FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Should the Government stay out of the Football foray . . .

Should the Government stay out of the Football foray . . .

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atEvolution OP   Couple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Between the Suupi Duppi and the not so Suupi Duupi League.

(Quite funny actually that someone just makes up a name 'The fantastic Better than Anything Else on the Planet League' and suddenly some people think it has to be better.)

At first glance I'm thinking that Boris shouldn't have anything to do with it's outcome or it's business - unless of course it's anti-british or monopolistic - his opinion about it should be counted just like mine or yours of course.

Either way, EUFA or Suupi Duupi - it's only about Suupi Duupi Money making.

What say you?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Personally, as a football fan I don't want it.

However, this is a cross-border conglomerate. Politics shouldn't be coming into it.

"Personally, as a football fan I don't want it.

However, this is a cross-border conglomerate. Politics shouldn't be coming into it."

I should have declared too - I don't want it either. And no The Government shouldn't be involved.

No they shouldn't it will be interesting to see how far they try to intervene if they were that bothered they should have stopped the money yrs ago now it's just a business and like any business it's about profit nothing more you reap what you sow.

They might need to intervene to save integrity of the lower leagues.

If UEFA do ban, as is their right, the Top Six.

Imagine the Euros with all the top six English players missing. With them we have the chance of a good run, without them we would be a joke.

I'm not in favour of the government stepping in on non-govermental matters.

This new super League sounds like a terrible idea all round.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

No relegations ect all sounds like you would be watching endless exhibition matches

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Between the Suupi Duppi and the not so Suupi Duupi League.

(Quite funny actually that someone just makes up a name 'The fantastic Better than Anything Else on the Planet League' and suddenly some people think it has to be better.)

At first glance I'm thinking that Boris shouldn't have anything to do with it's outcome or it's business - unless of course it's anti-british or monopolistic - his opinion about it should be counted just like mine or yours of course.

What say you?

"

3 American owners... 1 emirati owner and 1 Russian oligarch trying to bleed British football dry....

They have no interest in the fans

By *uliaChrisCouple  over a year ago

westerham

What say you?

3 American owners... 1 emirati owner and 1 Russian oligarch trying to bleed British football dry....

They have no interest in the fans"

Well fans of clubs like Man U who sold their shares to whoever years ago are reaping the whirlwind. They played themselves.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Do not think the government can do much to be honest but it would not do for either party to not lend support to the football lovers in this land

By *ornyfuckers66Couple  over a year ago

fife

Won’t happen but they are posturing for something to change

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

What say you?

They have no interest in the fans"

I agree but not just foreign owners look at Mike Ashley

By *RCADIAN HAZECouple  over a year ago

Rotherham/ Barnsley

All football should be banned lol...over paid bunch of girls blouses that can attract the hardest of nutters who wung think twice abart battering some poor twat with out emotion...yet can cry when a big girl miss kicks a bag of wind.... ....thats my bit said lol ??...oh and women can't play drums...end ov!! Lol

"All football should be banned lol...over paid bunch of girls blouses that can attract the hardest of nutters who wung think twice abart battering some poor twat with out emotion...yet can cry when a big girl miss kicks a bag of wind.... ....thats my bit said lol ??...oh and women can't play drums...end ov!! Lol "

Call it how you feel it lol.

"All football should be banned lol...over paid bunch of girls blouses that can attract the hardest of nutters who wung think twice abart battering some poor twat with out emotion...yet can cry when a big girl miss kicks a bag of wind.... ....thats my bit said lol ??...oh and women can't play drums...end ov!! Lol "

Good old fashioned misogyny.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Looks like Chelsea are the first club to blink, and want out.

By *redwilma666Couple  over a year ago

Kilbirnie

If the government should keep out, then all the covid support money paid by the government should be given back

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Man City want out as well.

Bit of an own goal!

By *hybloke67Man  over a year ago

ROMFORD

Football is our national game. Of course the government (whoever they are) should do all they can to protect it.

I would also like to see the City of Manchester threaten to take back their stadium (which I believe they own) if the proposed breakaway plans are not dropped for ever.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Looking like it could collapse hopefully, I can see Klopp and some senior players walking if fsg don't reconsider too..

in Lancashire

Barca fans to get a vote on it and Real looking to also leave..

"Football is our national game. Of course the government (whoever they are) should do all they can to protect it.

I would also like to see the City of Manchester threaten to take back their stadium (which I believe they own) if the proposed breakaway plans are not dropped for ever."

City & Chelsea have decided not to join,now it’s down to the 4 English clubs with American owners to do the same

Why is Johnson getting involved at all?

Surely there are more important matters to be getting involved in (Northern Ireland perhaps where bombs are going off and people are getting injured) than the new Super League?

"Why is Johnson getting involved at all?

Surely there are more important matters to be getting involved in (Northern Ireland perhaps where bombs are going off and people are getting injured) than the new Super League?"

Good point, tbh he doesn’t give a shit about NI , that is huge problem his successor will have to deal with

By *arlomaleMan  over a year ago

darlington

Looks like it’s not going to happen now TalkSPORT have said Chelsea and Man City have pulled out

"Looks like it’s not going to happen now TalkSPORT have said Chelsea and Man City have pulled out "

Yep, the Yank owners will have to follow suit now

By *ane DTV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow.

Woodward steps down from board @ ManFU.

"Woodward steps down from board @ ManFU."

I don’t think he had much choice after all this, what a fuck up

in Lancashire

"Barca fans to get a vote on it and Real looking to also leave.. "

Oops Atletico not Real..

By *loughing the landMan  over a year ago

Cambridge

"Why is Johnson getting involved at all?

Surely there are more important matters to be getting involved in (Northern Ireland perhaps where bombs are going off and people are getting injured) than the new Super League?"

. The government are currently in negotiations with the EU to address some of the issues caused by the Protocol. In the overall scheme of things the riots are comparatively minor but receive a lot of publicity. .

https://news.sky.com/story/right-result-boris-johnson-welcomes-withdrawal-of-english-teams-from-european-super-league-12282250

All UK teams pull out. A major case of seeing your bum lol. How embarrassing.

» Add a new message to this topic