FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Weatherspoons.

Weatherspoons.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rench letter OP   Couple  over a year ago

Chorley,

I have read that Tim Martin is asking the government to make it easier for EU citizens to be able to come and work in the Uk as he is struggling to get staff.

What a moron as he wanted Brexit and end freedom of movement.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

Ain’t he just

By *uliaChrisCouple  over a year ago

westerham

Not quite what he's said.

He's said he wants points immigration which always would have included the EU anyway, just means taking only useful workers rather than other countries thugs and low lifes.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I have read that Tim Martin is asking the government to make it easier for EU citizens to be able to come and work in the Uk as he is struggling to get staff.

What a moron as he wanted Brexit and end freedom of movement. "

I have to agree

There will be those who claim that

Some immigrants are just morons & thugs .

Oh , it seems they already have

By *uliaChrisCouple  over a year ago

westerham

"I have read that Tim Martin is asking the government to make it easier for EU citizens to be able to come and work in the Uk as he is struggling to get staff.

I have to agree

There will be those who claim that

Some immigrants are just morons & thugs .

Oh , it seems they already have "

We have plenty of home grown thugs we don't need to import any more.

O dear, someone else who didn’t know what he was voting for, worrying trend

O dear, someone else who didn’t know what he was voting for, worrying trend "

Its getting funny now .

The back tracking is going to be gold

Its getting funny now .

"

It will start with , yeah but, that isn’t what he ment and then something about ‘remainers tears ‘

Its getting funny now .

It will start with , yeah but, that isn’t what he ment and then something about ‘remainers tears ‘ "

Get over it weve left .

Yeah we know thats why weve got empty Beer glasses .

Only 1 person behing the bar .

Oi Chris tell mustard trousers to pull

his finger out & hurry up

Im thirsty

Its getting funny now .

It will start with , yeah but, that isn’t what he ment and then something about ‘remainers tears ‘

Get over it weve left .

Im thirsty

"

There is a video of Dim Martin stating that he will increase wages if he can’t get replacement staff after Brexit , that is obviously working well .

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

It never fails to amaze me the ignorance of some people and the way they try to twist a story to suit their narrative and they say brexiteers didnt know what they voted for.

It just goes to show they had no idea what ending free movement actually meant. I have neither the time or inclination to keep explaining to those ignorant of it but will just say it was not closing the boarders and not letting anyone outside the uk ever work here again. It was about a system where people are employed on points and getting the workers we need and not an elitist system because of where you were born.

Anyway im off enjoy yourselves wallowing in your self pity, the suns out, businesses are booming and the uk is recovering fast, its been fun trying to cheer all you doom and gloom mongers up through lockdown but now life is sweet and getting back to normal i will leave you to moan amongst yourselves i have better things to do.

Bye.

Its getting funny now .

Get over it weve left .

Im thirsty

There is a video of Dim Martin stating that he will increase wages if he can’t get replacement staff after Brexit , that is obviously working well . "

He must be getting nervous about buisness if he is actually

Going to increase wages .

Its getting funny now .

Get over it weve left .

Im thirsty

There is a video of Dim Martin stating that he will increase wages if he can’t get replacement staff after Brexit , that is obviously working well .

Going to increase wages ."

Yep, and we all know what increased wages mean, his customers will be having fits when they find out they need to pay any extra for a pint and a shitty meal

Its getting funny now .

Get over it weve left .

Im thirsty

Yep, and we all know what increased wages mean, his customers will be having fits when they find out they need to pay any extra for a pint and a shitty meal "

The Biggest Pub Chain in the UK

All those poor drinkers who have to spend more money

On cheap Beer & crap food indeed

thornaby

Its getting funny now .

Get over it weve left .

Im thirsty

Yep, and we all know what increased wages mean, his customers will be having fits when they find out they need to pay any extra for a pint and a shitty meal

"

if it’s cheap and crap won’t it be cheaper not more money lol

Its getting funny now .

Get over it weve left .

Im thirsty

if it’s cheap and crap won’t it be cheaper not more money lol"

Not if Dim Martin has to increase the wages of his staff, btw, if he does as promised, I am pleased that his staff get a pay increase .

By *ockdownerMan  over a year ago

Preston

"It never fails to amaze me the ignorance of some people and the way they try to twist a story to suit their narrative and they say brexiteers didnt know what they voted for.

It just goes to show they had no idea what ending free movement actually meant. I have neither the time or inclination to keep explaining to those ignorant of it but will just say it was not closing the boarders and not letting anyone outside the uk ever work here again. It was about a system where people are employed on points and getting the workers we need and not an elitist system because of where you were born.

Anyway im off enjoy yourselves wallowing in your self pity, the suns out, businesses are booming and the uk is recovering fast, its been fun trying to cheer all you doom and gloom mongers up through lockdown but now life is sweet and getting back to normal i will leave you to moan amongst yourselves i have better things to do.

Bye.

"

While I voted remain I did / do think freedom of movement was good in some aspects but a proper immigration system is better.

Its getting funny now .

Get over it weve left .

Im thirsty

if it’s cheap and crap won’t it be cheaper not more money lol

Not if Dim Martin has to increase the wages of his staff, btw, if he does as promised, I am pleased that his staff get a pay increase . "

Especially as Brexperts will have to pay more

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

The freedom of movement directive in 2006 gave us control of our borders but the media never mentioned that.

We had the right to deport immigrants if they didn’t meet our criteria.

Racist quotes of swarms of Turks on their way is headline grabbing.

By *drianukMan  over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

Some Remainers are so bitter they are telling lies. Not a good look.

Tim Martin didn't say that

thornaby

"The freedom of movement directive in 2006 gave us control of our borders but the media never mentioned that.

We had the right to deport immigrants if they didn’t meet our criteria.

Racist quotes of swarms of Turks on their way is headline grabbing. "

is swarms or Turks really racist ?

"Some Remainers are so bitter they are telling lies. Not a good look.

Tim Martin didn't say that"

Your right its just what the

The Conservative Leave campaign, led by Boris Johnson and Michael Gove, has chosen to cast the entire Turkish nation as the enemy. 

Said . As quoted from the Financial Times .

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/f264be32-2cc6-11e6-bf8d-26294ad519fc

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

"It never fails to amaze me the ignorance of some people and the way they try to twist a story to suit their narrative and they say brexiteers didnt know what they voted for.

Bye.

While I voted remain I did / do think freedom of movement was good in some aspects but a proper immigration system is better. "

Yes, it means you accept those that are needed and not just anyone exercising their former right to come here regardless. The fact staff are wanted is good news for those seeking work in that sector

Bye.

"

That's all well and good, but it doesn't solve dear old Tim's problem.

I mean he might just have to increase his wages to living wages, you know so people can afford to commute to where his non-high street pubs are, to work for him, and still take home a good paycheck after paying rent/board.

Bye.

While I voted remain I did / do think freedom of movement was good in some aspects but a proper immigration system is better.

Yes, it means you accept those that are needed and not just anyone exercising their former right to come here regardless. The fact staff are wanted is good news for those seeking work in that sector"

You market demands on the labour market are all we and good, but why is it that British people are not taking these jobs?

Is it:

- some of these jobs are in hard to reach locations, and therefore transport cost isn't worth it if the pay is naff?

- is it that the pay is just not attractive?

- is it that those who are unemployed just do not want to work/do that work?

thornaby

Bye.

Yes, it means you accept those that are needed and not just anyone exercising their former right to come here regardless. The fact staff are wanted is good news for those seeking work in that sector

You market demands on the labour market are all we and good, but why is it that British people are not taking these jobs?

Is it:

- some of these jobs are in hard to reach locations, and therefore transport cost isn't worth it if the pay is naff?

- is it that those who are unemployed just do not want to work/do that work?"

maybe late nights and weekends arnt so attractive

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

You generally cant beat a good old fashioned flounce

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

Bye.

Is it:

- is it that those who are unemployed just do not want to work/do that work?"

Surely that's a question for those people you mention. At a time when according to some we would all be going broke its good to see quite the reverse happening

By *rRightlyMan  over a year ago

Near Brexit dreamer

The stupidity of brexiteers always makes me laugh. You had a good system, there low skilled jobs could be done by immigrants and high skilled jobs would be taken by british ( just because they could communicate in english). But you chose to destroy that beneficial system. Correct me if Im wrong, but doesnt point based system require a minimum wage of 25-30k paid by the employer to the immigrant? So no more EU workers for good ol' Timmy, as he wont pay that for his staff.

Also, most of the EU immigrants came for seasonal jobs or maybe for few years. They paid thousands of pounds to the pension funds and they wont get them back, as you have to work for at least something like 10 years to be eligible to receive UK pension, so most of EU immigrants just paid the money and wont get it back. That is INSANE benefit for the british. The whole impact of brexit will only show after a decade or two.

thornaby

Thought the impact would be the day after we voted leave tho

By *pepepipoxMan  over a year ago

Islington

What he probably wants is an immigration system that allows less rights for workers. Complain, and you're off to some dodgy detention center.

Otherwise, he might need to improve conditions & pay for staff, which would hurt the bottom line. But ironically, would be beneficial for the oft forgotten red faced community.

liverpool

"The stupidity of brexiteers always makes me laugh. You had a good system, there low skilled jobs could be done by immigrants and high skilled jobs would be taken by british ( just because they could communicate in english). But you chose to destroy that beneficial system. Correct me if Im wrong, but doesnt point based system require a minimum wage of 25-30k paid by the employer to the immigrant? So no more EU workers for good ol' Timmy, as he wont pay that for his staff.

Also, most of the EU immigrants came for seasonal jobs or maybe for few years. They paid thousands of pounds to the pension funds and they wont get them back, as you have to work for at least something like 10 years to be eligible to receive UK pension, so most of EU immigrants just paid the money and wont get it back. That is INSANE benefit for the british. The whole impact of brexit will only show after a decade or two."

You are expecting the likes of boris johnson,nigel farage and the daily mail to have a degree of foresight.

The fall out from this over the next few years is going to be highly amusing.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

He's the type I'd appreciate fewer of in future.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"

Yes, it means you accept those that are needed and not just anyone exercising their former right to come here regardless. The fact staff are wanted is good news for those seeking work in that sector"

No one has ever had the right to “come here regardless.”

Successive Governments simply chose not to invest money in policing the rules because as virtually everyone knew... Many EU migrants worked in hospitality and agriculture in roles that could not be filled by U.K. resident workers.

There are still hotels in London that are not open because of staffing problems. I know this because I was booking a meeting room and overnight accommodation on the South Bank last week. I was told on the phone that three hotels that I enquired about were not opening “because of staffing shortages.”

North West

"Not quite what he's said.

He's said he wants points immigration which always would have included the EU anyway, just means taking only useful workers rather than other countries thugs and low lifes."

We have a points based immigration system in place.

He was asking for a loosening of EU migrant rules “on our terms” to help him staff his pubs. The thing is that like many Brexiters he doesn’t accept that this is a two way street and in the asymmetric relationship that we have with the EU, we can’t just call the shots and expect the EU to come to heel like a good doggy.

He's said he wants points immigration which always would have included the EU anyway, just means taking only useful workers rather than other countries thugs and low lifes.

He was asking for a loosening of EU migrant rules “on our terms” to help him staff his pubs. The thing is that like many Brexiters he doesn’t accept that this is a two way street and in the asymmetric relationship that we have with the EU, we can’t just call the shots and expect the EU to come to heel like a good doggy."

The idea that we can, shows that some still feel

"The waves are ruled by us" & we can just go kick

The ars* of the opponents is a sad misconception .

The Euro 2016 footy tournament put an end to the mystique

When the Russians dominated the hooliganism .

If the Footy Thugs cant be the best in Europe

What makes anyone think that the forces will be ?

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

I think in this case he has been entirely consistent.

He didn't want immigrants with rights. He wants immigrants he can pay a pittance, and get thrown out of the country if they don't show up for a shift.

Spain, Lancs

He campaigned for the UK, not Brussels, to set its own immigration policy.

There is no inconsistency in any of this.

The dwindling band of Remainers will snatch at anything

"He campaigned for the UK, not Brussels, to set its own immigration policy.

The dwindling band of Remainers will snatch at anything"

And how is that working out? He is know asking the government to allow people from the EU to work in his shitty pubs, that wasn’t ab issue before BREXIT, Dim has shot himself in the foot

liverpool

And how is that working out? He is know asking the government to allow people from the EU to work in his shitty pubs, that wasn’t ab issue before BREXIT, Dim has shot himself in the foot "

Not the brightest chap though is he?

Probally why he gets on with Alex so well.

Not really sure what all of this is about

Weatherspoons are not struggling for staff apart from in a few smaller locations.

And how is that working out? He is know asking the government to allow people from the EU to work in his shitty pubs, that wasn’t ab issue before BREXIT, Dim has shot himself in the foot

Not the brightest chap though is he?

Probally why he gets on with Alex so well."

I am sure Alex will listen to Dims concerns and find a solution , apparently what he said was ‘taken out of context’ after it was pointed out to him how thick it made him sound .

By *edbath 5Man  over a year ago

london

Yes. End of Free movement not overseas workers.

Yes. End of Free movement not overseas workers.

"

Dim didn’t know what he voted for, poor chap

Spain, Lancs

He isn't displaying and inconsistency at all. He campaigned for the UK, not Brussels, to set the UK's immigration rules.

Remaineed want Brussels to decide the UK's immigration policy.

Can they explain why?

"He isn't displaying and inconsistency at all. He campaigned for the UK, not Brussels, to set the UK's immigration rules.

Can they explain why?"

They don't like him because he campaigned for Brexit. It really is as simple as that

"He isn't displaying and inconsistency at all. He campaigned for the UK, not Brussels, to set the UK's immigration rules.

Can they explain why?"

Because Britain isnt doing a very good job ?

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-05-25/migrant-channel-crossings-rising-as-gangs-attracted-to-high-success-rate

Do keep up , there was a whole thread about this yesterday !

liverpool

Can they explain why?

They don't like him because he campaigned for Brexit. It really is as simple as that "

And because he Is a massive cunt tbf.

Spain, Lancs

Maybe Remainers didn't understand the issues in the referendum?

They didn't know what they were voting for?

liverpool

"Maybe Remainers didn't understand the issues in the referendum?

They didn't know what they were voting for?"

Looks up irony

Spain, Lancs

Looks up irony"

I was being polite. By the Remainer comments here it is perfectly clear that Remainers misunderstood the issue

liverpool

Looks up irony

I was being polite. By the Remainer comments here it is perfectly clear that Remainers misunderstood the issue"

How is that £350m a week for the NHS coming along?

Poor Dim Martin, before Brexit he was free to hire anyone from the EU, now he is having to rely on the government to ‘relax’ it’s immigration policy, obviously he didn’t know what he was voting for , poor fella

Can they explain why?

They don't like him because he campaigned for Brexit. It really is as simple as that

And because he Is a massive cunt tbf."

Good to see you still haven't changed your ways of speaking about people you don't know

liverpool

Can they explain why?

Good to see you still haven't changed your ways of speaking about people you don't know "

Superlols

Yep you can only have an opinion of someone unless you know them inside out.

Can they explain why?

Good to see you still haven't changed your ways of speaking about people you don't know

Superlols

"

Why would you have an opinion of someone you don't know?

Is your life that empty?

liverpool

Can they explain why?

Superlols

Is your life that empty?"

Oh dear

Once again with personal comments

Such a shame people have to resort to such petty insults.

Can they explain why?

Superlols

Is your life that empty?

Oh dear

Such a shame people have to resort to such petty insults."

Insults? I asked you a question. If you wanna feel insulted by a question then that's on you, I won't feel bad for it

liverpool

Can they explain why?

Superlols

Is your life that empty?

Oh dear

Such a shame people have to resort to such petty insults.

Insults? I asked you a question. If you wanna feel insulted by a question then that's on you, I won't feel bad for it "

I think I'll leave it there

Can they explain why?

Superlols

Is your life that empty?

Oh dear

Such a shame people have to resort to such petty insults."

Maybe they have ‘empty lives’

thornaby

He was asking for a loosening of EU migrant rules “on our terms” to help him staff his pubs. The thing is that like many Brexiters he doesn’t accept that this is a two way street and in the asymmetric relationship that we have with the EU, we can’t just call the shots and expect the EU to come to heel like a good doggy.

"

pmsl someone’s on the drink early

pmsl someone’s on the drink early "

Nah it was Just Milk on Cornflakes for brekkie

You do know Russia is in Europe dont you ?

Spain, Lancs

Can one of the Remainers explain the advantages of letting Brussels, rather than the UK, decide the UK's immigration policy?

"Can one of the Remainers explain the advantages of letting Brussels, rather than the UK, decide the UK's immigration policy?"

Immigration under the tory party is going up ?

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-05-25/migrant-channel-crossings-rising-as-gangs-attracted-to-high-success-rate

thornaby

"

yes and ?

"Can one of the Remainers explain the advantages of letting Brussels, rather than the UK, decide the UK's immigration policy?"

‘Brussels’ never decided the UKs immigration policy

thornaby

"

isn’t it also in Asia lol

"

"

Yes, most of it is in Asia, but the bit that isn't is nearly half of Europe!

Spain, Lancs

So the only 'explanation' that Remainers have as to why Brussels should set our immigration policy is that some immigrants under the current policy are gang members.

So they weren't before?

Risible how Remainers don't understand the issues

"So the only 'explanation' that Remainers have as to why Brussels should set our immigration policy is that some immigrants under the current policy are gang members.

So they weren't before?

Risible how Remainers don't understand the issues"

‘Brussels’ never ‘set out immigration policy’ it is worrying that you think that was the case

Spain, Lancs

Freedom of movement? Any of 465m could come to Britain. I am not aware of any more than a handful being banned. Are you?

Why shouldn't Britain decide who does, or does not, enter?

"Freedom of movement? Any of 465m could come to Britain. I am not aware of any more than a handful being banned. Are you?

"

I will just repeat what I said, Brussels never ‘set out immigration policy’ it is disturbing that you think that was the case

"Freedom of movement? Any of 465m could come to Britain. I am not aware of any more than a handful being banned. Are you?

"

So you acknowledge that "a handful were banned"? Therefore, agreeing that we always had control of our own borders?

It's just that we never exerted that control, that's not really the fault of Brussels, that's the fault of Whitehall.

Spain, Lancs

So you acknowledge that "a handful were banned"? Therefore, agreeing that we always had control of our own borders?

It's just that we never exerted that control, that's not really the fault of Brussels, that's the fault of Whitehall."

Tell me how many were banned?

I'll give you a clue ..was it more than a dozen? Out of 465m?

Why shouldn't Britain run its own immigration policy?

It's just that we never exerted that control, that's not really the fault of Brussels, that's the fault of Whitehall.

Tell me how many were banned?

I'll give you a clue ..was it more than a dozen? Out of 465m?

Why shouldn't Britain run its own immigration policy?"

It did, it does, it’s embarrassing that you think that ‘Brussels sets our immigration policy ‘ , you obviously spent to much time listening to the likes of Farage

Spain, Lancs

You are aware that 465m could come to Britain. Called freedom of movement. One of the pillars of the EU.

Why shouldn't Britain decide on numbers?

Tony Benn had it right. Our policies should be set by people we can sack . Why should policy be made by people (the EU) we can't sack?

"You are aware that 465m could come to Britain. Called freedom of movement. One of the pillars of the EU.

Tony Benn had it right. Our policies should be set by people we can sack . Why should policy be made by people (the EU) we can't sack?"

It is embarrassing that you think Brussels ‘used to set our immigration policy’

Spain, Lancs

They did.

The only people we could exclude were a tiny minority, mainly criminals.

Have you heard of the EU's freedom of movement.

It's alarming that you don't want Britain to restrict numbers. It's called democracy

"They did.

The only people we could exclude were a tiny minority, mainly criminals.

Have you heard of the EU's freedom of movement.

It's alarming that you don't want Britain to restrict numbers. It's called democracy"

Embarrassing

Spain, Lancs

In what way?

It's embarrassing that you are so hostile to democracy. Can you justify that position?

Can you also tell people how many people Britain could formerly ban?

"In what way?

It's embarrassing that you are so hostile to democracy. Can you justify that position?

Can you also tell people how many people Britain could formerly ban?"

This is getting tedious, I will just leave you with this , Brussels never ‘set our immigration policy ‘

Spain, Lancs

I've asked you to justify that statement. Yes, it's getting tiresome... because you never answer my points.

You can't

yes and ?"

And what ?

You thought calling someone an

Early drinker may have some sort

Of response to a comment i made on the thread im guessing .

Im not quite sure what else you are trying to bring to the discussion .

"

Yes, most of it is in Asia, but the bit that isn't is nearly half of Europe!"

Also has all the money & Power

thornaby

yes and ?

And what ?

You thought calling someone an

Early drinker may have some sort

Of response to a comment i made on the thread im guessing .

Im not quite sure what else you are trying to bring to the discussion .

"

you said yesterday you where sat in garden with a drink lol

"You are aware that 465m could come to Britain. Called freedom of movement. One of the pillars of the EU.

Tony Benn had it right. Our policies should be set by people we can sack . Why should policy be made by people (the EU) we can't sack?"

Sorry but that is a False statement you have made .

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_movement_for_workers_in_the_European_Union

1.Freedom of movement for workers shall be secured within the Community.

2.Such freedom of movement shall entail the abolition of any discrimination based on nationality between workers of the Member States as regards employment, remuneration and other conditions of work and employment.

So its only Freedom of movement for Workers .

Not 465 Million .

No worries Fella

Tony Benn had it right. Our policies should be set by people we can sack . Why should policy be made by people (the EU) we can't sack?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_movement_for_workers_in_the_European_Union

2.Such freedom of movement shall entail the abolition of any discrimination based on nationality between workers of the Member States as regards employment, remuneration and other conditions of work and employment.

Not 465 Million .

No worries Fella

"

I think that if you do not find work within 2-3 months you can be sent home. Funnily enough Belgium is pretty hot on this, we never were (we didn't even keep entry details).

Not 465 Million .

No worries Fella

I think that if you do not find work within 2-3 months you can be sent home. Funnily enough Belgium is pretty hot on this, we never were (we didn't even keep entry details)."

Like the Use of the words

We didnt even keep records .

So Britain & Not the EU .

Glad thats all cleared up .

Spain, Lancs

But you haven't cleared it up by any means.

How many non-workers weren't allowed in?

And whay is wrong with Britain making its own rules? This is about democracy itself

Glad to clear that up fella

liverpool

"But you haven't cleared it up by any means.

And whay is wrong with Britain making its own rules? This is about democracy itself

Glad to clear that up fella"

So before Brexit..we never made any laws?

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

So before Brexit..we never made any laws?"

Do you understand what freedom of movement meant ?

So before Brexit..we never made any laws?"

Not according to the Brexperts .

Im suprised that this place built an Empire

Not mzking any decisions or Laws

thornaby

Not mzking any decisions or Laws "

this place I take it your not from theses shores then ?

Not mzking any decisions or Laws this place I take it your not from theses shores then ?"

Belfast

Dual Nationality poppit

If i choose it .

thornaby

Not mzking any decisions or Laws this place I take it your not from theses shores then ?

Belfast

Dual Nationality poppit

If i choose it .

"

no I don’t think so buttercup

london

Looks up irony

I was being polite. By the Remainer comments here it is perfectly clear that Remainers misunderstood the issue

How is that £350m a week for the NHS coming along?"

Wouldn’t you love it to go to the NHS or some tunnel along the Greek coast.

liverpool

Looks up irony

Wouldn’t you love it to go to the NHS or some tunnel along the Greek coast. "

Ah so good news for the NHS.. what will it be spent on exactly?

Looks up irony

Wouldn’t you love it to go to the NHS or some tunnel along the Greek coast. "

Where in Greece is this tunnel that cost £350 million a week, it must be amazing

london

Looks up irony

Where in Greece is this tunnel that cost £350 million a week, it must be amazing "

Who said that

london

Looks up irony

Ah so good news for the NHS.. what will it be spent on exactly?"

What ever it chooses.

Looks up irony

Where in Greece is this tunnel that cost £350 million a week, it must be amazing

Who said that"

You mentioned a tunnel in Greece? Where is it ?

london

Looks up irony

Who said that

You mentioned a tunnel in Greece? Where is it ? "

Along the coast. E94

liverpool

Looks up irony

What ever it chooses. "

So..you dont know?

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

Bye.

"

This has just got quite amusing

london

Looks up irony

What ever it chooses.

So..you dont know?"

Oh dear.

[Removed by poster at 04/06/21 12:13:49]

Bye.

"

7 thumbs , wow

Looks up irony

Who said that

Along the coast. E94"

And they used money that was going to be spent on the NHS to build it? That is a bombshell

london

Looks up irony

Who said that

Along the coast. E94

And they used money that was going to be spent on the NHS to build it? That is a bombshell "

I asked the question what you would rather £350 million spent on.

Would you prefer it went on the NHS or European projects like a Greek tunnel for example. But I’m sure you know that.

Not mzking any decisions or Laws this place I take it your not from theses shores then ?

Belfast

Dual Nationality poppit

If i choose it .

no I don’t think so buttercup "

Now your posts arent even relevant to anything

Written . Not even remotely close .

Looks up irony

Who said that

Along the coast. E94

And they used money that was going to be spent on the NHS to build it? That is a bombshell

Would you prefer it went on the NHS or European projects like a Greek tunnel for example. But I’m sure you know that. "

So it was a hypothetical question, a bit like this one, would you rather the UK government spent £200 million on a shitty boat or on a new hospital ? Btw, I would rather the money was spent on the NHS rather than some mystery Greek tunnel

Looks up irony

Who said that

Along the coast. E94

Would you prefer it went on the NHS or European projects like a Greek tunnel for example. But I’m sure you know that. "

Why would Musturd trousers Fadge & co give

350 million to build a tunnel that has

already been built ?

Im not sure even he is that daft .

liverpool

In all seriousness..well done to the gmnt for putting that £350m a week towards that whopping pay rise and all those extra hospitals they promised to build.

40 wasnt it?

"In all seriousness..well done to the gmnt for putting that £350m a week towards that whopping pay rise and all those extra hospitals they promised to build.

40 wasnt it?"

15,000 extra nurses to

Do you think bodge knew about something

Happening ?

"In all seriousness..well done to the gmnt for putting that £350m a week towards that whopping pay rise and all those extra hospitals they promised to build.

40 wasnt it?"

At least they won’t be spending £18.2 billion a year on a Greek tunnel, apparently

liverpool

40 wasnt it?

At least they won’t be spending £18.2 billion a year on a Greek tunnel, apparently "

Fist pump

london

Looks up irony

Who said that

Along the coast. E94

Would you prefer it went on the NHS or European projects like a Greek tunnel for example. But I’m sure you know that.

So it was a hypothetical question, a bit like this one, would you rather the UK government spent £200 million on a shitty boat or on a new hospital ? Btw, I would rather the money was spent on the NHS rather than some mystery Greek tunnel "

How was it hypothetical. It was built with EU money. Part what we gave them.

So I will ask again. Would you prefer it went to British projects that we pick or some place in Europe that others pick

Don’t deflect. Straight yes or no question.

Saying that. We left so really it is hypothetical now.

By *rRightlyMan  over a year ago

Near Brexit dreamer

Looks up irony

Who said that

Along the coast. E94

So it was a hypothetical question, a bit like this one, would you rather the UK government spent £200 million on a shitty boat or on a new hospital ? Btw, I would rather the money was spent on the NHS rather than some mystery Greek tunnel

So I will ask again. Would you prefer it went to British projects that we pick or some place in Europe that others pick

Saying that. We left so really it is hypothetical now. "

Why do you think bigger countries pay into EU budget funding smaller countries? Just because of generosity? I mean you are a brexiteer, so I dont expect much logic from you, but even you can figure it out

Looks up irony

Who said that

Along the coast. E94

You obviously didn’t read my reply the

‘Btw, I would rather the money was spent on the NHS rather than some mystery Greek tunnel ‘

So tell me this, would you rather ‘we’ spent £200 million on a shitty boat or on the NHS ?

liverpool

Looks up irony

Who said that

Along the coast. E94

Is it relevant that money from the eu built many projects on this country?

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

Looks up irony

Who said that

Along the coast. E94

Is it relevant that money from the eu built many projects on this country?"

Where did that money come from in the first place ? Oh yes uk tax payers.

Looks up irony

Who said that

Along the coast. E94

Where did that money come from in the first place ? Oh yes uk tax payers."

And?

liverpool

Looks up irony

Who said that

Along the coast. E94

Where did that money come from in the first place ? Oh yes uk tax payers.

And? "

We can whinge about money spent by the eu in europe but we can also whinge about money spent here.

Perfectly logical.

North West

Looks up irony

Who said that

Along the coast. E94

Where did that money come from in the first place ? Oh yes uk tax payers."

I can’t believe we are still having this discussion.

Aside from cost sharing Agencies so that there was no need for duplications in Member States, a portion of EU fees did come back in the form of ESIF’s (European Structural Investment Funds). That is now gone and the argument is that the money should now just be distributed across the U.K. without passing through Brussels.

And this is exactly what is now happing with the United Kingdom Shared Prosperity Fund.

Unfortunately the total sun of this Fund is less than what Wales alone received annually from the EU in ESIF contributions and the new Fund is to cover England, Scotland, Wales and N Ireland.

As an aside to this, ESIF’s were appointed according to the wishes of the devolved Governments and according to Mark Drakeford on the radio yesterday, there will be no role for the devolved Governments in the selection of Projects that will be funded. A single Secretary of State responsible directly to Boris Johnson will choose how the money is spent.

So two things really:

1) Why is the Prosperity Fund considerably less in volume than what ESIF’s were?

2) is it a good thing or a bad thing that the devolved Governments have now been sidelined as a result of the loss of ESIF’s?

This one simple argument about getting to spend our own money instead of sending it to the EU demonstrates the principle of unintended consequences.

liverpool

It would be interesting to compare the figures that the eu invested into the uk through things like the objective one status and the money we get from Alex and his chums.

North West

"It would be interesting to compare the figures that the eu invested into the uk through things like the objective one status and the money we get from Alex and his chums."

On LBC yesterday Mark Drakeford said that the entire U.K. Shared Prosperity Fund is less than what Wales alone received annually in ESIF’s.

By *inkywife1981Couple  over a year ago

A town near you

I'm from the EU, and I think that free movement should be less free and more alighted to skill shortages in any given country.

Surely a country of 60m people has enough people to fill manual unskilled positions?

"I'm from the EU, and I think that free movement should be less free and more alighted to skill shortages in any given country.

Surely a country of 60m people has enough people to fill manual unskilled positions?"

Not for those sh*tty minimum wages !

"I'm from the EU, and I think that free movement should be less free and more alighted to skill shortages in any given country.

Surely a country of 60m people has enough people to fill manual unskilled positions?"

Ageing population

By *inkywife1981Couple  over a year ago

A town near you

Surely a country of 60m people has enough people to fill manual unskilled positions?

One way to force wages up would be to limit the number of unskilled workers coming from the EU, as long as there is a steady stream of unskilled people coming in willing to work for less them wages will always stay low

Not for those sh*tty minimum wages !"

Spain, Lancs

So the OP regards wanting to set immigration levels in the UK as moronic.

Have Remainers ever considered the role of their rancid, oft-racist abuse in encouraging people to back Brexit?

liverpool

"So the OP regards wanting to set immigration levels in the UK as moronic.

Have Remainers ever considered the role of their rancid, oft-racist abuse in encouraging people to back Brexit?

"

?

"

When did this happen ?

When did this happen ? "

It didn't .

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

He's said he wants points immigration which always would have included the EU anyway, just means taking only useful workers rather than other countries thugs and low lifes."

The UK had a points based immigration system in place, it was introduced in 2008.

By *nicecoupleXCouple  over a year ago

Hitch

You spun that so hard I'm suprused you didn't fall over lol

He didn't say that

By *renzMan  over a year ago

Between Chichester and Havant

When did this happen ?

It didn't .

"

It did.

I can remember talking to people after a discussion programme, possibly on the BBC although it might have been itv, where a certain Anna soubry sat there shouting her head off that anyone who voted to leave was a racist.

Several people I spoke to after that who said up until her rant they were truly undecided on which way to vote but listening to her pushed them into voting leave.

I know this will be ridiculed by some on here, but perfectly true.

liverpool

When did this happen ?

It didn't .

It did.

I can remember talking to people after a discussion programme, possibly on the BBC although it might have been itv, where a certain Anna soubry sat there shouting her head off that anyone who voted to leave was a racist.

Several people I spoke to after that who said up until her rant they were truly undecided on which way to vote but listening to her pushed them into voting leave.

I know this will be ridiculed by some on here, but perfectly true."

Tbf I just looked at the people in the leave campaign and that swayed me

When did this happen ?

It didn't .

It did.

Tbf I just looked at the people in the leave campaign and that swayed me"

So you voted on personality? Not really the best way to make an important decision, although I suppose many do.

liverpool

When did this happen ?

It didn't .

It did.

Tbf I just looked at the people in the leave campaign and that swayed me.

So you voted on personality? Not really the best way to make an important decision, although I suppose many do."

Sutely that's what those people did?

I find that if you do the opposite of what the likes of boris johnson,nigel farage,paul nuttall and the daily mail says,you cant go far wrong.

When did this happen ?

It didn't .

It did.

So you voted on personality? Not really the best way to make an important decision, although I suppose many do.

I find that if you do the opposite of what the likes of boris johnson,nigel farage,paul nuttall and the daily mail says,you cant go far wrong."

Voted on personality?

No, they didn't seem to like the fact of being told voting to leave was racist. I can't really speak for them as if already made my mind up based on experience.

But it seems you and others like you make important decisions that affect the country on personality.

Which I suppose would work, if you get it right.

liverpool

When did this happen ?

It didn't .

It did.

I find that if you do the opposite of what the likes of boris johnson,nigel farage,paul nuttall and the daily mail says,you cant go far wrong.

Voted on personality?

No, they didn't seem to like the fact of being told voting to leave was racist. I can't really speak for them as if already made my mind up based on experience.

But it seems you and others like you make important decisions that affect the country on personality.

Which I suppose would work, if you get it right."

So I'm presuming they voted in protest at being called racists..by voting in line with racists..that seems logical?

When did this happen ?

It didn't .

It did.

Voted on personality?

So I'm presuming they voted in protest at being called racists..by voting in line with racists..that seems logical?"

So you agree with Anna soubry then?

liverpool

When did this happen ?

It didn't .

It did.

Voted on personality?

So I'm presuming they voted in protest at being called racists..by voting in line with racists..that seems logical?

So you agree with Anna soubry then? "

Well did I say everyone who voted for Brexit was a racist?

When did this happen ?

It didn't .

It did.

Voted on personality?

Well did I say everyone who voted for Brexit was a racist?"

It does rather seem that way, yes.

Explains a lot.

Not worth discussing anymore.

liverpool

When did this happen ?

It didn't .

It did.

Voted on personality?

Well did I say everyone who voted for Brexit was a racist?

It does rather seem that way, yes.

Explains a lot.

Not worth discussing anymore."

Ha ha

Well obvs as I said nothing of the sort

I said it was a bit weird that you would protest at being called a racist..by voting in the same way that the likes of nuttall and farage stood for.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

When did this happen ?

It didn't .

It did.

So you voted on personality? Not really the best way to make an important decision, although I suppose many do."

You could always flip a coin, when deciding important issues.

» Add a new message to this topic