FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > UK left out of US-EU deal over tariffs.

UK left out of US-EU deal over tariffs.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *he_Last_Titan OP   Man  over a year ago

Bristol

Tariffs left in place on UK steel

Brexit ..the gift that keeps on giving.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *xhib12Man  over a year ago

Blyth

If it's a US-EU deal why are you surprised the UK is left out?

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Talks are ongoing between the UK and the USA on steel tariffs.

Exporting steel shouldn't be a problem at the moment...we have shortages in our own domestic market!

Bristol

"If it's a US-EU deal why are you surprised the UK is left out?"

I’m

Not surprised, but one of the points of Brexit, was that we would first in the queue when it came to deals with the US. It seems we are not.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

[Removed by poster at 01/11/21 12:47:14]

near ipswich

"If it's a US-EU deal why are you surprised the UK is left out?

I’m

Not surprised, but one of the points of Brexit, was that we would first in the queue when it came to deals with the US. It seems we are not.

"

Was it ? i dont think so, i distantly remember Obama telling us that we would be at the back of the queue and people still voted leave.

Bristol

I’m

Was it ? i dont think so, i distantly remember Obama telling us that we would be at the back of the queue and people still voted leave. "

He did at Cameron’s behest - it backfired spectacularly on Cameron, and it obviously would. However, Brexit was sold to us in part on the ability to do a rapid trade deal with the US. Much faster than if we were part of the EU. Now of course this agreement isn’t a trade deal, but it does seem to suggest that we now have weaker bargaining power than the EU when it comes to clearing up the tariffs that are hurting are economy (according to Steel industry folk).

near ipswich

I’m

Was it ? i dont think so, i distantly remember Obama telling us that we would be at the back of the queue and people still voted leave.

He did at Cameron’s behest - it backfired spectacularly on Cameron, and it obviously would. However, Brexit was sold to us in part on the ability to do a rapid trade deal with the US. Much faster than if we were part of the EU. Now of course this agreement isn’t a trade deal, but it does seem to suggest that we now have weaker bargaining power than the EU when it comes to clearing up the tariffs that are hurting are economy (according to Steel industry folk). "

Was it? again i cant see what part of "you will be at the BACK of the queue" the voters didnt understand it seemed pretty clear to me and was well reported.

Well we didnt seem to be weaker when they lifted tariffs on whisky etc over the airbus Boeing dispute and then lifted them on the eu a month later.

» Add a new message to this topic