FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Hancock's lies

Hancock's lies

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *sussexy OP   Man  over a year ago

Lewes

How can he say, with a straight face, that an earlier lockdown last spring would have been against the scientific consensus?

What about the open letter of 14th March signed by 229 scientists saying that the herd immunity policy (which the govt at the time said was a misunderstanding) would lead to far more loss of life than necessary, and recommending stronger "social distancing measures"

I would have thought that would have been a big enough number to if not form a consensus, at least prevent the opposing view from being held as the consensus.

But as Solzhenitsyn said:

"We know they are lying.

They know they are lying,

They know we know they are lying.

We know that they know that we know they are lying.

And still they continue to lie."

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

How many times did he say..I have no recollection of that?

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"How can he say, with a straight face, that an earlier lockdown last spring would have been against the scientific consensus?

What about the open letter of 14th March signed by 229 scientists saying that the herd immunity policy (which the govt at the time said was a misunderstanding) would lead to far more loss of life than necessary, and recommending stronger "social distancing measures"

I would have thought that would have been a big enough number to if not form a consensus, at least prevent the opposing view from being held as the consensus.

"We know they are lying.

"

How many of those 229 were on the sage committee?

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"How can he say, with a straight face, that an earlier lockdown last spring would have been against the scientific consensus?

"We know they are lying.

"

They are setting out their stall to blame the scientists in the upcoming enquiry.

“I knew the scientists were wrong and I deeply regret not over-ruling them.”

I just hope that Cummings has actually got the hard evidence that he said that he had. It appears from today’s feedback that he has not presented anything to support his allegations.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

He will wait for Johnson to speak first

Then he will bring the evidence .

If he has it

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

Yep Hancock .....cocked up.

Rather than let science rule the day , he was thinking budgetary. He thought as well, the elderly and vulnerable were expendable.

It`s all coming to light now.

Lewes

"How many times did he say..I have no recollection of that?"

...and if he is allowed to get away with that now, 15 months on - imagine how poor everyone's memory will be when the enquiry starts.

Was there a pandemic? Oh well... but look how well Brexit is going... no?

Um. Football? Eurovision? Is there a small archipelago somewhere we can storm?

Lewes

"He will wait for Johnson to speak first

If he has it "

Who knows what game he is playing, or who is threatening him and how.

I would love him to bring down the government, but even if he did I would still think he was a slimy, self-serving little turd.

By *0shadesOfFilthMan  over a year ago

nearby

Same people that said £350 million a week was coming from brexit. Instead we get a public sector pay freeze.

I missed his performance, any holes in his explanations?

liverpool

"I missed his performance, any holes in his explanations? "

It was a car crash..he was fact checked and found wanting in the 1st 10 minutes and he just kept on saying I have no recollection of that,when asked an awkward question.

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

"I missed his performance, any holes in his explanations? "

No support for Care homes, the elderly and vulnerable, lack of ppe for hospital and care home staff, testing, and not listening to the science, more holes than a fishing net.

" It was a car crash..he was fact checked and found wanting in the 1st 10 minutes and he just kept on saying I have no recollection of that,when asked an awkward question.

No support for Care homes, the elderly and vulnerable, lack of ppe for hospital and care home staff, testing, and not listening to the science, more holes than a fishing net. "

I thought he'd struggle regarding care homes, especially after interviews by care home managers.

Hancock is a bastard, but that's the trait of cabinet members

"He will wait for Johnson to speak first

If he has it

Who knows what game he is playing, or who is threatening him and how.

I would love him to bring down the government, but even if he did I would still think he was a slimy, self-serving little turd."

Agreed,

I wouldnt be able to stop laughing at Bodge & Co

Leaving downing street .

I couldn't even be bothered to watch this one. He was obviously going to lie to cover his ass.

Hancock and his sort keep lying. The record of things they said and did in the past proves they lied. We all know they lied. And then... nothing happens.

Until Hancock, Johnson, Gove etc face some sort of meaningful punishment for their lies, they won't change. Why should they when lying has worked out so well for them so far?

Resignation/sacking would be nice. Jail would be even better. I doubt either will happen.

Lewes

"

How many of those 229 were on the sage committee? "

Don't know, because at the time we didn't know who was on Sage. We found out later that Cummings was. And his mate who got the contract for the (discontinued) app.

liverpool

"I couldn't even be bothered to watch this one. He was obviously going to lie to cover his ass.

Hancock and his sort keep lying. The record of things they said and did in the past proves they lied. We all know they lied. And then... nothing happens.

Until Hancock, Johnson, Gove etc face some sort of meaningful punishment for their lies, they won't change. Why should they when lying has worked out so well for them so far?

"

Agreed.

Pmq is just a farce.

Johnson is asked a question and just waffles absolute bullshit and that waste of space speaker let's him get away with it week after week.

Democracy in action.

liverpool

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/fact-check-hancocks-claims-on-lockdown-timing-asymptomatic-transmission-and-ppe-12329523

By *uliaChrisCouple  over a year ago

westerham

"Same people that said £350 million a week was coming from brexit. Instead we get a public sector pay freeze. "

Completely accurate that

"I couldn't even be bothered to watch this one. He was obviously going to lie to cover his ass.

"

"https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/fact-check-hancocks-claims-on-lockdown-timing-asymptomatic-transmission-and-ppe-12329523"

Thanks Lionel, predictable attitude from hancock.

liverpool

"https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/fact-check-hancocks-claims-on-lockdown-timing-asymptomatic-transmission-and-ppe-12329523

Thanks Lionel, predictable attitude from hancock. "

He also lied about no countries having a full lockdown and border controls and the rest he just failed to answer.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"

How many of those 229 were on the sage committee?

Don't know, because at the time we didn't know who was on Sage. We found out later that Cummings was. And his mate who got the contract for the (discontinued) app."

Dominic Cummings was never a member of SAGE.

bournemouth

"https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/fact-check-hancocks-claims-on-lockdown-timing-asymptomatic-transmission-and-ppe-12329523

He also lied about no countries having a full lockdown and border controls and the rest he just failed to answer."

Define "full" lockdown

[Removed by poster at 11/06/21 15:39:52]

He also lied about no countries having a full lockdown and border controls and the rest he just failed to answer.

Define "full" lockdown"

Vietnam sprung to mind..

"

This success has been attributed to several key factors, including a well-developed public health system, a decisive central government, and a proactive containment strategy based on comprehensive testing, tracing, and quarantining."

Full and better run lockdown, better than the UK system..

Half arsed track n trace, allowing flights in droves from infected countries, Matt Hancock's antics and the continuing failure to learn from mistakes

Lewes

"

Dominic Cummings was never a member of SAGE. "

He attended meetings and, according to some of the bona fide scientists who were on SAGE, influenced the course of the meetings. Maybe that isn't being a member, but is undermining those that were.

bournemouth

Define "full" lockdown

Vietnam sprung to mind..

"

This success has been attributed to several key factors, including a well-developed public health system, a decisive central government, and a proactive containment strategy based on comprehensive testing, tracing, and quarantining."

Full and better run lockdown, better than the UK system..

Half arsed track n trace, allowing flights in droves from infected countries, Matt Hancock's antics and the continuing failure to learn from mistakes

"

So no large western countries that have a similar demographic as the uk. It's pretty funny watching people call for a full lockdown, there was very few areas that could have been tighter here in reality.

Lots claim we should have stopped travel but once it had arrived late jan it was too late, certainly after march who was coming here except returning uk citizens, nothing was open so certainly no tourists. Other european countries were the same, we were in France from mid jan to two after they shut down, from our apartment we could look down on the main motorway from the mont blanc tunnel through to france and channel traffic numbers were normal and they were letting people in as normal, no checks no tests, we only came home as the resort shut down but others stayed and there was no restrictions on others coming to their homes.

Up to the day after french lockdown there was no restrictions at all except the recommendation to wash hands and no hand shaking etc, as usual the french ignored it,

bournemouth

"

Dominic Cummings was never a member of SAGE.

He attended meetings and, according to some of the bona fide scientists who were on SAGE, influenced the course of the meetings. Maybe that isn't being a member, but is undermining those that were."

So he wasnt a member then.

liverpool

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/57427777.amp

There is a full list of the times he was caught out here.

He also seems to suffering from some sort of memory lapse as she seems to have no recollection of many important events.

liverpool

The ppe is the most astonishing when there was ample evidence of nurses wearing bin bags etc.

bournemouth

"The ppe is the most astonishing when there was ample evidence of nurses wearing bin bags etc."

Certainly plenty of anecdotal evidence but K works for the nhs and at no point was short of gloves masks or aprons. They did however reduce the amounts of face to face visits which obviously helped.

"The ppe is the most astonishing when there was ample evidence of nurses wearing bin bags etc.

Certainly plenty of anecdotal evidence but K works for the nhs and at no point was short of gloves masks or aprons. They did however reduce the amounts of face to face visits which obviously helped.

"

K and colleagues may have but the nhs picture as a whole and depending what department etc k worked on etc.. perhaps?

Cutting visits would help as you say

Lewes

"

So he wasnt a member then."

Not really sure how whether he was a member or just a thorn in their side actually has anything to do with the open letter from 229 scientists. Please reigm in your whataboutism.

Lewes

"Certainly plenty of anecdotal evidence but K works for the nhs and at no point was short of gloves masks or aprons.

"

Bit of a logic problem here. You seem to be saying that if there exists a care setting with adequate PPE then there did not exist a care setting without PPE.

So if every other part of the NHS had literally no PPE, and you could point to a single care setting that did have adequate, you would claim there was not a shortage of PPE?

The evidence of lack of PPE is not anecdotal, it is all over Twitter with people retweeting from last March.

Your story about one care setting, is anecdotal and irrelevant.

There is no doubt whatsoever that there were PPE shortages, and that the country wasted many millions sourcing (often inadequate) PPE at short notice, when an exercise a few years before had clearly shown the need to have more stock.

bournemouth

"

So he wasnt a member then.

Not really sure how whether he was a member or just a thorn in their side actually has anything to do with the open letter from 229 scientists. Please reigm in your whataboutism."

I'm do very sorry to ask if he was a member, which he wasnt, which we already knew, the relevant fact is if any if the 229 were members if not then they didnt have access to all the info did they. Just as I said the area K works in had no issue with ppe supply but plenty of claims that many areas did, strangely enough many countries had the same issue, indeed several eu countries banned exports even to other eu countries. As for whether we should have larger reserves of ppe, yes in hindsight we should have and while the exercise did recommended it in real life governments have to make decisions on what to spend money on. What else should we have reserves of food, fuel, medicines, gas masks, iron, steel, bombs, bullets, soldiers ? Just imagine the costs involved, back in the 80's there was uproar about food mountains, in fact they were pretty small but had we had a failed harvest imagine the hindsight saying we should have kept them.

Lots of lives would have been saved in hindsight over many decades.

If you actually check independent facts and not media claims etc, you will find most countries have handled the pandemic in very similar ways

liverpool

He told a tissue of lors to cover his incompetence..which have been proven to be false..rather than holding his hands up to say mistakes were made, in true Tory fashion he is only interested in saving his ahem'reputation '

The most surprising thing is only 1 poster seems to be defending it.

bournemouth

"He told a tissue of lors to cover his incompetence..which have been proven to be false..rather than holding his hands up to say mistakes were made, in true Tory fashion he is only interested in saving his ahem'reputation '

The most surprising thing is only 1 poster seems to be defending it."

If you google it Hancock has said several times mistakes were made, oops not so funny when YOU get fact checked for a load of lies is it.

By *isty24Woman  over a year ago

Leicester

"Resignation/sacking would be nice. Jail would be even better. I doubt either will happen."
yes it would

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

" It was a car crash..he was fact checked and found wanting in the 1st 10 minutes and he just kept on saying I have no recollection of that,when asked an awkward question.

No support for Care homes, the elderly and vulnerable, lack of ppe for hospital and care home staff, testing, and not listening to the science, more holes than a fishing net.

I thought he'd struggle regarding care homes, especially after interviews by care home managers.

Hancock is a bastard, but that's the trait of cabinet members "

I’ve said it many times, anyone who wants to be in government should be automatically disqualified from every being in government!!

Lewes

"

if the 229 were members if not then they didnt have access to all the info did they.

"

It is the nature of science that it operates on incomplete info. If info was complete then science would be "done". What we are discussing here (or at least trying to, but you keep introducing irrelevant whataboutisms) is whether Hancock was right to say that the scientific consensus was that a lockdown was not the correct response. This is a clear lie, and you trying to introduce tangential questions does not change that.

"Just as I said the area K works in had no issue with ppe supply but plenty of claims that many areas did, strangely enough many countries had the same issue, indeed several eu countries banned exports even to other eu countries. As for whether we should have larger reserves of ppe, yes in hindsight we should have and while the exercise did recommended it in real life governments have to make decisions on what to spend money on. What else should we have reserves of food, fuel, medicines, gas masks, iron, steel, bombs, bullets, soldiers ? Just imagine the costs involved, back in the 80's there was uproar about food mountains, in fact they were pretty small but had we had a failed harvest imagine the hindsight saying we should have kept them. "

I have no idea what point you are trying to make and I'm sure you don't either. The fact is that we knew a pandemic would come along at some point, it was overdue, we had an exercise, recognised our weaknesses and did...fuck all. Because Brexit.

"If you actually check independent facts and not media claims etc, you will find most countries have handled the pandemic in very similar ways"

This beggars belief. There were as many different responses as there were countries. But ours was amongst the worst, and amongst islands, was the worst (and continues to be, with border controls still chaotic, contact tracing and testing still not implemented etc etc). In addition to killing many tens of thousands of people, we have inflicted a far greater economic toll than any other G7 country.

Lewes

"If you google it Hancock has said several times mistakes were made, oops not so funny when YOU get fact checked for a load of lies is it.

"

Hmmm. The only references I can find to Hancock admitting mistakes relate to the scientific knowledge having (inevitably) been in a state of flux, not to the government being wildly out of step with the rest of the world, locking down late against scientific advice (three times), killing tens of thousands of people and trashing our economy. Even on letting Delta in he is still defending the indefensible. It was obvious to anyone who had access to a news channel what was going on.

You may think it is OK that the incompetence of our government is making it impossible for responsible people on here to indulge in their hobby, but I do not.

bournemouth

"

if the 229 were members if not then they didnt have access to all the info did they.

It is the nature of science that it operates on incomplete info. If info was complete then science would be "done". What we are discussing here (or at least trying to, but you keep introducing irrelevant whataboutisms) is whether Hancock was right to say that the scientific consensus was that a lockdown was not the correct response. This is a clear lie, and you trying to introduce tangential questions does not change that.

Just as I said the area K works in had no issue with ppe supply but plenty of claims that many areas did, strangely enough many countries had the same issue, indeed several eu countries banned exports even to other eu countries. As for whether we should have larger reserves of ppe, yes in hindsight we should have and while the exercise did recommended it in real life governments have to make decisions on what to spend money on. What else should we have reserves of food, fuel, medicines, gas masks, iron, steel, bombs, bullets, soldiers ? Just imagine the costs involved, back in the 80's there was uproar about food mountains, in fact they were pretty small but had we had a failed harvest imagine the hindsight saying we should have kept them.

I have no idea what point you are trying to make and I'm sure you don't either. The fact is that we knew a pandemic would come along at some point, it was overdue, we had an exercise, recognised our weaknesses and did...fuck all. Because Brexit.

If you actually check independent facts and not media claims etc, you will find most countries have handled the pandemic in very similar ways

This beggars belief. There were as many different responses as there were countries. But ours was amongst the worst, and amongst islands, was the worst (and continues to be, with border controls still chaotic, contact tracing and testing still not implemented etc etc). In addition to killing many tens of thousands of people, we have inflicted a far greater economic toll than any other G7 country."

I have spent the last 20 minutes going through some stats.

it makes very interesting reading with regards to how countries reacted and how they are actually doing now .

country.istcase ist death to

to lockdown lockdown

uk 51 18

austria 21 4

belgium 43 8

france 53 40

germany 54 13

italy 38 17

country max in

intensive care with covid

april 2020 ever now

uk 3180 3970 147

austria 215 672 140

belgium 1270 1377 371

france 6586 6586 2689

germany 3974 3974 892

italy no info found yet.

to me this shows most countries responding in a pretty similar way and perhaps is a more accurate way of judging than deaths as we know different countries report in different ways but the above figures are simple.

liverpool

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/health/hancock-covid-nhs-intensive-care-b1864067.html%3famp

Yet another one.

Did he actually say anything that was true?

Hancock is such a d*ck .

Literally its part of his name!

bournemouth

"Hancock is such a d*ck .

Literally its part of his name!"

That adds such a huge amount to the debate

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

even armed with forsight they still did the opposite of what was required, especially by not controlling the country's borders after spending the previous 4 years demanding that the borders be brought under their control. the weakest government in history.

By *mateur100Man  over a year ago

nr faversham

"even armed with forsight they still did the opposite of what was required, especially by not controlling the country's borders after spending the previous 4 years demanding that the borders be brought under their control. the weakest government in history."

What exactly do you mean by controlling the country's borders? No-one can enter other than UK nationals in the same way as NZ?

bournemouth

"even armed with forsight they still did the opposite of what was required, especially by not controlling the country's borders after spending the previous 4 years demanding that the borders be brought under their control. the weakest government in history."

So you ignore the facts I posted that showed most countries were similar, theborder issue is debatable, there were hundreds of thousands of brits abroad at the beginning are you suggesting they should have been told to keep out ? There wasnt the testing capacity to test them all, and with the indian variant it was ound to have been here before it was identified, once a variant arrives it spreads if it is just one person it will be slow and take forever to spread but you can never stop it it, the aim is to allow health services to cope also if people abide by the rules then you slow the spread, if anyone thinks you can keep a variant out they are sadly mistaken

That adds such a huge amount to the debate "

I thought it was

Wonderfully descriptive

bournemouth

That adds such a huge amount to the debate

I thought it was

Wonderfully descriptive

"

Going with that theme perhaps he and Dom Cummings could be found in the dungeon at a club

Lewes

"So you ignore the facts I posted that showed most countries were similar"

Forgiveable I think, given that your "table" was laid out in such a way that nobody would have been able to make head or tail of it.

"if anyone thinks you can keep a variant out they are sadly mistaken"

Jacinda Ardern seems to be doing pretty well - is she mistaken? Or is your argument incorrect?

liverpool

"So you ignore the facts I posted that showed most countries were similar

Forgiveable I think, given that your "table" was laid out in such a way that nobody would have been able to make head or tail of it.

if anyone thinks you can keep a variant out they are sadly mistaken

Jacinda Ardern seems to be doing pretty well - is she mistaken? Or is your argument incorrect?"

People will go to any lengths to argue that the handling of it,hasn't been borderline criminal.

Fuck knows where we would be,if the vaccine hadn't have come along when it did.

bournemouth

Jacinda Ardern seems to be doing pretty well - is she mistaken? Or is your argument incorrect?"

It didnt transfer that well from the lap top to the phone version, but I'm sure if you wanted to understand it you could.As for NZ how many of their citizens have been abroad? Heathrow iirc has four times the number of passengers in a year than the whole of NZ, they comparing us to say the states or an european country not one thousands of miles away that is utterly different,also the people who do come back in observe the rules,many here dont last time I looked both NZ and Oz are having trouble getting people to get jabbed, at some point they will open up and then there could be problems, japan dealt with the initial cases wellbutrin have had a surge lately too.

bournemouth

Jacinda Ardern seems to be doing pretty well - is she mistaken? Or is your argument incorrect?

People will go to any lengths to argue that the handling of it,hasn't been borderline criminal.

Fuck knows where we would be,if the vaccine hadn't have come along when it did."

Now I know you have difficulty understanding facts, but if you look up those countries in europe and when the first case was recorded, when the first deaths were recorded and days from those to lockdown,there is a huge difference, look at the numbers in ITU units in April 2020, the peak numbers and current numbers, see how we compare, also total number of cases, tests etc, while we are from from perfect to class our response as criminal is wrong. First once look things up and read facts instead of making it up.

It didnt transfer that well from the lap top to the phone version, but I'm sure if you wanted to understand it you could.As for NZ how many of their citizens have been abroad? Heathrow iirc has four times the number of passengers in a year than the whole of NZ, they comparing us to say the states or an european country not one thousands of miles away that is utterly different,also the people who do come back in observe the rules,many here dont last time I looked both NZ and Oz are having trouble getting people to get jabbed, at some point they will open up and then there could be problems, japan dealt with the initial cases wellbutrin have had a surge lately too."

They are not having trouble getting people Jabbed

Those who are offered it snap it up .

Its just richer countries are etting vaccines 1st

bournemouth

It didnt transfer that well from the lap top to the phone version, but I'm sure if you wanted to understand it you could.As for NZ how many of their citizens have been abroad? Heathrow iirc has four times the number of passengers in a year than the whole of NZ, they comparing us to say the states or an european country not one thousands of miles away that is utterly different,also the people who do come back in observe the rules,many here dont last time I looked both NZ and Oz are having trouble getting people to get jabbed, at some point they will open up and then there could be problems, japan dealt with the initial cases wellbutrin have had a surge lately too.

"

So Oz And NZ arent rich countries ?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/may/25/being-open-about-why-australias-vaccination-take-up-is-low-is-the-first-step-to-improve-it

The key words are "uptake is low"

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/may/25/being-open-about-why-australias-vaccination-take-up-is-low-is-the-first-step-to-improve-it

The key words are "uptake is low""

Australia

The 13th richest country by gdp

Behind giants like India Canada & South Korea

New Zealand the 50th richest country by gdp

Behindthe likes of Poland Argentina Thailand Hong Kong

Ireland Pakistan Chile Vietnam .

Dont be posting Newspaper articles to me about New Zealand

When i have my Niece living on the South Island who hasnt

Had a vaccine but her partner has

Or my cousin on the North Island who has had a vaccine

But her Husband who hasnt .

Australia

"

Did you read the article because it's not about NZ

And you need to use adjusted GDP

Australia are above us and NZ only just below

Australia

Australia are above us and NZ only just below "

Ive read the article when it was published .

I dont need to use any adjusted gdp

Ta very much for your uncalled for intervention .

Australia

"

Uncalled for or not. This is a public forum and I have as much 'right' as yourself to post here

You clearly haven't read that article if you think it's about NZ.

Continue to use whatever figures you like but it doesn't show you the real picture

Australia

Uncalled for or not. This is a public forum and I have as much 'right' as yourself to post here

Continue to use whatever figures you like but it doesn't show you the real picture "

The article was posted for whatever reason

(I dont know why) , into a conversation about the

lack of uptake in vaccines in Australia or New Zealand

Specifically due to the mention of Jacinda Ardem .

Maybe it was a sneaky way to deflect the

conversation away from an absolute arse slapping

Who knows .

Still you keep thinking i havent read the article .

Australia

Continue to use whatever figures you like but it doesn't show you the real picture

Who knows .

"

The article was posted as an article that possibly explains why uptake has been slow in Australia. Not due to the mention of Ardem. It was quite a while after her mention.

Still, you keep hating the UK whilst living in the very place

Try to be a little more upbeat, I promise it will enhance your outlook

Lewes

"As for NZ how many of their citizens have been abroad? Heathrow iirc has four times the number of passengers in a year than the whole of NZ, they comparing us to say the states or an european country not one thousands of miles away that is utterly different,also the people who do come back in observe the rules,many here dont last time I looked both NZ and Oz are having trouble getting people to get jabbed, at some point they will open up and then there could be problems, japan dealt with the initial cases wellbutrin have had a surge lately too."

So your main point here seems to be that comparisons are only valid with countries who are doing worse (or not that much better) than us? The virus works differently in the southern hemisphere?

I suspect your figures about Heathrow pre-date the pandemic. I think it would be more than 4 times NZ traffic now. Because NZ have effectively closed their borders. That is why they have not introduced all the variants. Not because of some weird coreolis effect. And they didn't even trash their economy for all time to give themselves the right to do so.

You seem be ignorant of the fact that when you say about NZ "how many of their citizens have been abroad?" you are describing one of the reasons they have been effective. Lots of their citizens want to travel, but they were not allowed to do so, and now they are opening up to Oz and the South Pacific (poor buggers, eh?). If people live on an island and that island is kept apart from the rest of world, it is really easy. If only we had the enormous advantage of living on an island huh?

And your observation that some people stick to the rules in other countries... could that possibly be influenced by the people in charge of those countries being good, clear communicators? It is not for nothing that Boris' "go out" "don't go out" spawned a thousand piss takes on social media. And even Cummings seemed to admit that his disgraceful behaviour had a massive negative impact on compliance.

Please admit it has been a monumental fuck-up from the start, with every lock down called late, most releases called early, no attempt to control borders, a track and trace system which has given literally no benefit (except to the share holders of Serco et al), and some of the least effective communication imaginable.

I sincerely hope that one day some of the cabinet will be behind bars for this - they deserve to be. Maybe an ex advisor should join them.

Australia

Who knows .

The article was posted as an article that possibly explains why uptake has been slow in Australia. Not due to the mention of Ardem. It was quite a while after her mention.

Try to be a little more upbeat, I promise it will enhance your outlook "

What are you jabbering on about ?

Ardem was mentioned & the post continued with

The lack of vaccine uptake in Aus & NZ

I responded its being snapped up by those who are offered it

Then there was mention of rich or not rich

Then the article about charitable aussies .

I replied about family there

As for me Hating the UK , please stop making me laugh

So hard , your ability to miss any Semblance of intellectual baiting shows why humour like mine is needed here .

As I pay taxes here i'll live where the f*ck i like

Thank you very much .

Unless of course you are personally

Offering to escort me out ?

Good luck with that cobber as they say down in Oz

Australia

Who knows .

So hard , your ability to miss any Semblance of intellectual baiting shows why humour like mine is needed here .

Thank you very much .

"

But it isn't being snapped up by those who are offered it, hence the article. You have read the article so you should know this.

There was mention of rich countries getting vaccines first when in fact Australia are wealthier than us and NZ only just below us.

If you can read all of this, still not understand and then call my I tellect into question then I'm not sure I can help you

bournemouth

Australia

"

O perhaps you should have read the article before commenting, just for your info it was about Oz, and total gdp is not the way to judge how rich a country is its per capita, and by that measure both Oz and Ireland are above us yet we have done far more vaccines.

Courtesy and manners arent hard to do, it makes discussions much nicer,

Australia

Who knows .

Thank you very much .

But it isn't being snapped up by those who are offered it, hence the article. You have read the article so you should know this.

There was mention of rich countries getting vaccines first when in fact Australia are wealthier than us and NZ only just below us.

If you can read all of this, still not understand and then call my I tellect into question then I'm not sure I can help you

"

Uk is the 5th richest nation by gdp

Australia 1eth by gdp

New Zealand 50th .

Again you are arguing a point made by 1 story

Written in a newspaper article

Where 8 have 2 people with numerous friend groups

who some have been offered & some havent .

Just to finish the conversation

YOU will never be ABLE to HELP ME .

You just dont have that ability

Australia

Who knows .

Thank you very much .

Australia 1eth by gdp

New Zealand 50th .

"

GDP is a measure of income, not wealth.

You are correct in me not having the ability to help you though. I just can't put it in the simple terms you clearly require.

Australia

O perhaps you should have read the article before commenting, just for your info it was about Oz, and total gdp is not the way to judge how rich a country is its per capita, and by that measure both Oz and Ireland are above us yet we have done far more vaccines.

Courtesy and manners arent hard to do, it makes discussions much nicer, "

Forget per capita .

Brexit we were told about the

Tth biggest Economy in the world

Niw you are trying to tell us

Ireland are richer & NZ are nearly as Rich .

As was stated in a previous post

You cobbled together some random numbers

that mean absolutely NOTHING .

Good effort , but alas

A waste of your time

Australia

Who knows .

Thank you very much .

Australia 1eth by gdp

New Zealand 50th .

You are correct in me not having the ability to help you though. I just can't put it in the simple terms you clearly require."

I though it was the fact you were putting in the SIMPLEST of terms i was having trouble understanding it .

Now you've explained yourself

I can see that there I was expecting a

lot more from you .

My Bad !

You still giving me a lift to the Airport ?

Australia

Who knows .

Thank you very much .

Australia 1eth by gdp

New Zealand 50th .

You are correct in me not having the ability to help you though. I just can't put it in the simple terms you clearly require.

I though it was the fact you were putting in the SIMPLEST of terms i was having trouble understanding it .

lot more from you .

My Bad !

"

Airport? What you banging on about?

I never said you should leave. I said you should be more upbeat. Am I really having to repeat myself?

Australia

Who knows .

Thank you very much .

Australia 1eth by gdp

New Zealand 50th .

lot more from you .

My Bad !

Airport? What you banging on about?

I never said you should leave. I said you should be more upbeat. Am I really having to repeat myself?

"

Upbeat

You dont seem able to climb high enough

to reach my upbeat .

I never heard the need to be upbeat

When Old Mustard trousers was spewing his

Bile about immigrants.

Still i suppose that was just part of his

Cuddly charm for some of his lemmings

He also lied about no countries having a full lockdown and border controls and the rest he just failed to answer."

Back to Hancock

Why would we expect him to answer ?

The electorate who gave him & his lot

There Vote , shouod be held as responsible

As those perpetrating the Lies !

bournemouth

Back to Hancock

As those perpetrating the Lies !"

Can I have some of whatever it is you're on? It obviously is some good stuff, is the come down rough though ?

Back to Hancock

Can I have some of whatever it is you're on? It obviously is some good stuff, is the come down rough though ? "

Again those who lose arguments

Tend to throw the 1st Insults

Drugs or Alcohol abuse .

Just to show that they really dont

Have the Intellect to compete with

Somebody who is Rincing them .

How very typical

bournemouth

Back to Hancock

Can I have some of whatever it is you're on? It obviously is some good stuff, is the come down rough though ?

Drugs or Alcohol abuse .

How very typical

"

Just check back through this thread you will find the person who first started being rude by looking in your mirror.

Back to Hancock

Drugs or Alcohol abuse .

How very typical

"

Unfortunately the ‘crew’ are back resorting to insults, I was hoping we had seen the last of it, sad times

Back to Hancock

Drugs or Alcohol abuse .

How very typical

Unfortunately the ‘crew’ are back resorting to insults, I was hoping we had seen the last of it, sad times "

As if anyone on the opposite 'crew' has never reported to an insult

Back to Hancock

Drugs or Alcohol abuse .

How very typical

Just check back through this thread you will find the person who first started being rude by looking in your mirror."

" Just check the independent blah blah blah &

Not some media source "

I think we all know where the insult came from .

The arrogance that comes with someone who

has a relative in a position of " A LITTLE KNOWLEDGE "

( a dangerous thing ),

because of the JOB !.

The Condescending attitude that others dont know what

Is or isnt & the ASSUMPTION that nobody else may

Have their own sources of information & only gathers

Info from the MEDIA , is the biggest marker

of a bullsh*tter ever known .

bournemouth

Do you do translations ?

liverpool

"As for NZ how many of their citizens have been abroad? Heathrow iirc has four times the number of passengers in a year than the whole of NZ, they comparing us to say the states or an european country not one thousands of miles away that is utterly different,also the people who do come back in observe the rules,many here dont last time I looked both NZ and Oz are having trouble getting people to get jabbed, at some point they will open up and then there could be problems, japan dealt with the initial cases wellbutrin have had a surge lately too.

So your main point here seems to be that comparisons are only valid with countries who are doing worse (or not that much better) than us? The virus works differently in the southern hemisphere?

I suspect your figures about Heathrow pre-date the pandemic. I think it would be more than 4 times NZ traffic now. Because NZ have effectively closed their borders. That is why they have not introduced all the variants. Not because of some weird coreolis effect. And they didn't even trash their economy for all time to give themselves the right to do so.

You seem be ignorant of the fact that when you say about NZ "how many of their citizens have been abroad?" you are describing one of the reasons they have been effective. Lots of their citizens want to travel, but they were not allowed to do so, and now they are opening up to Oz and the South Pacific (poor buggers, eh?). If people live on an island and that island is kept apart from the rest of world, it is really easy. If only we had the enormous advantage of living on an island huh?

And your observation that some people stick to the rules in other countries... could that possibly be influenced by the people in charge of those countries being good, clear communicators? It is not for nothing that Boris' "go out" "don't go out" spawned a thousand piss takes on social media. And even Cummings seemed to admit that his disgraceful behaviour had a massive negative impact on compliance.

Please admit it has been a monumental fuck-up from the start, with every lock down called late, most releases called early, no attempt to control borders, a track and trace system which has given literally no benefit (except to the share holders of Serco et al), and some of the least effective communication imaginable.

I sincerely hope that one day some of the cabinet will be behind bars for this - they deserve to be. Maybe an ex advisor should join them."

Tbf that's what the gmnt did from day 1..it was only when the car crash became evident did you start hearing the party line.. well they measure it differently from us.

It will be a cold day in hell when any of that lot..or their legion of apologists.. will admit they bare an of responsibility

"As for NZ how many of their citizens have been abroad? Heathrow iirc has four times the number of passengers in a year than the whole of NZ, they comparing us to say the states or an european country not one thousands of miles away that is utterly different,also the people who do come back in observe the rules,many here dont last time I looked both NZ and Oz are having trouble getting people to get jabbed, at some point they will open up and then there could be problems, japan dealt with the initial cases wellbutrin have had a surge lately too.

I sincerely hope that one day some of the cabinet will be behind bars for this - they deserve to be. Maybe an ex advisor should join them.

Tbf that's what the gmnt did from day 1..it was only when the car crash became evident did you start hearing the party line.. well they measure it differently from us.

It will be a cold day in hell when any of that lot..or their legion of apologists.. will admit they bare an of responsibility "

The apologists just say

Well nobody else could have done better to which i say .

They were our LEADERS &

They were meant to lead us .

Not get Friends & Family rich on the back of 130,000 deaths .

By *ammskiMan  over a year ago

lytham st.annes

It will be a cold day in hell when any of that lot..or their legion of apologists.. will admit they bare an of responsibility

The apologists just say

Well nobody else could have done better to which i say .

They were our LEADERS &

They were meant to lead us .

Not get Friends & Family rich on the back of 130,000 deaths ."

liverpool

Telegraph running a story that Hancock deliberately hid infection rates from alex who made the decision to stop the lockdown easing.

The gmnt have issued a rebuke.

Quite amusing seeing amoral shysters rip each other to shreds

» Add a new message to this topic