FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > German Elections

German Elections

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ercury OP   Man  over a year ago

Grantham

German Elections are taking place this weekend. A new Chancellor will emerge, after the Merkel years.

A coalition Goverment will eventually be formed. Germany will possibly then go in a slightly different direction, both domestically and internationally. They are the biggest polluters in the EU, so expect the Greens and green issues to emerge.

Olaf Scholz is a name to remember. He could well be the next Chancellor.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

germany rejects conservative politics and returns to a more leftist outlook.

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

"germany rejects conservative politics and returns to a more leftist outlook."

I see that too on the BBC website this afternoon. It's odd that Merkel has a very good reputation even on these forums but as you say her party lost. What struck me is how the successful party's are described. They put them as centre right and centre left. It appears that Germany are very much central and in the UK the last time Labour were successful was by moving to the centre. Is SKS taking note I wonder

By *ercury OP   Man  over a year ago

Grantham

Nothing is settled yet, and won't be for weeks.

Expect to hear words like "Jamica" and "traffic light" being used, as the horse-trading begins.

Both the extreme left and right party did poorly, and the only certainty, is the no one will work with the AFD party.

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

The SPD fellow already causing tension with the UK gov already.

Blaming Brexit for our current crisis with food and fuel, because we ended free movement.

Seems like politics as usual in Germany then.

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

"Nothing is settled yet, and won't be for weeks.

Expect to hear words like "Jamica" and "traffic light" being used, as the horse-trading begins.

Both the extreme left and right party did poorly, and the only certainty, is the no one will work with the AFD party. "

That's the best thing about the result, AFD are out of the picture.

A bit like the Tories could be, if the UK were a democracy, like Germany is.

Certainly, they'd be able to form a minority government, if they wanted to; but they wouldn't be able to do anything stupid.

I've said it before, if the UK Parliament was elected by PR, I'd be a lot less keen on independence for Scotland.

» Add a new message to this topic