FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > recent Brexit bonuses

recent Brexit bonuses

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Britain's on course to drop out of Germany's top 10 trading partners. For the 1st time since the 50s. (Brexit red tape, apparently.)

Three is bringing back European roaming charges for us. (The EU banned roaming fees across its territory in June 2017, but the EU-U.K. Trade and Cooperation Agreement failed to include a guarantee on free roaming after Brexit.)

The government has said polluters can dump sewage that hasn't been properly cleaned into rivers and the sea.(Recently, businesses have found it more difficult to get water treatment chemicals due to supply chain disruption at ports blamed primarily on Britain's departure from the EU.)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Oh and this too: "PayPal is introducing new fees for payments between businesses in the UK and those in Europe."

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

blue passports

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Anyone got a decent recipe for rat and cockroaches?

"Britain's on course to drop out of Germany's top 10 trading partners. For the 1st time since the 50s. (Brexit red tape, apparently.)

Three is bringing back European roaming charges for us. (The EU banned roaming fees across its territory in June 2017, but the EU-U.K. Trade and Cooperation Agreement failed to include a guarantee on free roaming after Brexit.)

The government has said polluters can dump sewage that hasn't been properly cleaned into rivers and the sea.(Recently, businesses have found it more difficult to get water treatment chemicals due to supply chain disruption at ports blamed primarily on Britain's departure from the EU.)

"

Woohoo, I can’t cope with all this ‘winning’, what will be the next ‘benefit ‘

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

[Removed by poster at 09/09/21 16:41:58]

Manchester

"Britain's on course to drop out of Germany's top 10 trading partners. For the 1st time since the 50s. (Brexit red tape, apparently.)

Woohoo, I can’t cope with all this ‘winning’, what will be the next ‘benefit ‘ "

Much quicker shopping trips as there’s less and less choice. A bit like the old communist bloc shops of old!

Think how much time you’ll save to erm let me think …oh yes,, go to the pub,,, oh wait the beers running out! You can always stay in and save for you care home needs later in life.

Great for WW2 cosplayers though, spam and powdered eggs will be making a comeback.

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

"Oh and this too: "PayPal is introducing new fees for payments between businesses in the UK and those in Europe.""

Where is it free, I'd love to know, so not new news then. Transaction fees have always been paid on Euro / Sterling transactions.

"Oh and this too: "PayPal is introducing new fees for payments between businesses in the UK and those in Europe."

Where is it free, I'd love to know, so not new news then. Transaction fees have always been paid on Euro / Sterling transactions. "

“new fees”

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

Maybe one day the EU can accept Sterling, just like Chinese have done, makes things so much more simple.

turning kent into a lorry park and toilet for truck drivers must have caused multi-millions of pounds in improvements to the county surely

"Maybe one day the EU can accept Sterling, just like Chinese have done, makes things so much more simple. "

Simple for who? When are we going to sign a trade deal with China

Manchester

It’s ok Fabtastic I’ve found a benefit . EE have now joined the date roaming increases so now you can know most phone companies will be more expensive so less worry as to which provider to choose. You will be worse off either way!! That’s a relief . Brexit brings simplicity and less choices to worry about.

"It’s ok Fabtastic I’ve found a benefit . EE have now joined the date roaming increases so now you can know most phone companies will be more expensive so less worry as to which provider to choose. You will be worse off either way!! That’s a relief . Brexit brings simplicity and less choices to worry about. "

Excellent, don’t worry our Brexit supporting friend will be along soon telling us to buy foreign SIM cards

Manchester

"It’s ok Fabtastic I’ve found a benefit . EE have now joined the date roaming increases so now you can know most phone companies will be more expensive so less worry as to which provider to choose. You will be worse off either way!! That’s a relief . Brexit brings simplicity and less choices to worry about.

Excellent, don’t worry our Brexit supporting friend will be along soon telling us to buy foreign SIM cards "

Doesn’t work with business numbers as international contacts want one number. Can I have the same number each time I buy a sim. A sim is still extra costs so more great news with Brexit.

"It’s ok Fabtastic I’ve found a benefit . EE have now joined the date roaming increases so now you can know most phone companies will be more expensive so less worry as to which provider to choose. You will be worse off either way!! That’s a relief . Brexit brings simplicity and less choices to worry about.

Excellent, don’t worry our Brexit supporting friend will be along soon telling us to buy foreign SIM cards

Doesn’t work with business numbers as international contacts want one number. Can I have the same number each time I buy a sim. A sim is still extra costs so more great news with Brexit. "

Dam, anyway, someone will be along soon to highlight the benefits,

Manchester

Doesn’t work with business numbers as international contacts want one number. Can I have the same number each time I buy a sim. A sim is still extra costs so more great news with Brexit.

Dam, anyway, someone will be along soon to highlight the benefits, "

Hope you have a comfy chair!! It could be a long wait.

Dam, anyway, someone will be along soon to highlight the benefits,

Hope you have a comfy chair!! It could be a long wait. "

20-25 years ? Apparently

the high cost calling home using a foreign sim card that you need to purchase on top of your existing regular uk contract is an obvious win surely

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Ladies and Gentleman. It’s a sad day.

It’s finally affected the wine. I cannot get the excellent wine I once used to see on the shelf in abundance.

Why…………why didn’t you think of the wine………..

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"Ladies and Gentleman. It’s a sad day.

It’s finally affected the wine. I cannot get the excellent wine I once used to see on the shelf in abundance.

"

What’s the wine ?

"

Is it ‘foreign ‘ wine? you should be a patriot and buy British wine,

North Bucks

What’s the wine ?"

Prapian Estate Prosecco Brut Biologico. (Don’t laugh I like it)

North Bucks

Is it ‘foreign ‘ wine? you should be a patriot and buy British wine, "

Yet to find a fizz I like from an English vineyard. It’s good fun trying I suppose.

What’s the wine ?

Prapian Estate Prosecco Brut Biologico. (Don’t laugh I like it) "

Covid

Bad harvest ?

North Bucks

What’s the wine ?

Covid

Bad harvest ? "

Chap in the shop can’t source it all of a sudden.

Funny that.

What’s the wine ?

Covid

Bad harvest ?

Funny that. "

Must be COVID, no other explanation

my wine investment portfolio has increased in value since post-brexit purchasing of quality wine has become more unachievable for the plebs by pushing it above their spending level. this is clearly ace.

here

What’s the wine ?

Covid

Bad harvest ?

Funny that.

Must be COVID, no other explanation "

Lazy retailer???

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"

Yes. You can. I have found it in 3 outlets on that there t'internet.

Google is your friend.

North Bucks

Google is your friend. "

Bigger picture. Pop into wine shop on way home. Supporting a local business. A nice convenience and a nice experience.

Buying online is no benefit. Scratting around on the Internet to source something I used to find on the market square is going backwards.

here

Google is your friend.

Bigger picture. Pop into wine shop on way home. Supporting a local business. A nice convenience and a nice experience.

Buying online is no benefit. Scratting around on the Internet to source something I used to find on the market square is going backwards. "

so why is he discontinuing this variety If other retailers can stock it ?

[Removed by poster at 09/09/21 19:41:32]

Google is your friend.

Buying online is no benefit. Scratting around on the Internet to source something I used to find on the market square is going backwards. "

Yes but, it’s just a minor inconvenience when compared to all the Brexit benefits

"

Google is your friend.

Maybe your retailer isn't doing the work.

Example: Makro. No in glass bottles! We buy billions of them a month.

We chased it down for 3 weeks.

Turns out it was a lazy driver who could be 'arsed' (manager's words) to get and deliver from the main distribution point!!! So we complained to Booker, and suddenly they are available in abundance.

Shocked of Staffordshire!

North Bucks

"

Google is your friend.

Buying online is no benefit. Scratting around on the Internet to source something I used to find on the market square is going backwards.

Turns out it was a lazy driver who could be 'arsed' (manager's words) to get and deliver from the main distribution point!!! So we complained to Booker, and suddenly they are available in abundance.

Shocked of Staffordshire!"

Or maybe it’s a consequence of Brexit?

I will ask him why all of a sudden he is no longer able to source it via his supplier.

Wine free of Buckinghamshire

"

Google is your friend.

I will ask him why all of a sudden he is no longer able to source it via his supplier.

Wine free of Buckinghamshire "

Okay. Another search. 7 Outlets all in the UK. I put 14 bottles in my basket, and it gave me a 4-day delivery date. (Monday).

So. No. Not anything to do with Brexit.

"

Google is your friend.

Wine free of Buckinghamshire "

Anyways. I always took you to be a Lambrini Lad lol.

when you fancy a decent bottle to go with tonights dinner then an online order is useless and merely a weak attempt to force the narrative fit a brextremist stand point.

North Bucks

"

Google is your friend.

Anyways. I always took you to be a Lambrini Lad lol. "

You know I always liked you two and I was just thinking to myself how nice it is to have two opposing opinions and not insult each other. And then you pull that out………….

"

Google is your friend.

You know I always liked you two and I was just thinking to myself how nice it is to have two opposing opinions and not insult each other. And then you pull that out…………. "

LMAO - Come here and I'll give you a big hug Snukums lol.

North Bucks

"

Google is your friend.

You know I always liked you two and I was just thinking to myself how nice it is to have two opposing opinions and not insult each other. And then you pull that out………….

"

Would rather a nice bottle of Prapian

By *drianukMan  over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

More tiresome, cherry-picked stuff from Remoaner 'talking point' websites.

Meanwhile, the EU has reintroduced pigs eating pig remains... banned in Britain. A risk of disease entering the human food chain.

Meanwhile EU economic growth rates are once again below those of Britain and much if the rest of the world.

Meanwhile EU unemployment is nearly double that of Britain.

Meanwhile the EU has fallen from nearly 29% of world trade 20years ago to 16% now.

Meanwhile hourly wages rates in the EU have fallen by 2.5% in the last three months.

Meanwhile wage rates in Britain are rising due to a tightening labour market caused by Brexit.

Meanwhile in Spain the price of electricity has doubled since last autumn due to Spain's ludicrous attempts to meet targets set in its behalf by the EU

"

Google is your friend.

Would rather a nice bottle of Prapian "

"More tiresome, cherry-picked stuff from Remoaner 'talking point' websites.

Meanwhile, the EU has reintroduced pigs eating pig remains... banned in Britain. A risk of disease entering the human food chain.

Meanwhile EU economic growth rates are once again below those of Britain and much if the rest of the world.

Meanwhile the EU has fallen from nearly 29% of world trade 20years ago to 16% now.

Meanwhile hourly wages rates in the EU have fallen by 2.5% in the last three months.

Meanwhile wage rates in Britain are rising due to a tightening labour market caused by Brexit.

Meanwhile in Spain the price of electricity has doubled since last autumn due to Spain's ludicrous attempts to meet targets set in its behalf by the EU"

My pay hasn’t gone up, when do I get a ‘Brexit’ payrise

North Bucks

"

Google is your friend.

Would rather a nice bottle of Prapian

"

"

My pay hasn’t gone up, when do I get a ‘Brexit’ payrise "

Nothing to do with Brexit - All to do with when you earn it.

Meanwhile in Spain the price of electricity has doubled since last autumn due to Spain's ludicrous attempts to meet targets set in its behalf by the EU"

Are wage rate increases in certain industries in the UK because of Brexit?

Yes. Pay is increasing in the UK because of Brexit. And that's great for Employees. Less and less cheap Labour.

So, to clarify, the driver shortages etc are definitely down to Brexit? Gotcha

Now employers are having to pay a realistic wage. Because of the Pandemic and Brexit combined.

That has to be a good thing. Right? Or is there another argument that says buy employees on the cheap and make billions on the back of that. Or should it be pay employees a proper wage and make a reasonable profit.

Higher wages means more into the Treasury in NI & Taxes. More NI & Taxes means more is available for the public good. Such as the NHS and Social Care.

We NEVER should have employed workers on the cheap to start with.

we have a chronic shortage of drivers which in turn has pushed up wages, why have we got a shortage of drivers? What has happened? Is this shortage now causing problems ? And is this happening elsewhere in the world ?

What other jobs and industries have had pay increases ?

"we have a chronic shortage of drivers which in turn has pushed up wages, why have we got a shortage of drivers? What has happened? Is this shortage now causing problems ? And is this happening elsewhere in the world ? "

Still not the point. That's the History. The Future is better realistic wages for employees - the way it always should have been - You can't argue for proper wages and then argue for cheap labour in the same sentence.

Brexit and the Pandemic resets the mistake of cheap labour at the cost of British jobs. Now we can offer British jobs at realistic wages. That British want to do because the pay is a realistic living wage.

How on earth can that be wrong?

Dont get me started

Why am i going to have to contibute more of my wages. When the goverment isnt taking any form of Duty from Imports into the UK.

BREXIT A WONDERFUL THING

Manchester

"

Google is your friend.

Okay. Another search. 7 Outlets all in the UK. I put 14 bottles in my basket, and it gave me a 4-day delivery date. (Monday).

So. No. Not anything to do with Brexit."

One driver can’t deliver to all the wholesale outlets for supply in the country so some will get wine milk and biscuits, others won’t . Luck of the draw now we don’t have enough drivers.

"

Google is your friend.

So. No. Not anything to do with Brexit.

One driver can’t deliver to all the wholesale outlets for supply in the country so some will get wine milk and biscuits, others won’t . Luck of the draw now we don’t have enough drivers. "

Apparently Brexit has increased driver wages and driver wages have increased due to driver shortages but Brexit has nothing to do with these shortages

Manchester

"we have a chronic shortage of drivers which in turn has pushed up wages, why have we got a shortage of drivers? What has happened? Is this shortage now causing problems ? And is this happening elsewhere in the world ?

Still not the point. That's the History. The Future is better realistic wages for employees - the way it always should have been - You can't argue for proper wages and then argue for cheap labour in the same sentence.

Brexit and the Pandemic resets the mistake of cheap labour at the cost of British jobs. Now we can offer British jobs at realistic wages. That British want to do because the pay is a realistic living wage.

"

One little thing your missing. People prefer to buy £2 t shirts made in China rather than £50 made in the U.K. . So do you want a job that pays ok or a high paid job that may disappear because what you make doesn’t sell due to high manufacturing costs. Btw I’m all for better wages and less dividends and tax avoidance but you can’t have both.

We have created this monster by letting our manufacturing base go to the Far East. I can’t see us getting ahead unless we have massive investment in automation technology and that creates high paid technical jobs but not lots of jobs.

By *ony 2016Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

I suppose an extra £350million every week should mean it will be a considerable time before we see the rate of National Insurance increased

GERMANY: The Head of the Federal Employment Agency, Detlef Scheele, said that Germany needs 400,000 new workers per year to fill the labour market, which can be possible by admitting more immigrants to the country, meaning that Germany’s economy is currently dependent on immigration.

FRANCE: A shortage of qualified workers and supply-chain havoc are proving problematic for some companies as they try to ride France’s recovery from the pandemic but struggle to fill vacancies, business leaders said.

USA: The economic data is fairly clear: employers are getting desperate for workers in the United States. By the end of April 2021, job openings rose to an unprecedented 9.3 million, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

While the actual number might have surprised some, the fact that employers are having difficulty finding enough workers isn’t that surprising. As the country reopened and more people got vaccinated against the coronavirus, many economists thought that people would quickly return to work.

AUS & NZ: Business counts cost of worker shortage in Australia and New Zealand

Companies have been hit by the decision to close borders to non-residents during the pandemic

I could go on but . . .

"we have a chronic shortage of drivers which in turn has pushed up wages, why have we got a shortage of drivers? What has happened? Is this shortage now causing problems ? And is this happening elsewhere in the world ?

One little thing your missing. People prefer to buy £2 t shirts made in China rather than £50 made in the U.K. . So do you want a job that pays ok or a high paid job that may disappear because what you make doesn’t sell due to high manufacturing costs. Btw I’m all for better wages and less dividends and tax avoidance but you can’t have both.

We have created this monster by letting our manufacturing base go to the Far East. I can’t see us getting ahead unless we have massive investment in automation technology and that creates high paid technical jobs but not lots of jobs. "

OMG!!!! You need to source your T-shirts - I pay £1.75 ex VAT (it's actually a part of what I do business wise) for UK shirts.

"I suppose an extra £350million every week should mean it will be a considerable time before we see the rate of National Insurance increased"

True, the NHS definitely need that extra £18.2 billion a year

Spain, Lancs

Meanwhile in Spain the price of electricity has doubled since last autumn due to Spain's ludicrous attempts to meet targets set in its behalf by the EU

My pay hasn’t gone up, when do I get a ‘Brexit’ payrise "

It will depend on whether the job you do was affected by large amounts of cheap labour brought by employers from overseas.

The labour market is now rebalancing...to howls of objection from bad bosses and their supporters.

You understand basic supply and demand?

Spain, Lancs

Are wage rate increases in certain industries in the UK because of Brexit? "

Lorry driving.

The same is now happening in a number of low-paid jobs where employers flooded the labour market with cheap labour.

The market is now rebalancing as much of the cheap labour has gone home.

I'm delighted for workers who have suffered decades of downward pressure on wages. Are you equally happy?

"

The labour market is now rebalancing...to howls of objection from bad bosses and their supporters.

"

The sky really just has to fall for some - when the truth is employers are being forced to pay a proper and living wage. In the longer term this can only ever be a good thing for everyone, employers included. When all said and done taxes will come down for all, when taxes are paid by all at a proper and fair rate by paying employees a proper and fair rate.

It will depend on whether the job you do was affected by large amounts of cheap labour brought by employers from overseas.

You understand basic supply and demand?"

Yes, so the current shortage is down to Brexit ? Who will pay for these driver increases ?

Spain, Lancs

"

The sky really just has to fall for some - when the truth is employers are being forced to pay a proper and living wage. In the longer term this can only ever be a good thing for everyone, employers included. When all said and done taxes will come down for all, when taxes are paid by all at a proper and fair rate by paying employees a proper and fair rate.

"

Remainder extremists are only happy when bad bosses can import unlimited supplies of cheap labour with which they can undercut UK workers.

I wonder if a Remainer will use this thread to explay why.

"

Yes, so the current shortage is down to Brexit ? Who will pay for these driver increases ? "

Listen to the discussion not the hype.

Lorry driving.

The same is now happening in a number of low-paid jobs where employers flooded the labour market with cheap labour.

I'm delighted for workers who have suffered decades of downward pressure on wages. Are you equally happy?"

I would be delighted if every single low paid worker in the UK had a pay rise, is this happening? Will care workers get a pay rise? Will nursery workers get a pay rise?

Who will pay for these wage increases? Simple question,

Spain, Lancs

Yes, so the current shortage is down to Brexit ? Who will pay for these driver increases ? "

Do you have any understanding of supply and demand?

Will you explain why you support the EU's free movement of labour which bosses have used to force down wages?

Spain, Lancs

Lorry driving.

I'm delighted for workers who have suffered decades of downward pressure on wages. Are you equally happy?

I would be delighted if every single low paid worker in the UK had a pay rise, is this happening? Will care workers get a pay rise? Will nursery workers get a pay rise? "

Will you explain how the EU's free movement affected pay rates?

Yes, so the current shortage is down to Brexit ? Who will pay for these driver increases ?

Will you explain why you support the EU's free movement of labour which bosses have used to force down wages?"

Which bosses? Is there a minimum wage in this country?

Lorry driving.

I would be delighted if every single low paid worker in the UK had a pay rise, is this happening? Will care workers get a pay rise? Will nursery workers get a pay rise?

Will you explain how the EU's free movement affected pay rates?"

Will you explain why we have a chronic shortage of drivers ?

Spain, Lancs

Will you explain why you support the EU's free movement of labour which bosses have used to force down wages?

Which bosses? Is there a minimum wage in this country?"

Look at how transport bosses first imported cheap Polish, then Romanian, labour to force 70,000 UK drivers out of the industry.

And you cheer that process on. And deplore it's correction. Why?

"Who will pay for these wage increases? Simple question, "

Simple answer is that we all will in increased prices - rebalanced prices - that should have been the proper price to start with.

We have lived in the pay cheap get cheap world for far too long. If you want to pay an employee a proper wage then that cost has to hit the front end of prices too.

You simply can't argue cheap pay and then say workers aren't paid enough and then say employers are ripping off the country and then say OMG the price of goods has gone up!

Choose a side - your wallet or fair pay!

Spain, Lancs

Lorry driving.

Will you explain why we have a chronic shortage of drivers ? "

Caused by the EU's free movement which forced 70,000 UK drivers out of the industry. And you support bit

Lorry driving.

Caused by the EU's free movement which forced 70,000 UK drivers out of the industry. And you support bit "

So Brexit caused the shortage? Ta, that’s all I needed to hear

"

So Brexit caused the shortage? Ta, that’s all I needed to hear "

Well we knew that before you posted anything.

Maybe just once have a discussion.

That’s all I needed to hear, Brexit caused the shortage of drivers and caused the problems we now face

Spain, Lancs

Lorry driving.

Caused by the EU's free movement which forced 70,000 UK drivers out of the industry. And you support bit

So Brexit caused the shortage? Ta, that’s all I needed to hear "

That isn't all you need to know. You also need to know how and why UK drivers were forced out in the first place...by the bad bosses you support.

You also need to know that the Polish and Romanian drivers have returned home.

You also need to understand basic economics: how the end of cheap labour is leading to higher wages now the labour market is no longer artificially flooded.

Then you need to understand that higher wages will act as a magnet to attracting drivers.

A bit too hard for a Remainer to understand?

"That’s all I needed to hear, Brexit caused the shortage of drivers and caused the problems we now face "

You needed to hear it, but actually it isn't the whole truth is it.

Brexit gave me stress co's my hotub is American, and the Americans got confused about our import regulations and charged me $50 more for a wifi connector. (since amended of course) But it was ALL to do with Brexit.

Brexit. poop.

Lorry driving.

That isn't all you need to know. You also need to know how and why UK drivers were forced out in the first place...by the bad bosses you support.

You also need to understand basic economics: how the end of cheap labour is leading to higher wages now the labour market is no longer artificially flooded.

Then you need to understand that higher wages will act as a magnet to attracting drivers.

A bit too hard for a Remainer to understand?"

It’s very simple, Brexit caused driver shortages, if there had been better planning these drivers would be in place , however their wages wouldn’t be as high (as they are now) because this wouldn’t have created the supply and demand . I feel sorry for these HGV drivers because as soon as the demand has subsided their wages will decrease ,

North Bucks

Won’t somebody please think of the wine!!!!!!!!

Cept' there is a worldwide shortage of employees in EVERY industry on the Planet.

But as long as Brexit can be blamed . . .

"Won’t somebody please think of the wine!!!!!!!!"

Google is still your friend lol

Spain, Lancs

Lorry driving.

It’s very simple, Brexit caused driver shortages, if there had been better planning these drivers would be in place , however their wages wouldn’t be as high (as they are now) because this wouldn’t have created the supply and demand . I feel sorry for these HGV drivers because as soon as the demand has subsided their wages will decrease , "

Nothing to do with 'planning'. The market was distorted because the EU allowed bad bosses to put their finger on the weighing scale in the labour marketplace.

That finger has now been removed so wages are rising to attract UK workers.

Why do you oppose that?

"has subsided their wages will decrease ,

Nothing to do with 'planning'. The market was distorted because the EU allowed bad bosses to put their finger on the weighing scale in the labour marketplace.

Why do you oppose that?"

Because Brexit HAS to be blamed lol. It just has to. lmao.

"Won’t somebody please think of the wine!!!!!!!!"

I know mate, the wine his heartbreaking, it takes me back to my rosewood chairs problem, but don’t worry, if you fancy a bottle of wine then make sure you order it 4 days in advance and pay the extra postage costs

Spain, Lancs

Why do you oppose that?

Because Brexit HAS to be blamed lol. It just has to. lmao."

I look forward to Remainers going into the next election saying that UK workers should be undermined in the labour market by rejoining the EU b

"Won’t somebody please think of the wine!!!!!!!!

I know mate, the wine his heartbreaking, it takes me back to my rosewood chairs problem, but don’t worry, if you fancy a bottle of wine then make sure you order it 4 days in advance and pay the extra postage costs "

Cept' it's the weekend, so delivery was Monday and delivery was DPD Free !!!

Why do you oppose that?

I look forward to Remainers going into the next election saying that UK workers should be undermined in the labour market by rejoining the EU b "

LMAO

And on PRIME on Amazon lol. Same day or Next Day.

Lorry driving.

It’s very simple, Brexit caused driver shortages, if there had been better planning these drivers would be in place , however their wages wouldn’t be as high (as they are now) because this wouldn’t have created the supply and demand . I feel sorry for these HGV drivers because as soon as the demand has subsided their wages will decrease ,

Why do you oppose that?"

Why do you appose having a plan in place? Are you suggesting that you knew this would happen but nothing could be done to prevent it? We voted to leave 5 years ago , plenty of time to train new drivers ,

Spain, Lancs

Lorry driving.

Why do you oppose that?

Why do you appose having a plan in place? Are you suggesting that you knew this would happen but nothing could be done to prevent it? We voted to leave 5 years ago , plenty of time to train new drivers , "

Why should employers train new drivers when they could get an unlimited supply of cheap drivers from the EU?

Why do you oppose that?

I look forward to Remainers going into the next election saying that UK workers should be undermined in the labour market by rejoining the EU b "

Don’t be daft, we won’t be allowed to rejoin the EU for decades, your generation will be long gone .

So Brexit was a great idea - it must be because we have to pay proper wages now - just that the planning was shit! Agree with you there.

TY that’s all I needed to hear.

Spain, Lancs

Why do you oppose that?

I look forward to Remainers going into the next election saying that UK workers should be undermined in the labour market by rejoining the EU b

Don’t be daft, we won’t be allowed to rejoin the EU for decades, your generation will be long gone . "

You hold two mutually contradictory points at the same time: you say you want pay rises for workers but you support the EU which has provided the means to depress those wages.

How can I reconcile the two?

Lorry driving.

Why do you oppose that?

Why do you appose having a plan in place? Are you suggesting that you knew this would happen but nothing could be done to prevent it? We voted to leave 5 years ago , plenty of time to train new drivers ,

Why should employers train new drivers when they could get an unlimited supply of cheap drivers from the EU?"

Because we voted to leave the EU, do you remember? The ending of free movement etc, i am sure that was on the cards, could be wrong though, maybe it was all about blue passports and fish

Why do you oppose that?

Don’t be daft, we won’t be allowed to rejoin the EU for decades, your generation will be long gone .

You hold two mutually contradictory points at the same time: you say you want pay rises for workers but you support the EU which has provided the means to depress those wages.

How can I reconcile the two?"

I said neither, I said we won’t be allowed to re join the EU for decades, your generation will 6 feet under . If you want everyone to get a decent pay increase the minimum wage ,

Spain, Lancs

How does Fabtastic reconcile his two mutually contradictory positions: says he supports the workers but supports the mechanism by which bad bosses used the EU to undermine workers?

Can he do it?

It's funny but . . .

None of these countries voted for Brexit and . . .

GERMANY: The Head of the Federal Employment Agency, Detlef Scheele, said that Germany needs 400,000 new workers per year to fill the labour market, which can be possible by admitting more immigrants to the country, meaning that Germany’s economy is currently dependent on immigration.

FRANCE: A shortage of qualified workers and supply-chain havoc are proving problematic for some companies as they try to ride France’s recovery from the pandemic but struggle to fill vacancies, business leaders said.

USA: The economic data is fairly clear: employers are getting desperate for workers in the United States. By the end of April 2021, job openings rose to an unprecedented 9.3 million, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

While the actual number might have surprised some, the fact that employers are having difficulty finding enough workers isn’t that surprising. As the country reopened and more people got vaccinated against the coronavirus, many economists thought that people would quickly return to work.

AUS & NZ: Business counts cost of worker shortage in Australia and New Zealand

Companies have been hit by the decision to close borders to non-residents during the pandemic

I could go on but . . .

What has being buried got to do with any argument for Brexit or not?

"How does Fabtastic reconcile his two mutually contradictory positions: says he supports the workers but supports the mechanism by which bad bosses used the EU to undermine workers?

Can he do it? "

Why can’t you support the increase of the minimum wage,

Spain, Lancs

"How does Fabtastic reconcile his two mutually contradictory positions: says he supports the workers but supports the mechanism by which bad bosses used the EU to undermine workers?

Can he do it?

Why can’t you support the increase of the minimum wage, "

Lorry drivers used to be the aristocracy of labour and had no need of a minimum wage.

If increasing the min wage made everyone richer then how high should it go? If we increased it to pay everyone a million pounds do you think we'd all be super rich?

Of course not. The answer is to strengthen workers in the labour market against bosses who yearn for over-supply. Yet you oppose that rebalancing while saying you want to support workers' pay rises.

Can you reconcile those mutually contradictory opinions?

Can he do it?

Lorry drivers used to be the aristocracy of labour and had no need of a minimum wage.

If increasing the min wage made everyone richer then how high should it go? If we increased it to pay everyone a million pounds do you think we'd all be super rich?

Of course not. The answer is to strengthen workers in the labour market against bosses who yearn for over-supply. Yet you oppose that rebalancing while saying you want to support workers' pay rises.

Can you reconcile those mutually contradictory opinions?"

Why do you appose the increase in the minimum wage? An increase that would benefit every single low paid worker? Are you siding with the bosses against these workers? Why are you only interested in creating artificially higher wages based on supply and demand? This seems unfair and a contradictory. Can you answer

Can he do it?

Can you reconcile those mutually contradictory opinions?"

See that's what I'm waiting for too, a proper reasoned discussion on employer employee wages. Just saying I blame Brexit (and truthfully the pandemic too, read above as proof of that) doesn't tackle it.

Pay a proper wage by not having cheap labour. Nothing can be better than that.

Very easy to do, increase the minimum wage

By *mateur100Man  over a year ago

nr faversham

"Very easy to do, increase the minimum wage "

Which means everyone above minimum wage will also want more

Spain, Lancs

Can he do it?

Why do you appose the increase in the minimum wage? An increase that would benefit every single low paid worker? Are you siding with the bosses against these workers? Why are you only interested in creating artificially higher wages based on supply and demand? This seems unfair and a contradictory. Can you answer "

So you would flood the labour market with cheap labour and then act against it with the minimum wage?

If increasing the min wage was the answer we could give EVERYONE a min wage of, say £1m and we'd all be as rich as a Saudi prince

Put like that you'll see the min wage isn't the answer. The whole of society would be on the main wage! And all incentives would be removed. And no-one would actually be better off.

Fantasyland economics.

You're going round in circles.

Try joining a trade union and taking part in real-world pay talks

"

If increasing the min wage was the answer we could give EVERYONE a min wage of, say £1m and we'd all be as rich as a Saudi prince

Put like that you'll see the min wage isn't the answer. The whole of society would be on the main wage! And all incentives would be removed. And no-one would actually be better off.

Fantasyland economics.

Try joining a trade union and taking part in real-world pay talks"

I tried that one about 12 months ago didn't register then either.

Spain, Lancs

"

Fantasyland economics.

Try joining a trade union and taking part in real-world pay talks

I tried that one about 12 months ago didn't register then either. "

So he's had 12 months to answer ..and still hasn't?

"Very easy to do, increase the minimum wage

Which means everyone above minimum wage will also want more"

Yep, so wages all will increase, which is what we want? More tax etc

Well it was directly to another poster - no longer here - tbf.

But it seems that so many don't get the connection between everybody being the same and nobody wanting more that keeps a society in poverty.

nr faversham

Yep, so wages all will increase, which is what we want? More tax etc "

No! If everyone's wages increase, so will prices and you're no better off

"

Can he do it?

Why do you appose the increase in the minimum wage? An increase that would benefit every single low paid worker? Are you siding with the bosses against these workers? Why are you only interested in creating artificially higher wages based on supply and demand? This seems unfair and a contradictory. Can you answer

So you would flood the labour market with cheap labour and then act against it with the minimum wage?

Fantasyland economics.

Try joining a trade union and taking part in real-world pay talks"

Ah, so you don’t really care about ‘all’ the lower paid workers, you want them to stay on poor wages? Why are you siding with the bosses? The companies who want cheap labour? Why? Why is it so important to you that any certain people deserve better pay, it’s unfair ,

"

So, let me get this straight, I thought a Brexit benefit was an increase in wages?

nr faversham

[Removed by poster at 09/09/21 22:52:36]

nr faversham

So, let me get this straight, I thought a Brexit benefit was an increase in wages? "

I didn't say that, you did

So, let me get this straight, I thought a Brexit benefit was an increase in wages?

I didn't say that, you did"

I was echoing what our brexit voting friends had stated,

By *ony 2016Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

So ,if the brexit plan was to get rid of eu drivers,replacing them with higher paid uk drivers,it doesn't appear as though the plan was well devised ,,if the brexit plan was to get rid of eu fruit pickers replacing them with higher paid uk fruit pickers it doesn't appear as if the plan was well devised ,,in fact the utter lack of any credible brexit plan apart from repeatedly saying brexit means brexit or get brexit done is what has turned me from a reluctant remainer in 2015 to an adament rejoiner in 2021 ,

"So ,if the brexit plan was to get rid of eu drivers,replacing them with higher paid uk drivers,it doesn't appear as though the plan was well devised ,,if the brexit plan was to get rid of eu fruit pickers replacing them with higher paid uk fruit pickers it doesn't appear as if the plan was well devised ,,in fact the utter lack of any credible brexit plan apart from repeatedly saying brexit means brexit or get brexit done is what has turned me from a reluctant remainer in 2015 to an adament rejoiner in 2021 , "

According to one confused chap on here there was no need to plan for this as employers could employ cheap EU labour even though we had voted to leave the EU. Tbh I think it was all about blue passports and fish

causing weatherspoons to slash the range of their so-called food that they offer is blatently an absolutely huge improvement

By *olaholaxxxMan  over a year ago

Essex

Remainers are cherry picking? Most of the points you raise are irrelevant and the Brexit would have no affect. The cost of electricity in Spain for example. Desperate mate.

By *ack4NinaCouple  over a year ago

Carmarthen

"Maybe one day the EU can accept Sterling, just like Chinese have done, makes things so much more simple. "

That will be difficult . Within a few years, 5 possibly there will be no Sterling only CBDCs . Many will most likely think it’s still Sterling , some may think it’s money too.

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

"

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

I am just womdering when we are going to get the A Team in, they would sort this out. Just saying

» Add a new message to this topic