FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Johnson

Johnson

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ionelhutz OP   Man  over a year ago

liverpool

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2021/07/politics-lies-boris-johnson-and-erosion-rule-law

A damming read

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Bet ya the people who should read this won't bother reading it.

liverpool

"Bet ya the people who should read this won't bother reading it."

Oh yeah it wont make the blind bit of difference but it's quite a frightening read.

The damage he has done Is almost immeasurable.

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

That is horrific reading and yet I felt it vindicated my own feelings. We are fucked if we don’t get these corrupt bastards out!

Authoritarian government is a soft dictatorship. The political challenges to the judiciary are bordering nazi Germany.

If you’re a Boris ( not Tory) supporter you should definitely read this.

Interesting how the new head of scrutiny over sleeve in parliament is one of Boris mates. Yet another red carpet path with nice border ropes to power. When will people wake up and see how bias and controlled our electoral system is.

liverpool

"That is horrific reading and yet I felt it vindicated my own feelings. We are fucked if we don’t get these corrupt bastards out!

Authoritarian government is a soft dictatorship. The political challenges to the judiciary are bordering nazi Germany.

Interesting how the new head of scrutiny over sleeve in parliament is one of Boris mates. Yet another red carpet path with nice border ropes to power. When will people wake up and see how bias and controlled our electoral system is. "

I think some of the stuff going on under the radar is genuinly terrifying.

Manchester

"That is horrific reading and yet I felt it vindicated my own feelings. We are fucked if we don’t get these corrupt bastards out!

Interesting how the new head of scrutiny over sleeve in parliament is one of Boris mates. Yet another red carpet path with nice border ropes to power. When will people wake up and see how bias and controlled our electoral system is. "

Obviously sleaze sorry

Manchester

Interesting how the new head of scrutiny over sleeve in parliament is one of Boris mates. Yet another red carpet path with nice border ropes to power. When will people wake up and see how bias and controlled our electoral system is.

I think some of the stuff going on under the radar is genuinly terrifying. "

We needed the EU to keep this lot in check! The power is all their’s now. Not ours the voters as everyone blindly believes, but it’s in the hands of the select few.

I don’t want to live under such control .

liverpool

They are untouchable

They dont even hide the shit they get upto as they have the press onside and a big chunk of the population dont care what they get upto.

Manchester

Yes the media bias and now the clipping of the bbc wings is slowly closing all avenues to the truth.

By *egoMan  over a year ago

Preston

Everything they do screams out corruption. Yet the voters still support him.

Like Trumpettes, you can destroy every argument with ease, a normal person would feel humbled and perhaps rethink their allegiances. But not this lot. If anything it bolsters them….

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

"https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2021/07/politics-lies-boris-johnson-and-erosion-rule-law

A damming read"

And from the New Statesman, of all places.

113,000+ Covid deaths (and counting) on his watch; for which he has - on more than one occasion - said he will take full responsibility.

Which, of course, he won't.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"Everything they do screams out corruption. Yet the voters still support him.

Like Trumpettes, you can destroy every argument with ease, a normal person would feel humbled and perhaps rethink their allegiances. But not this lot. If anything it bolsters them…."

he will remain in power until labour sort there shit out it’s very sad but true

liverpool

And like clockwork labour get brought into it.

liverpool

Like Trumpettes, you can destroy every argument with ease, a normal person would feel humbled and perhaps rethink their allegiances. But not this lot. If anything it bolsters them…."

A compliant media always helps.

It's no coincidence they have gone after the bbc and ch 4,look at all the anti bbc posts on here over the last year.

thornaby

"And like clockwork labour get brought into it."
if there’s no alternative ? Do you think torys will win the next election with starmer ?

Manchester

Like Trumpettes, you can destroy every argument with ease, a normal person would feel humbled and perhaps rethink their allegiances. But not this lot. If anything it bolsters them….he will remain in power until labour sort there shit out it’s very sad but true "

I think the media will decide if Labour is ok or not and my money is on no matter how credible they are the right wing media will slaughter them. The papers are full of how ineffectual steamer is at question time but they never mention Boris takes the piss and never once answers a question. That alone should be a screaming headline of incompetence and bad government but they stay silent. They want him in power.

liverpool

"And like clockwork labour get brought into it.if there’s no alternative ? Do you think torys will win the next election with starmer ?"

Do you live in a 1 party state?

The argument that you have to vote for a lying charlaton because there is no alternative is feeble

thornaby

Like Trumpettes, you can destroy every argument with ease, a normal person would feel humbled and perhaps rethink their allegiances. But not this lot. If anything it bolsters them….he will remain in power until labour sort there shit out it’s very sad but true

I think the media will decide if Labour is ok or not and my money is on no matter how credible they are the right wing media will slaughter them. The papers are full of how ineffectual steamer is at question time but they never mention Boris takes the piss and never once answers a question. That alone should be a screaming headline of incompetence and bad government but they stay silent. They want him in power. "

I duno if Patel goes on question time labour we be laughing all the way to number ten

thornaby

"And like clockwork labour get brought into it.if there’s no alternative ? Do you think torys will win the next election with starmer ?

The argument that you have to vote for a lying charlaton because there is no alternative is feeble

"

sorry I don’t understand

liverpool

Like Trumpettes, you can destroy every argument with ease, a normal person would feel humbled and perhaps rethink their allegiances. But not this lot. If anything it bolsters them….he will remain in power until labour sort there shit out it’s very sad but true

I think the media will decide if Labour is ok or not and my money is on no matter how credible they are the right wing media will slaughter them. The papers are full of how ineffectual steamer is at question time but they never mention Boris takes the piss and never once answers a question. That alone should be a screaming headline of incompetence and bad government but they stay silent. They want him in power. "

Starmer needs to go and labour need to focus on the fact that every word out of his mouth is a lie.

At some point,eventually. You would think it may sink in.

Manchester

I think the media will decide if Labour is ok or not and my money is on no matter how credible they are the right wing media will slaughter them. The papers are full of how ineffectual steamer is at question time but they never mention Boris takes the piss and never once answers a question. That alone should be a screaming headline of incompetence and bad government but they stay silent. They want him in power.

Starmer needs to go and labour need to focus on the fact that every word out of his mouth is a lie.

At some point,eventually. You would think it may sink in."

I tend to disagree Lionel . I think starter isn’t brilliant tactically but I do think he has general appeal which Labour need. Corbyn was too old like Michael foot. Both very clever articulate and probably very good for the country but to be elected in this shallow society you need to appeal to a tv low brow audience sadly. Starker has credibility and intellect. He’s also relatively young and good looking . To reach power or influence with a hung parliament is the first priority. He could that.

At some point,eventually. You would think it may sink in."

Tbf to Starmer he has tried, nobody seems to care about the lying,

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

Anyone see the Jess Phillips interview on this mornings BBC Breakfast ?

By *ebbie69Couple  over a year ago

milton keynes

"And like clockwork labour get brought into it.if there’s no alternative ? Do you think torys will win the next election with starmer ?

"

That's a fair point, we don't live in a 1 party state. We tend to always look to Labour as they are the largest official opposition. However there are other parties available so maybe they also need to improve and become the official opposition instead

[Removed by poster at 17/07/21 18:06:06]

liverpool

I tend to disagree Lionel . I think starter isn’t brilliant tactically but I do think he has general appeal which Labour need. Corbyn was too old like Michael foot. Both very clever articulate and probably very good for the country but to be elected in this shallow society you need to appeal to a tv low brow audience sadly. Starker has credibility and intellect. He’s also relatively young and good looking . To reach power or influence with a hung parliament is the first priority. He could that. "

I just dont see it.

He lacks charisma and passion..he should be cricifyimg every week but I've seen him have him on the ropes once.

They need someone with a bit of fire in their belly who is not going to get away with his waffling bullshit

Wow,

I tend to disagree Lionel . I think starter isn’t brilliant tactically but I do think he has general appeal which Labour need. Corbyn was too old like Michael foot. Both very clever articulate and probably very good for the country but to be elected in this shallow society you need to appeal to a tv low brow audience sadly. Starker has credibility and intellect. He’s also relatively young and good looking . To reach power or influence with a hung parliament is the first priority. He could that.

I just dont see it.

He lacks charisma and passion..he should be cricifyimg every week but I've seen him have him on the ropes once.

They need someone with a bit of fire in their belly who is not going to get away with his waffling bullshit

"

It’s difficult, I think Starmer does better at PMQs than Corbyn but people knew what JC stood for and haven’t got a clue about SKS . I think we have to give SKS a bit more time as I don’t honestly see a better alternative (ATM)

Manchester

Yes I’m agreeing with nearly everything that’s said but regarding question time I think Boris should e pulled up by the mandarins as he’s not adhering to house rules. PMQ wasn’t started to give. Apolitical speech it was to answer serious questions . Boris is making a mockery of our Parliament and that has to stop.

I’m hoping there’s a law somewhere to bring him to book.

The former speaker of the house Betty Boothroyd tore into his behaviour the other night.

But again empty words. We need action

liverpool

I never knew you couldmt accuse a fellow politician of lying.

Which is quite handy for that buffoon.

Even when he does nail him at pmq ,few few people actually care and it's very rarely reported in the media.

If anyone brings johnson down it will be someone from his own party.

His consistent lying and empty promises will 1 day catch up with him.

I think pretty much everybody knows Johnson lies routinely. A lot of people seem not to care. They don't seem to realise how malign his influence has been.

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

I would say the spell that the PM weaves over the voters is compelling and no matter his behaviour he provides a message which is positive. I think people like that more, the way it is presented, if he had a sombre and morose personality he would have fallen by the wayside ages ago.

In england we do have a propensity to go with the cheeky chappy type persona. Which he has in tonnes.

"I would say the spell that the PM weaves over the voters is compelling and no matter his behaviour he provides a message which is positive. I think people like that more, the way it is presented, if he had a sombre and morose personality he would have fallen by the wayside ages ago.

In england we do have a propensity to go with the cheeky chappy type persona. Which he has in tonnes."

Oh his schtick (is that how you spell it?) has definitely helped him get away with many things. It's crazy that more people can't get past it to see just how awful his tenure has been.

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"I would say the spell that the PM weaves over the voters is compelling and no matter his behaviour he provides a message which is positive. I think people like that more, the way it is presented, if he had a sombre and morose personality he would have fallen by the wayside ages ago.

In england we do have a propensity to go with the cheeky chappy type persona. Which he has in tonnes.

Oh his schtick (is that how you spell it?) has definitely helped him get away with many things. It's crazy that more people can't get past it to see just how awful his tenure has been."

Well its just the way of the world, people are happier if you say everything is fine and things are getting better, one less thing to worry about right?, rather than just laying out a whole barrage of problems, just something to stress about.

You wish you could blame these people, but people want an easy life when it comes to the big decisions. Absolves them of any personal responsibility.

liverpool

"I think pretty much everybody knows Johnson lies routinely. A lot of people seem not to care. They don't seem to realise how malign his influence has been."

Yep I'd go along with that.

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

The parallels with trump are incredible

Even down to their supporters knowingly buying their lies

And for same reasons

At the end of the day they are their liars and pushing through their agendas

It might be their agendas today but whos agenda will it be next,the pandoras box has been opened and their will be no going back

We live in the dark ages of lies

liverpool

"The parallels with trump are incredible

And for same reasons

It might be their agendas today but whos agenda will it be next,the pandoras box has been opened and their will be no going back

"

Without a doubt we are living in an era where the actual truth counts for nothing.

The tories just erase from history what doesnt suit them(their gushing praise for trump)

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

"The parallels with trump are incredible

And for same reasons

Without a doubt we are living in an era where the actual truth counts for nothing.

The tories just erase from history what doesnt suit them(their gushing praise for trump)"

After as mayor of london johnson lambasting trump when he visited,said he wouldnt welcome him there in case a london citizen had the misfortune of bumping into him

A man of true integrity

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS  over a year ago

Notts

its another wank circle lol i read in alien monthly that trump putin and johnson are all from mars... another damning read lol

and in the herald it said boris is actually a cat who belongs to mrs moffat at number 31.....

liverpool

Anyway...back on planet earth..

Cant bear Alistair Campbell but

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/brexit-news/westminster-news/boris-johnson-and-sado-populism-8136296

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

"its another wank circle lol i read in alien monthly that trump putin and johnson are all from mars... another damning read lol

and in the herald it said boris is actually a cat who belongs to mrs moffat at number 31....."

Manchester

"Anyway...back on planet earth..

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/brexit-news/westminster-news/boris-johnson-and-sado-populism-8136296"

That actually rings true and the blind supporters of Johnson need to start reading this stuff a bit more.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/brexit-news/westminster-news/boris-johnson-and-sado-populism-8136296

That actually rings true and the blind supporters of Johnson need to start reading this stuff a bit more. "

It's easy to be blind when that flag they're frantically waving flops down over their eyes.

Manchester

That actually rings true and the blind supporters of Johnson need to start reading this stuff a bit more.

It's easy to be blind when that flag they're frantically waving flops down over their eyes."

liverpool

That actually rings true and the blind supporters of Johnson need to start reading this stuff a bit more. "

He was quite happy to let 80 year olds die and the fan club still get their excuses out.

Let's be honest he can do whatever he wants and a big chunk of the population will cheer him on.

Its genuinely surreal.

By *uninlondon69Man  over a year ago

Lewisham

He was quite happy to let 80 year olds die and the fan club still get their excuses out.

Let's be honest he can do whatever he wants and a big chunk of the population will cheer him on.

Its genuinely surreal."

It's a cult and even though he's gone full David Koresh wanting to kill his followers if it benefits him personally, they're all still willing to take the risk or sacrifice their own granny to keep him happy.

liverpool

Its genuinely surreal.

It's a cult and even though he's gone full David Koresh wanting to kill his followers if it benefits him personally, they're all still willing to take the risk or sacrifice their own granny to keep him happy."

Its genuinly baffling how we got here.

Its genuinely surreal.

It's a cult and even though he's gone full David Koresh wanting to kill his followers if it benefits him personally, they're all still willing to take the risk or sacrifice their own granny to keep him happy.

Its genuinly baffling how we got here."

I'll tell you what's genuinely baffling.

This is the second thread you've said he wanted to let over 80s die.

The BBC have said he 'reportedly' said that. And you take it as gospel.

Are we sure it's not the 'anti-Boris cult'.

I've asked you time and again to show us the proof that he said such things and I'm sure he will be condemned from all sides.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

It's easy to be blind when that flag they're frantically waving flops down over their eyes."

Nothing wrong with a bit of flag waving ask the eu i see they are trying to get their flag into the Olympics now.

liverpool

Funny I thought this thread was about our intrepid leader.

Tbf it's been a few days since the eu has been show horned into a thread.

Makes a change from corbyn I guess.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"Funny I thought this thread was about our intrepid leader.

Makes a change from corbyn I guess."

It wasn't me who brought up flag waving just asking the person who did,that ok with you?

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

Its genuinely surreal.

I've asked you time and again to show us the proof that he said such things and I'm sure he will be condemned from all sides."

Makes a change from corbyn I guess.It wasn't me who brought up flag waving just asking the person who did,that ok with you?"

Unless I missed it, you didn't atually ask me anything above.

And I referenced flag waving as our "glorious" leader is a demagogue who frequently waves the flag to try and hide the many things he's fucked up and lied about. That seemed rather relevant on a thread about Johnson and his spewings.

You brought up the EU flag because... um... evil EU. Brexit. Something about fish and sovereignty?

liverpool

Makes a change from corbyn I guess.It wasn't me who brought up flag waving just asking the person who did,that ok with you?

Unless I missed it, you didn't atually ask me anything above.

And I referenced flag waving as our "glorious" leader is a demagogue who frequently waves the flag to try and hide the many things he's fucked up and lied about. That seemed rather relevant on a thread about Johnson and his spewings.

You brought up the EU flag because... um... evil EU. Brexit. Something about fish and sovereignty?"

I think they are missing the daily..ooh look what the eu have done now threads tbf.

Manchester

Its genuinely surreal.

I've asked you time and again to show us the proof that he said such things and I'm sure he will be condemned from all sides."

Cummings made the claim clearly and said others witnessed it. He also said there should be an enquiry now before these arseholes run off to non executive director territory. He claimed that if those witnesses were under oath they would confirm it.

Interesting how neither Downing Street or Boris have denied it. They just go on about more jabs and then more jabs.

The facts we have one of the highest death rates and one of the worst affected economies along with mountains of debt is never mentioned.

Its genuinely surreal.

I've asked you time and again to show us the proof that he said such things and I'm sure he will be condemned from all sides.

Cummings made the claim clearly and said others witnessed it. He also said there should be an enquiry now before these arseholes run off to non executive director territory. He claimed that if those witnesses were under oath they would confirm it.

Interesting how neither Downing Street or Boris have denied it. They just go on about more jabs and then more jabs.

The facts we have one of the highest death rates and one of the worst affected economies along with mountains of debt is never mentioned. "

I'll have to watch this interview. My argument has been with regards to the use of certain words.

I have no idea what that last sentence is about, it certainly doesn't have anything to do with Cummings' claim in that BBC article.

There's only one way...the other parties have to work together in an electoral pact...if they truly cared about democracy they should stop tribal politics and call themselves a coalition of decency...and draw on the 'one nation' tories. Our leader should be a person of integrity...what we have is a dangerous and spiteful child supported by a cabal of Ayn Rand nutjobs..act now before it's too late..Gilead is coming

Manchester

Its genuinely surreal.

The facts we have one of the highest death rates and one of the worst affected economies along with mountains of debt is never mentioned.

I'll have to watch this interview. My argument has been with regards to the use of certain words.

I have no idea what that last sentence is about, it certainly doesn't have anything to do with Cummings' claim in that BBC article."

The the last sentence… it’s Boris’ team deflecting from Cumming’s claims by his spokesperson saying we have jabbed everyone quicker. So not answering the original question or accusation in any way shape or form simply by ranting on about the vaccine. But avoiding the overall bad handling yet again.

The response was jabs never mind the dead, jabs never mind the debt, jabs never mind what I sad about fuck the over 80s .

liverpool

Its genuinely surreal.

I have no idea what that last sentence is about, it certainly doesn't have anything to do with Cummings' claim in that BBC article.

The the last sentence… it’s Boris’ team deflecting from Cumming’s claims by his spokesperson saying we have jabbed everyone quicker. So not answering the original question or accusation in any way shape or form simply by ranting on about the vaccine. But avoiding the overall bad handling yet again.

The response was jabs never mind the dead, jabs never mind the debt, jabs never mind what I sad about fuck the over 80s . "

Its telling the only thing they have denied was about meeting the queen.

Presumably because even the doffers would turn on him,if the fuckwit ended up killing her maj

» Add a new message to this topic