FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Another backwards step - corrected

Another backwards step - corrected

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ackal1 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

A House of Lords security review highlights yet another flaw in this wonderful oven ready deal.

Lord Ricketts stated “ Specifically the report draws attention to the UK's loss of access to the EU's criminal database - the Schengen Information System (SIS II).

Leaving the system meant the UK lost access to 40,000 alerts about investigations in other European countries.

The committee said this represented a "most significant gap" for law enforcement and that the SIS II replacement meant information was available in "a matter of hours, not seconds".

It also warned that data sharing between the sides meant the EU would hold the UK to "higher standards" on data protection and could suspend any agreement "if the UK chooses not to stay aligned with EU data protection rules in the future".

Government response ... “we are one of the safest countries in the world”. Hmm yes, but not as safe as we were then?

This deal with its horrific lack of detailed scrutiny just keeps on giving. Where are the wins? Oh wait tax haven status stays... off course how naive of me.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Manchester

Well that’s sums up a real truth that we all recognise. You can’t defend the indefensible.

My work here is done. Even Boris supporters can’t spin this into a positive.

It must be crap being a government spokesman right now. They have to try and defend this nonsense whilst the journalist must just listen and snigger Then again they also have to print what their owners tell them so they must thinking why waste their time. .

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Well that’s sums up a real truth that we all recognise. You can’t defend the indefensible.

My work here is done. Even Boris supporters can’t spin this into a positive.

It must be crap being a government spokesman right now. They have to try and defend this nonsense whilst the journalist must just listen and snigger Then again they also have to print what their owners tell them so they must thinking why waste their time. . "

The Brexit fanatics can’t defend the indefensible, another shocking Brexit failure

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

Where could they be? Usually jumping all over the truth...

"Where could they be? Usually jumping all over the truth... "

They might join in later with the usual ‘it’s a non start’ ‘it is the EUs fault ‘ type of response

By *uliaChrisCouple  over a year ago

westerham

I covered this in detail two months ago including comment from top law enforcement.

Top law enforcement.

Complete non story, was debunked.

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

"I covered this in detail two months ago including comment from top law enforcement.

Top law enforcement.

Complete non story, was debunked."

...of course you did

"I covered this in detail two months ago including comment from top law enforcement.

Top law enforcement.

We have a winner. Wrong Chris , this is worrying trend

Manchester

Top law enforcement.

Ha ha. Well that’s the House of Lords for you!!

Strange how we have actually left the update system but don’t let that fact get in the way of your agenda.

Manchester

I have to admit Chris does give entertainment value though. He makes me smile a lot.

Thanks Chris

"I have to admit Chris does give entertainment value though. He makes me smile a lot.

Thanks Chris "

He provides top notch comedy

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"

A House of Lords security review highlights yet another flaw in this wonderful oven ready deal.

Lord Ricketts stated “ Specifically the report draws attention to the UK's loss of access to the EU's criminal database - the Schengen Information System (SIS II).

Leaving the system meant the UK lost access to 40,000 alerts about investigations in other European countries.

The committee said this represented a "most significant gap" for law enforcement and that the SIS II replacement meant information was available in "a matter of hours, not seconds".

It also warned that data sharing between the sides meant the EU would hold the UK to "higher standards" on data protection and could suspend any agreement "if the UK chooses not to stay aligned with EU data protection rules in the future".

Government response ... “we are one of the safest countries in the world”. Hmm yes, but not as safe as we were then?

This deal with its horrific lack of detailed scrutiny just keeps on giving. Where are the wins? Oh wait tax haven status stays... off course how naive of me. "

Cynical crap

"

This deal with its horrific lack of detailed scrutiny just keeps on giving. Where are the wins? Oh wait tax haven status stays... off course how naive of me. Cynical crap"

Do you ever provide a counter argument ? Or do you just swear and insult?

Manchester

"

This deal with its horrific lack of detailed scrutiny just keeps on giving. Where are the wins? Oh wait tax haven status stays... off course how naive of me. Cynical crap"

Another intellectual contribution. Do you get a headache thinking your posts up? It must be exhausting!

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Has anyone any information where this has led to a lack of security in the uk and what cases could have been stopped if we were still in? just asking

By *uninlondon69Man  over a year ago

Lewisham

"Has anyone any information where this has led to a lack of security in the uk and what cases could have been stopped if we were still in? just asking "

So we're not allowed to criticise poor trade figures because it's too soon after the vote, but we also can't discuss our new lack of security because there's been plenty of time for a terrorist attack since January 1st?

Manchester

"Has anyone any information where this has led to a lack of security in the uk and what cases could have been stopped if we were still in? just asking "

Cant see the police sharing anything where they have failed. Given the complaint is from a former government security advisor I think the report of it being a negative is credit worthy.

By *L RogueMan  over a year ago

London

"

This deal with its horrific lack of detailed scrutiny just keeps on giving. Where are the wins? Oh wait tax haven status stays... off course how naive of me. Cynical crap

Do you ever provide a counter argument ? Or do you just swear and insult? "

And yet they are the first to cry foul of personal attacks and name calling.

Go figure...

By *ust some cock suckerMan  over a year ago

Preston

"I have to admit Chris does give entertainment value though. He makes me smile a lot.

Thanks Chris "

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"Has anyone any information where this has led to a lack of security in the uk and what cases could have been stopped if we were still in? just asking

So we're not allowed to criticise poor trade figures because it's too soon after the vote, but we also can't discuss our new lack of security because there's been plenty of time for a terrorist attack since January 1st? "

whos stopping you ? i was asking a question, if you cant answer it just say so, why so defensive ?

Manchester

"Has anyone any information where this has led to a lack of security in the uk and what cases could have been stopped if we were still in? just asking

So we're not allowed to criticise poor trade figures because it's too soon after the vote, but we also can't discuss our new lack of security because there's been plenty of time for a terrorist attack since January 1st? whos stopping you ? i was asking a question, if you cant answer it just say so, why so defensive ? "

On a serious note the customs and border force are way too stretched at the min so lack of info and more than normal vehicles arriving without checks is a bad combination.

So we're not allowed to criticise poor trade figures because it's too soon after the vote, but we also can't discuss our new lack of security because there's been plenty of time for a terrorist attack since January 1st? whos stopping you ? i was asking a question, if you cant answer it just say so, why so defensive ?

On a serious note the customs and border force are way too stretched at the min so lack of info and more than normal vehicles arriving without checks is a bad combination. "

Yeah but, you can’t criticise or raise concerns until something bad has happened ,

Manchester

So we're not allowed to criticise poor trade figures because it's too soon after the vote, but we also can't discuss our new lack of security because there's been plenty of time for a terrorist attack since January 1st? whos stopping you ? i was asking a question, if you cant answer it just say so, why so defensive ?

On a serious note the customs and border force are way too stretched at the min so lack of info and more than normal vehicles arriving without checks is a bad combination.

Yeah but, you can’t criticise or raise concerns until something bad has happened , "

Something bad already has .. it’s called Brexit!!

Yeah but, you can’t criticise or raise concerns until something bad has happened ,

Something bad already has .. it’s called Brexit!! "

You can’t say that,

» Add a new message to this topic