FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > novavax deal agreed.

novavax deal agreed.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ostafun OP   Man  over a year ago

near ipswich

Did the eu shoot its self in the foot over vaccine export to other countries?

The news that the Novavax vaccine is going to go through a process known as fill and finish in the UK is an interesting development.

Fill and finish is the process by which vaccines are packaged up in vials, ready to be sent out to vaccination clinics.

The original plan was for this to be done in Europe once the vaccine product was manufactured by plants in the north east.

But a deal has been struck with drug firm GSK to do that here.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eanoCoolMan  over a year ago

wisbech

I did read the other day that Novovax were worried about a deal with the EU after what was happening with Astra zenica so am not surprised, the company I work for pulled the plug on our plant in Italy last week after the commissions decision, 226 jobs gone, workload now being split between UK and Sweden.

By *uliaChrisCouple  over a year ago

westerham

"I did read the other day that Novovax were worried about a deal with the EU after what was happening with Astra zenica so am not surprised, the company I work for pulled the plug on our plant in Italy last week after the commissions decision, 226 jobs gone, workload now being split between UK and Sweden."

It's terrible, but it's all just hastening the end of Brussels

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I did read the other day that Novovax were worried about a deal with the EU after what was happening with Astra zenica so am not surprised, the company I work for pulled the plug on our plant in Italy last week after the commissions decision, 226 jobs gone, workload now being split between UK and Sweden.

"

What has it got to do with the capital of Belgium

westerham

"I did read the other day that Novovax were worried about a deal with the EU after what was happening with Astra zenica so am not surprised, the company I work for pulled the plug on our plant in Italy last week after the commissions decision, 226 jobs gone, workload now being split between UK and Sweden.

What has it got to do with the capital of Belgium "

Daily protests in Europe now

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"I did read the other day that Novovax were worried about a deal with the EU after what was happening with Astra zenica so am not surprised, the company I work for pulled the plug on our plant in Italy last week after the commissions decision, 226 jobs gone, workload now being split between UK and Sweden."
yes made in billingham Teesside bottled in Durham more good news for the northeast

Daily protests in Europe now"

Daily protests in the UK

By *eanoCoolMan  over a year ago

wisbech

The protests here and in the EU are anti lockdown/ anti vax protests, and they are not daily either in the UK or the EU.

"The protests here and in the EU are anti lockdown/ anti vax protests, and they are not daily either in the UK or the EU."

True,

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"The protests here and in the EU are anti lockdown/ anti vax protests, and they are not daily either in the UK or the EU."

Dont burst their bubble.

Daily posts on fab that don't relate to anything, now.

"Did the eu shoot its self in the foot over vaccine export to other countries?

The news that the Novavax vaccine is going to go through a process known as fill and finish in the UK is an interesting development.

Fill and finish is the process by which vaccines are packaged up in vials, ready to be sent out to vaccination clinics.

The original plan was for this to be done in Europe once the vaccine product was manufactured by plants in the north east.

But a deal has been struck with drug firm GSK to do that here."

Supposedly an effective vaccine too.

This is one of the ones being used in the states too.

Daily posts on fab that don't relate to anything, now."

It is hotter in the UK today than some places in the EU

near ipswich

so we are all in agreement then its great news for the uk.

westerham

"The protests here and in the EU are anti lockdown/ anti vax protests, and they are not daily either in the UK or the EU.

Dont burst their bubble."

My mistake, the Dutch for example sound thrilled about how the vaccines are going, no protests there:

“The Dutch government has come in for stinging criticism. One former public health director, Roel Coutinho, warned the country's "shameful" vaccination strategy was "going to cost lives".

During an emergency debate in parliament, opposition politicians called the approach "chaotic and confusing".

"Striking mismanagement by government," was the assessment of Tim, a doctor in general practice here. "We've almost had a year to plan ahead, arrange logistics and update software. But it's all coming down to the last moment."

"Embarrassing," lamented Arjen Joosse, a Dutch oncologist. "Too slow in preparation and wrong choices."

The systemic delays since the start of the pandemic are symptomatic of the Netherlands' bureaucratic health service, set up for efficiency but with many disparate elements making it inflexible.

Covid-19 has exposed it as sluggish when required to respond to rapidly shifting realities.

Tim, the Dutch GP (he declined to give his full name), told me: "We're lacking a crisis commander in what is essentially a war-like situation".

Alan Wouda, a 23-year old student, said the Dutch were "blinded by our nuchterheid (sobriety) - too stubborn to acknowledge we made mistakes".

Another student, Joelle Hibbel, asked "is it possible to be baffled and raging with anger at the same time?"

"That's how I feel about how the Dutch government is handling the pandemic in general and the vaccination process in particular."

By *eparrain1Man  over a year ago

Stone

"

Wishful thinking..

Stone

References please!!

Stone

Daily protests in the UK "

Stone

"The protests here and in the EU are anti lockdown/ anti vax protests, and they are not daily either in the UK or the EU.

Dont burst their bubble.

My mistake, the Dutch for example sound thrilled about how the vaccines are going, no protests there:

“The Dutch government has come in for stinging criticism. One former public health director, Roel Coutinho, warned the country's "shameful" vaccination strategy was "going to cost lives".

During an emergency debate in parliament, opposition politicians called the approach "chaotic and confusing".

"Striking mismanagement by government," was the assessment of Tim, a doctor in general practice here. "We've almost had a year to plan ahead, arrange logistics and update software. But it's all coming down to the last moment."

"Embarrassing," lamented Arjen Joosse, a Dutch oncologist. "Too slow in preparation and wrong choices."

The systemic delays since the start of the pandemic are symptomatic of the Netherlands' bureaucratic health service, set up for efficiency but with many disparate elements making it inflexible.

Covid-19 has exposed it as sluggish when required to respond to rapidly shifting realities.

Tim, the Dutch GP (he declined to give his full name), told me: "We're lacking a crisis commander in what is essentially a war-like situation".

Alan Wouda, a 23-year old student, said the Dutch were "blinded by our nuchterheid (sobriety) - too stubborn to acknowledge we made mistakes".

Another student, Joelle Hibbel, asked "is it possible to be baffled and raging with anger at the same time?"

"That's how I feel about how the Dutch government is handling the pandemic in general and the vaccination process in particular.""

Your source please

Come on professor!!

"so we are all in agreement then its great news for the uk. "

We all seem to be in general agreement, except for one chap who appears confused and is posting lots of non related stuff about Belgium.

westerham

References please!!"

See above, “raging with anger”

Stone

References please!!

See above, “raging with anger”"

verifiable sources professor!! come on

westerham

Dont burst their bubble.

"That's how I feel about how the Dutch government is handling the pandemic in general and the vaccination process in particular."

Your source please

Come on professor!!"

BBC

Which is as loony left woke Europhile liberal an institution as you can find, even they can’t ignore it.

Dont burst their bubble.

Your source please

Come on professor!!

BBC

Which is as loony left woke Europhile liberal an institution as you can find, even they can’t ignore it.

"

Plenty of protests in the UK, what does any of this mean?

Stone

Dont burst their bubble.

Your source please

Come on professor!!

BBC

"

BBc is the new Pravda

Dont burst their bubble.

Your source please

Come on professor!!

BBC

"

What is ‘loony left woke’ ?

Stone

Dont burst their bubble.

Your source please

Come on professor!!

BBC

What is ‘loony left woke’ ? "

The professor will juts repeat what he read in the 'Daily Bile'

Dont burst their bubble.

Your source please

Come on professor!!

BBC

"

It's much more fun when you stick to the "confused about brexit guy", than the "let's insult non-racists guy".

westerham

Dont burst their bubble.

Your source please

Come on professor!!

BBC

What is ‘loony left woke’ ? "

Nuclear free zones. Banning baa baa black sheep. Etc. Etc.

Dont burst their bubble.

Your source please

Come on professor!!

BBC

Nuclear free zones. Banning baa baa black sheep. Etc. Etc."

When did ‘they’ ban baa baa black sheep?

westerham

Dont burst their bubble.

Your source please

Come on professor!!

BBC

When did ‘they’ ban baa baa black sheep? "

When? Birmingham 1986.

Dont burst their bubble.

Your source please

Come on professor!!

BBC

When? Birmingham 1986."

Right, that must have been devastating for you, do you sometimes sing it when no one is looking, for old times sake?

Dont burst their bubble.

Your source please

Come on professor!!

BBC

When? Birmingham 1986."

Is this an important point in the discussion on Novavax?

Dont burst their bubble.

Your source please

Come on professor!!

BBC

When? Birmingham 1986.

Is this an important point in the discussion on Novavax?"

It must be, Chris is extremely upset about the rumour that the loony left (whoever they are ) have banned baa baa black sheep

thornaby

Dont burst their bubble.

Your source please

Come on professor!!

BBC

When? Birmingham 1986.

It must be, Chris is extremely upset about the rumour that the loony left (whoever they are ) have banned baa baa black sheep "

whoever they are lol

Dont burst their bubble.

Your source please

Come on professor!!

BBC

When? Birmingham 1986.

It must be, Chris is extremely upset about the rumour that the loony left (whoever they are ) have banned baa baa black sheep whoever they are lol"

Who are they? Name a few? Are you upset about them ‘banning ‘ baa baa black sheep?

westerham

Dont burst their bubble.

Your source please

Come on professor!!

BBC

When? Birmingham 1986.

Is this an important point in the discussion on Novavax?"

You raised the question, I answered it, big surprise you now no longer want to know lol

Anyway nuclear free zones are even funnier and still exist

thornaby

Dont burst their bubble.

Your source please

Come on professor!!

BBC

When? Birmingham 1986.

It must be, Chris is extremely upset about the rumour that the loony left (whoever they are ) have banned baa baa black sheep whoever they are lol

Who are they? Name a few? Are you upset about them ‘banning ‘ baa baa black sheep? "

do I sound upset mate lol

Dont burst their bubble.

Your source please

Come on professor!!

BBC

When? Birmingham 1986.

You raised the question, I answered it, big surprise you now no longer want to know lol

Anyway nuclear free zones are even funnier and still exist "

Everything okay today? You seem more confused than usual.

Dont burst their bubble.

Your source please

Come on professor!!

BBC

When? Birmingham 1986.

It must be, Chris is extremely upset about the rumour that the loony left (whoever they are ) have banned baa baa black sheep whoever they are lol

Who are they? Name a few? Are you upset about them ‘banning ‘ baa baa black sheep? do I sound upset mate lol "

I doubt it, the only person getting upset is Chris,

Dont burst their bubble.

Your source please

Come on professor!!

BBC

When? Birmingham 1986.

Anyway nuclear free zones are even funnier and still exist "

Why are nuclear free zones ‘funny’ ? What happens if you sing baa baa black sheep? Do you get sent to prison ?

liverpool

Dont burst their bubble.

Your source please

Come on professor!!

BBC

When? Birmingham 1986.

It must be, Chris is extremely upset about the rumour that the loony left (whoever they are ) have banned baa baa black sheep "

If you think an organisation that has employed nick Robinson, Laura kunsberg and andrew neill is 'loony left 'the mind boggles as to what you would consider right wing.

westerham

Dont burst their bubble.

Your source please

Come on professor!!

BBC

When? Birmingham 1986.

It must be, Chris is extremely upset about the rumour that the loony left (whoever they are ) have banned baa baa black sheep

If you think an organisation that has employed nick Robinson, Laura kunsberg and andrew neill is 'loony left 'the mind boggles as to what you would consider right wing."

They sacked Andrew and dear old Polly Toynbee makes up for a lot of centrists

liverpool

Dont burst their bubble.

Your source please

Come on professor!!

BBC

When? Birmingham 1986.

If you think an organisation that has employed nick Robinson, Laura kunsberg and andrew neill is 'loony left 'the mind boggles as to what you would consider right wing.

They sacked Andrew and dear old Polly Toynbee makes up for a lot of centrists "

What programme does polly toynbee present again?

westerham

Dont burst their bubble.

Your source please

Come on professor!!

BBC

When? Birmingham 1986.

Why are nuclear free zones ‘funny’ ? What happens if you sing baa baa black sheep? Do you get sent to prison ? "

There's something Pythonesque in declaring a nuclear free zone as if that's gonna stop the Chinese or North Korea when the bomb goes up.

Woah lads don't drop it there its one of those nuclear free zones lol

Dont burst their bubble.

Your source please

Come on professor!!

BBC

When? Birmingham 1986.

Why are nuclear free zones ‘funny’ ? What happens if you sing baa baa black sheep? Do you get sent to prison ?

There's something Pythonesque in declaring a nuclear free zone as if that's gonna stop the Chinese or North Korea when the bomb goes up.

Woah lads don't drop it there its one of those nuclear free zones lol "

Where are these ‘nuclear free zones’ ?

Dont burst their bubble.

Your source please

Come on professor!!

BBC

When? Birmingham 1986.

Woah lads don't drop it there its one of those nuclear free zones lol "

You sure do worry about a lot of bizarre stuff.

Tell us some more of your concerns.

Dont burst their bubble.

Your source please

Come on professor!!

BBC

When? Birmingham 1986.

Tell us some more of your concerns."

I am still trying to get over the baa baa black sheep ban, I was singing it the other day, now I am worried someone heard me and I am about to get prosecuted

Dont burst their bubble.

Your source please

Come on professor!!

BBC

When? Birmingham 1986.

Tell us some more of your concerns.

I am still trying to get over the baa baa black sheep ban, I was singing it the other day, now I am worried someone heard me and I am about to get prosecuted "

I'm surprised we're only hearing about this now. Seems like a top issue.

near ipswich

Just as i suspected when starting the post not one of the usual pro remainers have anything to say on the subject but pick up on the 1st thing they can to deflect from saying great news for the uk.

The EU seem to have royally fucked up again with their veiled threats to stop companies fulfilling their contracts and driving them away.

"Just as i suspected when starting the post not one of the usual pro remainers have anything to say on the subject but pick up on the 1st thing they can to deflect from saying great news for the uk.

The EU seem to have royally fucked up again with their veiled threats to stop companies fulfilling their contracts and driving them away. "

Are you looking at the same thread?

Most of us are agreeing. Except one guy who is getting upset about cities in Belgium and ba ba black sheep.

near ipswich

"Just as i suspected when starting the post not one of the usual pro remainers have anything to say on the subject but pick up on the 1st thing they can to deflect from saying great news for the uk.

The EU seem to have royally fucked up again with their veiled threats to stop companies fulfilling their contracts and driving them away.

Most of us are agreeing. Except one guy who is getting upset about cities in Belgium and ba ba black sheep."

Yes i think so or does your comment speak for everyone else? which if it does i apologise as i didnt know you were the spokesperson for the rest of your crew.

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

The EU seem to have royally fucked up again with their veiled threats to stop companies fulfilling their contracts and driving them away. "

liverpool

Most of us are agreeing. Except one guy who is getting upset about cities in Belgium and ba ba black sheep."

I don't think they understand the concept that people get the eu actually makes mistakes.

It doesn't compute with the fact that the bumbling oaf could take a dump on their front room and they would still blame the eu.

Most of us are agreeing. Except one guy who is getting upset about cities in Belgium and ba ba black sheep.

I don't think they understand the concept that people get the eu actually makes mistakes.

It doesn't compute with the fact that the bumbling oaf could take a dump on their front room and they would still blame the eu."

What sensible person thinks such vulgarity, let alone posts it on a public forum......?

Seriously....??

It doesn't compute with the fact that the bumbling oaf could take a dump on their front room and they would still blame the eu.

What sensible person thinks such vulgarity, let alone posts it on a public forum......?

Seriously....??"

Some people on this site like being pissed and dumped on,

liverpool

[Removed by poster at 30/03/21 18:01:16]

liverpool

Seriously....??

Some people on this site like being pissed and dumped on, "

This isnt about trump is it?

thornaby

Seriously....??

Some people on this site like being pissed and dumped on, "

you got something to tell us mate lol

Seriously....??

Some people on this site like being pissed and dumped on, you got something to tell us mate lol"

Ha, I don’t enjoy it, but I have seen people who do

Most of us are agreeing. Except one guy who is getting upset about cities in Belgium and ba ba black sheep.Yes i think so or does your comment speak for everyone else? which if it does i apologise as i didnt know you were the spokesperson for the rest of your crew. "

You said.

"Just as i suspected when starting the post not one of the usual pro remainers have anything to say on the subject but pick up on the 1st thing they can to deflect from saying great news for the uk."

I was just pointing out that it wasn't a remainer derailing the thread and "deflecting" with ramblings about nursery rhymes.

Also. I don't have a "crew". Do you think that everyone who questions the government, brexit and the world around them are all of one mind?

thornaby

Seriously....??

Some people on this site like being pissed and dumped on, you got something to tell us mate lol

Ha, I don’t enjoy it, but I have seen people who do "

well unlike you iv not tried and never will or seen anyone try it lol

near ipswich

Most of us are agreeing. Except one guy who is getting upset about cities in Belgium and ba ba black sheep.Yes i think so or does your comment speak for everyone else? which if it does i apologise as i didnt know you were the spokesperson for the rest of your crew.

You said.

"Just as i suspected when starting the post not one of the usual pro remainers have anything to say on the subject but pick up on the 1st thing they can to deflect from saying great news for the uk."

I was just pointing out that it wasn't a remainer derailing the thread and "deflecting" with ramblings about nursery rhymes.

Also. I don't have a "crew". Do you think that everyone who questions the government, brexit and the world around them are all of one mind?

"

you said "most of us agree" so when i scroll back and you are the only one to actually comment i can only take it that you are speaking for them otherwise how do you quantify that statement?

By *ebbie69Couple  over a year ago

milton keynes

It's great news for the UK. I guess the more we can produce here is good news for everyone. I did not know the fill and finish was originally to be done in the EU but can see the logic for both supplier and UK to have it done here and avoid being caught up in potential vaccine export bans

Seriously....??

Some people on this site like being pissed and dumped on, you got something to tell us mate lol

Ha, I don’t enjoy it, but I have seen people who do well unlike you iv not tried and never will or seen anyone try it lol"

Loads of people have water sports listed as their interests

thornaby

Seriously....??

Ha, I don’t enjoy it, but I have seen people who do well unlike you iv not tried and never will or seen anyone try it lol

Loads of people have water sports listed as their interests "

was talking more about the dump lol

Seriously....??

Ha, I don’t enjoy it, but I have seen people who do well unlike you iv not tried and never will or seen anyone try it lol

Loads of people have water sports listed as their interests was talking more about the dump lol"

There is no ‘dumping ‘ option but there will be people in here who enjoy being shat on

Most of us are agreeing. Except one guy who is getting upset about cities in Belgium and ba ba black sheep.Yes i think so or does your comment speak for everyone else? which if it does i apologise as i didnt know you were the spokesperson for the rest of your crew.

You said.

you said "most of us agree" so when i scroll back and you are the only one to actually comment i can only take it that you are speaking for them otherwise how do you quantify that statement?"

I dunno. Just seems like you're ire target is off.

This thread has one person deflecting and derailing it. Yet you choose to be annoyed at everyone else.

Crack on I suppose.

westerham

You said.

you said "most of us agree" so when i scroll back and you are the only one to actually comment i can only take it that you are speaking for them otherwise how do you quantify that statement?

This thread has one person deflecting and derailing it. Yet you choose to be annoyed at everyone else.

Crack on I suppose."

No, you asked me what the looney left was.

Being a nice guy I answered.

If you don’t want an answer to a particular question - which would be a rhetorical question - maybe flag it up by putting an R in brackets (R) so we know not to answer. Cheers awfully.

You said.

Crack on I suppose.

No, you asked me what the looney left was.

Being a nice guy I answered.

If you don’t want an answer to a particular question - which would be a rhetorical question - maybe flag it up by putting an R in brackets (R) so we know not to answer. Cheers awfully. "

I didn't.

You got me confused with someone else.

In any case. Your bizarre ramblings about baa baa black sheep were pretty funny. So it's all good.

westerham

It doesn't compute with the fact that the bumbling oaf could take a dump on their front room and they would still blame the eu."

A mistake is putting the bins out on the wrong day, or losing your car keys.

Not killing half a million or so extra people from bureaucratic cock ups and political game playing.

Not killing half a million or so extra people from bureaucratic cock ups and political game playing. "

When did that happen?

westerham

Not killing half a million or so extra people from bureaucratic cock ups and political game playing.

When did that happen? "

European death toll has just gone past a million total, with a third wave of increasing cases.

If it’s as few as half a million extra deaths that will now inevitably be caused in Europe it will be on the low side of tragically what is possible. Could end up much, much worse.

When did that happen?

European death toll has just gone past a million total, with a third wave of increasing cases.

If it’s as few as half a million extra deaths that will now inevitably be caused in Europe it will be on the low side of tragically what is possible. Could end up much, much worse."

Inevitably you say? Could be you say? What is the EUs combined death rate ? You must have the numbers

liverpool

Not killing half a million or so extra people from bureaucratic cock ups and political game playing. "

Sorry are we talking about the bumbling oaf here?

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

"Did the eu shoot its self in the foot over vaccine export to other countries?

But a deal has been struck with drug firm GSK to do that here."

westerham

When did that happen?

If it’s as few as half a million extra deaths that will now inevitably be caused in Europe it will be on the low side of tragically what is possible. Could end up much, much worse.

Inevitably you say? Could be you say? What is the EUs combined death rate ? You must have the numbers "

About 4,000 a day tragically. Another 125 day, even if infections level off, which they haven’t yet, and you do the math.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

Barnard Castle

When did that happen?

Inevitably you say? Could be you say? What is the EUs combined death rate ? You must have the numbers

About 4,000 a day tragically. Another 125 day, even if infections level off, which they haven’t yet, and you do the math."

Why are you using this weeks figures, the pandemic started over 12 months ago?

» Add a new message to this topic