedly left that word out of the ruling.

Not sure what will happen from here but I doubt she will resign

By *ust some cock suckerMan  over a year ago

Preston

That's the majority of the Conservative government ministers and Boris that should also have gone but they haven't so I don't see why Nicola should.

Grantham

I think that there's another inquiry by an indepenent lawyer, looking at whether she specifically broke the Ministerial Code.

"I thought the ministerial code said that she must?

That's the majority of the Conservative government ministers and Boris that should also have gone but they haven't so I don't see why Nicola should. "

Boris is at Hollyrood?

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

A politician misleading people?

Shocking. I thought she was one of the good ones?

Notts

It's not for you to decide or for me to decide but for the people of scotland. ..

She has that on her loo door lol

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

No. It says she's expected to. If Hamilton finds that she did, she'll have to go.

As I've said on the subject before; if she doesn't, she'll be no better than the Tory hypocrites after her blood.

If she goes - or not - I'll still vote SNP. I want Scotland to become independent. The only other option is the Scottish Green Party; they're far more limited.

If any tories think I'd be a hypocrite to vote for a party with a dodgy leader; well ... really?

Lied to HMQ in order to try and prorogue Parliament ...

126,000 dead ...

£37 billion of taxpayers money given to their friends - for fuck all in return ...

Anyone who supports the shower of cunts responsible for all that, really doesn't get to criticise anyone who disagrees with them.

near ipswich

"It's not for you to decide or for me to decide but for the people of scotland. ..

She has that on her loo door lol "

Along with a few loo rolls i hope she is going to need them being knee deep in shit.

Ayr

"I think that there's another inquiry by an indepenent lawyer, looking at whether she specifically broke the Ministerial Code.

"

There is. If James Hamilton finds she's broken the code, she'll have to go.

If her deputy, Keith Brown, is eventually elected leader in her place, that might be a smart move.

In that event, the Tories will be attacking someone who isn't a woman, used to be a Royal Marine and served in the Falklands War.

I guess we'll see ...

No. It says she's expected to. If Hamilton finds that she did, she'll have to go.

As I've said on the subject before; if she doesn't, she'll be no better than the Tory hypocrites after her blood.

If she goes - or not - I'll still vote SNP. I want Scotland to become independent. The only other option is the Scottish Green Party; they're far more limited.

If any tories think I'd be a hypocrite to vote for a party with a dodgy leader; well ... really?

126,000 dead ...

£37 billion of taxpayers money given to their friends - for fuck all in return ...

Anyone who supports the shower of cunts responsible for all that, really doesn't get to criticise anyone who disagrees with them."

This confuses me somewhat.

You will happily vote for her because she promises independence even though she's the same as the Tories you hate oh so much?

I don't necessarily think it's hypocritical but I do find it weird that you'll support her lying but lambasting another party for the same thing

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"I think that there's another inquiry by an indepenent lawyer, looking at whether she specifically broke the Ministerial Code.

If her deputy, Keith Brown, is eventually elected leader in her place, that might be a smart move.

In that event, the Tories will be attacking someone who isn't a woman, used to be a Royal Marine and served in the Falklands War.

I guess we'll see ..."

I'm sure they will think of something

Remember ed millibands dad?

Notts

I guess we'll see ..."

There are and have been lots of great scots, but nicola isn't really interested in Scotland she's interested in being in charge, in my view

By *ssexbloke72Man  over a year ago

Poplar

126,000 dead ...

Anyone who supports the shower of cunts responsible for all that, really doesn't get to criticise anyone who disagrees with them."

You must have been reading Julie from Facebook.!

Read this instead.

https://fullfact.org/online/37bn-test-trace-spending/

126,000 dead ...

Anyone who supports the shower of cunts responsible for all that, really doesn't get to criticise anyone who disagrees with them.

Read this instead.

https://fullfact.org/online/37bn-test-trace-spending/"

The Truth is Out There.

Poplar

I guess we'll see ..."

Sounds like a patriotic man who was happy to serve Queen and Country.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

the bitch is a dicator and will go nowhere

Worth a read:

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/fmqs-sketch-forget-the-bombshell-truth-were-watching-electoral-trench-warfare-3170901

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

" the bitch is a dicator and will go nowhere"

Comments just like this have been fuelling the cause of Scottish Nationalism for years.

Ayr

126,000 dead ...

Read this instead.

https://fullfact.org/online/37bn-test-trace-spending/"

My apologies, it's only almost £20 billion. Which makes it all so very much more acceptable.

Would you like to absolve Boris of the 126,000 dead? Or are you content he's already said he takes full responsibility?

Ayr

I guess we'll see ...

Sounds like a patriotic man who was happy to serve Queen and Country. "

Indeed. And now he's content to break the UK up. Still patriotic?

Ayr

I guess we'll see ...

I'm sure they will think of something

Remember ed millibands dad?"

SNP Baaaaad! It's all they need.

Ayr

126,000 dead ...

This confuses me somewhat.

You will happily vote for her because she promises independence even though she's the same as the Tories you hate oh so much?

I don't necessarily think it's hypocritical but I do find it weird that you'll support her lying but lambasting another party for the same thing "

Firstly, I have never said I support her lying. If she's done so, she'll have to go; I've been very clear on that.

I said I'd vote SNP because I want independence. If she's still there because she won't quit - if she has to - I won't like it but it won't change my voting intention.

If I were to vote for a party with a liar for a leader, it would make me no different from any tory voter. I'd just have to live with the ignominy.

Sorry you got confused.

Poplar

126,000 dead ...

Read this instead.

My apologies, it's only almost £20 billion. Which makes it all so very much more acceptable.

Would you like to absolve Boris of the 126,000 dead? Or are you content he's already said he takes full responsibility?"

Isn't Health Care the responsibility of the devolved governments?

The first minister seems to think so as she does daily briefings on TV about it.

So in that respect I would say she is ultimately responsible for the Covid 19 deaths in Scotland.

Grantham

126,000 dead ...

Read this instead.

Would you like to absolve Boris of the 126,000 dead? Or are you content he's already said he takes full responsibility?

The first minister seems to think so as she does daily briefings on TV about it.

So in that respect I would say she is ultimately responsible for the Covid 19 deaths in Scotland.

"

Health powers are devolved matters. Unless its "convenient" to forget that.

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"MSPs have found that Nicola Sturgeon misled Parliament over Alex Salmond.

Being a lawyer, an MSP, the First Minister, then do we expect her to resign? "

I don’t think she will, power is what she has, it will be probably too hard to let go of it,

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

All comes down to the wording of the report, if it says knowingly missled i.e did it on purpose then she would have to go.

But i'm thinking it will be missled and then she will simply apologies and move on

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

"It's not for you to decide or for me to decide but for the people of scotland. ..

She has that on her loo door lol "

Preston

That's the majority of the Conservative government ministers and Boris that should also have gone but they haven't so I don't see why Nicola should.

Boris is at Hollyrood?"

If there's an equivalent code residing in the UK Parliament

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

Wouldn’t it be interesting if we could apply the same level of scrutiny to Westminster Politics. How many of the Cabinet would have had to resign by this measure?

North West

[Removed by poster at 19/03/21 07:53:27]

Ayr

126,000 dead ...

Read this instead.

"

Ok. Ultimately, Boris is. He's PM of the UK and has publicly assumed responsibility.

Allowing for your point - which he himself doesn't - he's only responsible for 111,000 deaths.

So much more acceptable. To you, anyway.

126,000 dead ...

Read this instead.

Ok. Ultimately, Boris is. He's PM of the UK and has publicly assumed responsibility.

Allowing for your point - which he himself doesn't - he's only responsible for 111,000 deaths.

So much more acceptable. To you, anyway."

Boris is personally responsible for every single covid death in the UK?

Whilst, I'll say he is responsible for the failings being that he's Prime Minister, every single death can't be levelled at him.

Even the countries who have done remarkably well have still had unavoidable deaths.

Ayr

126,000 dead ...

Read this instead.

Whilst, I'll say he is responsible for the failings being that he's Prime Minister, every single death can't be levelled at him.

Even the countries who have done remarkably well have still had unavoidable deaths."

He's said it himself. He's PM, his Government is in charge. If he's responsible for failures to contain the virus that have resulted in deaths, then he has to carry the can.

As has been pointed out, Sturgeon, Drakeford and Foster can all be apportioned some of the blame - if that's how you want to see it (Boris doesn't, though).

In any case, it's a huge death toll - which is larger than it needed to be due to his inadequate leadership.

liverpool

126,000 dead ...

Read this instead.

Even the countries who have done remarkably well have still had unavoidable deaths.

He's said it himself. He's PM, his Government is in charge. If he's responsible for failures to contain the virus that have resulted in deaths, then he has to carry the can.

As has been pointed out, Sturgeon, Drakeford and Foster can all be apportioned some of the blame - if that's how you want to see it (Boris doesn't, though).

In any case, it's a huge death toll - which is larger than it needed to be due to his inadequate leadership."

Its quite simple.

When something goes wrong such as ppe shortages, lack of preparedness,under resourced NHS,high death rate..its someone elses fault.

When there is a success

The vaccine rollout.. all credit goes to boris.

You should now they by now

near ipswich

love the way the thread had gone from wee nicola lying to parliament to boris the usual crowd are so predictable.

Chudleigh

"love the way the thread had gone from wee nicola lying to parliament to boris the usual crowd are so predictable. "

You are so right. You just can’t hold Boris accountable for anything

Ayr

"love the way the thread had gone from wee nicola lying to parliament to boris the usual crowd are so predictable. "

Says one of the usual crowd, in his usual feeble, predictable manner - and with the obligatory green smileys.

near ipswich

"love the way the thread had gone from wee nicola lying to parliament to boris the usual crowd are so predictable.

You are so right. You just can’t hold Boris accountable for anything "

start a thread about it,its quiet simple and open to all.

Ayr

126,000 dead ...

Read this instead.

In any case, it's a huge death toll - which is larger than it needed to be due to his inadequate leadership.

Its quite simple.

When something goes wrong such as ppe shortages, lack of preparedness,under resourced NHS,high death rate..its someone elses fault.

When there is a success

The vaccine rollout.. all credit goes to boris.

You should now they by now"

Indeed. And they wonder why people with the power of reason treat them with the scorn they deserve.

The way this thread has now gone just makes me

near ipswich

Exactly. dont want to be too predictable.

here

In the coming days, when the actual written report from the committee is released, there will be a lot of talk around the word 'knowingly'.

The survival of Sturgeon ultimately lies in the contents of the Hamilton inquiry, which is also due in the next few days.

Either way, this episode has damaged Sturgeon, the SNP and the Scottish Government, summed up perfectly in The Scotsman piece, "Regardless of who wins, it is Scotland’s institutions, wrecked by insinuation, undermined by ego, and subject to destructive partisan tendencies that will have to rebuild themselves from the wreckage."

And of course in all of this there are the original complainants.

liverpool

"love the way the thread had gone from wee nicola lying to parliament to boris the usual crowd are so predictable.

Says one of the usual crowd, in his usual feeble, predictable manner - and with the obligatory green smileys."

Only they are allowed to indulge in whataboutery.

And nicola sturgeon breaking the ministerial code bears absolutely no relevance to the likes of Patel doing it.

Obvs.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I think when people refer to the usual suspects it now means everyone. Because let’s face it we all indulge in the same behaviour dependent on which side of the topic you stand. Glad I voted Green means I’m bulletproof when it comes to criticising politicians.

northeast

You are so right. You just can’t hold Boris accountable for anything start a thread about it,its quiet simple and open to all. "

By *uliaChrisCouple  over a year ago

westerham

"

That's my understanding, depends on the lawyer blokes report.

I suppose the panel could be accused of inherent political bias.

Most of us have zero interest in Scottish politics however.

The code says 'knowingly'. They have supposedly left that word out of the ruling.

Not sure what will happen from here but I doubt she will resign "

Because she has no integrity!!

liverpool

Because she has no integrity!!"

I wonder if boris has a vacancy.

"start a thread about it,its quiet simple and open to all. "

Nahhhh, they seem to enjoy trashing other folks' offerings....(!!)

Chudleigh

Because she has no integrity!!"

The great thing will be should she be found to have broken the ministerial code, doe she do a Jenrick, or a Patel, Hancock or a Boris and just say fuck it, we’re more important than the little people? I know where my money is. I’d like to hope she sets a precedent and resigns and then Westminster does the same.

Be careful what you ask for

By *losguygl3Man  over a year ago

Gloucester

I hope she doesn’t. I’d much prefer her at the helm of an independent Scotland than rabid Salmond.

here

I hope she doesn’t. I’d much prefer her at the helm of an independent Scotland than rabid Salmond."

You think this is about Salmond coming back into mainstream Scottish politics and becoming FM again ? Really?

liverpool

Presumably even if she does go, the new leader will be locking horns with the buffoon, so I'm assuming the weird daily mailesque nicola fixation will be transferred to them.

By *9alMan  over a year ago

Bridgend

if she does go do they need to find another leader with a fishy surname?

here

"if she does go do they need to find another leader with a fishy surname? "

Deputy leader of the SNP is Keith Brown

Wee Jimmy is toast

near ipswich

"if she does go do they need to find another leader with a fishy surname? "
yeah must be some big fish about.

By *losguygl3Man  over a year ago

Gloucester

I hope she doesn’t. I’d much prefer her at the helm of an independent Scotland than rabid Salmond.

You think this is about Salmond coming back into mainstream Scottish politics and becoming FM again ? Really? "

Without doubt. Independence is in the air and he wants back in

Andrew Neil in 60 minutes this week, spectator TV was very interesting. Looking at court ruling, blocking out and removing certain accusations so that they could not be asked of her at the hearing, therefore she wouldn't have to answer certain accusations, even thought it is all in the public domain now. Arguably it's not about truth or trust now but keeping her there for the next vote.

No, that’s not totally correct. The vote from the board that heard evidence was along partisan sides. 5-4, the 5 being made up of the opposing parties, the 4 of the SNP. There was no surprise there but in itself broke the rules by reporting anything before the verdict was published.

The overall report from the Irish lawyer is still to be published and I believe that that’s the one to watch, rather than the first.

North West

I have no axe to grind here and have no interest one way or the other - but two huge contradictions appear in this story...

1) Salmond and Sturgeon were a formidable partnership. How the fuck has it come to this?

2) Salmond and Sturgeon are both fervent Nationalists and both would like nothing more than an independent Scotland. How can they not (both) see that this spat is so damaging to the SNP and by default, the ultimate aim of the SNP?

That said - I can’t help but think that David Davis intervention the other day and Ruth Davidson’s borderline hysterics suggest that this whole thing is somehow being politically engineered.

Grantham

No, that’s not totally correct. The vote from the board that heard evidence was along partisan sides. 5-4, the 5 being made up of the opposing parties, the 4 of the SNP. There was no surprise there but in itself broke the rules by reporting anything before the verdict was published.

The overall report from the Irish lawyer is still to be published and I believe that that’s the one to watch, rather than the first."

One of the Commitee was an Independent. In fact, Andy Wightman, used to stand as a Green (traditional ally of the SNP).

That gives the Commitee a sense of balance.

Does the fact that the 4 SNP members found for NS, make them as partisan as well?

Of course - it’s partisan so can’t be used as a reliable gauge to veracity. And that it was released before publishing expressly broke rules but is obviously being used for political gain

By *untwolancashireCouple  over a year ago

Preston/Lancaster

O, what a tangled web we weave when first we practise to deceive! x

here

- “ I now intend—fully, as the First Minister—to respect the work of the various investigations that have been established.”

- “it strikes me that people cannot call for inquiries and then refuse to respect the work of those inquiries. I will respect the work of those inquiries; the question is, will others across the chamber?”

- “it is important for all of us now to respect the work of the inquiries and the decisions that they take.”

- “The commitment that I give to Parliament is that my Government and I will co-operate fully, whatever terms Parliament decides.”

Nicola Sturgeon - FMQT - 17 January 2019

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

The overall report from the Irish lawyer is still to be published and I believe that that’s the one to watch, rather than the first."

Agree on the latter point, my initial thought when the first one was leaked was it's probably the SNP getting some deflection in and spin going once they saw how the committee voted against there opponents for the May elections..

I’d think there is much more capital to be gained from the opposite take, that it was from the other parties, ie, Conservatives, emboldened by Westminster

in Lancashire

"I’d think there is much more capital to be gained from the opposite take, that it was from the other parties, ie, Conservatives, emboldened by Westminster "

Not sure I agree, the outcome was coming and one of the core principles we've learned through our politics of the last couple of decades is they like to control or set the agenda..

At the moment till the next report they're spinning the line of Sturgeon told the truth, has been prejudged by the opposition etc ..

in Lancashire

"I’d think there is much more capital to be gained from the opposite take, that it was from the other parties, ie, Conservatives, emboldened by Westminster "

Oops, I just re read this and yes I agree, ignorant other post please..

Doh..

upton wirral

Whatever the report says she will win the lection anyway but not such a landslide.

Not sure the Scots realise what a nasty evil communist bitch she is.

in Lancashire

"Whatever the report says she will win the lection anyway but not such a landslide.

Not sure the Scots realise what a nasty evil communist bitch she is."

What has she done that is evil?

Btw there's gross irony and there's a balanced opinion..

Notts

"I’d think there is much more capital to be gained from the opposite take, that it was from the other parties, ie, Conservatives, emboldened by Westminster

Not sure I agree, the outcome was coming and one of the core principles we've learned through our politics of the last couple of decades is they like to control or set the agenda..

At the moment till the next report they're spinning the line of Sturgeon told the truth, has been prejudged by the opposition etc ..

"

of course they are!

"Whatever the report says she will win the lection anyway but not such a landslide.

I’m pretty sure she’s not what the Daily Mail says she is. And I’m also pretty sure Scots are more politically savvy about their own country than you are of theirs.

Notts

Not sure the Scots realise what a nasty evil communist bitch she is.

I’m pretty sure she’s not what the Daily Mail says she is. And I’m also pretty sure Scots are more politically savvy about their own country than you are of theirs."

why are you? what does the daily mail say thats wrong? and why isnt she suing the arse off them? coz im sure she would!

I’m sure the newspaper’s lawyers, who review every single article before going to print, will make very sure that there is nothing to pursue through law but we all know there are more ways to get a point across. The BBC online is also is being spectacularly biased too at the moment.

The DM writes for its readers rather than reporting, as all newspapers do- by and large for right wing ones. It can publish opinion and frequently distortions but not inconvenient facts.

Did they publish that Scotland has vaccinated more people per head of population than any other country in the world?

That the Scottish NHS outperforms the rest of the UK and pays its nurses and doctors more?

By *uboCouple  over a year ago

East kilbride

and still more honest than that clown boris that you worship. A PROVEN serial liar.

Notts

"I’m sure the newspaper’s lawyers, who review every single article before going to print, will make very sure that there is nothing to pursue through law but we all know there are more ways to get a point across. The BBC online is also is being spectacularly biased too at the moment.

The DM writes for its readers rather than reporting, as all newspapers do- by and large for right wing ones. It can publish opinion and frequently distortions but not inconvenient facts.

Did they publish that Scotland has vaccinated more people per head of population than any other country in the world?

That the Scottish NHS outperforms the rest of the UK and pays its nurses and doctors more? "

so she is what the daily mail says then you just dont like how they word it!

Grantham

"I’m sure the newspaper’s lawyers, who review every single article before going to print, will make very sure that there is nothing to pursue through law but we all know there are more ways to get a point across. The BBC online is also is being spectacularly biased too at the moment.

That the Scottish NHS outperforms the rest of the UK and pays its nurses and doctors more? "

Israel leads the world's vaccination league by a long way. Scotland had done about 44% the other day.

Notts

That the Scottish NHS outperforms the rest of the UK and pays its nurses and doctors more?

Israel leads the world's vaccination league by a long way. Scotland had done about 44% the other day. "

perhaps they meant on tuesday afternoon between 3.33pm and 3.34pm? or perhaps they didnt report it because it didnt happen?

Was reported yesterday morning lol.

By the BBC so blame them if it’s wrong.

Notts

"By the BBC so blame them if it’s wrong."

so scotland didnt want to share with eu then, it just went ahead and used them all for its greedy self? even though it wants to be part of eu?

daily mail didnt report that either lol

Israel leads the world's vaccination league by a long way. Scotland had done about 44% the other day. "

Israel were always way ahead as they started before anyone too. Well documented even last year.

[Removed by poster at 20/03/21 16:35:43]

The UAE and Israel are way ahead of the rest of the world on roll out.

For Israel, over 600,000 have had both vaccines and 60% have had the first. They were very flexible with their roll out by using the military, all the health care systems available in the country, using stadiums, school parking and other facilities to roll it out. Quick decision making, little bureaucracy and little politics.

upton wirral

"The UAE and Israel are way ahead of the rest of the world on roll out.

For Israel, over 600,000 have had both vaccines and 60% have had the first. They were very flexible with their roll out by using the military, all the health care systems available in the country, using stadiums, school parking and other facilities to roll it out. Quick decision making, little bureaucracy and little politics."

Lots of military involvment and freedoms taken away

"The UAE and Israel are way ahead of the rest of the world on roll out.

For Israel, over 600,000 have had both vaccines and 60% have had the first. They were very flexible with their roll out by using the military, all the health care systems available in the country, using stadiums, school parking and other facilities to roll it out. Quick decision making, little bureaucracy and little politics.Lots of military involvment and freedoms taken away"

That's a different subject altogether. This was about Scotland being the world leader in vaccine rollout.

Would they have even acquired any without the UK governments help?

Grantham

Looks like she's going to get away with it!

"Looks like she's going to get away with it! "

Cleared, end of the story

Done and dusted, tomorrow's chip paper.

Notts

Wow! Cummings sturgeon trump... clinton...macron...seems you can say what you like... even Andrew marr caught her out lying on tape!

Is there some sort of special grease these fuckers use lol what a fucking circus....lol

This enquiry may be done and dusted but I don't think it's done her any favours. I can see the SNP losing ground in the upcoming election.

Still think they will win though.

"Wow! Cummings sturgeon trump... clinton...macron...seems you can say what you like... even Andrew marr caught her out lying on tape!

Is there some sort of special grease these fuckers use lol what a fucking circus....lol "

Boris tells lies every week, it’s no big deal anymore

It absolutely should be. Rescue your country before it’s too late or nobody will recognise truth when you hear it.

"It absolutely should be. Rescue your country before it’s too late or nobody will recognise truth when you hear it."

I agree, but nobody cares, lies have become normal in British politics, Boris even lied to the queen

Ayr

"Looks like she's going to get away with it! "

She didn't get away with anything. James Hamilton QC has found - after a thorough inquiry that she herself called for - that she did not breach the ministerial code.

I know that you and your kind will not be satisfied by his findings; but since none of you are relevant to the entire issue - since you don't vote up here - your disappointment means nothing.

Ayr

"if she does go do they need to find another leader with a fishy surname?

"

Why the sad face? You don't think a former Royal Marine and a veteran of the Falklands War would make a good leader for the SNP?

Not that he's needed yet, after all.

here

Why the sad face? You don't think a former Royal Marine and a veteran of the Falklands War would make a good leader for the SNP?

Not that he's needed yet, after all."

Sad face because his name isn't fishy ....

Ayr

"

Ok. While you're there, maybe you could clear something up for me?

Does leaking the findings of an inquiry, before it's officially published, breach any sort of code for the conduct of MSPs?

I'm assuming it doesn't, since some of them felt it was ok to do so.

Or am I wrong - and it's not ok? Maybe it's not ok but it doesn't matter because an opposition MSP did it?

Ayr

"Wow! Cummings sturgeon trump... clinton...macron...seems you can say what you like... even Andrew marr caught her out lying on tape!

Is there some sort of special grease these fuckers use lol what a fucking circus....lol "

I take it you missed out Johnson, Patel, Hancock and Jenrick because they never lie and/or break laws?

here

Does leaking the findings of an inquiry, before it's officially published, breach any sort of code for the conduct of MSPs?

Or am I wrong - and it's not ok? Maybe it's not ok but it doesn't matter because an opposition MSP did it?"

Do you know who leaked it ?

My money is on one of Scottish Nationalist Party committee members doing it in order to discredit the work of the committee.

What do you think ?

2 hours ago. . . Search your own prefered press outlet for the whole story . . .

"Holyrood inquiry concludes Nicola Sturgeon misled Scottish Parliament over unlawful Salmond investigation."

"However, James Hamilton, the Irish lawyer who conducted the ministerial code investigation . . .

. . . concluded that it was for the Scottish Parliament to decide whether they were misled. Murdo Fraser, a Tory member of the committee, said: "The committee verdict is in – Nicola Sturgeon misled Parliament and the public."

So the Independent James Hamilton who said she didn't -admits it's for the Scottish Parliament to decide the truth, and they just have . . .

"She misled Parliament".

here

“I was quite taken aback by the lack of contact and support from the Scottish Government after the conclusion of its process. We were given regular updates over the period of the judicial review, but after that we were basically just dropped. We went through the entirety of the police investigation and the criminal trial with next to no contact from the Scottish Government, let alone any kind of support. There might be good reasons for that, but I certainly expected something, given that the Government initiated the police referral and given the duty of care for us as staff members or former staff members, which the Government had placed a lot of emphasis on during the process. I was quite taken aback because it felt as though we were just left to swim.”

liverpool

You would have through an independent enquiry wouod have been sufficient.

Apparently not.

By *uliaChrisCouple  over a year ago

westerham

Or am I wrong - and it's not ok? Maybe it's not ok but it doesn't matter because an opposition MSP did it?

My money is on one of Scottish Nationalist Party committee members doing it in order to discredit the work of the committee.

What do you think ?"

Good theory

It's all very shabby

here

"it is important for all of us now to respect the work of the inquiries and the decisions that they take."

https://mobile.twitter.com/patrickharvie/with_replies

You can see by the guilt on her face who leaked it.

Jackie Bailey- for personal gain. Obviously the BBC know- there are more ways to string a cat than mention a name.

Ayr

What do you think ?"

I think you'd lose your money - and - unsurprisingly - you didn't answer the code of conduct question.

here

What do you think ?

I think you'd lose your money - and - unsurprisingly - you didn't answer the code of conduct question."

It’s the most likely reason any one of the 4 Scottish Nationalist Party MSPs would leak - and if such a leak constitutes a breach of a code then of course there should be consequences.

How about an investigation ...

Ayr

""However, James Hamilton, the Irish lawyer who conducted the ministerial code investigation . . .

. . . concluded that it was for the Scottish Parliament to decide whether they were misled. Murdo Fraser, a Tory member of the committee, said: "The committee verdict is in – Nicola Sturgeon misled Parliament and the public."

So the Independent James Hamilton who said she didn't -admits it's for the Scottish Parliament to decide the truth, and they just have . . .

"She misled Parliament"."

The problem for the Tories is that their argument on this is seen - correctly - as being the equivalent of Jimmy Saville accusing someone else of being a paedophile.

Had Boris not given Priti Patel a 'get out of jail free' card, had Matt Hancock not broken the law and told us all 'so what?'; they might be taken more seriously.

Certainly, the stable up here does need a thorough cleaning; but the notion that the Tories, coated from head to foot in their own diarrhoea, are the party to improve a Parliament they would rather did not exist - really is fucking laughable.

Ayr

What do you think ?

I think you'd lose your money - and - unsurprisingly - you didn't answer the code of conduct question.

It’s the most likely reason any one of the 4 Scottish Nationalist Party MSPs would leak - and if such a leak constitutes a breach of a code then of course there should be consequences.

"

Yeah. Why not?

liverpool

""However, James Hamilton, the Irish lawyer who conducted the ministerial code investigation . . .

"She misled Parliament".

The problem for the Tories is that their argument on this is seen - correctly - as being the equivalent of Jimmy Saville accusing someone else of being a paedophile.

Had Boris not given Priti Patel a 'get out of jail free' card, had Matt Hancock not broken the law and told us all 'so what?'; they might be taken more seriously.

Certainly, the stable up here does need a thorough cleaning; but the notion that the Tories, coated from head to foot in their own diarrhoea, are the party to improve a Parliament they would rather did not exist - really is fucking laughable."

Unsurprisingly they dont seem to keen on staring threads about those inconvenient facts.

Ayr

"She misled Parliament".

Certainly, the stable up here does need a thorough cleaning; but the notion that the Tories, coated from head to foot in their own diarrhoea, are the party to improve a Parliament they would rather did not exist - really is fucking laughable.

Unsurprisingly they dont seem to keen on staring threads about those inconvenient facts."

Clearly not. But we already know they can't grasp the concept of there being more than one point of view regarding their idols. They're very faithful and unquestioning - like that news lady on N.Korean telly. LOL

liverpool

"She misled Parliament".

Unsurprisingly they dont seem to keen on staring threads about those inconvenient facts.

Clearly not. But we already know they can't grasp the concept of there being more than one point of view regarding their idols. They're very faithful and unquestioning - like that news lady on N.Korean telly. LOL"

I just dont think they are big on self awareness tbf.

here

What do you think ?

Yeah. Why not?"

I don’t know, that would be for the Scottish Parliament to investigate.

The BBC has already outed the guilty party and it wasn’t an SNP MSP.

here

Carefully crafted camera work and editing by Scottish Parliament tv aka Sturgeon vision

Guilty

"Carefully crafted camera work and editing by Scottish Parliament tv aka Sturgeon vision

"

That’d be a first

Preston

"She misled Parliament".

Unsurprisingly they dont seem to keen on staring threads about those inconvenient facts."

[Removed by poster at 24/03/21 21:25:00]

https://news.sky.com/story/alex-salmond-to-take-further-legal-action-over-conduct-of-scotlands-top-civil-servant-12255531

Alex Salmond to take further legal action over 'conduct' of Scotland's top civil servant

Salmond 'Part Deux'

Notts

Is there some sort of special grease these fuckers use lol what a fucking circus....lol

I take it you missed out Johnson, Patel, Hancock and Jenrick because they never lie and/or break laws?"

I'd be here forever naming every politician that lies! Then if I added fab members I'd be here until eternity lol

Notts

"https://news.sky.com/story/alex-salmond-to-take-further-legal-action-over-conduct-of-scotlands-top-civil-servant-12255531

Alex Salmond to take further legal action over 'conduct' of Scotland's top civil servant

Salmond 'Part Deux'"

Good on him lol she tried to bury him, early news clips show attentive, demure nic even and later we see thatcher iron seep into her soul lol

[Removed by poster at 25/03/21 10:30:19]

"https://news.sky.com/story/alex-salmond-to-take-further-legal-action-over-conduct-of-scotlands-top-civil-servant-12255531

Salmond 'Part Deux'

Good on him lol she tried to bury him, early news clips show attentive, demure nic even and later we see thatcher iron seep into her soul lol "

That’s misogynistic

liverpool

Salmond 'Part Deux'

Good on him lol she tried to bury him, early news clips show attentive, demure nic even and later we see thatcher iron seep into her soul lol

That’s misogynistic "

Wasnt Salmond investigated for sexual misconduct?

Notts

Salmond 'Part Deux'

That’s misogynistic "

How? explain in detail

You shouldn’t need detail- it’s in the dictionary.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Salmond 'Part Deux'

That’s misogynistic "

What part of that was misogynistic?

Notts

"You shouldn’t need detail- it’s in the dictionary."

Yes go read it! You can't explain how it is because it isn't! You might as well say the thread is racist for attacking a Scottish person lol or perhaps you're trans phobic for throwing it at me?

northeast

I take it you missed out Johnson, Patel, Hancock and Jenrick because they never lie and/or break laws?

I'd be here forever naming every politician that lies! Then if I added fab members I'd be here until eternity lol "

"You shouldn’t need detail- it’s in the dictionary.

Yes go read it! You can't explain how it is because it isn't! You might as well say the thread is racist for attacking a Scottish person lol or perhaps you're trans phobic for throwing it at me? "

Ah, that old ‘get out of jail’ card.....

Ok, misogyny is when you treat a woman in a manner you would not treat a man and that demeans her. Referring to her attitude as being simpering and demure and then the opposite is to describe her in terms relative to the man. That man, let us not forget, has been accused of inappropriate behaviour- do not EVER forget -and in suggesting her behaviour towards him as being steely after those accusations is to seriously not understand how obnoxious that view is.

The voice of the women accusing him should be the ones shouting for fairness. It is being drowned out by those like you who continue to focus on perceived personalities of politicians.

Notts

"You shouldn’t need detail- it’s in the dictionary.

Yes go read it! You can't explain how it is because it isn't! You might as well say the thread is racist for attacking a Scottish person lol or perhaps you're trans phobic for throwing it at me?

Ah, that old ‘get out of jail’ card.....

Ok, misogyny is when you treat a woman in a manner you would not treat a man and that demeans her. Referring to her attitude as being simpering and demure and then the opposite is to describe her in terms relative to the man. That man, let us not forget, has been accused of inappropriate behaviour- do not EVER forget -and in suggesting her behaviour towards him as being steely after those accusations is to seriously not understand how obnoxious that view is.

The voice of the women accusing him should be the ones shouting for fairness. It is being drowned out by those like you who continue to focus on perceived personalities of politicians.

"

alex has got nothing to do with your accusation, but wasnt he found NOT guilty, lets never forget THAT. Think you might suffer Misandry lol.

ref misogyny... i didnt call her simpering for starters, but using descriptive text about a woman is not misogyny. You can hate a woman and not hate ALL women.

Misogyny is a hatred of women, as in ALL women and a feeling that men are better than women. Not just the one woman! Now do you see the difference? So you are talking shit.

I think you misunderstand exactly what misogyny means.

Your comments about Salmond are misjudged and wrong. It doesn’t really surprise me.

I have no wish to engage with this any more. The women who were affected by this whole political charade are the only ones who matter.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"I think you misunderstand exactly what misogyny means.

Your comments about Salmond are misjudged and wrong. It doesn’t really surprise me.

I have no wish to engage with this any more. The women who were affected by this whole political charade are the only ones who matter."

Im no fan of salmond but he was found innocent and iirc one accuser was found to have made up the allegations yet you think he deserves no sympathy

I said he was accused of inappropriate behaviour. I was not referring to his trial other than say the voice of the women who accused him have been lost but worse, their anonymity compromised.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"I said he was accused of inappropriate behaviour. I was not referring to his trial other than say the voice of the women who accused him have been lost but worse, their anonymity compromised. "

Why should a man be named until found guilty ? Mud sticks

Notts

I have no wish to engage with this any more. The women who were affected by this whole political charade are the only ones who matter.

Im no fan of salmond but he was found innocent and iirc one accuser was found to have made up the allegations yet you think he deserves no sympathy "

You know full well you are talking crap..

Your words were THAT man has been ACCUSED. ....dont EVER forget.....

Yes don't ever forget he was found not guilty, you clearly hate men and don't understand the dictionary even though it explains everything lol suggest you don't use words as insults when you don't understand them

here

This is how much the Sturgeon Scottish government care about the 2 women;

“ I was quite taken aback by the lack of contact and support from the Scottish Government after the conclusion of its process. We were given regular updates over the period of the judicial review, but after that we were basically just dropped. We went through the entirety of the police investigation and the criminal trial with next to no contact from the Scottish Government, let alone any kind of support. There might be good reasons for that, but I certainly expected something, given that the Government initiated the police referral and given the duty of care for us as staff members or former staff members, which the Government had placed a lot of emphasis on during the process. I was quite taken aback because it felt as though we were just left to swim.”

Don’t try to kid anyone that Sturgeon and the nationalists care a jot about anyone other than themselves .

liverpool

"I said he was accused of inappropriate behaviour. I was not referring to his trial other than say the voice of the women who accused him have been lost but worse, their anonymity compromised.

Why should a man be named until found guilty ? Mud sticks "

So other women can come forward?

Im no fan of salmond but he was found innocent and iirc one accuser was found to have made up the allegations yet you think he deserves no sympathy

You know full well you are talking crap..

Your words were THAT man has been ACCUSED. ....dont EVER forget.....

Yes don't ever forget he was found not guilty, you clearly hate men and don't understand the dictionary even though it explains everything lol suggest you don't use words as insults when you don't understand them "

Lol that the best you can do?

I’m sorry you don’t understand misogyny and how you crossed the line. It’s a subtle concept, right enough. As for you not understanding the difference between ‘inappropriate behaviour’ and ‘attempted r..e’, I cannot explain. One he was not tried for, the other he was. However, it is of no consequence because others can read and do understand.

Notts

Salmond 'Part Deux'

That’s misogynistic

What part of that was misogynistic?

"

see someone else who wanted you to explain, but you couldnt, youre just a drum banger, bang bang bang

I’ve explained fully. Leave it at.

Notts

Bang bang....

» Add a new message to this topic