FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Police Pay Freeze

Police Pay Freeze

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Reports that the Police have lost faith in Priti Patel over a pay freeze..

I think they deserve better...

No pay freeze for MPs

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

If you want a better police force, pay them better.

Pay peanuts, get monkeys.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

what police?

Chelmsford

"what police?"

The boys and girls in blue

By *orksRockerMan  over a year ago

Bradford

And NHS have 3%!!!

Chelmsford

The NHS offered 3%

Not sure they accepted it

"what police?

The boys and girls in blue "

havnt seen one of those in years, or do you meen the tax colectors who spend all the time on motorway bridges

People will vote Conservative.

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

"People will vote Conservative."

I won't, never have, never will.

"People will vote Conservative."

unlike last time you mean?

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

"Reports that the Police have lost faith in Priti Patel over a pay freeze..

No pay freeze for MPs "

It should be voted on by us, as to whether the MP's get a pay rise.

They might actually do some good, if that ever got in.

"Reports that the Police have lost faith in Priti Patel over a pay freeze..

No pay freeze for MPs

It should be voted on by us, as to whether the MP's get a pay rise.

They might actually do some good, if that ever got in."

i agree, but the biggest thing for me is that people are supprised that the mps, what ever party, are crooks

"what police?

havnt seen one of those in years, or do you meen the tax colectors who spend all the time on motorway bridges"

Wtf. Have some goddam respect.

"what police?

havnt seen one of those in years, or do you meen the tax colectors who spend all the time on motorway bridges

Wtf. Have some goddam respect. "

why, my car was stolen a few years ago, i rang 999, they said to ring the non urgent number, i did, they wouldnt send someone round, but kindly offered me a crime number for my insurance.

five years or so ago my house was burgled, same thing, not one poilce person came round, even i could see the dirty finger prints everywhere.

my girlfriend renued my car insurance one year and by mistake only put her name on it, i was un aware, i got pulled over and arrested, car impounded, 6 points, at the road side i rang my girlfriend who got the paperwork out and rang the insurance company, the insurance company said they had just renewed the ear befores policy, but for some reason my mane got left out, the police only stoped me as they checked my reg and only a woman was insured, so pulled me, other wise i hadnt been speeding or anything, car impounded left me on the roundabout at the next junction and 6 points, i sorted the insurance, took one phone call, went to get the car, that will be £350 please to release the car.

and you want me to show some respect, get real.

so no i have no respect for them at all.

i live in a busy town centre, and havnt seen a police man walking around what ever the time of day, they just arent there, so the scrotes do what they like, our local police station is even closed now, this is a city btw, nearest one is 20 miles away.

so forgive me if im not a fan

so you got arrested and then taken to the next round about??? got de-arrested very quick didn't you.

Sounds like you had excellent service. they did their job and gave you a lift.

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

More Crimes pay them less lol.

If only things were that simple

I’m not even going to comment on this thread

Chelmsford

"I’m not even going to comment on this thread "

Surely you just did..

By *icolerobbieCouple  over a year ago

walsall

Well there were calls to defund the police….

Chelmsford

"Well there were calls to defund the police…."

What's the point of them if they never turn up and can't be relied on...

By *arlomaleMan  over a year ago

darlington

"what police?

why, my car was stolen a few years ago, i rang 999, they said to ring the non urgent number, i did, they wouldnt send someone round, but kindly offered me a crime number for my insurance.

five years or so ago my house was burgled, same thing, not one poilce person came round, even i could see the dirty finger prints everywhere.

my girlfriend renued my car insurance one year and by mistake only put her name on it, i was un aware, i got pulled over and arrested, car impounded, 6 points, at the road side i rang my girlfriend who got the paperwork out and rang the insurance company, the insurance company said they had just renewed the ear befores policy, but for some reason my mane got left out, the police only stoped me as they checked my reg and only a woman was insured, so pulled me, other wise i hadnt been speeding or anything, car impounded left me on the roundabout at the next junction and 6 points, i sorted the insurance, took one phone call, went to get the car, that will be £350 please to release the car.

i live in a busy town centre, and havnt seen a police man walking around what ever the time of day, they just arent there, so the scrotes do what they like, our local police station is even closed now, this is a city btw, nearest one is 20 miles away.

so forgive me if im not a fan"

you should ask the miners if they are fans of plod as in the 80s when the miners went on strike the police goaded them by waving cash at them and shouting cheers lads keep striking we making a fortune in over time absolute cunts now they want more money fuck em

By *elshkinkyMan  over a year ago

south wales

"what police?

Got arrested for no insurance? Yep sounds legit

Unfortunately we are still living in a Britain thats run by the 1%

You get a political party thats raised from the people and run by a working class leader.

Thats when you will see movement, cause at the moment all the political parties available have their own intentions and agenda in mind.

All MPs should take a 3 year pay freeze till after this upcoming austerity.

Yes its coming! At the moment the Gov is proping up a lot of businesses. Once they switch that tap off there is going to be a lot of painful times ahead.

The police need a lot more funding, better training, less pointless paperwork and less box ticking. Not their fault, they are just trying to follow the rules set from above.

Personal opinion.....like the NHS, they are being set up to fail.

It's the people who pay their wages, you have an issue with....

Aim higher up the ladder!

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

There are very few subjects ever posted on fab that divide opinion as much as this one.

Everyone's opinions are mostly formed from their own, sometimes limited contact with a limited number of officers.

This combined with a generally negative press coverage and bias towards reporting the bad sides of the Police service whilst not mentioning the good ones also does not help.

There are crap cops, there are bend cops and there are nasty cops; but there are also some bloody good ones !

Yes out the bad ones; tell everyone who they are and why they are bad and throw the book at them, but the good ones deserve paying a decent wage for doing what is sometimes a shit and thankless job.

Not that i like every cop I have ever met, but i do try to remember that they DO NOT decide on prosecution policy (The CPS do) and they do not decide on sentencing (the judiciary do); and both those groups get paid a damned site more for doing nothing than the cops !

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

I have had my fair share of run ins with traffic cops. Some of them are jobs worth, who will happily enforce the law to the letter.

Some of them will come round to your house following a road traffic accident, take the piss out of your style of bike, share a coffee. The copper their hands dirty by doing a bit of spanner work, on my bike as I are battered and bruised from getting knocked off.

Im not a fan of the police, I've been a victim of burglary, and theft on two separate occadions and didn't really bother themselves much as to even turning out.

Got pulled for going through a bus lane once, elderly relation was getting upset as to his attitude arrogant lecturing.. So no, they don't deserve a pay rise.

Actually they should get a pay cut!

By *icolerobbieCouple  over a year ago

walsall

You’d miss them if the weren’t there.

It’s not a job that I would like to do.

People suggesting that they aren’t need is just plainly absurd.

"Actually they should get a pay cut! "

Try living in a country where you are beaten before you get to the station.

I've seen this first hand and been tortured under questioning myself so consider yourself lucky with the service you have here.

It's a horrible job, the police never get credit for anything just accusations when they are involved in wrongdoing. Yes some are crooked and nasty bullies but you get bullies in every job.

Be thankful it's not military rule

By *asycouple1971Couple  over a year ago

midlands

Can you run to the danger knowing you might die and not see your family again?

Can you knock on the door of a stranger and tell them their loved one has died?

Can you attend an incident and find something so upsetting that it will stay with you forever?

They are not perfect but I cant do that.

Him

By *ill74Man  over a year ago

New forest area

People moan they don't turn up for some crimes. And I get that is frustrating and annoying.

But if you pay rubbish money, how are you going tonattract people into the service. If ypu pay decent. You will have more police. They will turn up to your car being nicked.

I don't want to be kicked and punched and spat at. And certainly not for bad pay.

You want them to protect you and be there for you when it all goes wrong. But you don't want to pay them enough to do it.

You can't have your cake and eat it.

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

Humans are imperfect and fallible.

Police are human.

Ergo, you will get a variety of police officers.

Ironically, the system they uphold, the law, is full of rules and regulations.

That's almost a written manual of instructions which could be fed in to Police-Bot, your local AI Police Officer.

I love my job!

I’ve been in the force 20 years, I’m proud of my service to the public and that of my fellow officers

By *ohn8210tCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

Billions are being spent every week on a railway no one needs or is likely to use - why ??? HS2- it doesn’t even have any stations?

It’s not an anti hs2 dig, just common sense.

This money would be better invested in Services that everyone needs.

Chelmsford

"Billions are being spent every week on a railway no one needs or is likely to use - why ??? HS2- it doesn’t even have any stations?

It’s not an anti hs2 dig, just common sense.

This money would be better invested in Services that everyone needs."

Was it conceived so that Dodgey Dave could hand contracts to the chosen ones?

I dont know but common sense says it's a white elephant..

Video conferencing works

"what police?

why respect as to be earned not stopped and fined.

Someone for goodness sake shut this down

Chelmsford

"Someone for goodness sake shut this down "

Dial 101... They will shut in down in two weeks next Tuesday

"Someone for goodness sake shut this down

Dial 101... They will shut in down in two weeks next Tuesday "

Sooner the better Young Tom

Dial 101... They will shut in down in two weeks next Tuesday "

after they've eaten there donuts they will give you a crime number ??

"And NHS have 3%!!!"

"I love my job!

I’ve been in the force 20 years, I’m proud of my service to the public and that of my fellow officers "

By *AURA6969TV/TS  over a year ago

RUGBY

"I’m not even going to comment on this thread

Surely you just did..

."

yep they definitely did.

By *AURA6969TV/TS  over a year ago

RUGBY

"Someone for goodness sake shut this down "
why oh yes because you say so.

Chelmsford

What is the pay rate for a street police officer. Is in the 10s 20s 30s 40s or 50s

"Someone for goodness sake shut this down why oh yes because you say so. "

"so you got arrested and then taken to the next round about??? got de-arrested very quick didn't you.

Sounds like you had excellent service. they did their job and gave you a lift. "

gave me a lift of the motorway, they cant leave you on a motorway as its ilegal to be a pedestrian on a motorway, so they took me to the next junction and dumped me there, so no they didnt do me a favour, i know it was my bad for not being insured at the time, but i was unaware and thought i was, like i said a call to my insurance sorted it, they could have given me that option at the time, it was obvious that it was a cock up, one of the coppers said as much at the time, nothing else wrong with me or the car, not blaming them, they have targets to meet, bring back the bobby who has the ability to think about things and sort thing for the best for everyone, they are public servants afterall, the numbers of police is droping and the targets rising and the motorist is an easy target

"so you got arrested and then taken to the next round about??? got de-arrested very quick didn't you.

gave me a lift of the motorway, they cant leave you on a motorway as its ilegal to be a pedestrian on a motorway, so they took me to the next junction and dumped me there, so no they didnt do me a favour, i know it was my bad for not being insured at the time, but i was unaware and thought i was, like i said a call to my insurance sorted it, they could have given me that option at the time, it was obvious that it was a cock up, one of the coppers said as much at the time, nothing else wrong with me or the car, not blaming them, they have targets to meet, bring back the bobby who has the ability to think about things and sort thing for the best for everyone, they are public servants afterall, the numbers of police is droping and the targets rising and the motorist is an easy target"

I'm not sure what they really could do here. Maybe wait to see if your insurance co sorts it out. But what if youre on hold... How long should they be off the beat for ?

And while it was unintended, I'm happy if they pull uninsured drivers, targets or not. You can bet your bottom dollar the insurance co would not pay out if you hit someone.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"What is the pay rate for a street police officer. Is in the 10s 20s 30s 40s or 50s"

Police Constable pay scale:

Constables appointed on or after 1 April 2013

1st Sept 2020

PCDA minimum

£18,912

£21,402

£24,780

£25,902

£27,030

£28,158

£30,411

£34,950

£41,130

Chelmsford

It's poor money by any standards...not about what they do or do not do..

How can they survive on that..

"Someone for goodness sake shut this down why oh yes because you say so. "

By *nkforthekinkMan  over a year ago

london/fareham

Fuck the police!

By *ohohoWoman  over a year ago

Up North

"I love my job!

I’ve been in the force 20 years, I’m proud of my service to the public and that of my fellow officers "

Thank you for the job you do. Severely understaffed and under appreciated.

[Removed by poster at 25/08/21 20:27:53]

gave me a lift of the motorway, they cant leave you on a motorway as its ilegal to be a pedestrian on a motorway, so they took me to the next junction and dumped me there, so no they didnt do me a favour, i know it was my bad for not being insured at the time, but i was unaware and thought i was, like i said a call to my insurance sorted it, they could have given me that option at the time, it was obvious that it was a cock up, one of the coppers said as much at the time, nothing else wrong with me or the car, not blaming them, they have targets to meet, bring back the bobby who has the ability to think about things and sort thing for the best for everyone, they are public servants afterall, the numbers of police is droping and the targets rising and the motorist is an easy target"

Yep I have to agree, more money to be made out of motorists than catching burglars, getting the gut wrenching feeling when you think the police will be there after a theft or burglary like I've had thrn find out they csnt be arsed

But!... They can send a traffic car 30 miles to sit in a bus lane and rake in the £s

Did people know your responsibile if any burglars injure themselves if you didnt tske reasonable precautions to prevent THEM getting hurt and the police are on THEIR SIDE? and prosecute their victim?

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"Did people know your responsibile if any burglars injure themselves if you didnt tske reasonable precautions to prevent THEM getting hurt and the police are on THEIR SIDE? and prosecute their victim? "

I think it's the CPS who are on the crims side, police just have to follow the rules as stupid as they are!

By *aturegentdurhamMan  over a year ago

Stanley

Police pay freeze, Batman is not happy.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"Did people know your responsibile if any burglars injure themselves if you didnt tske reasonable precautions to prevent THEM getting hurt and the police are on THEIR SIDE? and prosecute their victim?

I think it's the CPS who are on the crims side, police just have to follow the rules as stupid as they are!"

The rules not the police.

By *ormorantMan  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

The Police don’t prosecute anyone and haven’t for years.

They gather the evidence , present it to the CPS and they alone decide if any prosecution is pursued.

By *haron1701DTV/TS  over a year ago

ormskirk

"I love my job!

Good on you- respect

Chelmsford

To be fair...the money is rubbish...why would you take all that shit to be paid peanuts

"what police?"

There is allways one that spoils it ffs.

"what police?

There is allways one that spoils it ffs. "

True though unfortunately, especially round here

"Actually they should get a pay cut! "

I think you should get a pay cut if you work for a stupid remark like that.

"what police?

so forgive me if im not a fan you should ask the miners if they are fans of plod as in the 80s when the miners went on strike the police goaded them by waving cash at them and shouting cheers lads keep striking we making a fortune in over time absolute cunts now they want more money fuck em "

FFS.. That was over 40 years ago. My old man was up there. Things have changed big time since then. More demands. Less of them. Very stressful. Just retired after 30 yrs. It's people like you that we don't need. Have some Respect.

"There are very few subjects ever posted on fab that divide opinion as much as this one.

Everyone's opinions are mostly formed from their own, sometimes limited contact with a limited number of officers.

This combined with a generally negative press coverage and bias towards reporting the bad sides of the Police service whilst not mentioning the good ones also does not help.

There are crap cops, there are bend cops and there are nasty cops; but there are also some bloody good ones !

Yes out the bad ones; tell everyone who they are and why they are bad and throw the book at them, but the good ones deserve paying a decent wage for doing what is sometimes a shit and thankless job.

Not that i like every cop I have ever met, but i do try to remember that they DO NOT decide on prosecution policy (The CPS do) and they do not decide on sentencing (the judiciary do); and both those groups get paid a damned site more for doing nothing than the cops !

"

Well said

"what police?

Wtf. Have some goddam respect. why respect as to be earned not stopped and fined."

You would not be stopped and fined if you had not done something wrong.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Did people know your responsibile if any burglars injure themselves if you didnt tske reasonable precautions to prevent THEM getting hurt and the police are on THEIR SIDE? and prosecute their victim?

-----

I think it's the CPS who are on the crims side, police just have to follow the rules as stupid as they are!"

It's not that they are "on the crims side" it is that they will not take a case to court that they think they might lose. As with everything else, it's all about the money and can't afford to prosecute anything short of a guaranteed win.

Cal

Dial 101... They will shut in down in two weeks next Tuesday after they've eaten there donuts they will give you a crime number ??"

You have seen to many American cop shows mate. We don't eat donuts over here.

OMG. How stupid can you be. If you had hit a car and caused an accident whilst uninsured which you clearly were the other driver or drivers would lose put. It's your fault for not checking sonething which is very important. Don't ever blame the police for they acted correctly and impounded your vehicle. Police action correct. You are just pissed because through fault of your own you lost out. I hope you are a bit more wiser next time.

And it's nothing to do with targets. You were in the wrong. Period. And they are not insured to give you a lift any where unless to get you out of danger as in this case off a motor way. They are not a bloody taxi service ffs.

By *hat BlokeMan  over a year ago

Harrogate

"what police?

Have some goddam respect??

Are you taking the piss? If not you need your head looking at! At best they are bully boys in uniform. At worst they are flaming criminals!! And don’t turn around and say “oh it’s one or two bad apples” because in my experience when four or five of them stand there watching one break the law they are all supposed to be upholding. Then they are all bad apples mate.

Scunthorpe

"what police?

Are you taking the piss? If not you need your head looking at! At best they are bully boys in uniform. At worst they are flaming criminals!! And don’t turn around and say “oh it’s one or two bad apples” because in my experience when four or five of them stand there watching one break the law they are all supposed to be upholding. Then they are all bad apples mate."

Spoken by someone with absolutely no clue whatsoever.

...and speed cameras haven't been run by the police for many years

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"what police?

Are you taking the piss? If not you need your head looking at! At best they are bully boys in uniform. At worst they are flaming criminals!! And don’t turn around and say “oh it’s one or two bad apples” because in my experience when four or five of them stand there watching one break the law they are all supposed to be upholding. Then they are all bad apples mate."

I think that you have gor confused with recent issues in the USA.

Our police aren't perfect. They're human after all.

However, in my experience the majority are doing a thankless job and do their best.

I have worked alongside local police officers on 3 occasions recently, and was very impressed with their professionalism and humour.

"what police?

I've worked with the police many times in my job and they have always been an absolute credit, usually stretched due to budget cuts but that's the government's fault, not theirs.

By *sBlueWoman  over a year ago

Up North

I’m proud to have been an p officer. Those that moan have no idea just how hard it is!

"what police?

is this real life experience ? I'm interested in what they (or the law breaker one) were doing....

Harrogate

"what police?

Are you taking the piss? If not you need your head looking at! At best they are bully boys in uniform. At worst they are flaming criminals!! And don’t turn around and say “oh it’s one or two bad apples” because in my experience when four or five of them stand there watching one break the law they are all supposed to be upholding. Then they are all bad apples mate.

However, in my experience the majority are doing a thankless job and do their best.

I have worked alongside local police officers on 3 occasions recently, and was very impressed with their professionalism and humour."

I am talking about UK police. And yes while they have not committed as many murders as their U.S. counterparts. Murder is not the only law that can be broken. If you want to stand there and tell me that I have not seen this with my own eyes. Then you know where to go. Good coppers are like islands in a sea of shit. And you can look back at the miners, where they were quite happy to beat up men that were fighting for their livelihoods.

Scunthorpe

"I’m proud to have been an p officer. Those that moan have no idea just how hard it is!"

Quite.

My husband's best mate is a police officer. It's not a job I would want to do. Those able to do the job and do it so well, have my utmost respect.

Scunthorpe

"what police?

I have worked alongside local police officers on 3 occasions recently, and was very impressed with their professionalism and humour.

I am talking about UK police. And yes while they have not committed as many murders as their U.S. counterparts. Murder is not the only law that can be broken. If you want to stand there and tell me that I have not seen this with my own eyes. Then you know where to go. Good coppers are like islands in a sea of shit. And you can look back at the miners, where they were quite happy to beat up men that were fighting for their livelihoods."

Good grief... that was nearly 40 years ago.

Times have changed.

I have personal and very recent experience that the majority are good people, and good officers.

"Actually they should get a pay cut!

I think you should get a pay cut if you work for a stupid remark like that. "

The optimum word being “if”

By *xhib12Man  over a year ago

Blyth

"what police?

But I bet you'll be the first one to dial 999 if some toe rag breaks into your house, damages your car or hurts someone in your family?

"what police?

But I bet you'll be the first one to dial 999 if some toe rag breaks into your house, damages your car or hurts someone in your family? "

SOS

Up North

"what police?

Gosh I must of been a bully, a criminal and a bad apple! Jeez give your head a wobble

Harrogate

"what police?

But I bet you'll be the first one to dial 999 if some toe rag breaks into your house, damages your car or hurts someone in your family? "

What? Phone em so they cannot come around? The only reason to phone the police is so that you get a crime number for your insurance company. Other than that they do nothing.

Up North

"what police?

But I bet you'll be the first one to dial 999 if some toe rag breaks into your house, damages your car or hurts someone in your family?

What? Phone em so they cannot come around? The only reason to phone the police is so that you get a crime number for your insurance company. Other than that they do nothing."

Don’t blame the police it’s the governments fault. What do you expect when there are hardly any officers out there. They have only one pair of hands.

Pay them less for all I care.. The liberty takers

"what police?

Wtf. Have some goddam respect. why respect as to be earned not stopped and fined.

You would not be stopped and fined if you had not done something wrong. "

There's profit in upholding laws that generate revenue! Plus motorists are an easy target while sitting with your feet up supping coffee while zapping cars

Plus a minimum level of policing, not bothering if too difficult to catch anything.

"what police?

Been there and the police i got seemed put out that id called them. I was already gutted but frlt worse after a visit from the plod!

The optimum word being “if” "

If?

You mean "if" they can be arsed to turn up

If they do anything

If they were helpful

You mean in that context?

My cousin is an ex police man and he left his job after the Sargent gave him a bollocking for booking someone for a motoring offence.

The Sargent didn't like it because he was his drinking partner

I think you should get a pay cut if you work for a stupid remark like that. "

I would get a pay cut if i was effective as them

To all you police bashers, let's see you do their jobs for a week...

Some of the arguments that are being put forward against them are not the police officers fault, they are policy.

They do a very good job in this country.

A few bad apples here and there but you get that in all walks of life

As for pay my 2 son's in IT are on £30k and £35k, which is more than a lot of policemen.

If?

If they do anything

If they were helpful

You mean in that context? "

No

Scunthorpe

If?

If they do anything

If they were helpful

You mean in that context? "

Appart from "your" clueless point of view, your comments actually emphasised the real issue. There are not enough of them, so there are too many occasions that are not able to attend less serious incidents. They are under-funded meaning that they are not able to investigate everything that needs investigating.

There is never a situation where "they can't be arsed to show up". A Sargent will allocate jobs to people according priority and availability. In many cases unless someone is in imminent danger, then it's low priority.

Chelmsford

"what police?

Spoken by someone with absolutely no clue whatsoever.

...and speed cameras haven't been run by the police for many years "

They do on my village...they stand with speed guns ..

Burglary not interested tho

Chelmsford

"what police?

You can dial 999 and still.no bugger will turn out for a burglary... And if they do it's a week next Thursday or if you have defended your home and family...then you are arrested

Scunthorpe

"....

You can dial 999 and still.no bugger will turn out for a burglary... And if they do it's a week next Thursday or if you have defended your home and family...then you are arrested "

That's because a burglary that has already happened is unlikely deemed to be an emergency.

Chelmsford

"....

You can dial 999 and still.no bugger will turn out for a burglary... And if they do it's a week next Thursday or if you have defended your home and family...then you are arrested

That's because a burglary that has already happened is unlikely deemed to be an emergency. "

To the police no.

To the resident yes...

Scunthorpe

"....

That's because a burglary that has already happened is unlikely deemed to be an emergency.

To the police no.

To the resident yes... "

And if they were properly funded, there would be someone to come and see you when you got burgled. This is a frustrating for the police as it is for you but most of the time, unless someone is at risk of immediate harm... then someone else will be a higher priority because there will be others who are at risk.

For me personally, I'd rather they stopped someone from being assaulted or worse than talking about my stolen TV or PlayStation... but that's just me.

Cal

"what police?

You need your head examined mate. 30 yrs a boy in blue and a bloody good one. Fair. Impartial. Liafs of good ones. Few bad ones.

Police are crown servants not public servants. They work for the crown and just look at how corrupt that institution is ..

"what police?

Wtf. Have some goddam respect. why respect as to be earned not stopped and fined.

There's profit in upholding laws that generate revenue! Plus motorists are an easy target while sitting with your feet up supping coffee while zapping cars

Plus a minimum level of policing, not bothering if too difficult to catch anything. "

It's people like you that boil my piss. Stand your ground all day holding a shield while bring pelted with rocks and bricks and petrol bombs. Spent many days at riots gone by. Fighting not to get stabbed. It's not all about tickets. You have no. Idea.

By *r Rubba LoverMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Does this mean they'll now be more open to bribes?

Chelmsford

Burglary not worthy of a police response..

Pack up.. go home...

Waste of council tax...

Sooner privatised the better...

"To all you police bashers, let's see you do their jobs for a week...

Some of the arguments that are being put forward against them are not the police officers fault, they are policy.

They do a very good job in this country.

A few bad apples here and there but you get that in all walks of life

As for pay my 2 son's in IT are on £30k and £35k, which is more than a lot of policemen. "

"what police?

Plus a minimum level of policing, not bothering if too difficult to catch anything.

It's people like you that boil my piss. Stand your ground all day holding a shield while bring pelted with rocks and bricks and petrol bombs. Spent many days at riots gone by. Fighting not to get stabbed. It's not all about tickets. You have no. Idea. "

I’d give up in here fella , probably feels like you’re back at work trying to get one’s point across with someone who hasn’t a clue

"what police?

It's people like you that boil my piss. Stand your ground all day holding a shield while bring pelted with rocks and bricks and petrol bombs. Spent many days at riots gone by. Fighting not to get stabbed. It's not all about tickets. You have no. Idea.

I’d give up in here fella , probably feels like you’re back at work trying to get one’s point across with someone who hasn’t a clue "

You are probably right. Waste of time arguing with some people. Cheers.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"what police?

You can dial 999 and still.no bugger will turn out for a burglary... And if they do it's a week next Thursday or if you have defended your home and family...then you are arrested "

You don't half talk out of your arse sometimes Tom. I know it's all got reaction.... The shock jock of the forum but sometimes it has to be said lol

I have had rare cause to call the police but the most recent time that I did about a man in my garden with a knife they were out almost instantly to deal with the live situation. Then later that same day another policeman came round to take my statement. The person was sentenced shortly after the incident and spent some time in prison.

The changes that the legal system and technology has had on policing over the last 4 decades or so has had a profound effect on how people see the police. These days rarely is a policeman seen walking the beat as such instead there dressed almost para military style driving around. In the past it was a local police officer who actually got to know their area and residents. These days you would be lucky if an officer knew the street names let alone names of local people..is it better or worse who is to say..the police have also been restrained in practice as well because criminals have rights, does someone forfeit their rights when they break the law ? Its too big a debate to have on fab we fear..add to that, the fact that recruitment requirements of police officers has drastically changed the police today are different to police many people grew up with.

Harrogate

"what police?

You need your head examined mate. 30 yrs a boy in blue and a bloody good one. Fair. Impartial. Liafs of good ones. Few bad ones. "

Okay, so may I ask you a couple questions? How many police men did you see breaking the law? How many of those policemen did you arrest?

"what police?

What? Phone em so they cannot come around? The only reason to phone the police is so that you get a crime number for your insurance company. Other than that they do nothing."

Absolutely not true. My house was burgled while we slept, they stole my car and other stuff.

The police were amazing with us, it took a while to gather the evidence but CID didn't let go of it. Successful conviction which led to a prison sentence.

I have also had a policeman give up his time for me when I had a breakdown, not going to go into details but he sat with me for nearly an hour just talking

Sadly he took his own life a few weeks later, couldn't fight his demons. I did cry a little because he must of been broken inside yet he gave me his time

I have nothing but respect for the police and never had a negative experience with them. My ex was on traffic and the things he dealt with were just horrific.

I think people need to remember that the police are human beings doing a job and be mindful of how they comment knowing that there are serving officers frequenting Fab.

"what police?

so forgive me if im not a fan you should ask the miners if they are fans of plod as in the 80s when the miners went on strike the police goaded them by waving cash at them and shouting cheers lads keep striking we making a fortune in over time absolute cunts now they want more money fuck em

FFS.. That was over 40 years ago. My old man was up there. Things have changed big time since then. More demands. Less of them. Very stressful. Just retired after 30 yrs. It's people like you that we don't need. Have some Respect. "

respect is earned not given, and to me the police havnt earned it, all my dealings with them have been bad, and im not a criminal, so sorry i dont respect them, i wish i did, but they have done nothing to earn it, quite the oposite infact

"what police?

Respect is earned

"what police?

What? Phone em so they cannot come around? The only reason to phone the police is so that you get a crime number for your insurance company. Other than that they do nothing.

Absolutely not true. My house was burgled while we slept, they stole my car and other stuff.

The police were amazing with us, it took a while to gather the evidence but CID didn't let go of it. Successful conviction which led to a prison sentence.

I have also had a policeman give up his time for me when I had a breakdown, not going to go into details but he sat with me for nearly an hour just talking

Sadly he took his own life a few weeks later, couldn't fight his demons. I did cry a little because he must of been broken inside yet he gave me his time

I have nothing but respect for the police and never had a negative experience with them. My ex was on traffic and the things he dealt with were just horrific.

I think people need to remember that the police are human beings doing a job and be mindful of how they comment knowing that there are serving officers frequenting Fab. "

well sorry it is true, i envy the response you had, but what i said is my experiance, yours may have been diferent, doesnt make it any less true tho

To be really hones it’s al shit to me mrs minimum wage and and every think from footballers in fact any sports really when you have some one savings life’s and some one doing a hobby there is a difference xxx

"what police?

I’d give up in here fella , probably feels like you’re back at work trying to get one’s point across with someone who hasn’t a clue

You are probably right. Waste of time arguing with some people. Cheers. "

im sorry, but all my dealings with the police have been not good, im sure they do do some good, but they never have for me, its what people see first hand that matters, i have family in the police, and they agree with me, its not the fault of the police, its the rules they have to follow

By *hongman1Man  over a year ago

Mansfield

"what police?

So to make that statement you must have encountered every single police officer in the force. If not, you must be taking the piss, if not, you need your head looking at.

By *nfin8yWoman  over a year ago

Newcastle-under-Lyme

I’m sure there are good and not so good officers like anywhere else in life but all those I have encountered have been very professional and supportive. I do know that I wouldn’t have their job if it paid double

"what police?

why, my car was stolen a few years

ago, i rang 999, they said to ring the non urgent number, i did, they wouldnt send someone round, but kindly offered me a crime number for my insurance.

It's not the polices fault that they are understaffed.... you bad experiences will be far outweighed by people with good experiences. Get a grip

Scunthorpe

"what police?

im sorry, but all my dealings with the police have been not good, im sure they do do some good, but they never have for me, its what people see first hand that matters, i have family in the police, and they agree with me, its not the fault of the police, its the rules they have to follow"

Often people have a bizarre concept of what the police do. If your house is burgled, you don't need a police-officer, you need someone to come and collect evidence (fingerprints, cctv, etc) to add to evidence from other burglaries. As a victim of a burglary you will probably benefit from advice on making your house more secure & possibly a chat with someone from victim support.

Where the police officers actually fit into the equation is the much less visible job of analysing the available data along with data from other burglaries with the hope that there is something useful, but as most burglars watch TV, they know to keep their faces covered and wear gloves so there's little real evidence to go on.

Also, a couple of people have said that they never see a "bobby on the beat" these days... maybe I'm just lucky, but I see them regularly. Last week we have visited 4 different towns, we saw at least one pair of "Bobbies on the beat" in each location. We also saw many police cars wizzing off with their lights blue flashing to respond to crimes.

As I said previously, most of the areas where people believe that the police are lacking are down to a lack of funding and resources. Maybe people should consider voting for a party that would invest in policing in the next election?

Cal

evesham

"what police?

im sorry, but all my dealings with the police have been not good, im sure they do do some good, but they never have for me, its what people see first hand that matters, i have family in the police, and they agree with me, its not the fault of the police, its the rules they have to follow"

This is like me saying all couples are twats because the relatively small number of couples I've met were twats (hypothetical situation, they weren't twats).

Scunthorpe

It's also interesting that those who hate the police so much are complaining about speeding fines... in my experience the only people who who are aggrieved by speed cameras are those who have got a ticket, and feel that "they" should be able to break the law.

The truth is, if people didn't speed and could stick to the rules of the road properly, then the police would spend considerable less time on dealing with accidents & traffic management and more time on "real police work".

Cal

"what police?

You need your head examined mate. 30 yrs a boy in blue and a bloody good one. Fair. Impartial. Liafs of good ones. Few bad ones.

Okay, so may I ask you a couple questions? How many police men did you see breaking the law? How many of those policemen did you arrest?"

None and none. What's your point

"It's also interesting that those who hate the police so much are complaining about speeding fines... in my experience the only people who who are aggrieved by speed cameras are those who have got a ticket, and feel that "they" should be able to break the law.

The truth is, if people didn't speed and could stick to the rules of the road properly, then the police would spend considerable less time on dealing with accidents & traffic management and more time on "real police work".

Cal"

Well said Cal. If you are a law abiding person and don't speed or be an idiot then you have no problem with them.

"It's also interesting that those who hate the police so much are complaining about speeding fines... in my experience the only people who who are aggrieved by speed cameras are those who have got a ticket, and feel that "they" should be able to break the law.

Cal"

Absolutely agree. Don't want the ticket, don't break the law. And having recently done the speed awareness I class myself in that category as well. Got caught, held my hands up and dealt with it. There were people on the course who argued with the tutor about various traffic laws, others making excuses, just get on with it I say

By *ltrMan  over a year ago

sheffield

Cal"

To quote my neighbours if burglars and thieves had numbers plates we would catch them as easy as motorists not say it's right but they said not me before i get all the hate

By *intage PrincessWoman  over a year ago

Herts

Cal

Well said Cal. If you are a law abiding person and don't speed or be an idiot then you have no problem with them. "

Totally agree with this.

I find it fascinating how many will slag them off but they will be grateful if they are broken into or if in an accident or similar.

I've friends and family in the job and it's hard , and long and some suffer after effects years down the line from cases and yet still get called names. Just show a bit of respect and decorum.

I admit I may be bias as I do have a thing about the uniform... my friend says I only like the neon because im of the acid house generation.

Harrogate

"what police?

Okay, so may I ask you a couple questions? How many police men did you see breaking the law? How many of those policemen did you arrest?

None and none. What's your point"

You have kind of made my point in your answer. And that’s the problem. Even worse that you are making out the police are all whiter than white.

If?

If they do anything

If they were helpful

Appart from "your" clueless point of view, your comments actually emphasised the real issue. There are not enough of them, so there are too many occasions that are not able to attend less serious incidents. They are under-funded meaning that they are not able to investigate everything that needs investigating.

There is never a situation where "they can't be arsed to show up". A Sargent will allocate jobs to people according priority and availability. In many cases unless someone is in imminent danger, then it's low priority. "

You've contradicted yourself! A sergeant saying don't attend this call for help sounds like they can't be arsed to me!

Your the clueless idiot!

Cal"

Thst is an assumption! Traffic are separate to the community.

Traffic police hsve a very easy time as to catching out motorists, nsbbing the odd obvious criminal.

Catching thieves and burglars is more effort for the same result

Cal

Well said Cal. If you are a law abiding person and don't speed or be an idiot then you have no problem with them. "

Wrong!

Scunthorpe

If?

If they do anything

If they were helpful

There is never a situation where "they can't be arsed to show up". A Sargent will allocate jobs to people according priority and availability. In many cases unless someone is in imminent danger, then it's low priority.

You've contradicted yourself! A sergeant saying don't attend this call for help sounds like they can't be arsed to me!

Your the clueless idiot! "

I see that you're the sort of person who resorts to personal insults rather than anything constructive. You apparently didn't understand the fact that I explained. I'm not sure that I can simplify it much more but here goes:

In a typical police control room, they will receive around 90 calls per hour. They have around 30 officers available but officers need to work in pairs.

Control looks at the calls that come in and assigns officers to deal depending on defined priorities (all dealing with live incidents)... at any given time, there ARE considerably more crimes than there are police officers.

The officers are managing a 25 Square mile area so travel time is an important factor.

So now with all of your staff deployed, you have three calls come in... one is a multi-vehicle accident on a major town center road, the second is a domestic violence incident involving a family with young children, and the third is a a family who comes home to find that their house was burgled... where are you deploying your staff?

Cal"

so wrong I've never been done for speeding for me it's there attitude not just traffic but normal cops and there we can do but you can't two face

Scunthorpe

Calso wrong I've never been done for speeding for me it's there attitude not just traffic but normal cops and there we can do but you can't two face "

If I have translated correctly, you believe all police officers have a bad attitude.

I don't agree with your opinion, but neither is your comment relevant to what is being discussed.

As a rule, those officers I have dealt with are excellent at diffusing potentially dangerous situations. This is a difficult skill, especially when they are under so much pressure.

Scunthorpe

Cal

---

so wrong I've never been done for speeding for me it's there attitude not just traffic but normal cops and there we can do but you can't two face "

Their attitude to what? It's fine making sweeping statements but you provide no examples or further information. The other comments on here seem to suggest that for the majority of people their exposure to the police is positive.

Also, if the traffic officers are not relevant, why are people complaining about the speed cameras. For me speeding is still an issue, because "normal officers" still attend accidents and other road incidents.

Cal

If?

If they do anything

If they were helpful

Your the clueless idiot!

I see that you're the sort of person who resorts to personal insults rather than anything constructive. You apparently didn't understand the fact that I explained. I'm not sure that I can simplify it much more but here goes:

In a typical police control room, they will receive around 90 calls per hour. They have around 30 officers available but officers need to work in pairs.

Control looks at the calls that come in and assigns officers to deal depending on defined priorities (all dealing with live incidents)... at any given time, there ARE considerably more crimes than there are police officers.

The officers are managing a 25 Square mile area so travel time is an important factor.

So now with all of your staff deployed, you have three calls come in... one is a multi-vehicle accident on a major town center road, the second is a domestic violence incident involving a family with young children, and the third is a a family who comes home to find that their house was burgled... where are you deploying your staff?"

A retort in a measured response is not resorting to personal insult, it's in a reply to one

Scunthorpe

If?

If they do anything

If they were helpful

Your the clueless idiot!

So now with all of your staff deployed, you have three calls come in... one is a multi-vehicle accident on a major town center road, the second is a domestic violence incident involving a family with young children, and the third is a a family who comes home to find that their house was burgled... where are you deploying your staff?

A retort in a measured response is not resorting to personal insult, it's in a reply to one "

You haven't answered his question.

Where would you deploy already deployed officers, in the situation given?

All im saying is the government have cut back on police, who are staffed by bullies who bully the public by policy.

Both as a hideous criminal by getting a bully police officer offloading his shit because I transgressed a bhs lane (fine : fair enough, but the ranting?)

Bullies with an attitude that id inconvenienced thrm by calling them out when burgled

The other posters are right! They're low grade bullies hiding behind a uniform

If?

If they do anything

If they were helpful

Your the clueless idiot!

A retort in a measured response is not resorting to personal insult, it's in a reply to one

Where would you deploy already deployed officers, in the situation given?"

After reading your remark about resorting to personal insults im not going to bothrr reading the rest of it

If?

If they do anything

If they were helpful

Your the clueless idiot!

Where would you deploy already deployed officers, in the situation given?"

Firstly, im privey to what's happening in the situation but would expect a professional attityde

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

the police can get by without any pay increase for the next few years to be fair. they need to support the country by cutting back on their excesses and tighten the belt so the more deserving NHS can have a well earned pay increase that reflects the sacrifices they have made for the country over the last 11 years years and especially the last harrowing 18 months. it would be a nice touch to thank the NHS by giving staff the perks that the police have enjoyed for far too long.

If?

If they do anything

If they were helpful

Your the clueless idiot!

So now with all of your staff deployed, you have three calls come in... one is a multi-vehicle accident on a major town center road, the second is a domestic violence incident involving a family with young children, and the third is a a family who comes home to find that their house was burgled... where are you deploying your staff?"

I worked in a met police control room last 7 years before retirement. Spit on. If only the public knew the truth

If?

If they do anything

If they were helpful

Your the clueless idiot!

I'm gonna hazard a guess at the first one. The second one could be seen as high priority too though. The third can wait however long is needed

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"the police can get by without any pay increase for the next few years to be fair. they need to support the country by cutting back on their excesses and tighten the belt so the more deserving NHS can have a well earned pay increase that reflects the sacrifices they have made for the country over the last 11 years years and especially the last harrowing 18 months. it would be a nice touch to thank the NHS by giving staff the perks that the police have enjoyed for far too long. "

What 'perks' are they?

Calso wrong I've never been done for speeding for me it's there attitude not just traffic but normal cops and there we can do but you can't two face

If I have translated correctly, you believe all police officers have a bad attitude.

I don't agree with your opinion, but neither is your comment relevant to what is being discussed.

As a rule, those officers I have dealt with are excellent at diffusing potentially dangerous situations. This is a difficult skill, especially when they are under so much pressure. "

that's good for you but not my experience

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

"the police can get by without any pay increase for the next few years to be fair. they need to support the country by cutting back on their excesses and tighten the belt so the more deserving NHS can have a well earned pay increase that reflects the sacrifices they have made for the country over the last 11 years years and especially the last harrowing 18 months. it would be a nice touch to thank the NHS by giving staff the perks that the police have enjoyed for far too long.

What 'perks' are they?"

the subsidised bar in cardiff central station that one of my companies was contracted to install audio visual and entertainment system in last month springs to mind.

"what police?

None and none. What's your point

You have kind of made my point in your answer. And that’s the problem. Even worse that you are making out the police are all whiter than white. "

I am not making out that they are whiter then white. I am going on personal experience of 30 years just like you are talking of your experience es. And assumptions. Sure I know if coppers who have been arrested and jailed for a number of offences. Show me a job in life where workers have not broken the law and gone to prison. The police are made up of all persons from all walks of life. Bad apples sure just like any other job. My argument is that most are hard working, trusting, fair men and women doing a job

That most would not touch with a barge pole. Most people judge the police on their own personal experiences and I get that, but some say "Fuck the Police", as someone already mentioned on this thread and its those that have no idea unless they stand post.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

Fuck the police and anyone who supports them,tax collectprs and nothing else

Some people are open minded and you can have a decent discussion with and some you can't.

Bitter over burglaries and speeding .... bet the officers wished that was all the job was about!

We can't do without you, thank god you're here for is all - even for the critics!

God bless you, be safe!

They’re all on tv driving high powered fancy cars, you can’t find one on the beat anymore, where are all the community bobbies that we all knew by name as kids

Scunthorpe

"They’re all on tv driving high powered fancy cars, you can’t find one on the beat anymore, where are all the community bobbies that we all knew by name as kids"

They are still out there, but there's less of them as the police is underfunded... a bit like education & the NHS.

We had a stabbing on my road last Friday 90 minutes for the first police to arrive, ambulance under 10 minutes

evesham

"They’re all on tv driving high powered fancy cars, you can’t find one on the beat anymore, where are all the community bobbies that we all knew by name as kids"

I never knew any police officers names when I was young!

evesham

"Fuck the police and anyone who supports them,tax collectprs and nothing else"

Oooh, you're 'ard

"We had a stabbing on my road last Friday 90 minutes for the first police to arrive, ambulance under 10 minutes "

Write to your local MP see what's happening to YOUR funds in YOUR area!

Be Pro active!

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

"Fuck the police and anyone who supports them,tax collectprs and nothing else

Oooh, you're 'ard"

never said i was,just my opinion just like you have one,see them do nothing round here other than pull motorists over,cant remember the last time i actually saw one patrolling anywhere in town,and why the oooo your ard comment?? Wont bother being insulting back will leave that up to the childish types xx

Chelmsford

They are too busy carry out the wishes of their masters who put the Politically Correct into PC.

The question with motorists versus burglaries versus bobbya on the street is probably one of both what we define as being the most important thing to focus on, combined with the cost of focussing.

Eg Should police focus on something illegal that is linked to over 1000 deaths per year? Many of whom weren't the ones breaking the law? And of so, how much time and effort should be spent on it...?

"The question with motorists versus burglaries versus bobbya on the street is probably one of both what we define as being the most important thing to focus on, combined with the cost of focussing.

Eg Should police focus on something illegal that is linked to over 1000 deaths per year? Many of whom weren't the ones breaking the law? And of so, how much time and effort should be spent on it...?"

Attitude when facing members of the public, if they're going to fine, arrest someone, then get on with it instead of doing the arrogant cop routine.

Dame as looking like they're bored while half heartedly dealing with victims of crime, i was left with the thought of what's the point, other than getting an incident number for the insurance.

Glasgow

"the police can get by without any pay increase for the next few years to be fair. they need to support the country by cutting back on their excesses and tighten the belt so the more deserving NHS can have a well earned pay increase that reflects the sacrifices they have made for the country over the last 11 years years and especially the last harrowing 18 months. it would be a nice touch to thank the NHS by giving staff the perks that the police have enjoyed for far too long.

What 'perks' are they?

the subsidised bar in cardiff central station that one of my companies was contracted to install audio visual and entertainment system in last month springs to mind. "

I'm not sure the entire UK police force has access to the facilities at Cardiff Police Station, and to be fair there are examples of subsidised services at NHS facilities, including the one I work at.

Glasgow

How do you provide any kind of service if police officers are required to walk the beat with significantly reduced numbers?

What happens when there's an incident that requires an immediate response? The days of a copper blowing a whistle to summon nearby bobbies are long over!

Chelmsford

"They’re all on tv driving high powered fancy cars, you can’t find one on the beat anymore, where are all the community bobbies that we all knew by name as kids

How do you provide any kind of service if police officers are required to walk the beat with significantly reduced numbers?

What happens when there's an incident that requires an immediate response? The days of a copper blowing a whistle to summon nearby bobbies are long over!"

But why? Bring them back..

This new lot are not fit for purpose.

Scunthorpe

"They’re all on tv driving high powered fancy cars, you can’t find one on the beat anymore, where are all the community bobbies that we all knew by name as kids

What happens when there's an incident that requires an immediate response? The days of a copper blowing a whistle to summon nearby bobbies are long over!

-----

But why? Bring them back..

This new lot are not fit for purpose."

If they just fund them properly then they could employ enough people to have more "bobbies on the beat", but the police that we have are doing a good job despite being seriously deprived of resources and numbers.

Cal

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS  over a year ago

Notts

anyone seen demolition man? where the cop has to read off a board what to do? ....

"I love my job!

Thankyou.

Without the police who would give us the crime numbers to make insurance claims?

Scunthorpe

"Without the police who would give us the crime numbers to make insurance claims?"

It's probably a civilian call handler/ receptionist who does that. It's not a job that really requires the quantity and quality of training that a PC has.

Cal

By *mateur100Man  over a year ago

nr faversham

The police do a great job, with little or no support from govt. They are paid sod all for what they are expected to do. Of course they're not all perfect, every barrel has a few bad apples but, on the whole, they do a better job than you realise under shit circumstances. All those on here slagging them off should be ashamed. You'd be lost without them.

"Without the police who would give us the crime numbers to make insurance claims?

It's probably a civilian call handler/ receptionist who does that. It's not a job that really requires the quantity and quality of training that a PC has.

Cal"

You’re not helping their case for a pay rise!

Chelmsford

They are overtrained in my opinion . We just a village Bobby over 6 ft tall who can put the local unwashed in their place.. it's bullshit that they are underfunded..

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"They are overtrained in my opinion . We just a village Bobby over 6 ft tall who can put the local unwashed in their place.. it's bullshit that they are underfunded..

"

Well volunteered, Tom. Off you go to enrol then