FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Dear England... (continued)

Dear England... (continued)

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *heBirminghamWeekend OP   Man  over a year ago

here

OP: "What an incredibly articulate and well thought out, open letter. If only certain columnists and high profile media personalities could adopt such an inclusive message, rather constantly fomenting division.

Very sad though that he has to appeal to the anti-woke agitators to stop booing their own team.

Or do we just have to accept that in modern England, you have to now be a racist, sexist and intolerant to at least some degree?"

Friday 18th June will offer some interesting points for discussion:

"Scotland players will “stand up to racism” at Euro 2020 rather than take the knee before matches. ... A statement from the Scottish Football Association read: “The squad, coaching staff and backroom members will stand up to racism ahead of the Group D matches against Czech Republic, England and Croatia."

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"OP: "What an incredibly articulate and well thought out, open letter. If only certain columnists and high profile media personalities could adopt such an inclusive message, rather constantly fomenting division.

Very sad though that he has to appeal to the anti-woke agitators to stop booing their own team.

Or do we just have to accept that in modern England, you have to now be a racist, sexist and intolerant to at least some degree?"

"Scotland players will “stand up to racism” at Euro 2020 rather than take the knee before matches. ... A statement from the Scottish Football Association read: “The squad, coaching staff and backroom members will stand up to racism ahead of the Group D matches against Czech Republic, England and Croatia."

"

Their decision, I am sure the Scottish fans will respect that

here

I particularly like the approach the SFA have taken in reinforcing the positive message.

By *uliaChrisCouple  over a year ago

westerham

"OP: "What an incredibly articulate and well thought out, open letter. If only certain columnists and high profile media personalities could adopt such an inclusive message, rather constantly fomenting division.

Their decision, I am sure the Scottish fans will respect that "

I dunno, if someone is standing, are they definitely standing upto racism? They might just be... Standing.

"I particularly like the approach the SFA have taken in reinforcing the positive message.

"

I respect the decision the Scottish team have made, just like I respect the decision the England team have made

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

I would like each team, to parade a UEFA endorsed anti-racism banner around the ground at each match.

No mixed messaging then.

By *eanoCoolMan  over a year ago

wisbech

"I would like each team, to parade a UEFA endorsed anti-racism banner around the ground at each match.

No mixed messaging then.

"

Personally think that's a really good idea

"I would like each team, to parade a UEFA endorsed anti-racism banner around the ground at each match.

No mixed messaging then.

Personally think that's a really good idea "

Racists would still boo

By *eanoCoolMan  over a year ago

wisbech

No mixed messaging then.

Racists would still boo "

Well yeah they would but I really dont know how you can stop them to be honest unfortunately.

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

Do any black England fans boo the taking of the knee? Or is it restricted to white racists?

By *ERRIBLE TWOSUMCouple  over a year ago

Suck mammys strap-on

"Do any black England fans boo the taking of the knee? Or is it restricted to white racists? "
So racism only applies to white people

"Do any black England fans boo the taking of the knee? Or is it restricted to white racists? So racism only applies to white people "

Who said that?

here

No mixed messaging then.

Racists would still boo "

There is an example which proves this to be wrong

No mixed messaging then.

Racists would still boo

Well yeah they would but I really dont know how you can stop them to be honest unfortunately."

True,

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Do any black England fans boo the taking of the knee? Or is it restricted to white racists? So racism only applies to white people

Who said that? "

No one.

Its just repeated on a daily basis.

"Do any black England fans boo the taking of the knee? Or is it restricted to white racists? So racism only applies to white people

Who said that?

No one.

Its just repeated on a daily basis.

"

Deflection or confusion, or probably both

liverpool

Who cares.?

here

“ Steve Clarke

I am aware that some individuals and groups have sought to politicise or misrepresent the Scotland National Team position on taking a stand against racism and all forms of discriminatory behaviour in our UEFA EURO 2020 matches and, in particular, for our visit to Wembley.

It is incumbent on me as the Head Coach to reiterate that we have done so from our first FIFA World Cup qualifiers and that it has been done in conjunction with clubs across Scottish football including Rangers and Celtic.

I explained in March the rationale behind the squad decision: not only is it consistent with the collective approach from Scottish football above but the purpose of taking the knee, to raise awareness and help eradicate racism in football and society, has been diluted and undermined by the continuation of abuse towards players.

For the avoidance of doubt: me, my coaching staff, my players and my backroom team take a stand against racism and all forms of unacceptable and discriminatory behaviour across society. We do so to raise awareness of the ongoing problem but also as a reminder to those who have the ultimate power and responsibility to implement meaningful change.

In light of divisive and inaccurate comments being perpetuated by individuals and groups, whose views we denounce in the strongest terms, we have reflected today as a group. We remain committed to our principles of taking a stand but we must also be unequivocal in condemning the opportunistic false narrative being presented by some.

We have therefore agreed that we will show solidarity with our counterparts in England, many of whom are team-mates of our own players, and who have found themselves on the receiving end of abuse from fans in recent international matches.

We will continue to take a stand – together, as one – for our matches at Hampden Park. For our match at Wembley, we will stand against racism and kneel against ignorance. ”

"“ Steve Clarke

I am aware that some individuals and groups have sought to politicise or misrepresent the Scotland National Team position on taking a stand against racism and all forms of discriminatory behaviour in our UEFA EURO 2020 matches and, in particular, for our visit to Wembley.

It is incumbent on me as the Head Coach to reiterate that we have done so from our first FIFA World Cup qualifiers and that it has been done in conjunction with clubs across Scottish football including Rangers and Celtic.

I explained in March the rationale behind the squad decision: not only is it consistent with the collective approach from Scottish football above but the purpose of taking the knee, to raise awareness and help eradicate racism in football and society, has been diluted and undermined by the continuation of abuse towards players.

For the avoidance of doubt: me, my coaching staff, my players and my backroom team take a stand against racism and all forms of unacceptable and discriminatory behaviour across society. We do so to raise awareness of the ongoing problem but also as a reminder to those who have the ultimate power and responsibility to implement meaningful change.

In light of divisive and inaccurate comments being perpetuated by individuals and groups, whose views we denounce in the strongest terms, we have reflected today as a group. We remain committed to our principles of taking a stand but we must also be unequivocal in condemning the opportunistic false narrative being presented by some.

We have therefore agreed that we will show solidarity with our counterparts in England, many of whom are team-mates of our own players, and who have found themselves on the receiving end of abuse from fans in recent international matches.

We will continue to take a stand – together, as one – for our matches at Hampden Park. For our match at Wembley, we will stand against racism and kneel against ignorance. ”

"

Well done to the Scotland team, well done to the England team, true fans respect their decision

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"“ Steve Clarke

Well done to the Scotland team, well done to the England team, true fans respect their decision "

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

No mixed messaging then.

"

Yeah… like we haven’t seen this one before… spoiler.. we have!

This is the same UEFA that fined Macedonia 16k for abuse, Spain 26k for monkey chants… but Nicklaus bendtner 100k for wearing paddy power pants!

thornaby

No mixed messaging then.

Yeah… like we haven’t seen this one before… spoiler.. we have!

This is the same UEFA that fined Macedonia 16k for abuse, Spain 26k for monkey chants… but Nicklaus bendtner 100k for wearing paddy power pants! "

says it all about eufa needs replacing badly

westerham

"“ Steve Clarke

Well done to the Scotland team, well done to the England team, true fans respect their decision "

You speak for yourself, and others. Many fans have zero interest in being lectured to by a bunch of immensely priveledged prima Donnas.

here

"“ Steve Clarke

Which decision, the first one or the second one?

"“ Steve Clarke

Well done to the Scotland team, well done to the England team, true fans respect their decision

You speak for yourself, and others. Many fans have zero interest in being lectured to by a bunch of immensely priveledged prima Donnas."

Is that because they got bored of -

Martin luther king

Malcolm x

Muhammad ali

John carlos

Raheem sterling

Paul ince

Anton ferdinand?

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

You speak for yourself, and others. Many fans have zero interest in being lectured to by a bunch of immensely priveledged prima Donnas."

Scotland have been taking a more forceful approach since the racial abuse incident aimed at rangers glen kamara!

Maybe if you didn’t misconstrued the message being sent, which has been explained again and again and again, you would not need to be lectured in the first place!

After all.. what part of social and racial injustice are you exactly against???

westerham

"“ Steve Clarke

You speak for yourself, and others. Many fans have zero interest in being lectured to by a bunch of immensely priveledged prima Donnas.

Martin luther king

Malcolm x

Muhammad ali

John carlos

Raheem sterling

Paul ince

Anton ferdinand?

"

Not sure if it's deliberate, but there's some pretty far out names on that list, who were very much against equality, social justice etc etc.

Great sportsman, but Ali was as racist and misogynistic as they come.

westerham

"

Scotland have been taking a more forceful approach since the racial abuse incident aimed at rangers glen kamara!

Maybe if you didn’t misconstrued the message being sent, which has been explained again and again and again, you would not need to be lectured in the first place!

After all.. what part of social and racial injustice are you exactly against???"

I haven't misconstrued anything, I'm kind of a big deal around here for my deep and clear level of thought.

So seeing as I, and many others, understand the issues perfectly, why have we got to keep having them shoved down our throats, and particularly shoved down our throats by footballers, many of whom you wouldn't trust to send down the shop for a loaf of bread.

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

No mixed messaging then.

"

that would be great. it makes no difference if they parade it before or after they take the knee, it would be great either way.

"“ Steve Clarke

Martin luther king

Malcolm x

Muhammad ali

John carlos

Raheem sterling

Paul ince

Anton ferdinand?

Not sure if it's deliberate, but there's some pretty far out names on that list, who were very much against equality, social justice etc etc.

"

Ali did change later in old age, he renounced his nation of islam beliefs and then became a mainstream muslim.

update ....

Scotland had said on Thursday that they would continue standing in solidarity against racism during the tournament but the reaction has prompted a partial rethink.

“In light of divisive and inaccurate comments being perpetuated by individuals and groups, whose views we denounce in the strongest terms, we have reflected today as a group,” the head coach, Steve Clarke, said.

“We will continue to take a stand – together, as one – for our matches at Hampden Park. For our match at Wembley, we will stand against racism and kneel against ignorance.”

Scotland’s captain, Andy Robertson, said: “The Scotland team stands against racism but we will kneel against ignorance and in solidarity on June 18th.”

"

So seeing as I, and many others, understand the issues perfectly, why have we got to keep having them shoved down our throats, and particularly shoved down our throats by footballers, many of whom you wouldn't trust to send down the shop for a loaf of bread. "

so seeing you, and many others, understand the issues perfectly, why do you not try to change the situation for the better? Particularly seeing you have a level of inteligence few have, espsecially seeing you could go down the shop and buy more than a loaf of bread?

Or are you happy with it the way it is and don't see a need to address racial and social equality?

"update ....

Scotland had said on Thursday that they would continue standing in solidarity against racism during the tournament but the reaction has prompted a partial rethink.

“In light of divisive and inaccurate comments being perpetuated by individuals and groups, whose views we denounce in the strongest terms, we have reflected today as a group,” the head coach, Steve Clarke, said.

“We will continue to take a stand – together, as one – for our matches at Hampden Park. For our match at Wembley, we will stand against racism and kneel against ignorance.”

Scotland’s captain, Andy Robertson, said: “The Scotland team stands against racism but we will kneel against ignorance and in solidarity on June 18th.”

"

it seems that the more that the racists lose their shit, the more sportspeople decide to kneel in solidarity defience of the racist's mixed message and devisive booing

westerham

"

So seeing as I, and many others, understand the issues perfectly, why have we got to keep having them shoved down our throats, and particularly shoved down our throats by footballers, many of whom you wouldn't trust to send down the shop for a loaf of bread.

so seeing you, and many others, understand the issues perfectly, why do you not try to change the situation for the better? Particularly seeing you have a level of inteligence few have, espsecially seeing you could go down the shop and buy more than a loaf of bread?

Or are you happy with it the way it is and don't see a need to address racial and social equality?"

Ah but I do.

I do an immense amount of (unsung) good for my fellow citizens of the world.

Which, again, makes it even more laughably pathetic to be lectured to.

Wales will also take the knee on saturday in solidarity and in defiance of the racist booers attempts at dividing britain.

"

Or are you happy with it the way it is and don't see a need to address racial and social equality?

Ah but I do.

Which, again, makes it even more laughably pathetic to be lectured to. "

Don’t people who do good, not care how many times they hear the lecture, as (in this specific case) i would happily be lectured till the end of time if it meant the end of racism?

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

I haven't misconstrued anything, I'm kind of a big deal around here for my deep and clear level of thought.

So seeing as I, and many others, understand the issues perfectly, why have we got to keep having them shoved down our throats, and particularly shoved down our throats by footballers, many of whom you wouldn't trust to send down the shop for a loaf of bread. "

So just what message was trying to be sent in Gareth Southgate’s “Dear England” open letter… and just what part of it irks you… I am curious what part of it you explicitly disagree with……

westerham

"

Ah but I do.

Which, again, makes it even more laughably pathetic to be lectured to.

Don’t people who do good, not care how many times they hear the lecture, as (in this specific case) i would happily be lectured till the end of time if it meant the end of racism?"

I don't think you could stand it, no.

westerham

"

So just what message was trying to be sent in Gareth Southgate’s “Dear England” open letter… and just what part of it irks you… I am curious what part of it you explicitly disagree with……"

What qualifications does he have? He kicked a bag of wind around for a living and now coaches others to kick a bag of wind around. Absolutely laughable.

I'll stick with Thomas Stowell and others thanks.

"

So just what message was trying to be sent in Gareth Southgate’s “Dear England” open letter… and just what part of it irks you… I am curious what part of it you explicitly disagree with……

What qualifications does he have? He kicked a bag of wind around for a living and now coaches others to kick a bag of wind around. Absolutely laughable.

I'll stick with Thomas Stowell and others thanks. "

Would you boo the England team for taking the knee?

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

I'll stick with Thomas Stowell and others thanks. "

So you basically didn’t read it then…..

Gotcha!!!!

Suck mammys strap-on

"

Gotcha!!!!"

Unless you think Thomas Stowell and others like him are Uncle Tom's ...

"

Gotcha!!!!Unless you think Thomas Stowell and others like him are Uncle Tom's ..."

Isn't it funny, when people put forward others with controversial views as accepted by most academics, try flipping the question by using the uncle Tom reasoning, only to realise they don't know as much as they think because his name is Thomas Sowell, not Thomas Stowell

hardly surprising that the far righty fabbers are queuing up to stand with Dr Thomas Stowell the royal/freemasonry conspiracy theorist

westerham

"

Gotcha!!!!Unless you think Thomas Stowell and others like him are Uncle Tom's ...

Isn't it funny, when people put forward others with controversial views as accepted by most academics, try flipping the question by using the uncle Tom reasoning, only to realise they don't know as much as they think because his name is Thomas Sowell, not Thomas Stowell

"

Autocorrect, you can check my previous posts on him if you want.

Or you could address the issues.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Gotcha!!!!Unless you think Thomas Stowell and others like him are Uncle Tom's ...

Or you could address the issues. "

See.. I just asked a simple question… which was did you actually read the “Dear England” open letter to which you are skirting around it and steering it elsewhere…

All I asked is what part of the text in the letter do you fundamentally disagree with!

thornaby

"“ Steve Clarke

Martin luther king

Malcolm x

Muhammad ali

John carlos

Raheem sterling

Paul ince

Anton ferdinand?

"

Malcolm X also

Suck mammys strap-on

"hardly surprising that the far righty fabbers are queuing up to stand with Dr Thomas Stowell the royal/freemasonry conspiracy theorist"
Far right fabbers....that's a new one

Newcastle and Gateshead

"hardly surprising that the far righty fabbers are queuing up to stand with Dr Thomas Stowell the royal/freemasonry conspiracy theoristFar right fabbers....that's a new one "

You are the other one that I am curious to know if you read the open letter as well… and I’ll ask you the same thing

What part of the text in the letter do you fundamentally disagree with?

liverpool

"hardly surprising that the far righty fabbers are queuing up to stand with Dr Thomas Stowell the royal/freemasonry conspiracy theoristFar right fabbers....that's a new one "

Yep cos this place is a bastion of socialism

westerham

"

See.. I just asked a simple question… which was did you actually read the “Dear England” open letter to which you are skirting around it and steering it elsewhere…

All I asked is what part of the text in the letter do you fundamentally disagree with!"

Oh very well

I have read it

It doesn't disappoint, every bit as trite and cod philosophic as I expected.

I imagine one of his kids drafted it.

You ask what content do I disagree with? That would be like disagreeing with baked beans or seagulls.

But claiming the team are role models while offering no evidence is nonsensical.

If any kids of mine regarded someone who kicks a bag of wind for a living as a role model I'd be questioning my parenting skills.

They would regard Brunel, Woolencraft and Churchill as role models.

Cheers

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

All I asked is what part of the text in the letter do you fundamentally disagree with!

Oh very well

I have read it

You ask what content do I disagree with? That would be like disagreeing with baked beans or seagulls.

But claiming the team are role models while offering no evidence is nonsensical.

If any kids of mine regarded someone who kicks a bag of wind for a living as a role model I'd be questioning my parenting skills.

Cheers

"

As role models go… you could de a lot worse than a Marcus rashford…. Or a Harry Kane (even me as a Arsenal fan can concede that) or a Jordan Henderson..

But you came into the thread all guns blazing about the context… but now concede there actually isn’t anything really offensive in it…

So are you really in this thread for shits and giggles?

"

Oh very well

I have read it

Cheers

"

With role models like that I bet your kids will be the social butterflies of the playground

liverpool

Its always healthy to have a racist as a role model tbf

westerham

"

Oh very well

I have read it

Cheers

As role models go… you could de a lot worse than a Marcus rashford…. Or a Harry Kane (even me as a Arsenal fan can concede that) or a Jordan Henderson..

But you came into the thread all guns blazing about the context… but now concede there actually isn’t anything really offensive in it…

So are you really in this thread for shits and giggles? "

I find it grossly offensive the weight that some of the credulous give to ‘celebrity “ opinions.

Scotland players have decided

(Under direct criticism from Scottish Fans )

To take the knee at Wembley in support

With there England Counterparts .

Some of my Scottish Colleagues have

Informed me it was to p155 off the

Right leaning booers of Englandshires

Knee takers !

By *ilkysmooth123Man  over a year ago

nr sedbergh

"

After all.. what part of social and racial injustice are you exactly against???"

Didnt you once serve a ban on here for bullying a dyslexic? I think he was a scottish lad,kinky hns or something?

nr sedbergh

"Scotland players have decided

Knee takers !

"

Cool story.But thats all it is.A story.Lets face it,you just made this up.

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

Tonight's game between Belgium and Russia also witnessed booing when the Belgium players took the knee though not sure if they were booing the Belgium's or the Russians that did not participate

Knee takers !

Cool story.But thats all it is.A story.Lets face it,you just made this up."

Not at all

He is a Proud Motherwell Fan & runs numerous

Podcasts in Scotlands Footballing world .

Sorry to dissapoint .

I dont really do made up stories .

westerham

Knee takers !

Not at all

Sorry to dissapoint .

"

Well you made up that one about knowing a football agent a few days ago tbf

nr sedbergh

Knee takers !

Not at all

Sorry to dissapoint .

"

Ah well,you shouldve said youre source was a proud motherwell fan in the first place.Im now totally convinced your not talking shite.

Knee takers !

Not at all

Sorry to dissapoint .

Ah well,you shouldve said youre source was a proud motherwell fan in the first place.Im now totally convinced your not talking shite."

Good for you

Accepting truth leads to

The road away from perdition .

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Good to hear the cheers and the conversation in the wider world is about football for once.

Shame about a return to

Booing opposition National Anthems

By England Fans

liverpool

"Shame about a return to

By England Fans "

Classy

milton keynes

"Shame about a return to

By England Fans "

Never good to see. Was also not good that taking the knee was booed at the Belgium, Russia game

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

"Shame about a return to

By England Fans

Never good to see. Was also not good that taking the knee was booed at the Belgium, Russia game"

Some English racists must have been there?

milton keynes

"Shame about a return to

By England Fans

Never good to see. Was also not good that taking the knee was booed at the Belgium, Russia game

Some English racists must have been there? "

Yep, the lengths they go to lol

Surprised not much about it in the news but I'm sure if it happens in England again it will soon make the headlines

"Shame about a return to

By England Fans

Some English racists must have been there? "

After there 2016 meetings with the

Ruskie football mob ?

I dont f*cking think so .

Arses well & truly smacked

milton keynes

That's bad news as means its not just the English doing this

Hopefully you all condemn the booing at all games

liverpool

"Shame about a return to

By England Fans

Ruskie football mob ?

"

Outstanding

liverpool

"That's bad news as means its not just the English doing this

Hopefully you all condemn the booing at all games"

Well that depends if the apologists will defend the actions of the other fans

thornaby

"Shame about a return to

By England Fans "

yes because only English fans do the eh ffs

thornaby

"Shame about a return to

By England Fans

Ruskie football mob ?

"

your hatred for English is so fucking childish

"Shame about a return to

By England Fans

Ruskie football mob ?

Outstanding "

I thought so to

"Shame about a return to

By England Fans

Ruskie football mob ?

your hatred for English is so fucking childish "

I dont Hate England

Id never dream of booing there National Anthem

Or anyone elses for that matter .

The Only hate ive heard is from Engpand

fans booing the Croatian National Anthem

thornaby

"Shame about a return to

By England Fans

Ruskie football mob ?

I dont Hate England

"

lol only England fans boo then eh

milton keynes

Well that depends if the apologists will defend the actions of the other fans"

I thought you was against racism and supported the taking the knee actions. Seems now you set pre conditions on condemning the booing. Will you be the same if it happens in England again. Personally I condemn it wherever it happens even if it is related to other countries fans

By *ockdownerMan  over a year ago

Preston

"Shame about a return to

By England Fans

Ruskie football mob ?

I dont Hate England

"

I hardly ever watch football but it was fucking embarrassing and pathetic to hear the few miserable bastards I suppose lucky enough to enjoy the match fucking booing the oppositions national anthem.

Fucking shameful really.

liverpool

I thought you was against racism and supported the taking the knee actions. Seems now you set pre conditions on condemning the booing. Will you be the same if it happens in England again. Personally I condemn it wherever it happens even if it is related to other countries fans"

So do I

But I'd like to know the justification for englamd fans booing it applies to other fans.

I thought you was against racism and supported the taking the knee actions. Seems now you set pre conditions on condemning the booing. Will you be the same if it happens in England again. Personally I condemn it wherever it happens even if it is related to other countries fans

So do I

But I'd like to know the justification for englamd fans booing it applies to other fans."

That's not what you said above

liverpool

So do I

But I'd like to know the justification for englamd fans booing it applies to other fans.

That's not what you said above "

Its exactly what I said but do enlighten me

So do I

Its exactly what I said but do enlighten me"

This is exactly what you said

'Well that depends if the apologists will defend the actions of the other fans'

This was a direct answer to the below statement:

"Shame about a return to

By England Fans

Ruskie football mob ?

I dont Hate England

I hardly ever watch football but it was fucking embarrassing and pathetic to hear the few miserable bastards I suppose lucky enough to enjoy the match fucking booing the oppositions national anthem.

Fucking shameful really."

Couldnt agree more

I will say its something i would find shameful if

done by any countries fans against others National Anthems .

You nust have to look atthe Anthems at

Croke Park in 2007 .

The Irish respected the Anthem of England

Even after the last visit to Croker .

Booing because you lost a Semi Final 3 years ago .

Just Sounds like a bunch of spoilt 5 year olds

who didnt get biscuits .

liverpool

So do I

Hopefully you all condemn the booing at all games"

Amd how does that differ to what I said above?

My 1st statement said..well that depends on of the apologists defend the actions of other fans

I'd then said I'd like to justification for englamd fans booing it applies to other countries

How are those 2 statements different?

But in case you are confused.. I'll repeat, for the 2nd time,I wouldnt condone any fans booing it.

liverpool

"Shame about a return to

By England Fans

Ruskie football mob ?

I dont Hate England

Fucking shameful really.

Couldnt agree more

Croke Park in 2007 .

who didnt get biscuits ."

I remember they even booed the jamaican anthem a few years ago when they played them in a friendly.

So do I

My 1st statement said..well that depends on of the apologists defend the actions of other fans

I'd then said I'd like to justification for englamd fans booing it applies to other countries

But in case you are confused.. I'll repeat, for the 2nd time,I wouldnt condone any fans booing it."

The first statement is not a condemnation. Neither is the second. I think the English language confuses you somewhat

liverpool

So do I

But in case you are confused.. I'll repeat, for the 2nd time,I wouldnt condone any fans booing it.

The first statement is not a condemnation. Neither is the second. I think the English language confuses you somewhat "

Or maybe you just desperately look for something to pick me up on and fail miserably?

The fact that I've clearly condemned it twice and it's still gone over your head is a bit of a worry tbh.

So do I

The first statement is not a condemnation. Neither is the second. I think the English language confuses you somewhat

Or maybe you just desperately look for something to pick me up on and fail miserably?

The fact that I've clearly condemned it twice and it's still gone over your head is a bit of a worry tbh.

"

Maybe it's myself who struggles with the English language. I genuinely don't think so though

"Shame about a return to

By England Fans

Ruskie football mob ?

I dont Hate England

Fucking shameful really.

Couldnt agree more

Croke Park in 2007 .

who didnt get biscuits .

I remember they even booed the jamaican anthem a few years ago when they played them in a friendly. "

And taking a Knee wasnt even a thing then !

Then you get a fool like Raab saying the EU

should give respect to britain blah blah blah &

Football fans ber3 wont even respect a Countries

National Anthem .

Led by Donkeys !!

milton keynes

So do I

But I'd like to know the justification for englamd fans booing it applies to other fans."

Maybe it's just the way it's written but when your answer started with the words ' it depends' it did not sound like you condemn regardless. For me it does not depend on what others say/ try to justify epithets before or in the future. However I think you have now made your position clearer

"

Maybe it's myself who struggles with the English language. I genuinely don't think so though "

Ah the English Language

Rite write Right Wright

Which one is correct ?

westerham

Pritti Patel says kneeling is gesture politics

By *ockdownerMan  over a year ago

Preston

"Pritti Patel says kneeling is gesture politics"

Well, seeing as she isn't the one kneeling then it's safe to say she knows fuck all of what she speaks

liverpool

She is so cuddly.

westerham

"Pritti Patel says kneeling is gesture politics

She is so cuddly."

She'd chew you up and spit you out Lionel

westerham

Well, seeing as she isn't the one kneeling then it's safe to say she knows fuck all of what she speaks "

No idea what that means

What's the connection between who is doing the kneeling and knowing what it means?

Who gives a fuck what she thinks??

westerham

Who gives a fuck what she thinks?? "

Ok

Kneeling is gesture politics

Ok

Kneeling is gesture politics "

According to a Priti Patel, no one (apart from racists) gives a shit what she thinks

westerham

Ok

According to a Priti Patel, no one (apart from racists) gives a shit what she thinks "

If these overpaid clowns are upset by something on Twitter, and aren’t Marxists….. why not come up with their own protest gesture?

Why steal someone else’s?

Ok

According to a Priti Patel, no one (apart from racists) gives a shit what she thinks

If these overpaid clowns are upset by something on Twitter, and aren’t Marxists….. why not come up with their own protest gesture?

Why steal someone else’s? "

Why are you referring to the money they earn?

westerham

Ok

Why are you referring to the money they earn? "

No answer. Noted.

Ok

No answer. Noted. "

They can choose any protest ‘gesture’ they like, their decision, why are you referring to the money they earn ?

Ok

Why steal someone else’s? "

Didnt that K*tie Hopkins woman use that line

Why Steal someone else's bullsh*t quote ?

westerham

Ok

No answer. Noted.

They can choose any protest ‘gesture’ they like, their decision, why are you referring to the money they earn ? "

Here we go again, we've discussed this..

It's faux Liberal to say they can use any protest gesture they like. Of course they can't. They could then be doing black or white power salutes etc.

That's the slope they are careering down. Unless it's one rule for one, one for another.

They want to protest twitter then make their own symbol protesting twitter. They might even get a better reaction.

Ok

No answer. Noted.

They can choose any protest ‘gesture’ they like, their decision, why are you referring to the money they earn ?

It's faux Liberal to say they can use any protest gesture they like. Of course they can't. They could then be doing black or white power salutes etc.

That's the slope they are careering down. Unless it's one rule for one, one for another.

They want to protest twitter then make their own symbol protesting twitter. They might even get a better reaction. "

They can do what they like, who cares if it triggers a few racists

Ok

No answer. Noted.

They want to protest twitter then make their own symbol protesting twitter. They might even get a better reaction.

They can do what they like, who cares if it triggers a few racists "

Hes treading water desperately .

Cany use the same arguments .

Like Britain was the 1st to

have an Empire .

He literally makes this sh*t up as he goes . Any credibility he thought

He had, went down with the ensign

Regardless of what colour it was proclaimed to be .

Ok

No answer. Noted.

have an Empire .

Regardless of what colour it was proclaimed to be ."

No mention of the pound to the euro anymore

westerham

Ok

No answer. Noted.

They can do what they like, who cares if it triggers a few racists "

If some of them do a white power salute it won't trigger you then?

Interesting

liverpool

Tbf priti is probally still annoyed at the likes of rashford for drawing attention to the dickensian attitude to hungry children

Still its nice to see tories showing their true colours

Ok

No answer. Noted.

Interesting "

When are they planning on doing that? Or is it just another one of your ‘what ifs’?

Ok

No answer. Noted.

have an Empire .

Regardless of what colour it was proclaimed to be .

No mention of the pound to the euro anymore "

Too funny

westerham

Ok

No answer. Noted.

Interesting

When are they planning on doing that? Or is it just another one of your ‘what ifs’? "

No, you said the footballers could use any gesture they liked. It's your what if, not mine.

"Tbf priti is probally still annoyed at the likes of rashford for drawing attention to the dickensian attitude to hungry children

Still its nice to see tories showing their true colours "

the racist in chief turns to calling everything that is contrary to their narrative marxist yet again.

By *kyblue1878Couple  over a year ago

Southport

Their decision, I am sure the Scottish fans will respect that

I dunno, if someone is standing, are they definitely standing upto racism? They might just be... Standing.

"

If the SFA say by standing, they are standing up to racism then it has to be believed and respected in the same way our FA are saying by taking the knee, they are not associating themselves with any political organisations (is BLM)

Ok

No answer. Noted.

Interesting

When are they planning on doing that? Or is it just another one of your ‘what ifs’?

No, you said the footballers could use any gesture they liked. It's your what if, not mine. "

So, as a sign of solidarity against racism your suggesting that they ‘might’ make a white power salute ? Is that correct? Tbh I don’t think the players care what you and your crew think

[Removed by poster at 15/06/21 18:19:46]

Ok

No answer. Noted.

Interesting

No, you said the footballers could use any gesture they liked. It's your what if, not mine.

So, as a sign of solidarity against racism your suggesting that they ‘might’ make a white power salute ? Is that correct? Tbh I don’t think the players care what you and your crew think "

Fortunately that crew is diminishing day by day

Ok

No answer. Noted.

Interesting

So, as a sign of solidarity against racism your suggesting that they ‘might’ make a white power salute ? Is that correct? Tbh I don’t think the players care what you and your crew think

Fortunately that crew is diminishing day by day "

Indeed,

liverpool

Priti tweeted come on england and someone tweeted back..if football came home you would probally deport it

Outstanding.

Raheen Sterling scores for England

His & Englands 2nd goal of the Tournament .

BGM

Black Goalscorers Matter !

By *L RogueMan  over a year ago

London

Bump!

We're in the Final!!!

What a team!!

"Bump!

We're in the Final!!!

What a team!!

"

Amazing team, manager and staff you can tell they have great team spirit

North Bucks

Shame that utter spunkbubble with the laser let us down.

"Shame that utter spunkbubble with the laser let us down. "

Yep, and the idiots booing the danish national anthem, luckily those morons are in the minority

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"Bump!

We're in the Final!!!

What a team!!

Amazing team, manager and staff you can tell they have great team spirit "

Love it that a team stands up to racism, fights for poor children to be properly fed and wear rainbow armbands.

The knuckleheads must be struggling to overlook the common decency of the team.

liverpool

"Bump!

We're in the Final!!!

What a team!!

Love it that a team stands up to racism, fights for poor children to be properly fed and wear rainbow armbands.

The knuckleheads must be struggling to overlook the common decency of the team."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.lbc.co.uk/news/tory-mp-england-football-players-taking-the-knee-nazi-salute/

liverpool

I wonder what Alex thinks about southgate's position on brexit?

By *L RogueMan  over a year ago

London

"Bump!

We're in the Final!!!

What a team!!

The knuckleheads must be struggling to overlook the common decency of the team."

Win or lose on Sunday, the national football team have shown us that things can be different and we can all be united. There were threats of boycotts earlier in the tournament and now those people are buying England tops.

It's fine. We have the debate on record so we won't forget.

Newcastle and Gateshead

And after seeing a lot of the racist abuse some players got on social media after the game you still wonder why people take the knee…

It’s vile and disgusting

here

It is vile and disgusting, and it’s still happening.

It will only change when a hard line is taken by everyone involved.

North Bucks

Absolutely wounded for Saka. Such bravery to go and take that pen when senior players stood by.

So good to see Arsenal players the club and fans alike bombard him with messages of support to try and drown out the racist c*nts. Pondlife one and all.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

The scourge of racism needs taking out of sport completely.

Social media platforms need to do more.

liverpool

England fans covering themselves in glory again

liverpool

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/marcus-rashford-penalty-natalie-elphicke-b1882464.html

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

"The scourge of racism needs taking out of sport completely.

"

Sport and social media platforms are not the problem. Our society is the problem, these things are just mirrors being held up to it.

Until we fix the problem at source, everything else is just a sticky plaster.

Sport and social media platforms are not the problem. Our society is the problem, these things are just mirrors being held up to it.

Until we fix the problem at source, everything else is just a sticky plaster."

I agree that society is the issue. Where do you start with it though?

Bang them all up? Not sure we have the facilities for that. And even if we did, it's not gonna change someone's views.

liverpool

I'm sure it's a coincidence that racism seems to be on the rise at the same time that a gmnt talks about getting 'tough'on immigration and compares an anti racist gesture to a nazi salute.

Bang them all up? Not sure we have the facilities for that. And even if we did, it's not gonna change someone's views."

The answers to most of these types of questions are education and leadership.

A culture flows from the top, be it a school, business or country. If our leaders fail to call out and strongly oppose this behaviour, it will continue, and even flourish.

The players decided they wished to take the knee to bring attention to this behaviour. Key ministers and even the PM failed to support this action by not robustly attacking those booing the team.

This makes the offenders feel they have support...

I'm by no means saying that lack of criticism cause the behaviour last night/today on social media. But I would imagine that some felt enabled by the leadership shown by government, tacitly supporting the booing.

It's similar to the discussions around misogyny, as soon as voices say "it's not all xxxx" it leaves room for the behaviour. Everyone at every level should be condemning, but more than that calling it out when it happens around them, down the pub, in the home, on the terrace.

We give these people too much room to air their objectionable opinions. Identify them, point them out, ban them.

They need to be shuffled back into the shadows, rather than being given sunlight in which to grow...

By *sussexyMan  over a year ago

Lewes

"

"

Education, but it's a long haul. And bigots and Old Etonians will need to be fought every step of the way.

Bang them all up? Not sure we have the facilities for that. And even if we did, it's not gonna change someone's views.

A culture flows from the top, be it a school, business or country. If our leaders fail to call out and strongly oppose this behaviour, it will continue, and even flourish.

The players decided they wished to take the knee to bring attention to this behaviour. Key ministers and even the PM failed to support this action by not robustly attacking those booing the team.

I'm by no means saying that lack of criticism cause the behaviour last night/today on social media. But I would imagine that some felt enabled by the leadership shown by government, tacitly supporting the booing.

It's similar to the discussions around misogyny, as soon as voices say "it's not all xxxx" it leaves room for the behaviour. Everyone at every level should be condemning, but more than that calling it out when it happens around them, down the pub, in the home, on the terrace.

We give these people too much room to air their objectionable opinions. Identify them, point them out, ban them.

They need to be shuffled back into the shadows, rather than being given sunlight in which to grow..."

Of course education and leadership are probably true correct answers.

We have come a long long way with a lot of issues surrounding race, homosexuality & misogyny amongst other issues. But they still exist. Education can take generations on these kind of issues.

They need to be shuffled back into the shadows, rather than being given sunlight in which to grow...

Of course education and leadership are probably true correct answers.

We have come a long long way with a lot of issues surrounding race, homosexuality & misogyny amongst other issues. But they still exist. Education can take generations on these kind of issues.

"

You also need consistency. Or good work is quickly undone.

liverpool

They need to be shuffled back into the shadows, rather than being given sunlight in which to grow..."

Spot on.

The actions of the gmnt have given racists legitimacy.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"I'm sure it's a coincidence that racism seems to be on the rise at the same time that a gmnt talks about getting 'tough'on immigration and compares an anti racist gesture to a nazi salute."
Even southgate acknowledges that its a small minority of England supporters, a lot of the abuse is coming from outside the uk .

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

Plenty of dickheads on both extreme ends of the spectrum, they all need condemnation.

"Plenty of dickheads on both extreme ends of the spectrum, they all need condemnation.

"

I'm sorry? How is racism a "both sides issue"?

It's exactly that type of slipperiness of phraseology that leaves room for the racists. Because they are "fighting the woke" or some such bollocks.

You either think racism is wrong, or you're a racist. Don't go trying to change the discussion without answering that.

"Plenty of dickheads on both extreme ends of the spectrum, they all need condemnation.

It's exactly that type of slipperiness of phraseology that leaves room for the racists. Because they are "fighting the woke" or some such bollocks.

You either think racism is wrong, or you're a racist. Don't go trying to change the discussion without answering that. "

Are you one of those who don't think that people who sit on the left side of politics can be racist?

You either think racism is wrong, or you're a racist. Don't go trying to change the discussion without answering that.

Are you one of those who don't think that people who sit on the left side of politics can be racist?

"

Where does left and right come into it?

This is a discussion about racists, where they sit in the political spectrum is irrelevant.

Either you condemn them or not. If not then I guess people can draw conclusions from that?

Which was my point above, this is not a two sides issue, "some good people on both sides" nah, I don't think so.

This is a discussion about racists, where they sit in the political spectrum is irrelevant.

Either you condemn them or not. If not then I guess people can draw conclusions from that?

Which was my point above, this is not a two sides issue, "some good people on both sides" nah, I don't think so."

This may be a thread on Racism but it's in the politics section. Hence left and right, 2 sides.

I mean I'm not positive but pretty sure that's what the poster was reffering to.

Which was my point above, this is not a two sides issue, "some good people on both sides" nah, I don't think so.

This may be a thread on Racism but it's in the politics section. Hence left and right, 2 sides.

I mean I'm not positive but pretty sure that's what the poster was reffering to."

No, politics is not about right and left, it's about how a society goes about making decisions.

We may have structured our parties in this way, but that's not the definition of politics.

But you are making big assumptions here then, with that statement. You obviously believe the racists to be on the right, and that there are also bad people on the left?

That was not at all the premise of my original post. I made no mention of the racist's politics, I don't know these people.

I mentioned that the racists seemed to be, if not supported, then (until today) certainly not outright condemned by the government. But again that is not explicitly a statement about my thoughts on their political leanings (but maybe one by the government).

I mean I'm not positive but pretty sure that's what the poster was reffering to.

No, politics is not about right and left, it's about how a society goes about making decisions.

We may have structured our parties in this way, but that's not the definition of politics.

But you are making big assumptions here then, with that statement. You obviously believe the racists to be on the right, and that there are also bad people on the left?

That was not at all the premise of my original post. I made no mention of the racist's politics, I don't know these people.

I mentioned that the racists seemed to be, if not supported, then (until today) certainly not outright condemned by the government. But again that is not explicitly a statement about my thoughts on their political leanings (but maybe one by the government)."

Whether you like it or not, politics on this forum is very much about left and right.

I do believe racists can be on both sides yes. Haven't ever said otherwise.

You didn't create the post we are reffering to, you were responding to Robka. Maybe it was yourself who made the assumptions in thinking you knew what that poster was talking about.

I mentioned that the racists seemed to be, if not supported, then (until today) certainly not outright condemned by the government. But again that is not explicitly a statement about my thoughts on their political leanings (but maybe one by the government).

Whether you like it or not, politics on this forum is very much about left and right.

You didn't create the post we are reffering to, you were responding to Robka. Maybe it was yourself who made the assumptions in thinking you knew what that poster was talking about.

"

It doesn't matter how people organise themselves, here, in parliament or around the world. That doesn't change the meaning of politics.

If we were to stick closer to that true meaning, and not draw lines around our ideas and "other's" ideas, it might actually make for better government.

There is too much "not invented here" thinking going on.

You'll have to forgive my assumption. When I directly responded to a poster, and you then mentioned "the poster" in your response and not the "original poster", it seemed clear we were talking about the same conversation.

But all the way back to my point. There are no two sides here (at least in a willing to debate the issue sort of way).

There are people who are racists, and the rest of us who should be condemning them. The "dick heads on both ends of the spectrum" comment that I was addressing, is a dangerous stance to take as it implies some defence of the racists, because people are not nice to them.

Personally, I'm very happy for people to be dick heads towards racists.

racists attempts to make their racism a political issue is now over. it's a moral issue. either you are anti-racist or you are a scummy immoral loser. end of discussion.

It doesn't matter how people organise themselves, here, in parliament or around the world. That doesn't change the meaning of politics.

If we were to stick closer to that true meaning, and not draw lines around our ideas and "other's" ideas, it might actually make for better government.

There is too much "not invented here" thinking going on.

You'll have to forgive my assumption. When I directly responded to a poster, and you then mentioned "the poster" in your response and not the "original poster", it seemed clear we were talking about the same conversation.

But all the way back to my point. There are no two sides here (at least in a willing to debate the issue sort of way).

There are people who are racists, and the rest of us who should be condemning them. The "dick heads on both ends of the spectrum" comment that I was addressing, is a dangerous stance to take as it implies some defence of the racists, because people are not nice to them.

Personally, I'm very happy for people to be dick heads towards racists. "

We obviously both took Robka's statement differently.

Until they confirm I'm stick with by the mentioning of extreme ends of the spectrum they were referring to left or right.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"racists attempts to make their racism a political issue is now over. it's a moral issue. either you are anti-racist or you are a scummy immoral loser. end of discussion."

Okay… if priti Patel said at the beginning of all of this that people had the right to boo takin the knee… and boris refused to condemn those who did…

And we know that the players did it to highlight social injustice…

They you can’t have them coming out today being holier than thou when you implicitly didn’t condemn in the first place…

I mean if more than 1 Tory mps immediate reaction to the abuse was to say that maybe rashford should spend more time practicing penalties rather than getting involved in politics.. it doesn’t really say much

a sex pest and a disgusting online abuser ... what a horrid couple the elphikes are

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

Only caught the end of it but I heard Boris condeming the abuse to the players on todays briefing

4 weeks ago johnson wasn't able to ponce off of the england football teams moral stance on racist abuse in the game. today he is attempting to ponce off the football teams fabulous achievments to further his own popularity. such a hypocritical, dissimulating, casuist

here

[Removed by poster at 12/07/21 20:32:19]

bournemouth

You either think racism is wrong, or you're a racist. Don't go trying to change the discussion without answering that. "

Do you have trouble understanding certain words. What is so hard to understand about "they all need condemnation" that's both sides of the spectrum, I'm against all racism in all its forms against all races,

Do you have trouble understanding certain words. What is so hard to understand about "they all need condemnation" that's both sides of the spectrum, I'm against all racism in all its forms against all races,

"

I obviously do. What spectrum?

Racism isn't a spectrum. You're either a racist or you're not. That's a pretty binary thing.

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

"4 weeks ago johnson wasn't able to ponce off of the england football teams moral stance on racist abuse in the game. today he is attempting to ponce off the football teams fabulous achievments to further his own popularity. such a hypocritical, dissimulating, casuist"

I thought condemming those people was a good thing

liverpool

Tyrone mings pointing out what massive hypocrites they are.

Well in Lad

liverpool

Racism isn't a spectrum. You're either a racist or you're not. That's a pretty binary thing.

"

You would think so wouldnt you?

Still true colours etc

bournemouth

"

Are you saying only those on the right side of the political spectrum are racist ?

he is saying you are either a racist or you aren't a racist ... it's that simple.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"4 weeks ago johnson wasn't able to ponce off of the england football teams moral stance on racist abuse in the game. today he is attempting to ponce off the football teams fabulous achievments to further his own popularity. such a hypocritical, dissimulating, casuist

I thought condemming those people was a good thing "

Let's be honest were talking about a person who has yet to apologise for using the words piccanninies with water melon smiles who now tells vile racists to crawl back under the stone they came out from..

Like wtf..

bournemouth

"he is saying you are either a racist or you aren't a racist ... it's that simple. "

So you agree that both sides of the political spectrum can be racist then, that's good we are as one on this,

i fefer to my previous, unambiguous, crystal clear and unequivocal post earlier ....

racists attempts to make their racism a political issue is now over. it's a moral issue. either you are anti-racist or you are a scummy immoral loser. end of discussion.

liverpool

"4 weeks ago johnson wasn't able to ponce off of the england football teams moral stance on racist abuse in the game. today he is attempting to ponce off the football teams fabulous achievments to further his own popularity. such a hypocritical, dissimulating, casuist

I thought condemming those people was a good thing

Let's be honest were talking about a person who has yet to apologise for using the words piccanninies with water melon smiles who now tells vile racists to crawl back under the stone they came out from..

Like wtf.."

Dont forget his comments about Muslim woman looking like post boxes

And now we have a woman who considered sticking immigrants on a island attacking people for not being tolerant

Splendid

bournemouth

"i fefer to my previous, unambiguous, crystal clear and unequivocal post earlier ....

racists attempts to make their racism a political issue is now over. it's a moral issue. either you are anti-racist or you are a scummy immoral loser. end of discussion."

So what's your view of Jeremy corbyn and his racism

liverpool

"i fefer to my previous, unambiguous, crystal clear and unequivocal post earlier ....

racists attempts to make their racism a political issue is now over. it's a moral issue. either you are anti-racist or you are a scummy immoral loser. end of discussion."

It's am embarrassing attempt at deflection

We had a right wing crackpot group visit liverpool and they were chased out of the city by various trade union/anti racist groups.

I'm fairly sure the young conservatives or the daily mail collective were absent however

liverpool

Ha ha ha ha ha ha

Crying here

Young men get racially abused on twitter and jezza gets brought into the debate

Suoerb

more alarmingly the woman you refer to, our home secretary, openly said that the people directing abuse at england football players displaying a moral stand against racism in the sport were entitled to direct their abuse at the players. she's utterly disgusting.

""i fefer to my previous, unambiguous, crystal clear and unequivocal post earlier ....

So what's your view of Jeremy corbyn and his racism "

it's obvious the crystal clarity of my post which you have quoted there is sadly lost on your repeated attempts to make racism a political issue.