FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Kelloggs goes woke

Kelloggs goes woke

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uliaChris OP   Couple  over a year ago

westerham

With the launch of their rainbow cereal covered in edible glitter. "Because you don't fit in a box".

Is it the end for Kelloggs?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uninlondon69Man  over a year ago

Lewisham

Do you want to go back to the old days when Dr Kellogg made cornflakes to stop people wanking?

By *ERRIBLE TWOSUMCouple  over a year ago

Suck mammys strap-on

"With the launch of their rainbow cereal covered in edible glitter. "Because you don't fit in a box".

Is it the end for Kelloggs? "

Go woke or go broke...

westerham

"Do you want to go back to the old days when Dr Kellogg made cornflakes to stop people wanking? "

Doubt they were in the UK then....

By *ddmanMan  over a year ago

Norwich

Brands engaging in pride-washing may be distasteful to some, including a section of the queer community who also find it crass/cynical but it is a least a sign that we're both visible and accepted enough to be worth applying the marketing crowbars to our wallets.

In that respect, they're going "woke" on a purely commercial level and on a short term basis, so it's hardly the end of the company. It's also a limited edition, so if it causes offense, well, eat weetabix until pride season ends, eh?

When i see this kind of product on open sale I feel society accepts me and mine as much as those who never find thier inner self in conflict with societies conventions.

It is the default position of queer political activists to be progressive, provocative and yes, "woke", to apply the pressure required to resist the tendency of conservative (small c) orthodoxy to want to legislate us out if existence or back into the closet.

Rights hard won are easily lost by the stroke of a pen and should moaning about chucking a bone our way rise to suffient levels to drown the business value i would consider that a canary expiring in the coal mine of queer-friendly culture.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"With the launch of their rainbow cereal covered in edible glitter. "Because you don't fit in a box".

Depends how many people, like you, are outraged enough by them not being racist/homophobic, to stop buying their products.

Why does it bother you? It's clearly not for you!

By *isandhers691127Couple  over a year ago

Bournemouth

Private pike has to except his outrage missions from the DM and Express.

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

it's more likely the end to anti-woke

"it's more likely the end to anti-woke "

Hopefully it ends the constant anti-woke threads from the OP.

Just to highlight what the OP is outraged about:

Woke: adjective: "alert to injustice in society, especially racism."

By *isandhers691127Couple  over a year ago

Bournemouth

"Brands engaging in pride-washing may be distasteful to some, including a section of the queer community who also find it crass/cynical but it is a least a sign that we're both visible and accepted enough to be worth applying the marketing crowbars to our wallets.

In that respect, they're going "woke" on a purely commercial level and on a short term basis, so it's hardly the end of the company. It's also a limited edition, so if it causes offense, well, eat weetabix until pride season ends, eh?

When i see this kind of product on open sale I feel society accepts me and mine as much as those who never find thier inner self in conflict with societies conventions.

It is the default position of queer political activists to be progressive, provocative and yes, "woke", to apply the pressure required to resist the tendency of conservative (small c) orthodoxy to want to legislate us out if existence or back into the closet.

Rights hard won are easily lost by the stroke of a pen and should moaning about chucking a bone our way rise to suffient levels to drown the business value i would consider that a canary expiring in the coal mine of queer-friendly culture."

westerham

"Brands engaging in pride-washing may be distasteful to some, including a section of the queer community who also find it crass/cynical but it is a least a sign that we're both visible and accepted enough to be worth applying the marketing crowbars to our wallets.

Rights hard won are easily lost by the stroke of a pen and should moaning about chucking a bone our way rise to suffient levels to drown the business value i would consider that a canary expiring in the coal mine of queer-friendly culture."

Wouldn’t be surprised if as you say a section of the queer community do find it distasteful: Imagine a brand shovelling this sort of crap down kids throats in the name of Pride:

“Cereal Flours [Wheat, Whole Wheat, Maize, Rice, Oat] , Sugar , Glucose-Fructose Syrup , Iodised Salt [Salt, Potassium Iodate] , Colours (Copper Complexes of Chlorophyllins, Curcumin, Paprika Extract) , Elderberry Extract , Rap*seed Oil , Vitamin Premix [Vitamin C, Thiamin (B1), Riboflavin (B2), Niacin (B3), Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Biotin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin E, Vitamin B12] , Flavouring , Blackcurrant Concentrate .”

Just waiting for Smith and Wesson to announce their contribution.

Rights hard won are easily lost by the stroke of a pen and should moaning about chucking a bone our way rise to suffient levels to drown the business value i would consider that a canary expiring in the coal mine of queer-friendly culture.

Wouldn’t be surprised if as you say a section of the queer community do find it distasteful: Imagine a brand shovelling this sort of crap down kids throats in the name of Pride:

“Cereal Flours [Wheat, Whole Wheat, Maize, Rice, Oat] , Sugar , Glucose-Fructose Syrup , Iodised Salt [Salt, Potassium Iodate] , Colours (Copper Complexes of Chlorophyllins, Curcumin, Paprika Extract) , Elderberry Extract , Rap*seed Oil , Vitamin Premix [Vitamin C, Thiamin (B1), Riboflavin (B2), Niacin (B3), Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Biotin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin E, Vitamin B12] , Flavouring , Blackcurrant Concentrate .”

Just waiting for Smith and Wesson to announce their contribution."

So you are bothered about shit cereal, aimed at children?

westerham

So you are bothered about shit cereal, aimed at children? "

I’ve long been bothered about children’s, indeed almost all, cereals, yes.

So when such brands try and come across as holier than thou, it’s bothersome.

So when such brands try and come across as holier than thou, it’s bothersome. "

So it's marketing? Shit cereals have been around for years but it only upsets you when the marketing tactics aren't to your taste? A bit like the people that didn't like the black family on a certain Christmas (I think) advert, last year... Something that affects you not and worries you for all the wrong reasons

"

how very woke of you to be bothered about the kind of capitalism that underpins the whole economy

Interesting how you associate not being a homophobe "holier than thou"

For most people, it's just normal.

westerham

So it's marketing? Shit cereals have been around for years but it only upsets you when the marketing tactics aren't to your taste? A bit like the people that didn't like the black family on a certain Christmas (I think) advert, last year... Something that affects you not and worries you for all the wrong reasons "

No, I’ve campaigned for many years against shit cereals.

westerham

"

how very woke of you to be bothered about the kind of capitalism that underpins the whole economy"

Not in my successful business, and many other businesses, it doesn’t.

westerham

For most people, it's just normal."

And the Nazis were animal lovers.

[Removed by poster at 31/05/21 12:20:51]

how very woke of you. exactly which ones brands has your campaigning been resposible for cancelling alltogether. i bet kellogs shareholders are trembling in their boots because of your successes.

And the Nazis were animal lovers. "

Anyway. On that bizarre note. Back to your original confusion.

Will this be the end of Kellogg's.

Only if a large portion of their customer base are homophobes.

Lewisham

If a rainbow on a cereal box is enough to cause outrage then I want to see rainbow poppies in November too, just to see the size of the meltdown.

I find it a bit odd that all Kellogs have basically done is to re-purpose one of their normal lines for this, called "Fruit Loops".

Suck mammys strap-on

Just waiting for Smith and Wesson to announce their contribution."

What's wrong with Smith and wesson....though i prefer heckler and Koch myself

"If a rainbow on a cereal box is enough to cause outrage then I want to see rainbow poppies in November too, just to see the size of the meltdown. "

Homophobes are a very sensitive bunch, easily confused and outraged.

"I find it a bit odd that all Kellogs have basically done is to re-purpose one of their normal lines for this, called "Fruit Loops"."

Haha. True.

It's working though. They're getting publicity.

Norwich

And the Nazis were animal lovers. "

And... We're Godwin'd!

As to crap cereals, kids cereals have been crap for decades - t'was ever thus. The new bit is that marketers have noticed that a section of the youth market is engaging with broad spectrum inclusive sexuality, openly and freely enough to be worth identity aligned products.

Queer kids aren't afraid to show thier colours, nor seek out icons of identity. This very much differs to my youth under the information blackout of section 28 and threat of violence from institutional or societal homophobia.

No it isn’t ‘the end of Kellogg’s ‘ their stock price increased by nearly 1 % on Friday,

westerham

And... We're Godwin'd!

As to crap cereals, kids cereals have been crap for decades - t'was ever thus. The new bit is that marketers have noticed that a section of the youth market is engaging with broad spectrum inclusive sexuality, openly and freely enough to be worth identity aligned products.

Queer kids aren't afraid to show thier colours, nor seek out icons of identity. This very much differs to my youth under the information blackout of section 28 and threat of violence from institutional or societal homophobia. "

Blimey, it’s almost as if there’s no middle ground where immoral capitalism could stop virtue signalling and the rest of us could all bump along.

And... We're Godwin'd!

Queer kids aren't afraid to show thier colours, nor seek out icons of identity. This very much differs to my youth under the information blackout of section 28 and threat of violence from institutional or societal homophobia.

Blimey, it’s almost as if there’s no middle ground where immoral capitalism could stop virtue signalling and the rest of us could all bump along."

Just learn to live in a more tolerant educated and modern world and stop getting triggered and outraged . It’s 2021 not 1921

westerham

Funny how we get lengthy threads proclaiming critical thinking and yet so many are happy to believe the self proclaimed virtues of immoral capitalists.

Suck mammys strap-on

And... We're Godwin'd!

Blimey, it’s almost as if there’s no middle ground where immoral capitalism could stop virtue signalling and the rest of us could all bump along."

Its like BLM...but for the queer community

no, you are just posted another thread on your wanting to cancel more things that conflict with your narrative of rightwing culture warrior paranoia.

Suck mammys strap-on

"no, you are just posted another thread on your wanting to cancel more things that conflict with your narrative of rightwing culture warrior paranoia."
and who is this for

"Funny how we get lengthy threads proclaiming critical thinking and yet so many are happy to believe the self proclaimed virtues of immoral capitalists."

It’s the way of the modern world Chris, you need to get woke or go broke .

Suck mammys strap-on

"Funny how we get lengthy threads proclaiming critical thinking and yet so many are happy to believe the self proclaimed virtues of immoral capitalists.

It’s the way of the modern world Chris, you need to get woke or go broke . "

very true

"Funny how we get lengthy threads proclaiming critical thinking and yet so many are happy to believe the self proclaimed virtues of immoral capitalists.

It’s the way of the modern world Chris, you need to get woke or go broke . very true "

Which is a great thing to see, education is key,

Norwich

And... We're Godwin'd!

Capitalism is *amoral*, it's chained by regulation, either explicit in law or implicit by the cultural mores of the consumers who engage in it, and those mores change.

Virtue signalling sells - alignment with your consumers is a key mechanism of free market capitalism.

If you don't like the product, vote with your wallet. You don't have to buy products nor aimed at you - be that butt plugs or m&s "lgbt" sandwiches.

If you don't like the culture, vote. If culture turns out to disagree with you, well, welcome to a minority - please enjoy the wasteland of isolation. I might suggest you become an activist for your cause.

As older queer folk will tell you that's a hard road with no garuantee of success in turning the ship, when the wind, waves and crew are uninterested in supporting your efforts or worse, setting a course elsewhere.

westerham

And... We're Godwin'd!

Blimey, it’s almost as if there’s no middle ground where immoral capitalism could stop virtue signalling and the rest of us could all bump along.

Capitalism is *amoral*, it's chained by regulation, either explicit in law or implicit by the cultural mores of the consumers who engage in it, and those mores change.

Virtue signalling sells - alignment with your consumers is a key mechanism of free market capitalism.

If you don't like the product, vote with your wallet. You don't have to buy products nor aimed at you - be that butt plugs or m&s "lgbt" sandwiches.

If you don't like the culture, vote. If culture turns out to disagree with you, well, welcome to a minority - please enjoy the wasteland of isolation. I might suggest you become an activist for your cause.

As older queer folk will tell you that's a hard road with no garuantee of success in turning the ship, when the wind, waves and crew are uninterested in supporting your efforts or worse, setting a course elsewhere.

"

Although that’s not unintelligent, I don’t think you believe that Kellogg’s, or Gillette, are interested in turning any ship other than profit. And as per the OP, consumers can be surprisingly wise to hypocrisy (eg Ratners).

Gillette’s profits collapsed after their woke campaign two years ago and they fired their ad agency, and haven’t virtue signalled since.

Hence Kellogg’s are imho making a huge error.

And... We're Godwin'd!

Although that’s not unintelligent, I don’t think you believe that Kellogg’s, or Gillette, are interested in turning any ship other than profit. And as per the OP, consumers can be surprisingly wise to hypocrisy (eg Ratners).

Gillette’s profits collapsed after their woke campaign two years ago and they fired their ad agency, and haven’t virtue signalled since.

Hence Kellogg’s are imho making a huge error."

Kellogg’s stock increased by nearly 1 % on Friday, education is key here .

westerham

And... We're Godwin'd!

Kellogg’s stock increased by nearly 1 % on Friday, education is key here . "

It’s gone down from 78 to 65 over the last five years, and the steepest fall in late 2019 coincided with the original Rainbow promotion.

Board changes coming certainly.

And... We're Godwin'd!

Kellogg’s stock increased by nearly 1 % on Friday, education is key here .

It’s gone down from 78 to 65 over the last five years, and the steepest fall in late 2019 coincided with the original Rainbow promotion.

Board changes coming certainly. "

Went up nearly 1% on Friday, the new cereal is a winner

Suck mammys strap-on

It’s the way of the modern world Chris, you need to get woke or go broke . very true

Which is a great thing to see, education is key, "

Not sure Gillette would agree with you..seeing as their last add and attempt at going woke backfired...

And... We're Godwin'd!

What's the middle ground between homophobia and not homophobia?

It’s the way of the modern world Chris, you need to get woke or go broke . very true

Which is a great thing to see, education is key, Not sure Gillette would agree with you..seeing as their last add and attempt at going woke backfired..."

In June 2019, P&G wrote-down Gillette business by $8 billion, a move which company executives attributed to currency exchange, new competitors in the market, and increased popularity of growing beards. Share prices increased following the write-down.

Education is key here

And... We're Godwin'd!

"

Confusion and ignorance??

Which is a great thing to see, education is key, Not sure Gillette would agree with you..seeing as their last add and attempt at going woke backfired..."

Far right racists and homophobes do enjoy a good cancelling don't they!

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

The end of Kellogg’s? You seem very easily triggered? Why does some multi coloured cereal worry you so much?

-Matt

And... We're Godwin'd!

Confusion and ignorance??"

Think that's covered already under "homophobia".

And... We're Godwin'd!

Confusion and ignorance??

Think that's covered already under "homophobia"."

Good point, I guess there is no middle ground, you can’t really be ‘a bit ‘ homophobic.

westerham

And... We're Godwin'd!

"

Kellogg’s are laughing at the gullible sadly

And... We're Godwin'd!

Kellogg’s are laughing at the gullible sadly "

Maybe the admins can set up a new section of the forums for the this stuff.

You can post threads trying to cancel businesses for not being racist or homophobic, to your heart's content.

It's not really a good fit for the politics section.

And... We're Godwin'd!

Kellogg’s are laughing at the gullible sadly "

They are laughing at you,

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

It's always funny seeing conservatives suddenly discover the amorality within capitalism when it suits them.

Everyone knows that these brands are doing this for their image and own profitability.

That's a criticism of capitalism, not of LGBTQ activism and inclusion.

westerham

"It's always funny seeing conservatives suddenly discover the amorality within capitalism when it suits them.

Everyone knows that these brands are doing this for their image and own profitability.

That's a criticism of capitalism, not of LGBTQ activism and inclusion. "

Haven’t seen any criticism of genuine activism or inclusion. Funny how a forum claiming to be full of critical thinkers read only what they want to read.

"It's always funny seeing conservatives suddenly discover the amorality within capitalism when it suits them.

That's a criticism of capitalism, not of LGBTQ activism and inclusion.

Haven’t seen any criticism of genuine activism or inclusion. Funny how a forum claiming to be full of critical thinkers read only what they want to read. "

Back to your OP.

Do you think enough homophobes are going to stop munching on Kellogg's cereal to finish their business off?

"Back to your OP.

Do you think enough homophobes are going to stop munching on Kellogg's cereal to finish their business off?"

perhaps the op's personal appeal to anti-woke racists to boulster the homphobes boycott against kellogs will tip the balance

Suck mammys strap-on

That's a criticism of capitalism, not of LGBTQ activism and inclusion. "

Sure let's Ditch capitalism for socialism/communism...much more LGBTQ friendly

Suck mammys strap-on

"Back to your OP.

Do you think enough homophobes are going to stop munching on Kellogg's cereal to finish their business off?

perhaps the op's personal appeal to anti-woke racists to boulster the homphobes boycott against kellogs will tip the balance"

So anti woke now means your racist and homophobic....you learn something new everyday eh.

"Back to your OP.

perhaps the op's personal appeal to anti-woke racists to boulster the homphobes boycott against kellogs will tip the balanceSo anti woke now means your racist and homophobic....you learn something new everyday eh."

Well, yeah. Glad someone could help explain it.

That's a criticism of capitalism, not of LGBTQ activism and inclusion. Sure let's Ditch capitalism for socialism/communism...much more LGBTQ friendly "

So you understand neither then?

"Back to your OP.

perhaps the op's personal appeal to anti-woke racists to boulster the homphobes boycott against kellogs will tip the balanceSo anti woke now means your racist and homophobic....you learn something new everyday eh."

Yep. That's pretty much correct.

If your anti-anti-racist. You can pretty much remove both "anti's".

By *unnyPairCouple  over a year ago

Seminole

Depends how many people, like you, are outraged enough by them not being racist/homophobic, to stop buying their products."

Are you suggesting until they launched this new line, a cereal company was racist/homophobic?

Depends how many people, like you, are outraged enough by them not being racist/homophobic, to stop buying their products.

Are you suggesting until they launched this new line, a cereal company was racist/homophobic? "

Nope. I'm just asking if the OP thinks homophobes will stop buying Kellogg's cereal because of their new advertising campaign. Hence why I used the words I did.

OP seems to think that homophobic people are extremely easily offended and triggered.

Suck mammys strap-on

That's a criticism of capitalism, not of LGBTQ activism and inclusion. Sure let's Ditch capitalism for socialism/communism...much more LGBTQ friendly

So you understand neither then? "

I'm all ears educate me.. ..

Suck mammys strap-on

Are you suggesting until they launched this new line, a cereal company was racist/homophobic? "

would it surprise you the way things are going if people actually thought that...

Seminole

Are you suggesting until they launched this new line, a cereal company was racist/homophobic?

Nope. I'm just asking if the OP thinks homophobes will stop buying Kellogg's cereal because of their new advertising campaign. Hence why I used the words I did.

OP seems to think that homophobic people are extremely easily offended and triggered. "

Did they stop production of racist/homophobic cereal flakes? I mean, by what you elude to, that’s the only way the OP would have been a consumer.

OP seems to think that homophobic people are extremely easily offended and triggered.

Did they stop production of racist/homophobic cereal flakes? I mean, by what you elude to, that’s the only way the OP would have been a consumer. "

I'm not alluding to anything. You're making stuff up.

This is not my thread. I just asked a question.

To be clear. I am not a homophobe, and I am not outraged at, triggered by, trying to cancel the business because of, rainbow colouring in Kellogg's cereals.

I'm just glad that Tony the Tiger has finally come out of the closet.

"Back to your OP.

Woke

alert to injustice in society, especially racism.

"we need to stay angry, and stay woke"

Which part of woke are you against?

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"no, you are just posted another thread on your wanting to cancel more things that conflict with your narrative of rightwing culture warrior paranoia."

Never have i more regretted that Fab doesn’t do pictures…. Because that simpsons “angry man yells at cloud” meme would be so appropriate for the OP right now…….

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I'm just glad that Tony the Tiger has finally come out of the closet. "

Snap, crackle, pop… the coco pops monkey, Tony the Tiger….. just by the numbers…. The statistical average was that one on them wasn’t going to be straight…..

It was always going to be a case of “guess who”

"I'm just glad that Tony the Tiger has finally come out of the closet.

Snap, crackle, pop… the coco pops monkey, Tony the Tiger….. just by the numbers…. The statistical average was that one on them wasn’t going to be straight…..

It was always going to be a case of “guess who” "

The red bandana was always the give-away

Seminole

Did they stop production of racist/homophobic cereal flakes? I mean, by what you elude to, that’s the only way the OP would have been a consumer.

To be clear. I am not a homophobe, and I am not outraged at, triggered by, trying to cancel the business because of, rainbow colouring in Kellogg's cereals. "

I was only asking about what you wrote, and stated that the OP was “outraged enough by them not being racist/homophobic, to stop buying their products.” That would suggest that the OP would be elated if they didn’t sell rainbow whatever and went back to being racist/homophobic. Kellogg’s has clearly dropped the racist/homophobic way they in the past have been conducting business and now have your business. So they lost the OP, but have your loyalty now. Very open minded of you to forgive their past behavior.

"no, you are just posted another thread on your wanting to cancel more things that conflict with your narrative of rightwing culture warrior paranoia.

Never have i more regretted that Fab doesn’t do pictures…. Because that simpsons “angry man yells at cloud” meme would be so appropriate for the OP right now……. "

It’s either that or the confused Homer Simpson meme

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

The hijacking of pride and the pink pound is a conversation for another day I feel. One where both side of this schism can stop point scoring against each other.

To be clear. I am not a homophobe, and I am not outraged at, triggered by, trying to cancel the business because of, rainbow colouring in Kellogg's cereals.

I was only asking about what you wrote, and stated that the OP was “outraged enough by them not being racist/homophobic, to stop buying their products.” That would suggest that the OP would be elated if they didn’t sell rainbow whatever and went back to being racist/homophobic. Kellogg’s has clearly dropped the racist/homophobic way they in the past have been conducting business and now have your business. So they lost the OP, but have your loyalty now. Very open minded of you to forgive their past behavior. "

Are you outraged by Kellogg’s decision to sell rainbow coloured cereal ?

I was only asking about what you wrote, and stated that the OP was “outraged enough by them not being racist/homophobic, to stop buying their products.” That would suggest that the OP would be elated if they didn’t sell rainbow whatever and went back to being racist/homophobic. Kellogg’s has clearly dropped the racist/homophobic way they in the past have been conducting business and now have your business. So they lost the OP, but have your loyalty now. Very open minded of you to forgive their past behavior. "

Ah I see. You've made an assumption, then made another assumption based on the first assumption. Ended up inventing a whole story about someone you don't know.

Fair play to you.

I'll try to be as clear as possible. If this doesn't work. Then I'll just give up and you can invent whatever fairytales you like.

I am not a homophobe, and I am not outraged at, triggered by, trying to cancel the business because of, rainbow colouring in Kellogg's cereals. And furthermore my personal consumption of Kellogg's products will remain entirely unaltered due to these events.

Honestly, can't be clearer.

I simply asked the OP a question. As above. It's all there.

Suck mammys strap-on

"Back to your OP.

perhaps the op's personal appeal to anti-woke racists to boulster the homphobes boycott against kellogs will tip the balanceSo anti woke now means your racist and homophobic....you learn something new everyday eh.

Woke

"

you need to stay angry and stay woke.....sounds like you need to get a bit off a life mate

"Back to your OP.

perhaps the op's personal appeal to anti-woke racists to boulster the homphobes boycott against kellogs will tip the balanceSo anti woke now means your racist and homophobic....you learn something new everyday eh.

Woke

you need to stay angry and stay woke.....sounds like you need to get a bit off a life mate "

Have another try, which part of that are you against? will you stop buying Kellogg’s products due to the rainbow coloured cereal

Lewisham

Personally I like Shredded Wheat and Shreddies - supermarket own brand ones are just as good. Neither of them are Kellogg's products. Am I supposed to be angry? #confused

Suck mammys strap-on

"Back to your OP.

Woke

you need to stay angry and stay woke.....sounds like you need to get a bit off a life mate

Have another try, which part of that are you against? will you stop buying Kellogg’s products due to the rainbow coloured cereal "

I prefer porridge...nothing to do with being woke or anti woke...I'd your happy being a sjw keep it up.

"Personally I like Shredded Wheat and Shreddies - supermarket own brand ones are just as good. Neither of them are Kellogg's products. Am I supposed to be angry? #confused "

If you don't hate gay people, then all this is utterly irrelevant.

"Back to your OP.

Woke

Have another try, which part of that are you against? will you stop buying Kellogg’s products due to the rainbow coloured cereal I prefer porridge...nothing to do with being woke or anti woke...I'd your happy being a sjw keep it up."

Have another try, are you bothered like the OP about Kellogg’s selling rainbow coloured cereal ?

Suck mammys strap-on

"Back to your OP.

Woke

Have another try, which part of that are you against? will you stop buying Kellogg’s products due to the rainbow coloured cereal I prefer porridge...nothing to do with being woke or anti woke...I'd your happy being a sjw keep it up.

Have another try, are you bothered like the OP about Kellogg’s selling rainbow coloured cereal ? "

are you..

westerham

Charitable people like me are extremely bothered about gullible fools being taken in by trendy marketing, thinking that giving Kellogg’s more money is doing anything for any community.

Laughably naive really.

Homophobes having a really hard time with this cereal situation today.

Must be hard work being outraged all the time by something is minor as coloured cereal.

"Back to your OP.

Woke

Have another try, which part of that are you against? will you stop buying Kellogg’s products due to the rainbow coloured cereal I prefer porridge...nothing to do with being woke or anti woke...I'd your happy being a sjw keep it up.

Have another try, are you bothered like the OP about Kellogg’s selling rainbow coloured cereal ? are you.."

Not in the slightest

Suck mammys strap-on

"Homophobes having a really hard time with this cereal situation today.

Must be hard work being outraged all the time by something is minor as coloured cereal."

must be hard work being such a sjw...when there's no injustice to be seen here

"Charitable people like me are extremely bothered about gullible fools being taken in by trendy marketing, thinking that giving Kellogg’s more money is doing anything for any community.

Laughably naive really."

It must be tough living in ‘your world’ where your continually triggered and outraged with the new modern and educated world . It’s time to get woke Chris you can’t live in the bigoted , confused ignorant past world, things have changed .

"Homophobes having a really hard time with this cereal situation today.

Must be hard work being outraged all the time by something is minor as coloured cereal.must be hard work being such a sjw...when there's no injustice to be seen here "

I agree. Being not-homophobic isn't and injustice.

Seems to rile some people though. You have to wonder why.

Norwich

"Charitable people like me are extremely bothered about gullible fools being taken in by trendy marketing, thinking that giving Kellogg’s more money is doing anything for any community.

Laughably naive really."

If you're feeling charitable, I'd suggest an act if allyship; perhaps a donation to an lgbt oriented charity?

Your point otherwise echos an objection some queer folk have about the adoption of the rainbow for commercial gain without directly benefitting the movement - hence the cynicism. Where were kellogs/adidas/aviva/etc when we really needed them to stand up in the hard times?

I prefer to be of the opinion that there's no such thing as bad publicity when it comes to stunts like this. Occasionally picking up some lgbt tat is a form of participation in my community; I know what's going on, but I see tangential value in it.

It also continues to normalise our presence to, and occupy the headspace of, those who would see us relegated to second class citizens due to retrograde yearning for a rose-tinted past where nothing challenged particular idea of "how things should be".

Often, when people moan about "woke", they're partly expressing a feeling of dissatisfaction about the status quo visibly evolving in a direction that equalises priveledges.

This perception resolves as "persecution" in zero-sum thinking, when it's actually nothing of the sort. All they've lost is the ability to publicly "other" and silence someone based on thier own discomfort with changing mores.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

As far as I can see, this cereal is for the North American market only.

No need to protest outside your supermarket of choice.

By *renzMan  over a year ago

Between Chichester and Havant

It is a marketing ploy. Gimmick could be taken the wrong way on here. If this thread is anything to go by, it has worked. Kellogg's are being talked about. Raising their own awareness, more than any gay, pride/community awareness.

I'm sure this isn't the only discussion on the www about Kelloggs. So awareness risen but about who?

I haven't bought branded cereals from a supermarket for many years, much preferring to buy organically produced oats and muesli from a local small shop.

If it hadn't been through reading this thread I wouldn't have been aware.

"It is a marketing ploy. Gimmick could be taken the wrong way on here. If this thread is anything to go by, it has worked. Kellogg's are being talked about. Raising their own awareness, more than any gay, pride/community awareness.

I'm sure this isn't the only discussion on the www about Kelloggs. So awareness risen but about who?

I haven't bought branded cereals from a supermarket for many years, much preferring to buy organically produced oats and muesli from a local small shop.

If it hadn't been through reading this thread I wouldn't have been aware."

Same. It was reported by Fox News. Even the Daily Mail/Express thought this was beneath them.

So they may lose a few homophobes as customers. But they're getting a lot of publicity.

Also buy muesli mix from the local shop. Cheaper, nicer, more healthy.

westerham

Laughably naive really.

If you're feeling charitable, I'd suggest an act if allyship; perhaps a donation to an lgbt oriented charity?

Your point otherwise echos an objection some queer folk have about the adoption of the rainbow for commercial gain without directly benefitting the movement - hence the cynicism. Where were kellogs/adidas/aviva/etc when we really needed them to stand up in the hard times?

I prefer to be of the opinion that there's no such thing as bad publicity when it comes to stunts like this. Occasionally picking up some lgbt tat is a form of participation in my community; I know what's going on, but I see tangential value in it.

It also continues to normalise our presence to, and occupy the headspace of, those who would see us relegated to second class citizens due to retrograde yearning for a rose-tinted past where nothing challenged particular idea of "how things should be".

Often, when people moan about "woke", they're partly expressing a feeling of dissatisfaction about the status quo visibly evolving in a direction that equalises priveledges.

This perception resolves as "persecution" in zero-sum thinking, when it's actually nothing of the sort. All they've lost is the ability to publicly "other" and silence someone based on thier own discomfort with changing mores. "

A couple of good points, but I’d like to see some actual examples of equalising privileges that’s annoying anyone - anti woke frustration is more likely due to insincere in your face corporate virtue signalling.

Meretricious persiflage.

Laughably naive really.

This perception resolves as "persecution" in zero-sum thinking, when it's actually nothing of the sort. All they've lost is the ability to publicly "other" and silence someone based on thier own discomfort with changing mores.

A couple of good points, but I’d like to see some actual examples of equalising privileges that’s annoying anyone - anti woke frustration is more likely due to insincere in your face corporate virtue signalling.

Meretricious persiflage."

How do we know you're not virtue signalling?

Maybe you don't really lose your shit whenever people aren't racist or homophobic enough, this could all be an act.

"It is a marketing ploy. Gimmick could be taken the wrong way on here. If this thread is anything to go by, it has worked. Kellogg's are being talked about. Raising their own awareness, more than any gay, pride/community awareness.

Same. It was reported by Fox News. Even the Daily Mail/Express thought this was beneath them.

So they may lose a few homophobes as customers. But they're getting a lot of publicity.

Also buy muesli mix from the local shop. Cheaper, nicer, more healthy. For a straight guy ...you seem to bang on an awful lot about homophobes...maybe your struggling to come out off the closet or something "

Good hustle. What would you think if I was gay?

Also buy muesli mix from the local shop. Cheaper, nicer, more healthy. "

And if you add some drops of different food colourings, you can make your muesli as gay as you like!

Suck mammys strap-on

Also buy muesli mix from the local shop. Cheaper, nicer, more healthy. For a straight guy ...you seem to bang on an awful lot about homophobes...maybe your struggling to come out off the closet or something

Good hustle. What would you think if I was gay? "

Sweet fuck all...who said it was a hustle..plenty on here who are fab straight.

Also buy muesli mix from the local shop. Cheaper, nicer, more healthy. For a straight guy ...you seem to bang on an awful lot about homophobes...maybe your struggling to come out off the closet or something

Good hustle. What would you think if I was gay? Sweet fuck all...who said it was a hustle..plenty on here who are fab straight."

Why bring it up then?

What's your issue with gay people, or people who aren't homophobic?

westerham

Also buy muesli mix from the local shop. Cheaper, nicer, more healthy. For a straight guy ...you seem to bang on an awful lot about homophobes...maybe your struggling to come out off the closet or something "

Don't worry, you'll get that sort of response a lot around here when the argument is weak or non existant.

Also buy muesli mix from the local shop. Cheaper, nicer, more healthy.

And if you add some drops of different food colourings, you can make your muesli as gay as you like! "

How does adding colour to muesli make it ‘gay’?

By *ack4NinaCouple  over a year ago

Carmarthen

What’s woke?

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

"What’s woke?"

Kellogs!

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

"What’s woke?"

"alert to injustice in society, especially racism.

"we need to stay angry, and stay woke"

There's the dictionary definition.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

I think that I'll start a rumour about Smarties and/or M & M's going rainbow coloured for pride, watch the anti-woke's lose their shit over that...

westerham

I consider it consumer awareness. Kellogg’s wanted 7 quid a box for this crap btw.

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS  over a year ago

Notts

"Do you want to go back to the old days when Dr Kellogg made cornflakes to stop people wanking? "

Yes lol that's so funny, people trying to wank but just unable.... hand shaking hips thrusting but no, damn those flakes lol

» Add a new message to this topic