FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Do you want our politicians to stop lying?

Do you want our politicians to stop lying?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Time and time again, I see people defending the likes of Johnson when he lies through his teeth by saying "oh they all lie."

Well you're in luck.

Dawn Butler submtted a petition to stop MPs lying in the House of Commons.

So the question is: do you support this? Or would you rather our rulers continue lying without facing any consequences whatsoever?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *L RogueMan  over a year ago

London

Yes.

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

Where do I sign?.

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

But how can you be ‘ the right honourable’ if you tell lies?

We have too many politicians, so if we banish or execute those found to be telling porkies, win and win!

By *eepndarkMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

The lies flow so easily. It's a very sad state of affairs. 1930's Germany springs to mind.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Time and time again, I see people defending the likes of Johnson when he lies through his teeth by saying "oh they all lie."

Well you're in luck.

So the question is: do you support this? Or would you rather our rulers continue lying without facing any consequences whatsoever?

"

my reading is lying is already banned ... But it is the PM ATM who decides the consequences ... The motion is for the house to have that say.

I'm in favour of that as a principal as the PM is an odd role from a democratic POV.

By *ornycplnorfolkMan  over a year ago

Norwich

Politicians stop lying ???? Iv got more chance of fucking every horny lady from 18 to 99 on this site.????????

"Time and time again, I see people defending the likes of Johnson when he lies through his teeth by saying "oh they all lie."

Well you're in luck.

my reading is lying is already banned ... But it is the PM ATM who decides the consequences ... The motion is for the house to have that say.

I'm in favour of that as a principal as the PM is an odd role from a democratic POV. "

supposedly lying in the Commons is against the rules. It's even supposedly a resigning offence. And yet Johnson lies with impinity there, time after time. So it's clear the current "rules" are meaningless.

Manchester

The government have declined to introduce legislation on the matter and have referred to the code of conduct as sufficient. For who exactly?

Manchester

"But how can you be ‘ the right honourable’ if you tell lies?

We have too many politicians, so if we banish or execute those found to be telling porkies, win and win! "

I like this idea a lot!!

Option two please..

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

Regardless if they lie this is modern politics, with no accountability whatsoever an ignorant electorate and virtue signaling opposition, gushing or snarling it is the TV show you are forced to digest and it is working perfectly to design.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It’s seems to be the trick of their trade. Why do you think we have the big “were in it together” quip, evidently an inside joke.

By *ebbie69Couple  over a year ago

milton keynes

Well you're in luck.

"

Yep I support it. It can't be right for any of them to lie. Doesn't matter if they are on the government or opposition its just wrong.

Well you're in luck.

Yep I support it. It can't be right for any of them to lie. Doesn't matter if they are on the government or opposition its just wrong. "

By *actilemale4uMan  over a year ago

London

If all the current members of Parliament who had lied had to resign from the house of commons the place would be empty

"If all the current members of Parliament who had lied had to resign from the house of commons the place would be empty "

Sounds like you do want them to stop lying. So do I. So, I'd guess, do most people.

Yet when Butler tried to push a motion through Parliament to try and hold MPs accountable for lying, only a minority of MPs supported the motion. (Something like 70 out of 650 if I remember rightly.)

It's almost as if MPs want to continue lying with impunity. We all deserve better than this from our representatives.

dudley

"If all the current members of Parliament who had lied had to resign from the house of commons the place would be empty

Sounds like you do want them to stop lying. So do I. So, I'd guess, do most people.

Yet when Butler tried to push a motion through Parliament to try and hold MPs accountable for lying, only a minority of MPs supported the motion. (Something like 70 out of 650 if I remember rightly.)

It's almost as if MPs want to continue lying with impunity. We all deserve better than this from our representatives."

What do you expect from characters with the lowest status in your community.

By *azylivingMan  over a year ago

swansea / Bristol

Well you're in luck.

"

I think the consequences for politicians caught in the act of disrepute should not only to lose there job in the government but to also be removed from the political forum completely.

When caught they go from there post but still remain in there party The basic annual salary of a Member of Parliament (MP) in the House of Commons is £81,932, as of April 2020. In addition, MPs are able to claim allowances to cover the costs of running an office and employing staff, and maintaining a constituency residence or a residence in London.

Most if not all pay there friends 50/60k a year to be assistants ect when they are under skilled and non qualified for jobs that don’t actually exist (Matt Hancock as an example)

This is money taken from the tax we all pay for our representative to represent us in office

dudley

Well you're in luck.

I think the consequences for politicians caught in the act of disrepute should not only to lose there job in the government but to also be removed from the political forum completely.

When caught they go from there post but still remain in there party The basic annual salary of a Member of Parliament (MP) in the House of Commons is £81,932, as of April 2020. In addition, MPs are able to claim allowances to cover the costs of running an office and employing staff, and maintaining a constituency residence or a residence in London.

Most if not all pay there friends 50/60k a year to be assistants ect when they are under skilled and non qualified for jobs that don’t actually exist (Matt Hancock as an example)

This is money taken from the tax we all pay for our representative to represent us in office "

Qualified to be an mp you just need people to put an X by your name, the only job you don't actually need any qualifications.

» Add a new message to this topic