FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Cummings in Ullapool

Cummings in Ullapool

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ande11 OP   Man  over a year ago

minehead

Its been reported that he had robust debate with restaurant staff about Brexit/government etc.etc after staff being unhappy of him dining there...Fair play to both sides...perhaps more MP's/politicos should be button-holed/accosted about the shamefull state of British politics....Discuss....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

"Its been reported that he had robust debate with restaurant staff about Brexit/government etc.etc after staff being unhappy of him dining there...Fair play to both sides...perhaps more MP's/politicos should be button-holed/accosted about the shamefull state of British politics....Discuss.... "

Would loved to have been there and heard about the supposed benefits of Brexit from him.

minehead

"Its been reported that he had robust debate with restaurant staff about Brexit/government etc.etc after staff being unhappy of him dining there...Fair play to both sides...perhaps more MP's/politicos should be button-holed/accosted about the shamefull state of British politics....Discuss....

Would loved to have been there and heard about the supposed benefits of Brexit from him. "

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Did he park the £350m Brexit bus in the restaurant carpark ?

minehead

Exactly this...Oh to have been a fly on the wall

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"Its been reported that he had robust debate with restaurant staff about Brexit/government etc.etc after staff being unhappy of him dining there...Fair play to both sides...perhaps more MP's/politicos should be button-holed/accosted about the shamefull state of British politics....Discuss.... "

So he’s not allowed to go and have a peaceful meal without having his meal spoilt by twats who are there to serve him then ?

I’m not a fan of his but they are there to pro it’s service

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Reports are that the serving staff were unhappy with him being there but he wasnt refused service.

He then returned on a pre-arranged visit to talk and debate with the serving staff. Robust views were exchanged and there was no animosity when he and his family returned the next day for dinner.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Surely it wouldn't be legal to deny admittance to someone because they lead the Brexit campaign

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"Surely it wouldn't be legal to deny admittance to someone because they lead the Brexit campaign "
They didnt deny him the owner served him the 1st time as staff didnt want to, after talking to him he went back again and the staff did serve him.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"Surely it wouldn't be legal to deny admittance to someone because they lead the Brexit campaign "

It would be illegal to deny him service just because of his political persuasion.

By *ony 2016Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

[Removed by poster at 25/08/21 14:49:20]

By *ony 2016Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

Cummings talks to restaurant staff in the same week that Farage advises Rees Mogg not to visit Brixham

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Surely it wouldn't be legal to deny admittance to someone because they lead the Brexit campaign

It would be illegal to deny him service just because of his political persuasion. "

Is it?

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

"Is it? "

doubtful

"Is it?

doubtful

"

Very doubtful, it isn’t a protected characteristic

"Surely it wouldn't be legal to deny admittance to someone because they lead the Brexit campaign

It would be illegal to deny him service just because of his political persuasion.

Is it? "

I don't know the answer, however...

A recent Employment Appeal Tribunal (EAT) case, GMB v Henderson, has confirmed that the Equality Act 2010 (EqA) affords protection from discrimination relating to philosophical/political beliefs.

I would assume this also could be the case outside of the workplace being that the Equality Act 2010 is cited

By *rystal Tipps - AlistairCouple  over a year ago

livingston

He can be refused service as this is at the discretion of staff and management on and in licensed premises in Scotland, you do not need any excuse as to why you are not going to serve a person.

"He can be refused service as this is at the discretion of staff and management on and in licensed premises in Scotland, you do not need any excuse as to why you are not going to serve a person."

The Herald seem to think they could've been prosecuted under hate crime legislation.

"He can be refused service as this is at the discretion of staff and management on and in licensed premises in Scotland, you do not need any excuse as to why you are not going to serve a person.

The Herald seem to think they could've been prosecuted under hate crime legislation."

Hate crime?

"He can be refused service as this is at the discretion of staff and management on and in licensed premises in Scotland, you do not need any excuse as to why you are not going to serve a person.

The Herald seem to think they could've been prosecuted under hate crime legislation.

Hate crime? "

According to SNP legislation. You can laugh all you like but being that The Herald said it (they also own The National, SNP's biggest supporter) I'm gonna hazard a guess that they know what they're talking about.

Hate crime?

According to SNP legislation. You can laugh all you like but being that The Herald said it (they also own The National, SNP's biggest supporter) I'm gonna hazard a guess that they know what they're talking about."

Hate crime? Hilarious

Hate crime?

According to SNP legislation. You can laugh all you like but being that The Herald said it (they also own The National, SNP's biggest supporter) I'm gonna hazard a guess that they know what they're talking about.

Hate crime? Hilarious "

I see you haven't improved your level of debate anytime lately.

Can you prove it isn't a hate crime? I've already provided a newspapers view aswell as a recent tribunal's outcome.

Or is it just gonna continue to be your usual playground tactics?

Hate crime?

Hate crime? Hilarious

Can you prove it isn't a hate crime? I've already provided a newspapers view aswell as a recent tribunal's outcome.

Or is it just gonna continue to be your usual playground tactics?"

Do you think it is a hate crime ?

Hate crime?

Hate crime? Hilarious

Do you think it is a hate crime ? "

It doesn't matter what I think, I don't make the laws.

Hate crime?

Hate crime? Hilarious

It doesn't matter what I think, I don't make the laws."

Let me know when it goes to court

Hate crime?

Hate crime? Hilarious

Let me know when it goes to court "

Who said it was going to court?

The Herald said they could be prosecuted under Hate Crime Legislation. Not that they were being. Learn to read will you.

near ipswich

back to the kindergarten i see ,hoildays must be over.

Hate crime?

Hate crime? Hilarious

The Herald said they could be prosecuted under Hate Crime Legislation. Not that they were being. Learn to read will you."

Could ? I think we should stick to facts , not if, buts and maybes, give me a shout when it goes to court

Hate crime?

Hate crime? Hilarious

The Herald said they could be prosecuted under Hate Crime Legislation. Not that they were being. Learn to read will you.

Could ? I think we should stick to facts , not if, buts and maybes, give me a shout when it goes to court "

The facts are that staff refused to serve him and he could have chosen to prosecute but chose not to make it a problem.

Are you disputing the precedent set? You are aware the precedents are used in law aren't you?

Hate crime?

Hate crime? Hilarious

Could ? I think we should stick to facts , not if, buts and maybes, give me a shout when it goes to court

The facts are that staff refused to serve him and he could have chosen to prosecute but chose not to make it a problem.

Are you disputing the precedent set? You are aware the precedents are used in law aren't you?"

That’s correct,

Hate crime?

Hate crime? Hilarious

Are you disputing the precedent set? You are aware the precedents are used in law aren't you?

That’s correct, "

So you'll agree that political beliefs are a protected characteristic citing the precedent set?

Hate crime?

Hate crime? Hilarious

That’s correct,

So you'll agree that political beliefs are a protected characteristic citing the precedent set?"

Can you prove that Cummings wasn’t served because of his ‘political beliefs’ ? The restaurant staff who refused might have just thought he was a cunt , is being a cunt a protected characteristic?

near ipswich

Hate crime?

Hate crime? Hilarious

Could ? I think we should stick to facts , not if, buts and maybes, give me a shout when it goes to court "

Why would it go to court? when he was served.

Hate crime?

Hate crime? Hilarious

That’s correct,

So you'll agree that political beliefs are a protected characteristic citing the precedent set?

Can you prove that Cummings wasn’t served because of his ‘political beliefs’ ? The restaurant staff who refused might have just thought he was a cunt , is being a cunt a protected characteristic? "

I'd like to refer you to your earlier comment

'Very doubtful, it isn’t a protected characteristic'

Hate crime?

Hate crime? Hilarious

That’s correct,

Can you prove that Cummings wasn’t served because of his ‘political beliefs’ ? The restaurant staff who refused might have just thought he was a cunt , is being a cunt a protected characteristic?

"

It isn’t, for example, if I called a conservative voter a ‘Tory wanker’ would that be classed as hate speech that ‘could ‘ lead to prosecution? Discuss

Hate crime?

Hate crime? Hilarious

Could ? I think we should stick to facts , not if, buts and maybes, give me a shout when it goes to court Why would it go to court? when he was served. "

No idea, why ‘could ‘ it be a hate crime? When he was served

Hate crime?

Hate crime? Hilarious

That’s correct,

It isn’t, for example, if I called a conservative voter a ‘Tory wanker’ would that be classed as hate speech that ‘could ‘ lead to prosecution? Discuss "

Hate speech is different to discrimination. I see you want to agree that a precedent has been set but refuse to admit it.

Maybe the judge got the law wrong. He/She clearly doesn't know as much as you do.

Hate crime?

Hate crime? Hilarious

That’s correct,

It isn’t, for example, if I called a conservative voter a ‘Tory wanker’ would that be classed as hate speech that ‘could ‘ lead to prosecution? Discuss

Hate speech is different to discrimination. I see you want to agree that a precedent has been set but refuse to admit it.

Maybe the judge got the law wrong. He/She clearly doesn't know as much as you do."

Show me this ‘precedent ‘ , I am guessing it must be a very similar case to the one involving Cummings ?

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

I caught this on the news to. To me it shows sensible debate is more persuasive than getting mad and insulting people. I hear as others have mentioned he returned to the restaurant to chat to them answering their questions and concerns in a calm collective manner. The next day returned to dine without any problems.I don't know how the law stands on such situations but I would not like to see people refused service due to their political beliefs

By *rLibertineMan  over a year ago

North Suffolk

perhaps they could have just made him wait for a hour or two between courses and then apologise saying the lack of staff meant delays

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

"perhaps they could have just made him wait for a hour or two between courses and then apologise saying the lack of staff meant delays "

Fortunately they did not feel the need to make things up

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

"Reports are that the serving staff were unhappy with him being there but he wasnt refused service.

He then returned on a pre-arranged visit to talk and debate with the serving staff. Robust views were exchanged and there was no animosity when he and his family returned the next day for dinner.

"

Well, for all his many faults, at least he's prepared to engage with people who question his views.

Boris just steals your phone or hides in a fridge.

» Add a new message to this topic