FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Covid masks

Covid masks

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ackal1 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

So yesterday the health services advice was the government should introduce mask wearing in public places immediately due to the increasing number of cases.

The government are saying it’s not needed yet and will damage the economy. I think we are mostly all capable of going about our daily lives and wearing a mask in public places so not sure what that’s about?

Can we take a book on how long before the numbers get to a point where the government say oh go on then we need masks ?

Will it be even more deaths or will it be the NHS unable to cope and cancelling other procedures to add to the waiting list and yet more unnecessary deaths there too?

I can’t see why such a simple thing is fought so much.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"So yesterday the health services advice was the government should introduce mask wearing in public places immediately due to the increasing number of cases.

The government are saying it’s not needed yet and will damage the economy. I think we are mostly all capable of going about our daily lives and wearing a mask in public places so not sure what that’s about?

Can we take a book on how long before the numbers get to a point where the government say oh go on then we need masks ?

Will it be even more deaths or will it be the NHS unable to cope and cancelling other procedures to add to the waiting list and yet more unnecessary deaths there too?

"

Why do they think wearing masks damage the economy? It will be reinstated when a few more thousand die, the usual dither and delay

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Blimey i would have thought going by your theory they would have jumped at the chance to put more money in their friends pockets by making people buy them again the worlds gone mad.

"Blimey i would have thought going by your theory they would have jumped at the chance to put more money in their friends pockets by making people buy them again the worlds gone mad."

Why? Their ‘mates’ don’t have the monopoly on masks anymore

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Do we really need to be told to wear masks in higher risk places?

near ipswich

"Do we really need to be told to wear masks in higher risk places? "
Nope but i guess common sense is not so common these days.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"Do we really need to be told to wear masks in higher risk places? Nope but i guess common sense is not so common these days."
hospital admissions are at 5% of what they where at it’s highest no need for panic but some just can’t help but panic lol

"Do we really need to be told to wear masks in higher risk places? Nope but i guess common sense is not so common these days.hospital admissions are at 5% of what they where at it’s highest no need for panic but some just can’t help but panic lol"

I agree, unfortunately they are going up though , I personally think we will be ok,

thornaby

"Do we really need to be told to wear masks in higher risk places? Nope but i guess common sense is not so common these days.hospital admissions are at 5% of what they where at it’s highest no need for panic but some just can’t help but panic lol

I agree, unfortunately they are going up though , I personally think we will be ok, "

I think your like me on this and expect the nhs to wamt ppl to wear masks it’s normal they want that but we nearly all double jabbed now and boosters are out we need to move on now start living normal again or we will end up like Tokyo

By *adetMan  over a year ago

Ipswich

The increase seems to be largely in school age children

Is mask wearing still in force in schools or did they ditch it?

By *eanoCoolMan  over a year ago

wisbech

"The increase seems to be largely in school age children

Is mask wearing still in force in schools or did they ditch it? "

No masks any more in my lads school mate, some kids are having jabs but not all as some have refused.

By *lderguy4uMan  over a year ago

wirral

"Do we really need to be told to wear masks in higher risk places? Nope but i guess common sense is not so common these days.hospital admissions are at 5% of what they where at it’s highest no need for panic but some just can’t help but panic lol

I agree, unfortunately they are going up though , I personally think we will be ok, I think your like me on this and expect the nhs to wamt ppl to wear masks it’s normal they want that but we nearly all double jabbed now and boosters are out we need to move on now start living normal again or we will end up like Tokyo "

Well said

Manchester

"Blimey i would have thought going by your theory they would have jumped at the chance to put more money in their friends pockets by making people buy them again the worlds gone mad."

Yes I did think about that topic but thought let’s keep it about health . Thanks for adding .

Manchester

"Do we really need to be told to wear masks in higher risk places? "

Judging by the lack of masks indeed we do.

I’m not claiming there will be another 100k deaths but wearing a mask is something so simple to help stop the spread. Obviously now it’s not a law nobody is bothering.

Why not have it as a rule as we know it definitely helps and doesn’t stop anyone working.

I’m not advocating pubs, clubs or football just places where we all “have” to mix. Vulnerable or their relatives can avoid pubs, clubs and football matches but not always buses shops trains etc.

It’s not rocket science so why not?

thornaby

"Do we really need to be told to wear masks in higher risk places?

I’m not claiming there will be another 100k deaths but wearing a mask is something so simple to help stop the spread. Obviously now it’s not a law nobody is bothering.

Why not have it as a rule as we know it definitely helps and doesn’t stop anyone working.

I’m not advocating pubs, clubs or football just places where we all “have” to mix. Vulnerable or their relatives can avoid pubs, clubs and football matches but not always buses shops trains etc.

"

to be honest jackal Iv never really thought they offer much benifit unless everyone uses the reall medical ones Iv never seen much point if people are that worried stay home that’s my take on it

Manchester

to be honest jackal Iv never really thought they offer much benifit unless everyone uses the reall medical ones Iv never seen much point if people are that worried stay home that’s my take on it "

The medical ones reduce risk by a large amount but even the scarfs are miles better than nothing.

I don’t agree everyone should have to keep paying if they have a scarf or visor etc etc

We’re not working in hospital just reducing the risk .

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

"So yesterday the health services advice was the government should introduce mask wearing in public places immediately due to the increasing number of cases.

"

Soon I hope as Fed up looking the odd one out in shops

thornaby

to be honest jackal Iv never really thought they offer much benifit unless everyone uses the reall medical ones Iv never seen much point if people are that worried stay home that’s my take on it

The medical ones reduce risk by a large amount but even the scarfs are miles better than nothing.

I don’t agree everyone should have to keep paying if they have a scarf or visor etc etc

We’re not working in hospital just reducing the risk . "

I just don’t think them cheap white and blue ones do anything to reduce it soon as there wet there useless

Manchester

We’re not working in hospital just reducing the risk . I just don’t think them cheap white and blue ones do anything to reduce it soon as there wet there useless "

Don’t wear it in the rain then!

thornaby

We’re not working in hospital just reducing the risk . I just don’t think them cheap white and blue ones do anything to reduce it soon as there wet there useless

Don’t wear it in the rain then! "

it’s Teesside it’s always raining lol they only last 15 mins then they are soaking feel bad for poor soda doing 12 hr shifts in them

By *Just meMan  over a year ago

basingstoke

Some schools are starting to reinstate mask wearing... Teachers claim they have clear instruction yet can these teachers not work out that if asks are worn they could reduce cases spreading through the school population! How stupid are teachers if they cannot make their own decision and work it out!

thornaby

"Some schools are starting to reinstate mask wearing... Teachers claim they have clear instruction yet can these teachers not work out that if asks are worn they could reduce cases spreading through the school population! How stupid are teachers if they cannot make their own decision and work it out!"
there’s no point in masks if your still allowed to mix tho

Manchester

"Some schools are starting to reinstate mask wearing... Teachers claim they have clear instruction yet can these teachers not work out that if asks are worn they could reduce cases spreading through the school population! How stupid are teachers if they cannot make their own decision and work it out! there’s no point in masks if your still allowed to mix tho "

It make the wearer safer but also stops the wearer passing the virus quite so easily .

By *coptoCouple  over a year ago

Côte d'Azur & Great Yarmouth

We’re in France so for us it’s quite simple: you’re not allowed on public transport without wearing a mask; until recently you weren’t allowed in open-air markets without one, some local areas still enforce it. You’re not allowed in a restaurant, bar, club museum, football match etc. without proof of double-vaccination or a (very) recent test. You’re not allowed near the vulnerable (hospital, old people’s homes etc.) without both. No ifs, buts or exceptions, if you don’t like it stay at home.

The UK Government seems frightened to take any enforcement action which might lose a vote or two, but the trouble with sitting on a fence is that you can fall off both sides.

thornaby

"Some schools are starting to reinstate mask wearing... Teachers claim they have clear instruction yet can these teachers not work out that if asks are worn they could reduce cases spreading through the school population! How stupid are teachers if they cannot make their own decision and work it out! there’s no point in masks if your still allowed to mix tho

It make the wearer safer but also stops the wearer passing the virus quite so easily .

"

not in a school if there not distancing mate a mask is pointless then just as easy to pass it on of a hand

By *mateur100Man  over a year ago

nr faversham

Just wear the bloody thing

By *ifty69Man  over a year ago

north tyneside

"Just wear the bloody thing"
exactly it’s not rocket science but some folk are so thick !!!

nr faversham

"Just wear the bloody thingexactly it’s not rocket science but some folk are so thick !!!"

And yet covering the mouth but not the nose is all over the place

Manchester

"Some schools are starting to reinstate mask wearing... Teachers claim they have clear instruction yet can these teachers not work out that if asks are worn they could reduce cases spreading through the school population! How stupid are teachers if they cannot make their own decision and work it out! there’s no point in masks if your still allowed to mix tho

not in a school if there not distancing mate a mask is pointless then just as easy to pass it on of a hand "

Whilst children can pass the virus they are mostly not affected and I can’t remember where I read this but the younger children are something like five times less likely to pass the virus on. I can’t remember what the reason was or if they had even worked out why that was

Teachers , assistants just wear a bloody mask and gloves if you like.

Manchester

"Just wear the bloody thingexactly it’s not rocket science but some folk are so thick !!!

And yet covering the mouth but not the nose is all over the place"

Yes what is that about?? Imbeciles. Why do they bother with a mask?

I think it is weird and bullying to expect us to cover our faces. How can we talk to each other properly? We need to see each others faces to read expressions. Ita how we work. Imagine telling us what we can or cannot wear when we are simply minding our own business ?

(Views may not be posters own ..

)

nr faversham

"I think it is weird and bullying to expect us to cover our faces. How can we talk to each other properly? We need to see each others faces to read expressions. Ita how we work. Imagine telling us what we can or cannot wear when we are simply minding our own business ?

You're not serious??

)"

Manchester

"I think it is weird and bullying to expect us to cover our faces. How can we talk to each other properly? We need to see each others faces to read expressions. Ita how we work. Imagine telling us what we can or cannot wear when we are simply minding our own business ?

)"

By *azylivingMan  over a year ago

swansea / Bristol

We haven’t stopped wearing masks in wales.

Masks are good, hand santisters are better.

To reduce the risk for yourself and others.

Manchester

Boris says it’s not critical yet. So the fact it’s increasing and killing people is not good enough to just wear masks to help towards preventing the spread.

Just ridiculous . If it drops numbers surely it’s worth doing. Spare beds and doctors can help other illnesses and the huge waiting lists instead of being occupied by unnecessary Covid cases.

I don’t see the problem with a simple public place wear a mask I really don’t.

thornaby

"Boris says it’s not critical yet. So the fact it’s increasing and killing people is not good enough to just wear masks to help towards preventing the spread.

Just ridiculous . If it drops numbers surely it’s worth doing. Spare beds and doctors can help other illnesses and the huge waiting lists instead of being occupied by unnecessary Covid cases.

I don’t see the problem with a simple public place wear a mask I really don’t. "

doctors can help lol they would have to see ppl first mate and if you want to wear a mask it’s your choice same for everyone

near ipswich

I would have thought it was common sense to keep wearing one in shops etc, ive had 3 jabs now and still do but can also see why the government is reluctant to impose rules i think there would be a lot of none compliance this time and no good having rules if you cant enforce them.

Wales has the strictest rules in the uk for wearing masks, covid passports etc but have the highest infection rate so that doesn't seem to be helping at all the only thing that seems to work is lockdown and no one wants that.

just my opinion and not based on any politics.

thornaby

"I would have thought it was common sense to keep wearing one in shops etc, ive had 3 jabs now and still do but can also see why the government is reluctant to impose rules i think there would be a lot of none compliance this time and no good having rules if you cant enforce them.

Wales has the strictest rules in the uk for wearing masks, covid passports etc but have the highest infection rate so that doesn't seem to be helping at all the only thing that seems to work is lockdown and no one wants that.

just my opinion and not based on any politics."

goes to show mate masks arnt any good woth out social distancing iv not seen anyone changing there mask while out so a waste of time in my opinion

near ipswich

"I would have thought it was common sense to keep wearing one in shops etc, ive had 3 jabs now and still do but can also see why the government is reluctant to impose rules i think there would be a lot of none compliance this time and no good having rules if you cant enforce them.

just my opinion and not based on any politics.goes to show mate masks arnt any good woth out social distancing iv not seen anyone changing there mask while out so a waste of time in my opinion "

well i think every little helps so i keep wearing mine but as i said going by the figures for wales it doesnt seem to make any difference i think N ireland is similar with higher cases per million than England too.

thornaby

just my opinion and not based on any politics.goes to show mate masks arnt any good woth out social distancing iv not seen anyone changing there mask while out so a waste of time in my opinion well i think every little helps so i keep wearing mine but as i said going by the figures for wales it doesnt seem to make any difference i think N ireland is similar with higher cases per million than England too. "

ye good on ya mate Iv never been a big believer in the masks tbh I’m in a hospital 6 days a week and can tell you that they don’t change them as often as should and wear them woth the nose out I don’t blame them tho I couldn’t do 13 hrs in them

Manchester

just my opinion and not based on any politics.goes to show mate masks arnt any good woth out social distancing iv not seen anyone changing there mask while out so a waste of time in my opinion well i think every little helps so i keep wearing mine but as i said going by the figures for wales it doesnt seem to make any difference i think N ireland is similar with higher cases per million than England too. "

Your right it does help.

The science says it helps a lot and I still wear one in shops etc The stats claim 70% less likely to get Covid with a mask due to droplets of sneezes cough talking bring main source of transmission.

I have vulnerable relatives to think of too.

Figures in Wales and Scotland would be much worse without masks.

thornaby

just my opinion and not based on any politics.goes to show mate masks arnt any good woth out social distancing iv not seen anyone changing there mask while out so a waste of time in my opinion well i think every little helps so i keep wearing mine but as i said going by the figures for wales it doesnt seem to make any difference i think N ireland is similar with higher cases per million than England too.

Your right it does help.

The science says it helps a lot and I still wear one in shops etc The stats claim 70% less likely to get Covid with a mask due to droplets of sneezes cough talking bring main source of transmission.

"

yet you said a while back that you would be happy to give your jab away to people in poorer countries you can’t be that worried then mate

Manchester

just my opinion and not based on any politics.goes to show mate masks arnt any good woth out social distancing iv not seen anyone changing there mask while out so a waste of time in my opinion well i think every little helps so i keep wearing mine but as i said going by the figures for wales it doesnt seem to make any difference i think N ireland is similar with higher cases per million than England too.

Your right it does help.

yet you said a while back that you would be happy to give your jab away to people in poorer countries you can’t be that worried then mate "

Feel free to show me that statement..

I think you will find I said not sharing the vaccine with poor countries will mean Covid will mutate and come back to haunt us making our own vaccine less effective.

The debate here is about wearing masks to stop the virus spreading . Keep up..

or are you against masks being used to save lives??

By *ifty69Man  over a year ago

north tyneside

Wear a mask, don’t be selfish

nr faversham

"Wear a mask, don’t be selfish "

?? It's not a huge ask us it

thornaby

Your right it does help.

yet you said a while back that you would be happy to give your jab away to people in poorer countries you can’t be that worried then mate

Feel free to show me that statement..

I think you will find I said not sharing the vaccine with poor countries will mean Covid will mutate and come back to haunt us making our own vaccine less effective.

The debate here is about wearing masks to stop the virus spreading . Keep up..

or are you against masks being used to save lives?? "

okies bud if you say so I’ll leave it there lol no where did I say that I said wear a mask if that’s what you want it’s your choice but I just think we need to move on back to normal life we’ve all had the vaccine now people will die they die of the flu pneumonia should we wear a mask forever then ?

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

"

"

Looking like Wednesday!

"

Looking like Wednesday!"

That soon?

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

"

Looking like Wednesday!

That soon?

"

So some of the rumours I've seen say.

Hope so, save me a trip into Bracknell (no-one wants to do that).

Manchester

So all workers in Parliament have to now wear masks. MP’s are exempt from the compulsory rule as they are not employed by Parliament.. is it me or do they all work for the government?

Rees-Mogg says it’s ok for Tory MPs not to wear masks as they all know each other so they are complying with the regulations. So either he’s an imbecile or he’s just saying fuck you!!

My money is on the latter!!

Rishi with an eye on the leaders job will be wearing a mask during the budget.

If he needs to why doesn’t the population need to?

thornaby

"So all workers in Parliament have to now wear masks. MP’s are exempt from the compulsory rule as they are not employed by Parliament.. is it me or do they all work for the government?

Rees-Mogg says it’s ok for Tory MPs not to wear masks as they all know each other so they are complying with the regulations. So either he’s an imbecile or he’s just saying fuck you!!

If he needs to why doesn’t the population need to? "

how long do you want ppl to wear a mask jackal a few months a year bear in mind the flu kills aswell ?

Manchester

"So all workers in Parliament have to now wear masks. MP’s are exempt from the compulsory rule as they are not employed by Parliament.. is it me or do they all work for the government?

If he needs to why doesn’t the population need to? how long do you want ppl to wear a mask jackal a few months a year bear in mind the flu kills aswell ?"

As long as it takes to stop people dying so much if that’s ok with you? Does it make your life so terrible to wear one in an indoor public place ?

Is it a hardship??

thornaby

If he needs to why doesn’t the population need to? how long do you want ppl to wear a mask jackal a few months a year bear in mind the flu kills aswell ?

As long as it takes to stop people dying so much if that’s ok with you? Does it make your life so terrible to wear one in an indoor public place ?

Is it a hardship?? "

keep ya knickers in it’s a simple question that’s all ffs aslong as it takes you say covid will be among us forever just like the flu which also kill thousands a year so it’s a valid question how Long no not terrible but it’s not normal we have to get back to normality as soon as possible So again how long do you want to live with the mask ?

near ipswich

I agree every little helps but it doesn't explain why wales and N Ireland have more cases per million than the uk at present and they still have mandatory mask wearing.

Manchester

If he needs to why doesn’t the population need to? how long do you want ppl to wear a mask jackal a few months a year bear in mind the flu kills aswell ?

Is it a hardship?? keep ya knickers in it’s a simple question that’s all ffs aslong as it takes you say covid will be among us forever just like the flu which also kill thousands a year so it’s a valid question how Long no not terrible but it’s not normal we have to get back to normality as soon as possible So again how long do you want to live with the mask ?"

Maybe wearing masks will be the new normal who knows. Btw wearing masks helps to stop flu too.

Manchester

"I agree every little helps but it doesn't explain why wales and N Ireland have more cases per million than the uk at present and they still have mandatory mask wearing. "

I don’t know but the science says it does. Could be many reasons , lack of compliance , apathy, poor cramped housing. I can’t argue the point as I don’t know.

thornaby

Is it a hardship?? keep ya knickers in it’s a simple question that’s all ffs aslong as it takes you say covid will be among us forever just like the flu which also kill thousands a year so it’s a valid question how Long no not terrible but it’s not normal we have to get back to normality as soon as possible So again how long do you want to live with the mask ?

Maybe wearing masks will be the new normal who knows. Btw wearing masks helps to stop flu too. "

and there ya go that’s my point what was your opinion a few years back before covid did you want masks back then to protect ppl from the flu no of course you didn’t because it wasn’t in the news day in day out ppl talk on here say one thing but rarely do what they say it’s easy in a swingers site

Manchester

Is it a hardship?? keep ya knickers in it’s a simple question that’s all ffs aslong as it takes you say covid will be among us forever just like the flu which also kill thousands a year so it’s a valid question how Long no not terrible but it’s not normal we have to get back to normality as soon as possible So again how long do you want to live with the mask ?

Maybe wearing masks will be the new normal who knows. Btw wearing masks helps to stop flu too. and there ya go that’s my point what was your opinion a few years back before covid did you want masks back then to protect ppl from the flu no of course you didn’t because it wasn’t in the news day in day out ppl talk on here say one thing but rarely do what they say it’s easy in a swingers site "

I wasn’t aware of the effects of masks historically so not sure what your point there is and you are putting words in my mouth that I want masks just for the sake of it. I don’t want masks any more than anyone else . Covid has killed millions of people and the pandemic slaughtered our economy along with nearly breaking our health service . ( waiting lists ) When did flu last do that?

If wearing a mask helps prevent flu which it’s been suspected it has then it’s a side benefit .

Covid is the main reason to wear a mask and if you don’t think wearing a mask in a public enclosed space is a good thing then that’s your opinion . I think you’re wrong.

If it’s doesn’t harm you I don’t see the problem if it could save someone’s life .

thornaby

Maybe wearing masks will be the new normal who knows. Btw wearing masks helps to stop flu too. and there ya go that’s my point what was your opinion a few years back before covid did you want masks back then to protect ppl from the flu no of course you didn’t because it wasn’t in the news day in day out ppl talk on here say one thing but rarely do what they say it’s easy in a swingers site

I wasn’t aware of the effects of masks historically so not sure what your point there is and you are putting words in my mouth that I want masks just for the sake of it. I don’t want masks any more than anyone else . Covid has killed millions of people and the pandemic slaughtered our economy along with nearly breaking our health service . ( waiting lists ) When did flu last do that?

If wearing a mask helps prevent flu which it’s been suspected it has then it’s a side benefit .

Covid is the main reason to wear a mask and if you don’t think wearing a mask in a public enclosed space is a good thing then that’s your opinion . I think you’re wrong.

If it’s doesn’t harm you I don’t see the problem if it could save someone’s life . "

the lockdown slaughtered the economy if you want to wear a mask that’s fine I’m hoping the government don’t bring wearing a mask back and if you want to wear one in public places do it but don’t preach about it we are all adults and can make our own choices I asked you a simple question how long would you like to see masks around for bearing in mind we have the flu every year and now covid do you want it to be a yearly thing personally I think we should just learn to live with it not much more we can do now most are all vaccinated

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

"Do we really need to be told to wear masks in higher risk places? Nope but i guess common sense is not so common these days."

Common sense is very lacking from what I've seen so far out in public.

Compounded by the idiot Rees Mogg - leader of The House of Commons claiming when you are in a crowded room of over 600 people "and you know the other people around you and not strangers" that masks do not need to be worn in the workplace "according to Her Majesty's government".

Manchester

Maybe wearing masks will be the new normal who knows. Btw wearing masks helps to stop flu too. and there ya go that’s my point what was your opinion a few years back before covid did you want masks back then to protect ppl from the flu no of course you didn’t because it wasn’t in the news day in day out ppl talk on here say one thing but rarely do what they say it’s easy in a swingers site

If it’s doesn’t harm you I don’t see the problem if it could save someone’s life . the lockdown slaughtered the economy if you want to wear a mask that’s fine I’m hoping the government don’t bring wearing a mask back and if you want to wear one in public places do it but don’t preach about it we are all adults and can make our own choices I asked you a simple question how long would you like to see masks around for bearing in mind we have the flu every year and now covid do you want it to be a yearly thing personally I think we should just learn to live with it not much more we can do now most are all vaccinated "

If you read my posts again you can see I said I don’t want to wear a mask but if it helps save someone’s life and it’s not affecting my life then I don’t see the problem.

I said you would only have to wear in a public place like a bus train or busy shop like a supermarket. People who are vulnerable can chose not to go in a pub or a restaurant or a concert so don’t see the point of wearing them there. Places they have to use then a little consideration isn’t such a hardship is it.

I’m not preaching at all it’s an opinion. You obviously think it’s too much trouble which is your opinion.

One member of my family refuses to get the vaccine as he’s says it’s a waste of time. He has two young kids which shows you what a dick he is. Even if he thinks it’s a waste of time surely just for the sake of his kids he’d get the vaccine.

One guy who works for me got Covid last year (he’s mid 40s) and he’s still struggling with the after effects and can’t do his job properly yet. He has to rest a lot. So it’s not just the deaths it’s the related stuff too. Flu is not the same.

thornaby

If it’s doesn’t harm you I don’t see the problem if it could save someone’s life . the lockdown slaughtered the economy if you want to wear a mask that’s fine I’m hoping the government don’t bring wearing a mask back and if you want to wear one in public places do it but don’t preach about it we are all adults and can make our own choices I asked you a simple question how long would you like to see masks around for bearing in mind we have the flu every year and now covid do you want it to be a yearly thing personally I think we should just learn to live with it not much more we can do now most are all vaccinated

If you read my posts again you can see I said I don’t want to wear a mask but if it helps save someone’s life and it’s not affecting my life then I don’t see the problem.

I said you would only have to wear in a public place like a bus train or busy shop like a supermarket. People who are vulnerable can chose not to go in a pub or a restaurant or a concert so don’t see the point of wearing them there. Places they have to use then a little consideration isn’t such a hardship is it.

I’m not preaching at all it’s an opinion. You obviously think it’s too much trouble which is your opinion.

One member of my family refuses to get the vaccine as he’s says it’s a waste of time. He has two young kids which shows you what a dick he is. Even if he thinks it’s a waste of time surely just for the sake of his kids he’d get the vaccine.

One guy who works for me got Covid last year (he’s mid 40s) and he’s still struggling with the after effects and can’t do his job properly yet. He has to rest a lot. So it’s not just the deaths it’s the related stuff too. Flu is not the same.

"

mate it’s not a big ask for me I wear one every day in a hospital I obey the rules my wife and son both have had covid ok it was like a mild flu for them they are lucky but my argument is it’s never going away so how long do we go on like this personally I think we need to get back to normallaty like we do with flu google flu deaths in the U.K. it kills tens of thousands and it doesn’t even make the news I agree planes trains busses wear one but supermarkets are huge I don’t really see the point but that’s my personal opinion I wasn’t having a pop at you I always respect your posts sorry if I offended you tho

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

If it’s doesn’t harm you I don’t see the problem if it could save someone’s life . the lockdown slaughtered the economy if you want to wear a mask that’s fine I’m hoping the government don’t bring wearing a mask back and if you want to wear one in public places do it but don’t preach about it we are all adults and can make our own choices I asked you a simple question how long would you like to see masks around for bearing in mind we have the flu every year and now covid do you want it to be a yearly thing personally I think we should just learn to live with it not much more we can do now most are all vaccinated

mate it’s not a big ask for me I wear one every day in a hospital I obey the rules my wife and son both have had covid ok it was like a mild flu for them they are lucky but my argument is it’s never going away so how long do we go on like this personally I think we need to get back to normallaty like we do with flu google flu deaths in the U.K. it kills tens of thousands and it doesn’t even make the news I agree planes trains busses wear one but supermarkets are huge I don’t really see the point but that’s my personal opinion I wasn’t having a pop at you I always respect your posts sorry if I offended you tho "

If the long term plan is for us to live with covid, the same way we live with the flu, then at some point masks should be down to personal choice.

I think that right now, it's not under control, and the rate it's spreading is not comparable to normal flu. So masks in shops and public transport would be a good idea.

Glad your family wasn't too sick with covid. I had it, I'm fine now, but it was a rough six weeks.

thornaby

mate it’s not a big ask for me I wear one every day in a hospital I obey the rules my wife and son both have had covid ok it was like a mild flu for them they are lucky but my argument is it’s never going away so how long do we go on like this personally I think we need to get back to normallaty like we do with flu google flu deaths in the U.K. it kills tens of thousands and it doesn’t even make the news I agree planes trains busses wear one but supermarkets are huge I don’t really see the point but that’s my personal opinion I wasn’t having a pop at you I always respect your posts sorry if I offended you tho

If the long term plan is for us to live with covid, the same way we live with the flu, then at some point masks should be down to personal choice.

I think that right now, it's not under control, and the rate it's spreading is not comparable to normal flu. So masks in shops and public transport would be a good idea.

Glad your family wasn't too sick with covid. I had it, I'm fine now, but it was a rough six weeks. "

sorry to hear that glad your ok now and that’s a fair point but I can’t see it ever being under control if it’s spreading still after the vaccine and the lockdowns like I say I wear a mask every day but to be honest iv never had any faith in the effectiveness of them

Manchester

mate it’s not a big ask for me I wear one every day in a hospital I obey the rules my wife and son both have had covid ok it was like a mild flu for them they are lucky but my argument is it’s never going away so how long do we go on like this personally I think we need to get back to normallaty like we do with flu google flu deaths in the U.K. it kills tens of thousands and it doesn’t even make the news I agree planes trains busses wear one but supermarkets are huge I don’t really see the point but that’s my personal opinion I wasn’t having a pop at you I always respect your posts sorry if I offended you tho "

No offence taken at all foxychick. It’s good to debate and I know you don’t mean it as a personal thing. All good with me.

In answer to your question I really have no idea how long we go on for.. maybe when the levels are the same as flu?? But honestly no idea.

Manchester

Really glad your family ok Foxychick.

On a technical point isn’t the benefit of masks that it stops a lot if our doit moisture etc getting into the air to be inhaled by others? That must be a thing otherwise we wouldn’t have them in hospitals at all.

I feel for you wearing them at work at no in public places though that must be painful.

thornaby

"Really glad your family ok Foxychick.

On a technical point isn’t the benefit of masks that it stops a lot if our doit moisture etc getting into the air to be inhaled by others? That must be a thing otherwise we wouldn’t have them in hospitals at all.

I feel for you wearing them at work at no in public places though that must be painful. "

levels are the same as fly well that will be tens of thousands of covid and flu that’s still a high number of deaths isn’t it ? The masks most people wear are the blue and white cheap ones probsbly the ones you wear when your on a bus or train ? ask anyone working in a hospital and they will tell you the same there rubbish so again I fail to see the point in them

Manchester

"Really glad your family ok Foxychick.

I feel for you wearing them at work at no in public places though that must be painful. levels are the same as fly well that will be tens of thousands of covid and flu that’s still a high number of deaths isn’t it ? The masks most people wear are the blue and white cheap ones probsbly the ones you wear when your on a bus or train ? ask anyone working in a hospital and they will tell you the same there rubbish so again I fail to see the point in them "

Putting anything in front of your mouth reduces moisture escaping . Well apart from maybe an extractor fan!!

Again better than not wearing a mask.

Manchester

So the Houses of Parliament are now cancelling meetings and rounding on staff for not wearing masks . And the reason? There is an outbreak of Covid in the estate.

MPs are exempt from rules and as Reece Bog says they all know each other so don’t have to wear masks . Just Fuckwitts

Hundreds of supposedly intelligent people crammed into the chamber each week are showing a fine example .

» Add a new message to this topic