FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Marble Arch Mound

Marble Arch Mound

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

A temporary mini hill has been built by Marble Arch at a reported cost of 2 million quid. Supposedly as a novelty experience to draw back shoppers.

It looks... um... what's the word?

Crap.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Who stumped up the money for it?

Looks like a papier-mâché school project.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Westminster city council.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Need the tourists back rather than a plastic hill.

Greenwich or Parliament hill is a much better view of London and it doesn’t cost £8.

near ipswich

"Need the tourists back rather than a plastic hill.

Greenwich or Parliament hill is a much better view of London and it doesn’t cost £8. "

exactly.

I guess they decided what the country needs now to cheer itself up is a crappy little hill.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"A temporary mini hill has been built by Marble Arch at a reported cost of 2 million quid. Supposedly as a novelty experience to draw back shoppers.

It looks... um... what's the word?

Crap."

£2 million for that?

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"I guess they decided what the country needs now to cheer itself up is a crappy little hill."
yes and in London there’s a shock

"I guess they decided what the country needs now to cheer itself up is a crappy little hill.yes and in London there’s a shock "

Best place for it mate, have you seen the state of it

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"I guess they decided what the country needs now to cheer itself up is a crappy little hill.yes and in London there’s a shock "

It is. They seem to dump all their crap ideas and trial out shitty policies on us first.

£6.50 to climb the thing too.. nothings for free here anymore

thornaby

"I guess they decided what the country needs now to cheer itself up is a crappy little hill.yes and in London there’s a shock

Best place for it mate, have you seen the state of it "

you talking about London or the hill bud lol

"I guess they decided what the country needs now to cheer itself up is a crappy little hill.yes and in London there’s a shock

It is. They seem to dump all their crap ideas and trial out shitty policies on us first.

£6.50 to climb the thing too.. nothings for free here anymore"

You have to pay to use it?

Best place for it mate, have you seen the state of it you talking about London or the hill bud lol"

I like London but that pile of shit is just a pile of shit

thornaby

£6.50 to climb the thing too.. nothings for free here anymore"

ye like that 15 billion tunnel thing pity it wasn’t spent linking the major northern city’s tho that’s in need far more

thornaby

Best place for it mate, have you seen the state of it you talking about London or the hill bud lol

I like London but that pile of shit is just a pile of shit "

it just pisses me off the money that’s spent there and the south aswell

Best place for it mate, have you seen the state of it you talking about London or the hill bud lol

I like London but that pile of shit is just a pile of shit it just pisses me off the money that’s spent there and the south aswell "

Don’t worry, Boris has promised to ‘level up’ I hope we don’t get an expensive mound of shit in Manchester though

thornaby

I like London but that pile of shit is just a pile of shit it just pisses me off the money that’s spent there and the south aswell

Don’t worry, Boris has promised to ‘level up’ I hope we don’t get an expensive mound of shit in Manchester though "

like iv always said mate if he does t spend big in the north he be out next ge and in the boro we are used to having a big shit dropped on us we probs wouldn’t notice

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Who controls Westminster council?

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

I like London but that pile of shit is just a pile of shit it just pisses me off the money that’s spent there and the south aswell

Don’t worry, Boris has promised to ‘level up’ I hope we don’t get an expensive mound of shit in Manchester though "

you already have one,man citys ground

thornaby

Don’t worry, Boris has promised to ‘level up’ I hope we don’t get an expensive mound of shit in Manchester though you already have one,man citys ground"

pmslll

NW London

£6.50 to climb the thing too.. nothings for free here anymore ye like that 15 billion tunnel thing pity it wasn’t spent linking the major northern city’s tho that’s in need far more "

HS2 Gonna cost ALOT more than £15bn, way over budget already...

Should def be linking northern cities together instead of pissing money down the drain and wrecking the countryside.

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"Need the tourists back rather than a plastic hill.

Greenwich or Parliament hill is a much better view of London and it doesn’t cost £8. "

Primrose Hill has the best view and a song to go with it.

"Who controls Westminster council?"

Give me a T.

Give me an O.

Give me an R.

Give me an I.

Give me an E.

Give me an S!

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

The photos I've seen, i would be embarrassed to be associated with the project in any way. I've seen better looking slag heaps in Yorkshire. Best thing they could do is bulldoze it now and try to pretend it never happened.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Who controls Westminster council?

Give me a T.

Give me an O.

Give me an R.

Give me an I.

Give me an E.

Give me an S!"

Well I'm sure if labour council had spent such a sum,our resident conservative collective, would have just as little to say.

near ipswich

Give me a T.

Give me an O.

Give me an R.

Give me an I.

Give me an E.

Give me an S!

Well I'm sure if labour council had spent such a sum,our resident conservative collective, would have just as little to say."

If i was living in the borough i would be asking questions why this money has been spent at a time when there are no tourists from the USA or china after all they are the only ones who would pay .

All people are not like you mate and blindly follow a party.

Oh for gawds sake now it's a whinge about a local council trying to encourage tourism by installing an 'attraction' to generate recovery of the borough that local people and business will benefit from.

Don’t worry, Boris has promised to ‘level up’ I hope we don’t get an expensive mound of shit in Manchester though you already have one,man citys ground"

Is that the home of the league champions?

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"The photos I've seen, i would be embarrassed to be associated with the project in any way. I've seen better looking slag heaps in Yorkshire. Best thing they could do is bulldoze it now and try to pretend it never happened."

TBF, it looks nothing like the cgi images of what it should look like. According to the Dutch designers, the hot weather has stunted the foilage and greenery growth.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"The photos I've seen, i would be embarrassed to be associated with the project in any way. I've seen better looking slag heaps in Yorkshire. Best thing they could do is bulldoze it now and try to pretend it never happened.

TBF, it looks nothing like the cgi images of what it should look like. According to the Dutch designers, the hot weather has stunted the foilage and greenery growth. "

The real embarrassment is that anybody ever thought that a pile of muck at the corner of Hyde Park could ever be a tourist attraction, still less that they would pay money to climb said pile of muck. Marble Arch is a tourist attraction. Hyde Park is a tourist attraction. Oxford Street is a tourist attraction. Not one of these has been improved in any way by somebody dumping a few hundred tons of muck next to the arch - in fact the muck seriously detracts from the attraction of the arch.

As for the CGI images... Somebody waved around a few pretty pictures and promised magic beans in exchange for a cow... It's pantomime level gullibility.

The hot weather has stunted the growth Wait until we get 10 days continuous rain and all the muck descends into a landslide.

Maybe a hill might be a novelty to someone that had only ever lived in Norfolk or Holland, but everyone that has ever seen a real hill or mountain is just laughing at this.

NW London

Give me a T.

Give me an O.

Give me an R.

Give me an I.

Give me an E.

Give me an S!

Well I'm sure if labour council had spent such a sum,our resident conservative collective, would have just as little to say."

Doesn't Sadiq have a say in what gets built? Seem to remember he was all in for it?

borehamwood

"The photos I've seen, i would be embarrassed to be associated with the project in any way. I've seen better looking slag heaps in Yorkshire. Best thing they could do is bulldoze it now and try to pretend it never happened.

TBF, it looks nothing like the cgi images of what it should look like. According to the Dutch designers, the hot weather has stunted the foilage and greenery growth.

The real embarrassment is that anybody ever thought that a pile of muck at the corner of Hyde Park could ever be a tourist attraction, still less that they would pay money to climb said pile of muck. Marble Arch is a tourist attraction. Hyde Park is a tourist attraction. Oxford Street is a tourist attraction. Not one of these has been improved in any way by somebody dumping a few hundred tons of muck next to the arch - in fact the muck seriously detracts from the attraction of the arch.

As for the CGI images... Somebody waved around a few pretty pictures and promised magic beans in exchange for a cow... It's pantomime level gullibility.

The hot weather has stunted the growth Wait until we get 10 days continuous rain and all the muck descends into a landslide.

Maybe a hill might be a novelty to someone that had only ever lived in Norfolk or Holland, but everyone that has ever seen a real hill or mountain is just laughing at this."

u do realise there is no muck involved dont you?if you look at how its built it just scaffold underneath it,btw i think its a waste of money but luckily im no longer living in a london borough so its not costing me a penny

borehamwood

Don’t worry, Boris has promised to ‘level up’ I hope we don’t get an expensive mound of shit in Manchester though you already have one,man citys ground

Is that the home of the league champions? "

may be league champions but still a crappy looking stadium

near ipswich

Maybe a hill might be a novelty to someone that had only ever lived in Norfolk or Holland, but everyone that has ever seen a real hill or mountain is just laughing at this.u do realise there is no muck involved dont you?if you look at how its built it just scaffold underneath it,btw i think its a waste of money but luckily im no longer living in a london borough so its not costing me a penny"

Obviously not but i guess some dont let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Don’t worry, Boris has promised to ‘level up’ I hope we don’t get an expensive mound of shit in Manchester though you already have one,man citys ground

Is that the home of the league champions? may be league champions but still a crappy looking stadium "

How many times have you been to the home of the league champions?

near ipswich

Is that the home of the league champions? may be league champions but still a crappy looking stadium

How many times have you been to the home of the league champions? "

Its a pretty crap stadium compared to spurs

Is that the home of the league champions? may be league champions but still a crappy looking stadium

How many times have you been to the home of the league champions? Its a pretty crap stadium compared to spurs "

It is, it’s just a shame Spurs are such a shite team,

borehamwood

How many times have you been to the home of the league champions? "

three times

How many times have you been to the home of the league champions? three times "

Well done, do you get a trophy for having the best stadium? Of relegated for having the worst?

thornaby

£6.50 to climb the thing too.. nothings for free here anymore ye like that 15 billion tunnel thing pity it wasn’t spent linking the major northern city’s tho that’s in need far more

Should def be linking northern cities together instead of pissing money down the drain and wrecking the countryside.

"

yet your spot on there mate hs2 what a fucking waste of money for a 20minute saving wtf

£6.50 to climb the thing too.. nothings for free here anymore ye like that 15 billion tunnel thing pity it wasn’t spent linking the major northern city’s tho that’s in need far more

yet your spot on there mate hs2 what a fucking waste of money for a 20minute saving wtf"

HS2 is a ludicrous waste of money.

Wait. I agreed with foxy about something. I need to go and lie down.

thornaby

yet your spot on there mate hs2 what a fucking waste of money for a 20minute saving wtf

HS2 is a ludicrous waste of money.

Wait. I agreed with foxy about something. I need to go and lie down."

pmsl

borehamwood

How many times have you been to the home of the league champions? three times

Well done, do you get a trophy for having the best stadium? Of relegated for having the worst? "

i think you know you dont.wont be visiting the etihad or any other ground from now on though.not watched a game of football since it came back after lockdown with no fans in the grounds i suddenly realised how unintresting it was,managed to get through the whole of the euros without seeing a single game,england or any other country

Enjoyed every minute of the Euros - Second-best team in Europe. Just what we all needed (other than a double vax )

Best European Country (so far for Medals) in Tokyo too.

We are on a roll

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

Looks like London is going downhill.

Great history but it's lost it's sparkle.

I don't think I'll be visiting it in my lifetime.

It’s a shit hole around there anyway , with people camping out and litter everywhere,

borehamwood

"It’s a shit hole around there anyway , with people camping out and litter everywhere, "

Lol. Just watched a news video covering it. Hilarious stuff

» Add a new message to this topic