FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Nice to see that Jim Crow is alive and well

Nice to see that Jim Crow is alive and well

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *abio OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Wow... those new Georgia voting laws... and other states are going to follow

So is the republicans new tactic that if they can’t win an election instead of coming up with policies to persuade people to vote for them, to stop as many of the other side’s people from voting!

They talk about voting integrity... but where does stopping people from offering water to people in the voting lines waiting stop fraud.... or stopping people from voting on sundays....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

I do find it strange that the voting rules are not national? I totally agree with you about Georgia, but why isn’t it agreed across America for President, Senators and Representatives?

Newcastle and Gateshead

Because the federal election was basically 50 state elections..... the original voting rights act said there had to be certain minimum standards the states had to adhere to... but after that minimum it is left up to states to decide

Problem is that when the voting rights act was basically struck down by the Supreme Court a few years ago 5-4 on the principal that it was basically no longer needed, republicans states have been on a tear to try and restrict people from voting..... for example Texas and North Carolina had their restrictions nullified by SCOTUS because they explicitly said their changes were designed to stop certain groups of people (black people) from voting which is unconstitutional

The Georgia law will end up being challenged by almost everyone, and I think it will backfire big time as the drive for everyone to go vote just increased

The question will be if voting rights is the issue that democrats decide to break the filibuster on.... moderate democrats are going to be under a hell of a pressure! I don’t think you are going to want to be the democrat senator holding up the right to expanded voting...

Chudleigh

Thanks for the background info. It would seem like a great place for the Democrats to push - universal suffrage should be hard to argue against, unless you are a Republican...

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

Heard on the radio that not offering water would put people off voting, really !!! If it's hot and people dont havevthe common sense to take a bottle of water with them should they be allowed to vote ?

On a serious note we dont allow campaigning on the last day to stop undue influence so I can see the logic in this, should be be able to speak to voters just before they vote they could spread all sorts of lies and cause voters to vote for someone else.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What is exactly wrong with voter ID when alot of western democracies use them ?

By *isandhers691127Couple  over a year ago

Bournemouth

Think your country has a problem when its easier to buy a gun than it is to vote.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Wow... those new Georgia voting laws... and other states are going to follow

So is the republicans new tactic that if they can’t win an election instead of coming up with policies to persuade people to vote for them, to stop as many of the other side’s people from voting!

They talk about voting integrity... but where does stopping people from offering water to people in the voting lines waiting stop fraud.... or stopping people from voting on sundays.... "

Be greatfull you live in the United Kingdom

"Think your country has a problem when its easier to buy a gun than it is to vote. "

Have to have a ID and background check to buy one. Your point being ?

They talk about voting integrity... but where does stopping people from offering water to people in the voting lines waiting stop fraud.... or stopping people from voting on sundays.... "

Because it quite easily could be construed as black mail...

By *isandhers691127Couple  over a year ago

Bournemouth

Yeh hows that working for you?

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Maybe the democrats need to start taking an interest in the Black and Asian in Georgia now and not wait until the next elections and start getting voters organised now so they can cast their vote live and not by post as that seems to be the main issue allegedly.

It obviously to try and cut down the black vote in that state as the republicans are shit scared of losing again

"Yeh hows that working for you? "

Me personally I am fantastic. But that guns are another subject.

They talk about voting integrity... but where does stopping people from offering water to people in the voting lines waiting stop fraud.... or stopping people from voting on sundays....

Maybe the democrats need to start taking an interest in the Black and Asian in Georgia now and not wait until the next elections and start getting voters organised now so they can cast their vote live and not by post as that seems to be the main issue allegedly.

It obviously to try and cut down the black vote in that state as the republicans are shit scared of losing again "

Why does it have to be "a race " vote ?

Bristol

It obviously to try and cut down the black vote in that state as the republicans are shit scared of losing again

Why does it have to be "a race " vote ? "

So these new rules are not aimed at the predominantly black voters then ?

Newcastle and Gateshead

Why does it have to be "a race " vote ? "

Because if you are basically banning voting on Sundays as an almost direct shot at “souls to the polls” it’s not the democrats that made it a race issue....

The good thing is that in Georgia, they basically have the might of Stacey Abrams get out the vote and voting registration operation... that is going to be the next direct target

Why does it have to be "a race " vote ?

So these new rules are not aimed at the predominantly black voters then ?"

No

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

No"

Absolutely yes!

Limiting drop boxes...... means it’s more likely that people living in the highly dense metropolitan areas will have less chance to use them and would likely have to travel further

Which leads to..... ban on giving out water... people in higher density areas tend to have to wait longer in queues to vote because there are less places to vote per member of the population because they have few places they can vote

And the limiting of number of early voting days.... especially Sundays... when “souls to the polls” is a black tradition when you go out to vote after you have been to church Sunday morning....

Really??

"

No

Absolutely yes!

Limiting drop boxes...... means it’s more likely that people living in the highly dense metropolitan areas will have less chance to use them and would likely have to travel further

Which leads to..... ban on giving out water... people in higher density areas tend to have to wait longer in queues to vote because there are less places to vote per member of the population because they have few places they can vote

And the limiting of number of early voting days.... especially Sundays... when “souls to the polls” is a black tradition when you go out to vote after you have been to church Sunday morning....

Really??"

So if west virginia adopts the same exact policy you will be in the same uproar too ?

Bristol

It does seem to the rest of the world that the republicans are now changing the rules because they done want another ass whipping on the next elections

By *uninlondon69Man  over a year ago

Lewisham

"It does seem to the rest of the world that the republicans are now changing the rules because they done want another ass whipping on the next elections "

As Trump said, if you make it easier to vote the republicans will never win again.

"It does seem to the rest of the world that the republicans are now changing the rules because they done want another ass whipping on the next elections "

Was georgia a problem state that was the focus of the election just like many other states ? Is Pennsylvania rascist if they apply same policy ? I don't see race like everyone thinks. I see a issue with counting if it makes election results easier and more accurate I am all for it.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"It does seem to the rest of the world that the republicans are now changing the rules because they done want another ass whipping on the next elections

Was georgia a problem state that was the focus of the election just like many other states ? Is Pennsylvania rascist if they apply same policy ? I don't see race like everyone thinks. I see a issue with counting if it makes election results easier and more accurate I am all for it. "

And just exactly does for example, lowering the amount of days of early voting, especially sundays which have been targeted, help with the last sentence of your statement.......

"Think your country has a problem when its easier to buy a gun than it is to vote.

Have to have a ID and background check to buy one. Your point being ?"

Didnt a 13 year old kid by a rifle at a gunfair which was plastered all over You tube ?

No I.D checks there !

https://youtu.be/fB7MwvqCtlk

Bristol

Why are the republicans so scared of the democrats?

"Why are the republicans so scared of the democrats?

"

They are not but don't you think voter ID just like every other western democracies use is more prudent? To avoid all the BS of constantly recounting wasting taxpayer money it benefits both sides. There would be a accurate count not he said she said and all the crazy accusations from both sides and the disdain.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

They are not but don't you think voter ID just like every other western democracies use is more prudent? To avoid all the BS of constantly recounting wasting taxpayer money it benefits both sides. There would be a accurate count not he said she said and all the crazy accusations from both sides and the disdain."

is voterID blamed on race in other countries ?

They are not but don't you think voter ID just like every other western democracies use is more prudent? To avoid all the BS of constantly recounting wasting taxpayer money it benefits both sides. There would be a accurate count not he said she said and all the crazy accusations from both sides and the disdain.is voterID blamed on race in other countries ?"

Idk but some states require it here is that rascist ?

"Think your country has a problem when its easier to buy a gun than it is to vote.

Didnt a 13 year old kid by a rifle at a gunfair which was plastered all over You tube ?

No I.D checks there !"

Once again if you want to debate guns which seems your passion I woul be happy to oblige. This was Fabio's post on voter rights not a gun debate. Make a post debate because your small mind always has the biggest mouth.

No I.D checks there !

Once again if you want to debate guns which seems your passion I woul be happy to oblige. This was Fabio's post on voter rights not a gun debate. Make a post debate because your small mind always has the biggest mouth. "

In Georgia not many checks are made on private gun sales .

Maybe the Republicans have been held at gunpoint & forcaed to

Change the election process .

Another gun buying video from Georgia .

Where Fabio is talking about

https://youtu.be/TCSpokckHC0

^^^ Small mind once again ^^

TROLL

Does not know the difference between voting and self defense.

[Removed by poster at 28/03/21 02:58:09]

Of Course i do .

I do systema, have done for a few years & have voted at every by election, Mayoral election & General election since i was 18 .

Never needed a gun to defend myself ever & Never will !

"Of Course i do .

I do systema, have done for a few years & have voted at every by election, Mayoral election & General election since i was 18 .

"

clap clap clap take a bow still a voting post. Encore !!

"Of Course i do .

clap clap clap take a bow still a voting post. Encore !! "

Not a gun post. But like I said numerous times on numerous post since the age of 2021 elections if you want to debate guns I am all for it. Multiple times. You have no substance. Ignorance is a trait of your weakness.

By *rRightlyMan  over a year ago

Near Brexit dreamer

So can anyone explain me how the voting system works now in USA? How can some states allow voting without ID? How they identify someone and prevents them from voting again in another voting location?

If I was daft enough to vote either pathetic team red or pitiful team blue then I'd want to insure that the voting system was properly scrutinised.

If asking to see ID at the poll centres is akin to racial segregation,lynchings and civil rights destruction then the people of the UK must be some of the most oppressed people on earth! As far as I understand it in Ulster (God's country) a polling card AND photo ID must be shown when voting. Imagine the degrading scenes when voters have to prove that they are eligible, of legal age, proof of residence, acting voluntarily to cast, only voting once and voting in the area where they live.....that's Jim eagle right there...or is it jim crow? Which one is worse?

Chudleigh

They are not but don't you think voter ID just like every other western democracies use is more prudent? To avoid all the BS of constantly recounting wasting taxpayer money it benefits both sides. There would be a accurate count not he said she said and all the crazy accusations from both sides and the disdain."

To follow your idea to its obvious conclusiom, keep voting to the few as it is easier to count!? Populations always grow, so US policy should be how do we get more of the population to vote first and then how donwe accelerste the count. There is very, very low incidence of voter fraud in the US, but very very hign incidence of voter intimidation from Republican Politicians.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"So can anyone explain me how the voting system works now in USA? How can some states allow voting without ID? How they identify someone and prevents them from voting again in another voting location? "

It’s not that people that vote in person can vote without ID, because they can’t, the issue is that people that voted by mail did not have the same requirement, but if they had voted by mail the assumption is they would already have ID on file to post out everything in the first place

Also they want to restrict “no excuse” voting by mail..... where people took advantage of voting by mail because of Covid and lining up in lines ... apparently a pandemic is not a good enough reason to ask to vote by mail

The ugly secret is that democrats tend to us more different ways of voting.... such as early voting and voting by mail, than republicans, who tend to vote on Election Day itself!

A lot of republicans legislators are trying to restrict early voting by cutting the amount of days you can.... and restricting voting by mail...

"

Small mind once again ^^

TROLL

Does not know the difference between voting and self defense.

Of course i do

clap clap clap take a bow still a voting post. Encore !!

Not a gun post. But like I said numerous times on numerous post since the age of 2021 elections if you want to debate guns I am all for it. Multiple times. You have no substance. Ignorance is a trait of your weakness."

My Ignorance ?

» Add a new message to this topic