FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Will she cope on SSP ?

Will she cope on SSP ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uliaChris OP   Couple  over a year ago

westerham

“Britain's youngest MP today announced she is taking 'several weeks' away from work on doctor's orders after being diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)....

Labour's Nadia Whittome, who represents Nottingham East, said she had realised it is not 'feasible' to manage her condition alongside full-time work. She said: 'On the advice of my doctor, I'm going to be taking some time away from work for health reasons. Constituents should continue to contact my office as normal - my staff will be there to assist you'. Miss Whittome was elected at the December 2019 election aged just 23, becoming the Baby of the House. “

Hope she can get by on statutory sick pay. Or will she get her whole salary?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

Come on being a labour MP and watching the party implode is enough to give them all PTSD,look at poor lionel, obviously too stressed to work.his only relief is to spend all day on fabs

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

I'm guessing she will get sick pay

westerham

"I'm guessing she will get sick pay "

Oh actually don’t worry

According to IPSA she gets full pay:

“From the date they are elected MPs receive their full salary only...”

Phew that’s a relief

And can we all not call MPs names in future. Cheers

liverpool

Mp goes off sick

Thrilling stuff

By *isandhers691127Couple  over a year ago

Bournemouth

Shaming someone who is ill, great stuff!

westerham

"Shaming someone who is ill, great stuff!"

Yeah those Afghanistan tours have really taken it out of her

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Shaming someone who is ill, great stuff!

Yeah those Afghanistan tours have really taken it out of her"

Why is it only people who go to war that apparently suffer from mental health issues in your eyes….

westerham

Why is it only people who go to war that apparently suffer from mental health issues in your eyes….

"

Let me check...

Nope didn't say that

Anyway the question is... Full salary or just SSP?

By *laytimenowMan  over a year ago

Essex

I was unfortunate to see a guy lose his life & head under a london underground train .

PTSD is not reliant on " A TOUR OF AFGHANISTAN " .

It is an offensive comment from anyone who

has seen any kind of trauma .

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

She is an MP that only pays herself minimum wage..... apparently.

Not liked that much in Nottingham but her constituents have elected her, so it is what it is.

westerham

I was unfortunate to see a guy lose his life & head under a london underground train .

has seen any kind of trauma ."

She's been called names on social media apparently, the horror

Anyway, same question to you, no answers yet, can you break the duck, SSP or full pay?

Essex

She's been called names on social media apparently, the horror

Anyway, same question to you, no answers yet, can you break the duck, SSP or full pay? "

I dont really care to discuss anything with someone who is so disdainful of peoples troubles .

Regardless of your own belief of what you portray here

others see it as something very very different .

Bournemouth

Not Afghanistan, my PTSD came from serving in Northern Ireland. I don't feel the need to shame someone who is ill.

Essex

Let me check...

Nope didn't say that

Anyway the question is... Full salary or just SSP? "

Britain's youngest MP today announced she is taking 'several weeks' away from work on doctor's orders after being diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)....

Labour's Nadia Whittome, who represents Nottingham East, said she had realised it is not 'feasible' to manage her condition alongside full-time work. She said: 'On the advice of my doctor, I'm going to be taking some time away from work for health reasons. Constituents should continue to contact my office as normal - my staff will be there to assist you'. Miss Whittome was elected at the December 2019 election aged just 23, becoming the Baby of the House. “

Hope she can get by on statutory sick pay. Or will she get her whole salary

Essex

Let me check...

Nope didn't say that

Anyway the question is... Full salary or just SSP?

Britain's youngest MP today announced she is taking 'several weeks' away from work on doctor's orders after being diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)....

Hope she can get by on statutory sick pay. Or will she get her whole salary"

Yeah you did .

liverpool

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

PTSD can come from just about anything and right now I have no idea what she has been through so will not judge.

I do hope it's not as said above though and she has been called names on social media.

Essex

"Not Afghanistan, my PTSD came from serving in Northern Ireland. I don't feel the need to shame someone who is ill. "

Well said Fella .

Im not the biggest fan of soldiers ,

But I understand fully the risks they are under .

PTSD isnt good for anyone

Hope yours is under control .

liverpool

"PTSD can come from just about anything and right now I have no idea what she has been through so will not judge.

I do hope it's not as said above though and she has been called names on social media."

Essex

"PTSD can come from just about anything and right now I have no idea what she has been through so will not judge.

I do hope it's not as said above though and she has been called names on social media."

If its Homophobia rhen why is it not applicable because it was online .

Wasnt someone just recently found guilty of online abuse of a Black Footballer .

There are those who have taken there own lives because of online bullying . 1 was a child of 12 if memory serves me correctly .

I do hope it's not as said above though and she has been called names on social media.

Wasnt someone just recently found guilty of online abuse of a Black Footballer .

There are those who have taken there own lives because of online bullying . 1 was a child of 12 if memory serves me correctly . "

I don't believe someone writing something online would equate to PTSD. That’s just my opinion though.

I'm not saying she should have to endure it, she shouldn't.

Essex

There are those who have taken there own lives because of online bullying . 1 was a child of 12 if memory serves me correctly .

I don't believe someone writing something online would equate to PTSD. That’s just my opinion though.

I'm not saying she should have to endure it, she shouldn't."

Child abuse can be aquated to psycholgical abuse & not physical &

Can lead to suicide ( common in all ptsd sufferers )

If its possible to say this about children

It must be possible to say it for people who are not children .

Dont get me wrong

Im not saying it equates to a soldier seeing someone blown up

Or trauma from a.natural disaster , some of us have the fortitude of having a very thick skin .

Some of us arent .

Please forgive me if you thought I meant i was implying something different personally to you , as I wasnt .

I'm not saying she should have to endure it, she shouldn't.

Child abuse can be aquated to psycholgical abuse & not physical &

Can lead to suicide ( common in all ptsd sufferers )

If its possible to say this about children

It must be possible to say it for people who are not children .

Dont get me wrong

Im not saying it equates to a soldier seeing someone blown up

Or trauma from a.natural disaster , some of us have the fortitude of having a very thick skin .

Some of us arent .

Please forgive me if you thought I meant i was implying something different personally to you , as I wasnt .

"

I agree that child abuse can be psychological and not physical.

I also agree that adults can be psychologically abuse and not physically.

I just don't see that it amounts to PTSD. Maybe thats my own understanding of that disorder. I genuinely don't mean to belittle anyone suffering from any Mental Health issues but for me personally there are levels. And I see PTSD as being up there near the top.

Bournemouth

"Not Afghanistan, my PTSD came from serving in Northern Ireland. I don't feel the need to shame someone who is ill.

Well said Fella .

Im not the biggest fan of soldiers ,

But I understand fully the risks they are under .

PTSD isnt good for anyone

Hope yours is under control ."

cheers , it was many years ago. So all in the past now. Biggest cause of PTSD is car crashes apparently. It is just the brains way of dealing with an abnormal situation. I don't know what this person has gone through but I hope they are ok.

"Not Afghanistan, my PTSD came from serving in Northern Ireland. I don't feel the need to shame someone who is ill. "

I agree.

Also, I trust the doctor who diagnosed her, over some wack job who is outraged about this because the Daily Express told him to be.

Newcastle and Gateshead

Let me check...

Nope didn't say that

Anyway the question is... Full salary or just SSP? "

I think it’s abhorrent that you are trying to use someone’s mental health issues to try and score points….

I don’t report many things… but this is as close as I have gotten for a while

liverpool

The daily mail has somewhat found it relevant to say she supported blm,was against colonial statues and it close to jeremy corbyn.

Utterly integral to the story off course.

"The daily mail has somewhat found it relevant to say she supported blm,was against colonial statues and it close to jeremy corbyn.

Utterly integral to the story off course."

The Daily Mail also quote her as saying she doesn't look at her social media. So it can't be that that's the cause I wouldn't think. We won't know whats going on in her life unless she speaks up which I doubt she will.

liverpool

"The daily mail has somewhat found it relevant to say she supported blm,was against colonial statues and it close to jeremy corbyn.

The Daily Mail also quote her as saying she doesn't look at her social media. So it can't be that that's the cause I wouldn't think. We won't know whats going on in her life unless she speaks up which I doubt she will."

It also mentioned she is sympathetic to Palestine..would anyone like to explain why that is remotely, in any way,relevant?

The Daily Mail also quote her as saying she doesn't look at her social media. So it can't be that that's the cause I wouldn't think. We won't know whats going on in her life unless she speaks up which I doubt she will.

It also mentioned she is sympathetic to Palestine..would anyone like to explain why that is remotely, in any way,relevant?"

You'll have to ask the journalist that wrote the piece. No good asking a load of swingers why certain journalists feel certain information is important

westerham

And yet the central question, the one most relevant to her role as a representative of others, is full pay or SSP?

Surely someone has a view...

"And yet the central question, the one most relevant to her role as a representative of others, is full pay or SSP?

Surely someone has a view... "

Why would we have a view? She either is, or isn't.

Does that impact you ridiculing someone with mental health issues?

westerham

"And yet the central question, the one most relevant to her role as a representative of others, is full pay or SSP?

Does that impact you ridiculing someone with mental health issues? "

That's not the title of the thread, that's your own prejudices.

We've discussed your prejudices before.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"“Britain's youngest MP today announced she is taking 'several weeks' away from work on doctor's orders after being diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)....

Hope she can get by on statutory sick pay. Or will she get her whole salary? "

If she cannot cope with the pressure of the job she should resign politions have to cope with stress abuse etc it goes with the job

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"“Britain's youngest MP today announced she is taking 'several weeks' away from work on doctor's orders after being diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)....

Hope she can get by on statutory sick pay. Or will she get her whole salary? If she cannot cope with the pressure of the job she should resign politions have to cope with stress abuse etc it goes with the job"

Are they not allowed to be ill now?

After all many MPs of all parties have been ill before and come back..

We've discussed your prejudices before. "

Yes. I am prejudice against people who ridicule those who suffer mental health issues.

Newcastle and Gateshead

We've discussed your prejudices before. "

Nope…. It’s definitely you mocking someone who is suffering with mental health issues and then you used soldiers to double down…

What’s done is done are you are abhorrent for doing it….

westerham

Didn't imagine it would be so difficult to get an answer to the OP.....

Grantham

The answer is.....

.... MPs get their full salary, even when ill or sick. They get this for as long as they are an MP.

westerham

"The answer is.....

.... MPs get their full salary, even when ill or sick. They get this for as long as they are an MP. "

Then frankly I’m appalled

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

"The answer is.....

.... MPs get their full salary, even when ill or sick. They get this for as long as they are an MP.

Then frankly I’m appalled "

Like most people are at your constant trolling and vile posts, yet you carry on.

"The answer is.....

Like most people are at your constant trolling and vile posts, yet you carry on. "

Or maybe take a break, get your boat out, hoist your flag, take off and relax, it can't be easy being you.

Dudley

"The answer is.....

Like most people are at your constant trolling and vile posts, yet you carry on.

Or maybe take a break, get your boat out, hoist your flag, take off and relax, it can't be easy being you. "

Excuse you?

"The answer is.....

Or maybe take a break, get your boat out, hoist your flag, take off and relax, it can't be easy being you.

Excuse you? "

Massive Apologies that was not for you.. Not the first time I have done that. Will leave it to the regulars.

"The answer is.....

Like most people are at your constant trolling and vile posts, yet you carry on. "

It's getting worse and worse.

Bournemouth

Its just a bit sad and pathetic really. Not worth getting worked up over.

Dudley

"The answer is.....

Excuse you?

Massive Apologies that was not for you.. Not the first time I have done that. Will leave it to the regulars. "

Haha, don't worry about it, after I reread it I realised it couldn't be for me, I'm not posh enough to own a boat

liverpool

"The answer is.....

Excuse you?

Massive Apologies that was not for you.. Not the first time I have done that. Will leave it to the regulars. "

You camt get the hang of it can you?

liverpool

Well at least I know where my thread of the year post ismt going too.

"Well at least I know where my thread of the year post ismt going too."

I bow out

liverpool

"Well at least I know where my thread of the year post ismt going too.

I bow out "

Nearly

Right person

Wrong post

westerham

Not exactly a ringing endorsement of full pay for her ITT...

Noted

Essex

[Removed by poster at 25/05/21 21:37:17]

Essex

Not exactly an endorsement of the Self Proclaimed

" Big thing around these parts " .

Im seriously suprised you havent been given a time out ban from the admin team .

Do you have some kind of hold over them ?

upton wirral

Hope she can get by on statutory sick pay. Or will she get her whole salary? If she cannot cope with the pressure of the job she should resign politions have to cope with stress abuse etc it goes with the job

After all many MPs of all parties have been ill before and come back.."

I did not say she could not come back but at a future time maybe but in the meantime her constituents need an active MP.

Anyway stress is not like the flu you know She should resign

liverpool

Hope she can get by on statutory sick pay. Or will she get her whole salary? If she cannot cope with the pressure of the job she should resign politions have to cope with stress abuse etc it goes with the job

After all many MPs of all parties have been ill before and come back..I did not say she could not come back but at a future time maybe but in the meantime her constituents need an active MP.

Anyway stress is not like the flu you know She should resign"

So everyone who is stressed should resign?

Dudley

After all many MPs of all parties have been ill before and come back..I did not say she could not come back but at a future time maybe but in the meantime her constituents need an active MP.

So everyone who is stressed should resign?"

Gosh, didn't you know you aren't allowed to be ill when you have a political job?

Essex

What ,Like Boris did when he went to intensive care last year fearing for his life when he got covid ?

upton wirral

So everyone who is stressed should resign?"

i thinnk you missunderstand the whole thread and we are talking about polititions depends on the job and please read what she has said

in Lancashire

Like fuck should she, why?

To satisfy the likes of people for whom MH is some thing to be shunned and hidden..?

By *eparrain1Man  over a year ago

Stone

"The answer is.....

Well said

After learning how "close" she was to Jeremy Corbyn, I am not surprised she has PTSD, the poor woman. She deserves wages and compensation. I think we all know what members of the cult of Corbyn can be like. Did you know, before she met him, Diane Abbott could wear an actual pair of shoes, count past 7 and was the dead-ringer of Naomi Campbell?

liverpool

"After learning how "close" she was to Jeremy Corbyn, I am not surprised she has PTSD, the poor woman. She deserves wages and compensation. I think we all know what members of the cult of Corbyn can be like. Did you know, before she met him, Diane Abbott could wear an actual pair of shoes, count past 7 and was the dead-ringer of Naomi Campbell? "

Making fun of someone suffering mental trauma plus causal derogatory mysogony?

Is that a full house?

"After learning how "close" she was to Jeremy Corbyn, I am not surprised she has PTSD, the poor woman. She deserves wages and compensation. I think we all know what members of the cult of Corbyn can be like. Did you know, before she met him, Diane Abbott could wear an actual pair of shoes, count past 7 and was the dead-ringer of Naomi Campbell?

Is that a full house?"

What was it in your past that sucked out your soul my friend?

"After learning how "close" she was to Jeremy Corbyn, I am not surprised she has PTSD, the poor woman. She deserves wages and compensation. I think we all know what members of the cult of Corbyn can be like. Did you know, before she met him, Diane Abbott could wear an actual pair of shoes, count past 7 and was the dead-ringer of Naomi Campbell?

Is that a full house?

What was it in your past that sucked out your soul my friend?"

Are souls only for misogynistic people who ridicule those suffering from mental health problems?

in Lancashire

Is that a full house?

Are souls only for misogynistic people who ridicule those suffering from mental health problems?"

Ah, souls..?

One of the main reasons I don't post as much anymore is that so many of the threads are just about hate, insults or about ridiculing people suffering with mental health. Or just utter bullshit copied and pasted from the Daily Mail/Express.

Maybe there could be a hate section for all this nonsense. And the politics can be for politics.

Is that a full house?

Are souls only for misogynistic people who ridicule those suffering from mental health problems?"

Well, I didn't actually ridicule her, I said she deserved wages and compensation. If you read it wrong, that's more of a you problem.

So, where is the misogyny? The definition is:-"is the hatred of, contempt for, or prejudice against women or girls." Please, use your jiggery-wokery-twistery to define your claim against that definition. None of what I said was specifically toward a female comparative and could be equally applied to a man. Your turn - make me laugh some more please

has seen any kind of trauma ."

Offence is taken, not given. The internet is probably not for you if you get upset over words

Essex

Offence is taken, not given. The internet is probably not for you if you get upset over words"

Can you show me somewhere that i stated i have been traumatised ?

I saw an incident , that could cause some people a lot of trauma Didnt bother me at all really other than i saw it .

What bothers me is when some people abuse

Those who cant necessarily defend themselves .

So the internet is a great place for me

Hence why i use it . I have a great time doing it .

I'm not so sure others enjoy it to much though .

Cheers for thinking about me enough to comment though .

It filled a minute of my time , but thats about the only

Benefit i got from it .

By *loughing the landMan  over a year ago

Cambridge

What ,Like Boris did when he went to intensive care last year fearing for his life when he got covid ?"

. That is hardly a like for like comparison. Boris was on deaths doorstep whereas it is a lot more difficult to assess mental health issues . I would expect anyone who is an MP to be able to cope with mental health issues and stress. She is in a privileged position in that she is being paid in full while signed off sick by a Doctor. Compare that to an employee in the private sector who might not receive any pay whilst off work.

Whilst people with mental health issues deserve sympathy and understanding there must also be a recognition that a illness such as this makes you unsuitable for certain types of employment. You could not be enployed as a roofer if you were afraid of heights. That is reality and nothing to do with discrimination.

If someone who was a roofer suddenly became afraid of heights , they would be unable to continue work and would have to seek alternative employment.

Their employer could be afford to carry on paying them to do nothing.

Good point.

"

Essex

What ,Like Boris did when he went to intensive care last year fearing for his life when he got covid ?. That is hardly a like for like comparison. Boris was on deaths doorstep whereas it is a lot more difficult to assess mental health issues . I would expect anyone who is an MP to be able to cope with mental health issues and stress. She is in a privileged position in that she is being paid in full while signed off sick by a Doctor. Compare that to an employee in the private sector who might not receive any pay whilst off work.

Whilst people with mental health issues deserve sympathy and understanding there must also be a recognition that a illness such as this makes you unsuitable for certain types of employment. You could not be enployed as a roofer if you were afraid of heights. That is reality and nothing to do with discrimination.

If someone who was a roofer suddenly became afraid of heights , they would be unable to continue work and would have to seek alternative employment.

Their employer could be afford to carry on paying them to do nothing. "

You are confusing stress & Mental Health issues

With PTSD .

2 very different things .

A bit like a broken tibula & a sprained ankle

Both pertain to the Leg , but not in the same way .

As for Boris even more reason to resign from duty if he was

At deaths door until he was able to come back to work .

As for a Roofer & Heights ,

I've worked on very high scaffolds & Towers & cradles .

Before i worked in that field i wasnt to keen on heights .

1 of the guys i worked with soon told me , not to worry about the heights as height doesnt kill you .

Its hitting the ground that tends do that ,

So pay the height the respect it deserves &

You'll soon be fine with heights .

Never thought about it since

Thanks for your contribution though

westerham

What ,Like Boris did when he went to intensive care last year fearing for his life when he got covid ?. That is hardly a like for like comparison. Boris was on deaths doorstep whereas it is a lot more difficult to assess mental health issues . I would expect anyone who is an MP to be able to cope with mental health issues and stress. She is in a privileged position in that she is being paid in full while signed off sick by a Doctor. Compare that to an employee in the private sector who might not receive any pay whilst off work.

With PTSD .

1 of the guys i worked with soon told me , not to worry about the heights as height doesnt kill you .

"

No, you need to be directing that query to the MP, because it’s her that is SPECIFICALLY claiming PTSD, as a result of name calling on social media.

A) Her case doesn’t fit the NHS symptoms of PTSD

B) Her taking time off on doctors orders is not a recognised treatment of PTSD, which is more therapy based

As a few have stated above, seems she is not cut out for the job. No need to medicalise it.

With PTSD .

No, you need to be directing that query to the MP, because it’s her that is SPECIFICALLY claiming PTSD, as a result of name calling on social media.

B) Her taking time off on doctors orders is not a recognised treatment of PTSD, which is more therapy based

As a few have stated above, seems she is not cut out for the job. No need to medicalise it. "

From your OP.

"Britain's youngest MP today announced she is taking 'several weeks' away from work on doctor's orders after being diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)"

I would trust the doctor over a those outrage merchants who ridicule people suffering with their mental health.

westerham

With PTSD .

As a few have stated above, seems she is not cut out for the job. No need to medicalise it.

From your OP.

"Britain's youngest MP today announced she is taking 'several weeks' away from work on doctor's orders after being diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)"

I would trust the doctor over a those outrage merchants who ridicule people suffering with their mental health. "

Which doctor? We haven't heard from her doctor.

We've heard from her directly, that's it.

liverpool

Their employer could be afford to carry on paying them to do nothing. "

Many, many companies pay sick pay.

Or do you imagine the likes of stockbrokers,company directors etc having to claim ssp?

So you are factually incorrect.

Suffering from anxiety brought upon by stress (for any reason) can affect anyone, in any job.

Your comparison with a fear of heights is therefore also nonsensical,as the condition would have existed before they took the job

liverpool

With PTSD .

As a few have stated above, seems she is not cut out for the job. No need to medicalise it. "

I would have thought access to her medical records would have been confidential?

With PTSD .

From your OP.

I would trust the doctor over a those outrage merchants who ridicule people suffering with their mental health.

We've heard from her directly, that's it. "

If you're expecting her Dr to sign up to fab and reply to your posts. You might be waiting a while.

liverpool

"One of the main reasons I don't post as much anymore is that so many of the threads are just about hate, insults or about ridiculing people suffering with mental health. Or just utter bullshit copied and pasted from the Daily Mail/Express.

Maybe there could be a hate section for all this nonsense. And the politics can be for politics. "

I believe that's the daily mail letters page

westerham

With PTSD .

From your OP.

If you're expecting her Dr to sign up to fab and reply to your posts. You might be waiting a while."

As a rhetorical question, no need to answer, but you might discover something about yourself... :

If Chris Grayling had made the same announcement, what would your reply have been?

Mmmm?

With PTSD .

From your OP.

If you're expecting her Dr to sign up to fab and reply to your posts. You might be waiting a while.

As a rhetorical question, no need to answer, but you might discover something about yourself... :

If Chris Grayling had made the same announcement, what would your reply have been?

Mmmm? "

If Chris grayling made which reply?

What on earth are you talking about?

Or do you imagine the likes of stockbrokers,company directors etc having to claim ssp?

Suffering from anxiety brought upon by stress (for any reason) can affect anyone, in any job.

Your comparison with a fear of heights is therefore also nonsensical,as the condition would have existed before they took the job

"

Whilst I agree with most of what you say here, the comment about heights I don't agree with.

I used to be absolutely fine with them but as I've got older they seem to have bothered me a bit more. Maybe it was the 'young and fearless' in me? What I'm saying is things can come on at any point in life for anyone.

Anyway, if she is off sick, she will be paid, regardless of the reason

liverpool

Whilst I agree with most of what you say here, the comment about heights I don't agree with.

I used to be absolutely fine with them but as I've got older they seem to have bothered me a bit more. Maybe it was the 'young and fearless' in me? What I'm saying is things can come on at any point in life for anyone.

Anyway, if she is off sick, she will be paid, regardless of the reason"

Its still not a valid comparison.

My guess is that stress will be the no 1 factor behind work place absences,so if everyone lost their job,who suffered from it,there would be a lot of people out of work.

Anyway, if she is off sick, she will be paid, regardless of the reason

Its still not a valid comparison.

My guess is that stress will be the no 1 factor behind work place absences,so if everyone lost their job,who suffered from it,there would be a lot of people out of work."

I don't think it's necessarily a valid comparison either. Just pointing out that certain things can come at any point in life.

You may well be right in that stress would be the single biggest reason for work place absence but that's another debate.

westerham

With PTSD .

From your OP.

Mmmm?

What on earth are you talking about?"

Have another go, it was an easy question...

If Chris Grayling announced he wanted to take unspecified time off on full pay for PTSD, what would your reaction have been.....

Cambridge

With PTSD .

From your OP.

I would trust the doctor over a those outrage merchants who ridicule people suffering with their mental health. "

. Howeved Doctors sign off lots of sick notes , not all of which are valid. The public would expect an MP to be able to cope with so called stress . If you cannot accept the stress associated with a role, you should not be undertaking it.

With PTSD .

From your OP.

Mmmm?

If Chris Grayling announced he wanted to take unspecified time off on full pay for PTSD, what would your reaction have been..... "

The exact same as with Nadia Whittome. Absolutely no reaction what so ever.

How about you? If it was Chris Grayling, instead, would you ridicule him for his mental health issues?

liverpool

Is lack of empathy a prerequisite for voting conservative.?

Grantham

Nadia Whittome is just the latest of young MPs to suffer from a form of mental illness in recent years.

Jared O Mara and Mhairi Black have all issues.

I hope that this doesn't deter young talent, and lets hope that Ms Whittome comes back after a period of rest.

"Nadia Whittome is just the latest of young MPs to suffer from a form of mental illness in recent years.

I hope that this doesn't deter young talent, and lets hope that Ms Whittome comes back after a period of rest. "

Is this possibly a case that younger people just aren't cut out to deal with the stresses of being a MP?

westerham

With PTSD .

From your OP.

Mmmm?

If Chris Grayling announced he wanted to take unspecified time off on full pay for PTSD, what would your reaction have been.....

How about you? If it was Chris Grayling, instead, would you ridicule him for his mental health issues? "

Actually you've given a big reaction by giving her your full unquestioning support.

Me?

If Chris Grayling announced PTSD?

I'd apply my usual objective analysis, is this reasonable, does it make sense medically.

Not be supine and unquestioning

With PTSD .

From your OP.

Mmmm?

How about you? If it was Chris Grayling, instead, would you ridicule him for his mental health issues?

Actually you've given a big reaction by giving her your full unquestioning support.

Me?

I'd apply my usual objective analysis, is this reasonable, does it make sense medically.

Not be supine and unquestioning "

I think you replied to the wrong person here.

I haven't supported or ridiculed Nadia.

Anyhow. I stand by all my comments that you laughing at and ridiculing people who suffer from mental heath issues is abhorrent and has no place on the political forums.

westerham

"Nadia Whittome is just the latest of young MPs to suffer from a form of mental illness in recent years.

I hope that this doesn't deter young talent, and lets hope that Ms Whittome comes back after a period of rest. "

Jared o Mara, who never turned up to work and has now been sanctioned for sexual harassment?

You must be joking..... Tell me you're joking.

westerham

With PTSD .

From your OP.

Mmmm?

Me?

Anyhow. I stand by all my comments that you laughing at and ridiculing people who suffer from mental heath issues is abhorrent and has no place on the political forums. "

No, you said you trusted the doctor who... Hasn't commented... Laughable frankly.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"If Chris Grayling announced he wanted to take unspecified time off on full pay for PTSD, what would your reaction have been..... "

Oooh…. Let me think…..

I’d wish him well in his recovery……

There…. That was simple enough!

Wes Streeting is in the midst of taking a few weeks off for getting early stage cancer treatment……

I wish him well in his recovery……

Wow…. You make it sound like it is some sort of controversy

The only thing standing out is your lack of empathy and awareness for mental health issues

With PTSD .

From your OP.

Mmmm?

Me?

Anyhow. I stand by all my comments that you laughing at and ridiculing people who suffer from mental heath issues is abhorrent and has no place on the political forums.

No, you said you trusted the doctor who... Hasn't commented... Laughable frankly. "

Yep. I definitely trust a doctor, who consulted with the patient, over you, a person who hasn't consulted with the patient, and who thinks it's okay to ridicule peoppe suffering with mental health.

Hope that's clear. If not, I'm sure you will make up some slander against me as usual, or ask some other non sensical and unrelated question in some weird attempt to "win".

In any case, this is an awful thread. I'll leave you to it.

westerham

With PTSD .

From your OP.

Mmmm?

Me?

No, you said you trusted the doctor who... Hasn't commented... Laughable frankly.

Yep. I definitely trust a doctor, who consulted with the patient, over you, a person who hasn't consulted with the patient, and who thinks it's okay to ridicule peoppe suffering with mental health.

Hope that's clear. If not, I'm sure you will make up some slander against me as usual, or ask some other non sensical and unrelated question in some weird attempt to "win".

In any case, this is an awful thread. I'll leave you to it. "

Slander is the spoken word, I think you mean libel....

No idea what you're referring to anyway

Why don't you ask your doctor... Can you get PTSD from being called names on social media? According to the NHS you can't.

Grantham

I hope that this doesn't deter young talent, and lets hope that Ms Whittome comes back after a period of rest.

Jared o Mara, who never turned up to work and has now been sanctioned for sexual harassment?

You must be joking..... Tell me you're joking. "

Jared O Mara suffers from autism and anxiety issues.

He may also be an obnoxious person but mental illness in any form is not for sneering at.

westerham

You must be joking..... Tell me you're joking.

Jared O Mara suffers from autism and anxiety issues.

He may also be an obnoxious person but mental illness in any form is not for sneering at. "

I'm sneering at the idea, as his constituents were, that he should ever have been put up as a candidate. Disgraceful.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

I would rather expect that like most employed people, she will receive whatever level of sick cover she is contractually entitled to. I would also expect that like most employed people, she will have provided her employer with whatever type of proof of sickness that is specified in her contract.

I know very little about this particular MP, but have never heard any evidence of her being an habitual liar that has been dismissed from several employments for being untruthful, unlike a certain very high level member of the current government, hence have no reason to disbelieve her statement of the reasons for her sick leave.

westerham

I would rather expect that like most employed people, she will receive whatever level of sick cover she is contractually entitled to. I would also expect that like most employed people, she will have provided her employer with whatever type of proof of sickness that is specified in her contract.

I know very little about this particular MP, but have never heard any evidence of her being an habitual liar that has been dismissed from several employments for being untruthful, unlike a certain very high level member of the current government, hence have no reason to disbelieve her statement of the reasons for her sick leave."

Interesting point.

So if Boris said he was taking time off for PTSD, what would your reaction be?

upton wirral

I know very little about this particular MP, but have never heard any evidence of her being an habitual liar that has been dismissed from several employments for being untruthful, unlike a certain very high level member of the current government, hence have no reason to disbelieve her statement of the reasons for her sick leave.

Interesting point.

So if Boris said he was taking time off for PTSD, what would your reaction be? "

He would have to resign but not likely

Interesting point.

So if Boris said he was taking time off for PTSD, what would your reaction be? "

What you seem to be struggling to grasp is that normal people don't belittle those suffering with mental health. The political party they are a member of, is not relevant.

westerham

Interesting point.

What you seem to be struggling to grasp is that normal people don't belittle those suffering with mental health. The political party they are a member of, is not relevant.

"

Well that's not the gist of what a member of your crew has just said above

Newcastle and Gateshead

Interesting point.

Well that's not the gist of what a member of your crew has just said above "

Erm.. I don’t think _mmablu would ever like to be described as one of your crew…

In fact I think their leanings are much closer to your lunacy

But let’s get back to the main headline

Why do feel the need to mock people over mental health issues…..

Interesting point.

Well that's not the gist of what a member of your crew has just said above "

This is a swingers website.

There is no "crew".

I take no responsibility for what other people post on here, and bear no responsibility for the opinions of other people.

You are the only person here belittling mental health sufferers.

westerham

Interesting point.

There is no "crew".

I take no responsibility for what other people post on here, and bear no responsibility for the opinions of other people.

You are the only person here belittling mental health sufferers. "

Should Jared o mara ever have been selected as a candidate?

Interesting point.

There is no "crew".

You are the only person here belittling mental health sufferers.

Should Jared o mara ever have been selected as a candidate? "

I have no opinion. How is this related to your disgusting thread about bashing people with mental health problems?

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Interesting point.

I would expect Mr Johnson to receive whatever benefits he is entitled to according to his contract of employment, and according to the employment law of the United Kingdom. However as he is a person with a well documented history of untruthfulness, including incidents during the course of his current employment, I would expect the HR department of his employer to look very carefully at his sick note and check his work record. If there is doubt as to the veracity of his claims, it might be that I would expect him to attend an examination by an employer nominated doctor (at employers expense of course) in order to verify the original diagnosis. If the claim was found to be justified then I would expect the employer to continue with the payment of sickness entitlement. If the claim was found to be unjustified then I would expect the employer to deny or reduce the payment (according to whatever terms within the contract of employment) and to issue Mr Johnson with a written warning. If HR department records showed that Mr Johnson had deceived his employer on a number of occasions, and had been issued multiple written warnings, I would expect that at some point the employer should commence dismissal proceedings. If it was found that Mr Johnson had brought his employers name into disrepute to the extent of being found guilty of deception (in a matter connected with the performance of his employment duties) in a court of law, I would expect that there could be justified grounds for summary dismissal.

In other words, I would expect Mr Johnson to be treated exactly the same as any other person employed in a public or private position.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

Interesting point.

Erm.. I don’t think _mmablu would ever like to be described as one of your crew…

Why do feel the need to mock people over mental health issues….. "

So you are criticising someone about mental health and then call them a lunatic.

westerham

Interesting point.

So you are criticising someone about mental health and then call them a lunatic. "

I decided to be the bigger man about that and not point out the typical hypocrisy of the lefties.

liverpool

When you hit rock bottom,you really should stop digging.

Interesting point.

So you are criticising someone about mental health and then call them a lunatic.

I decided to be the bigger man about that and not point out the typical hypocrisy of the lefties. "

Why is it only "lefties" who don't mock people suffering with mental health?

But insulting to any of us who aren't "lefties".

By *sussexyMan  over a year ago

Lewes

Surprised that no-one has mentioned that Whittome won't be taking her full salary anyway - she hasn't since she took up her seat, donating the difference between her MP salary and the national average salary to local charities.

Dudley

"

Me?

Not be supine and unquestioning "

It doesn't matter if you think it makes sense medically, you aren't her doctor. In fact, it's absolutely none of your business if it's reasonable, you're not objectively analysing anything, you're bitching about someone else and their ability to do their job when you know feck all about her and her mental health issues.

Take up a hobby of some sort, you need it.

"Surprised that no-one has mentioned that Whittome won't be taking her full salary anyway - she hasn't since she took up her seat, donating the difference between her MP salary and the national average salary to local charities.

"

Completely irrelevant to the OP.

She's Labour, and suffering with mental health. Therefore fair game to belittle in the eyes of the OP.

"Surprised that no-one has mentioned that Whittome won't be taking her full salary anyway - she hasn't since she took up her seat, donating the difference between her MP salary and the national average salary to local charities.

She's Labour, and suffering with mental health. Therefore fair game to belittle in the eyes of the OP."

But of course, belittling, body-shaming and use of misogyny against a woman of colour is ok if she's a Tory?

"She will probally eat you afterwards."

"Maybe that's why she needed the dietician"

"She probslly eats you after mating"

These comments were made by one of your buddies about a woman of colour and there are comments from you beneath these, but surprise surprise, not one condemnation from you. How very strange.

She's Labour, and suffering with mental health. Therefore fair game to belittle in the eyes of the OP.

But of course, belittling, body-shaming and use of misogyny against a woman of colour is ok if she's a Tory?

"She will probally eat you afterwards."

"Maybe that's why she needed the dietician"

"She probslly eats you after mating"

These comments were made by one of your buddies about a woman of colour and there are comments from you beneath these, but surprise surprise, not one condemnation from you. How very strange. "

I have no clue WTF you're talking about and why you're having a go at me about something you allege someone else said. As I told the OP. I am not responsible for something that someone else does or says.

If you're using that as some kind of excuse to justify belittling people struggling with mental health. It's a pretty piss poor excuse.

Also, it's pretty creepy that you're following me around the forums to hound me for speaking out against this abhorrent shaming of Mental Health sufferers.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Mean spirited old thread.

"Also, it's pretty creepy that you're following me around the forums to hound me for speaking out against this abhorrent shaming of Mental Health sufferers.

"

It's a free forum my friend. If you don't like it, feel free to complain to the internet.

"Also, it's pretty creepy that you're following me around the forums to hound me for speaking out against this abhorrent shaming of Mental Health sufferers.

It's a free forum my friend. If you don't like it, feel free to complain to the internet. "

westerham

It's clear that a few of the usual suspects have actually sat back and had a bit more of a think about the OP and realised that there is a bit more to it than absolute acceptance of every claim, so I give some credit for that.

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS  over a year ago

Notts

[Removed by poster at 26/05/21 21:01:19]

Dudley

"It's clear that a few of the usual suspects have actually sat back and had a bit more of a think about the OP and realised that there is a bit more to it than absolute acceptance of every claim, so I give some credit for that. "

Where the hell did you get that from?

westerham

"It's clear that a few of the usual suspects have actually sat back and had a bit more of a think about the OP and realised that there is a bit more to it than absolute acceptance of every claim, so I give some credit for that.

Where the hell did you get that from? "

When the names of Jared o mara, grayling and Boris got mentioned, it clearly gave some of the reactioniries pause for thought....

Dudley

"It's clear that a few of the usual suspects have actually sat back and had a bit more of a think about the OP and realised that there is a bit more to it than absolute acceptance of every claim, so I give some credit for that.

When the names of Jared o mara, grayling and Boris got mentioned, it clearly gave some of the reactioniries pause for thought.... "

I don't think it did at all.

Newcastle and Gateshead

When the names of Jared o mara, grayling and Boris got mentioned, it clearly gave some of the reactioniries pause for thought.... "

Erm… nope!

Most wished people suffering from mental health issues a good recovery

You on the other hand belittled and mocked them….

I think you're confused.

Most people agreed it's not cool to ridicule people who suffer with their mental health regardless of which political party they are a member of.

westerham

When the names of Jared o mara, grayling and Boris got mentioned, it clearly gave some of the reactioniries pause for thought....

I think you're confused.

Most people agreed it's not cool to ridicule people who suffer with their mental health regardless of which political party they are a member of.

"

I query unverifiable 3rd hand claims yes

As should all right thinking people

I think you're confused.

As should all right thinking people "

Maybe just drop it eh?

I know you think you're being funny. But really, it's not.

Stick the the brexit confusion, and stop belittling people suffering with their mental health.

By *L RogueMan  over a year ago

London

Erm… nope!

Most wished people suffering from mental health issues a good recovery

You on the other hand belittled and mocked them….

"

He's the king of spin. Don't feed.

Dudley

I think you're confused.

As should all right thinking people "

It's none of your business though, her health and discussions with her doctor are feck all to do with you.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

I’m not that familiar with the employment process of politicians but don’t they have to fund their own staff from their salary.

If an MP is paying people to run the office and continue a constituency service I don’t think the money should be ssp.

If they’ve just shut the office and signed of sick then yes it should be ssp.

westerham

I think you're confused.

It's none of your business though, her health and discussions with her doctor are feck all to do with you. "

Wasn’t the title of the thread.

Her inability to represent her constituents, whether she’s cut out to be an MP, and whether taxpayers money should be used to pay her full salary, should absolutely be of public interest.

Lewes

"

Her inability to represent her constituents, whether she’s cut out to be an MP, and whether taxpayers money should be used to pay her full salary, should absolutely be of public interest."

Remind me. When our great leader was in hospital unable to represent his constituents or run the country (which I would contend is a permanent condition) were you calling for his wage to be withheld?

Grantham

I think you're confused.

It's none of your business though, her health and discussions with her doctor are feck all to do with you.

Her inability to represent her constituents, whether she’s cut out to be an MP, and whether taxpayers money should be used to pay her full salary, should absolutely be of public interest."

Her office is still open, and staffed.

As in previous cases, I would think that other neighbouring Labour MPs will be on hand to help out with the more serious issues.

westerham

"

Her inability to represent her constituents, whether she’s cut out to be an MP, and whether taxpayers money should be used to pay her full salary, should absolutely be of public interest.

Remind me. When our great leader was in hospital unable to represent his constituents or run the country (which I would contend is a permanent condition) were you calling for his wage to be withheld?"

I didn't vote for him but clearly he is cut out to be an MP and is qualified for the role of PM. And he was verifiably ill. So I don't consider that such a big deal, although millions of minimum wage workers on SSP might disagree.

Lewes

"clearly he is ...qualified for the role of PM."

How do you mean? Eton educated and totally out of his depth? Or remorseless liar? Enquiring minds need to know.

"And he was verifiably ill."

SO.... a mental health problem is not an incapacitating health problem? I think you'll find this view is a tad out of date. You have obviously been away. Please ask a passing human for an update.

westerham

"clearly he is ...qualified for the role of PM.

How do you mean? Eton educated and totally out of his depth? Or remorseless liar? Enquiring minds need to know.

And he was verifiably ill.

SO.... a mental health problem is not an incapacitating health problem? I think you'll find this view is a tad out of date. You have obviously been away. Please ask a passing human for an update."

Nope didn't say that, have another read, ta

Dudley

I think you're confused.

Her constituents are still being represented, her having a mental health break doesn't mean she's not cut out for her job and if getting full pay is part of her employment agreement then she's entitled to it.

There's public interest and there's just being a dick.

Dudley

"

Remind me. When our great leader was in hospital unable to represent his constituents or run the country (which I would contend is a permanent condition) were you calling for his wage to be withheld?

I didn't vote for him but clearly he is cut out to be an MP and is qualified for the role of PM. And he was verifiably ill. So I don't consider that such a big deal, although millions of minimum wage workers on SSP might disagree. "

Why do you think they should have to prove their illness to you? Are you that important?

Newcastle and Gateshead

"clearly he is ...qualified for the role of PM.

And he was verifiably ill.

SO.... a mental health problem is not an incapacitating health problem? I think you'll find this view is a tad out of date. You have obviously been away. Please ask a passing human for an update.

Nope didn't say that, have another read, ta "

Well you are doubting her story… and you are doubting the diagnosis of her doctor….

So yep… mocking her…..

How did you become so unsympathetic of someone wanting to get better from mental health issues…. Unless you are now doubting the whole “mental health” is an illness as a construct

Look.. we get it… you no likey!

I am just glad there aren’t many of you out there… and we have become both more aware and more sympathetic….

westerham

Maybe look up cases like Ernest Saunders. Faked mental illness to get out of a prison sentence then miraculously recovered.

A member of your own crew suggested that seeing as this particular MP didn't have a track record of lying it must be true, while suggesting if it was Boris it would be a lie.

Completely illogical and utterly naive.

"Maybe look up cases like Ernest Saunders. Faked mental illness to get out of a prison sentence then miraculously recovered.

A member of your own crew suggested that seeing as this particular MP didn't have a track record of lying it must be true, while suggesting if it was Boris it would be a lie.

Completely illogical and utterly naive."

Your level of debate is so low, it beggars belief.

Are you now suggesting that taking time off from work for mental health issues is akin to a scam to getting out of prison.

Again. This is a swingers site. There is no "crew". People have their own view and opinions.

If your issue is with a false diagnosis from the doctor, then you need some kind of evidence, otherwise you are simply belittling someone who is suffering from mental health issues.

After all your anti-non-racist stuff, your attempts to white wash the slav-ery trade. I didn't think that you could sink any lower.

westerham

"Maybe look up cases like Ernest Saunders. Faked mental illness to get out of a prison sentence then miraculously recovered.

Are you now suggesting that taking time off from work for mental health issues is akin to a scam to getting out of prison.

Again. This is a swingers site. There is no "crew". People have their own view and opinions.

If your issue is with a false diagnosis from the doctor, then you need some kind of evidence, otherwise you are simply belittling someone who is suffering from mental health issues.

After all your anti-non-racist stuff, your attempts to white wash the slav-ery trade. I didn't think that you could sink any lower."

I'm not suggesting anything, again that's your own prejudices coming forwards.

I am being objective, rational, and using hard facts rather than emotional virtue signalling.

Surely it would be impossible to fake symptoms of PTSD to a fully qualified doctor?

After all your anti-non-racist stuff, your attempts to white wash the slav-ery trade. I didn't think that you could sink any lower.

I am being objective, rational, and using hard facts rather than emotional virtue signalling. "

Yep. Once again. I am prejudice against people who ridicule those suffering with their mental health, like you do.

What's this got to do with anything?

Moreover, what is the point of a 23 year old mp. No life experience, no knowledge, nada.

"Surely it would be impossible to fake symptoms of PTSD to a fully qualified doctor?"

The OP alleges this is so. With no evidence.

Although if she wasn't a woman and Labour, and instead was a man and a Tory. Apparently the situation would be different.

Ridiculous thread.

"Moreover, what is the point of a 23 year old mp. No life experience, no knowledge, nada."

How much life experience does the average MP have?

Eton education to career politician.

liverpool

"Moreover, what is the point of a 23 year old mp. No life experience, no knowledge, nada."

Some 23 year olds have a lifetime of experience

And why do 23 year olds have no knowledge?

Dudley

I am being objective, rational, and using hard facts rather than emotional virtue signalling. "

No. Just no. You're not being any of those things.

I've come to the conclusion that you must be trolls, wallowing in a swamp of self importance and judgment.

Don't be silly. Of course she will get full pay.

By *irtyd468Man  over a year ago

North

Im not really sure why anybody bothers wasting their time trying to reason or correct this guy.

You cant educate stupid.

"Im not really sure why anybody bothers wasting their time trying to reason or correct this guy.

You cant educate stupid.

"

I think it's more about making this forum somewhere that isn't a safe space for people to mock mental health, or to start threads suggesting that people who aren't racist are the big problem.

No one is going to change the mind of the OP. He is entrenched as you can get, but it's good to speak out against the hate he spews.

liverpool

Don't be silly. Of course she will get full pay. "

And rightly so

westerham

"Surely it would be impossible to fake symptoms of PTSD to a fully qualified doctor?

Although if she wasn't a woman and Labour, and instead was a man and a Tory. Apparently the situation would be different.

Ridiculous thread.

"

That was one of your crew suggested that....

"Surely it would be impossible to fake symptoms of PTSD to a fully qualified doctor?

Ridiculous thread.

That was one of your crew suggested that.... "

Maybe you could elaborate what my "crew" is?

Are you suggesting that people who don't belittle mental health sufferers are in a "crew"?

westerham

"Im not really sure why anybody bothers wasting their time trying to reason or correct this guy.

You cant educate stupid.

I think it's more about making this forum somewhere that isn't a safe space for people to mock mental health, or to start threads suggesting that people who aren't racist are the big problem.

No one is going to change the mind of the OP. He is entrenched as you can get, but it's good to speak out against the hate he spews. "

If you could cut down on the use of double negatives it might make it a little easier for folks to understand you better.

Just a suggestion.

You cant educate stupid.

No one is going to change the mind of the OP. He is entrenched as you can get, but it's good to speak out against the hate he spews.

If you could cut down on the use of double negatives it might make it a little easier for folks to understand you better.

Just a suggestion."

Sure. Feel free to alter your self appointed role as the prime anti-anti-racist on the forums.

i never understand why in this country we mock and hurl insults at veterans.

when im in the States the attitude towards those who are serving or those that have is completely different.

ive had friends commit suicide because of the experiences of war. one of them witnessed his friend blown to bits by a roadside bomb.

what he witnessed finished him and that family are now without a loving father.

i cant believe what i read here sometimes.

liverpool

"i never understand why in this country we mock and hurl insults at veterans.

when im in the States the attitude towards those who are serving or those that have is completely different.

ive had friends commit suicide because of the experiences of war. one of them witnessed his friend blown to bits by a roadside bomb.

"

I'm not sure anyone has done that have they?

westerham

I'm not sure anyone has done that have they?"

I can see how a soldier who's seen something fucking horrible might feel a little mocked by someone claiming PTSD for being called names on the Internet, yes.

Cambridge

. It would be interesting to know why she was selected in the first instance to fight an election ? An older MP would be able to make more rational decisions concerning comments on social media . It sounds like she was not cut out to be an MP and probably far too young to be selected

Bournemouth

I can see how a soldier who's seen something fucking horrible might feel a little mocked by someone claiming PTSD for being called names on the Internet, yes. "

You know fuck all about veterans, what horrible things they have seen and their attitudes to mental health issues. Please stop dragging ex service personnel into your trolling sad posts.

Dudley

I can see how a soldier who's seen something fucking horrible might feel a little mocked by someone claiming PTSD for being called names on the Internet, yes. "

Most people suffering from PTSD understand how fucking horrible and life altering it is so wouldn't judge others with it.

I suffer with it, have done for 20 years, I never served in the forces, never witnessed someone killed. There are many causes of PTSD, you don't get to choose which are more valid.

Notts

Notts

"Moreover, what is the point of a 23 year old mp. No life experience, no knowledge, nada.. It would be interesting to know why she was selected in the first instance to fight an election ? An older MP would be able to make more rational decisions concerning comments on social media . It sounds like she was not cut out to be an MP and probably far too young to be selected "

saw a comedy the other day where the policeman doesnt like the sight of blood... hes being sick while his partner is having the fight.... seems a lot of the modern world doesnt want to face reality of life... so i joined in! lol

I can see how a soldier who's seen something fucking horrible might feel a little mocked by someone claiming PTSD for being called names on the Internet, yes.

Most people suffering from PTSD understand how fucking horrible and life altering it is so wouldn't judge others with it.

I suffer with it, have done for 20 years, I never served in the forces, never witnessed someone killed. There are many causes of PTSD, you don't get to choose which are more valid. "

Some abhorrent opinions posted on here.

As a society we have a long long way to go tacking the stigma attached to PTSD and mental health issues. This thread just highlights that.

Dudley

I suffer with it, have done for 20 years, I never served in the forces, never witnessed someone killed. There are many causes of PTSD, you don't get to choose which are more valid.

As a society we have a long long way to go tacking the stigma attached to PTSD and mental health issues. This thread just highlights that. "

My brother also has it from serving in the armed forces, he doesn't think mine is any less serious than his, in fact, he says he now understands me more after realising how debilitating it can be.

Some people are unwilling to accept that mental health issues can affect anyone in varying degrees of severity, it doesn't matter what caused it, things affect people differently. The OP seems to be very full of hate and disdain for people suffering, it says more about them that it does about the people they try to shame.

Lewes

"Moreover, what is the point of a 23 year old mp. No life experience, no knowledge, nada.. It would be interesting to know why she was selected in the first instance to fight an election ? An older MP would be able to make more rational decisions concerning comments on social media . It sounds like she was not cut out to be an MP and probably far too young to be selected "

Quite. Variety of life experience amongst MPs is a disaster waiting to happen. We'd be much better off it they were all middle aged mostly white mostly male mostly lawyers. That way they'll definitely understand the problem of young people, and care workers etc. Also a really good idea to make sure they are all humanities graduates, so they don't have any grasp of the meaning of the word "exponential".

I think I just described the cabinet. Certainly the bit about exponential. Still.

liverpool

Yep if you take someone like Christopher grayling for example,that is the true defeniton of explemary competence.

Or mayne jacob reece mogg who has a wealth of experiences in how normal people live their lives.

As a society we have a long long way to go tacking the stigma attached to PTSD and mental health issues. This thread just highlights that.

My brother also has it from serving in the armed forces, he doesn't think mine is any less serious than his, in fact, he says he now understands me more after realising how debilitating it can be.

Some people are unwilling to accept that mental health issues can affect anyone in varying degrees of severity, it doesn't matter what caused it, things affect people differently. The OP seems to be very full of hate and disdain for people suffering, it says more about them that it does about the people they try to shame. "

Well said.

Sadly the OP has a history of posting a lot of misinformation, hate and Daily Mail type outrage. So this thread is not surprising.