FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Good riddance to the Empire

Good riddance to the Empire

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uliaChris OP   Couple  over a year ago

westerham

"HONOURS recipients are calling for “Empire” to be dropped from OBE, MBE and other awards.

They say references to Britain’s colonial past are offensive to many and want it replaced with the word “Excellence”."

One hundred recent recipients have signed a letter asking for the change.

Frankly... Good.

I've long thought the current honours system a joke, and a bunch of Nancy boy footballers, cricketers and third rate singers should never have been able to misappropriate the glorious Empire insignia.

Let's give the Empire back the respect and love it deserves.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

""HONOURS recipients are calling for “Empire” to be dropped from OBE, MBE and other awards.

They say references to Britain’s colonial past are offensive to many and want it replaced with the word “Excellence”."

Frankly... Good.

I've long thought the current honours system a joke, and a bunch of Nancy boy footballers, cricketers and third rate singers should never have been able to misappropriate the glorious Empire insignia.

"

What is a ‘Nancy boy ‘ footballer ?

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

westerham

""HONOURS recipients are calling for “Empire” to be dropped from OBE, MBE and other awards.

Frankly... Good.

What is a ‘Nancy boy ‘ footballer ? "

Hopefully this is the start of a long overdue scrapping of the current honours system

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

Frankly... Good.

"

I think it's bollocks, and would not accept one myself.

However, it does no harm, and is a cheap way of making people feel important.

I have much more problem with the peer system.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

I never understood the need for an honour for a career choice like sport etc save someone’s life get a commendation or recognition but it seems that everyone who makes it to millionaire status gets an award

By *osieburnsTV/TS  over a year ago

DIDCOT

Frankly... Good.

"

"Nancy boy Footballers "

More stereotype language

#pridemonth

Frankly... Good.

Hopefully this is the start of a long overdue scrapping of the current honours system "

Any examples of a ‘Nancy boy’ footballer ?

westerham

Frankly... Good.

Hopefully this is the start of a long overdue scrapping of the current honours system

Any examples of a ‘Nancy boy’ footballer ? "

Nani, Lehman, Ronaldo, Adriano etc etc

Frankly... Good.

Nani, Lehman, Ronaldo, Adriano etc etc "

What is it that makes them a ‘Nancy boy’ , which one of those is an honours recipient?

westerham

Frankly... Good.

What is it that makes them a ‘Nancy boy’ , which one of those is an honours recipient? "

If you've never watched football maybe just say. Lehman was an utter disgrace.

Frankly... Good.

What is it that makes them a ‘Nancy boy’ , which one of those is an honours recipient?

If you've never watched football maybe just say. Lehman was an utter disgrace. "

I will try again , what is it that makes them a ‘Nancy boy’ ?

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Does Ronaldo play for westerham rovers?

"Does Ronaldo play for westerham rovers?"

I think he turned them down, that is why Chris has decided to insult him 1970s style

liverpool

westerham

"Shelter boss Polly Neate added: “Having accepted mine, I have a responsibility to try to change that.”"

Love this muddle headed woke thinking rubbish

Why has she got responsibility? Don't like then don't accept it in the first place...

Oh and do it quietly, not like dear old Benjamin and others who have to virtue signal as loudly as possible.

I thought it had been dropped

Order of British Excellence i thought

""Shelter boss Polly Neate added: “Having accepted mine, I have a responsibility to try to change that.”"

Why has she got responsibility? Don't like then don't accept it in the first place...

Oh and do it quietly, not like dear old Benjamin and others who have to virtue signal as loudly as possible.

"

Your living in the past, the empire died years ago, I know your confused and angry but you will get over it

westerham

""Shelter boss Polly Neate added: “Having accepted mine, I have a responsibility to try to change that.”"

Your living in the past, the empire died years ago, I know your confused and angry but you will get over it "

Do you think Polly was right to accept something she clearly considers offensive?

Your living in the past, the empire died years ago, I know your confused and angry but you will get over it

Do you think Polly was right to accept something she clearly considers offensive?

"

The empire is finished, your confusion and rage is worrying,

westerham

The empire is finished, your confusion and rage is worrying, "

Sounds like you think Polly was wrong then.

Sounds like you think Polly was wrong then. "

Let’s get back to your use of the term ‘Nancy boy’ ?

westerham

Let’s get back to your use of the term ‘Nancy boy’ ?"

Let's carry on with the subject of the thread.

I note you are currently unable to unscramble Pollys woke logic.

I note you are currently unable to unscramble Pollys woke logic. "

What makes a person a ‘Nancy boy ’? Your words not mine, Polly can do what she wants with her honour ,

westerham

What makes a person a ‘Nancy boy ’? Your words not mine, Polly can do what she wants with her honour , "

You can start your own thread on anything you are confused about and I will chip in with my answers. It's not fair on the serious posters to divert the thread off track I'm sure you agree.

Youre OK with Polly keeping her honour, so should she be able to use the new National Flagship?

What makes a person a ‘Nancy boy ’? Your words not mine, Polly can do what she wants with her honour ,

You can start your own thread on anything you are confused about and I will chip in with my answers. It's not fair on the serious posters to divert the thread off track I'm sure you agree.

Youre OK with Polly keeping her honour, so should she be able to use the new National Flagship? "

Polly can do whatever she likes with her ‘honour’ she earned it,

westerham

Youre OK with Polly keeping her honour, so should she be able to use the new National Flagship?

Polly can do whatever she likes with her ‘honour’ she earned it, "

OK...

If she makes a speech saying "I'm immensely proud to have been awarded Order of the British Empire, this medal of the Empire means a lot to me" that's OK?

She can mention the Empire yes?

OK...

If she makes a speech saying "I'm immensely proud to have been awarded Order of the British Empire, this medal of the Empire means a lot to me" that's OK?

"

If?

westerham

OK...

If? "

Yep

Simple concept

You said she can do what she wants with her honour. Soundle like actually you've got some limits.

OK...

If?

Yep

Simple concept

You said she can do what she wants with her honour. Soundle like actually you've got some limits. "

If, buts & maybes, let’s deal with facts not speculation, what ‘if’ she makes a speech saying the opposite? What ‘if’ ? What ‘if’? What ‘if’?

DIDCOT

OK...

If?

Yep

Simple concept

You said she can do what she wants with her honour. Soundle like actually you've got some limits. "

In your opening post you did include the phrase "Nancy boys"

I'm also interested in what is a "Nancy boy" ?

OK...

If?

Yep

Simple concept

You said she can do what she wants with her honour. Soundle like actually you've got some limits.

In your opening post you did include the phrase "Nancy boys"

I'm also interested in what is a "Nancy boy" ?"

He won’t answer, he is now back tracking after realising his error

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

Frankly... Good.

Hopefully this is the start of a long overdue scrapping of the current honours system "

fingers crossed

By *lixerMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Nothing less than the full destruction of the current UK state will suffice. Then start with a written constitution.

westerham

OK...

If?

Yep

Simple concept

If, buts & maybes, let’s deal with facts not speculation, what ‘if’ she makes a speech saying the opposite? What ‘if’ ? What ‘if’? What ‘if’? "

OK I realise it was a tough question. Bit unfair of me.

But that's the nuts and bolts of all issues really innit. You end up with some of your crew liking some bits of free speech but only by the right people. And not if they veer off the woke path too much.

OK...

If?

Yep

Simple concept

If, buts & maybes, let’s deal with facts not speculation, what ‘if’ she makes a speech saying the opposite? What ‘if’ ? What ‘if’? What ‘if’?

But that's the nuts and bolts of all issues really innit. You end up with some of your crew liking some bits of free speech but only by the right people. And not if they veer off the woke path too much. "

Are you making stuff up again? Anyway, what is a ‘Nancy boy ‘ ?

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

OK...

If?

Yep

Simple concept

But that's the nuts and bolts of all issues really innit. You end up with some of your crew liking some bits of free speech but only by the right people. And not if they veer off the woke path too much.

Are you making stuff up again? Anyway, what is a ‘Nancy boy ‘ ? "

I’ve got two boxes of popcorn ready!

OK...

If?

Yep

Simple concept

I’ve got two boxes of popcorn ready! "

He is too scared to answer, he is becoming a bit more woke since he started posting on here, good to see

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

more threads of hate and intolerance from the far right culture warrior crew ... in this thread's, theme the op uses homophobic langauge to attack people for having made a successful career choice. the hate and intolerance from them seems never ending.

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

OK...

If?

Yep

Simple concept

Are you making stuff up again? Anyway, what is a ‘Nancy boy ‘ ? "

It's a song by Placebo

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS  over a year ago

Notts

Empires are evil, look at x factor and Britain's got talent dominating the tv..

It's just all wrong lol

Ps I read no other posts on this thread lol

liverpool

OK...

If?

Yep

Simple concept

He is too scared to answer, he is becoming a bit more woke since he started posting on here, good to see "

"more threads of hate and intolerance from the far right culture warrior crew ... in this thread's, theme the op uses homophobic langauge to attack people for having made a successful career choice. the hate and intolerance from them seems never ending. "

More Importantly

He seems to be allowed to do it on a regular basis

westerham

Complete lack of support for Polly Neate ITT

Noted

OK...

If?

Yep

Simple concept

It's a song by Placebo"

Ah, so nothing to do with footballers ?

DIDCOT

"Complete lack of support for Polly Neate ITT

Noted "

Homophobic txt used in your original post.. also noted

Notts

Google nancy boy, its a song by placebo and also an old insult relating to a man who is light in their loafers! Lol so could in fact be used in football commentary lol its so old fashioned its laughable, we're they in a d i s c o ....? lol

But back to empires.... Amazon Google sky..... all taking over the world but not using tanks so it's OK then? Bring back Victoria lol

I note you are currently unable to unscramble Pollys woke logic. "

Who do you think is responsible to try and change it then? And what Empire are you on about?

By *L RogueMan  over a year ago

London

OK...

If?

Yep

Simple concept

I’ve got two boxes of popcorn ready! "

May I have some? This is fun!

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

OK...

If?

Yep

Simple concept

May I have some? This is fun! "

Absolutely .. which box would you like ?? Salted or sweet??

By *uietbloke67Man  over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

Frankly... Good.

"

What career paths would you suggest are acceptable for this empire you speak of then?

Pray educate us all?

westerham

Frankly... Good.

What career paths would you suggest are acceptable for this empire you speak of then?

Pray educate us all?"

I’d restrict Empire honours to acts of outstanding heroism and sacrifice, so pretty much George Medals and VCs.

Obviously doesn’t therefore matter what career paths have been followed.

By *isandhers691127Couple  over a year ago

Bournemouth

Are "nancy boys" eligible for these awards?

Notts

"Are "nancy boys" eligible for these awards?"

Jay blades got one for services to crafting......

Notts

Frankly... Good.

Pray educate us all?

I’d restrict Empire honours to acts of outstanding heroism and sacrifice, so pretty much George Medals and VCs.

Obviously doesn’t therefore matter what career paths have been followed. "

Would have been a good year to honour nhs and care workers.... those that actually shut themselves in care homes to protect residents

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

Frankly... Good.

Pray educate us all?

Obviously doesn’t therefore matter what career paths have been followed.

Would have been a good year to honour nhs and care workers.... those that actually shut themselves in care homes to protect residents "

well said

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

Frankly... Good.

It’s much better when its paid for like Peter Crudas - you can always rely on Tory billionnaires to pay for honours…

Such a relentlessly horrible person

By *exy couple128Couple  over a year ago

Scarborough

It was great when Fred Dibnah received his MBE and a journalist asked asked are you uncomfortable about the word empire. The great Fred put him in his place.

By *leaserforPleasureTV/TS  over a year ago

Whitstable

"It was great when Fred Dibnah received his MBE and a journalist asked asked are you uncomfortable about the word empire. The great Fred put him in his place. "

Did he strike him down with his Light Sabre?

By *ockdownerMan  over a year ago

Preston

The empire is finished, your confusion and rage is worrying, "

Using a sexuality as a term of insult on a swinging sex site

By *rgoodnbadMan  over a year ago

greenock

"You have plundered many nations, divided many lands.

You have terrorised their people and ruled with an iron hand"

F@ck the empire!!

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

Well done for confirming that homophobic attitudes still exist. Towards others on a site that promotes sexual preferences as nothing to be ashamed of

By *leaserforPleasureTV/TS  over a year ago

Whitstable

The term “Nancy Boy” referenced an effeminate man who was usually passive and usually homosexual.

In footballing terms it stereotypically meant acting like a girl which was meant to imply that one would fall over at the merest touch or overreact to even a hint of physicality which if you watch women’s football is as far from the truth as is possible.

I can remember watching the Dick Emery show and for some reason the term Nancy Boy was used for a character called Clarence who was probably gay and whose greeting was “Hello Honky Tonks”, though my point of interest was the character Mandy who was not transgender but was obviously played by a man pretending to be a woman.

The term and perhaps Dick Emery comes from a time that is generally not acceptable now but trying to airbrush the past also erases the progress that has been made and the work and effort that still needs doing.

I try not to get hung up on words and terms. It would be a shame if songs like Nancy Boy or Lola (Kinks) were deemed unacceptable as even though they can be construed wrongly i tend to see them from a different angle.

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

macron nailed it yesterday when he talked about belfast not being part of britain ... it's best that the union be ignored and realise that there are now four entirely separate countries.

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

"macron nailed it yesterday when he talked about belfast not being part of britain ... it's best that the union be ignored and realise that there are now four entirely separate countries.

"

I'm not sure hearing that Belfast is not in Britain will come as a surprise to anyone. Not sure what relevance it has on talks

westerham

"macron nailed it yesterday when he talked about belfast not being part of britain ... it's best that the union be ignored and realise that there are now four entirely separate countries.

"

Macron is making the same mistake he did at the end of December, overplaying his hand, and he’s going to be slapped down by others in Europe.

"

Belfast isnt part of Britain

Unless it got up & swam acrodd the Irish Sea & bumped itself against some part of Britain .

Notts

yes all those isles round scotland dont belong to scotland obviously they belong to belfast and the isle of wight is basically france and fuck jersey lol

milton keynes

Macron is making the same mistake he did at the end of December, overplaying his hand, and he’s going to be slapped down by others in Europe."

not sure about the slapping down thing but perhaps they could sit him down and explain the difference between Great Britain and the UK

liverpool

Didnt he saying northern iteland was not geographically part of the uk?

I mean, god forbid the gmnt are using it distract from the fact that the mail was wanking itself over who we had stuffed it to the eu,and a more 6 months later,we are desperately trying to weasel out of it?

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Macron is making the same mistake he did at the end of December, overplaying his hand, and he’s going to be slapped down by others in Europe."

Careful about mentioning slapped down by others it’s a touchy subject

westerham

Macron is making the same mistake he did at the end of December, overplaying his hand, and he’s going to be slapped down by others in Europe.

Careful about mentioning slapped down by others it’s a touchy subject "

Er is it?

Blimey if people cared as much about issues as they do about their interpretations of words, we’d live in a much better world.

Careful about mentioning slapped down by others it’s a touchy subject "

Could be worse

He could have been attacked by a really dangerous

Weapon something akin to a Milkshake !!

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"

But why is he even mentioning it ?

It’s not part of the G7 is it? Best get his own house in order before meddling in other countries affairs

liverpool

Epic levels of passive aggression

The most notable aspect since the knitting circle has disbanded is the absence of the pack of dog like threads.

milton keynes

"Didnt he saying northern iteland was not geographically part of the uk?

I mean, god forbid the gmnt are using it distract from the fact that the mail was wanking itself over who we had stuffed it to the eu,and a more 6 months later,we are desperately trying to weasel out of it?"

Apparently no he did not but when the story broke macron's people claimed

that's what he meant

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

Frankly... Good.

"

Nice to see it replaced, in fact the whole honours system is crap. Even if they replace the word empire, will they also remove the empire qualification for the award as well. The whole lot is not fit for purpose these days.

Notts

inter-galactic?

"inter-galactic? "

Beastie boys

Notts

"inter-galactic?

Beastie boys "

whatever they use will have implications five years down the line....

» Add a new message to this topic