FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > A surge in the virus

A surge in the virus

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ostafun OP   Man  over a year ago

near ipswich

What a surprise a surge in covid cases in south London in and around Clapham,who would have thought that after the scenes there the other week.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"What a surprise a surge in covid cases in south London in and around Clapham,who would have thought that after the scenes there the other week. "

Maybe the royal attendee will reflect on the fact that she didn’t wear a mask.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"What a surprise a surge in covid cases in south London in and around Clapham,who would have thought that after the scenes there the other week. "

It’s to do with a few cases of the South African variant being found in the borough .... but don’t let fact get in the way of you trying to score a point or 2

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There will be surges everywhere in the next few weeks

near ipswich

"What a surprise a surge in covid cases in south London in and around Clapham,who would have thought that after the scenes there the other week.

It’s to do with a few cases of the South African variant being found in the borough .... but don’t let fact get in the way of you trying to score a point or 2"

Not trying to score points, who would have thought failing to social distance would result in that.

"What a surprise a surge in covid cases in south London in and around Clapham,who would have thought that after the scenes there the other week.

It’s to do with a few cases of the South African variant being found in the borough .... but don’t let fact get in the way of you trying to score a point or 2"

It takes people to not follow the rules to spread better, doesnt it _abio?

It’s to do with a few cases of the South African variant being found in the borough .... but don’t let fact get in the way of you trying to score a point or 2

It takes people to not follow the rules to spread better, doesnt it _abio? "

You better inform all the idiots outside the pubs in my area then

You better inform all the idiots outside the pubs in my area then "

Waste of time unfortunately..

Time to get the covid surf board ready for the next wave..

Newcastle and Gateshead

It’s to do with a few cases of the South African variant being found in the borough .... but don’t let fact get in the way of you trying to score a point or 2Not trying to score points, who would have thought failing to social distance would result in that. "

I really.... really hate to shatter your illusion, but it’s being reported that they are tracing the outbreak of the South African variant ( which so far is 40 people confirmed and 30 probable with this variant across 2 London boroughs) back to 1 person who travelled into the uk from Africa in February .... the country was not originally on the red quarantine list, which would have meant the person would have had to have stayed in an airport hotel for 14 days, but is now!

It’s is though that individual passed it onto members of their household... to which it ended up in a care home in Lambeth , 13 staff and 10 residents!

Newcastle and Gateshead

This may be the best case of “swing and a miss” an OP in ages

Does 2+2 equal 5????????

near ipswich

It’s to do with a few cases of the South African variant being found in the borough .... but don’t let fact get in the way of you trying to score a point or 2Not trying to score points, who would have thought failing to social distance would result in that.

I really.... really hate to shatter your illusion, but it’s being reported that they are tracing the outbreak of the South African variant ( which so far is 40 people confirmed and 30 probable with this variant across 2 London boroughs) back to 1 person who travelled into the uk from Africa in February .... the country was not originally on the red quarantine list, which would have meant the person would have had to have stayed in an airport hotel for 14 days, but is now!

It’s is though that individual passed it onto members of their household... to which it ended up in a care home in Lambeth , 13 staff and 10 residents!

"

Where is this being reported then? nothing on the local news about it?

Newcastle and Gateshead

BBC website....

near ipswich

"BBC website.... "
looked at that too didn't see anything about the tracing of it .

near ipswich

yes found it now i wonder how many went to Clapham common

"yes found it now i wonder how many went to Clapham common "

I wonder how many didn’t go to Clapham Common

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

You better inform all the idiots outside the pubs in my area then "

so are you against the beer gardens opening up then lol

You better inform all the idiots outside the pubs in my area then so are you against the beer gardens opening up then lol"

Definitely not, I am against big groups of idiots ignoring social distancing and breaking the rules, I feel sorry for the pub owners

near ipswich

"yes found it now i wonder how many went to Clapham common

I wonder how many didn’t go to Clapham Common "

exactly who knows and will we ever but it only takes one in a large no social distancing crowd.

I wonder how many didn’t go to Clapham Common exactly who knows and will we ever but it only takes one in a large no social distancing crowd."

It does, same outside a pub, in a supermarket, at a workplace,

near ipswich

I wonder how many didn’t go to Clapham Common exactly who knows and will we ever but it only takes one in a large no social distancing crowd.

It does, same outside a pub, in a supermarket, at a workplace, "

Exactly thats why social distancing is so important no matter what circumstances im glad we agree.

thornaby

I wonder how many didn’t go to Clapham Common exactly who knows and will we ever but it only takes one in a large no social distancing crowd.

It does, same outside a pub, in a supermarket, at a workplace, "

I think a few dozen in a beer garden is a lot safer than tens of thousands in premark and supermarkets

It does, same outside a pub, in a supermarket, at a workplace, I think a few dozen in a beer garden is a lot safer than tens of thousands in premark and supermarkets "

Agreed, if there is social distancing then all is good, unfortunately alcohol clouds people’s judgement,

Newcastle and Gateshead

"yes found it now i wonder how many went to Clapham common "

You mean the residents of the care home... and all of the staff... I mean, that one hotspot alone covers about 1/3 of the entire known cases of this variant outbreak so far!!!!

Look... you tried to make a point... failed miserably... just take the L and slope of sheepishly

near ipswich

It does, same outside a pub, in a supermarket, at a workplace, I think a few dozen in a beer garden is a lot safer than tens of thousands in premark and supermarkets

Agreed, if there is social distancing then all is good, unfortunately alcohol clouds people’s judgement, "

It does along with protests it seems.

thornaby

It does, same outside a pub, in a supermarket, at a workplace, I think a few dozen in a beer garden is a lot safer than tens of thousands in premark and supermarkets

Agreed, if there is social distancing then all is good, unfortunately alcohol clouds people’s judgement, "

maybe but it’s outside unlike shops and they where the only place that done track and trace it’s easy to sanitize tables and glasses unlike aisles of tinned food in supermarkets

near ipswich

You mean the residents of the care home... and all of the staff... I mean, that one hotspot alone covers about 1/3 of the entire known cases of this variant outbreak so far!!!!

Look... you tried to make a point... failed miserably... just take the L and slope of sheepishly "

Im not sloping off anywhere mate im not like you after your epic fail on brexit outcomes. You fail to mention its only an assumption and the cases in the care home are only a proportion of those who have it.

good to see you back in the politics forum though

Agreed, if there is social distancing then all is good, unfortunately alcohol clouds people’s judgement, It does along with protests it seems."

Same outside the pubs

Agreed, if there is social distancing then all is good, unfortunately alcohol clouds people’s judgement, maybe but it’s outside unlike shops and they where the only place that done track and trace it’s easy to sanitize tables and glasses unlike aisles of tinned food in supermarkets "

Supermarkets are essential, other shops and pubs aren’t , but I know what your saying

near ipswich

Agreed, if there is social distancing then all is good, unfortunately alcohol clouds people’s judgement, It does along with protests it seems.

Same outside the pubs "

you dont need to keep repeating yourself i agree along with protests.

Agreed, if there is social distancing then all is good, unfortunately alcohol clouds people’s judgement, It does along with protests it seems.

Same outside the pubs you dont need to keep repeating yourself i agree along with protests. "

thornaby

Agreed, if there is social distancing then all is good, unfortunately alcohol clouds people’s judgement, maybe but it’s outside unlike shops and they where the only place that done track and trace it’s easy to sanitize tables and glasses unlike aisles of tinned food in supermarkets

Supermarkets are essential, other shops and pubs aren’t , but I know what your saying "

I think the people who work in the pub trade would disagree and after the last yr we have had I think people need the pubs if only for there mental health lol

Agreed, if there is social distancing then all is good, unfortunately alcohol clouds people’s judgement, maybe but it’s outside unlike shops and they where the only place that done track and trace it’s easy to sanitize tables and glasses unlike aisles of tinned food in supermarkets

Supermarkets are essential, other shops and pubs aren’t , but I know what your saying I think the people who work in the pub trade would disagree and after the last yr we have had I think people need the pubs if only for there mental health lol"

Like I said, I am glad they are open, I just hope the idiots who don’t follow the rules don’t ruin it for the majority that do

Newcastle and Gateshead

Look... you tried to make a point... failed miserably... just take the L and slope of sheepishly Im not sloping off anywhere mate im not like you after your epic fail on brexit outcomes. You fail to mention its only an assumption and the cases in the care home are only a proportion of those who have it.

good to see you back in the politics forum though "

Well since the surge testing is only there to trace the South African variant..... and they have found 70 confirmed or suspected cases of it.. and they can trace the person coming into the country thru to a household and then into a care home, which accounts for 25, in the very two boroughs they are doing the surge testing, hence why surge testing in first place!

hmmmmm... that would have to be one hell of a coincidence wouldn’t it!

Unless you are now saying the government’s own track and trace does not work....

Look I know you tried to muddy the water and put two and two together and try to twist it so it suited your narrative..... but it doesn’t

By *eanoCoolMan  over a year ago

wisbech

Supermarkets are essential, other shops and pubs aren’t , but I know what your saying I think the people who work in the pub trade would disagree and after the last yr we have had I think people need the pubs if only for there mental health lol

Like I said, I am glad they are open, I just hope the idiots who don’t follow the rules don’t ruin it for the majority that do "

well said.

They should have developed a beer vaccine, that would have solved the situation

By *eanoCoolMan  over a year ago

wisbech

"They should have developed a beer vaccine, that would have solved the situation "

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Well said _abio

By *rystal DreamtimeTV/TS  over a year ago

horsham

Supermarkets are essential, other shops and pubs aren’t , but I know what your saying I think the people who work in the pub trade would disagree and after the last yr we have had I think people need the pubs if only for there mental health lol"

Without the pub the people of Boro have been living in an alternative reality ! Some have even been waking up sober and asking “ Do we really live in a shithole ? “ .. Officials are hoping that with the easing of lockdown restrictions and a return to “ Getting Blathered and having a fight “ will bring back a sense of normality to those suffering Mental Health issues ..

Yesterday one nutter bastard from Stockton said “ it’s been terrible , I’ve started to care for other people’s well being and taking an interest in nature , just want to get back to getting pissed and kicking someone’s fooking head in “

Hospital staff have also voiced concerns one health worker saying “ whilst covid have boosted jobs and kept us all busy , it’s not the same as the busy times of alcohol related incidents . Everyone is coming in sober , I haven’t seen a glass to the face injury for months ..

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

It’s to do with a few cases of the South African variant being found in the borough .... but don’t let fact get in the way of you trying to score a point or 2Well said _abio"

Detected by analysing sewage water. A fabulous scientific procedure that could help with many things in the future.

Supermarkets are essential, other shops and pubs aren’t , but I know what your saying I think the people who work in the pub trade would disagree and after the last yr we have had I think people need the pubs if only for there mental health lol

Without the pub the people of Boro have been living in an alternative reality ! Some have even been waking up sober and asking “ Do we really live in a shithole ? “ .. Officials are hoping that with the easing of lockdown restrictions and a return to “ Getting Blathered and having a fight “ will bring back a sense of normality to those suffering Mental Health issues ..

Yesterday one nutter bastard from Stockton said “ it’s been terrible , I’ve started to care for other people’s well being and taking an interest in nature , just want to get back to getting pissed and kicking someone’s fooking head in “

Hospital staff have also voiced concerns one health worker saying “ whilst covid have boosted jobs and kept us all busy , it’s not the same as the busy times of alcohol related incidents . Everyone is coming in sober , I haven’t seen a glass to the face injury for months .. "

thornaby

Hospital staff have also voiced concerns one health worker saying “ whilst covid have boosted jobs and kept us all busy , it’s not the same as the busy times of alcohol related incidents . Everyone is coming in sober , I haven’t seen a glass to the face injury for months .. "

that’s a very sad post of you just because your life in teeside was shit no need to talk shit about the rest up here if you want to talk about shitholes talk about the one you live in now Teesside is nothing like the same as when you left we get enough bad press up here with our stupid posts like that

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"that’s a very sad post of you just because your life in teeside was shit no need to talk shit about the rest up here if you want to talk about shitholes talk about the one you live in now Teesside is nothing like the same as when you left we get enough bad press up here with our stupid posts like that "

horsham

Hospital staff have also voiced concerns one health worker saying “ whilst covid have boosted jobs and kept us all busy , it’s not the same as the busy times of alcohol related incidents . Everyone is coming in sober , I haven’t seen a glass to the face injury for months .. that’s a very sad post of you just because your life in teeside was shit no need to talk shit about the rest up here if you want to talk about shitholes talk about the one you live in now Teesside is nothing like the same as when you left we get enough bad press up here with our stupid posts like that "

And some fell in stony ground .. I had heard that Chubby was no longer popular and that Boro Pat was no longer culturally correct ..

Teeside losing its sense of humour ? Glad I left ..

thornaby

Hospital staff have also voiced concerns one health worker saying “ whilst covid have boosted jobs and kept us all busy , it’s not the same as the busy times of alcohol related incidents . Everyone is coming in sober , I haven’t seen a glass to the face injury for months .. that’s a very sad post of you just because your life in teeside was shit no need to talk shit about the rest up here if you want to talk about shitholes talk about the one you live in now Teesside is nothing like the same as when you left we get enough bad press up here with our stupid posts like that

And some fell in stony ground .. I had heard that Chubby was no longer popular and that Boro Pat was no longer culturally correct ..

Teeside losing its sense of humour ? Glad I left .. "

well you heard wrong about chubby then it’s you who’s lost your humour it wasn’t funny at all just a dig at Teesside I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy your time up here but your in the minority most people are proud to be from here

horsham

Hospital staff have also voiced concerns one health worker saying “ whilst covid have boosted jobs and kept us all busy , it’s not the same as the busy times of alcohol related incidents . Everyone is coming in sober , I haven’t seen a glass to the face injury for months .. that’s a very sad post of you just because your life in teeside was shit no need to talk shit about the rest up here if you want to talk about shitholes talk about the one you live in now Teesside is nothing like the same as when you left we get enough bad press up here with our stupid posts like that

Teeside losing its sense of humour ? Glad I left .. well you heard wrong about chubby then it’s you who’s lost your humour it wasn’t funny at all just a dig at Teesside I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy your time up here but your in the minority most people are proud to be from here "

I lost my humour when they held me down and smashed my skull in with a brick because how I was dressed ..

You’re right though I am in a minority and most are proud of being from ‘ around here “ That’s what frightens me the most ,,

thornaby

Teeside losing its sense of humour ? Glad I left .. well you heard wrong about chubby then it’s you who’s lost your humour it wasn’t funny at all just a dig at Teesside I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy your time up here but your in the minority most people are proud to be from here

I lost my humour when they held me down and smashed my skull in with a brick because how I was dressed ..

You’re right though I am in a minority and most are proud of being from ‘ around here “ That’s what frightens me the most ,, "

so because of your bad experience you tar the whole of Teesside then and what happened to you here doesn’t happen up and down the country and can I ask when was that ?

Newcastle and Gateshead

Teeside losing its sense of humour ? Glad I left .. well you heard wrong about chubby then it’s you who’s lost your humour it wasn’t funny at all just a dig at Teesside I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy your time up here but your in the minority most people are proud to be from here

You’re right though I am in a minority and most are proud of being from ‘ around here “ That’s what frightens me the most ,, so because of your bad experience you tar the whole of Teesside then and what happened to you here doesn’t happen up and down the country and can I ask when was that ?"

Seriously... you are missing the days when the jolly folk of Tyneside coming down in their best hazmat suits and singing songs of lore about 2 headed fish... and the lovely purple skies over the ICI factory....

I kid because I love.......

thornaby

You’re right though I am in a minority and most are proud of being from ‘ around here “ That’s what frightens me the most ,, so because of your bad experience you tar the whole of Teesside then and what happened to you here doesn’t happen up and down the country and can I ask when was that ?

Seriously... you are missing the days when the jolly folk of Tyneside coming down in their best hazmat suits and singing songs of lore about 2 headed fish... and the lovely purple skies over the ICI factory....

I kid because I love....... "

haha we always miss the geordies ?? and the skies are beutifull now ici as gone pop down Fabio you’d love it lol

horsham

You’re right though I am in a minority and most are proud of being from ‘ around here “ That’s what frightens me the most ,, so because of your bad experience you tar the whole of Teesside then and what happened to you here doesn’t happen up and down the country and can I ask when was that ?"

It wasent just one persons experience though was it .. Lots of us left . You asked once about friends I had up there . I told you I didn’t have any , that doesn’t mean I don’t have friends who used to live up there too . I’ve met loads of former Teesiders ( The accent gives us away ) and we all have the same story to tell , A friend I have on the other site grow up in Eston just the other side of Grangetown the poor Bugger ! and he is much younger than me , so don’t try to make out it’s a generational thing . Yes it happens in plenty of other places up and down the country and those people leave too and generally congregate in places that feel more welcoming and safer ..

And for sure these places too have there own no go areas .

The real problem for me with Teeside which as you know was I was born , grow up and lived for 25 years, is it still try’s to defend itself exactly as you are doing now .

thornaby

You’re right though I am in a minority and most are proud of being from ‘ around here “ That’s what frightens me the most ,, so because of your bad experience you tar the whole of Teesside then and what happened to you here doesn’t happen up and down the country and can I ask when was that ?

It wasent just one persons experience though was it .. Lots of us left . You asked once about friends I had up there . I told you I didn’t have any , that doesn’t mean I don’t have friends who used to live up there too . I’ve met loads of former Teesiders ( The accent gives us away ) and we all have the same story to tell , A friend I have on the other site grow up in Eston just the other side of Grangetown the poor Bugger ! and he is much younger than me , so don’t try to make out it’s a generational thing . Yes it happens in plenty of other places up and down the country and those people leave too and generally congregate in places that feel more welcoming and safer ..

The real problem for me with Teeside which as you know was I was born , grow up and lived for 25 years, is it still try’s to defend itself exactly as you are doing now .

"

defend its self so tell me then what would you like me to say about Teesside then ? You say you left to go to a more welcoming place but ple ty from down south would say the north is the more welcoming your experience of Teesside is a bad one and that’s sad but like you said you live in a place woth no go areas so I fail to see yr point

horsham

defend its self so tell me then what would you like me to say about Teesside then ? You say you left to go to a more welcoming place but ple ty from down south would say the north is the more welcoming your experience of Teesside is a bad one and that’s sad but like you said you live in a place woth no go areas so I fail to see yr point "

Ah the legend of the friendly North East .. I’ve been asked that question many times ..

Apologies to the original poster I fear we are stealing this thread

What would I say to Teeside ? I wouldn’t say anything to it but I would ask it a question . well 2 actually ..

Why is Chubby still popular , And why does it still listen to its elders ?

Ps and no I didn’t say I lived in a no go area ..

Newcastle and Gateshead

The op needed the north east hijack anyway as the original synopsis for the post has been debunked.... but it’s still funny how he tried to defend it though

thornaby

defend its self so tell me then what would you like me to say about Teesside then ? You say you left to go to a more welcoming place but ple ty from down south would say the north is the more welcoming your experience of Teesside is a bad one and that’s sad but like you said you live in a place woth no go areas so I fail to see yr point

Ah the legend of the friendly North East .. I’ve been asked that question many times ..

Apologies to the original poster I fear we are stealing this thread

What would I say to Teeside ? I wouldn’t say anything to it but I would ask it a question . well 2 actually ..

Why is Chubby still popular , And why does it still listen to its elders ?

Ps and no I didn’t say I lived in a no go area .. "

the way you talking about Teesside today is a lot different to how you talked about it a few months ago to me but that’s fair enough you had a bad experience here but lots of people have similar all over the country I mean I got jumped in Liverpool but I still love the place I don’t tar a full city because of a few wankers chubby was a lad from a rough council estate and did well for himself it was from a different time and what are you talking about Teesside listening to it’s elders lmao you said were you live there are no go areas

» Add a new message to this topic