FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > minimum wage rise today

minimum wage rise today

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ostafun OP   Man  over a year ago

near ipswich

good news for low paid workers and 23-24 y/o workers the minimum wage goes up for them today.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

near ipswich

Now there's me thinking this was a political forum and people were free to post things that are relevant but as usual your loony left want to shut down anything that doesn't suit their agenda and calls it propaganda

Well its actually true and i would have thought the left might actually be pleased but no i was wrong again.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Why have we always got to go off on a tangent all the time?

Why can’t we actually discuss the subject in hand rather than make veiled insults or just belittle each other.

It’s the same old posters making this a toxic forum. Both sides of this massive divide need your heads banging together.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Why have we always got to go off on a tangent all the time?

Why can’t we actually discuss the subject in hand rather than make veiled insults or just belittle each other.

It’s the same old posters making this a toxic forum. Both sides of this massive divide need your heads banging together. "

Because its pointless having debates with people so blind they literally cant see anything the gmnt can do as wromg.

I've slated labour off liads of times on here and the current leader is appaling.

Yet I've been on here for nearly a year now and certain people have not uttered a single word of critism against the gmnt.not 1 word.They just spew out propaganda and ignore any inconvenient facts.

It sounds extreme but they could literally start putting people in camps and I guarantee there would be some sort of justification.

Politics is supposed to be about debate.

How can you debate with someone who is so blinded ,the gmnt will never do wrong?

It's pointless.

near ipswich

so the government is wrong raising the minimum wage now unbelievable.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

As if by magic proving my point.

If anyone wants to point out where anyone actually said

Raising the minimum wage is wrong they get a special prize.

near ipswich

"

As if by magic proving my point.

If anyone wants to point out where anyone actually said

Raising the minimum wage is wrong they get a special prize."

Exactly as you said its about debate,i put a post up FOR debate and all you have done is liken me to Goebbels called it propaganda where is your so called debate in anything you have posted on this thread.

A prize for anyone who can find it.

By *hybloke67Man  over a year ago

ROMFORD

Here is your chance Lionel.

Is the minimum wage going up

A. Good

B. Bad

By *renzMan  over a year ago

Between Chichester and Havant

"Why have we always got to go off on a tangent all the time?

It’s the same old posters making this a toxic forum. Both sides of this massive divide need your heads banging together.

Because its pointless having debates with people so blind they literally cant see anything the gmnt can do as wromg.

I've slated labour off liads of times on here and the current leader is appaling.

Yet I've been on here for nearly a year now and certain people have not uttered a single word of critism against the gmnt.not 1 word.They just spew out propaganda and ignore any inconvenient facts.

It sounds extreme but they could literally start putting people in camps and I guarantee there would be some sort of justification.

Politics is supposed to be about debate.

How can you debate with someone who is so blinded ,the gmnt will never do wrong?

It's pointless."

Lionel, you need to look in a mirror.

I look at this forum but rarely join in these days for the exact points you have just made, but that's on both sides and there does just be two opinions. Whenever I have made a relevant point that doesn't seem to fit an agenda it gets ignored or belittled despite it being the experience I have had, albeit a personal experience, which is surely where debate comes in. But no, just two sides trying to get one over the other, whatever the subject. As you say.... pointless!

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

It is better than a kick in the teeth, but it should be at least the living wage.

near ipswich

"It is better than a kick in the teeth, but it should be at least the living wage.

"

Yes the living wage has been increased too along with the minimum wage.

Chudleigh

"It is better than a kick in the teeth, but it should be at least the living wage.

Yes the living wage has been increased too along with the minimum wage. "

..how about just having one and making it the Living Wage?

near ipswich

..how about just having one and making it the Living Wage? "

I think the tories are trying to head that way they have included the 23 to 24 y/o,s this year into the living wage hopefully next year it will drop futher.

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

"good news for low paid workers and 23-24 y/o workers the minimum wage goes up for them today."

Very good news I would have thought

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes the living wage has been increased too along with the minimum wage. "

How come this is good news, and yet all the austerity that the Tories used to crush the working classes was also good news?

Chudleigh

..how about just having one and making it the Living Wage? I think the tories are trying to head that way they have included the 23 to 24 y/o,s this year into the living wage hopefully next year it will drop futher."

They could have done it this year if they’d stopped buying more nukes of course. Not sure I feel more secure with that choice...

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

Good to see others agreeing its good news even if its through gritted teeth

Chudleigh

"Good to see others agreeing its good news even if its through gritted teeth"

Or seeing it as the least they could get away with? Does it improve your life?

"Good to see others agreeing its good news even if its through gritted teeth"

Are you saying that Conservative voters are reluctantly excepting that doing something for working class people is good news?

milton keynes

"Good to see others agreeing its good news even if its through gritted teeth

Or seeing it as the least they could get away with? Does it improve your life? "

Not mine directly but I do know some whome this will benefit so yes good news

milton keynes

Are you saying that Conservative voters are reluctantly excepting that doing something for working class people is good news?"

No saying others are agreeing its good news but reluctantly

Are you saying that Conservative voters are reluctantly excepting that doing something for working class people is good news?

No saying others are agreeing its good news but reluctantly"

Non-conservatives are usually the ones arguing in favour of the working class. Those who vote conservative are more likely to say, argue against feeding starving children.

So I'm not sure why you think this is a something that non-Tories would be reluctant to agree is a good thing.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"Now there's me thinking this was a political forum and people were free to post things that are relevant but as usual your loony left want to shut down anything that doesn't suit their agenda and calls it propaganda

Well its actually true and i would have thought the left might actually be pleased but no i was wrong again. "

You can post what you want, but 'government does something basic and sensible' isn't really much of a point of debate, is it. Yes, it's good they haven't stopped minimum wage increases.

Is there where we are now with this government - their supporters want us all to give them a round of applause for doing an expected thing?

ROMFORD

Are you saying that Conservative voters are reluctantly excepting that doing something for working class people is good news?"

Are you trying to implie that no working class people vote Conservative?

Are you trying to implie that no working class people vote Conservative?"

Not at all. Working class people are susceptible to propaganda. Just look at Brexit as an example.

But only an absolute lunatic would suggest that the Tories give a flying fuck about anyone except big businesses and rich individuals that donate to their party.

ROMFORD

Not at all. Working class people are susceptible to propaganda. Just look at Brexit as an example.

But only an absolute lunatic would suggest that the Tories give a flying fuck about anyone except big businesses and rich individuals that donate to their party."

So you are now saying working class people who vote Conservative are gullible because they choose not to vote the way you think they should?

But only an absolute lunatic would suggest that the Tories give a flying fuck about anyone except big businesses and rich individuals that donate to their party.

So you are now saying working class people who vote Conservative are gullible because they choose not to vote the way you think they should?"

Where are you getting "gullible" from? That's not what I said.

And what's "the way I think they should"?

You've made a whole bunch of assumptions here. Why would you do that? Can't we just debate the point without stupid assumptions about eachother?

ROMFORD

So you are now saying working class people who vote Conservative are gullible because they choose not to vote the way you think they should?

You've made a whole bunch of assumptions here. Why would you do that? Can't we just debate the point without stupid assumptions about eachother?"

I'm trying to understand why you said:

"Conservative voters are reluctantly excepting that doing something for working class people is good news"

When in fact you agree working class people do actually vote Conservative so why would working class people be reluctant accept something that benefits themselves?

You've made a whole bunch of assumptions here. Why would you do that? Can't we just debate the point without stupid assumptions about eachother?

I'm trying to understand why you said:

"Conservative voters are reluctantly excepting that doing something for working class people is good news"

When in fact you agree working class people do actually vote Conservative so why would working class people be reluctant accept something that benefits themselves?"

You missed the first few words off the quote.

This was a question asking for clarification.

milton keynes

No saying others are agreeing its good news but reluctantly

Non-conservatives are usually the ones arguing in favour of the working class. Those who vote conservative are more likely to say, argue against feeding starving children.

So I'm not sure why you think this is a something that non-Tories would be reluctant to agree is a good thing.

"

Look at the responses on this thread. Some like me say its great news and that's it where as others are more like well it's what they should be doing or they should increase other things too. Why can't they just say this is great news, plain and simple

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

Does that mean the furlough payments will be higher? As in its now 80% of a higher amount.

Not good news for the public purse all the small businesses that have had a very difficult 12 months.

When the hospitality sector opens up and furlough ends, the UK will be in a massive recession all what's happening now is just putting it off and storing things up for later.

The hospitality and retail sector will not be able to afford the wages especially if they have higher expenses to be Covid secure. There will be massive redundancies and millions unemployed and this increase will not help.

[Removed by poster at 05/04/21 11:15:53]

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

"Does that mean the furlough payments will be higher? As in its now 80% of a higher amount.

Not good news for the public purse all the small businesses that have had a very difficult 12 months.

When the hospitality sector opens up and furlough ends, the UK will be in a massive recession all what's happening now is just putting it off and storing things up for later.

The hospitality and retail sector will not be able to afford the wages especially if they have higher expenses to be Covid secure. There will be massive redundancies and millions unemployed and this increase will not help. "

reducing hospitality and retails dependence on benefit hand outs from the tax payer is a good thing. increasing minimum wage will enable these business owners to stand on their own two feet and restore their sense of pride that they can do business without the need for the welfare state to support them.

near ipswich

But only an absolute lunatic would suggest that the Tories give a flying fuck about anyone except big businesses and rich individuals that donate to their party."

So why aren't they susceptible to the labour party's propaganda? It seems to me anyone who doesn't vote the way you do are either thick or gullible in your eyes.

But only an absolute lunatic would suggest that the Tories give a flying fuck about anyone except big businesses and rich individuals that donate to their party.So why aren't they susceptible to the labour party's propaganda? It seems to me anyone who doesn't vote the way you do are either thick or gullible in your eyes. "

Steady on captain. Making incorrect assumptions, putting words in my mouth and then getting angry about it.

Does that somehow relate to the point?

I guess it's easier to attack the person than to defend the Tories.

To answer your question, I suspect it's because the majority of the press is right wing, pro Tory and anti labour. Why do you think?

near ipswich

But only an absolute lunatic would suggest that the Tories give a flying fuck about anyone except big businesses and rich individuals that donate to their party.So why aren't they susceptible to the labour party's propaganda? It seems to me anyone who doesn't vote the way you do are either thick or gullible in your eyes.

Steady on captain. Making incorrect assumptions, putting words in my mouth and then getting angry about it.

To answer your question, I suspect it's because the majority of the press is right wing, pro Tory and anti labour. Why do you think?"

Personally i respect people what ever they vote for,everyone is different and has different opinions and needs, i would never think to insult them by saying they are susceptible to the media or propaganda as you do. Everyone has their own reasons for the way they vote and instead of thinking you are superior because they dont think the way you do is just wrong.

By *uliaChrisCouple  over a year ago

westerham

But only an absolute lunatic would suggest that the Tories give a flying fuck about anyone except big businesses and rich individuals that donate to their party.So why aren't they susceptible to the labour party's propaganda? It seems to me anyone who doesn't vote the way you do are either thick or gullible in your eyes.

To answer your question, I suspect it's because the majority of the press is right wing, pro Tory and anti labour. Why do you think?"

Wage compression of the lowest paid has been simultaneous with the rise in unchecked low skilled immigration. The only recent year in which there was a real terms increase in wages was 2019, when immigration went down.

The working classes you look down on understand that point perfectly well, because they live it.

To answer your question, I suspect it's because the majority of the press is right wing, pro Tory and anti labour. Why do you think?Personally i respect people what ever they vote for,everyone is different and has different opinions and needs, i would never think to insult them by saying they are susceptible to the media or propaganda as you do. Everyone has their own reasons for the way they vote and instead of thinking you are superior because they dont think the way you do is just wrong. "

I mean, you do exclusively attack anyone who dares to question the Tories.

And you're still making up nonsense about me instead of addressing the point.

Why not try that instead of making up a load of horse shit about me?

"

The working classes you look down on understand that point perfectly well, because they live it. "

If you guys can learn to discuss the issues without personal insults. We can give it a go.

If you'd rather make up a load of bollocks about me. Then fine, crack on. But it's utterly pointless to continue.

By *uliaChrisCouple  over a year ago

westerham

"

The working classes you look down on understand that point perfectly well, because they live it.

If you guys can learn to discuss the issues without personal insults. We can give it a go.

If you'd rather make up a load of bollocks about me. Then fine, crack on. But it's utterly pointless to continue.

"

You just said ITT :

“Working class people are susceptible to propaganda. Just look at Brexit as an example.“

It’s really not necessary to make anything up about you.

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

To answer your question, I suspect it's because the majority of the press is right wing, pro Tory and anti labour. Why do you think?Personally i respect people what ever they vote for,everyone is different and has different opinions and needs, i would never think to insult them by saying they are susceptible to the media or propaganda as you do. Everyone has their own reasons for the way they vote and instead of thinking you are superior because they dont think the way you do is just wrong. "

"

You just said ITT :

“Working class people are susceptible to propaganda. Just look at Brexit as an example.“

It’s really not necessary to make anything up about you. "

Uh hu.

So why am I "looking down on..."

Again. If you want to debate the points, fine. If you want to just insult people, I've no interest.

So....the UK should be clapping out loud that the Conservatives have raised the minimum wage? With all this praise heaped on their shoulders, I’d expected something bank-bursting......

Apprentices have a 15p per hour rise......to £4.30

Under 18’s up by 7p

21-24’s were £8.20 and 25+ were £8.72, now 23+ are £8.91

And you are arguing this is some sort of amazing wage rise? Please.....get over yourselves.

By *ust PeachyWoman  over a year ago

Prestonish

So - it seems the New minimum wage will be £9.50 from April for adults over 23.

Although much of this will be absorbed in increased costs of food, heating and petrol etc - and the decrease in UC - it’ll still help people like myself (when I find work) - and many in my area as my town is a low wage area - with even many fairly skilled jobs such as admin roles or jobs with unsocial hours advertised at minimum wage.

So - who else will this help?

You personally? Or if not you - do you live in a low wage area like me?

Or are you an employer who’ll struggle to pay increased wages and have to pass the cost onto already cash strapped customers?

I’m curious to know what everyone thinks - and what they feel the effects will be. X

» Add a new message to this topic