FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > May elections

May elections

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *bernath OP   Couple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

I think this election is not going to give any indication of how things will be, come the next general election.

Labour are playing it pretty cool, some might say too cool, but it seems like a good tactic, give the conservatives their day in the sun for now.

I guess it is a true maxim, you pick your battles. Give the conservatives this election, prepare for the bigger one in the next few years.

Clever.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"I think this election is not going to give any indication of how things will be, come the next general election.

Labour are playing it pretty cool, some might say too cool, but it seems like a good tactic, give the conservatives their day in the sun for now.

I guess it is a true maxim, you pick your battles. Give the conservatives this election, prepare for the bigger one in the next few years.

Clever."

If people vote in local elections on the basis of national circumstances, then people are more stupid than we think.

This can be the problem with identity politics if ideology trumps logic and facts. You can end up with a local council that is organised, well run and efficient getting booted out because of a perception that their allegiances are not in accordance with current populist sentiment.

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

"We didn't want to win it, to give us a better chance of winning the next election...."

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

[Removed by poster at 12/04/21 05:23:09]

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

The only leaflet that I've had delivered so far, was from the Labour candidate. So he's in prime position to get my vote.

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"I think this election is not going to give any indication of how things will be, come the next general election.

Clever."

I've heard of getting excuses in early but...

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

It isnt gona be be a we won the argument sort of excuse again is it

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Kind of alarming that Labour could lose Hartlepool. That should have members sat up and paying attention. I don’t think anyone with a foot in reality would see that as a ‘long game’ or a viable strategy for victory.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Clever."

Labour played it too cool on Brexit, look where that got them. They need to start doing something if they intend to get anywhere in the elections.

Clever.

Labour played it too cool on Brexit, look where that got them. They need to start doing something if they intend to get anywhere in the elections."

This 1000%

Right now they’re going nowhere very quickly. Even with all the blatant government corruption and fuckaboutery over covid, the Tories are still ahead by a good margin. The party needs to give its head a wobble.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Clever."

It sound to me you are making excuses before its even happened

Where’s Lionel when you need him

By *urreyfun38Couple  over a year ago

croydon

Clever.

If people vote in local elections on the basis of national circumstances, then people are more stupid than we think.

This can be the problem with identity politics if ideology trumps logic and facts. You can end up with a local council that is organised, well run and efficient getting booted out because of a perception that their allegiances are not in accordance with current populist sentiment."

Or you end up with such an inept one that still gets voted in no matter how poor they are.

Hopefully labour will get a tonking this year they have been in charge of are local parish and council for yrs never changed still shite hopefully the young will help another group get in and change it up.

» Add a new message to this topic