FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Dominic Cummings - 2nd interview

Dominic Cummings - 2nd interview

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Well, more revelations, seems pretty damming.. and sounds about right about boris and his now wife. Thoughts?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not watched it yet. I need to grab my flag 1st so I can make sure I'm patriotic enough to withstand any insults to the glorious leader.

Started it. Right at the start, Cummings claimed Johnson said (about himself) it would be ludicrous for him to be prime minister.

I can see I'm gonna have to wave my flag extra hard.

Early impressions. Kuenssberg is looking to smear Cummings. And Cummings is trying to be generally factual while slanting things to make himself look as good as possible.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

Given his track record, he is giving every indication of spi ding perfectly reasonable:

‘I think anyone who says they are sure about questions like that has got a screw loose, whether you’re on the Remain side, or our side.`

‘I think it’s perfectly reasonable to say that Brexit was a mistake and that history will prove that. Of course it’s reasonable for people to think that. ‘I honestly don’t know what sort of person you’d be if you didn’t have a view like that.’

Of course, he isn't a fan of democracy:

‘At that point we were already saying by the summer either we’ll all have gone from here or we’ll be in the process of trying to get rid of him and get someone else in as Prime Minister.’

Although he doesn't like BoJo much eigher having had a big hand in getting him the job:

‘He doesn’t have a plan, he doesn’t know how to be Prime Minister and we only got him in there because we had to solve a certain problem not because he was the right person to be running the country.’

He thinks a lot of himself:

‘I had a plan, I was trying to get things done, he didn’t have a plan… he didn’t have an agenda,’

Boris' text is horrible though:

"I must say I have been slightly rocked by some of the data on COVID fatalities. The median age is 82 – 81 for men 85 for women. That is above life expectancy. So get COVID and live longer.

Hardly anyone under 60 goes into hospital (4 per cent ) and of those virtually all survive. And I no longer buy all this NHS overwhelmed stuff. Folks I think we may need to recalibrate."

None of this "data" even came from the government. It came from the incorrect "Great Barrington Declaration".

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-covid-opinion-piece-telegraph-cummings-b1887234.html

Cummings is horrible and competent.

BoJo appears to be horrible and incompetent.

The bit about the queen... if true. Imagine the headlines that could have resulted. "Prime minister kills queen".

Watched the lot. Cummings comes across as clever, manipulative, arrogant and strange. Dangerous, too, in that he does't care about collateral damage when he wants to do a thing.

Kuenssberg really comes across as trying to pull off a hatchet job on Cummings while trying to steer things away from the PM's incompetence.

And reading between the lines and making a (semi) educated guess, I bet Cummings et al had been having discussions about replacing Johnson with Gove.

By *eanoCoolMan  over a year ago

wisbech

Interesting interview to say the least, also i think its quite funny how his words have been twisted one way or the other to fit the bias of the different media you look at this morning.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

Kuenssberg and Cummings were both instrumental in the greatest ever deceit of the citizens of this country.

It’s nauseating to now see Kuenssberg trying to prove herself as an objective journalist when ALL of the things that Cummings is saying were previously leaked by the infamous Vote Leave whistleblower Shamir Sandi who was completely ignored by Kuenssberg at the time.

As for Cummings - yes he is laying out more dirt on the incompetence of the PM, but really???? Yes, this is horrible stuff, but he is coming across as a bit of a nutter with an axe to grind.

The most shocking thing to me about all this, is that some people are shocked by what Cummings is alleging. For many, he is just confirming what many previous leaked news stories and whistleblowers have said and which some chose to ignore.

Perhaps they will also ignore Cummings? After all, even when you are told to your face that you have been conned, it’s still hard to admit it.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

He is doing these interviews for free yes ?

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Kuenssberg and Cummings were both instrumental in the greatest ever deceit of the citizens of this country.

It’s nauseating to now see Kuenssberg trying to prove herself as an objective journalist when ALL of the things that Cummings is saying were previously leaked by the infamous Vote Leave whistleblower Shamir Sandi who was completely ignored by Kuenssberg at the time.

As for Cummings - yes he is laying out more dirt on the incompetence of the PM, but really???? Yes, this is horrible stuff, but he is coming across as a bit of a nutter with an axe to grind.

The most shocking thing to me about all this, is that some people are shocked by what Cummings is alleging. For many, he is just confirming what many previous leaked news stories and whistleblowers have said and which some chose to ignore.

Perhaps they will also ignore Cummings? After all, even when you are told to your face that you have been conned, it’s still hard to admit it."

Yeah saw that about sandi.

Kunsberg is a snake, so his decision to let her do the interview, was quote surprising.

Personally I think it will make very little difference,those calling him a liar now,were most likely defending him last year.

Clearly his motivations and reputation preceed him,but that doesnt mean what he said is incorrect.

Right now,for whatever reason,Johnson is bullet proof,it simply does not matter what he does,nothing will stick,for whatever reason.

However an unnamed tory said to newsnight, he would be surprised if they are polling 30 odd% by Christmas which suggests they know something we dont.

"Clearly his motivations and reputation preceed him,but that doesnt mean what he said is incorrect.

Right now,for whatever reason,Johnson is bullet proof,it simply does not matter what he does,nothing will stick,for whatever reason.

However an unnamed tory said to newsnight, he would be surprised if they are polling 30 odd% by Christmas which suggests they know something we dont."

There were some telling thoughts that Cummings let slip last night, apart from the fact that Johnson is a complete idiot unfit to run anything let alone a country.

Cummings view on top civil servants is very much in line with what i personally know. In other words, a huge proportion of them are completely unfit for the job they do. In my mind, that is much important than a shit PM. These idiots, unless they get out and get better paid jobs in the city, are ACTUALLY running this country day to day. That's why we end up with a health service that dosn't deliver but cost 3 times what it should do. An armed forces that still costs 10's of billions and yet has no means to protect it's only 2 aircraft carriers. An education system that dosn't educate children, fails to motivate and ultimately sends kids away with no means of getting a job.

These things are down to the civil service, they take long term planning, understanding and commitment to public service.

Last night when i was watching the interview, Cummings said fairly much the same thing.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"Clearly his motivations and reputation preceed him,but that doesnt mean what he said is incorrect.

However an unnamed tory said to newsnight, he would be surprised if they are polling 30 odd% by Christmas which suggests they know something we dont.

There were some telling thoughts that Cummings let slip last night, apart from the fact that Johnson is a complete idiot unfit to run anything let alone a country.

Cummings view on top civil servants is very much in line with what i personally know. In other words, a huge proportion of them are completely unfit for the job they do. In my mind, that is much important than a shit PM. These idiots, unless they get out and get better paid jobs in the city, are ACTUALLY running this country day to day. That's why we end up with a health service that dosn't deliver but cost 3 times what it should do. An armed forces that still costs 10's of billions and yet has no means to protect it's only 2 aircraft carriers. An education system that dosn't educate children, fails to motivate and ultimately sends kids away with no means of getting a job.

These things are down to the civil service, they take long term planning, understanding and commitment to public service.

Last night when i was watching the interview, Cummings said fairly much the same thing."

It would help however if the services that you complain about had not suffered a decade of cuts from 2010 through to 2020.

"He is doing these interviews for free yes ?"

Because that's the crucial takeaway point from all this. The classic smears are the best, eh?

(There are far better ways to smear Cummings than suggesting he's dodgy because he might be getting paid a few quid for interviews. May I suggest for your next attempted smear you bring up his Barnard Castle holiday or his role in the Brexit leave campaign?)

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

The difficulty in his interview is that it feels like there is an axe to grind, which makes supporters of the PM feel that whatever has been said isn’t true.

So as much as he protests, the less credible he is in their eyes.

"The difficulty in his interview is that it feels like there is an axe to grind, which makes supporters of the PM feel that whatever has been said isn’t true.

So as much as he protests, the less credible he is in their eyes."

I think the problem is that both Cummings and Johnson are proven liars. So for most people, it's a case of which liar do you believe?

When Cummings whips out messages Johnson sent him, though,, it's hard to dispute that sort of thing.

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"The difficulty in his interview is that it feels like there is an axe to grind, which makes supporters of the PM feel that whatever has been said isn’t true.

I think the problem is that both Cummings and Johnson are proven liars. So for most people, it's a case of which liar do you believe?

When Cummings whips out messages Johnson sent him, though,, it's hard to dispute that sort of thing."

See a johnson supporter could claim the message is fake, then around it goes, for every claim there is always a counter, and on and on it will go.

Whilst we watch that show, it detracts from other stuff the current adminstration is pushing through parliament.

West London

Last night when i was watching the interview, Cummings said fairly much the same thing."

Long term planning is based on policy set by government.

The civil service carries that out.

I do agree that a lot of Mod purchasing is appealing, but there is not a military programme in the world that is run efficiently. That has to do with a lot of other things.

The NHS could be run better, but after reorganisation 7 or 8 who knows what's going on?

Much of this used to continue between governments because parties actually cooperated on at least some matters.

Then a specific government would at least ha e a coherent plan for its term.

We now have a group that ha e no plan for anything apart from seeing what the reaction to their latest leak is from the public and press.

West London

When Cummings whips out messages Johnson sent him, though,, it's hard to dispute that sort of thing.

See a johnson supporter could claim the message is fake, then around it goes, for every claim there is always a counter, and on and on it will go.

Whilst we watch that show, it detracts from other stuff the current adminstration is pushing through parliament."

Downing Street has not denied that the messages came from BoJo.

Whilst we watch that show, it detracts from other stuff the current adminstration is pushing through parliament.

Downing Street has not denied that the messages came from BoJo."

How strange. I wonder why that could possibly be.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Downing Street has not denied that the messages came from BoJo."

An inconvenient truth glossed over by the bj fan club.

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

He would have told eu and U.S. to sod off now in regards the gfa and border on in ireland?

How detached from reality can one fool be

And this is with hindsight of the realities of the situation

Haa

This is the political visionary that has your country where it is today

» Add a new message to this topic