FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Has any other country ever enacted economic sanctions against itself?

Has any other country ever enacted economic sanctions against itself?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

We did it with Brexit. Has anybody else ever put up economic sanctions against themselves? Genuine question.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"We did it with Brexit. Has anybody else ever put up economic sanctions against themselves? Genuine question."

Here we go again

Round and Round

"We did it with Brexit. Has anybody else ever put up economic sanctions against themselves? Genuine question.

Here we go again

Round and Round "

It was a simple question. I can't think of another example where a country deliberately put up barriers to their own trade in the way we did.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"We did it with Brexit. Has anybody else ever put up economic sanctions against themselves? Genuine question."

I can’t think of anyone,

"We did it with Brexit. Has anybody else ever put up economic sanctions against themselves? Genuine question.

I can’t think of anyone, "

Me neither

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

The biggest sanction of all was ending freedom of movement.

Not only has put unnecessary barriers in place for Brits who want to travel, work, live or retire in the EU; it has also massively damaged the U.K. economy. We are only eight months in and certain sectors are already struggling.

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

the economic collapse is gathering momentum. it's now doubtful that it can be prevented from going into freefall.

"the economic collapse is gathering momentum. it's now doubtful that it can be prevented from going into freefall. "

Yes but, we have sovereignty

Seriously, has any country ever applied sanctions against itself apart from us? Usualy, sanctions are imposed on other countries as punishment.

"Seriously, has any country ever applied sanctions against itself apart from us? Usualy, sanctions are imposed on other countries as punishment."

I think it's a 1st and deserves a place in the Guinness Book of Records or something

"Seriously, has any country ever applied sanctions against itself apart from us? Usualy, sanctions are imposed on other countries as punishment."

We haven't applied sanctions, but you know that already.

By *uninlondon69Man  over a year ago

Lewisham

"Seriously, has any country ever applied sanctions against itself apart from us? Usualy, sanctions are imposed on other countries as punishment.

We haven't applied sanctions, but you know that already."

You don't consider voluntarily restricting our own freedom of movement to be a sanction?

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

"Seriously, has any country ever applied sanctions against itself apart from us? Usualy, sanctions are imposed on other countries as punishment.

You don't consider voluntarily restricting our own freedom of movement to be a sanction? "

its not really a sanction is it just if u wana stay in e.u for more than 3months out of every six u have to get a visa,you know like you need to visit most other countrys in the world and lets be honest the majority of the country only ever goes for a fornight a year and some cant even afford that,

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Clear economic self harm.

North West

You don't consider voluntarily restricting our own freedom of movement to be a sanction? its not really a sanction is it just if u wana stay in e.u for more than 3months out of every six u have to get a visa,you know like you need to visit most other countrys in the world and lets be honest the majority of the country only ever goes for a fornight a year and some cant even afford that,"

A sanction is a barrier or a limitation which causes restrictions. This country has just imposed plenty of those on itself.

Ordinary people from this country used to be able to snowbird in Southern Europe over the winter months and now they are restricted to only three months of winter and can then no longer travel anywhere in Europe for another three months. People can still do that, just not ordinary people.

Industry in this country has had employment, bureaucratic and legal sanctions imposed on it because of Brexit. Particularly badly hit are the sectors of hospitality, fishing, farming, logistics and SME exporters. None of these sectors had problems before Brexit - now they all do.

N Ireland is part of the United Kingdom and Brexit has placed sanctions on what Great Britain can export to, and import from N Ireland.

All of the above can legitimately be called sanctions because they are barriers and/or limitations that bring about restrictions.

It is noticeable that even on this platform, the Brexit fanbase is thinning out with every passing month. I reckon that within a year or so, no-one will admit to voting for Brexit and those who still will admit to voting for it will blame the Government for not doing Brexit properly.

You don't consider voluntarily restricting our own freedom of movement to be a sanction? its not really a sanction is it just if u wana stay in e.u for more than 3months out of every six u have to get a visa,you know like you need to visit most other countrys in the world and lets be honest the majority of the country only ever goes for a fornight a year and some cant even afford that,

A sanction is a barrier or a limitation which causes restrictions. This country has just imposed plenty of those on itself.

Ordinary people from this country used to be able to snowbird in Southern Europe over the winter months and now they are restricted to only three months of winter and can then no longer travel anywhere in Europe for another three months. People can still do that, just not ordinary people.

Industry in this country has had employment, bureaucratic and legal sanctions imposed on it because of Brexit. Particularly badly hit are the sectors of hospitality, fishing, farming, logistics and SME exporters. None of these sectors had problems before Brexit - now they all do.

N Ireland is part of the United Kingdom and Brexit has placed sanctions on what Great Britain can export to, and import from N Ireland.

All of the above can legitimately be called sanctions because they are barriers and/or limitations that bring about restrictions.

It is noticeable that even on this platform, the Brexit fanbase is thinning out with every passing month. I reckon that within a year or so, no-one will admit to voting for Brexit and those who still will admit to voting for it will blame the Government for not doing Brexit properly."

They will blame the following in this order

Leave voters

The EU

COVID

The previous Tory government

borehamwood

You don't consider voluntarily restricting our own freedom of movement to be a sanction? its not really a sanction is it just if u wana stay in e.u for more than 3months out of every six u have to get a visa,you know like you need to visit most other countrys in the world and lets be honest the majority of the country only ever goes for a fornight a year and some cant even afford that,

It is noticeable that even on this platform, the Brexit fanbase is thinning out with every passing month. I reckon that within a year or so, no-one will admit to voting for Brexit and those who still will admit to voting for it will blame the Government for not doing Brexit properly."

brexit fanbase? That directed at me? I not been registerd to vote for donkeys years so barking up the wrong tree there,like i said most people can just about do 2 weeks abroad a year so excuse me for not feeling to sorry for people who can afford to go abroad multiple times a year,and like i said want more than 3 months out of every six just apply for a visa,every country ive visited outside of europe ive not just been allowed to stroll straight in,as for the rest if it its not affecting me so not really botherd about it

borehamwood

And ordinary people were able to holiday all winter eh? Id say anyone who can afford to holiday three months at a time are not in the majority

It is noticeable that even on this platform, the Brexit fanbase is thinning out with every passing month. I reckon that within a year or so, no-one will admit to voting for Brexit and those who still will admit to voting for it will blame the Government for not doing Brexit properly.brexit fanbase? That directed at me? I not been registerd to vote for donkeys years so barking up the wrong tree there,like i said most people can just about do 2 weeks abroad a year so excuse me for not feeling to sorry for people who can afford to go abroad multiple times a year,and like i said want more than 3 months out of every six just apply for a visa,every country ive visited outside of europe ive not just been allowed to stroll straight in,as for the rest if it its not affecting me so not really botherd about it"

You do spend a lot of time commenting on threads your not ‘bothered about’ . The whole point of freedom of movement was that you didn’t have to deal with visas,

"And ordinary people were able to holiday all winter eh? Id say anyone who can afford to holiday three months at a time are not in the majority"

It’s got nothing to do with ‘going on holiday ‘

borehamwood

"And ordinary people were able to holiday all winter eh? Id say anyone who can afford to holiday three months at a time are not in the majority

It’s got nothing to do with ‘going on holiday ‘ "

the other person was banging on about people being able to holiday in southern europe for the winter and as for commenting on posts ive told you before im able to comment on what i like as long as i dont break any rules,you may not like it but oh well you will just have to put up with it,personaly i find it highly amusing people moaning about stuff they cant change

"And ordinary people were able to holiday all winter eh? Id say anyone who can afford to holiday three months at a time are not in the majority

It’s got nothing to do with ‘going on holiday ‘ the other person was banging on about people being able to holiday in southern europe for the winter and as for commenting on posts ive told you before im able to comment on what i like as long as i dont break any rules,you may not like it but oh well you will just have to put up with it,personaly i find it highly amusing people moaning about stuff they cant change"

Of course you can post what you like when you like, it’s slightly odd that you post on threads your ‘not bothered about ‘ and get some kind of amusement about people moaning , each to their own

borehamwood

It’s got nothing to do with ‘going on holiday ‘ the other person was banging on about people being able to holiday in southern europe for the winter and as for commenting on posts ive told you before im able to comment on what i like as long as i dont break any rules,you may not like it but oh well you will just have to put up with it,personaly i find it highly amusing people moaning about stuff they cant change

Of course you can post what you like when you like, it’s slightly odd that you post on threads your ‘not bothered about ‘ and get some kind of amusement about people moaning , each to their own "

yup just accept its happend and we wont be rejoining for 5 or 10 years and you will save giving ya self an ulcer over it

I note that nobody has come up with any other country that has ever applied sanctions to itself.

It’s got nothing to do with ‘going on holiday ‘ the other person was banging on about people being able to holiday in southern europe for the winter and as for commenting on posts ive told you before im able to comment on what i like as long as i dont break any rules,you may not like it but oh well you will just have to put up with it,personaly i find it highly amusing people moaning about stuff they cant change

Of course you can post what you like when you like, it’s slightly odd that you post on threads your ‘not bothered about ‘ and get some kind of amusement about people moaning , each to their own yup just accept its happend and we wont be rejoining for 5 or 10 years and you will save giving ya self an ulcer over it "

Is it only politics and Brexit your ‘not bothered about’ ? I won’t be getting an ulcer , your confusing have an interest in a subject with it making you poorly, I might head over to the club section and post how I am ‘not bothered ‘ about any of the clubs

"I note that nobody has come up with any other country that has ever applied sanctions to itself."

Nazi Germany?

By *ornyfuckers66Couple  over a year ago

fife

Communist Scotland

"Communist Scotland "

When did that happen?

fife

"Communist Scotland

When did that happen? "

No bridge tolls

No prescription fees

Free university

Let’s keep voting till we win

First minister on higher salary than PM

All at the expense of higher taxation

"Communist Scotland

When did that happen?

No bridge tolls

No prescription fees

Free university

Let’s keep voting till we win

First minister on higher salary than PM

All at the expense of higher taxation "

Those crazy communists with their free medicine and free university, madness

"Communist Scotland "

eh?

"Communist Scotland

eh?"

Communism, free prescriptions and no university fees,

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"Communist Scotland

eh?

Communism, free prescriptions and no university fees, "

For some, not all.

"Communist Scotland

eh?

Communism, free prescriptions and no university fees,

For some, not all.

"

Not communism then

fife

"And ordinary people were able to holiday all winter eh? Id say anyone who can afford to holiday three months at a time are not in the majority"

Clearly never visited the canaries where the elderly flock too to save money

[Removed by poster at 28/09/21 18:14:08]

borehamwood

Clearly never visited the canaries where the elderly flock too to save money "

still not the majority of people like i said most peeps are lucky if they can afford a couple of weeks away a year

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Clearly never visited the canaries where the elderly flock too to save money still not the majority of people like i said most peeps are lucky if they can afford a couple of weeks away a year"

Before brexit and covid, it was perfectly possible for somebody on a pension to spend the winter in southern europe, either at off peak rates for a budget rental or even staying with friends, for less money than they would have to spend on winter fuel bills in the colder parts of the UK. Nothing to do with holidaying, just being able to have a better old age than they are allowed to now.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58721085

The B word is pretty prevalent in this.

It’s not gone well has it? Let’s face it. Costs up and scarcity of goods now and on the horizon.

At this point, I'm guessing no other country has ever been dumb enough to sanction itself in the way we have.

fife

"At this point, I'm guessing no other country has ever been dumb enough to sanction itself in the way we have."

Other than Scotland as stated previously Voted remain twice and wee jimmy crankie will persist until I’ve lost twice That said COVID was unknown and in my humble opinion has far reaching implications many yet unknown. Far too balanced for me so to stir things up why are our Ryder cup golfers playing (term used loosely) under ‘a European flag’ There is no such thing !

"At this point, I'm guessing no other country has ever been dumb enough to sanction itself in the way we have.

Other than Scotland as stated previously Voted remain twice and wee jimmy crankie will persist until I’ve lost twice That said COVID was unknown and in my humble opinion has far reaching implications many yet unknown. Far too balanced for me so to stir things up why are our Ryder cup golfers playing (term used loosely) under ‘a European flag’ There is no such thing ! "

Eh?

Clearly never visited the canaries where the elderly flock too to save money still not the majority of people like i said most peeps are lucky if they can afford a couple of weeks away a year

Before brexit and covid, it was perfectly possible for somebody on a pension to spend the winter in southern europe, either at off peak rates for a budget rental or even staying with friends, for less money than they would have to spend on winter fuel bills in the colder parts of the UK. Nothing to do with holidaying, just being able to have a better old age than they are allowed to now."

This

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Clearly never visited the canaries where the elderly flock too to save money still not the majority of people like i said most peeps are lucky if they can afford a couple of weeks away a year

Before brexit and covid, it was perfectly possible for somebody on a pension to spend the winter in southern europe, either at off peak rates for a budget rental or even staying with friends, for less money than they would have to spend on winter fuel bills in the colder parts of the UK. Nothing to do with holidaying, just being able to have a better old age than they are allowed to now."

So they just apply for a visa

borehamwood

Before brexit and covid, it was perfectly possible for somebody on a pension to spend the winter in southern europe, either at off peak rates for a budget rental or even staying with friends, for less money than they would have to spend on winter fuel bills in the colder parts of the UK. Nothing to do with holidaying, just being able to have a better old age than they are allowed to now.

This"

ah the same old people who voted for brexit eh and ruined it for all the youngsters thats the usual line thrown out when talking about people who voted to leave,why the sudden concern about the people who voted for it.

Stockport

Thisah the same old people who voted for brexit eh and ruined it for all the youngsters thats the usual line thrown out when talking about people who voted to leave,why the sudden concern about the people who voted for it."

Not every old person voted for brexit.

borehamwood

Thisah the same old people who voted for brexit eh and ruined it for all the youngsters thats the usual line thrown out when talking about people who voted to leave,why the sudden concern about the people who voted for it.

Not every old person voted for brexit. "

really i remember on here a cpl of years ago people sloagging oaps off saying they would be dead in a couple of years and they had fucked things up for the younger generation,but hey your talking about the oldies who can afford to fuck off abroad for the winter,i guess that is the oldies who have made all that cash sitting on a house they paid pennies for eh,ooops my mistake you wouldnt stick up for those there all tory voters lol

Thisah the same old people who voted for brexit eh and ruined it for all the youngsters thats the usual line thrown out when talking about people who voted to leave,why the sudden concern about the people who voted for it.

Not every old person voted for brexit. really i remember on here a cpl of years ago people sloagging oaps off saying they would be dead in a couple of years and they had fucked things up for the younger generation,but hey your talking about the oldies who can afford to fuck off abroad for the winter,i guess that is the oldies who have made all that cash sitting on a house they paid pennies for eh,ooops my mistake you wouldnt stick up for those there all tory voters lol "

Not everyone who bought their home for ‘pennies’ voted for the conservatives

borehamwood

Come off it mate 3 or 4 years ago after the country voted to leave there were plenty on here blaming all the oldies for ruining the youngsters lives,but now it suits the argument its oh those poor old people cant go to southern europe for the winter,oh well they should of thought of that before they voted

"Come off it mate 3 or 4 years ago after the country voted to leave there were plenty on here blaming all the oldies for ruining the youngsters lives,but now it suits the argument its oh those poor old people cant go to southern europe for the winter,oh well they should of thought of that before they voted "

Not all the old voted for Brexit

fife

"At this point, I'm guessing no other country has ever been dumb enough to sanction itself in the way we have.

Other than Scotland as stated previously Voted remain twice and wee jimmy crankie will persist until I’ve lost twice That said COVID was unknown and in my humble opinion has far reaching implications many yet unknown. Far too balanced for me so to stir things up why are our Ryder cup golfers playing (term used loosely) under ‘a European flag’ There is no such thing !

Eh?"

Count the stars on the flag then get a European map and count the countries There is no European flag As for the idiot saying using the argument because it suits…. Clearly the argument is now proved

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

Not every old person voted for brexit. "

My parents voted to leave. Utterly baffling. They are in their 70s. Reasonably well off. They own a pretty fancy motorhome that they spend half the year touring Europe in. Yet they voted to leave. I remember my sister and I trying to reason with them. But they said they were doing it for their grandkids. Every single member of our family voted to remain. Their kids, their nephews and nieces, their siblings. Their grandkids of voting age. Everyone voted to remain. Except them. At the time they brought out all the usual nonsense about control etc. My mum even said something about why should she be served by a Polish woman at the local shop. I told her that that woman might be the wife of the Polish friend and colleague I work with. The degree educated software developer, higher rate tax payer, in the U.K. working for an IT company that, amongst others, services the NHS. The really depressing thing is that they have travelled and lived all over the world. Asia, Europe, USA. It’s not like they fit the never-been-beyond-my-road group. I’d lived in 5 different countries by the time I was 12. I even reminded my mother that *she* worked in a cafe when we lived in the USA as immigrants (sorry, “expats”, we are white). And if memory serves me right I think she had to even be paid under the table as she didn’t have a work permit.

Absolutely baffling.

-Matt

Not every old person voted for brexit.

My parents voted to leave. Utterly baffling. They are in their 70s. Reasonably well off. They own a pretty fancy motorhome that they spend half the year touring Europe in. Yet they voted to leave. I remember my sister and I trying to reason with them. But they said they were doing it for their grandkids. Every single member of our family voted to remain. Their kids, their nephews and nieces, their siblings. Their grandkids of voting age. Everyone voted to remain. Except them. At the time they brought out all the usual nonsense about control etc. My mum even said something about why should she be served by a Polish woman at the local shop. I told her that that woman might be the wife of the Polish friend and colleague I work with. The degree educated software developer, higher rate tax payer, in the U.K. working for an IT company that, amongst others, services the NHS. The really depressing thing is that they have travelled and lived all over the world. Asia, Europe, USA. It’s not like they fit the never-been-beyond-my-road group. I’d lived in 5 different countries by the time I was 12. I even reminded my mother that *she* worked in a cafe when we lived in the USA as immigrants (sorry, “expats”, we are white). And if memory serves me right I think she had to even be paid under the table as she didn’t have a work permit.

Absolutely baffling.

-Matt"

How are they feeling about it all now? Are they enjoying having ‘control’ ?

Eh?

Count the stars on the flag then get a European map and count the countries There is no European flag As for the idiot saying using the argument because it suits…. Clearly the argument is now proved"

Eh?

borehamwood

"Come off it mate 3 or 4 years ago after the country voted to leave there were plenty on here blaming all the oldies for ruining the youngsters lives,but now it suits the argument its oh those poor old people cant go to southern europe for the winter,oh well they should of thought of that before they voted

Not all the old voted for Brexit "

from the hatred poured out on here towards old people not three years ago id say a lot of people who voted remain would disagree with you,apparently it was all the fault of uneducated people and old folk,i even remember some saying there should be an upper age limit on voting as if your in your 70s and vote for something that could have a negative effect that they wouldnt be around long enough to have to deal with the fall out of there decision,

"Come off it mate 3 or 4 years ago after the country voted to leave there were plenty on here blaming all the oldies for ruining the youngsters lives,but now it suits the argument its oh those poor old people cant go to southern europe for the winter,oh well they should of thought of that before they voted

Not all the old voted for Brexit from the hatred poured out on here towards old people not three years ago id say a lot of people who voted remain would disagree with you,apparently it was all the fault of uneducated people and old folk,i even remember some saying there should be an upper age limit on voting as if your in your 70s and vote for something that could have a negative effect that they wouldnt be around long enough to have to deal with the fall out of there decision,"

Not all ‘uneducated’ and old people voted for Brexit,

By *ertwoCouple  over a year ago

omagh

Yes the Irish Republic it followed every demand the EU made and shot its self in both feet. They turned a blind eye to the fact that 90% of the goods sold there come from the UK. They could have worked on the UKs side and had a better future. Now small business are closing due to delays and added costs caused by customs.

By *ertwoCouple  over a year ago

omagh

We haven't applied sanctions, but you know that already."

Also the only thing stopping people regardless of age traveling is covid not brexit. Mybe some of the idiots on here should go out a drive a lorry instead of laying on their asses

fife

Seems that COVID has had no impact and it’s all BRexit related ! Voted remain but if the global economy shuts down for over a year there is gonna be an impact This ain’t all Brexit

"Seems that COVID has had no impact and it’s all BRexit related ! Voted remain but if the global economy shuts down for over a year there is gonna be an impact This ain’t all Brexit "

Eh?

borehamwood

Not all the old voted for Brexit from the hatred poured out on here towards old people not three years ago id say a lot of people who voted remain would disagree with you,apparently it was all the fault of uneducated people and old folk,i even remember some saying there should be an upper age limit on voting as if your in your 70s and vote for something that could have a negative effect that they wouldnt be around long enough to have to deal with the fall out of there decision,

Not all ‘uneducated’ and old people voted for Brexit, "

not all but judging from the comments on here the last few years remain voters seem to think the majority did,so again why so concerned about the old folk not being able to holiday all winter,surley the majority of them voted to stop themselves going abroad for the winter or are your concerns just for those who voted remain,if thats the case why not just say people who voted remain cant holiday for more than 3months out of every six we all know remain voters couldnt give a fuck about those who voted for leave or just didnt vote,

Not all the old voted for Brexit from the hatred poured out on here towards old people not three years ago id say a lot of people who voted remain would disagree with you,apparently it was all the fault of uneducated people and old folk,i even remember some saying there should be an upper age limit on voting as if your in your 70s and vote for something that could have a negative effect that they wouldnt be around long enough to have to deal with the fall out of there decision,

Not all ‘uneducated’ and old people voted for Brexit, not all but judging from the comments on here the last few years remain voters seem to think the majority did,so again why so concerned about the old folk not being able to holiday all winter,surley the majority of them voted to stop themselves going abroad for the winter or are your concerns just for those who voted remain,if thats the case why not just say people who voted remain cant holiday for more than 3months out of every six we all know remain voters couldnt give a fuck about those who voted for leave or just didnt vote,"

Do you give a shit about leave, remain or none voters?

borehamwood

Not all ‘uneducated’ and old people voted for Brexit, not all but judging from the comments on here the last few years remain voters seem to think the majority did,so again why so concerned about the old folk not being able to holiday all winter,surley the majority of them voted to stop themselves going abroad for the winter or are your concerns just for those who voted remain,if thats the case why not just say people who voted remain cant holiday for more than 3months out of every six we all know remain voters couldnt give a fuck about those who voted for leave or just didnt vote,

Do you give a shit about leave, remain or none voters? "

i worry about freinds and family thats it dont matter if they voted remain leave labour tory or never vote,why would i give a shit about total strangers?

North West

So they just apply for a visa "

Which is a restriction right?

And as I noted the visa is unlikely to be available to everyone as it was previously - just those with a demonstrable income above a certain threshold.

Not all ‘uneducated’ and old people voted for Brexit, not all but judging from the comments on here the last few years remain voters seem to think the majority did,so again why so concerned about the old folk not being able to holiday all winter,surley the majority of them voted to stop themselves going abroad for the winter or are your concerns just for those who voted remain,if thats the case why not just say people who voted remain cant holiday for more than 3months out of every six we all know remain voters couldnt give a fuck about those who voted for leave or just didnt vote,

Do you give a shit about leave, remain or none voters? i worry about freinds and family thats it dont matter if they voted remain leave labour tory or never vote,why would i give a shit about total strangers?"

Exactly, but your on here moaning and complaining about total strangers moaning and complaining?

borehamwood

Do you give a shit about leave, remain or none voters? i worry about freinds and family thats it dont matter if they voted remain leave labour tory or never vote,why would i give a shit about total strangers?

Exactly, but your on here moaning and complaining about total strangers moaning and complaining? "

you seem to have a real bug up your arse about me posting in the forums,if it bothers you that much dont converse with me,i replied to polly yet you took it on yourself to join in,if u dont like my posts and it bothers you so much me posting then ignore anything i write.Its really not that difficult,but if u wana keep replying i will keep laughing

Do you give a shit about leave, remain or none voters? i worry about freinds and family thats it dont matter if they voted remain leave labour tory or never vote,why would i give a shit about total strangers?

Exactly, but your on here moaning and complaining about total strangers moaning and complaining? you seem to have a real bug up your arse about me posting in the forums,if it bothers you that much dont converse with me,i replied to polly yet you took it on yourself to join in,if u dont like my posts and it bothers you so much me posting then ignore anything i write.Its really not that difficult,but if u wana keep replying i will keep laughing"

No bug, you can post what you want mate, you can come on here and moan and complain about people moaning and complaining on subjects you don’t care about all you like, each to their own

borehamwood

Exactly, but your on here moaning and complaining about total strangers moaning and complaining? you seem to have a real bug up your arse about me posting in the forums,if it bothers you that much dont converse with me,i replied to polly yet you took it on yourself to join in,if u dont like my posts and it bothers you so much me posting then ignore anything i write.Its really not that difficult,but if u wana keep replying i will keep laughing

No bug, you can post what you want mate, you can come on here and moan and complain about people moaning and complaining on subjects you don’t care about all you like, each to their own "

oh i will do only reason i replied about pensioners not being able to holiday all winter is i remember the majority of remain voters on here couldnt wait for the old to die of as they had ruined the lifes of all the youngsters,just find it strange people are concerned about them not being able to escape to the sun anymore

Exactly, but your on here moaning and complaining about total strangers moaning and complaining? you seem to have a real bug up your arse about me posting in the forums,if it bothers you that much dont converse with me,i replied to polly yet you took it on yourself to join in,if u dont like my posts and it bothers you so much me posting then ignore anything i write.Its really not that difficult,but if u wana keep replying i will keep laughing

No bug, you can post what you want mate, you can come on here and moan and complain about people moaning and complaining on subjects you don’t care about all you like, each to their own oh i will do only reason i replied about pensioners not being able to holiday all winter is i remember the majority of remain voters on here couldnt wait for the old to die of as they had ruined the lifes of all the youngsters,just find it strange people are concerned about them not being able to escape to the sun anymore "

So you are Interested in what strangers on here are saying ? Anyway, back to the OP, can you think of any countries that have self imposed sanctions on themselves

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

Any country that threatens to or does drop the dollar.

Thisah the same old people who voted for brexit eh and ruined it for all the youngsters thats the usual line thrown out when talking about people who voted to leave,why the sudden concern about the people who voted for it."

Oi you talking and presuming at the same time!

How have you managed that.....

Stockport

No bug, you can post what you want mate, you can come on here and moan and complain about people moaning and complaining on subjects you don’t care about all you like, each to their own oh i will do only reason i replied about pensioners not being able to holiday all winter is i remember the majority of remain voters on here couldnt wait for the old to die of as they had ruined the lifes of all the youngsters,just find it strange people are concerned about them not being able to escape to the sun anymore "

I don't remember myself ever complaining about any particular age group as regards Brexit. I do feel very aggrieved about all those that uncritically swallowed the crap pushed by Farage, Johnson, and a load of multi-millionaires that don't even live in the UK - but that included people old, young and all points between. The ones that I feel sorry for now are all those who knew that Brexit would be crap, knew that it would make everyone except the chosen few very much poorer, knew that it would ruin the prospects of our children and grandchildren, and knew that it would ruin our hopes of one day being able to easily retire to a better climate.

So no, I am not concerned in the slightest about any problems that have been caused for anybody that voted leave, they voted in favour of a crapshow and they have got a crapshow. Given that those leave voters have spent the last six years slagging me off at every opportunity, why should I give any fucks about them whatsoever. My sympathies are totally and only with all of us who knew it was a crap idea, but have still been sucked into the shit.

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

No bug, you can post what you want mate, you can come on here and moan and complain about people moaning and complaining on subjects you don’t care about all you like, each to their own oh i will do only reason i replied about pensioners not being able to holiday all winter is i remember the majority of remain voters on here couldnt wait for the old to die of as they had ruined the lifes of all the youngsters,just find it strange people are concerned about them not being able to escape to the sun anymore

I don't remember myself ever complaining about any particular age group as regards Brexit. I do feel very aggrieved about all those that uncritically swallowed the crap pushed by Farage, Johnson, and a load of multi-millionaires that don't even live in the UK - but that included people old, young and all points between. The ones that I feel sorry for now are all those who knew that Brexit would be crap, knew that it would make everyone except the chosen few very much poorer, knew that it would ruin the prospects of our children and grandchildren, and knew that it would ruin our hopes of one day being able to easily retire to a better climate.

So no, I am not concerned in the slightest about any problems that have been caused for anybody that voted leave, they voted in favour of a crapshow and they have got a crapshow. Given that those leave voters have spent the last six years slagging me off at every opportunity, why should I give any fucks about them whatsoever. My sympathies are totally and only with all of us who knew it was a crap idea, but have still been sucked into the shit.

"

That's politics you have to accept the majority vote.

By *or Fox SakeCouple  over a year ago

Thornaby

No bug, you can post what you want mate, you can come on here and moan and complain about people moaning and complaining on subjects you don’t care about all you like, each to their own oh i will do only reason i replied about pensioners not being able to holiday all winter is i remember the majority of remain voters on here couldnt wait for the old to die of as they had ruined the lifes of all the youngsters,just find it strange people are concerned about them not being able to escape to the sun anymore

That's politics you have to accept the majority vote."

If that's the case why didn't the likes of Farage accept the original vote, then say he wouldn't accept a vote to remain in the EU?

By *uninlondon69Man  over a year ago

Lewisham

"

That's politics you have to accept the majority vote."

Or in this case what only 37% of the population voted for.

By *eanoCoolMan  over a year ago

wisbech

"

Or in this case what only 37% of the population voted for. "

If only more of the population had taken a Interest then maybe things would have been different.

borehamwood

"

Or in this case what only 37% of the population voted for. "

how much of a percent voted to remain?ooops if others like me had of botherd to vite the result may have been different

By *or Fox SakeCouple  over a year ago

Thornaby

"

Or in this case what only 37% of the population voted for. how much of a percent voted to remain?ooops if others like me had of botherd to vite the result may have been different"

So to come back to the topic, any other countries voted to impose economic sanctions on themselves?

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"

Or in this case what only 37% of the population voted for.

If only more of the population had taken a Interest then maybe things would have been different."

that’s the same with every GE

borehamwood

[Removed by poster at 30/09/21 17:13:04]

By *rLibertineMan  over a year ago

North Suffolk

"

Or in this case what only 37% of the population voted for. how much of a percent voted to remain?ooops if others like me had of botherd to vite the result may have been different

So to come back to the topic, any other countries voted to impose economic sanctions on themselves?"

you mean has any country decided to voluntarily leave a trade agreement with its single largest trading partner…..

Not that i am aware of….. which surprises me as it seems such a good idea….

By *rLibertineMan  over a year ago

North Suffolk

Thanks for the personal message

sexycouple999

Sorry you seem so riled - has it been a tough week?

I would apologise but alas after messaging me - you have blocked me… x

By *uietbloke67Man  over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

Off shore hidden tax haven accounts still intact.

Yip

Live the consequences of brexit poor people and like it

I can't be bothered to read the full back and forth. But I'm guessing nobody has come up with an example of a country deliberately shooting itself in the foot - economically speaking - in quite such a spectactular way as us.

Stockport

"I can't be bothered to read the full back and forth. But I'm guessing nobody has come up with an example of a country deliberately shooting itself in the foot - economically speaking - in quite such a spectactular way as us."

Well let's face it, they would have to be either mad or deluded to intentionally do such a thing.

"I can't be bothered to read the full back and forth. But I'm guessing nobody has come up with an example of a country deliberately shooting itself in the foot - economically speaking - in quite such a spectactular way as us.

Well let's face it, they would have to be either mad or deluded to intentionally do such a thing."

» Add a new message to this topic