FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Brexit is far worse for the economy than Covid

Brexit is far worse for the economy than Covid

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

According to the Office for Budget Responsibility (OBR), leaving the EU would “reduce our long run GDP by around 4%.”

The OBR also said: “We think that the effect of the pandemic will reduce that (GDP) output by a further 2%.”

So the OBR reckons Brexit is twice as bad for our economy as Covid. Still, blue passports eh?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"According to the Office for Budget Responsibility (OBR), leaving the EU would “reduce our long run GDP by around 4%.”

The OBR also said: “We think that the effect of the pandemic will reduce that (GDP) output by a further 2%.”

So the OBR reckons Brexit is twice as bad for our economy as Covid. Still, blue passports eh?"

Who cares about all that, Brexit was just about winning , they won (not sure what ) get over it

"According to the Office for Budget Responsibility (OBR), leaving the EU would “reduce our long run GDP by around 4%.”

So the OBR reckons Brexit is twice as bad for our economy as Covid. Still, blue passports eh?

Who cares about all that, Brexit was just about winning , they won (not sure what ) get over it "

But I'm a limbo dancer. I'm trained to not get over things

Who cares about all that, Brexit was just about winning , they won (not sure what ) get over it

But I'm a limbo dancer. I'm trained to not get over things "

Stop being so negative, just re train as HGV drive or broccoli picker

Stop being so negative, just re train as HGV drive or broccoli picker "

Guess I could use my limbo skills to get really low to pick loads of plants.

Stop being so negative, just re train as HGV drive or broccoli picker

Guess I could use my limbo skills to get really low to pick loads of plants."

Exactly, don’t be so negative, just believe

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

" Still, blue passports eh?"

My new ‘blue’ passport arrived today.

Mmmmmm

" Still, blue passports eh?

Mmmmmm"

I am jealous,

North West

Mmmmmm

I am jealous, "

I feel embarrassed tbh

Mmmmmm"

Please tell me there's a pic of a unicorn on it that's shitting rainbows.

Mmmmmm

I am jealous,

I feel embarrassed tbh "

There is no need, just get a nice bergundy cover for it

Mmmmmm

Please tell me there's a pic of a unicorn on it that's shitting rainbows."

There is, but you can only see it if your a true believer, bitter , negative ‘remoaner’ types won’t be able to see the unicorn shitting rainbow image

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

So the OBR reckons Brexit is twice as bad for our economy as Covid. Still, blue passports eh?"

In complete fairness. There is no accurate way to know the exact figures or to project the exact long term impact of either.

But it's quite funny that the bar for brexit is now "maybe not as bad as the worst pandemic in living memory".

That's misrepresented.

The said OBR Report is over a year old, incorporates previous surveys going back to 2016, and states that the impact of Brexit over the long-term, 10 to 15 years, may be a reduction in GDP of 4%.  

A guess at 4%.

Back in the here and now and to put this into context, UK GDP fell 9.9% in 2020 due to the pandemic.

That's misrepresented.

The said OBR Report is over a year old, incorporates previous surveys going back to 2016, and states that the impact of Brexit over the long-term, 10 to 15 years, may be a reduction in GDP of 4%.  

A guess at 4%.

Back in the here and now and to put this into context, UK GDP fell 9.9% in 2020 due to the pandemic.

"

Speaking after Wednesday's Budget, Mr Hughes said recent data showed the impact of Brexit was "broadly consistent" with the OBR's assumption that the leaving the EU would "reduce our long run GDP by around 4%".

Wednesday seems pretty damn recent to me. Given it's only Thursday today. (Just saw the time. Technically it's Friday now.)

[Removed by poster at 29/10/21 05:44:56]

The thing is, not everyone voted because the economy/money was the important thing about this Brexit vote to them. One guy interviewed voted to leave because he wanted house prices to collapse so he could get onto the property ladder. For us, sovereignty was number one.

If you approve of taking one country's wealth to subsidize another country's needs, then the EU is for you, but we don't approve.

People voted the way they did for thousands of reasons. We're all still alive, just soldier on and keep your pecker up

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

" One guy interviewed voted to leave because he wanted house prices to collapse so he could get onto the property ladder. "

how is that going for him i wonder?

golden fields

"The thing is, not everyone voted because the economy/money was the important thing about this Brexit vote to them. One guy interviewed voted to leave because he wanted house prices to collapse so he could get onto the property ladder. For us, sovereignty was number one.

If you approve of taking one country's wealth to subsidize another country's needs, then the EU is for you, but we don't approve.

People voted the way they did for thousands of reasons. We're all still alive, just soldier on and keep your pecker up "

This is true. The specific piece of propaganda that each leaver voter believed is varied and diverse.

The main thrust of the leave lies was that it would be in some way beneficial to the British people and the British economy.

Shame we have to soldier on and make the best of a shit situation because people voted to make us all poorer. But hey.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

Mmmmmm

I am jealous,

I feel embarrassed tbh "

well don’t use it simple lol

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Im well happy with mine.

thornaby

I couldn’t care less what colour it is who sees them anyway I’m more embarrassed about me pic I look like an escapee

Mmmmmm

I am jealous,

I feel embarrassed tbh "

Bit sad tbh

By *drianukMan  over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

Yawn. These hardcore Remainers are like the Japanese soldiers discovered on Pacific islands in the 1980s who didn't know that the war had ended.

I recall the Treasury saying there would be an instant recession, house price crash if we voted for Brexit

Spain, Lancs

"The thing is, not everyone voted because the economy/money was the important thing about this Brexit vote to them. One guy interviewed voted to leave because he wanted house prices to collapse so he could get onto the property ladder. For us, sovereignty was number one.

People voted the way they did for thousands of reasons. We're all still alive, just soldier on and keep your pecker up

This is true. The specific piece of propaganda that each leaver voter believed is varied and diverse.

The main thrust of the leave lies was that it would be in some way beneficial to the British people and the British economy.

Shame we have to soldier on and make the best of a shit situation because people voted to make us all poorer. But hey."

Soldier on

golden fields

Shame we have to soldier on and make the best of a shit situation because people voted to make us all poorer. But hey.

Soldier on "

Lol

I hope you take the ribbing in good humour.

It's just on banter on a swingers forum.

"Yawn. These hardcore Remainers are like the Japanese soldiers discovered on Pacific islands in the 1980s who didn't know that the war had ended.

I recall the Treasury saying there would be an instant recession, house price crash if we voted for Brexit "

I also remember being promised ‘the easiest deal in history ‘

golden fields

"Yawn. These hardcore Remainers are like the Japanese soldiers discovered on Pacific islands in the 1980s who didn't know that the war had ended.

I recall the Treasury saying there would be an instant recession, house price crash if we voted for Brexit

I also remember being promised ‘the easiest deal in history ‘ "

"There will be no downside to brexit, only a considerable upside". David Davis. Brexit campaigner.

"There will be no downside to brexit, only a considerable upside". David Davis. Brexit campaigner. "

Ah yes, imagine falling for that bull shit

Spain, Lancs

I also remember being promised ‘the easiest deal in history ‘ "

Anti-democratic Remainers did their best to sabotage it. They were regularly photographed going to Brussels to advise the EU on how they could best damage Britain

Then they hijacked the Commons to prevent Boris breaking the logjam by calling a new election

So Remainers can't really complain about weak points in the subsequent agreement. Especially as they now oppose proposals to revise the agreement

near ipswich

"There will be no downside to brexit, only a considerable upside". David Davis. Brexit campaigner. "

The uk will lose 500000 jobs due to brexit. george Osborne remainer. your point is?

"There will be no downside to brexit, only a considerable upside". David Davis. Brexit campaigner. The uk will lose 500000 jobs due to brexit. george Osborne remainer. your point is?"

They are both lying Tories?

near ipswich

"There will be no downside to brexit, only a considerable upside". David Davis. Brexit campaigner. The uk will lose 500000 jobs due to brexit. george Osborne remainer. your point is?

"

Imagine if we had fell for that bull shit.

By *or Fox SakeCouple  over a year ago

Thornaby

"There will be no downside to brexit, only a considerable upside". David Davis. Brexit campaigner. The uk will lose 500000 jobs due to brexit. george Osborne remainer. your point is?"

in case you missed it, perhaps you were reading up on the corn laws that day, Osborne resigned, as did Cameron.

The current farce is down to BoZo writing political cheques he can't pay.

The "hi-jacked parliament" line is laughable, Parliament did it's job, the job that the leave campaign demanded it do.

Perhaps you and the othe brexit Jihadi's need a good strong coffee and to sit down with some books, economics and history would be a good starting point.

thornaby

"There will be no downside to brexit, only a considerable upside". David Davis. Brexit campaigner. The uk will lose 500000 jobs due to brexit. george Osborne remainer. your point is?

in case you missed it, perhaps you were reading up on the corn laws that day, Osborne resigned, as did Cameron.

The "hi-jacked parliament" line is laughable, Parliament did it's job, the job that the leave campaign demanded it do.

Perhaps you and the othe brexit Jihadi's need a good strong coffee and to sit down with some books, economics and history would be a good starting point."

jihadis and the insults keep coming lol

Imagine if we had fell for that bull shit. "

Tory voters do every general election

near ipswich

Perhaps you and the othe brexit Jihadi's need a good strong coffee and to sit down with some books, economics and history would be a good starting point."

Yes and in case you missed it the post i was replying too david davis resigned too.

Thornaby

Perhaps you and the othe brexit Jihadi's need a good strong coffee and to sit down with some books, economics and history would be a good starting point.jihadis and the insults keep coming lol"

clearly you do not know what jihad is, you should have popped along to the Thornaby mosque where the imman explained it, mate.

thornaby

Perhaps you and the othe brexit Jihadi's need a good strong coffee and to sit down with some books, economics and history would be a good starting point.jihadis and the insults keep coming lol

clearly you do not know what jihad is, you should have popped along to the Thornaby mosque where the imman explained it, mate."

sorry I don’t go to any mosque I just thought was a fight against enimies of Islam

Thornaby

Perhaps you and the othe brexit Jihadi's need a good strong coffee and to sit down with some books, economics and history would be a good starting point.jihadis and the insults keep coming lol

clearly you do not know what jihad is, you should have popped along to the Thornaby mosque where the imman explained it, mate.sorry I don’t go to any mosque I just thought was a fight against enimies of Islam "

jihad simply means struggle, the first jihad is with ones self, as you struggle to fight againt base instincts, the next level is to struggle for good in your community and the wider ummah.

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

we r to bizzy enjoying life

Perhaps you and the othe brexit Jihadi's need a good strong coffee and to sit down with some books, economics and history would be a good starting point.we r to bizzy enjoying life "

thornaby

clearly you do not know what jihad is, you should have popped along to the Thornaby mosque where the imman explained it, mate.sorry I don’t go to any mosque I just thought was a fight against enimies of Islam

jihad simply means struggle, the first jihad is with ones self, as you struggle to fight againt base instincts, the next level is to struggle for good in your community and the wider ummah."

and that’s the only meaning of it ye there’s not different takes on it I’m sure that’s the meaning you ment then mate lol

Thornaby

clearly you do not know what jihad is, you should have popped along to the Thornaby mosque where the imman explained it, mate.sorry I don’t go to any mosque I just thought was a fight against enimies of Islam

jihad simply means struggle, the first jihad is with ones self, as you struggle to fight againt base instincts, the next level is to struggle for good in your community and the wider ummah.and that’s the only meaning of it ye there’s not different takes on it I’m sure that’s the meaning you ment then mate lol"

so the Imman of the mosque got it wrong?

golden fields

Anti-democratic Remainers did their best to sabotage it. They were regularly photographed going to Brussels to advise the EU on how they could best damage Britain

Then they hijacked the Commons to prevent Boris breaking the logjam by calling a new election

So Remainers can't really complain about weak points in the subsequent agreement. Especially as they now oppose proposals to revise the agreement"

Just so we're clear. Your argument is.

1. Brexit is good.

2. Okay actually brexit is shit.

3. It's all the fault of people who voted not to brexit.

Love it.

So Remainers can't really complain about weak points in the subsequent agreement. Especially as they now oppose proposals to revise the agreement

Just so we're clear. Your argument is.

1. Brexit is good.

2. Okay actually brexit is shit.

3. It's all the fault of people who voted not to brexit.

Love it."

thornaby

jihad simply means struggle, the first jihad is with ones self, as you struggle to fight againt base instincts, the next level is to struggle for good in your community and the wider ummah.and that’s the only meaning of it ye there’s not different takes on it I’m sure that’s the meaning you ment then mate lol

so the Imman of the mosque got it wrong?"

didn’t say that google it there’s other meanings aswell petal

Brexit is going as planned:

Completely fuck up the economy and prospects of the younger generation, the blame it all on the Labour party when they eventually get back into power (in 200 years when they can stop the in fighting)

Thornaby

jihad simply means struggle, the first jihad is with ones self, as you struggle to fight againt base instincts, the next level is to struggle for good in your community and the wider ummah.and that’s the only meaning of it ye there’s not different takes on it I’m sure that’s the meaning you ment then mate lol

so the Imman of the mosque got it wrong?didn’t say that google it there’s other meanings aswell petal "

No need to Google it here, I've been reading on the rise of the Muslim empire since about 1980.

thornaby

so the Imman of the mosque got it wrong?didn’t say that google it there’s other meanings aswell petal

No need to Google it here, I've been reading on the rise of the Muslim empire since about 1980."

aw good for you lol so there’s only the meanings that you said then eh ?

"aw good for you lol so there’s only the meanings that you said then eh ?"

Yes that's true. It's the radicalised muslims that twist the meaning of it.

Thornaby

so the Imman of the mosque got it wrong?didn’t say that google it there’s other meanings aswell petal

No need to Google it here, I've been reading on the rise of the Muslim empire since about 1980.aw good for you lol so there’s only the meanings that you said then eh ?"

As I suspect you know, some people, groups, want to bend language to allow it to be used as a stick hit others with, language should be judged on the intent behind it.

I like language, it's a tool to allow expression. I have no issues with the term waging a personal jihad. It's something we all do, day in, day out.

I'm sure you struggle against things in your life.

thornaby

No need to Google it here, I've been reading on the rise of the Muslim empire since about 1980.aw good for you lol so there’s only the meanings that you said then eh ?

As I suspect you know, some people, groups, want to bend language to allow it to be used as a stick hit others with, language should be judged on the intent behind it.

I like language, it's a tool to allow expression. I have no issues with the term waging a personal jihad. It's something we all do, day in, day out.

I'm sure you struggle against things in your life."

everyone has there struggles it’s how you deal with them that counts

Thornaby

No need to Google it here, I've been reading on the rise of the Muslim empire since about 1980.aw good for you lol so there’s only the meanings that you said then eh ?

I'm sure you struggle against things in your life.everyone has there struggles it’s how you deal with them that counts "

All our struggles would be easier without the current bunch of shysters running the country.

thornaby

I'm sure you struggle against things in your life.everyone has there struggles it’s how you deal with them that counts

All our struggles would be easier without the current bunch of shysters running the country."

mine wouldn’t the government can’t effect mine I wish they could

Thornaby

I'm sure you struggle against things in your life.everyone has there struggles it’s how you deal with them that counts

All our struggles would be easier without the current bunch of shysters running the country.mine wouldn’t the government can’t effect mine I wish they could "

Well I hope you find some sort of peace, as I said, we all have struggles, some internal, some external. Take care and I wish you well.

thornaby

All our struggles would be easier without the current bunch of shysters running the country.mine wouldn’t the government can’t effect mine I wish they could

Well I hope you find some sort of peace, as I said, we all have struggles, some internal, some external. Take care and I wish you well."

thank you and same to you

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Mmmmmm"

That’ll be the new Brexit driven UK passport, printed in France!

near ipswich

Mmmmmm

That’ll be the new Brexit driven UK passport, printed in France!"

no Poland, did you think that leaving the EU meant we would never trade with them ever again? no wonder you are so upset.

Brighton

Mmmmmm

That’ll be the new Brexit driven UK passport, printed in France!no Poland, did you think that leaving the EU meant we would never trade with them ever again? no wonder you are so upset."

Don’t be daft. I was simply pointing out the irony. You understand irony right? Sadly many brexiters don’t seem to.

thornaby

Mmmmmm

That’ll be the new Brexit driven UK passport, printed in France!no Poland, did you think that leaving the EU meant we would never trade with them ever again? no wonder you are so upset."

they have got a lot of things wrong lately brexit trump the ge they are just looking for a negative to say we told yas so some well educated people on here few years back predicted assorts flights grounded long ques at airports troops on the streets even more it never happened it’s not gone to plan been lots of fuck ups but it’s early days all the problems we have with brexit now are all fixable no need for this panicking

Thornaby

Mmmmmm

That’ll be the new Brexit driven UK passport, printed in France!no Poland, did you think that leaving the EU meant we would never trade with them ever again? no wonder you are so upset.they have got a lot of things wrong lately brexit trump the ge they are just looking for a negative to say we told yas so some well educated people on here few years back predicted assorts flights grounded long ques at airports troops on the streets even more it never happened it’s not gone to plan been lots of fuck ups but it’s early days all the problems we have with brexit now are all fixable no need for this panicking "

You are right, all fixable, just join the EU

thornaby

Mmmmmm

That’ll be the new Brexit driven UK passport, printed in France!no Poland, did you think that leaving the EU meant we would never trade with them ever again? no wonder you are so upset.they have got a lot of things wrong lately brexit trump the ge they are just looking for a negative to say we told yas so some well educated people on here few years back predicted assorts flights grounded long ques at airports troops on the streets even more it never happened it’s not gone to plan been lots of fuck ups but it’s early days all the problems we have with brexit now are all fixable no need for this panicking

You are right, all fixable, just join the EU "

if any party even say they are going to campaign to rejoin there unelectable and you know it it’s not going to happen not for a long time mate

near ipswich

Mmmmmm

That’ll be the new Brexit driven UK passport, printed in France!no Poland, did you think that leaving the EU meant we would never trade with them ever again? no wonder you are so upset.they have got a lot of things wrong lately brexit trump the ge they are just looking for a negative to say we told yas so some well educated people on here few years back predicted assorts flights grounded long ques at airports troops on the streets even more it never happened it’s not gone to plan been lots of fuck ups but it’s early days all the problems we have with brexit now are all fixable no need for this panicking

You are right, all fixable, just join the EU if any party even say they are going to campaign to rejoin there unelectable and you know it it’s not going to happen not for a long time mate "

You would think by some of the posts on here partys would be clamouring to announce they were standing to rejoin the eu i wonder why they are not

thornaby

Mmmmmm

You are right, all fixable, just join the EU if any party even say they are going to campaign to rejoin there unelectable and you know it it’s not going to happen not for a long time mate You would think by some of the posts on here partys would be clamouring to announce they were standing to rejoin the eu i wonder why they are not "

they all know why not just struggling to deal with it

Thornaby

Mmmmmm

You are right, all fixable, just join the EU if any party even say they are going to campaign to rejoin there unelectable and you know it it’s not going to happen not for a long time mate "

Funny, did the gazette not report the ongoing informal discussions with the SNP/libs/labour about an alliance? Was it on the births deaths page?

thornaby

Mmmmmm

You are right, all fixable, just join the EU if any party even say they are going to campaign to rejoin there unelectable and you know it it’s not going to happen not for a long time mate

Funny, did the gazette not report the ongoing informal discussions with the SNP/libs/labour about an alliance? Was it on the births deaths page?"

see what I mean your at it again talking down to people can’t help yourself can you name a better paper or channel whatever for getting local upto date news aljazera cnn the times Washington post ?

golden fields

Mmmmmm

You are right, all fixable, just join the EU if any party even say they are going to campaign to rejoin there unelectable and you know it it’s not going to happen not for a long time mate You would think by some of the posts on here partys would be clamouring to announce they were standing to rejoin the eu i wonder why they are not "

The anti brexit propaganda was so successful. Just look on here, as an example. Some people still think brexit is a good idea! Lol.

We're living in a post truth world. Reality doesn't matter anymore.

Just consider, people still support Brexit, people thought Trump was interested in anything other than his bank balance, people who don't want the planet to warm beyond its ability to sustain human life are demonised and ridiculed.

That's the world we live in.

golden fields

*anti EU propaganda

near ipswich

I dont see the ant brexit propaganda as a success otherwise we would still be in the eu.

golden fields

"I dont see the ant brexit propaganda as a success otherwise we would still be in the eu. "

Lol

The "anti brexit" propaganda was actual real life information. People don't seem to be arsed with it anymore.

near ipswich

"I dont see the ant brexit propaganda as a success otherwise we would still be in the eu.

Lol

The "anti brexit" propaganda was actual real life information. People don't seem to be arsed with it anymore."

When did we lose those 500,000 jobs? i must have been on holiday.

golden fields

"I dont see the ant brexit propaganda as a success otherwise we would still be in the eu.

Lol

The "anti brexit" propaganda was actual real life information. People don't seem to be arsed with it anymore.When did we lose those 500,000 jobs? i must have been on holiday. "

Lol.

So Brexit is a good idea?

Brighton

Would love to hear from the Brexit supporters how their life has been directly improved as a result of the UK leaving the EU.

As someone who voted Remain, I can say in all honesty that I did not ever believe the EU was perfect. Far from it. Many flaws. But I believe the good outweighed the bad and the UK being in Europe as the 2nd biggest economy and 1st most powerful military meant we exerted a lot of influence (regardless of how the media reported). As an English speaking nation (the international language of business) the UK was an entry point for many businesses. It gave us a USP that we will likely lose to Ireland (the Celtic Tiger will rise again).

So far I can honestly only say I have had direct negative impacts on my life as a result of Brexit. The biggest and most obvious of those being rising costs due to inflation, currency devaluation and supply chain issues.

I can also honestly say that if in the next couple of years Brexit did come good, then I am man enough to stand up and admit I was wrong. It’s really no biggie. I mean, I REALLY hope I am wrong about Brexit. Otherwise we are all fucked (except the 0.1%).

By *lixerMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Time to break the YUK. Start again as neighbours, not boss and servant. With written constitutions, PR and written rules for the Windsor shower.

North West

The U.K. will have (and will have deserved) a catastrophic outcome as a consequence of Brexit, but perhaps the country needs to feel the pain in order to finally purge the nonsensical Exceptionalist attitudes that have caused so much damage this country for decades.

By then, the world will be a very different place and we can only imagine what will be made of people who pursued this nonsense even when staring at the face of the entirely avoidable economic cost to future generations.

“Dear Grandson, I just wanted a sovereignty that I didn’t realise I already had, rich people told me I didn’t have it. I can never admit that I was a gullible fool, but the bill is on the table - you will be paying for it for the rest of your life.”

By *mateur100Man  over a year ago

nr faversham

Lol

The "anti brexit" propaganda was actual real life information. People don't seem to be arsed with it anymore.When did we lose those 500,000 jobs? i must have been on holiday.

Lol.

"

It's a great idea, as is the ECHR and the UN...

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

Eschaton and rapture will be up us with the shortage of European cars and camembert.

golden fields

Lol

The "anti brexit" propaganda was actual real life information. People don't seem to be arsed with it anymore.When did we lose those 500,000 jobs? i must have been on holiday.

Lol.

It's a great idea, as is the ECHR and the UN..."

Lol.

This brexit banter is great.

It's really fun seeing people still flogging the, brexit is a good idea, dead horse.

It really is like the Black Knight "it's only a flesh wound".

It's hard to pick my favourite from the last week or so. There's been so much great comedy. I've enjoyed the "brexit is great because it might not be twice as ruinous to the economy as the pandemic".

You can always tell when Brexiters have nothing to defend their position because they don't even remotely address the topic.

Brexit will be far worse for the economy of this country than Covid. It's pretty clear and pretty damning. Brexit will do us twice as much economic damage as the worst pandemic in living memory...

"….

People voted the way they did for thousands of reasons. We're all still alive, just soldier on and keep your pecker up "

Ironic given that the UK’s historical status in the global rankings - albeit declined -is based largely on taking wealth from other countries. (Facepalm).

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

it appears that the quango formed by the tory government to underpin their fiscal policies have condemned the tory government for their failed fiscal policies.

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

"Would love to hear from the Brexit supporters how their life has been directly improved as a result of the UK leaving the EU.

As someone who voted Remain, I can say in all honesty that I did not ever believe the EU was perfect. Far from it. Many flaws. But I believe the good outweighed the bad and the UK being in Europe as the 2nd biggest economy and 1st most powerful military meant we exerted a lot of influence (regardless of how the media reported). As an English speaking nation (the international language of business) the UK was an entry point for many businesses. It gave us a USP that we will likely lose to Ireland (the Celtic Tiger will rise again).

So far I can honestly only say I have had direct negative impacts on my life as a result of Brexit. The biggest and most obvious of those being rising costs due to inflation, currency devaluation and supply chain issues.

I can also honestly say that if in the next couple of years Brexit did come good, then I am man enough to stand up and admit I was wrong. It’s really no biggie. I mean, I REALLY hope I am wrong about Brexit. Otherwise we are all fucked (except the 0.1%)."

Let me just say at the start I am not here to argue with people who have a different view or experience. I'm not here to insult people's intelligence, call them simpletons ect. Just to use the forums to discuss and indeed learn. So my experience since brexit has been largely like any other year. I have not so far been unable to get any products that I would normally get and nothing so far I can pin purely on brexit that has had a negative impact on me. I have had a positive experience at work this year and actually being valued at last. Of course it may be a coincidence after all these years that the bosses have suddenly changed but I would not put money on it. Anyway thats me. I'm sure many people have many different experiences and disagree but the above is my experience to date

thornaby

"Would love to hear from the Brexit supporters how their life has been directly improved as a result of the UK leaving the EU.

I can also honestly say that if in the next couple of years Brexit did come good, then I am man enough to stand up and admit I was wrong. It’s really no biggie. I mean, I REALLY hope I am wrong about Brexit. Otherwise we are all fucked (except the 0.1%).

Let me just say at the start I am not here to argue with people who have a different view or experience. I'm not here to insult people's intelligence, call them simpletons ect. Just to use the forums to discuss and indeed learn. So my experience since brexit has been largely like any other year. I have not so far been unable to get any products that I would normally get and nothing so far I can pin purely on brexit that has had a negative impact on me. I have had a positive experience at work this year and actually being valued at last. Of course it may be a coincidence after all these years that the bosses have suddenly changed but I would not put money on it. Anyway thats me. I'm sure many people have many different experiences and disagree but the above is my experience to date"

bloody hell we need more people like you on here that’s for sure

North West

Let me just say at the start I am not here to argue with people who have a different view or experience. I'm not here to insult people's intelligence, call them simpletons ect. Just to use the forums to discuss and indeed learn. So my experience since brexit has been largely like any other year. I have not so far been unable to get any products that I would normally get and nothing so far I can pin purely on brexit that has had a negative impact on me. I have had a positive experience at work this year and actually being valued at last. Of course it may be a coincidence after all these years that the bosses have suddenly changed but I would not put money on it. Anyway thats me. I'm sure many people have many different experiences and disagree but the above is my experience to datebloody hell we need more people like you on here that’s for sure "

I wonder if there might be a reason why there are not?

Mmmmm

thornaby

Let me just say at the start I am not here to argue with people who have a different view or experience. I'm not here to insult people's intelligence, call them simpletons ect. Just to use the forums to discuss and indeed learn. So my experience since brexit has been largely like any other year. I have not so far been unable to get any products that I would normally get and nothing so far I can pin purely on brexit that has had a negative impact on me. I have had a positive experience at work this year and actually being valued at last. Of course it may be a coincidence after all these years that the bosses have suddenly changed but I would not put money on it. Anyway thats me. I'm sure many people have many different experiences and disagree but the above is my experience to datebloody hell we need more people like you on here that’s for sure

Mmmmm "

maybe to many people can’t debate without insults does that ring a bell mate ? Mmmmmm

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

With the drip of Eastern bloc countries joinung the EU over the years it has distorted growth rates with influx of cheap labour on regular basis. It is just not us being affected, those Eastern bloc countries now have their own decent economies and ad such many workers stay put. Seasonal pickers and workers are short in Europe and the UK.

I deal with suppliers in Italy, Germany, Czech Republic. We all seem to have the same issues, so the UK growth needs to be put into perspective, China is in massive downturn, raw material is short supply or expensive if it can be had. When growth rates are compared I very much expect the covid pandemic will have far greater effect than Brexit as we like Europe are not immune globally to those effects.

near ipswich

Let me just say at the start I am not here to argue with people who have a different view or experience. I'm not here to insult people's intelligence, call them simpletons ect. Just to use the forums to discuss and indeed learn. So my experience since brexit has been largely like any other year. I have not so far been unable to get any products that I would normally get and nothing so far I can pin purely on brexit that has had a negative impact on me. I have had a positive experience at work this year and actually being valued at last. Of course it may be a coincidence after all these years that the bosses have suddenly changed but I would not put money on it. Anyway thats me. I'm sure many people have many different experiences and disagree but the above is my experience to datebloody hell we need more people like you on here that’s for sure

Mmmmm maybe to many people can’t debate without insults does that ring a bell mate ? Mmmmmm"

It does to me ive just been called a simple minded fool on another thread the art of debate without insults seems to be a lost art.

By *rLibertineMan  over a year ago

North Suffolk

[Removed by poster at 30/10/21 14:45:23]

By *eanoCoolMan  over a year ago

wisbech

Mmmmm maybe to many people can’t debate without insults does that ring a bell mate ? Mmmmmm"

Agree with you there foxy, the amount I times I read the forums and just think whats the point trying to have a discussion on the subject with all the hate towards people who have a different point of view or experience to others. It can be a nasty place at times when some posters get bullied and hounded as they do.

North West

Mmmmm maybe to many people can’t debate without insults does that ring a bell mate ? Mmmmmm

Agree with you there foxy, the amount I times I read the forums and just think whats the point trying to have a discussion on the subject with all the hate towards people who have a different point of view or experience to others. It can be a nasty place at times when some posters get bullied and hounded as they do."

“Answer with logic” is the new “harassing and bullying”.

wisbech

Mmmmm maybe to many people can’t debate without insults does that ring a bell mate ? Mmmmmm

Agree with you there foxy, the amount I times I read the forums and just think whats the point trying to have a discussion on the subject with all the hate towards people who have a different point of view or experience to others. It can be a nasty place at times when some posters get bullied and hounded as they do.

“Answer with logic” is the new “harassing and bullying”."

If that's how you see it, but that's not what I said did i?? Stop twisting my words please. Also I believe I was replying to foxy and not yourself so am unsure why this is directed towards me.

North West

If that's how you see it, but that's not what I said did i?? Stop twisting my words please. Also I believe I was replying to foxy and not yourself so am unsure why this is directed towards me."

Nothing is directed at you. It is an open forum. People can comment on anything they want to.

wisbech

If that's how you see it, but that's not what I said did i?? Stop twisting my words please. Also I believe I was replying to foxy and not yourself so am unsure why this is directed towards me.

Nothing is directed at you. It is an open forum. People can comment on anything they want to."

Well as it was tagged onto my post so certainly it seemed that way, and if you are going to quote me in posts at least have the decency to quote my actual words and not change them.

thornaby

Agree with you there foxy, the amount I times I read the forums and just think whats the point trying to have a discussion on the subject with all the hate towards people who have a different point of view or experience to others. It can be a nasty place at times when some posters get bullied and hounded as they do."

it’s the same people aswell they have been doing it for years they sort of get cheered on by there chums on here it’s there way of ve ring there anger over brexit it’s pathetic because they wouldn’t dare talk to family or friends with a different point of view to themselves like they do in here lol

North West

All that Brexit winning and as the consequences roll out (as predicted), those who voted for it become more and more diminished, embarrassed and delicate.

Whatever you do….

Don’t say “boo” to a Brexiter.

thornaby

"All that Brexit winning and as the consequences roll out (as predicted), those who voted for it become more and more diminished, embarrassed and delicate.

Whatever you do….

Don’t say “boo” to a Brexiter. "

pmsl have you done a poll on who is embarrassed they voted leave ?

"All that Brexit winning and as the consequences roll out (as predicted), those who voted for it become more and more diminished, embarrassed and delicate.

Whatever you do….

Don’t say “boo” to a Brexiter. pmsl have you done a poll on who is embarrassed they voted leave ?"

It will be just like the invasion of Iraq. Lots of people backed it at the time, but now the very same pretend they've always been against it

A reminder of the topic:

According to the Office for Budget Responsibility (OBR), leaving the EU would “reduce our long run GDP by around 4%.”

Brexit: the gift that never stops taking.

By *ristoltony40Man  over a year ago

bristol

Whichever side Tony Blair is on I'm glad to be on the other in any subject Iraq , Brexit or covid id cards , which is worse covid or Brexit? hold your breath and find out , more exciting than reading the guardian ,

"Whichever side Tony Blair is on I'm glad to be on the other in any subject Iraq , Brexit or covid id cards , which is worse covid or Brexit? hold your breath and find out , more exciting than reading the guardian , "

golden fields

"Whichever side Tony Blair is on I'm glad to be on the other in any subject Iraq , Brexit or covid id cards , which is worse covid or Brexit? hold your breath and find out , more exciting than reading the guardian , "

You could hold your breath and find out. Or you could read the Office for Budget Responsibility report and find out.

Let us know which option you choose.

By *ndmarmurCouple  over a year ago

Living in Spain

Mmmmmm"

Made in France

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

Mmmmmm

Made in France "

poland actually

Brighton

Mmmmmm

Made in France poland actually"

Which makes the irony even greater - all those bloody Eastern Europeans coming over here taking our jobs! Bloody reliable hard working plumbers and builders doing a great job for a reasonable price. How bloody dare they!

And now the construction sector is facing a lack of skilled trades because those bloody foreigners went home! How bloody dare they!

But hey it’s fine because the good old British trades can mop up the work, charge a mint and continue to operate POETS day mentality!

Thornaby

Mmmmmm

You are right, all fixable, just join the EU if any party even say they are going to campaign to rejoin there unelectable and you know it it’s not going to happen not for a long time mate

Funny, did the gazette not report the ongoing informal discussions with the SNP/libs/labour about an alliance? Was it on the births deaths page?see what I mean your at it again talking down to people can’t help yourself can you name a better paper or channel whatever for getting local upto date news aljazera cnn the times Washington post ?"

Try the Northern Echo

BBC regional

Northern Bylines

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

Mmmmmm

Made in France poland actually

Which makes the irony even greater - all those bloody Eastern Europeans coming over here taking our jobs! Bloody reliable hard working plumbers and builders doing a great job for a reasonable price. How bloody dare they!

And now the construction sector is facing a lack of skilled trades because those bloody foreigners went home! How bloody dare they!

But hey it’s fine because the good old British trades can mop up the work, charge a mint and continue to operate POETS day mentality!"

I must say wenever you reply to me you reply as if i voted leave? Wasjust pointing out to a poster if they are going to say passports are printed in another country at least get the country right,as far as the ref vote i didnt bother as i wasnt fussed what way it went as being in or out really dosent affect me,

near ipswich

Mmmmmm

But hey it’s fine because the good old British trades can mop up the work, charge a mint and continue to operate POETS day mentality!"

you do seem to have stereotyped a brexit supporter in your mind which has no bearing on reality .

golden fields

Mmmmmm

But hey it’s fine because the good old British trades can mop up the work, charge a mint and continue to operate POETS day mentality! you do seem to have stereotyped a brexit supporter in your mind which has no bearing on reality . "

It's very hard to talk about what the stereotype brexit voter is. Because it's obvious not one type of person.

The easy ones are the angry confused Sun/Daily Mail reader shaking their fist at the EU/Foreigners/Corbyn etc. (Which in fairness, we do see some of on here in the last couple of weeks). The posho Telegraph reading, port drinking, jaguar driving Tory voter. I'm sure there are more.

Although all those people did likely vote brexit. No one thinks that every brexit voter is like that.

near ipswich

Mmmmmm

But hey it’s fine because the good old British trades can mop up the work, charge a mint and continue to operate POETS day mentality! you do seem to have stereotyped a brexit supporter in your mind which has no bearing on reality .

It's very hard to talk about what the stereotype brexit voter is. Because it's obvious not one type of person.

The easy ones are the angry confused Sun/Daily Mail reader shaking their fist at the EU/Foreigners/Corbyn etc. (Which in fairness, we do see some of on here in the last couple of weeks). The posho Telegraph reading, port drinking, jaguar driving Tory voter. I'm sure there are more.

Although all those people did likely vote brexit. No one thinks that every brexit voter is like that. "

Corbyn ????? he has been anti eu from day one

Thornaby

Mmmmmm

But hey it’s fine because the good old British trades can mop up the work, charge a mint and continue to operate POETS day mentality! you do seem to have stereotyped a brexit supporter in your mind which has no bearing on reality .

Although all those people did likely vote brexit. No one thinks that every brexit voter is like that. Corbyn ????? he has been anti eu from day one "

Do you even read the posts?

bristol

As long as I don't fall asleep , I'll give it a miss as I don't suffer from insomnia

golden fields

Mmmmmm

Although all those people did likely vote brexit. No one thinks that every brexit voter is like that. Corbyn ????? he has been anti eu from day one "

I'm dunno dude. I'm not one of the people who think all the problems in the UK are caused by Corbyn, The EU, foreigners, Greta Thornburg, Macron etc.

Your going to have to ask people who think brexit is a good idea.

"As long as I don't fall asleep , I'll give it a miss as I don't suffer from insomnia "

Ironically, reading your posts helped me get to sleep in record time last night. Cheers

Since certain people are still doing their best to avoid the topic:

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

"Since certain people are still doing their best to avoid the topic:

Brexit: the gift that never stops taking."

So around £80Billion loss in turnover per year and then an extra £20- 25B extra direct costs to industry per year. Add less people paying tax into the U.K. £500m - £1B loss .

Now tell me again how much membership was ?

We’re going to sign some amazing deals to get this all back I know!!

Still on a positive note our tax haven status is secured so all good with Reece Mogg and co.

So around £80Billion loss in turnover per year and then an extra £20- 25B extra direct costs to industry per year. Add less people paying tax into the U.K. £500m - £1B loss .

Still on a positive note our tax haven status is secured so all good with Reece Mogg and co.

"

But but but, it was never about the economy, apparently

Manchester

But but but, it was never about the economy, apparently "

Oh that’s ok then . I was getting concerned for a minute there !! Thanks for putting my mind at rest !

bristol

Same here with yours , listening to Remoaners always puts me to sleep , it never fails

golden fields

"Same here with yours , listening to Remoaners always puts me to sleep , it never fails "

Maybe if more people had paid attention, instead of sleeping, we wouldn't be in this mess.

"Same here with yours , listening to Remoaners always puts me to sleep , it never fails

Maybe if more people had paid attention, instead of sleeping, we wouldn't be in this mess."

Then leave the UK ,,,,,,

No ones asking you to stay, go and live in the EU.

golden fields

"Same here with yours , listening to Remoaners always puts me to sleep , it never fails

Maybe if more people had paid attention, instead of sleeping, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Then leave the UK ,,,,,,

No ones asking you to stay, go and live in the EU."

So anyone who points out the reality of brexit should fuck off!

Classic.

We used to be able to go and live in the EU. We had freedom of movement. But sadly people voted to end it. So you're stuck with a proportion of the population who won't just pretend everything is fine and dandy. Still, thanks for your suggestion.

"Same here with yours , listening to Remoaners always puts me to sleep , it never fails "

Cheer up fella,

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

They just can’t let it go never mind ,

"Same here with yours , listening to Remoaners always puts me to sleep , it never fails They just can’t let it go never mind , "

Do you mean like the people who ‘couldn’t let it go’ when we were in the EU? They moaned for decades

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

"Same here with yours , listening to Remoaners always puts me to sleep , it never fails They just can’t let it go never mind ,

Do you mean like the people who ‘couldn’t let it go’ when we were in the EU? They moaned for decades "

Maybe in another 20 odd years you’ll get a chance to get a vote to try gain entry again ? But till then we are out no moaning will change that

"Same here with yours , listening to Remoaners always puts me to sleep , it never fails They just can’t let it go never mind ,

Do you mean like the people who ‘couldn’t let it go’ when we were in the EU? They moaned for decades Maybe in another 20 odd years you’ll get a chance to get a vote to try gain entry again ? But till then we are out no moaning will change that "

It worked for all the moaners & whiners whilst we were in the EU, they were crying for decades

near ipswich

Do you mean like the people who ‘couldn’t let it go’ when we were in the EU? They moaned for decades "

Did you see a lot of moaning about the eu on here before the referendum then? i dont remember that i think the vast majority of people just got on with life until the opportunity came to change and they grabbed it with both hands.

golden fields

Do you mean like the people who ‘couldn’t let it go’ when we were in the EU? They moaned for decades Maybe in another 20 odd years you’ll get a chance to get a vote to try gain entry again ? But till then we are out no moaning will change that "

So.

Discussion on the reality of brexit = moaning, not okay

Moaning about discussion on the reality of brexit = not moaning, and is okay.

Amazing.

golden fields

Do you mean like the people who ‘couldn’t let it go’ when we were in the EU? They moaned for decades Did you see a lot of moaning about the eu on here before the referendum then? i dont remember that i think the vast majority of people just got on with life until the opportunity came to change and they grabbed it with both hands. "

Maybe because the bendy banana, "everything is the fault of the EU", was in fact, a load of made up nonsense. But the impact of brexit on the UK, is very real.

Do you mean like the people who ‘couldn’t let it go’ when we were in the EU? They moaned for decades Did you see a lot of moaning about the eu on here before the referendum then? i dont remember that i think the vast majority of people just got on with life until the opportunity came to change and they grabbed it with both hands. "

No idea if they were moaning on here, I saw plenty of crying and moaning by the ERG and Farage, they were at it for years

near ipswich

Do you mean like the people who ‘couldn’t let it go’ when we were in the EU? They moaned for decades Did you see a lot of moaning about the eu on here before the referendum then? i dont remember that i think the vast majority of people just got on with life until the opportunity came to change and they grabbed it with both hands.

No idea if they were moaning on here, I saw plenty of crying and moaning by the ERG and Farage, they were at it for years "

yeah farage was but who in their right mind took him seriously anyone with any sense knew he was just out for publicity. As for the erg i never followed them very closely just as i dont with the 1922 club etc or other fringe politics.

Manchester

Do you mean like the people who ‘couldn’t let it go’ when we were in the EU? They moaned for decades Did you see a lot of moaning about the eu on here before the referendum then? i dont remember that i think the vast majority of people just got on with life until the opportunity came to change and they grabbed it with both hands.

No idea if they were moaning on here, I saw plenty of crying and moaning by the ERG and Farage, they were at it for years "

Yes Farage spent 20 years taking the tax payers money from the EU (over €2m) but didn’t take part in virtually any meetings to represent the U.K. Look at his track record on the fisheries committees . I think the British fishermen have a very, very good reason to moan.. Its costing some of them their livelihood.

near ipswich

No idea if they were moaning on here, I saw plenty of crying and moaning by the ERG and Farage, they were at it for years

Yes Farage spent 20 years taking the tax payers money from the EU (over €2m) but didn’t take part in virtually any meetings to represent the U.K. Look at his track record on the fisheries committees . I think the British fishermen have a very, very good reason to moan.. Its costing some of them their livelihood.

"

Exactly everyone could see what he was doing it seems fab was taken in by him though and who would have thought that he followed the erg so closely.

By *uninlondon69Man  over a year ago

Lewisham

Then leave the UK ,,,,,,

No ones asking you to stay, go and live in the EU."

Before 2016 that was a very simple option open to all of us. Then 37‰ (not 52) of the population voted to restrict everyone's freedom of movement.

near ipswich

Then leave the UK ,,,,,,

Before 2016 that was a very simple option open to all of us. Then 37‰ (not 52) of the population voted to restrict everyone's freedom of movement. "

Still denying it was a 52%-48% split then .

Then leave the UK ,,,,,,

Classic.

We used to be able to go and live in the EU. We had freedom of movement. But sadly people voted to end it. So you're stuck with a proportion of the population who won't just pretend everything is fine and dandy. Still, thanks for your suggestion."

No bother, so when you fucking off ?

golden fields

Then leave the UK ,,,,,,

Before 2016 that was a very simple option open to all of us. Then 37‰ (not 52) of the population voted to restrict everyone's freedom of movement. "

Exactly.

Do other people who think brexit is a good idea, want everyone else to fuck off out of the country? Or is it just this one chap.

Then leave the UK ,,,,,,

Before 2016 that was a very simple option open to all of us. Then 37‰ (not 52) of the population voted to restrict everyone's freedom of movement.

Exactly.

Do other people who think brexit is a good idea, want everyone else to fuck off out of the country? Or is it just this one chap. "

No plenty of room in the boat, you can fuck off aswell

golden fields

Then leave the UK ,,,,,,

Exactly.

Do other people who think brexit is a good idea, want everyone else to fuck off out of the country? Or is it just this one chap.

No plenty of room in the boat, you can fuck off aswell "

Fantastic.

So whats left. A country full of compliant people who stay quiet and don't ask any questions.

Interesting suggestion you're making.

Then leave the UK ,,,,,,

Classic.

We used to be able to go and live in the EU. We had freedom of movement. But sadly people voted to end it. So you're stuck with a proportion of the population who won't just pretend everything is fine and dandy. Still, thanks for your suggestion.

No bother, so when you fucking off ?"

Did you ‘fuck off’ and leave when we were in the EU?

Oh FFS

Exactly everyone could see what he was doing it seems fab was taken in by him though and who would have thought that he followed the erg so closely. "

Your missing the point, if there had been no crying and moaning by the ERG and Farage there would have been no referendum.

golden fields

Then leave the UK ,,,,,,

Classic.

No bother, so when you fucking off ?"

When we vote back into the EU and have freedom of movement.

Mmmmmm

I am jealous,

I feel embarrassed tbh "

Perhaps you should move to Europe and apply for citizenship somewhere then?

golden fields

Mmmmmm

I am jealous,

I feel embarrassed tbh

Perhaps you should move to Europe and apply for citizenship somewhere then?"

Someone else on team "people who don't think brexit is a good idea should fuck off out of the country".

Amazing.

Then leave the UK ,,,,,,

Classic.

Did you ‘fuck off’ and leave when we were in the EU? "

Obviously not tit

I feel a block from the forums coming sids in the room

[Removed by poster at 03/11/21 10:55:08]

Then leave the UK ,,,,,,

Classic.

Obviously not tit "

Why not? You must have been ‘happy’ living in the EU then?

Then leave the UK ,,,,,,

Classic.

Obviously not tit

Why not? You must have been ‘happy’ living in the EU then? "

The discussion/ forum about Brexit the clues it the name. But I understand your confusion.

Then leave the UK ,,,,,,

Classic.

Obviously not tit

The discussion/ forum about Brexit the clues it the name. But I understand your confusion. "

Ah, so you were happy to live in the EU?

Then leave the UK ,,,,,,

Classic.

Obviously not tit

The discussion/ forum about Brexit the clues it the name. But I understand your confusion.

Ah, so you were happy to live in the EU? "

I vote leave and won

Get over it , my little Jeremy Corbyn lover

golden fields

"I feel a block from the forums coming sids in the room "

Maybe try making your point without calling people names and telling them to fuck off out of the country?

golden fields

Then leave the UK ,,,,,,

Classic.

Obviously not tit

I vote leave and won

Get over it , my little Jeremy Corbyn lover "

Are you a billionaire?

Also, you're the guy who thought that the options were:

A. Leave the EU

B. Corbyn

Amazing. Try not to get a forum ban so you can post some more.

Then leave the UK ,,,,,,

Classic.

Obviously not tit

I vote leave and won

Get over it , my little Jeremy Corbyn lover "

You just have been happy to live in the EU, otherwise you would have ‘fucked off’ and left

Then leave the UK ,,,,,,

Classic.

Obviously not tit

I vote leave and won

Are you a billionaire?

A. Leave the EU

B. Corbyn

Amazing. Try not to get a forum ban so you can post some more. "

That sound like a threat??

You threatening me ?

Then leave the UK ,,,,,,

Classic.

Obviously not tit

I vote leave and won

Are you a billionaire?

A. Leave the EU

B. Corbyn

You threatening me ?"

A threat? PMSL

golden fields

Then leave the UK ,,,,,,

Classic.

Obviously not tit

I vote leave and won

Are you a billionaire?

A. Leave the EU

B. Corbyn

You threatening me ?"

What? Which part of that was a threat?

I would like you to stick around. Your posts are hilarious.

Then leave the UK ,,,,,,

Classic.

Obviously not tit

I vote leave and won

Are you a billionaire?

A. Leave the EU

B. Corbyn

You threatening me ?

I would like you to stick around. Your posts are hilarious."

Awww thank you

Oh FFS

"

FFS indeed. Brexit truly is a shitshow. Twice as economically damaging to us in the long run as the worst pandemic in living memory. Says it all really.

golden fields

Then leave the UK ,,,,,,

Classic.

Obviously not tit

I vote leave and won

Are you a billionaire?

A. Leave the EU

B. Corbyn

You threatening me ?

I would like you to stick around. Your posts are hilarious.

Awww thank you "

Ironically, this touches on a point you seem to have missed. There wasn't much moaning abou the EU before the run up to Brexit. Because it wasn't one of the main issues for most people.

Ipsos MORI has, regularly, asked people here every month what they think are the most important issues facing the country. "In December 2015, only six months before the EU referendum and after nearly three years of anticipating it, just 1% of the sample cited Europe as the most important issue of the day. By April 2019 that figure had jumped to 59%. "

Why? Because certain large media organisations and the likes of Johnson/Gove/Farage whipped up anti-EU feeling to serve their own ends. They've split the ccountry and caused huge economic damage just for their own benefit.

Ironically, this touches on a point you seem to have missed. There wasn't much moaning abou the EU before the run up to Brexit. Because it wasn't one of the main issues for most people.

Ipsos MORI has, regularly, asked people here every month what they think are the most important issues facing the country. "In December 2015, only six months before the EU referendum and after nearly three years of anticipating it, just 1% of the sample cited Europe as the most important issue of the day. By April 2019 that figure had jumped to 59%. "

Why? Because certain large media organisations and the likes of Johnson/Gove/Farage whipped up anti-EU feeling to serve their own ends. They've split the ccountry and caused huge economic damage just for their own benefit.

"

near ipswich

"

That was exactly the point i was trying to make to our friend who insists there was a lot of moaning about the eu, there wasn't but the referendum proved that people were not happy with it.so thank you for backing me up that its just the remainers who are constantly moaning.

That was exactly the point i was trying to make to our friend who insists there was a lot of moaning about the eu, there wasn't but the referendum proved that people were not happy with it.so thank you for backing me up that its just the remainers who are constantly moaning. "

You're either totally missing the point of deliberately swerving it. The EU was not a major issue for the vast majority of the UK public. Until anti-EU feeling was whipped up. Then suddenly it magically became oh so important.

That was exactly the point i was trying to make to our friend who insists there was a lot of moaning about the eu, there wasn't but the referendum proved that people were not happy with it.so thank you for backing me up that its just the remainers who are constantly moaning. "

Your missing the point, again. It was the moaning, crying, whining and lying by the ERG and Farage who got you a referendum, the tories and Cameron couldn’t have cared less about what you wanted

near ipswich

That was exactly the point i was trying to make to our friend who insists there was a lot of moaning about the eu, there wasn't but the referendum proved that people were not happy with it.so thank you for backing me up that its just the remainers who are constantly moaning.

Your missing the point, again. It was the moaning, crying, whining and lying by the ERG and Farage who got you a referendum, the tories and Cameron couldn’t have cared less about what you wanted "

no i didnt miss the point at all but carry on trying to make yourself right.

Your missing the point, again. It was the moaning, crying, whining and lying by the ERG and Farage who got you a referendum, the tories and Cameron couldn’t have cared less about what you wanted no i didnt miss the point at all but carry on trying to make yourself right. "

I have noticed your still moaning about the EU judging by all the threads you have started

Your missing the point, again. It was the moaning, crying, whining and lying by the ERG and Farage who got you a referendum, the tories and Cameron couldn’t have cared less about what you wanted no i didnt miss the point at all but carry on trying to make yourself right. "

Still missing the point completely eh?

The vast majority in the UK didn't view the EU as any sort of issue. For years. Then certain newspapers started whipping up shit. And Johnson/Farage/Gove etc. Suddenly the EU was the most important issue to ever face our brave island nation. The whole thing was manufactured to favour a handful of people at the expense of the whole country.

golden fields

There's a lot of moaning going on about perceived moaning about the impact of brexit.

I'd like to moan about the moaners moaning about the people who don't think brexit is a good idea.

Manchester

I’m not moaning bout Brexit that’s been and gone. I’m moaning about the damage that has bend caused by Brexit!! So I don’t want to get over it I want it fixing by Boris and co our elected leader. He’s made lots of people poorer and damaged business more than anyone since the 3 day week but every one who supports him says everything in the garden is rosey..

OBR the governments own finance advice says the garden is in a shit state and will be for many years to come. Moan moan moan

"I’m not moaning bout Brexit that’s been and gone. I’m moaning about the damage that has bend caused by Brexit!! So I don’t want to get over it I want it fixing by Boris and co our elected leader. He’s made lots of people poorer and damaged business more than anyone since the 3 day week but every one who supports him says everything in the garden is rosey..

OBR the governments own finance advice says the garden is in a shit state and will be for many years to come. Moan moan moan "

You can’t moan about the affects of Brexit but you can moan about the EU , seems hypocritical to me

golden fields

"I’m not moaning bout Brexit that’s been and gone. I’m moaning about the damage that has bend caused by Brexit!! So I don’t want to get over it I want it fixing by Boris and co our elected leader. He’s made lots of people poorer and damaged business more than anyone since the 3 day week but every one who supports him says everything in the garden is rosey..

OBR the governments own finance advice says the garden is in a shit state and will be for many years to come. Moan moan moan

You can’t moan about the affects of Brexit but you can moan about the EU , seems hypocritical to me "

And you can moan about people who don't like brexit. (And tell them to fuck off out of the country).

You can’t moan about the affects of Brexit but you can moan about the EU , seems hypocritical to me

And you can moan about people who don't like brexit. (And tell them to fuck off out of the country). "

That’s correct. And Brexit supporters think the referendum was held for them, sad and deluded really

golden fields

And you can moan about people who don't like brexit. (And tell them to fuck off out of the country).

That’s correct. And Brexit supporters think the referendum was held for them, sad and deluded really "

And we all lost (unless anyone here is a billionaire).