FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Is all forgiven now?

Is all forgiven now?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *bernath OP   Couple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

With the vaccine and lockdown ending, do you think you can forgive the mistakes and actions that have occurred over the last year?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *heislanderMan  over a year ago

cheshunt

Hindsight is a wonderful thing

By *ockdownerMan  over a year ago

Preston

"With the vaccine and lockdown ending, do you think you can forgive the mistakes and actions that have occurred over the last year?"

I don't think many people believe the government has done anything wrong to start with

By *ockdownerMan  over a year ago

Preston

"Hindsight is a wonderful thing "

Most of the "mistakes" we're highlighted as they were happening yet they weren't corrected or re-addressed.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"With the vaccine and lockdown ending, do you think you can forgive the mistakes and actions that have occurred over the last year?"

Not especially, dithering with lockdowns, cover ups , lies, and all after an exercise in what to do and what would be needed if a virus hit the uk

"Hindsight is a wonderful thing

Most of the "mistakes" we're highlighted as they were happening yet they weren't corrected or re-addressed. "

By *renzMan  over a year ago

Between Chichester and Havant

The government did make mistakes, especially regarding flights etc into the country. The question is what would other governments have done if they had been elected. Which is something we will never know. As they weren't. Quite possibly made the same or similar mistakes, or very unlikely got everything exactly right.

"The government did make mistakes, especially regarding flights etc into the country. The question is what would other governments have done if they had been elected. Which is something we will never know. As they weren't. Quite possibly made the same or similar mistakes, or very unlikely got everything exactly right."

There you go.

This is probably what most Tories will say. "What about if someone else was in government".

It's easier than accepting that Boris's actions, or specifically inaction, led to 1000's of extra deaths.

Still, if that fails there's always the argument that our death rate isn't counted in the same was as Ecuador's, so when it's all tallied up, we might not be much worse then them.

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

No especially the care homes decision. That was just wrong.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"The government did make mistakes, especially regarding flights etc into the country. The question is what would other governments have done if they had been elected. Which is something we will never know. As they weren't. Quite possibly made the same or similar mistakes, or very unlikely got everything exactly right."

Which Is completely irrelevant

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Full enquiry needed simple as that really.

By *drianukMan  over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

Lockdown: madness.

When the history books are written we'll see the unnecessary damage that has been done...and the lies that the lockdown enthusiasts told

"The government did make mistakes, especially regarding flights etc into the country. The question is what would other governments have done if they had been elected. Which is something we will never know. As they weren't. Quite possibly made the same or similar mistakes, or very unlikely got everything exactly right.

There you go.

This is probably what most Tories will say. "What about if someone else was in government".

It's easier than accepting that Boris's actions, or specifically inaction, led to 1000's of extra deaths.

Still, if that fails there's always the argument that our death rate isn't counted in the same was as Ecuador's, so when it's all tallied up, we might not be much worse then them. "

Are you calling me a Tory?

"The government did make mistakes, especially regarding flights etc into the country. The question is what would other governments have done if they had been elected. Which is something we will never know. As they weren't. Quite possibly made the same or similar mistakes, or very unlikely got everything exactly right.

There you go.

Still, if that fails there's always the argument that our death rate isn't counted in the same was as Ecuador's, so when it's all tallied up, we might not be much worse then them.

Are you calling me a Tory?"

That's standard. If you don't absolutely bash the governement, you must be a tory

Which Is completely irrelevant "

Exactly. It is irrelevant. That was my whole point.

I don't know, you don't know, nobody knows.

Would labour have done better? Would the libdems done better? The greens? All irrelevant because they weren't in government, the Tories were. Could it have been done better? Of course it could. Different people make different mistakes.

It's all...whataboutary! To quote you Lionel. We can't know if it would have been handed differently at the time because we didn't have the information the government had or the balancing act needed. The knock on effects we aren't aware of. It's much more than just one decision.

Should we have an enquiry. Most certainly. We need to learn for the next time.

liverpool

Would labour have done better? Would the libdems done better? The greens? All irrelevant because they weren't in government, the Tories were. Could it have been done better? Of course it could. Different people make different mistakes.

It's all...whataboutary! To quote you Lionel. We can't know if it would have been handed differently at the time because we didn't have the information the government had or the balancing act needed. The knock on effects we aren't aware of. It's much more than just one decision.

"

The inquiry will be kicked into the long grass.

Its already been shifted from this year, till next spring.

It will be years before anyone finds anything remotely near the truth,by which time those in power at the time will have moved on.

We have seen it time and time again in the past.

Labour should be on their case each day,demanding a truly independent inquiry.

There you go.

Are you calling me a Tory?"

No, where did you get that from? I was largely agreeing.

There you go.

Are you calling me a Tory?

No, where did you get that from? I was largely agreeing."

I apologise then. It sounded it, I must have misread.

It will be years before anyone finds anything remotely near the truth,by which time those in power at the time will have moved on.

Labour should be on their case each day,demanding a truly independent inquiry."

Can you ever have a truly independent enquiry? Only if it was chaired by someone from outside of the country, would it have any gravitas for me.

All governmental enquiries get kicked into the long grass, from whatever colour. Very few ever get to the truth and even fewer will blame anyone as a specific.

liverpool

Can you ever have a truly independent enquiry? Only if it was chaired by someone from outside of the country, would it have any gravitas for me.

All governmental enquiries get kicked into the long grass, from whatever colour. Very few ever get to the truth and even fewer will blame anyone as a specific. "

So bit of a waste of time then

By *ebbie69Couple  over a year ago

milton keynes

It does need looking into with all means possible. I doubt it will lead to anything criminal unless its proven they took actions deliberately to kill people. Also it needs to be done as soon as it does not detract from fighting the virus. Ultimately forgiveness is a personal thing and can be demonstrated at the next chance to vote

All governmental enquiries get kicked into the long grass, from whatever colour. Very few ever get to the truth and even fewer will blame anyone as a specific.

So bit of a waste of time then"

And a waste of money.

Do you know of one that has been of any use or laid blame anywhere? Enough to get what you are looking for?

But hopefully we can learn something from them, if nothing else.

liverpool

So bit of a waste of time then

And a waste of money.

Do you know of one that has been of any use or laid blame anywhere? Enough to get what you are looking for?

But hopefully we can learn something from them, if nothing else. "

Not a one.

Even the horrific ones like bloody Sunday come years after nearly everyone involved has died.

Everyone makes mistakes, that i can forgive, but it's the deliberate cover ups and the lies that i can't forgive

By *entlemanrogueMan  over a year ago

Motherwell

No never, the tories knew the mistakes they were making and I believe they made them.on purpose.

r fact this clown actually got.voted in, shows the state the UK is in.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Lockdown 1.. we didn’t know…

Lockdown 2…. We knew and didn’t act quickly enough and lessons were not learnt

Oh… and I still don’t think June 21st happens

By *ebbie69Couple  over a year ago

milton keynes

"With the vaccine and lockdown ending, do you think you can forgive the mistakes and actions that have occurred over the last year?

No never, the tories knew the mistakes they were making and I believe they made them.on purpose.

r fact this clown actually got.voted in, shows the state the UK is in. "

Why do you think mistakes were made on purpose? What were they hoping to gain

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

Labour should be on their case each day,demanding a truly independent inquiry."

who

» Add a new message to this topic